New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

Probably true...

Maybe we should start one... You and me, Cristo, you and me!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think that's something better left to the fangirls...

Besides, I still haven't been able to write anything. Plenty of progress in Spore though, me and my catmuffin allies...together we shall crush the Landfish Empire! *cue maniacal laughter*

...err, I mean...crap...

*flee*

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Think about it Cristo. One of us is writing, and the other approaches, asks what's wrong... We can't find the inspiration, and are getting incredibly frustrated.

But I understand, Cristo... I start rubbing your shoulders...

Edit: I actually managed to gross myself out with this one.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-24 at 10:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #544

You're not my type.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not for us to decide, now is it?

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I know there is this secret network of Slash PMs... and I do want in!
    You have to know the secret passcode, which I shall spoiler so only you can know it.

Spoiler
    Show

First you have to PM RHL and discreetly use the phrase "the kit barks at noon." ( I triggered this accidentally by an unfortunate misspelling about nephew who likes to pretend he's a dog when he eats lunch.) In any case, in the next few days you'll get a PM from someone called "Brain Acid for Sale, cheap!" That PM will include a personal fic that is designed purely to creep you out. Sometimes its slash; sometimes its something worse. That PM is also sent out to all other members of this secret group. As more people join, you are also sent all of those secret ships and occassionally "Brain Acid" will just randomly send out a disturbing ship.

And that's how I accidentally read Atreyu/DD's soft v**e epic I Wish you were a Cookie. I spent 3 days with poor Smellie Hippie trying to have him therapy my mind back to normal.

So, if you want my spot on the list, let me know. I've been trying to get out of it. Going up a Level with Lord Shojo, Miko, and Helgraf really really pushed me over the edge.
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2008-11-24 at 10:39 AM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Very cute, Atreyu, very cute.

I wonder how many people are actually going to try that...

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

It's not cute, it was very disturbing to read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

I would be honestly surprised if someone could squick me out. I think it'd take more than what could be actually posted.

I somehow doubt that this comes as a surprise to anyone, though.

@V: I remain unconvinced.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-24 at 11:44 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Oh they would if you'd join.....They definetely would.

And I know one case where the (s)he/it wasn't freaked out and disturbed.....

Well...

They went to her/his/its house and did it in RL........ I think (s)he/it 's still in a mental ward....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    You have to know the secret passcode, which I shall spoiler so only you can know it.

Spoiler
    Show

First you have to PM RHL and discreetly use the phrase "the kit barks at noon." ( I triggered this accidentally by an unfortunate misspelling about nephew who likes to pretend he's a dog when he eats lunch.) In any case, in the next few days you'll get a PM from someone called "Brain Acid for Sale, cheap!" That PM will include a personal fic that is designed purely to creep you out. Sometimes its slash; sometimes its something worse. That PM is also sent out to all other members of this secret group. As more people join, you are also sent all of those secret ships and occassionally "Brain Acid" will just randomly send out a disturbing ship.

And that's how I accidentally read Atreyu/DD's soft v**e epic I Wish you were a Cookie. I spent 3 days with poor Smellie Hippie trying to have him therapy my mind back to normal.

So, if you want my spot on the list, let me know. I've been trying to get out of it. Going up a Level with Lord Shojo, Miko, and Helgraf really really pushed me over the edge.
    YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT, ATREYU.
    NEVAH.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    What d'you mean back? I never left.
    Although I did have trouble writing a Queenfic over the weekend. Yep, you heard me right. Curly, Mistress of Queenfics has had trouble writing one. Possibly due to distractions.

Definition drabbles

SurlySeraph/RHL
    Reticent - inclined to be silent or uncommunicative in speech: reserved
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting a glance at him, handsome and softly angelic in the sun's haloing light she was struck by him once more. He was gentle, respected and the polar opposite of her. She chattered incessantly and he was quite, quite quiet in his expressions.
    Struck dumb she glanced at him again; three times now. And he looked at her quizzically. She looked back questioningly but said nothing.
    Concern dawned on his face as he stood and walked to her, sitting down beside her. “Is there something the matter my love?”
    “No.” And she smiled. He’d said what she needed to hear.

A drabble is 100 words, and this is exactly that.
    That's quite a good drabble, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Barbarian in the Playground

List of willing victims: (for Busty B)
    Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta

But for now:
    Whisper, Part 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai gently brushed a loose lock of hair from the sleeping girl's forehead, smiling at her, marveling in her...reality. She had slept through the night, and it was nearing noon the following day. Occasionally she stirred and moaned in her sleep, and when the paladin tried to touch her, she shrieked. But when he spoke, she calmed and settled. As the day grew longer, Mordokai's stomach rumbled. He left her side only long enough to call for the innkeep, ordering enough for two, then returning. He didn't want to miss her if she woke. The food arrived, and he set it on the small night table next to the bed.

The girl's eyelids fluttered. Mordokai wondered briefly if it was time for her to wake or merely the smell of food that revived her. He smiled again, and her gray eyes fluttered open. She sighed deeply and smiled as she saw him, her eyes still bleary with sleep. "Oh, darling, I had the most vivid dream. It frightened me, it was so real." She stretched slowly, lazily as she spoke, her eyes half-closed again. "I dreamed I was in the bar and you came in and you were real. Sure, it would be nice, but I can be content with knowing I have you just the way you are." Smiling happily, her cheeks pink, she leaned up, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed his lips.

Mordokai sat stunned, unable to do anything for a moment. He reached out with one hand and gently touched the back of her head. The girl uttered a surprised cry against his lips and jerked away, pressing her back to the wall, her eyes wide as saucers. "You...you...really are here?" She stammered, her face instantly paling.

The paladin sat back, let her have her space. He stood slowly, keeping his hands where she could see them. "My lady, I am Mordokai, faithful servant and paladin of Sune." He bowed deeply. "What magic did you use to bring me here? How did you get into my dreams?" The girl looked skeptical, then her eyes darted over to the food. Mordokai chuckled. "You have been asleep for nearly a day. I took the liberty of - " He gestured towards the tray, and the girl darted forward, cramming bread and stew and potatoes into her mouth as if she hadn't eaten for a week. The sight was too awful to laugh at, so Mordokai stood silent, waiting.

The girl eventually slowed her frenzied pace, all the while watching the paladin. "How can you be here?"

Mordokai shrugged. "I was hoping you could tell me that. But first things first - what is your name?"

The girl wiped at her mouth with her sleeve and stood, the top of her head only coming to his chin. She tilted her head back proudly. "My name is Brandelle. Most people around here call me Brandi."

Mordokai bowed deeply, then dropped to one knee and took the girl's frail hand in his larger, stronger one. "If it pleases you, I will call you by your given name, Brandelle." He kissed the top of her hand, then her palm, more out of habit than anything. "Now, as I was trying to say before - I dreamed of you. Endlessly, it seemed, every night I dreamt of you, and you begged for help. How did you do that?"

Brandelle blinked a few times and blushed, pulling her hand away and hiding it behind her. "I didn't do anything. In fact, the reason I fainted is because I dreamt of you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Great work, as usual I'm looking forward to next installment.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta

But for now:
    Whisper, Part 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai gently brushed a loose lock of hair from the sleeping girl's forehead, smiling at her, marveling in her...reality. She had slept through the night, and it was nearing noon the following day. Occasionally she stirred and moaned in her sleep, and when the paladin tried to touch her, she shrieked. But when he spoke, she calmed and settled. As the day grew longer, Mordokai's stomach rumbled. He left her side only long enough to call for the innkeep, ordering enough for two, then returning. He didn't want to miss her if she woke. The food arrived, and he set it on the small night table next to the bed.

The girl's eyelids fluttered. Mordokai wondered briefly if it was time for her to wake or merely the smell of food that revived her. He smiled again, and her gray eyes fluttered open. She sighed deeply and smiled as she saw him, her eyes still bleary with sleep. "Oh, darling, I had the most vivid dream. It frightened me, it was so real." She stretched slowly, lazily as she spoke, her eyes half-closed again. "I dreamed I was in the bar and you came in and you were real. Sure, it would be nice, but I can be content with knowing I have you just the way you are." Smiling happily, her cheeks pink, she leaned up, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed his lips.

Mordokai sat stunned, unable to do anything for a moment. He reached out with one hand and gently touched the back of her head. The girl uttered a surprised cry against his lips and jerked away, pressing her back to the wall, her eyes wide as saucers. "You...you...really are here?" She stammered, her face instantly paling.

The paladin sat back, let her have her space. He stood slowly, keeping his hands where she could see them. "My lady, I am Mordokai, faithful servant and paladin of Sune." He bowed deeply. "What magic did you use to bring me here? How did you get into my dreams?" The girl looked skeptical, then her eyes darted over to the food. Mordokai chuckled. "You have been asleep for nearly a day. I took the liberty of - " He gestured towards the tray, and the girl darted forward, cramming bread and stew and potatoes into her mouth as if she hadn't eaten for a week. The sight was too awful to laugh at, so Mordokai stood silent, waiting.

The girl eventually slowed her frenzied pace, all the while watching the paladin. "How can you be here?"

Mordokai shrugged. "I was hoping you could tell me that. But first things first - what is your name?"

The girl wiped at her mouth with her sleeve and stood, the top of her head only coming to his chin. She tilted her head back proudly. "My name is Brandelle. Most people around here call me Brandi."

Mordokai bowed deeply, then dropped to one knee and took the girl's frail hand in his larger, stronger one. "If it pleases you, I will call you by your given name, Brandelle." He kissed the top of her hand, then her palm, more out of habit than anything. "Now, as I was trying to say before - I dreamed of you. Endlessly, it seemed, every night I dreamt of you, and you begged for help. How did you do that?"

Brandelle blinked a few times and blushed, pulling her hand away and hiding it behind her. "I didn't do anything. In fact, the reason I fainted is because I dreamt of you."
    Another great, tender fic, Dirk. It's been (of course) added to the archive.

Oh, and you can sign me up for Busty B's if you like, so long as they serve non-alcoholic drinks.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta
    But for now:
    Thanatos is always a willing victim.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

17. - Top - End - #557

Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta
    GW (we've got anything you want, baby)
    Thanatos
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Sign me up as a willing victim....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Letter

Inspired by This Song

Spoiler
    Show
    Jan lays down and wrestles in her sleep
    Moonlight spills on comic books and superstars in magazines
    An old friend calls and tells us where to meet
    Her plane takes off from Baltimore and touches down on Bourbon Street

I don’t know where to begin. Hell, I never know where to begin. There are always so many thoughts running through my head. And I don’t know exactly where they are all going. I thought I had finally been able to calm these swirling thoughts, emotions, and passions. Unfortunately, that was always my greatest blessing and curse as a writer. I have felt alone ever since I graduated high school. Even through college I have been lost without a community to call my own. I have been lost without having so many people to share myself with.

We sit outside and argue all night long
    About a God we've never seen, but never fails to side with me
    Sunday comes and all the papers say
    Ma Teresa's joined the mob and happy with her full time job

We have held too many discussions to count, have opened too many little windows into each other’s lives. We have never fought, but we have debated. I don’t know if that is what served to grow this feeling of trust, this bond that I had felt I could never forge again with any other person.

Am I alive or thoughts that drift away?
    Does summer come for everyone?
    Can humans do what prophets say?
    And if I die before I learn to speak
    Can money pay for all the days I lived awake but half asleep?

I try to feel alive. I try to live my life with all the passion that I feel boiling within myself. I always write from my heart, but I feel that it is never as good as I picture it. Does that mean my heart is flawed somehow? I make up for these feelings of doubt by putting on an eternally happy face… and I think for a while I honestly was happy. But now I’m not so sure…

A life is time, they teach you growing up
    The seconds ticking killed us all
    A million years before the fall
    You ride the waves and don't ask where they go
    You swim like lions through the crest
    And bathe yourself in zebra flesh

I am adrift now. I have been cast to the winds for so long that I don’t even know if I’m feeling the right things. I don’t know if I am giving my friendship and love to the right people. I don’t know if I am going to regret my choices in life and live in the misery of knowing that I can never go back. I don’t know if I’m making the decisions that I should be making. Even though it is likely not your fault, all I know is that I love and care for you very much, but…

I've been downhearted, baby
    Ever since the day we met

I...I want this to be goobye...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-24 at 04:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560

I love that song!

...wait.

Was that letter to me?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I wrote this and then put names in afterwards. For my sis and her fox...

Castaras/Exachix
    B Was Wrong

Spoiler
    Show
    “Uh…run that by me again.”

“The whole thing?”

“OK, fair point. It would take a while.” Exachix leaned forward.

Castaras closed her eyes and groaned. “I know. It sounds like a desperate RW&A post…the kind with initials.”

Exachix chuckled. “ ‘I love A, but B told me he doesn’t love me, he loves C, but C has a crush on D, and D told me that A likes me, which can’t be right because I trust B. But to make matters worse, B loves A too. What am I supposed to do?’ ”

“That about covers it,” Cassie agreed.

“Glad I got it straight.”

“Yeah…great,” she said. “So what am I going to do?”

Exachix tipped his chair back, putting his feet up on the table. “Well…if it were anyone else—anyone but you, I mean—I would tell you to go for it, because what’s the worst that could happen.”

“That’s the kind of advice everyone gives,” Cassie said. “But would they do it themselves?”

“That’s why I’m not advising it,” he answered.

“Then what do you suggest?”

He leaned forward again, letting the front legs of his chair bang down on the floor. “Let is go,” he said softly. “Impossible love is…what’s the word? Appealing. But it doesn’t work—or so rarely that it’s not worth giving up your life in hope that it might. You just have to let him—whoever he is—go.” He touched her hand. “It’s okay to have regrets, but maybe you should try looking a little closer to you.”

Tears glittered in Cassie’s eyes. “He’s very close to me,” she said. “And I had hoped….”

“What?” He was suddenly angry. “What, Castaras? That I wouldn’t care that you came to me for advice when you knew how I felt?”

Castaras stared at him. “I….”

“I don’t want to hear it, Cassie.” Exachix violently shoved his chair back from the table and got up. Castaras caught his sleeve.

“Exachix,” she whispered. “It was you.”

He looked down at her, anger draining away.

“…What?”

“I was asking about you,” said Castaras, biting her lip. “I know it’s stupid…but I had to be sure you…you wanted…” she shook her head, words failing her. “Look. I’m sorry. I won’t….”

“No.” Exachix took her hands. “Are you saying…you love me?”

Slowly, Cassie nodded. “Yeah. I guess I am.”

“Oh,” said Exachix. “Then…” he pulled her into a tight embrace. “You were silly ever to think I didn’t love you back,” he whispered.
    *is now very happy* *is like ^.^! irl*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

22. - Top - End - #562
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    'Tis obviously our skill at manipulating words and our shameless fangirlism/fangirlism - inducing fics that have caused this to happen.
    Oh obviously. It must be that. :smiles: Yes .. yes ... that.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Oh obviously. It must be that. :smiles: Yes .. yes ... that.
    *happily naive*

Definition drabbles

Mi'ir (Cristo)/Mordokai:
    Outraged - To offend grossly against (standards of decency or morality); commit an outrage on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mi’ir peered round the tree trunk gazing ferociously at the distant figure of the paladin. The paladin who was swiftly divesting himself of his armour and heavy woollen padding. Then Mi’ir looked around, making sure there was noone sinister lurking around nearby to ruin his fun.
    Seeing noone, he took his chance and began to sneak up on strait – laced Mordokai. As he heard the footsteps of his bardic companion he turned around to receive a bucketful of water to the face.
    “MI’IR!” His face showed his anger as he chased squishily after the giggling bard who’d viciously attacked him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #564

And the ideas keep coming:

Shipping Inc: The Captive - Part 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Hello again Thufir.”
    “My excellent good friends! How do you both?”
    “Er… I’m fine, but-”
    “What news?”
    “Flora said-”
    “That I had gone mad? Perhaps you expected to find me with my underpants on my head and two pencils up my nose, composing a letter to my dear mother back in London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city Wibble?”
    “I-”
    “Do you see yonder cloud that’s almost in the shape of a camel? Think you it is backed like a weasel? Or a whale?”
    “I wasn’t sure whether to believe her or not, so I came to see for myself.”
    “Indeed? You came, perhaps, to glean what afflicts me?”
    “Something like that.”
    “You would seek through careful questioning to understand my present state of mind?”
    “Yes?”
    “Will you play upon this pipe?”
    “What? I- you’re not holding anything… and I can’t play one, I don’t have the skill, I don’t know the stops.”
    “Why, look you now, how unworthy a thing you would make of me. You would play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass; and there is much music, excellent voice, in this little organ, yet you cannot make it speak. ’Sblood, do you think I am easier to be played upon than a pipe? Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, you cannot play upon me.”
    “This isn’t really helping. I don’t know what to think. You seem to be mildly delusional, but you speak remarkably coherently for a madman. I don’t know what to think.”
    “And it easily is so. For when my outward action doth demonstrate the native act and figure of my heart in compliment extern, ’tis not long after but I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at: I am not what I am.”
    “You’re loving this, aren’t you.”
    “I must find amusement where I can. I already memorised the layout of the cell, including the hidden security camera over there.”
    (“Ahah! He’s a bit off, he’s pointing about 5 feet to the left. Not as smart as he thinks he is.”)
    “So, you saw the Scourge Inc lot today, how long until I get rescued?”
    “What makes you so sure you will? What makes you think I’ve seen them?”
    “One must always consider the psychology of the individual. This is why you’d make a terrible madman. No pencils left. As for your seeing them, why, my friend Sherlock Holmes told me, of course.”
    “If we’re being watched, do you really expect me to tell you something like that? I suppose I could invent a code and force you to figure out what it is…”
    “Good, because I’m incredibly crafty. Hey, what’s that on the ceiling? HAHA! Now I’m over here!”
    “You haven’t moved.”
    “Well, forgive me for being malnourished.”
    “Actually, you don’t look that bad any more.”
    “What do you know, you can’t even spot a hidden security camera. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to be getting on with. If you have any more questions, take it up with my secretary in hell once ABR convert you to their side. And don’t call me snarky.”
    “OK, I’m gonna… go…”
    “So tell all your friends, your neighbours too, CNN, BBC World News, tell all your friends…
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

This is some kind of ship, so I thought I'd bring it here. Just because I liked it after rereading what I'd wrote in a chat.

Spoiler
    Show
    What if Captain Ahab...

"And Ahab continued to travel the seas, looking for another hunt that helped him ease the frustration, after all he had lost against The Whale. However, Destiny, as if it were a cruel joke, made his path and The Whale's path the same several times. Every time, Ahab would take out his harpoon and grasp it firmly, wishing with all of his strength to hunt it, but also feeling scared of losing more than just a leg this time. Meanwhile, on the other side of the ship, the most splendid and delicious fishes escaped his sight..."

That's it. Terribly metaphoric, and terribly depressing. Probably, terribly written, too. But, I felt like writing it, so there.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

When I saw "Shipping" and "Captain Ahab," I expected something much worse.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-24 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    When I saw "Shipping" and "Captain Ahab," I expected something much worse.
    You dirty-minded you... I could never do that. I agree, obsessions can turn really nasty sometimes, but... just not. I went for the metaphorical ship, and not this...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Felixaar's Long Awaited First Contribution To Shipping...
    Well, after DR beat me at Nano I can't stop thinking about her being my nemesis, and so it developed into an idea where in she was, in a series of awful spy-movie spoofs. Apologies to everyone I misrepresented and what not. A heads up, the story weighs in at a little over six thousand words so you should take account of that before reading it...

Codename: Dragonsbane
    starring...
    Felixaar as Felix/Agent FJ
    Dragonrider as The Dragonrider
    Dallas-Dakota as Double-D/Agent DD
    Alarra as President Alarra
    Collin_152 as The Wizard/Collin
    Randman22 as Randy
    and Frigs as Man in the Black Suit

Acronyms...

Agents
    International
    League

also,

Hatred
    Evil
    Angst
    and
    Demolition

and...

Nerd
    Dork
    Geek
    Alliance
    Party

Spoiler
    Show

CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE

By Felixaar

Penn. Station, New York, NY
    0537, 07/11/2013

The man in the black suit stalked through the station. It was early in the morning still, and few – if any – other patrons were around. The stores were still all closed, and the ticket counters left unmanned. Aside from a few cleaning boys and a random spattering of layabout travellers, no one was around.
    The man in the black suit took a seat at one of the hard, uncomfortable, light blue plastic chairs. He stared down at the floor. Freshly cleaned. Good. It would be a long time before anyone came past here, since the cleaning boys were done with it.
    He lowered his briefcase and gently placed it on the floor, hearing a slight click as it came to rest on the linoleum floor. With gentle hands like that of a surgeons, he slowly pushed it under the seat, careful not to lift it from the ground.
    He waited at the seat some time, waiting until all who had been there when he arrived were gone, and then he calmly, quietly got up from his seat and walked a few paces away.
    Turning back around quickly, he noted that the briefcase was all but invisible before turning and calmly walking out of the station.

The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    1425, 07/11/2013

“Madame President!” he shouted as he ran down the door.
    President Alarra swept around suddenly on her chair. She had been rushed into office only a year ago, elected in a landslide as unprecedented numbers turned out to vote for the newly formed NDGAP (Nerd-Dork-Geek Alliance Party).
    “What is it?” she asked.
    “A message from a noted evil genius!” her assistant replied.
    This caught Alarra’s attention. “Which one?” she asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” he answered. He rushed over to her desk and pulled a remote, clicking it at the screen mounted over the doorway.
    “Madame President,” a hollow voice sounded from the screen. It was an almost... metallic voice, Alarra thought, and she instantly recognised it as a false voice, most likely filtered through a machine.
    “Dragonrider,” Alarra glared upwards at the screen. The small webcam beneath it blinked, allowing transmission to and from the source.
    A face appeared on the screen, sheathed in darkness. All Alarra could see was the silhouette, she could hardly tell what the Dragonrider looked like. “We should track through this fast,” that metallic voice came through again. “You don’t, after all, have much time.”
    “I have placed explosives at locations across the entire country. Locations of public transportations – train stations, bus stations, airports, you know the like – places far too busy for such small devices to be noticed.
    “At exactly eleven fifty nine PM tomorrow, they will explode – effectively halting all transportation systems in the United States of America. You can imagine the results,” the metallic voice took a quick pause.
    “Mass destruction, and, perhaps more importantly, a halt in… everything. Trade, supplies, food – all of it gone. For you see, these bombs have also been placed in every major cargo transport office – not even the trucks and highways are safe. In effect, it will be a total shut down of America.
    “You have only one option,” that metallic voice rang out. “Me. The Dragonrider. From now on you incite a ten percent tax on anything and everything that can be sold – from household groceries to huge international imports, everything. And this money goes to once place and one place only. Me.”
    Alarra gaped. “You can’t do this! We’ll stop you!”
    Alarra thought that if she could’ve seen the face, it would’ve been smirking. “You have no hope – you may, indeed, find a few of my bombs, but even if you do… the moment they are found, they will self destruct on their own. All they need is my activation codes, which will be immediately radioed to them upon disturbance – or, tomorrow night, whichever comes first. And don’t bother using any high tech hardware to search for them – without the codes; they are nothing but useless plastic and metal.”
    “We’ll stop you,” Alarra repeated, silently wondering who she was trying to convince.
    The smirk Alarra imagined on the Dragonrider’s face grew wider. “Offshore account details follow,” the hollow metallic voice rang out.
    “Ta.”

TAIL Headquarters, Location Classified
    1023, 07/12/2013

“Aargh, damn it!” Felix cursed as he landed in a roll, a smoking handgun falling to the ground from his slackened grip.
    “Missed it by a mile,” replied Double-D.
    Felix, or Agent FJ as he was known in TAIL, glared at this friend. He had just finished one of TAIL’s more advanced training exercises, and failed to hit the last target.
    “Well it’s ridiculous,” Felix said in spite. “When the hell am I ever going to have to hit a target that small? Never.”
    Double-D looked up at the target and drew a handgun, firing it in the same movement – the bullet left a smoking hole through the bullseye, which was only half an inch diameter. “You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you.”
    “Show off,” Felix told him.
    Double-D smirked, offering Felix a hand up which Felix reluctantly took.
    Double-D – or, Agent DD – was the victim of an unfortunate name that had made his identity similar to that of a bra-size. Despite Felix’s urge to giggle every time he thought about it, the two of them had worked together successfully on many missions. Double-D was quite the fellow – an expert marksman. But every agent has his quirks, and Double-D’s was an insatiable appetite for cookies.
    After only a few years serving his homeland of Australia, Felix had been approached by TAIL – the Top Agent International League. Felix still had no precise idea who was in charge of TAIL, but it was secret organisation which employed only the best of the best to keep order in the world.
    A loud beeping sound. Felix looked at the computerised bracelet around his wrist. ‘NEW MISSION. CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE. REPORT IMMEDIATELY,’ It read.
    Double-D had the same message on his wrist band.
    “Well,” Double-D said. “Time for some fun.” He holstered his hand gun.
    Felix just grinned.

“Gentlemen,” he welcomed them. Who ‘he’ was, they didn’t really know – it was always someone different, a mere representative of whoever ran TAIL. Felix and Double-D sat down in the office.
    “There is a threat to the stability of the United States of America. In approximately twenty hours, strategically based bombs are going to detonate all over the country, shutting down all methods of cargo movement and transportation.”
    “Who’s the perp?” Double-D asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” the representative said. “We’ve got no… visual idea of who he is, yet… or… well, any idea. His voice is always masked.”
    “So what’s the mission?” Felix asked.
    “You’ve got to stop this Dragonrider. The full details of his fiendish plot – or at least, those we know – are in these mission briefings,” the representative said, sliding two folders over the desk.
    “Do you know his location?” Double-D asked.
    “Yes,” the representative replied. “The signal of the message to President Alarra came from a location in coastal Oregon. It was difficult to uncover, but I think our enemy has underestimated an NDGAP president.”
    Double-D and Felix both nodded. “Anything else?”
    “Report to The Wizard on your way out,” the representative answered. “Your flight leaves in half an hour.”

“The Wizard? Honestly, do they still call me that?” Collin asked.
    Double-D grinned. “Yeah, I’m afraid so.”
    Collin shook his head. “Imbeciles,” he said. “Someday they’ll learn… if I don’t mindrape them all first.”
    Felix just shook his head. Collin was always talking about mindrape, but he had never actually seen it done.
    “So, what have you got for us?” Double-D asked.
    “First, we have, a Pen,” Collin told them, offering both Felix and Double-D a ballpoint pen.
    “Whoa,” Felix said. “High tech – you better explain to us simple cave men how it works, oh wonderful man from the future.”
    Collin just glared at him. “This is no ordinary pen, FJ. It’s filled with a rather potent flammable liquid, and the tip itself is rather, a spray nozzle. All you need to do is twist the tip all the way out…” Collin demonstrated with his own pen, “and then press this little button at the top.”
    A gout of flame shot from the pen, narrowly missing Felix (though singing a few of his long brown hairs). Collin seemed not to notice. The flame shot a good ten metres forward, however, and both Felix and Double-D were impressed.
    “Doesn’t go for too long, but it’s good for a one use,” Collin said, arbitrarily returning the pen to a long metal table. “We also have these,” Collin continued, pulling a pair of iPod’s from the table.
    “Oh good, these mission flights are always so boring,” Felix said.
    “Once again you misunderstand,” Collin shook his head. “These are complex devices, but when activated, they take out all electronic systems within a ten meter radius,” he paused. “It’s how they intend for you to stop this ‘Dragonrider’, I think, by getting close enough to destroy the machine holding her activation codes for the bombs around the country, and thus render them useless. Oh, and they have a lot of Queen music on them too,” Collin finished, handing the iPod’s over.
    Felix and Double-D took them, stashing them in their pockets and nodding solemnly.
    “And finally,” Collin continued, “a pack of Gum. I’d suggest you save them, though, as they are infact a high potency plastic explosive. The little red strip that’s always a pain in the ass to tear off is the fuse, and you will as normal be equipped with matches and lighters, and you could always light it with those pens in a pinch,” he explained. “Oh, and it’s… extra mint.”
    Double-D and Felix grinned at him, stowing the ‘gum’. Collin offered them a little wink before the two of them exited the room.

Somewhere Over the Ocean,
    1623, 07/12/2013

“Is this cliché or what?” Double-D answered, leafing through the mission briefing.
    Felix and Double-D had left the charter flight from the TAIL headquarters a while ago, and boarded an international flight flying from Tokyo to New York – the plan was to ditch the plane when the flight went over the Oregon coast.
    “I mean, this ‘Dragonrider’. No one’s ever seen his face, or heard his voice,” he sighed. “Honestly, some of these evil geniuses these days… they’re just too much into theatrics.”
    “I dunno,” Felix said. “I kind of like theatrics.”
    Double-D just shook his head, until a beep came from his bracelet.
    “Time to go,” Double-D said, standing up and marching for the planes bathroom.
    Felix sat in his seat and waited, until his wrist signalled that Double-D had successfully left the plane. He grasped the ‘lifejacket’ from under his seat, and marched purposefully into the bathroom.
    Felix quickly attached the parachute that had been disguised as a life jacket. He pressed the double-flush button the toilet, and the floor dropped out from under him, and he flew downwards, spotting a black speck that was Double-D not far below.

In the back of the flight, a broad shouldered man watched as the two agents up front both entered the toilet and never came back. He leant over and looked out the window – sure enough, two black specks far below.
    He grinned and got up, pushing his way past the other people in his row with little regard.

“This is the best part of the whole mission!” Felix shouted as he dropped down to Double-D’s level before spreading his body to slow down. “FANTASTIC!”
    Double-D just grinned at his friend, and then looked up. “Oh, hell,” he said.
    “What?” Felix turned his face up – another speck, just above them, had dropped from the plane. “Oh, boy!” Felix shouted. “What do you think buddy, sword or handgun?”
    Double-D grinned once again – Felix’s enthusiasm was indeed a sight to behold. “Listen to your heart,” he answered.
    Felix drew his shortsword with a ring and then pulled the cord on his parachute, slowing down drastically while the speck above them continued to plummet.
    With a sudden rush they crossed paths and Felix struck with his blade, but the enemy struck back, knocking Felix’s blade off course. Felix grabbed onto the enemy, who with a sudden swing severed one of his parachute ropes, and it began flapping wildly, both of them falling faster now.
    “Bastard!” Felix cried, slogging the enemy in the face. His head snapped back and he looked dazed for a moment before a sudden knee caught Felix in a place no man should be hit.
    They brawled as the plummeted to earth – the enemy pulled his parachute open and Felix latched onto him, biting his arm hard, and as they fought they quickly descended to the ground.
    “Watch out!” Double-D yelled, looking up at them from the ground. “Train!”
    But, whether they were oblivious to his warning or simply took it in their stride, Felix and the broad-shouldered enemy landed on the train.
    It rocketed along the tracks, both men cutting of their parachutes and throwing them to the side as they drew blades. Felix made the first move, thrusting at his enemies chest. The enemy stepped back, swinging his blade in a circle a knocking Felix’s aside before diving to one side and attempting a cut into Felix’s midriff. Felix narrowly dodged the attack, but then bought the flat of his blade down on his enemy’s head.
    His enemy stumbled back, now heading towards the rear of the train – Felix could see that, after the carriage they were on top of, another three carriages remained.
    With a flurry of fast attacks, Felix began to push his enemy back to the end of the train. The broad-shouldered enemy had no choice but to move back or taste Felix’s blade, and thus slowly stepped back, jumping across carriages where need be.
    But Felix’s plan backfired at the last moment – the broad-shouldered enemy ducked a high strike, and then came up again with sudden speed, knocking Felix’s blade from his hand – it flew into the fields below.
    “You will die now,” the enemy told him. As threats go, it’s not very original, Felix thought.
    Suddenly, his enemy stiffened up… and fell off the train roof.
    “My goodness that was long and pointless,” Double-D said, walking up to Felix, the barrel of his handgun smoking.
    “I had it under control!” Felix insisted.
    “Yeah, sure,” Double-D shook his head. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Look, sister! A sword!” a young boy road on a horse, his sister trailing not far behind him, also mounted. In the distance, a blade was half buried in the fields.
    The young boy leapt from his mount, and began to pull the blade from the ground. It came out with a tug, the bottom half still dirty. “Woah…” he said, as his sister pulled up behind him.
    “I’ll take that, kiddo,” said a tall stranger with curly ringlets of brown hair. “The name is Felix. I dropped that.”
    “Where from?” the kid asked defensively.
    “A train,” Felix replied.
    “Cool!” the boy said, and handed the train back to Felix.
    A tall stranger next to Felix just shook his head.
    “…I don’t suppose we could buy those horses from you, m’boy?” Felix asked, showing the young boy a sheaf of bills.
    The young boys eyes widened, and he took the money with a rather uncoordinated bow. “Come on, sissy!” he said. “We’re walking!”
    Felix just grinned. The young boy watched them as he walked away – both of the tall men mounted their horses and rode off over the hill.

HEAD Headquarters, ???, OR
    1655, 07/12/2013

“Number Three hundred and twelve failed, boss,” said number twelve.
    “Hmm. Then these fools are more than just the average agents. Tighten security,” ordered that cold metallic voice.
    “Yes, boss,” number twelve answered, bowing.
    The Dragonrider was sheathed in darkness, sitting at a large chair in a room where his features were all but invisible.
    “And while you’re at it…” the cold metallic voice trailed off. “Run down to the store. Fetch more chocolate. We’re running low, by which I mean I’m running low.”
    “Yes, boss.”

Pacific City, OR
    1704 07/12/2013

“We’re not getting that one,” Double-D said.
    “Yeah, ofcourse we are! It’s perfect!” Felix said.
    Double-D and Felix stood in a Car yard in Pacific City, Oregon. They could hear the passing of cars and the soft rumble of the wind and the waves in the background as people thumped over the bridge.
    “What is it with you and Toyota Landcruisers?” Double-D asked him, shaking his head.
    “They remind me of those tanks in Warhammer 40K. Land Raiders!” Felix shouted. “They’re good cars, too.”
    Double-D just shook his head. He would’ve argued the point, but they were running low on spare time – the Dragonrider was scheduled to release the activation codes to her bombs in just under seven hours, and Felix and he hadn’t even found her lair yet. His bracelet was tracking it, but the distant was too far to reach on foot, or the horses.
    “Okay, fine, but I’m navigating,” Double-D told him. “Last time you took charge of the navigating we wound up in the Middle East.”
    “I thought that’s where the Panama Canal was!” Felix said defensively.
    Double-D just shook his head.

HEAD Headquarters, ???, OR
    1847 07/12/2013

“So, how do you think we should get in?” Double-D asked.
    Felix and Double-D had arrived at the Dragonrider’s headquarters. It seemed to be made entirely of glass, a dome hidden in a valley many miles from the road.
    Felix just turned to Double-D and grinned.

“Keep an eye out, men,” Randy said, calling the henchmen to order. “Those agents are apparently coming to try and take us out. Keep security tight, and don’t let anyone in or near the place.”
    “…Sir…” one of the henchmen whimpered.
    “What is it?” Randy asked gruffly.
    The henchman raised an arm, pointing out the window.
    Randy turned around just in time to dive out of the way as the Landcruiser burst through the plate glass window/wall, sending debris everywhere as it slammed onto the floor.
    Randy hid behind a potted plant as two men jumped out of car – one with long brown ringlets, the other with short brown hair. Handguns blazed and were reloaded as they systematically took down all the henchmen in the room.
    “Whew. They weren’t so tough,” the one with the ringlets claimed.
    Randy pulled a fallen shotgun from the ground and checked the ammo clip for before jumping up from the ground, pointing the gun directly at the ringletted-man’s head.
    “I think you missed one,” Randy said.
    The ringlet-man raised his hands, and dropped his handgun. The gun bounced on the floor, suddenly firing, and shooting Randy in the leg.
    “Gah!” shouted Randy, falling back and dropping the shot gun. The other one, with short brown hair, took a quick shot that landed in Randy’s right chest.
    The two agents seemed pleased with themselves, Randy thought, slowly losing consciousness, until a team of henchmen walked up behind them placing guns to the back of their heads.

HEAD Headquarters, Prison Wing
    1932 12/07/2013

“Great Décor,” Felix said as he was roughly shoved into the cell. The henchman spat on him as he slammed the door closed on the two of them and strode off.
    “Now what?” Felix asked, roughly plonking down on the wet, cement floor.
    Double-D looked around – escape appeared almost impossible from the large, windowless room. The bars on their cell were thick and the lock was well made, but their handguns and swords were only just across from them, barely out of their reach. It suddenly clicked in his mind, though – they had the plastic explosives!
    “We have to escape,” Double-D. “We’re not dead, so that means the Dragonrider must want us for something. But I’m not sure what and I don’t think I want to find out. We need to use the gum that Collin gave us… but we need to do it without being detected,” he said. “And get these shackles off,” he added, wincing as the metal cut into his hands.
    Felix thought for a moment. “Can you reach my pen?” he asked.
    “We’re not burning the shackles off! They’re metal!” Double-D replied.
    Felix shook his head. “My regular pen. If I can take it apart I can try and use it to pick our locks.”
    Double-D shifted around to reach into Felix’s pockets and managed to retrieve a pen. He dropped it to the ground. Felix bent over and disassembled the pen before leaning down and picking up the ink-tube and pen point in his teeth.
    “Hhhkay,” he mumbled. “Hhld Sthll…”
    After a few agonizing minutes, Double-D heard a click as his shackles unlocked and dropped from his hands.
    “Sweet!” Double-D said, grabbing the ink tube from Felix and returning the favour. With both of their arms free, Felix and Double-D debated what to do next.
    “We set plastic explosives around the door,” Double-D said. “It’ll take both packets. Then I’ll use my pen to set it alight. When the door blows off we’ll have to run over and grab our weapons before any of the guards get here, then we fight out way out, find the codes, destroy them with the iPod’s, capture the Dragonrider and bust out of here.”
    Felix nodded. It wasn’t long before they had spread out the plastic explosives running both ways up along the door. Both men stepped back as Double-D pulled out his flamethrower-pen and let fly.
    The explosives let off with a massive bang and smoke was thrown into the air as they heard a sudden ‘clank’, announcing that the cell door had fallen to the ground.
    “NOW!” Double-D shouted, and he and Felix both ran through the door, grabbing their weapons from the table opposite their cell.
    The used the smoke as cover for a few moments – henchman ran from both sides, and the agents, shielded by the smoke, fired rounds in both directions, quickly taking down all charging henchman.
    Both men ran down the corridor, picking up fallen weapons on their way.

The Dragonrider’s Inner Office, HEAD Headquarters
    2012 12/07/2013

“They’ve escaped the cells, Dragonrider,” one of the henchmen said.
    He spoke only to the back of the Dragonrider’s chair. “Then catch them. And this time, don’t let them escape.”
    “I think you should learn not to delegate, Dragonrider,” said a voice from behind the chair.
    Felix and Double-D had entered the room.
    The chair span around, and both Felix and Double-D recoiled in shock as the Dragonrider’s face was thrown into light.
    “You’re… a girl…” Felix said. And quite a girl, his mind thought – he couldn’t help but noticing that she was rather beautiful, long brown curls framing a mischievous face.
    “Don’t act so surprised,” the Dragonrider said, gently stroking a cat on her lap.
    “It’s not acting,” Felix answered, and Double-D elbowed him.
    “Give it up, Dragonrider,” Double-D said, reaffirming his handgun’s position – both men pointing theres squarely at the Dragonrider. “Come peacefully now and you might get let off easily.”
    “I wish I could make you the same offer,” said a sudden voice behind them, and Felix suddenly felt the cold metal of a gun barrel against his chin and an arm grab him around the waist.
    Felix turned ever so slightly, grabbing a view of his captor – it was the man they had shot as they ‘entered’ the Dragonrider’s headquarters. He seemed to be doing fairly well, albeit a little pale.
    “I see you’ve already met Randy,” the Dragonrider said, gently placing her cat down on her chair as she got up. She drew a handgun and pointed it at Double-D before either agent could react.
    “Well, we did this one well,” Felix whimpered, almost too afraid to talk.
    “You said it,” Double-D agreed. He looked around for a moment, His gun still raised, trying to find a way out. Dejected, both men dropped their weapons.
    The Dragonrider grinned. “Now theres a pair of good boys.”

HEAD Headquarters,
    2029 12/07/2013

“Well, this is getting awfully repetitive,” Felix grumbled as he and Double-D were roughly shoved through a doorway. Quick as a match, a thick metal door closed behind them.
    Double-D looked at the door, forlorn. Even if they’d had plastic explosives left over, there was no chance they’d make it through – the door was just too thick, too strong.
    But that was not their only problem – rather, it was coming in at number two on a rather exclusive list, since the room they were in – quite small, really, was slowly filling with rising water. Double-D’s eyes shot up – the roof was of mesh, and just above it a huge rotor blade turned at speeds the human eye could not track.
    “What’re we going to do?” Felix asked, looking up at the mesh ceiling.
    Double-D shook his head. “I don’t know...” he said, taking a step forward. Suddenly, ropes shot out from the wall and wrapped around his wrists, pulling him to the wall. The same happened to Felix.
    “Gah! Hell!” Felix swore, looking around, his arms tied up.
    Double-D looked around helplessly, unable to make up his mind.
    “Alright... alright...” Double-D muttered. “Felix! Can you reach your flamethrower pen with you mouth?”
    Felix thrusted his head down, grasping at then pen clipped to his lapel. He managed to catch it in his teeth. “Mmhhm!” he grunted affirmatively as he felt the water seep up to his waist.
    “Great! Burn through your ropes!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix closed his eyes and clicked the pen button with his teeth. A gout of flame burnt through the ropes binding his wrists to the wall, and he felt a burst of red hot pain as it burnt up his arm.
    “Sorry, man, but it had to...” Double-D said as Felix fell into the water. Felix nodded, shoving his arm deep under. A red mist spread into the water from the burn.
    “Now, grab my iPod and see if you can use it to short curcuit the program keeping the door locked down!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix ran over to Double-D and grabbed the iPod from his shirt pocket. With a few quick clicks of its buttons, a radio wave emitted from the little device, and there was a click at the door.
    “Can you lift it?” Double-D asked – the water was now rising to his chest. Felix dived deep into the water and swam for the bottom of the door, biting back the pain of the burn, his eyes wide and his vision blurred under the water.
    He pushed his fingers under the door edge, barely managing to wedge them in. He heaved with all his strength, barely managing to lift it more than a foot. Water rushed out the door, but it was still coming into fast, and them room continued to fill, albeit slowly.
    Felix managed to prop the door open with a shoe, and swam to the top. The water was up to their shoulders now. “I can get it high enough to get out,” Felix said.
    Double-D nodded. “I dont suppose they left a knife on you?”
    Felix felt at his pockets. “No...”
    Double-D looked away briefly, then turned back to Felix’s face, his eyes as hard as steel. “Go. Get out while you can. Whatever you propped that up wont last for long.”
    “But... but how do you get out?” Felix asked.
    “I don’t, Felix. I think this is the end of the ride for me,” Double-D said.
    “No! No way! I’ll... I’ll chew through the ropes!” Felix shouted, and began to wade towards his friend.
    “By the time you do that, we’ll both have drowned. Get. Out. Now,” Double-D gritted his teeth, glaring at Felix.
    “The hell I will,” Felix said and continued wading through the water towards Double-D.
    “Then you leave me no choice,” Double-D said. He raised his leg above the water, now at neck height, and slammed Felix a sudden kick into the head.
    With the amazing strength in Double-D’s leg, Felix was suddenly shot back through the water. He rolled to the floor, and span out under the small gap he had raised in the door. His foot caught on the shoe and it came free, and both Felix and his detatched shoe fell out of the room, and the door slammed closed.
    “NO!” Felix shouted, hammering on the door, but he knew it was too late. “Dallas...” he groaned, falling limp against the door.
    It was only a gun shot whizzing past his head that pulled Felix from his grief. Felix ducked and grabbed a pistol from a table across the hall, and with a quick shot, dispatched the one inept guard who had been assinged to watch his death cell.
    Purposefully, and with the memory of his murdered comrade in his mind, Felix purpousely marched down the hallway, grabbing the fallen man’s shot gun as he went.

HEAD Headquarters,
    2202 12/07/2013

“President Alarra is sending a message, Madame,” Randy said, bowing deeply as he reached the Dragonrider. His blonde hair swished as he bowed.
    “Excellent. Put it on the screen, and dim the lights,” the Dragonrider ordered, crossing her fingers, an impish grin on her face.
    Randy nodded as he raised to his feet. Despite the shot wounds in his leg and chest, he seemed to be doing pretty well, the Dragonrider noted as Randy clicked at a few controls. The lights in the room went almost completely off, and a visage of President Alarra appeared on the giant flat screen above her.
    “So nice of you to call back, Madame President,” the Dragonrider said, her voice once again translated into that hollow metallic ring.
    “I made your order, but it wasn’t easy,” Alarra grumped, glaring at what the Dragonrider knew was just a shillouette to her.
    “I’m not interested in the red tape and bueracracy of your government, Madame President. I’m just glad it’s done. Now...” she paused. “You have until midnight to deliver it to the world. Ciao.”
    “What?” the President asked.
    “Oh, I think you heard me perfectly well,” the Dragonrider said, and the screen went blank again, the lights turning up.
    “You should really lose the theatrics, Dragonrider,” Felix said, marching in, a shotgun held high.

“Maybe if you didn’t insist on turning those lights off, you would have seen my approach.”
    With a sudden shot, Randy’s head exploded into a red mist, and Felix pulled back the catch on the shotgun, and this time aimed it at the Dragonrider herself.
    She just grinned at him. “You think your so clever, dont you, little agent? That you’ve got it all figured out, that you’re safe...” she shook her head. “Your wrong. You can’t stop this. Whether Madame President obeys my orders or not, those bombs are still going to go off at midnight. Those activation codes are all ready to go...”
    The Dragonrider squeezed a button on the remote she held.
    “And now they’ll go in... one minute, I’d say.” A big green counter flashed up onto the flat screen above them, beginning at 1:00 and counting down... :59, :58, :57... “And this little button...” The Dragonrider pressed another button.
    Felix pulled his finger against the trigger of the shotgun, but didn’t quite fire it.
    “Synchronises the bombs place all around my headquarters to that of the ones all over the country. And, the last little trick up my sleeve...” she grinned, and pressed another button.
    With sudden speed, her chair shot up in a burst of flame, lifting the Dragonrider out of the room. The glass roof shattered, and it flew out of range.
    As if taking a que, bullets flew from all directions. Felix retaliated with deadly force, dropping the shotgun and pulling a pair of automatic weapons which tore through the Dragonrider’s forces.
    Suddenly, a man fell from the roof and landed on Felix. Felix pulled a handgun, shooting the man in the head before trying to push him off, but to no avail.
    Trapped under the corpse, Felix looked up at the screen – only twenty one seconds remained and they were dissapearing fast. The Dragonrider’s forces courage had broken and they had all begun trying to scramble for freedom.
    The automatic guns had run out of bullets, but Felix spotted the tiny red button that would shut down the bombs over the country side.
    Felix squinted, pulling his handgun, and pointing it at the button. He still could not move the body atop him, and shook his head, resigned to taking the shot.
    You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you... Double-D’s voice echoed in Felix’s head. He tuned out, slowly, the alarm fading from his ears, and the screams, the blinking green timer, all of them stopped being important. Nothing remained but him, the button, the gun, a bullet, and the void between them all.
    His finger pulled back. The trigger clicked. The bullet, as if in slow motion, left the gun barrel with a burst of light, and slowly trailed through the sky. It split the red plastic of the button, shoving it deep in, and the countdown timer dissapeared from the screen.
    On a burst of adrenaline, Felix pushed the body off him and jumped to his feet. He quickly pulled his iPod from his back pocket and with a few quick button pushes, a radio wave shot throughout the room, and the computer containing the activation codes for the bombs placed around the country crashed irrevocably, leaving those bombs as little more than cases of metal and plastic and a few dangerous liquids, the threat to the American people succesfully averted.
    But the alarm signalling the imminent self destruction of the Dragonrider’s headquaters still rang true.
    “Ten seconds till self destruction,” rang out a female voice, confirming Felix’s fear – the codes that would destroy the building and kill him were in a seperate computer, and had not been in range of his iPods destructive powers.
    Felix looked around, and glanced up at the hole in the roof the Dragonrider had made. There was no way out. He sat down on the floor, resigned to his fate.
    That was, until, he saw a familliar vehicle in the corner of the room...

The Cliff Above HEAD Headquarters,
    2221, 12/07/2013

The Dragonrider had ditched the jet-chair when it landed on the cliff above her doomed headquaters. Her watch kept her abreast of when it would explode, and she stood, watching.
    A half second before the entire glass dome went up in flames, a Land Crusier shot from the top of the building, propelled up into the sky and landing near her on the cliff.
    At the exact moment that the Land Cruiser’s tyres touched the cliff, the bombs place around her headquarters went off, and there was an echoing cacophony of shattering glass as a plume of fire shot up into the sky.
    The Dragonrider had no time to admire this, however, as from the Land Cruiser leapt that damned agent, Felix, his short sword drawn. The Dragonrider drew her own and prepared for battle.

Felix leapt forward, thrusting the blade at the Dragonrider’s chest. She deftly dodged, spinning the her blade around to slice at Felix’s neck. Felix dipped his blade to block her strike, and ducked under it. He span his blade around again, this time aiming for her gut.
    The Dragonrider stepped back again, avoiding the blow but moving inevitably toward the edge of the cliff. Felix saw his chance and lunged forward again, aiming for her heart, but she once again shirked to the side, dodging his blade.
    Felix lunged forward once again with much brutality, and the Dragonrider stepped back – falling. She grabbed onto the cliff ledge as she fell, and her blade fell harmlessly to the ground below. With both hands gripping to cliff ledge, she looked up at Felix.
    Felix stared into her deep brown eyes, and he couldn’t help once again noting her breath-taking beauty. She stared up at him, her eyes pleading.
    “I’ll never forgive myself for this,” Felix said.
    Just as her fingers slipped from the cliff he shot his arm down, grabbing her hand, and with what little strength remained in his hands, flung her behind him and she landed roughly on the ground behind.
    Felix panted heavily as he lay, his hands hanging over the cliff ledge. His attention was caught when he heard the click of a loading gun behind him.
    He rolled over and looked up. The Dragonrider was poiting a handgun as his face. Dust covered her face and her long brown curls, and a trickle of blood ran down the side of her head. Her eyes were wild, frenzied, but still focused directly on him.
    “Oh, you bitch,” Felix said, breathing heavily.
    “A life for a life,” she said.
    Slowly, she took steps back, the gun still pointed at Felix’s forehead. She stepped back again and again, her gaze still fixated on Felix until she slowly dissapeared over the horizon.
    Once the Dragonrider was no longer in his sight, Felix rolled over, slowly crawling back to the Land Cruiser. He climbed into the seat, closed the door, and then slammed his head down on the steering wheel, and began to weep.

Thoughts?
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Before I return to my on-going projects, I felt compelled to write another letter. It's not especially polished. Make of it what you will.

Love Letter from One Cast Aside
    ghost_warlock/???
    Spoiler
    Show

You're standing me up tonight, I see.

I'm feeling rather dejected about it.

I came to see you, stared at you. But you ignored me, refused to look at me. Why? I cannot say.

I miss the old days, how we used to be. We'd spend hours just watching each other, reveling in our shared Understanding. We understood each other, then, knew the darkness inside the other.

Why did you look away?

Nobody here seems to understand me. I know no one does. I'll never find anyone else who can see me as well as you.

I remember when we first met. Like it was yesterday. I was at a corner, looking down two roads - one the path of illusions, the other of truth. It wasn't a hard choice. I knew you were waiting for me, had heard the tales of others who'd seen you, felt your gaze.

Walking the path, you finally came into view. Pitch black, you rested at the end of the road. I could tell you were as deep as the universe. You were so beautiful.

But I was frightened. You were older than me, much older. And so much more worldly; you've had many more suitors before me, each losing themselves at least in part amongst your beauty. Was I worthy? Would you even consider me as I gazed down at you?

I stared for a long time, I cannot say precisely how long. Longer, perhaps, than most would so comfortably. I couldn't pull my eyes away, couldn't turn or run. Parts of me wanted so badly to turn back, but I resisted. You were so beautiful. I persevered.

And was rewarded.

When I first felt you gaze up at me, I finally turned aside my eyes.

Coy, like a maiden.

But I didn't flee, did not feel ashamed for long. I couldn't bear the thought of you here alone.

And so, finally, I lowered myself and lay down sweetly beside you. I turned my eyes back to you. We locked gazes.

I blinked once, I will not lie. I was still unsure of myself, unsure if you would have me.

But then I was yours, gave myself completely to you, felt your gaze fully upon me. It was everything I could have dreamed it to be.

My friends, family, were worried. They warned me what could happen, lest I fall in love with you. But they were too late; and they misunderstood, were wrong about you, in any case. I began to love you with all of my soullessness.

I danced in your nothingness, cast my light-side fully into your void and became my shadow. And your gaze burned ever through me, heat born in nebulae across your vast, empty expanses.

Like you, I became filled with nothing. I found solace in meaninglessness. Hopelessness gave me a reason to live. Like you, I had no drive, no fear, no sadness. I existed, and that was enough.

But, now, after two years of our romance, you have spurned me. I've come to see you, to stare into your depths. I long for you to return my gaze.

What is the matter? Is there someone else? I have so many questions.

Why won't you look at me!?

You've left me. Alone; my voice just an echo.

Why is it, when I gaze into the Abyss, the only gaze I feel returned is my own?
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-25 at 05:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I wrote this and then put names in afterwards. For my sis and her fox...

Castaras/Exachix
    B Was Wrong

Spoiler
    Show
    “Uh…run that by me again.”

“The whole thing?”

“OK, fair point. It would take a while.” Exachix leaned forward.

Castaras closed her eyes and groaned. “I know. It sounds like a desperate RW&A post…the kind with initials.”

Exachix chuckled. “ ‘I love A, but B told me he doesn’t love me, he loves C, but C has a crush on D, and D told me that A likes me, which can’t be right because I trust B. But to make matters worse, B loves A too. What am I supposed to do?’ ”

“That about covers it,” Cassie agreed.

“Glad I got it straight.”

“Yeah…great,” she said. “So what am I going to do?”

Exachix tipped his chair back, putting his feet up on the table. “Well…if it were anyone else—anyone but you, I mean—I would tell you to go for it, because what’s the worst that could happen.”

“That’s the kind of advice everyone gives,” Cassie said. “But would they do it themselves?”

“That’s why I’m not advising it,” he answered.

“Then what do you suggest?”

He leaned forward again, letting the front legs of his chair bang down on the floor. “Let is go,” he said softly. “Impossible love is…what’s the word? Appealing. But it doesn’t work—or so rarely that it’s not worth giving up your life in hope that it might. You just have to let him—whoever he is—go.” He touched her hand. “It’s okay to have regrets, but maybe you should try looking a little closer to you.”

Tears glittered in Cassie’s eyes. “He’s very close to me,” she said. “And I had hoped….”

“What?” He was suddenly angry. “What, Castaras? That I wouldn’t care that you came to me for advice when you knew how I felt?”

Castaras stared at him. “I….”

“I don’t want to hear it, Cassie.” Exachix violently shoved his chair back from the table and got up. Castaras caught his sleeve.

“Exachix,” she whispered. “It was you.”

He looked down at her, anger draining away.

“…What?”

“I was asking about you,” said Castaras, biting her lip. “I know it’s stupid…but I had to be sure you…you wanted…” she shook her head, words failing her. “Look. I’m sorry. I won’t….”

“No.” Exachix took her hands. “Are you saying…you love me?”

Slowly, Cassie nodded. “Yeah. I guess I am.”

“Oh,” said Exachix. “Then…” he pulled her into a tight embrace. “You were silly ever to think I didn’t love you back,” he whispered.
    *SQUEE!*

Alsom! =).
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show