New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I ask you, the viewing public - where have I been all this time?

Inquiring Phoes want to know.
    Greatly missed and wondering when you're coming back to grace us with your presence and astounding literary abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    oooohhhhh...interest = piqued...
    Good.
    And it'll be even more piqued when I tell you that I already know what the eventual pairings'll be; that there may be a crossover into at least one other series/drabble series and that you prolly will never guess what the last chapter will be like.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #692

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Good.
    And it'll be even more piqued when I tell you that I already know what the eventual pairings'll be; that there may be a crossover into at least one other series/drabble series and that you prolly will never guess what the last chapter will be like.
    My tail twitches with anticipation.

*twitch*

See?

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

...*pounces*

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Wanted to write a Phoe ship but DD has to go try and get some sleep now.

'night all. And do try to get Rogue here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Greatly missed and wondering when you're coming back to grace us with your presence and astounding literary abilities?
    Oh. Really? Should I be trying to come up with something to make up for my absence, then? I suppose with luck and a little inspiration, I might have something soon...

Also, poking. I need to be poked. Or hit with pillows and twizzlers, I guess. That's what got me writing last time, as I recall. >.>

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Good.
    Oh yeeeeaaah baby!

In other words, looking forward to it.

Also, poking. I need to be poked. Or hit with pillows and twizzlers, I guess. That's what got me writing last time, as I recall. >.>
    *pokes Phoe mommy*

You do great mommy!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #696

Then you shall be poked with twizzlers and have fluffy pillows lobbed at you from afar.
    We got a deal?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

...All right then. We have an accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    *pokes Phoe mommy*

You do great mommy!
    *awws muchly*

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

(a little late)

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Come closer, I'l clean you up.
    Hmm, finally, thought you'd never realize.
    Let's get somewhere more...private
    I was SO not expecting that from you.

9. - Top - End - #699

This is something I wrote essentially at RightHandless' request a good three weeks back and he thinks it's one of the best things I've written yet. He also said I should post it here, so here it is, exactly as I PMd it to him.
    Note: this contains no shipping or any Playgrounders.
    Further note: it was upon him asking for some Cornish stories or folklore and he specifically mentioned this place which is why it focuses on this.
    And so, I present to you, this very strange

Cornish Tale - St. Michaels' Mount

Spoiler
    Show
    "The place is pre-eminently the region of dream and mystery." - Thomas Hardy, 1870 describing his first experience of Cornwall.
    Spoiler
    Show

A Brief History With Which To Read And Familiarise Thyself With
    Spoiler
    Show

St. Michael's Mount is known in Cornish as Carrack Looz en Cooz - the grey rock in the wood.
    Now that's sorted:

Let me tell you a tale, as we sit by the warm fire in the darkness of winter and the coming of the end and rebirth of the year, one of saints, giants, ghosts, monks and wars. One that sings to the very ancient blood of the proud Celtic warriors, bards and heroes tracing back to beyond the time of the invaders.
    Hear me sing of that which goes back the great and ancient city of our fathers. Of our history.
    It is sung by those who favour Lugh Ildanach* above all our Gods of Carack Looz en Cooz - that which is the last remnant of the lost and beautiful Land of Lyonesse, home of Tristan of the Court of Arthur; this now - island was once a part of this fair country. Now, before many of our creatures of myth and legend retreated beyond the veil into the realm of faery there existed many giants which roamed the lands of Cornwall and Lyonesse in their largeness.
    The famed giant Cormoran, cattle stealer and destroyer of homesteads, he who ranged far and wide in his theft was the tyrant of the two lands. Terrible Cormoran became such a fearful creature that a reward was put out by the lords of the two lands if the monster was slain. And to the front came a young farmer's son - Jack, Jack of wild, storm - tossed Land's End. Many noble knights and strong warriors had been viciously and brtually killed by the wide - ranging Cormoran and so Jack of storm - belaboured Lands' End was mocked by many and spoken of as a simpleton going to his death. "Who is this peasant manchild to think he can stop the cattle - stealing giant?" they said in whispers open and mocking. Yet the farmers' son had a cunning natural to him, and perhaps increased by the goodwill of the proud gods. It came to him, after much thought that though the giant was mighty in strength he did lack intelligence. Thus it came to him that a deep pit would sufficiently entrap the great giant and enable him to deal the death blow which would bring him, Jack, glory like that of the ancient heroes of lore.
    Acting upon his plan the young Jack did capture and slay the dreaded Cormoran. And then Jack adopted the legend 'the Giant Killer' and travelled far and wide embroidering his feats of cunning. But these do not involve us at this time; so let us turn our eye of the imagination to another tale of the same Cormoran of which I have just spoken.
    Another tale descended to us from the Bards and Druids of our fair land tells of the Giant Cormoran and his wife. Cormoran, strongest and most famous giant of all of the southern lands of the isle sought a home which would speak of his glory. And he turned to his wife, cowed by his ferocious temper, "You, my wife, I wish for a home to be built for me of purest white granite to show my glory as befits me, best of the giants of the south of the isle. You will seek for me the purest granite of white hue to build for me such a monument or I shall kill you and display your body as proof of my strength and anger just." And his wife, fearing for her life did carry out his task, but on the day when her arms became tired and she could find only great boulders bedecked in fine green moss she thought to herself that perhaps her drunken husband would not mind as these would be the deepest foundations of his castle strong. Yet her wrothful husband in his deep fury tried to end her life; but the wife, name lost to the mists of history, overcame him by some feat owed to their own gods and perhaps, her own tired anger managed to overcome Cormoran and defeat him and rid him of his odious life. And so his home where he thought to reside in his vibrant life became a tomb in which he was buried. It is e'en said that his strong wife said that his tomb would survive until the end of all days and display to all his sin and overriding vanity.
    And indeed, after the land of Lyonesse, birthplace of chivalrous Tristan, was lost to the vengeful sea only the mount was preserved. That and one lone man, lucky Trevilian who, in a dream, was warned of the coming flood and escaped on a white horse, surviving to found the proud lineage of Trevelyne which survives to this day.
    When the bethought tomb of the giant Cormoran was surrounded by the silvered sea did it become known by the ancient and great writers of Rome and Greece speak of it as a trade centre of the north. Ictis was written of with great respect.
    But let us turn the the sixth century after the birth of Christ when the fishermen of Mounts' Bay - for 'twas named after the beautiful island mount that is all that remains of Lyonesse - saw, on the selfsame mount stooped in the lore of the pagans whose blood runs through our veins, the Great Archangel Michael, Warrior of the Hosts on High and most chivalrous. And thus Carrack Looz en Cooz became known to the speakers of English as St. Michaels' Mount.
    The blessed isle was, in the centuries that followed, consecrated by the founding of an abbey and priory, under which the bones of a great giant were discovered in the later centuries. Some do think these bones be the remains of vicious Cormoran.
    And throughout the many centuries spanning the building of the priory, the construction of the mighty castle which has housed the St. Aubyns for a full twelve generations and was the site of the warning beacon which first signalled the attack of the bloodthirsty, heretical Spanish and its full history come the tales of terror.
    Of hauntings persisting to this very day.
    The restless shade of some monk from pasttimes paces the cool walkways of the castle and abbey. As does the pitiful ghost of a servant girl whose story is unknown, but 'tis known she threw herself off the parapets of the castle in her shame. Local talk, carried down throughout the times, tells that the eldest son of the lord impregnated the innocent child and in her anguish caused her own death.
    Yet another ghost who walks this peaceful haunt is unseen and mischievous in his tricks. This unknown haunter plagues all with his penchant for deceiving visitors. Locking doors, destroying trinkets. Not harming, but disruptive in its mischief.
    Oh, my friend, the night grows old and yet we are awake still, my tale must end, for the day is coming swiftly and to speak on would be to begin another tale.
    Come once more to my site of revelations and the weaving of the words of history, magic and old times and, if you do wish, I will unveil yet another shard of our history.

* 'skilled in many arts'

Note: myths are interwoven and, although the main part is true, some is slightly exaggerated as befits an oral tale of 'history'.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

A world without hope, the greatest heroes have fallen or perhaps were never raised at all. Darkness claims the world. This is.....
    Shadowland

Mordoaki/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil
    The red dismal sky looked as if it was crying, blood red tears highlighting the setting sun as Mordokai's army conquered the land. Rabbit clung to his black armour, draping her self over him, covered in tight black leather, showing off her body that had caused more men to fall towards damnation than could be counted.

It was such lustful thoughts in fact that had sealed Mordokai's falling. This joyous occasion for some( but nightmare for others) was met with bloodshed, as Mordokai went to conquer this world for his own. He had impaled that pitiful Dryad on the spot when he was given Rabbit's body to play with.

Master, oh Mordy, I knew you would come to me.
    Master, yes, you are mine. Yes my pet, I shall own this world,with you at my side.

With that, he drew Rabbit in for a kiss, the burning forest behind them, screams turning into a symphony of terror, the air saturated with fear. Yes, this is the real good life.

If this gains popularity, I'll keep shippiing. Next willl be a SurlySeraph/RHL hopefully. So, what do ya'll think?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

11. - Top - End - #701

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    A world without hope, the greatest heroes have fallen or perhaps were never raised at all. Darkness claims the world. This is.....
    Shadowland

Mordoaki/RHL

If this gains popularity, I'll keep shippiing. Next willl be a SurlySeraph/RHL hopefully. So, what do ya'll think?
    That is...evil. Keep it going!

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

@Curly: That was truly a delightful read! It was a very welcome distraction to this sick, sick man.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-01 at 10:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #703

Shadowland

SurlySeraph/RabbitHoleLost
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surly looked at the carnage, the bloddy reckage. He despised it, hated the wildness of these pitiful fools. He would bring order to it all. HIS order. No matter how many people he had to terrorify or kill to achieve that goal. But that was not the only thing Surly wanted to control.

Surly glanced at Mordokai's spiked black armour, his helm's spiral horns pircing the twilight sky. But more importantly his gaze was focused upon the maiden clining to that armour.

What right did he have to keep Rabbit all to himself. To him she was nothing bbut an ornament, a toy to play with. Surly had heard rumors of Mordokai not being the most faithful warrior to Rabbit, but what did you expect of a blackguard?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Rabbit saw the envious glances Surly was tossing her way. She knew that wrathful paladin would learn that his "justice" was no way to achieve his dreams. Order. Control. She knew these to be the reasons he worked with Mordokai to conquer the world. But could there be another more hidden reason? Rabbit smiled as she clung to he wicked champion of darkness. She longed to be with Mordokai, but who knew where she would go when he went on his next trip to the underworld? As she stared at Surly's obsidian armor, polished till it reflected the blood red sun, hidden amoung the blood of his fallen foes, she smiled more.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You will be mine. No mater what I must do.
    Surly's swear was nearly inaudible, but Rabbit could feel the words as if Surly was breathing down her back.
    Surly then ordered his troops to continue the assault.
    This would be the world he had carved out for himself. A lawful world.
    His world.

The next installment, showing another champoin who has fallen to his sins.

So, what does everyone think of Shadowland? To Twobitwirter and DragonPrime, thanks, hopefully I'll be able to put you both in this story sometime. I already know how I'll get Dragonprime. I don't know if you will like it or not.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2008-12-01 at 07:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

To Twobitwirter and DragonPrime, thanks, hopefully I'll be able to put you both in this story sometime. I already know how I'll get Dragonprime. I don't know if you will like it or not.
    I would be very much honored if you could somehow work me into your developing story!

15. - Top - End - #705

GIve me some materil to work with, and you got it.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #706

I'd volunteer, but I'm getting the feeling that Shadowland Mi'ir would actually be good, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that...

17. - Top - End - #707

Oh, don't worry, you wont be good. I have...other..ideas for you.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708

Shadowland

SurlySeraph/RabbitHoleLost

The next installment, showing another champoin who has fallen to his sins.

So, what does everyone think of Shadowland? To Twobitwirter and DragonPrime, thanks, hopefully I'll be able to put you both in this story sometime. I already know how I'll get Dragonprime. I don't know if you will like it or not.
    Ooooh, cool. And I don't care how much I won't like it. It can't be as disturbing as what FF Fanboy does. So put me in!

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

GIve me some materil to work with, and you got it.
    What material do you have in mind?

You can check the Page 1 Archives for some of my shipping material.

20. - Top - End - #710

Oh, don't worry, you wont be good. I have...other..ideas for you.
    ...I just shuddered...

I'm scared...someone hold me!

Bring it...

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Its true Nil. I've mortified DP beyond anything you can ever think up.[/challenge]

22. - Top - End - #712

By material TwoBit, I meant your personality. And Dragonprime, you'll be getting shipped with Fanboy. You'll be shipped soon too Cristo(I might call you Cristo instead of Mi'ir if thats okay).

Back to ship writing!! Next will be FF Fanboy.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    @Saint: I predict the Squee from RHL will be heard for a twenty mile radius. I predict that all will remember exactly what they were doing the day she read your fic. There will the Kennedy Assasination, the Oklahoma City Bombing, September 11th, and RHL's reaction to your fic.
    I always get the feeling after comments like these that it's unfair to the person you're talking about. Like, expectations, even reasonable and/or very silly ones, kind of turn into typecasting and pressure, and that starts to make even natural reactions feel... irritating. In much the same vein that someone might have a catch phrase that they really enjoy saying, but it loses its charm when it gets to be something the people around her expect to be said.

It's not even a matter of saying nobody should have expectations of others. You could certainly look forward to and expect great ships from many of the people in this thread. If someone comes in with an idea, a welcome response would be "I can't wait to see it!"

But when you start trying to predict people, publicly, something feels... off about it. To me, if to no one else. So I felt like this needed to be said.

*gets off soapbox, puts it away so nobody trips on it*

24. - Top - End - #714

By material TwoBit, I meant your personality. And Dragonprime, you'll be getting shipped with Fanboy. You'll be shipped soon too Cristo(I might call you Cristo instead of Mi'ir if thats okay).

Whichever, I'm not picky. They're two very different characters, though.

...usually...

...sometimes...

25. - Top - End - #715

Fanboy, your challenge is accepted. If strange connections is what your talking about, then your going down.
    And thank you Cristo, that makes my job simplier.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716

Errr, I'm confused. Am I being shipped with Fanboy or Cristo? And why oh why must I be shipped with someone of my own gender?

27. - Top - End - #717

Shadowland
    (warning, its a long one)

FF Fanboy/Dragonprime

Spoiler
    Show
    Fanboy relaxed in his velvet chair as he watched through his scrying mirror. As soon as the Paladins fell, the Vampire Lord was happy to add his undead armies to the Warlord's ranks. Individually, Fanboy, Mordokai, and Surly were deadly. Togther, they were undefeatable.

Naturally, everything would go according to plan, those fools would do all the work as he gave them access to his might as the last Vampire Lord, with the other lords.....having dissapered.

His black robes flowed from him freely, as he left his chair and walked across his room, filled with pricess art of kings and queens long gone, his ceiling painted to mirror the night sky he loved so much, he walked to the golden door and desended the tower's stairs, his amulets and rings shining from him as he strolled to the dungeon of the tower. His mind was occupied with thoughts of the warrior he had seen on the front line, a girl named happyturtle.

A shapeshifter, she was beutiful for a mortal, slaying her foes and humilitaing them as she continued the blood bath. What was her name, ah yes, Happyturtle. She was a perfect counterpart to his cold and calcualting self. Perhaps he should bring her to his lair one day. But no matter, what ever he desired, he would recieve. She was no diffrent.

He opened the dungeon door, weighing several tons, a feat only a being as perfect as he could achieve.

Now then, lets pay a visit to our favorite little prisoner.
    At his words, his superior ears heard the scuffling of his "visitors". But most would be spared for now, for he had a special meal planned for today.

He walked slowly through the bone filled dungeon, humans chained to the walls, acting as the rats they were. He finally reached the cell he was looking for.

Hello Dragonprime he said, as he shut the door. The room reaked of urine, but that was expected of rats.

How is my favorite eunch today?

Get away! Get aw he didn't finish the sentance before Fanboy was upon him, his arms around him, squeezing the life from him.

Shushhh. Now then, tell me my little eunch, why are you here? He lightened up some.

Becuase I attacked your g-ack! Fanboy was squeezing again. To anyone looking, it seemed to be like a parent holding a scared child. But Dragonprime felt Fanboy's cold fury.

Wrong. Why are you here?

Because I-ack

It has nothing to do with you.

Because..because...because you want me to be.

Correct, my little eunch. Now, why am I here?

Because..you want to be?

Correct again. Last question, who am I? Dragonprimee could hear Fanboy's anger, and knew he must answer this correctly.

You are....you are..master. He said it with an air of sadness.

Correct. Now here is your reward. Fanboy's ivory fangs plunged into Dragon's virgin neck, and feasted upon enough of Dragon's scarlet lifeblood to make Dragon pass out.

Good pet. Now then, sleep. I comand it.

And with that, Fanboy walked away, leaving Dragon to quiver in fear as he soon drifted away into sleep.

Last edited by Saint Nil; 2008-12-01 at 08:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

*snip*
    So, did you like it/want to appear in it?

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719

Erm, Fanboy is the eunych. I distinctly remember ramming a halberd into his groin once. Now this is just weird.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

So, did you like it/want to appear in it?
    I found it interesting, and would not object to appearing in it.