New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default My attempt at stating out the 2004 BuzzComix Voting Incentive Comics

I just got linked to these on the General forum, and I instantly knew I had to try stating these out.

Here is the link to the original mini-comics:
    2004 BuzzComix Voting Incentive Comics

Note: Please let me know what you think, or if you have any other ideas or suggestions.

Magic Items to Put Back

Gauntlet of Ogre Stench:
    Function much like a Gauntlet of Ogre Power, except that it only grants a +1 enhancement bonus to the wearer's Strength score, and the wearer will reek of wet Ogre for as long as it wears these gauntlets and 2d6+1 days after they are last worn.

Beets of Striding and Springing:
    Beets of Striding and Springing resemble regular everyday garden beets, but with more vibrant colors, and two tiny legs sprouting from where a regular beet's root would be. All Beets of Striding and Springing have either a 50% of having a slight blue tinge, or a 50% chance of having a slight pinkish tinge.

These animated beets are usually found in pairs, which are stored in small 2ftx1ft magically endowed chests which project a continues cold spell, and a continues gentle repose spell upon the contents within in.

Once an adventurer opens the chest, the beets within instantly escape, jumping out and feeling from their current location and any creatures which might be near by.

If the beets manage to escape, they will continue to flee aimlessly until they are either eaten by something, or find an appropriate patch of fertile land to plant themselves. If both beets survived, and there is at least one blue beet and one pink beet, once planted the beets will reproduce 1d4 new beets every six months for every pinkish beet in the patch.

Notes on stats:
    Use the Tiny Animated Object, except that they have no form of attacks, they have an additional 10ft to speed, they have an additional +5 to Competence Bonus on Jump check, and they have the Plant Type instead of the Construct Type.

Notes on if a Beet of Striding and Springing is eaten:
    If a Beet of Striding and Springing is consumed by a creature able to digest organic material, then the creature gains a +5 Competence Bonus to Jump checks and their speed is increased by 10ft for 1d8 days.

Ioun Kidney Stones:
    Ioun Kidney Stones are extremely rare, but naturally occurring coal black gems of great power found deep within the earth. It is believed that these stones slowly absorb magic/psionic energy from the earth itself over the millennium; however, bringing out it's natural beauty and power requires a very unorthodox process.

Unlike most gems and jewels, a Ioun Kidney Stone's shine or powers can not be brought out with mere tools. For a Ioun Kidney Stone to be refined it must be swallowed by a sentient humanoid. Once swallowed, the stone will work it's way through the host's kidneys then bladder in the course of five days. Once the host's kidneys' natural mineral filtering processes are done refining the stone, and it is injected into the bladder the real work begins.

The host then enters a period of excruciating and incapacitating pain lasting 1d3+1 days, where if male the host can do nothing but lie down in the fetal position and weep. Once this time passes the stone passes naturally, casing 3d6 points of damage and 1d6 points of temporary Con damage as......well you know...

Once the stone is out (and I assume properly cleaned) roll on the following table to see which Ioun Stone you got (you earned it!):

1%-20%: Clear Spindle Sustains creature without food or water
    21%-40%: Dusty rose Prism +1 insight bonus to AC
    41%-46%: Deep red Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity
    47%-52%: Incandescent blue Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to
    53%-58%: Wisdom
    59%-65%: Pale blue Rhomboid +2 enhancement bonus to Strength
    66%-72%: Pink Rhomboid +2 enhancement bonus to Constitution
    73%-77%: Pink and green Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma
    78%-82%: Scarlet and blue Sphere +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence
    83%: Dark blue Rhomboid Alertness (as the feat)
    84%: Vibrant purple Prism Stores three levels of spells, as a ring of spell storing, minor
    85%-95%: Iridescent Spindle Sustains creature without air
    96%: 1Pale lavender Ellipsoid Absorbs spells of 4th level or lower1
    97%: Pearly white Spindle Regenerate 1 point of damage per hour
    98%: Pale green Prism +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks
    99%: Orange Prism +1 caster level
    100%: Lavender and green Ellipsoid Absorbs spells of 8th level or lower2

Note on this one:
    I plan on adding it to my current dungeon for this weekend.

(Continuing in the morning)
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-10-26 at 09:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: My attempt at stating out the 2004 BuzzComix Voting Incentive Comics

Mime of Opening:
    This item resembles a silver token, about twice as large as your average gold piece.

Whenever this item is on your possession, even if in an extra-dimensional space, you gain the service of a continuous Unsee Servent spell. However, this unseen servant is quite visible, and resembles a French Mime with full face paint, red scarf, and a beret.

This unseen servant's only task is to open and close doors for it's master. It will remain within 100ft of the owner of the token, and even if forcefully removed he will simply reform within 10ft of the owner in 2d8 rounds. The only orders a Mime of Opening will follow are orders to open or close doors given by the current owner of the token.

Once an individual takes possession of a Mime of Opening's token ownership of the token can not be passed on to another unless either:
    • The new individual is fully informed by the current owner of what he would be agreeing to (this means the Mime).
    • The current owner dies. If the current owner dies, the Mime of Opening immediately disappears until the token is once again picked up my a new owner.

If the current owner of a Mime of Opening's token attempts to dispose of the token in any way, the token will simply reappear on his person (usually in a front pocket) within 1d3 hours.
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-10-26 at 09:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: My attempt at stating out the 2004 BuzzComix Voting Incentive Comics

Anyone got any ideas for the Book of Exalted Deer?

Dancing Sword:
    This item seems like a normal everyday masterwork longsword...well, until it's magical properties are activated at least.

When the item's command word ("Dance") is spoken, two thin stringy legs and two stringy arms sprout from it's hilt, and a cane magically appears in it's right hand as a boater hat appears in it's left.

The sword then proceeds to jump out of it's wielders hand, and immediately begins a Perform: (Dance) check equaling an evening’s work (6 hours). Afterward the sword proceeds to gather it's earnings for it's owner, it's cane and hat disappear, and it then returns to the form of an average M.W. longsword.

It's stats:
    Size/Type: Medium Cosntruct
    HD: 2d10+20 (31 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 40ft
    AC: 14 (+4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
    Attack: Longsword (itself) +2 (1d8+1/Slashing)
    Full Attack: Longsword (itself) +2 (1d8+1/Slashing)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision Hardness 10.
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will -5
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 10, Con Ř, Int Ř, Wis 1, Cha 10
    Skills: Perform: (Dance) +10 (+2 M.W. [see skill], +3 Feat, 5 ranks)
    Feats: Skill Focus [Perform: (Dancing)]
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: What it gained so far in it's Perform: (Dance) check
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: —
    Level Adjustment: —
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-10-27 at 05:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

A member of another forum came up with this one:

Book of Exalted Deer
    Price (Item Level): 7,000 gp (11th)
    Body Slot: -
    Caster Level: 5th
    Aura: Faint; (DC 17) conjuration
    Activation: Standard (manipulation)
    Weight: 1 lb.

This slender volume is elegantly bound in white leather and edged with silver. It features many colourful pictures of deer in their natural environments.

A gift from the heavens, a book of exalted deer allows its owner to summon creatures from the celestial herds. The book has 10 charges, which are renewed each week. By spending 1 or more charges, you can pull a deer from one of the pages and set it in an adjacent space, where it instantly assumes its full size.
    • 1 charge: You summon a celestial caribou that serves you (as summon monster I) for 10 minutes.
    • 2 charges: You create a deer-shaped phantom steed (as the spell) that lasts for 5 hours.

Unfortunately, celestial deer other than those summoned by the book have an initial attitude of unfriendly (at best) towards its owner, recognizing that the cover is made with the hides of their kin They can be calmed by normal means or easily placated by surrendering the book for disposal.
    Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, phantom steed, summon monster II.
    Cost to Create: 4,000 gp, 320 XP, 8 days.

And, of course, we need a celestial caribou:

This moderately-sized deer has a shining metallic hide and peaceful demeanor.

CELESTIAL CARIBOU - CR 1/3

Always NG Medium magical beast (extraplanar)
    Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Listen +3, Spot +2
    Languages none
    ---
    AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13; (+1 Dex, +3 natural)
    hp 11 (2 HD)
    Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 7
    Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0
    ---
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Melee gore +2 (1d4+1)
    Space 5 ft; Reach 5 ft.
    Base Atk +1; Grp +2
    Atk Options smite evil 1/day (+2)
    ---
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 3, Wis 11, Cha 4
    SQ magical beast traits
    Feats Endurance
    Skills Listen +3, Spot +2
    Advancement 3-4 HD (Medium); 5-6 HD (Large)
    ---
    Smite Evil (Su) Once per day a celestial caribou can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.
    Carrying Capacity A light load for a celestial caribou is up to 75 pounds; a medium load, 76-150 pounds; and a heavy load 151-225 pounds. A celestial caribou can drag 1,125 pounds.

Utter genius in my opinion.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

So far, so great, Noob. I can tell that it's your passion to stat out crazy magic items. Keep up the weird & wonderful work.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Bravo! I LOVE these.

Debby

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    So far, so great, Noob. I can tell that it's your passion to stat out crazy magic items. Keep up the weird & wonderful work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Bravo! I LOVE these.

Debby
    Chucks, thanks.

And yes, now that you point it out it does seem like this is a passion of mine.

edit:
    More of these on the way. Will sit down for some more later today hopefully.
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-11-18 at 08:22 AM.