New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Before I return to my on-going projects, I felt compelled to write another letter. It's not especially polished. Make of it what you will.

Love Letter from One Cast Aside
    ghost_warlock/???
    Spoiler
    Show

You're standing me up tonight, I see.

I'm feeling rather dejected about it.

I came to see you, stared at you. But you ignored me, refused to look at me. Why? I cannot say.

I miss the old days, how we used to be. We'd spend hours just watching each other, reveling in our shared Understanding. We understood each other, then, knew the darkness inside the other.

Why did you look away?

Nobody here seems to understand me. I know no one does. I'll never find anyone else who can see me as well as you.

I remember when we first met. Like it was yesterday. I was at a corner, looking down two roads - one the path of illusions, the other of truth. It wasn't a hard choice. I knew you were waiting for me, had heard the tales of others who'd seen you, felt your gaze.

Walking the path, you finally came into view. Pitch black, you rested at the end of the road. I could tell you were as deep as the universe. You were so beautiful.

But I was frightened. You were older than me, much older. And so much more worldly; you've had many more suitors before me, each losing themselves at least in part amongst your beauty. Was I worthy? Would you even consider me as I gazed down at you?

I stared for a long time, I cannot say precisely how long. Longer, perhaps, than most would so comfortably. I couldn't pull my eyes away, couldn't turn or run. Parts of me wanted so badly to turn back, but I resisted. You were so beautiful. I persevered.

And was rewarded.

When I first felt you gaze up at me, I finally turned aside my eyes.

Coy, like a maiden.

But I didn't flee, did not feel ashamed for long. I couldn't bear the thought of you here alone.

And so, finally, I lowered myself and lay down sweetly beside you. I turned my eyes back to you. We locked gazes.

I blinked once, I will not lie. I was still unsure of myself, unsure if you would have me.

But then I was yours, gave myself completely to you, felt your gaze fully upon me. It was everything I could have dreamed it to be.

My friends, family, were worried. They warned me what could happen, lest I fall in love with you. But they were too late; and they misunderstood, were wrong about you, in any case. I began to love you with all of my soullessness.

I danced in your nothingness, cast my light-side fully into your void and became my shadow. And your gaze burned ever through me, heat born in nebulae across your vast, empty expanses.

Like you, I became filled with nothing. I found solace in meaninglessness. Hopelessness gave me a reason to live. Like you, I had no drive, no fear, no sadness. I existed, and that was enough.

But, now, after two years of our romance, you have spurned me. I've come to see you, to stare into your depths. I long for you to return my gaze.

What is the matter? Is there someone else? I have so many questions.

Why won't you look at me!?

You've left me. Alone; my voice just an echo.

Why is it, when I gaze into the Abyss, the only gaze I feel returned is my own?
    Very nicely done, GW. I... I hope that everything turned out okay.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Busty B's - Mi'ir (Cristo Meyers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Busty B came downstairs, tying on her clean, pressed apron. She checked her hair in the reflection from one of her mugs and smiled, pleased. She threw open the front doors, the warm morning air promising a much harsher afternoon. She went to the barn and roused the serving girls, then went back in to start cooking.

A short time later she emerged from the kitchen, flour dusted across her lap. She found her three girls all giggling together, stealing glances at an attractive, dark-haired young man. A bard from the look of him, his pouches bulged with what promised to be all manner of instruments. None of the girls approached, but the man needed no encouragement. He pulled out a lute and strummed it gently, dulcet tones filling the air. B smiled and approached, bowing slightly. "Greetings, master bard. How may we serve you this day?"

The man looked up, his eyes reflecting B's twinkle of mischief. "Good madam, I was rather hoping to offer some of my services to you. I am Mi'ir. You must be she for whom the bar be named." It was stated as a fact, and he turned his eyes back to his instrument.

B stepped back, crossing her arms over her ample bosom. "No one stays for free. You can earn your own food and drink if the customers like you, but only for a few days. I need no resident musician here." Her brow was slightly furrowed, then she caught sight of the writer coming downstairs, a dopey grin still on his face.

Mi'ir noticed too and gave her a coy smile. "No one stays free, you say?"

B's cheeks colored slightly, but she held his gaze and shook her head. "No. Everyone pays. With coin."

The bard grinned, a smile that would make a lesser woman swoon. "And how do you presume to know what services I wish to offer?"

This time, B was the one with the knowing smile. "Because you wouldn't offer that as payment. Not for me, anyway."

Mi'ir laughed aloud. "Very well, I'll stay here for a bit. No longer than a few days, though. I don't stay in one place very well. So don't bother asking - no amount of begging will sway me." B chuckled quietly and turned to leave. "Oh, and madam?" She turned, an eyebrow raised questioningly. The bard leaned close, whispering like a conspirator. "Surely you would prefer a younger buck to a seasoned gelding?" He made a pointed gaze across the room.

B followed his eyes and found them resting on TwoBit, the writer. She laughed aloud. "I like them as I see them, thank you. He pleases me, for now. Why, you think you can do any better?"

Mi'ir smirked. "Touche'. A challenge, then? Best of luck, my dear." He stood, took her hand in his and pressed it to his lips. A sweeping bow, and he was off. He perched by the hearth of the fireplace, plucking at the strings of his lute. The three serving girls nearly fainted as he started to sing, and even B felt moved by his words and voice.

Smiling and humming along to the familiar tune, B resumed her work for the day. It's going to be a good day, B. A good day indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Busty B's - Mi'ir (Cristo Meyers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Busty B came downstairs, tying on her clean, pressed apron. She checked her hair in the reflection from one of her mugs and smiled, pleased. She threw open the front doors, the warm morning air promising a much harsher afternoon. She went to the barn and roused the serving girls, then went back in to start cooking.

A short time later she emerged from the kitchen, flour dusted across her lap. She found her three girls all giggling together, stealing glances at an attractive, dark-haired young man. A bard from the look of him, his pouches bulged with what promised to be all manner of instruments. None of the girls approached, but the man needed no encouragement. He pulled out a lute and strummed it gently, dulcet tones filling the air. B smiled and approached, bowing slightly. "Greetings, master bard. How may we serve you this day?"

The man looked up, his eyes reflecting B's twinkle of mischief. "Good madam, I was rather hoping to offer some of my services to you. I am Mi'ir. You must be she for whom the bar be named." It was stated as a fact, and he turned his eyes back to his instrument.

B stepped back, crossing her arms over her ample bosom. "No one stays for free. You can earn your own food and drink if the customers like you, but only for a few days. I need no resident musician here." Her brow was slightly furrowed, then she caught sight of the writer coming downstairs, a dopey grin still on his face.

Mi'ir noticed too and gave her a coy smile. "No one stays free, you say?"

B's cheeks colored slightly, but she held his gaze and shook her head. "No. Everyone pays. With coin."

The bard grinned, a smile that would make a lesser woman swoon. "And how do you presume to know what services I wish to offer?"

This time, B was the one with the knowing smile. "Because you wouldn't offer that as payment. Not for me, anyway."

Mi'ir laughed aloud. "Very well, I'll stay here for a bit. No longer than a few days, though. I don't stay in one place very well. So don't bother asking - no amount of begging will sway me." B chuckled quietly and turned to leave. "Oh, and madam?" She turned, an eyebrow raised questioningly. The bard leaned close, whispering like a conspirator. "Surely you would prefer a younger buck to a seasoned gelding?" He made a pointed gaze across the room.

B followed his eyes and found them resting on TwoBit, the writer. She laughed aloud. "I like them as I see them, thank you. He pleases me, for now. Why, you think you can do any better?"

Mi'ir smirked. "Touche'. A challenge, then? Best of luck, my dear." He stood, took her hand in his and pressed it to his lips. A sweeping bow, and he was off. He perched by the hearth of the fireplace, plucking at the strings of his lute. The three serving girls nearly fainted as he started to sing, and even B felt moved by his words and voice.

Smiling and humming along to the familiar tune, B resumed her work for the day. It's going to be a good day, B. A good day indeed.
    Hehe, very nice... And its totally on, Cristo!
    You can have the serving girls, but I want Brandi!

4. - Top - End - #574

Well, this thread is...quiet today.
    So...
    Whisper, Part Five
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai was taken aback. "You...how...?"

Brandelle shook her head and shrugged. "I don't know, but it was you. You came and whispered such sweet things to me, promised to save me."

Mordokai nodded slowly. "In my dreams, you asked for my help, begged me to hurry. Such urgency - I had to come. But you looked...different. Long hair, more..." He struggled to find a better word than "curvy" and settled with tracing a woman's silhouette in the air.

Brandelle blushed and hugged her knees, then scooted away from the wall, closer to Mordokai. "That sounds like me...a while ago. As you can see, things have changed." Embarrassed, she ran her fingers through her short, choppy hair.

Mordokai noticed again how thin she was, almost unhealthy-looking. "Brandelle, from what do you require saving?" The girl looked down, her eyes fearful for the first time - they were just as he remembered from his dream. "Has someone harmed you?"

At first Brandelle refused to answer, her cheeks red, her eyes averted to the floor. Mordokai moved close, sat on the bed next to her. He reached for her and she cringed, but then calmed herself. Gently, he took her chin in his hand and turned her face to his. His eyes searched her face, then locked onto her eyes. She looked back, eyes glistening with unshed tears. Gingerly, the paladin leaned close and pressed his lips to her forehead. He pulled back and met her eyes again. "So help me, by my oath as a paladin of Sune, so long as I am near, no one will harm you again."

Brandelle uttered a choked sob and, without warning, flung herself at Mordokai. She buried her face in the warmth of his chest, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. He sat, stoic, then wrapped her in his arms and held her, just held her, while she cried. He could feel warm wet spots where her tears dampened his shirt.

When she had recovered, Brandelle pulled away, wiping at her eyes with her sleeve. "Do you mean it?" The paladin nodded solemnly. "It's the innkeeper. He...he..." She took a deep breath. "He told me that if I wanted to work here, I had to sign a contract. I...can't read. Afterwards, he told me that I belonged to him, that he owned me for life. When I protested, he cut my hair..." She fingered the boyish locks again. "And he beat me. Then he started feeding me only once every other day. And he...he...made me do things..." She shuddered.

Mordokai, realizing what she meant, stood, filled with a sudden uncontrollable rage. "Brandelle, child, you are coming with me. There is nothing more detestable, more vile, more...I cannot stay here, and neither will you." When she opened her mouth to protest, he held a finger to her lips, silencing her. "No one owns you. Do you understand?" She nodded, her eyes filling with tears again. "And no one has the right to treat you that way. Now, do you have any personal belongings, anything to collect before leaving?" Brandelle shook her head. "Good, then we need waste no time." The paladin stood, kissed her forehead once more, then started redressing in his armor. When he was finished, he took her hand, then stepped to the door of his small room, his hand pausing on the knob. "Ready?" She nodded once more. "Then let's go."

Next chapter - paladin be kicking some serious arse!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Just wanted to say how much I love this, before going to sleep!

Write on, my friend! Write on!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Felixaar's Long Awaited First Contribution To Shipping...
    Well, after DR beat me at Nano I can't stop thinking about her being my nemesis, and so it developed into an idea where in she was, in a series of awful spy-movie spoofs. Apologies to everyone I misrepresented and what not. A heads up, the story weighs in at a little over six thousand words so you should take account of that before reading it...

Codename: Dragonsbane
    starring...
    Felixaar as Felix/Agent FJ
    Dragonrider as The Dragonrider
    Dallas-Dakota as Double-D/Agent DD
    Alarra as President Alarra
    Collin_152 as The Wizard/Collin
    Randman22 as Randy
    and Frigs as Man in the Black Suit

Acronyms...

Agents
    International
    League

also,

Hatred
    Evil
    Angst
    and
    Demolition

and...

Nerd
    Dork
    Geek
    Alliance
    Party

Spoiler
    Show

CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE

By Felixaar

Penn. Station, New York, NY
    0537, 07/11/2013

The man in the black suit stalked through the station. It was early in the morning still, and few – if any – other patrons were around. The stores were still all closed, and the ticket counters left unmanned. Aside from a few cleaning boys and a random spattering of layabout travellers, no one was around.
    The man in the black suit took a seat at one of the hard, uncomfortable, light blue plastic chairs. He stared down at the floor. Freshly cleaned. Good. It would be a long time before anyone came past here, since the cleaning boys were done with it.
    He lowered his briefcase and gently placed it on the floor, hearing a slight click as it came to rest on the linoleum floor. With gentle hands like that of a surgeons, he slowly pushed it under the seat, careful not to lift it from the ground.
    He waited at the seat some time, waiting until all who had been there when he arrived were gone, and then he calmly, quietly got up from his seat and walked a few paces away.
    Turning back around quickly, he noted that the briefcase was all but invisible before turning and calmly walking out of the station.

The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    1425, 07/11/2013

“Madame President!” he shouted as he ran down the door.
    President Alarra swept around suddenly on her chair. She had been rushed into office only a year ago, elected in a landslide as unprecedented numbers turned out to vote for the newly formed NDGAP (Nerd-Dork-Geek Alliance Party).
    “What is it?” she asked.
    “A message from a noted evil genius!” her assistant replied.
    This caught Alarra’s attention. “Which one?” she asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” he answered. He rushed over to her desk and pulled a remote, clicking it at the screen mounted over the doorway.
    “Madame President,” a hollow voice sounded from the screen. It was an almost... metallic voice, Alarra thought, and she instantly recognised it as a false voice, most likely filtered through a machine.
    “Dragonrider,” Alarra glared upwards at the screen. The small webcam beneath it blinked, allowing transmission to and from the source.
    A face appeared on the screen, sheathed in darkness. All Alarra could see was the silhouette, she could hardly tell what the Dragonrider looked like. “We should track through this fast,” that metallic voice came through again. “You don’t, after all, have much time.”
    “I have placed explosives at locations across the entire country. Locations of public transportations – train stations, bus stations, airports, you know the like – places far too busy for such small devices to be noticed.
    “At exactly eleven fifty nine PM tomorrow, they will explode – effectively halting all transportation systems in the United States of America. You can imagine the results,” the metallic voice took a quick pause.
    “Mass destruction, and, perhaps more importantly, a halt in… everything. Trade, supplies, food – all of it gone. For you see, these bombs have also been placed in every major cargo transport office – not even the trucks and highways are safe. In effect, it will be a total shut down of America.
    “You have only one option,” that metallic voice rang out. “Me. The Dragonrider. From now on you incite a ten percent tax on anything and everything that can be sold – from household groceries to huge international imports, everything. And this money goes to once place and one place only. Me.”
    Alarra gaped. “You can’t do this! We’ll stop you!”
    Alarra thought that if she could’ve seen the face, it would’ve been smirking. “You have no hope – you may, indeed, find a few of my bombs, but even if you do… the moment they are found, they will self destruct on their own. All they need is my activation codes, which will be immediately radioed to them upon disturbance – or, tomorrow night, whichever comes first. And don’t bother using any high tech hardware to search for them – without the codes; they are nothing but useless plastic and metal.”
    “We’ll stop you,” Alarra repeated, silently wondering who she was trying to convince.
    The smirk Alarra imagined on the Dragonrider’s face grew wider. “Offshore account details follow,” the hollow metallic voice rang out.
    “Ta.”

TAIL Headquarters, Location Classified
    1023, 07/12/2013

“Aargh, damn it!” Felix cursed as he landed in a roll, a smoking handgun falling to the ground from his slackened grip.
    “Missed it by a mile,” replied Double-D.
    Felix, or Agent FJ as he was known in TAIL, glared at this friend. He had just finished one of TAIL’s more advanced training exercises, and failed to hit the last target.
    “Well it’s ridiculous,” Felix said in spite. “When the hell am I ever going to have to hit a target that small? Never.”
    Double-D looked up at the target and drew a handgun, firing it in the same movement – the bullet left a smoking hole through the bullseye, which was only half an inch diameter. “You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you.”
    “Show off,” Felix told him.
    Double-D smirked, offering Felix a hand up which Felix reluctantly took.
    Double-D – or, Agent DD – was the victim of an unfortunate name that had made his identity similar to that of a bra-size. Despite Felix’s urge to giggle every time he thought about it, the two of them had worked together successfully on many missions. Double-D was quite the fellow – an expert marksman. But every agent has his quirks, and Double-D’s was an insatiable appetite for cookies.
    After only a few years serving his homeland of Australia, Felix had been approached by TAIL – the Top Agent International League. Felix still had no precise idea who was in charge of TAIL, but it was secret organisation which employed only the best of the best to keep order in the world.
    A loud beeping sound. Felix looked at the computerised bracelet around his wrist. ‘NEW MISSION. CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE. REPORT IMMEDIATELY,’ It read.
    Double-D had the same message on his wrist band.
    “Well,” Double-D said. “Time for some fun.” He holstered his hand gun.
    Felix just grinned.

“Gentlemen,” he welcomed them. Who ‘he’ was, they didn’t really know – it was always someone different, a mere representative of whoever ran TAIL. Felix and Double-D sat down in the office.
    “There is a threat to the stability of the United States of America. In approximately twenty hours, strategically based bombs are going to detonate all over the country, shutting down all methods of cargo movement and transportation.”
    “Who’s the perp?” Double-D asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” the representative said. “We’ve got no… visual idea of who he is, yet… or… well, any idea. His voice is always masked.”
    “So what’s the mission?” Felix asked.
    “You’ve got to stop this Dragonrider. The full details of his fiendish plot – or at least, those we know – are in these mission briefings,” the representative said, sliding two folders over the desk.
    “Do you know his location?” Double-D asked.
    “Yes,” the representative replied. “The signal of the message to President Alarra came from a location in coastal Oregon. It was difficult to uncover, but I think our enemy has underestimated an NDGAP president.”
    Double-D and Felix both nodded. “Anything else?”
    “Report to The Wizard on your way out,” the representative answered. “Your flight leaves in half an hour.”

“The Wizard? Honestly, do they still call me that?” Collin asked.
    Double-D grinned. “Yeah, I’m afraid so.”
    Collin shook his head. “Imbeciles,” he said. “Someday they’ll learn… if I don’t mindrape them all first.”
    Felix just shook his head. Collin was always talking about mindrape, but he had never actually seen it done.
    “So, what have you got for us?” Double-D asked.
    “First, we have, a Pen,” Collin told them, offering both Felix and Double-D a ballpoint pen.
    “Whoa,” Felix said. “High tech – you better explain to us simple cave men how it works, oh wonderful man from the future.”
    Collin just glared at him. “This is no ordinary pen, FJ. It’s filled with a rather potent flammable liquid, and the tip itself is rather, a spray nozzle. All you need to do is twist the tip all the way out…” Collin demonstrated with his own pen, “and then press this little button at the top.”
    A gout of flame shot from the pen, narrowly missing Felix (though singing a few of his long brown hairs). Collin seemed not to notice. The flame shot a good ten metres forward, however, and both Felix and Double-D were impressed.
    “Doesn’t go for too long, but it’s good for a one use,” Collin said, arbitrarily returning the pen to a long metal table. “We also have these,” Collin continued, pulling a pair of iPod’s from the table.
    “Oh good, these mission flights are always so boring,” Felix said.
    “Once again you misunderstand,” Collin shook his head. “These are complex devices, but when activated, they take out all electronic systems within a ten meter radius,” he paused. “It’s how they intend for you to stop this ‘Dragonrider’, I think, by getting close enough to destroy the machine holding her activation codes for the bombs around the country, and thus render them useless. Oh, and they have a lot of Queen music on them too,” Collin finished, handing the iPod’s over.
    Felix and Double-D took them, stashing them in their pockets and nodding solemnly.
    “And finally,” Collin continued, “a pack of Gum. I’d suggest you save them, though, as they are infact a high potency plastic explosive. The little red strip that’s always a pain in the ass to tear off is the fuse, and you will as normal be equipped with matches and lighters, and you could always light it with those pens in a pinch,” he explained. “Oh, and it’s… extra mint.”
    Double-D and Felix grinned at him, stowing the ‘gum’. Collin offered them a little wink before the two of them exited the room.

Somewhere Over the Ocean,
    1623, 07/12/2013

“Is this cliché or what?” Double-D answered, leafing through the mission briefing.
    Felix and Double-D had left the charter flight from the TAIL headquarters a while ago, and boarded an international flight flying from Tokyo to New York – the plan was to ditch the plane when the flight went over the Oregon coast.
    “I mean, this ‘Dragonrider’. No one’s ever seen his face, or heard his voice,” he sighed. “Honestly, some of these evil geniuses these days… they’re just too much into theatrics.”
    “I dunno,” Felix said. “I kind of like theatrics.”
    Double-D just shook his head, until a beep came from his bracelet.
    “Time to go,” Double-D said, standing up and marching for the planes bathroom.
    Felix sat in his seat and waited, until his wrist signalled that Double-D had successfully left the plane. He grasped the ‘lifejacket’ from under his seat, and marched purposefully into the bathroom.
    Felix quickly attached the parachute that had been disguised as a life jacket. He pressed the double-flush button the toilet, and the floor dropped out from under him, and he flew downwards, spotting a black speck that was Double-D not far below.

In the back of the flight, a broad shouldered man watched as the two agents up front both entered the toilet and never came back. He leant over and looked out the window – sure enough, two black specks far below.
    He grinned and got up, pushing his way past the other people in his row with little regard.

“This is the best part of the whole mission!” Felix shouted as he dropped down to Double-D’s level before spreading his body to slow down. “FANTASTIC!”
    Double-D just grinned at his friend, and then looked up. “Oh, hell,” he said.
    “What?” Felix turned his face up – another speck, just above them, had dropped from the plane. “Oh, boy!” Felix shouted. “What do you think buddy, sword or handgun?”
    Double-D grinned once again – Felix’s enthusiasm was indeed a sight to behold. “Listen to your heart,” he answered.
    Felix drew his shortsword with a ring and then pulled the cord on his parachute, slowing down drastically while the speck above them continued to plummet.
    With a sudden rush they crossed paths and Felix struck with his blade, but the enemy struck back, knocking Felix’s blade off course. Felix grabbed onto the enemy, who with a sudden swing severed one of his parachute ropes, and it began flapping wildly, both of them falling faster now.
    “Bastard!” Felix cried, slogging the enemy in the face. His head snapped back and he looked dazed for a moment before a sudden knee caught Felix in a place no man should be hit.
    They brawled as the plummeted to earth – the enemy pulled his parachute open and Felix latched onto him, biting his arm hard, and as they fought they quickly descended to the ground.
    “Watch out!” Double-D yelled, looking up at them from the ground. “Train!”
    But, whether they were oblivious to his warning or simply took it in their stride, Felix and the broad-shouldered enemy landed on the train.
    It rocketed along the tracks, both men cutting of their parachutes and throwing them to the side as they drew blades. Felix made the first move, thrusting at his enemies chest. The enemy stepped back, swinging his blade in a circle a knocking Felix’s aside before diving to one side and attempting a cut into Felix’s midriff. Felix narrowly dodged the attack, but then bought the flat of his blade down on his enemy’s head.
    His enemy stumbled back, now heading towards the rear of the train – Felix could see that, after the carriage they were on top of, another three carriages remained.
    With a flurry of fast attacks, Felix began to push his enemy back to the end of the train. The broad-shouldered enemy had no choice but to move back or taste Felix’s blade, and thus slowly stepped back, jumping across carriages where need be.
    But Felix’s plan backfired at the last moment – the broad-shouldered enemy ducked a high strike, and then came up again with sudden speed, knocking Felix’s blade from his hand – it flew into the fields below.
    “You will die now,” the enemy told him. As threats go, it’s not very original, Felix thought.
    Suddenly, his enemy stiffened up… and fell off the train roof.
    “My goodness that was long and pointless,” Double-D said, walking up to Felix, the barrel of his handgun smoking.
    “I had it under control!” Felix insisted.
    “Yeah, sure,” Double-D shook his head. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Look, sister! A sword!” a young boy road on a horse, his sister trailing not far behind him, also mounted. In the distance, a blade was half buried in the fields.
    The young boy leapt from his mount, and began to pull the blade from the ground. It came out with a tug, the bottom half still dirty. “Woah…” he said, as his sister pulled up behind him.
    “I’ll take that, kiddo,” said a tall stranger with curly ringlets of brown hair. “The name is Felix. I dropped that.”
    “Where from?” the kid asked defensively.
    “A train,” Felix replied.
    “Cool!” the boy said, and handed the train back to Felix.
    A tall stranger next to Felix just shook his head.
    “…I don’t suppose we could buy those horses from you, m’boy?” Felix asked, showing the young boy a sheaf of bills.
    The young boys eyes widened, and he took the money with a rather uncoordinated bow. “Come on, sissy!” he said. “We’re walking!”
    Felix just grinned. The young boy watched them as he walked away – both of the tall men mounted their horses and rode off over the hill.

HEAD Headquarters, ???, OR
    1655, 07/12/2013

“Number Three hundred and twelve failed, boss,” said number twelve.
    “Hmm. Then these fools are more than just the average agents. Tighten security,” ordered that cold metallic voice.
    “Yes, boss,” number twelve answered, bowing.
    The Dragonrider was sheathed in darkness, sitting at a large chair in a room where his features were all but invisible.
    “And while you’re at it…” the cold metallic voice trailed off. “Run down to the store. Fetch more chocolate. We’re running low, by which I mean I’m running low.”
    “Yes, boss.”

Pacific City, OR
    1704 07/12/2013

“We’re not getting that one,” Double-D said.
    “Yeah, ofcourse we are! It’s perfect!” Felix said.
    Double-D and Felix stood in a Car yard in Pacific City, Oregon. They could hear the passing of cars and the soft rumble of the wind and the waves in the background as people thumped over the bridge.
    “What is it with you and Toyota Landcruisers?” Double-D asked him, shaking his head.
    “They remind me of those tanks in Warhammer 40K. Land Raiders!” Felix shouted. “They’re good cars, too.”
    Double-D just shook his head. He would’ve argued the point, but they were running low on spare time – the Dragonrider was scheduled to release the activation codes to her bombs in just under seven hours, and Felix and he hadn’t even found her lair yet. His bracelet was tracking it, but the distant was too far to reach on foot, or the horses.
    “Okay, fine, but I’m navigating,” Double-D told him. “Last time you took charge of the navigating we wound up in the Middle East.”
    “I thought that’s where the Panama Canal was!” Felix said defensively.
    Double-D just shook his head.

1847 07/12/2013

“So, how do you think we should get in?” Double-D asked.
    Felix and Double-D had arrived at the Dragonrider’s headquarters. It seemed to be made entirely of glass, a dome hidden in a valley many miles from the road.
    Felix just turned to Double-D and grinned.

“Keep an eye out, men,” Randy said, calling the henchmen to order. “Those agents are apparently coming to try and take us out. Keep security tight, and don’t let anyone in or near the place.”
    “…Sir…” one of the henchmen whimpered.
    “What is it?” Randy asked gruffly.
    The henchman raised an arm, pointing out the window.
    Randy turned around just in time to dive out of the way as the Landcruiser burst through the plate glass window/wall, sending debris everywhere as it slammed onto the floor.
    Randy hid behind a potted plant as two men jumped out of car – one with long brown ringlets, the other with short brown hair. Handguns blazed and were reloaded as they systematically took down all the henchmen in the room.
    “Whew. They weren’t so tough,” the one with the ringlets claimed.
    Randy pulled a fallen shotgun from the ground and checked the ammo clip for before jumping up from the ground, pointing the gun directly at the ringletted-man’s head.
    “I think you missed one,” Randy said.
    The ringlet-man raised his hands, and dropped his handgun. The gun bounced on the floor, suddenly firing, and shooting Randy in the leg.
    “Gah!” shouted Randy, falling back and dropping the shot gun. The other one, with short brown hair, took a quick shot that landed in Randy’s right chest.
    The two agents seemed pleased with themselves, Randy thought, slowly losing consciousness, until a team of henchmen walked up behind them placing guns to the back of their heads.

HEAD Headquarters, Prison Wing
    1932 12/07/2013

“Great Décor,” Felix said as he was roughly shoved into the cell. The henchman spat on him as he slammed the door closed on the two of them and strode off.
    “Now what?” Felix asked, roughly plonking down on the wet, cement floor.
    Double-D looked around – escape appeared almost impossible from the large, windowless room. The bars on their cell were thick and the lock was well made, but their handguns and swords were only just across from them, barely out of their reach. It suddenly clicked in his mind, though – they had the plastic explosives!
    “We have to escape,” Double-D. “We’re not dead, so that means the Dragonrider must want us for something. But I’m not sure what and I don’t think I want to find out. We need to use the gum that Collin gave us… but we need to do it without being detected,” he said. “And get these shackles off,” he added, wincing as the metal cut into his hands.
    Felix thought for a moment. “Can you reach my pen?” he asked.
    “We’re not burning the shackles off! They’re metal!” Double-D replied.
    Felix shook his head. “My regular pen. If I can take it apart I can try and use it to pick our locks.”
    Double-D shifted around to reach into Felix’s pockets and managed to retrieve a pen. He dropped it to the ground. Felix bent over and disassembled the pen before leaning down and picking up the ink-tube and pen point in his teeth.
    “Hhhkay,” he mumbled. “Hhld Sthll…”
    After a few agonizing minutes, Double-D heard a click as his shackles unlocked and dropped from his hands.
    “Sweet!” Double-D said, grabbing the ink tube from Felix and returning the favour. With both of their arms free, Felix and Double-D debated what to do next.
    “We set plastic explosives around the door,” Double-D said. “It’ll take both packets. Then I’ll use my pen to set it alight. When the door blows off we’ll have to run over and grab our weapons before any of the guards get here, then we fight out way out, find the codes, destroy them with the iPod’s, capture the Dragonrider and bust out of here.”
    Felix nodded. It wasn’t long before they had spread out the plastic explosives running both ways up along the door. Both men stepped back as Double-D pulled out his flamethrower-pen and let fly.
    The explosives let off with a massive bang and smoke was thrown into the air as they heard a sudden ‘clank’, announcing that the cell door had fallen to the ground.
    “NOW!” Double-D shouted, and he and Felix both ran through the door, grabbing their weapons from the table opposite their cell.
    The used the smoke as cover for a few moments – henchman ran from both sides, and the agents, shielded by the smoke, fired rounds in both directions, quickly taking down all charging henchman.
    Both men ran down the corridor, picking up fallen weapons on their way.

The Dragonrider’s Inner Office, HEAD Headquarters
    2012 12/07/2013

“They’ve escaped the cells, Dragonrider,” one of the henchmen said.
    He spoke only to the back of the Dragonrider’s chair. “Then catch them. And this time, don’t let them escape.”
    “I think you should learn not to delegate, Dragonrider,” said a voice from behind the chair.
    Felix and Double-D had entered the room.
    The chair span around, and both Felix and Double-D recoiled in shock as the Dragonrider’s face was thrown into light.
    “You’re… a girl…” Felix said. And quite a girl, his mind thought – he couldn’t help but noticing that she was rather beautiful, long brown curls framing a mischievous face.
    “Don’t act so surprised,” the Dragonrider said, gently stroking a cat on her lap.
    “It’s not acting,” Felix answered, and Double-D elbowed him.
    “Give it up, Dragonrider,” Double-D said, reaffirming his handgun’s position – both men pointing theres squarely at the Dragonrider. “Come peacefully now and you might get let off easily.”
    “I wish I could make you the same offer,” said a sudden voice behind them, and Felix suddenly felt the cold metal of a gun barrel against his chin and an arm grab him around the waist.
    Felix turned ever so slightly, grabbing a view of his captor – it was the man they had shot as they ‘entered’ the Dragonrider’s headquarters. He seemed to be doing fairly well, albeit a little pale.
    “I see you’ve already met Randy,” the Dragonrider said, gently placing her cat down on her chair as she got up. She drew a handgun and pointed it at Double-D before either agent could react.
    “Well, we did this one well,” Felix whimpered, almost too afraid to talk.
    “You said it,” Double-D agreed. He looked around for a moment, His gun still raised, trying to find a way out. Dejected, both men dropped their weapons.
    The Dragonrider grinned. “Now theres a pair of good boys.”

HEAD Headquarters,
    2029 12/07/2013

“Well, this is getting awfully repetitive,” Felix grumbled as he and Double-D were roughly shoved through a doorway. Quick as a match, a thick metal door closed behind them.
    Double-D looked at the door, forlorn. Even if they’d had plastic explosives left over, there was no chance they’d make it through – the door was just too thick, too strong.
    But that was not their only problem – rather, it was coming in at number two on a rather exclusive list, since the room they were in – quite small, really, was slowly filling with rising water. Double-D’s eyes shot up – the roof was of mesh, and just above it a huge rotor blade turned at speeds the human eye could not track.
    “What’re we going to do?” Felix asked, looking up at the mesh ceiling.
    Double-D shook his head. “I don’t know...” he said, taking a step forward. Suddenly, ropes shot out from the wall and wrapped around his wrists, pulling him to the wall. The same happened to Felix.
    “Gah! Hell!” Felix swore, looking around, his arms tied up.
    Double-D looked around helplessly, unable to make up his mind.
    “Alright... alright...” Double-D muttered. “Felix! Can you reach your flamethrower pen with you mouth?”
    Felix thrusted his head down, grasping at then pen clipped to his lapel. He managed to catch it in his teeth. “Mmhhm!” he grunted affirmatively as he felt the water seep up to his waist.
    “Great! Burn through your ropes!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix closed his eyes and clicked the pen button with his teeth. A gout of flame burnt through the ropes binding his wrists to the wall, and he felt a burst of red hot pain as it burnt up his arm.
    “Sorry, man, but it had to...” Double-D said as Felix fell into the water. Felix nodded, shoving his arm deep under. A red mist spread into the water from the burn.
    “Now, grab my iPod and see if you can use it to short curcuit the program keeping the door locked down!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix ran over to Double-D and grabbed the iPod from his shirt pocket. With a few quick clicks of its buttons, a radio wave emitted from the little device, and there was a click at the door.
    “Can you lift it?” Double-D asked – the water was now rising to his chest. Felix dived deep into the water and swam for the bottom of the door, biting back the pain of the burn, his eyes wide and his vision blurred under the water.
    He pushed his fingers under the door edge, barely managing to wedge them in. He heaved with all his strength, barely managing to lift it more than a foot. Water rushed out the door, but it was still coming into fast, and them room continued to fill, albeit slowly.
    Felix managed to prop the door open with a shoe, and swam to the top. The water was up to their shoulders now. “I can get it high enough to get out,” Felix said.
    Double-D nodded. “I dont suppose they left a knife on you?”
    Felix felt at his pockets. “No...”
    Double-D looked away briefly, then turned back to Felix’s face, his eyes as hard as steel. “Go. Get out while you can. Whatever you propped that up wont last for long.”
    “But... but how do you get out?” Felix asked.
    “I don’t, Felix. I think this is the end of the ride for me,” Double-D said.
    “No! No way! I’ll... I’ll chew through the ropes!” Felix shouted, and began to wade towards his friend.
    “By the time you do that, we’ll both have drowned. Get. Out. Now,” Double-D gritted his teeth, glaring at Felix.
    “The hell I will,” Felix said and continued wading through the water towards Double-D.
    “Then you leave me no choice,” Double-D said. He raised his leg above the water, now at neck height, and slammed Felix a sudden kick into the head.
    With the amazing strength in Double-D’s leg, Felix was suddenly shot back through the water. He rolled to the floor, and span out under the small gap he had raised in the door. His foot caught on the shoe and it came free, and both Felix and his detatched shoe fell out of the room, and the door slammed closed.
    “NO!” Felix shouted, hammering on the door, but he knew it was too late. “Dallas...” he groaned, falling limp against the door.
    It was only a gun shot whizzing past his head that pulled Felix from his grief. Felix ducked and grabbed a pistol from a table across the hall, and with a quick shot, dispatched the one inept guard who had been assinged to watch his death cell.
    Purposefully, and with the memory of his murdered comrade in his mind, Felix purpousely marched down the hallway, grabbing the fallen man’s shot gun as he went.

HEAD Headquarters,
    2202 12/07/2013

“President Alarra is sending a message, Madame,” Randy said, bowing deeply as he reached the Dragonrider. His blonde hair swished as he bowed.
    “Excellent. Put it on the screen, and dim the lights,” the Dragonrider ordered, crossing her fingers, an impish grin on her face.
    Randy nodded as he raised to his feet. Despite the shot wounds in his leg and chest, he seemed to be doing pretty well, the Dragonrider noted as Randy clicked at a few controls. The lights in the room went almost completely off, and a visage of President Alarra appeared on the giant flat screen above her.
    “So nice of you to call back, Madame President,” the Dragonrider said, her voice once again translated into that hollow metallic ring.
    “I made your order, but it wasn’t easy,” Alarra grumped, glaring at what the Dragonrider knew was just a shillouette to her.
    “I’m not interested in the red tape and bueracracy of your government, Madame President. I’m just glad it’s done. Now...” she paused. “You have until midnight to deliver it to the world. Ciao.”
    “What?” the President asked.
    “Oh, I think you heard me perfectly well,” the Dragonrider said, and the screen went blank again, the lights turning up.
    “You should really lose the theatrics, Dragonrider,” Felix said, marching in, a shotgun held high.

“Maybe if you didn’t insist on turning those lights off, you would have seen my approach.”
    With a sudden shot, Randy’s head exploded into a red mist, and Felix pulled back the catch on the shotgun, and this time aimed it at the Dragonrider herself.
    She just grinned at him. “You think your so clever, dont you, little agent? That you’ve got it all figured out, that you’re safe...” she shook her head. “Your wrong. You can’t stop this. Whether Madame President obeys my orders or not, those bombs are still going to go off at midnight. Those activation codes are all ready to go...”
    The Dragonrider squeezed a button on the remote she held.
    “And now they’ll go in... one minute, I’d say.” A big green counter flashed up onto the flat screen above them, beginning at 1:00 and counting down... :59, :58, :57... “And this little button...” The Dragonrider pressed another button.
    Felix pulled his finger against the trigger of the shotgun, but didn’t quite fire it.
    “Synchronises the bombs place all around my headquarters to that of the ones all over the country. And, the last little trick up my sleeve...” she grinned, and pressed another button.
    With sudden speed, her chair shot up in a burst of flame, lifting the Dragonrider out of the room. The glass roof shattered, and it flew out of range.
    As if taking a que, bullets flew from all directions. Felix retaliated with deadly force, dropping the shotgun and pulling a pair of automatic weapons which tore through the Dragonrider’s forces.
    Suddenly, a man fell from the roof and landed on Felix. Felix pulled a handgun, shooting the man in the head before trying to push him off, but to no avail.
    Trapped under the corpse, Felix looked up at the screen – only twenty one seconds remained and they were dissapearing fast. The Dragonrider’s forces courage had broken and they had all begun trying to scramble for freedom.
    The automatic guns had run out of bullets, but Felix spotted the tiny red button that would shut down the bombs over the country side.
    Felix squinted, pulling his handgun, and pointing it at the button. He still could not move the body atop him, and shook his head, resigned to taking the shot.
    You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you... Double-D’s voice echoed in Felix’s head. He tuned out, slowly, the alarm fading from his ears, and the screams, the blinking green timer, all of them stopped being important. Nothing remained but him, the button, the gun, a bullet, and the void between them all.
    His finger pulled back. The trigger clicked. The bullet, as if in slow motion, left the gun barrel with a burst of light, and slowly trailed through the sky. It split the red plastic of the button, shoving it deep in, and the countdown timer dissapeared from the screen.
    On a burst of adrenaline, Felix pushed the body off him and jumped to his feet. He quickly pulled his iPod from his back pocket and with a few quick button pushes, a radio wave shot throughout the room, and the computer containing the activation codes for the bombs placed around the country crashed irrevocably, leaving those bombs as little more than cases of metal and plastic and a few dangerous liquids, the threat to the American people succesfully averted.
    But the alarm signalling the imminent self destruction of the Dragonrider’s headquaters still rang true.
    “Ten seconds till self destruction,” rang out a female voice, confirming Felix’s fear – the codes that would destroy the building and kill him were in a seperate computer, and had not been in range of his iPods destructive powers.
    Felix looked around, and glanced up at the hole in the roof the Dragonrider had made. There was no way out. He sat down on the floor, resigned to his fate.
    That was, until, he saw a familliar vehicle in the corner of the room...

The Cliff Above HEAD Headquarters,
    2221, 12/07/2013

The Dragonrider had ditched the jet-chair when it landed on the cliff above her doomed headquaters. Her watch kept her abreast of when it would explode, and she stood, watching.
    A half second before the entire glass dome went up in flames, a Land Crusier shot from the top of the building, propelled up into the sky and landing near her on the cliff.
    At the exact moment that the Land Cruiser’s tyres touched the cliff, the bombs place around her headquarters went off, and there was an echoing cacophony of shattering glass as a plume of fire shot up into the sky.
    The Dragonrider had no time to admire this, however, as from the Land Cruiser leapt that damned agent, Felix, his short sword drawn. The Dragonrider drew her own and prepared for battle.

Felix leapt forward, thrusting the blade at the Dragonrider’s chest. She deftly dodged, spinning the her blade around to slice at Felix’s neck. Felix dipped his blade to block her strike, and ducked under it. He span his blade around again, this time aiming for her gut.
    The Dragonrider stepped back again, avoiding the blow but moving inevitably toward the edge of the cliff. Felix saw his chance and lunged forward again, aiming for her heart, but she once again shirked to the side, dodging his blade.
    Felix lunged forward once again with much brutality, and the Dragonrider stepped back – falling. She grabbed onto the cliff ledge as she fell, and her blade fell harmlessly to the ground below. With both hands gripping to cliff ledge, she looked up at Felix.
    Felix stared into her deep brown eyes, and he couldn’t help once again noting her breath-taking beauty. She stared up at him, her eyes pleading.
    “I’ll never forgive myself for this,” Felix said.
    Just as her fingers slipped from the cliff he shot his arm down, grabbing her hand, and with what little strength remained in his hands, flung her behind him and she landed roughly on the ground behind.
    Felix panted heavily as he lay, his hands hanging over the cliff ledge. His attention was caught when he heard the click of a loading gun behind him.
    He rolled over and looked up. The Dragonrider was poiting a handgun as his face. Dust covered her face and her long brown curls, and a trickle of blood ran down the side of her head. Her eyes were wild, frenzied, but still focused directly on him.
    “Oh, you bitch,” Felix said, breathing heavily.
    “A life for a life,” she said.
    Slowly, she took steps back, the gun still pointed at Felix’s forehead. She stepped back again and again, her gaze still fixated on Felix until she slowly dissapeared over the horizon.
    Once the Dragonrider was no longer in his sight, Felix rolled over, slowly crawling back to the Land Cruiser. He climbed into the seat, closed the door, and then slammed his head down on the steering wheel, and began to weep.

Thoughts?
    Very Nice. James Bondish to the very end.

I need a bigger role, though.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE

By Felixaar

Penn. Station, New York, NY
    0537, 07/11/2013

The man in the black suit stalked through the station. It was early in the morning still, and few – if any – other patrons were around. The stores were still all closed, and the ticket counters left unmanned. Aside from a few cleaning boys and a random spattering of layabout travellers, no one was around.
    The man in the black suit took a seat at one of the hard, uncomfortable, light blue plastic chairs. He stared down at the floor. Freshly cleaned. Good. It would be a long time before anyone came past here, since the cleaning boys were done with it.
    He lowered his briefcase and gently placed it on the floor, hearing a slight click as it came to rest on the linoleum floor. With gentle hands like that of a surgeons, he slowly pushed it under the seat, careful not to lift it from the ground.
    He waited at the seat some time, waiting until all who had been there when he arrived were gone, and then he calmly, quietly got up from his seat and walked a few paces away.
    Turning back around quickly, he noted that the briefcase was all but invisible before turning and calmly walking out of the station.

The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    1425, 07/11/2013

“Madame President!” he shouted as he ran down the door.
    President Alarra swept around suddenly on her chair. She had been rushed into office only a year ago, elected in a landslide as unprecedented numbers turned out to vote for the newly formed NDGAP (Nerd-Dork-Geek Alliance Party).
    “What is it?” she asked.
    “A message from a noted evil genius!” her assistant replied.
    This caught Alarra’s attention. “Which one?” she asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” he answered. He rushed over to her desk and pulled a remote, clicking it at the screen mounted over the doorway.
    “Madame President,” a hollow voice sounded from the screen. It was an almost... metallic voice, Alarra thought, and she instantly recognised it as a false voice, most likely filtered through a machine.
    “Dragonrider,” Alarra glared upwards at the screen. The small webcam beneath it blinked, allowing transmission to and from the source.
    A face appeared on the screen, sheathed in darkness. All Alarra could see was the silhouette, she could hardly tell what the Dragonrider looked like. “We should track through this fast,” that metallic voice came through again. “You don’t, after all, have much time.”
    “I have placed explosives at locations across the entire country. Locations of public transportations – train stations, bus stations, airports, you know the like – places far too busy for such small devices to be noticed.
    “At exactly eleven fifty nine PM tomorrow, they will explode – effectively halting all transportation systems in the United States of America. You can imagine the results,” the metallic voice took a quick pause.
    “Mass destruction, and, perhaps more importantly, a halt in… everything. Trade, supplies, food – all of it gone. For you see, these bombs have also been placed in every major cargo transport office – not even the trucks and highways are safe. In effect, it will be a total shut down of America.
    “You have only one option,” that metallic voice rang out. “Me. The Dragonrider. From now on you incite a ten percent tax on anything and everything that can be sold – from household groceries to huge international imports, everything. And this money goes to once place and one place only. Me.”
    Alarra gaped. “You can’t do this! We’ll stop you!”
    Alarra thought that if she could’ve seen the face, it would’ve been smirking. “You have no hope – you may, indeed, find a few of my bombs, but even if you do… the moment they are found, they will self destruct on their own. All they need is my activation codes, which will be immediately radioed to them upon disturbance – or, tomorrow night, whichever comes first. And don’t bother using any high tech hardware to search for them – without the codes; they are nothing but useless plastic and metal.”
    “We’ll stop you,” Alarra repeated, silently wondering who she was trying to convince.
    The smirk Alarra imagined on the Dragonrider’s face grew wider. “Offshore account details follow,” the hollow metallic voice rang out.
    “Ta.”

TAIL Headquarters, Location Classified
    1023, 07/12/2013

“Aargh, damn it!” Felix cursed as he landed in a roll, a smoking handgun falling to the ground from his slackened grip.
    “Missed it by a mile,” replied Double-D.
    Felix, or Agent FJ as he was known in TAIL, glared at this friend. He had just finished one of TAIL’s more advanced training exercises, and failed to hit the last target.
    “Well it’s ridiculous,” Felix said in spite. “When the hell am I ever going to have to hit a target that small? Never.”
    Double-D looked up at the target and drew a handgun, firing it in the same movement – the bullet left a smoking hole through the bullseye, which was only half an inch diameter. “You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you.”
    “Show off,” Felix told him.
    Double-D smirked, offering Felix a hand up which Felix reluctantly took.
    Double-D – or, Agent DD – was the victim of an unfortunate name that had made his identity similar to that of a bra-size. Despite Felix’s urge to giggle every time he thought about it, the two of them had worked together successfully on many missions. Double-D was quite the fellow – an expert marksman. But every agent has his quirks, and Double-D’s was an insatiable appetite for cookies.
    After only a few years serving his homeland of Australia, Felix had been approached by TAIL – the Top Agent International League. Felix still had no precise idea who was in charge of TAIL, but it was secret organisation which employed only the best of the best to keep order in the world.
    A loud beeping sound. Felix looked at the computerised bracelet around his wrist. ‘NEW MISSION. CODENAME: DRAGONSBANE. REPORT IMMEDIATELY,’ It read.
    Double-D had the same message on his wrist band.
    “Well,” Double-D said. “Time for some fun.” He holstered his hand gun.
    Felix just grinned.

“Gentlemen,” he welcomed them. Who ‘he’ was, they didn’t really know – it was always someone different, a mere representative of whoever ran TAIL. Felix and Double-D sat down in the office.
    “There is a threat to the stability of the United States of America. In approximately twenty hours, strategically based bombs are going to detonate all over the country, shutting down all methods of cargo movement and transportation.”
    “Who’s the perp?” Double-D asked.
    “The one they call the Dragonrider,” the representative said. “We’ve got no… visual idea of who he is, yet… or… well, any idea. His voice is always masked.”
    “So what’s the mission?” Felix asked.
    “You’ve got to stop this Dragonrider. The full details of his fiendish plot – or at least, those we know – are in these mission briefings,” the representative said, sliding two folders over the desk.
    “Do you know his location?” Double-D asked.
    “Yes,” the representative replied. “The signal of the message to President Alarra came from a location in coastal Oregon. It was difficult to uncover, but I think our enemy has underestimated an NDGAP president.”
    Double-D and Felix both nodded. “Anything else?”
    “Report to The Wizard on your way out,” the representative answered. “Your flight leaves in half an hour.”

“The Wizard? Honestly, do they still call me that?” Collin asked.
    Double-D grinned. “Yeah, I’m afraid so.”
    Collin shook his head. “Imbeciles,” he said. “Someday they’ll learn… if I don’t mindrape them all first.”
    Felix just shook his head. Collin was always talking about mindrape, but he had never actually seen it done.
    “So, what have you got for us?” Double-D asked.
    “First, we have, a Pen,” Collin told them, offering both Felix and Double-D a ballpoint pen.
    “Whoa,” Felix said. “High tech – you better explain to us simple cave men how it works, oh wonderful man from the future.”
    Collin just glared at him. “This is no ordinary pen, FJ. It’s filled with a rather potent flammable liquid, and the tip itself is rather, a spray nozzle. All you need to do is twist the tip all the way out…” Collin demonstrated with his own pen, “and then press this little button at the top.”
    A gout of flame shot from the pen, narrowly missing Felix (though singing a few of his long brown hairs). Collin seemed not to notice. The flame shot a good ten metres forward, however, and both Felix and Double-D were impressed.
    “Doesn’t go for too long, but it’s good for a one use,” Collin said, arbitrarily returning the pen to a long metal table. “We also have these,” Collin continued, pulling a pair of iPod’s from the table.
    “Oh good, these mission flights are always so boring,” Felix said.
    “Once again you misunderstand,” Collin shook his head. “These are complex devices, but when activated, they take out all electronic systems within a ten meter radius,” he paused. “It’s how they intend for you to stop this ‘Dragonrider’, I think, by getting close enough to destroy the machine holding her activation codes for the bombs around the country, and thus render them useless. Oh, and they have a lot of Queen music on them too,” Collin finished, handing the iPod’s over.
    Felix and Double-D took them, stashing them in their pockets and nodding solemnly.
    “And finally,” Collin continued, “a pack of Gum. I’d suggest you save them, though, as they are infact a high potency plastic explosive. The little red strip that’s always a pain in the ass to tear off is the fuse, and you will as normal be equipped with matches and lighters, and you could always light it with those pens in a pinch,” he explained. “Oh, and it’s… extra mint.”
    Double-D and Felix grinned at him, stowing the ‘gum’. Collin offered them a little wink before the two of them exited the room.

Somewhere Over the Ocean,
    1623, 07/12/2013

“Is this cliché or what?” Double-D answered, leafing through the mission briefing.
    Felix and Double-D had left the charter flight from the TAIL headquarters a while ago, and boarded an international flight flying from Tokyo to New York – the plan was to ditch the plane when the flight went over the Oregon coast.
    “I mean, this ‘Dragonrider’. No one’s ever seen his face, or heard his voice,” he sighed. “Honestly, some of these evil geniuses these days… they’re just too much into theatrics.”
    “I dunno,” Felix said. “I kind of like theatrics.”
    Double-D just shook his head, until a beep came from his bracelet.
    “Time to go,” Double-D said, standing up and marching for the planes bathroom.
    Felix sat in his seat and waited, until his wrist signalled that Double-D had successfully left the plane. He grasped the ‘lifejacket’ from under his seat, and marched purposefully into the bathroom.
    Felix quickly attached the parachute that had been disguised as a life jacket. He pressed the double-flush button the toilet, and the floor dropped out from under him, and he flew downwards, spotting a black speck that was Double-D not far below.

In the back of the flight, a broad shouldered man watched as the two agents up front both entered the toilet and never came back. He leant over and looked out the window – sure enough, two black specks far below.
    He grinned and got up, pushing his way past the other people in his row with little regard.

“This is the best part of the whole mission!” Felix shouted as he dropped down to Double-D’s level before spreading his body to slow down. “FANTASTIC!”
    Double-D just grinned at his friend, and then looked up. “Oh, hell,” he said.
    “What?” Felix turned his face up – another speck, just above them, had dropped from the plane. “Oh, boy!” Felix shouted. “What do you think buddy, sword or handgun?”
    Double-D grinned once again – Felix’s enthusiasm was indeed a sight to behold. “Listen to your heart,” he answered.
    Felix drew his shortsword with a ring and then pulled the cord on his parachute, slowing down drastically while the speck above them continued to plummet.
    With a sudden rush they crossed paths and Felix struck with his blade, but the enemy struck back, knocking Felix’s blade off course. Felix grabbed onto the enemy, who with a sudden swing severed one of his parachute ropes, and it began flapping wildly, both of them falling faster now.
    “Bastard!” Felix cried, slogging the enemy in the face. His head snapped back and he looked dazed for a moment before a sudden knee caught Felix in a place no man should be hit.
    They brawled as the plummeted to earth – the enemy pulled his parachute open and Felix latched onto him, biting his arm hard, and as they fought they quickly descended to the ground.
    “Watch out!” Double-D yelled, looking up at them from the ground. “Train!”
    But, whether they were oblivious to his warning or simply took it in their stride, Felix and the broad-shouldered enemy landed on the train.
    It rocketed along the tracks, both men cutting of their parachutes and throwing them to the side as they drew blades. Felix made the first move, thrusting at his enemies chest. The enemy stepped back, swinging his blade in a circle a knocking Felix’s aside before diving to one side and attempting a cut into Felix’s midriff. Felix narrowly dodged the attack, but then bought the flat of his blade down on his enemy’s head.
    His enemy stumbled back, now heading towards the rear of the train – Felix could see that, after the carriage they were on top of, another three carriages remained.
    With a flurry of fast attacks, Felix began to push his enemy back to the end of the train. The broad-shouldered enemy had no choice but to move back or taste Felix’s blade, and thus slowly stepped back, jumping across carriages where need be.
    But Felix’s plan backfired at the last moment – the broad-shouldered enemy ducked a high strike, and then came up again with sudden speed, knocking Felix’s blade from his hand – it flew into the fields below.
    “You will die now,” the enemy told him. As threats go, it’s not very original, Felix thought.
    Suddenly, his enemy stiffened up… and fell off the train roof.
    “My goodness that was long and pointless,” Double-D said, walking up to Felix, the barrel of his handgun smoking.
    “I had it under control!” Felix insisted.
    “Yeah, sure,” Double-D shook his head. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Look, sister! A sword!” a young boy road on a horse, his sister trailing not far behind him, also mounted. In the distance, a blade was half buried in the fields.
    The young boy leapt from his mount, and began to pull the blade from the ground. It came out with a tug, the bottom half still dirty. “Woah…” he said, as his sister pulled up behind him.
    “I’ll take that, kiddo,” said a tall stranger with curly ringlets of brown hair. “The name is Felix. I dropped that.”
    “Where from?” the kid asked defensively.
    “A train,” Felix replied.
    “Cool!” the boy said, and handed the train back to Felix.
    A tall stranger next to Felix just shook his head.
    “…I don’t suppose we could buy those horses from you, m’boy?” Felix asked, showing the young boy a sheaf of bills.
    The young boys eyes widened, and he took the money with a rather uncoordinated bow. “Come on, sissy!” he said. “We’re walking!”
    Felix just grinned. The young boy watched them as he walked away – both of the tall men mounted their horses and rode off over the hill.

1655, 07/12/2013

“Number Three hundred and twelve failed, boss,” said number twelve.
    “Hmm. Then these fools are more than just the average agents. Tighten security,” ordered that cold metallic voice.
    “Yes, boss,” number twelve answered, bowing.
    The Dragonrider was sheathed in darkness, sitting at a large chair in a room where his features were all but invisible.
    “And while you’re at it…” the cold metallic voice trailed off. “Run down to the store. Fetch more chocolate. We’re running low, by which I mean I’m running low.”
    “Yes, boss.”

Pacific City, OR
    1704 07/12/2013

“We’re not getting that one,” Double-D said.
    “Yeah, ofcourse we are! It’s perfect!” Felix said.
    Double-D and Felix stood in a Car yard in Pacific City, Oregon. They could hear the passing of cars and the soft rumble of the wind and the waves in the background as people thumped over the bridge.
    “What is it with you and Toyota Landcruisers?” Double-D asked him, shaking his head.
    “They remind me of those tanks in Warhammer 40K. Land Raiders!” Felix shouted. “They’re good cars, too.”
    Double-D just shook his head. He would’ve argued the point, but they were running low on spare time – the Dragonrider was scheduled to release the activation codes to her bombs in just under seven hours, and Felix and he hadn’t even found her lair yet. His bracelet was tracking it, but the distant was too far to reach on foot, or the horses.
    “Okay, fine, but I’m navigating,” Double-D told him. “Last time you took charge of the navigating we wound up in the Middle East.”
    “I thought that’s where the Panama Canal was!” Felix said defensively.
    Double-D just shook his head.

1847 07/12/2013

“So, how do you think we should get in?” Double-D asked.
    Felix and Double-D had arrived at the Dragonrider’s headquarters. It seemed to be made entirely of glass, a dome hidden in a valley many miles from the road.
    Felix just turned to Double-D and grinned.

“Keep an eye out, men,” Randy said, calling the henchmen to order. “Those agents are apparently coming to try and take us out. Keep security tight, and don’t let anyone in or near the place.”
    “…Sir…” one of the henchmen whimpered.
    “What is it?” Randy asked gruffly.
    The henchman raised an arm, pointing out the window.
    Randy turned around just in time to dive out of the way as the Landcruiser burst through the plate glass window/wall, sending debris everywhere as it slammed onto the floor.
    Randy hid behind a potted plant as two men jumped out of car – one with long brown ringlets, the other with short brown hair. Handguns blazed and were reloaded as they systematically took down all the henchmen in the room.
    “Whew. They weren’t so tough,” the one with the ringlets claimed.
    Randy pulled a fallen shotgun from the ground and checked the ammo clip for before jumping up from the ground, pointing the gun directly at the ringletted-man’s head.
    “I think you missed one,” Randy said.
    The ringlet-man raised his hands, and dropped his handgun. The gun bounced on the floor, suddenly firing, and shooting Randy in the leg.
    “Gah!” shouted Randy, falling back and dropping the shot gun. The other one, with short brown hair, took a quick shot that landed in Randy’s right chest.
    The two agents seemed pleased with themselves, Randy thought, slowly losing consciousness, until a team of henchmen walked up behind them placing guns to the back of their heads.

HEAD Headquarters, Prison Wing
    1932 12/07/2013

“Great Décor,” Felix said as he was roughly shoved into the cell. The henchman spat on him as he slammed the door closed on the two of them and strode off.
    “Now what?” Felix asked, roughly plonking down on the wet, cement floor.
    Double-D looked around – escape appeared almost impossible from the large, windowless room. The bars on their cell were thick and the lock was well made, but their handguns and swords were only just across from them, barely out of their reach. It suddenly clicked in his mind, though – they had the plastic explosives!
    “We have to escape,” Double-D. “We’re not dead, so that means the Dragonrider must want us for something. But I’m not sure what and I don’t think I want to find out. We need to use the gum that Collin gave us… but we need to do it without being detected,” he said. “And get these shackles off,” he added, wincing as the metal cut into his hands.
    Felix thought for a moment. “Can you reach my pen?” he asked.
    “We’re not burning the shackles off! They’re metal!” Double-D replied.
    Felix shook his head. “My regular pen. If I can take it apart I can try and use it to pick our locks.”
    Double-D shifted around to reach into Felix’s pockets and managed to retrieve a pen. He dropped it to the ground. Felix bent over and disassembled the pen before leaning down and picking up the ink-tube and pen point in his teeth.
    “Hhhkay,” he mumbled. “Hhld Sthll…”
    After a few agonizing minutes, Double-D heard a click as his shackles unlocked and dropped from his hands.
    “Sweet!” Double-D said, grabbing the ink tube from Felix and returning the favour. With both of their arms free, Felix and Double-D debated what to do next.
    “We set plastic explosives around the door,” Double-D said. “It’ll take both packets. Then I’ll use my pen to set it alight. When the door blows off we’ll have to run over and grab our weapons before any of the guards get here, then we fight out way out, find the codes, destroy them with the iPod’s, capture the Dragonrider and bust out of here.”
    Felix nodded. It wasn’t long before they had spread out the plastic explosives running both ways up along the door. Both men stepped back as Double-D pulled out his flamethrower-pen and let fly.
    The explosives let off with a massive bang and smoke was thrown into the air as they heard a sudden ‘clank’, announcing that the cell door had fallen to the ground.
    “NOW!” Double-D shouted, and he and Felix both ran through the door, grabbing their weapons from the table opposite their cell.
    The used the smoke as cover for a few moments – henchman ran from both sides, and the agents, shielded by the smoke, fired rounds in both directions, quickly taking down all charging henchman.
    Both men ran down the corridor, picking up fallen weapons on their way.

The Dragonrider’s Inner Office, HEAD Headquarters
    2012 12/07/2013

“They’ve escaped the cells, Dragonrider,” one of the henchmen said.
    He spoke only to the back of the Dragonrider’s chair. “Then catch them. And this time, don’t let them escape.”
    “I think you should learn not to delegate, Dragonrider,” said a voice from behind the chair.
    Felix and Double-D had entered the room.
    The chair span around, and both Felix and Double-D recoiled in shock as the Dragonrider’s face was thrown into light.
    “You’re… a girl…” Felix said. And quite a girl, his mind thought – he couldn’t help but noticing that she was rather beautiful, long brown curls framing a mischievous face.
    “Don’t act so surprised,” the Dragonrider said, gently stroking a cat on her lap.
    “It’s not acting,” Felix answered, and Double-D elbowed him.
    “Give it up, Dragonrider,” Double-D said, reaffirming his handgun’s position – both men pointing theres squarely at the Dragonrider. “Come peacefully now and you might get let off easily.”
    “I wish I could make you the same offer,” said a sudden voice behind them, and Felix suddenly felt the cold metal of a gun barrel against his chin and an arm grab him around the waist.
    Felix turned ever so slightly, grabbing a view of his captor – it was the man they had shot as they ‘entered’ the Dragonrider’s headquarters. He seemed to be doing fairly well, albeit a little pale.
    “I see you’ve already met Randy,” the Dragonrider said, gently placing her cat down on her chair as she got up. She drew a handgun and pointed it at Double-D before either agent could react.
    “Well, we did this one well,” Felix whimpered, almost too afraid to talk.
    “You said it,” Double-D agreed. He looked around for a moment, His gun still raised, trying to find a way out. Dejected, both men dropped their weapons.
    The Dragonrider grinned. “Now theres a pair of good boys.”

HEAD Headquarters,
    2029 12/07/2013

“Well, this is getting awfully repetitive,” Felix grumbled as he and Double-D were roughly shoved through a doorway. Quick as a match, a thick metal door closed behind them.
    Double-D looked at the door, forlorn. Even if they’d had plastic explosives left over, there was no chance they’d make it through – the door was just too thick, too strong.
    But that was not their only problem – rather, it was coming in at number two on a rather exclusive list, since the room they were in – quite small, really, was slowly filling with rising water. Double-D’s eyes shot up – the roof was of mesh, and just above it a huge rotor blade turned at speeds the human eye could not track.
    “What’re we going to do?” Felix asked, looking up at the mesh ceiling.
    Double-D shook his head. “I don’t know...” he said, taking a step forward. Suddenly, ropes shot out from the wall and wrapped around his wrists, pulling him to the wall. The same happened to Felix.
    “Gah! Hell!” Felix swore, looking around, his arms tied up.
    Double-D looked around helplessly, unable to make up his mind.
    “Alright... alright...” Double-D muttered. “Felix! Can you reach your flamethrower pen with you mouth?”
    Felix thrusted his head down, grasping at then pen clipped to his lapel. He managed to catch it in his teeth. “Mmhhm!” he grunted affirmatively as he felt the water seep up to his waist.
    “Great! Burn through your ropes!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix closed his eyes and clicked the pen button with his teeth. A gout of flame burnt through the ropes binding his wrists to the wall, and he felt a burst of red hot pain as it burnt up his arm.
    “Sorry, man, but it had to...” Double-D said as Felix fell into the water. Felix nodded, shoving his arm deep under. A red mist spread into the water from the burn.
    “Now, grab my iPod and see if you can use it to short curcuit the program keeping the door locked down!” Double-D shouted.
    Felix ran over to Double-D and grabbed the iPod from his shirt pocket. With a few quick clicks of its buttons, a radio wave emitted from the little device, and there was a click at the door.
    “Can you lift it?” Double-D asked – the water was now rising to his chest. Felix dived deep into the water and swam for the bottom of the door, biting back the pain of the burn, his eyes wide and his vision blurred under the water.
    He pushed his fingers under the door edge, barely managing to wedge them in. He heaved with all his strength, barely managing to lift it more than a foot. Water rushed out the door, but it was still coming into fast, and them room continued to fill, albeit slowly.
    Felix managed to prop the door open with a shoe, and swam to the top. The water was up to their shoulders now. “I can get it high enough to get out,” Felix said.
    Double-D nodded. “I dont suppose they left a knife on you?”
    Felix felt at his pockets. “No...”
    Double-D looked away briefly, then turned back to Felix’s face, his eyes as hard as steel. “Go. Get out while you can. Whatever you propped that up wont last for long.”
    “But... but how do you get out?” Felix asked.
    “I don’t, Felix. I think this is the end of the ride for me,” Double-D said.
    “No! No way! I’ll... I’ll chew through the ropes!” Felix shouted, and began to wade towards his friend.
    “By the time you do that, we’ll both have drowned. Get. Out. Now,” Double-D gritted his teeth, glaring at Felix.
    “The hell I will,” Felix said and continued wading through the water towards Double-D.
    “Then you leave me no choice,” Double-D said. He raised his leg above the water, now at neck height, and slammed Felix a sudden kick into the head.
    With the amazing strength in Double-D’s leg, Felix was suddenly shot back through the water. He rolled to the floor, and span out under the small gap he had raised in the door. His foot caught on the shoe and it came free, and both Felix and his detatched shoe fell out of the room, and the door slammed closed.
    “NO!” Felix shouted, hammering on the door, but he knew it was too late. “Dallas...” he groaned, falling limp against the door.
    It was only a gun shot whizzing past his head that pulled Felix from his grief. Felix ducked and grabbed a pistol from a table across the hall, and with a quick shot, dispatched the one inept guard who had been assinged to watch his death cell.
    Purposefully, and with the memory of his murdered comrade in his mind, Felix purpousely marched down the hallway, grabbing the fallen man’s shot gun as he went.

HEAD Headquarters,
    2202 12/07/2013

“President Alarra is sending a message, Madame,” Randy said, bowing deeply as he reached the Dragonrider. His blonde hair swished as he bowed.
    “Excellent. Put it on the screen, and dim the lights,” the Dragonrider ordered, crossing her fingers, an impish grin on her face.
    Randy nodded as he raised to his feet. Despite the shot wounds in his leg and chest, he seemed to be doing pretty well, the Dragonrider noted as Randy clicked at a few controls. The lights in the room went almost completely off, and a visage of President Alarra appeared on the giant flat screen above her.
    “So nice of you to call back, Madame President,” the Dragonrider said, her voice once again translated into that hollow metallic ring.
    “I made your order, but it wasn’t easy,” Alarra grumped, glaring at what the Dragonrider knew was just a shillouette to her.
    “I’m not interested in the red tape and bueracracy of your government, Madame President. I’m just glad it’s done. Now...” she paused. “You have until midnight to deliver it to the world. Ciao.”
    “What?” the President asked.
    “Oh, I think you heard me perfectly well,” the Dragonrider said, and the screen went blank again, the lights turning up.
    “You should really lose the theatrics, Dragonrider,” Felix said, marching in, a shotgun held high.

“Maybe if you didn’t insist on turning those lights off, you would have seen my approach.”
    With a sudden shot, Randy’s head exploded into a red mist, and Felix pulled back the catch on the shotgun, and this time aimed it at the Dragonrider herself.
    She just grinned at him. “You think your so clever, dont you, little agent? That you’ve got it all figured out, that you’re safe...” she shook her head. “Your wrong. You can’t stop this. Whether Madame President obeys my orders or not, those bombs are still going to go off at midnight. Those activation codes are all ready to go...”
    The Dragonrider squeezed a button on the remote she held.
    “And now they’ll go in... one minute, I’d say.” A big green counter flashed up onto the flat screen above them, beginning at 1:00 and counting down... :59, :58, :57... “And this little button...” The Dragonrider pressed another button.
    Felix pulled his finger against the trigger of the shotgun, but didn’t quite fire it.
    “Synchronises the bombs place all around my headquarters to that of the ones all over the country. And, the last little trick up my sleeve...” she grinned, and pressed another button.
    With sudden speed, her chair shot up in a burst of flame, lifting the Dragonrider out of the room. The glass roof shattered, and it flew out of range.
    As if taking a que, bullets flew from all directions. Felix retaliated with deadly force, dropping the shotgun and pulling a pair of automatic weapons which tore through the Dragonrider’s forces.
    Suddenly, a man fell from the roof and landed on Felix. Felix pulled a handgun, shooting the man in the head before trying to push him off, but to no avail.
    Trapped under the corpse, Felix looked up at the screen – only twenty one seconds remained and they were dissapearing fast. The Dragonrider’s forces courage had broken and they had all begun trying to scramble for freedom.
    The automatic guns had run out of bullets, but Felix spotted the tiny red button that would shut down the bombs over the country side.
    Felix squinted, pulling his handgun, and pointing it at the button. He still could not move the body atop him, and shook his head, resigned to taking the shot.
    You just gotta take your time, relax, and let it come to you... Double-D’s voice echoed in Felix’s head. He tuned out, slowly, the alarm fading from his ears, and the screams, the blinking green timer, all of them stopped being important. Nothing remained but him, the button, the gun, a bullet, and the void between them all.
    His finger pulled back. The trigger clicked. The bullet, as if in slow motion, left the gun barrel with a burst of light, and slowly trailed through the sky. It split the red plastic of the button, shoving it deep in, and the countdown timer dissapeared from the screen.
    On a burst of adrenaline, Felix pushed the body off him and jumped to his feet. He quickly pulled his iPod from his back pocket and with a few quick button pushes, a radio wave shot throughout the room, and the computer containing the activation codes for the bombs placed around the country crashed irrevocably, leaving those bombs as little more than cases of metal and plastic and a few dangerous liquids, the threat to the American people succesfully averted.
    But the alarm signalling the imminent self destruction of the Dragonrider’s headquaters still rang true.
    “Ten seconds till self destruction,” rang out a female voice, confirming Felix’s fear – the codes that would destroy the building and kill him were in a seperate computer, and had not been in range of his iPods destructive powers.
    Felix looked around, and glanced up at the hole in the roof the Dragonrider had made. There was no way out. He sat down on the floor, resigned to his fate.
    That was, until, he saw a familliar vehicle in the corner of the room...

The Cliff Above HEAD Headquarters,
    2221, 12/07/2013

The Dragonrider had ditched the jet-chair when it landed on the cliff above her doomed headquaters. Her watch kept her abreast of when it would explode, and she stood, watching.
    A half second before the entire glass dome went up in flames, a Land Crusier shot from the top of the building, propelled up into the sky and landing near her on the cliff.
    At the exact moment that the Land Cruiser’s tyres touched the cliff, the bombs place around her headquarters went off, and there was an echoing cacophony of shattering glass as a plume of fire shot up into the sky.
    The Dragonrider had no time to admire this, however, as from the Land Cruiser leapt that damned agent, Felix, his short sword drawn. The Dragonrider drew her own and prepared for battle.

Felix leapt forward, thrusting the blade at the Dragonrider’s chest. She deftly dodged, spinning the her blade around to slice at Felix’s neck. Felix dipped his blade to block her strike, and ducked under it. He span his blade around again, this time aiming for her gut.
    The Dragonrider stepped back again, avoiding the blow but moving inevitably toward the edge of the cliff. Felix saw his chance and lunged forward again, aiming for her heart, but she once again shirked to the side, dodging his blade.
    Felix lunged forward once again with much brutality, and the Dragonrider stepped back – falling. She grabbed onto the cliff ledge as she fell, and her blade fell harmlessly to the ground below. With both hands gripping to cliff ledge, she looked up at Felix.
    Felix stared into her deep brown eyes, and he couldn’t help once again noting her breath-taking beauty. She stared up at him, her eyes pleading.
    “I’ll never forgive myself for this,” Felix said.
    Just as her fingers slipped from the cliff he shot his arm down, grabbing her hand, and with what little strength remained in his hands, flung her behind him and she landed roughly on the ground behind.
    Felix panted heavily as he lay, his hands hanging over the cliff ledge. His attention was caught when he heard the click of a loading gun behind him.
    He rolled over and looked up. The Dragonrider was poiting a handgun as his face. Dust covered her face and her long brown curls, and a trickle of blood ran down the side of her head. Her eyes were wild, frenzied, but still focused directly on him.
    “Oh, you bitch,” Felix said, breathing heavily.
    “A life for a life,” she said.
    Slowly, she took steps back, the gun still pointed at Felix’s forehead. She stepped back again and again, her gaze still fixated on Felix until she slowly dissapeared over the horizon.
    Once the Dragonrider was no longer in his sight, Felix rolled over, slowly crawling back to the Land Cruiser. He climbed into the seat, closed the door, and then slammed his head down on the steering wheel, and began to weep.

Thoughts?
    Sa-weet!

Ripe for sequels, too.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

You were a cameo, Frigs.

And yes... sequelisitc ideas are already squiriming around in the mass of congealed spaghetti that is my brain.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

>>

I liked it...

*goes back to lurking*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

I love how we shippers tend to work in "shifts." You get the same people on at the same time of day. Its always such a joy to get on the next day and see something posted from someone you normally don't chat with all day.

Bravo, Felixaar! I know I had all day to say it, but it took a moment of peace at home and away from work for me to fully appreciate your work!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Well, this thread is...quiet today.
    So...
    Whisper, Part Five
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai was taken aback. "You...how...?"

Brandelle shook her head and shrugged. "I don't know, but it was you. You came and whispered such sweet things to me, promised to save me."

Mordokai nodded slowly. "In my dreams, you asked for my help, begged me to hurry. Such urgency - I had to come. But you looked...different. Long hair, more..." He struggled to find a better word than "curvy" and settled with tracing a woman's silhouette in the air.

Brandelle blushed and hugged her knees, then scooted away from the wall, closer to Mordokai. "That sounds like me...a while ago. As you can see, things have changed." Embarrassed, she ran her fingers through her short, choppy hair.

Mordokai noticed again how thin she was, almost unhealthy-looking. "Brandelle, from what do you require saving?" The girl looked down, her eyes fearful for the first time - they were just as he remembered from his dream. "Has someone harmed you?"

At first Brandelle refused to answer, her cheeks red, her eyes averted to the floor. Mordokai moved close, sat on the bed next to her. He reached for her and she cringed, but then calmed herself. Gently, he took her chin in his hand and turned her face to his. His eyes searched her face, then locked onto her eyes. She looked back, eyes glistening with unshed tears. Gingerly, the paladin leaned close and pressed his lips to her forehead. He pulled back and met her eyes again. "So help me, by my oath as a paladin of Sune, so long as I am near, no one will harm you again."

Brandelle uttered a choked sob and, without warning, flung herself at Mordokai. She buried her face in the warmth of his chest, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. He sat, stoic, then wrapped her in his arms and held her, just held her, while she cried. He could feel warm wet spots where her tears dampened his shirt.

When she had recovered, Brandelle pulled away, wiping at her eyes with her sleeve. "Do you mean it?" The paladin nodded solemnly. "It's the innkeeper. He...he..." She took a deep breath. "He told me that if I wanted to work here, I had to sign a contract. I...can't read. Afterwards, he told me that I belonged to him, that he owned me for life. When I protested, he cut my hair..." She fingered the boyish locks again. "And he beat me. Then he started feeding me only once every other day. And he...he...made me do things..." She shuddered.

Mordokai, realizing what she meant, stood, filled with a sudden uncontrollable rage. "Brandelle, child, you are coming with me. There is nothing more detestable, more vile, more...I cannot stay here, and neither will you." When she opened her mouth to protest, he held a finger to her lips, silencing her. "No one owns you. Do you understand?" She nodded, her eyes filling with tears again. "And no one has the right to treat you that way. Now, do you have any personal belongings, anything to collect before leaving?" Brandelle shook her head. "Good, then we need waste no time." The paladin stood, kissed her forehead once more, then started redressing in his armor. When he was finished, he took her hand, then stepped to the door of his small room, his hand pausing on the knob. "Ready?" She nodded once more. "Then let's go."

Next chapter - paladin be kicking some serious arse!
    Excellent, again, Dirk.

And I can't wait for the next segment. Does a soul good to get in on a good spot o' violence. Especially if it's for a 'good' cause.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I love how we shippers tend to work in "shifts." You get the same people on at the same time of day. Its always such a joy to get on the next day and see something posted from someone you normally don't chat with all day.

Bravo, Felixaar! I know I had all day to say it, but it took a moment of peace at home and away from work for me to fully appreciate your work!
    Shifts.....Shifts?

Huh?

I don't work with no shifts.....

Also, Felix, I loved it! And very James Bond-ish as said before, and as also said before, I want sequels! I loved how you wrote me in a James Bond fashion and I want it aaagaaain! Pwease? Pwweeaaaaase?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Everyone.
    and Look both ways

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

Next segment, a short one before getting back into the heavy action of the adaption.

Ghost Warlock and the (Un)Holy Grail, Part Two (Interlude)
    Cobra_Ikari/ghost_warlock/Happyturtle
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Hm. Would be better chilled,” Ghost said as he sipped his coffee-with-coconut-milk-in. He pointed a finger into the mug and blasted the liquid with an icy ray. He took another sip. “Much better!”

Turtle sat across the small room from him, idly spreading butter on a catmuffin sitting in her lap. The catmuffin purred as Turtle watched Ghost with a quizzical expression on her face. “That’s what you use your powers for? When you’re not burning down villages, I mean.”

He shrugged. “I’m a utilitarian at heart.”

“Uh-huh. And who are you, exactly.”

“I told you, I’m the Ghost Warlock, a ghostbreaker.”

“That’s your title; I meant what’s your name?”

“I’d really rather not say.”

“You agreed to answer my questions.”

“But I didn’t agree to forgo all privacy. The title’s enough information for your purposes.”

“And how do you know my ‘purposes?”

“Look, we both know that the only part of my story that really concerns you is the relationship between Rabbit and Mordokai. You apparently love him and she’s a threat to his safety, I get it. But she thinks he’s dead so what does it matter? Sure, I’m sure he won’t keep a low profile for long, paladins are really bad at that, but I’m sure, well I hope, that he won’t be stupid enough to give her an opportunity like that again. I’m just passing through all of this and what necromancers do to paladins doesn’t really concern me.”

“Yeah, you’re only interested in the Grail. And why do you want it?”

“I already told you that, too, I want it for…”

“A friend, yes,” she interrupted him. “What does your friend want it for?”

“Once again, I’d prefer not to say.”

“Tough.”

He sighed. “I think it may hold the key to helping her with a problem she has. She’s very ill, you see. I’m hoping the Grail will be able to save her.”

“By giving her invulnerability, immortality, and who knows what else?”

“Something like that, yes.”

“And you don’t think it’d be a better idea to see a healer? With your powers I know that money can’t be the problem.”

“No, healers can’t help her. Even if they could, she wouldn’t see them. Something of a personal distrust, you see.”

“So she sent you on this crazy quest to seek a possibly nonexistent, evil artifact that just might be able to help her?”

“Not exactly, I took it upon myself after exhausting the other possibilities.”

“And I gather one of these possibilities had to do with threatening Mordokai, then accidentally saving him?”

“Well, to be perfectly honest, that was for personal amusement. All work and no play makes Ghost a dull boy.” He winked. “Paladins are so funny when they get riled up.”

“You were pretty funny, yourself, when you were getting chased around by Cobra and the catmuffins.”

Ghost scowled.

“Did someone say my name?” Cobra asked, hurrying into the room. He’d managed to wash off most of the make-up but still wore the dress.

“Just in passing, dear,” Turtle said. “I was talking with Ghost about his plans.”

“Oh,” Cobra said, looking a little crestfallen. “Well, just as well you two get friendly-like. You’re going to be spending some time together the next few days.”

“What?” They asked in unison.

“Oh, yes. Since he went and killed Sir Bedemir saving you, someone needs to stand in for the knight to help search for the Grail. The king needs his knights, after all.” Cobra explained. “I figure that, since you were introduced in the same scene, you’re a good choice, Turtle.”

“I’m not a king,” said Ghost, almost automatically by now.

“And I’m not really sure I want to help him…” Turtle objected.

“Well, I’ve got stuff to do; preparing for Scene 32. I suppose you don’t have to help him, but I can’t have you hanging around here. You can stay the night but I need you to both leave in the morning.” Cobra said.

“But, I’m supposed to be visiting you for vacation! I just got here!” Turtle protested.

“I’m not sure I really want her hanging around,” Ghost said.

“I’m sorry, you two, but you can only argue so much with the script. Someone needs to go with him and I’m busy with other roles.” Cobra said, matter-of-fact. “Now go get some rest. You’ve got a busy day tomorrow, starting with a meeting with the old man in Scene 24.”

Cobra shook his forefinger at them and walked briskly out of the room.

“I can’t believe we’re getting bossed around by a guy in a dress.” Ghost said.

“Well, it is his castle. Oh well,” Turtle said. “I do admit that I’m a bit curious where all of this will lead; if the Grail is even real.”

She dislodged the catmuffin from her lap and stood. “Good night, Ghost,” she said, heading for her room.

“Good night, Turtle,” he replied.

Finally alone save the catmuffins, Ghost slid down off his chair and relaxed on the floor. Snagging a nearby catmuffin – of the unbuttered variety – he forced it into service as a pillow for a few minutes before it managed to wiggle itself free, miawing. Unwilling to face a similar fate, the other catmuffins steered clear of him as he drifted off into dream.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-30 at 07:31 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Next segment, a short one before getting back into the heavy action of the adaption.

Ghost Warlock and the (Un)Holy Grail, Part 2 (Interlude)
    Cobra_Ikari/ghost_warlock/Happyturtle
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Hm. Would be better chilled,” Ghost said as he sipped his coffee-with-coconut-milk-in. He pointed a finger into the mug and blasted the liquid with an icy ray. He took another sip. “Much better!”

Turtle sat across the small room from him, idly spreading butter on a catmuffin sitting in her lap. The catmuffin purred as Turtle watched Ghost with a quizzical expression on her face. “That’s what you use your powers for? When you’re not burning down villages, I mean.”

He shrugged. “I’m a utilitarian at heart.”

“Uh-huh. And who are you, exactly.”

“I told you, I’m the Ghost Warlock, a ghostbreaker.”

“That’s your title; I meant what’s your name?”

“I’d really rather not say.”

“You agreed to answer my questions.”

“But I didn’t agree to forgo all privacy. The title’s enough information for your purposes.”

“And how do you know my ‘purposes?”

“Look, we both know that the only part of my story that really concerns you is the relationship between Rabbit and Mordokai. You apparently love him and she’s a threat to his safety, I get it. But she thinks he’s dead so what does it matter? Sure, I’m sure he won’t keep a low profile for long, paladins are really bad at that, but I’m sure, well I hope, that he won’t be stupid enough to give her an opportunity like that again. I’m just passing through all of this and what necromancers do to paladins doesn’t really concern me.”

“Yeah, you’re only interested in the Grail. And why do you want it?”

“I already told you that, too, I want it for…”

“A friend, yes,” she interrupted him. “What does your friend want it for?”

“Once again, I’d prefer not to say.”

“Tough.”

He sighed. “I think it may hold the key to helping her with a problem she has. She’s very ill, you see. I’m hoping the Grail will be able to save her.”

“By giving her invulnerability, immortality, and who knows what else?”

“Something like that, yes.”

“And you don’t think it’d be a better idea to see a healer? With your powers I know that money can’t be the problem.”

“No, healers can’t help her. Even if they could, she wouldn’t see them. Something of a personal distrust, you see.”

“So she sent you on this crazy quest to seek a possibly nonexistent, evil artifact that just might be able to help her?”

“Not exactly, I took it upon myself after exhausting the other possibilities.”

“And I gather one of these possibilities had to do with threatening Mordokai, then accidentally saving him?”

“Well, to be perfectly honest, that was for personal amusement. All work and no play makes Ghost a dull boy.” He winked. “Paladins are so funny when they get riled up.”

“You were pretty funny, yourself, when you were getting chased around by Cobra and the catmuffins.”

Ghost scowled.

“Did someone say my name?” Cobra asked, hurrying into the room. He’d managed to wash off most of the make-up but still wore the dress.

“Just in passing, dear,” Turtle said. “I was talking with Ghost about his plans.”

“Oh,” Cobra said, looking a little crestfallen. “Well, just as well you two get friendly-like. You’re going to be spending some time together the next few days.”

“What?” They asked in unison.

“Oh, yes. Since he went and killed Sir Bedemir saving you, someone needs to stand in for the knight to help search for the Grail. The king needs his knights, after all.” Cobra explained. “I figure that, since you were introduced in the same scene, you’re a good choice, Turtle.”

“I’m not a king,” said Ghost, almost automatically by now.

“And I’m not really sure I want to help him…” Turtle objected.

“Well, I’ve got stuff to do; preparing for Scene 32. I suppose you don’t have to help him, but I can’t have you hanging around here. You can stay the night but I need you to both leave in the morning.” Cobra said.

“But, I’m supposed to be visiting you for vacation! I just got here!” Turtle protested.

“I’m not sure I really want her hanging around,” Ghost said.

“I’m sorry, you two, but you can only argue so much with the script. Someone needs to go with him and I’m busy with other roles.” Cobra said, matter-of-fact. “Now go get some rest. You’ve got a busy day tomorrow, starting with a meeting with the old man in Scene 24.”

Cobra shook his forefinger at them and walked briskly out of the room.

“I can’t believe we’re getting bossed around by a guy in a dress.” Ghost said.

“Well, it is his castle. Oh well,” Turtle said. “I do admit that I’m a bit curious where all of this will lead; if the Grail is even real.”

She dislodged the catmuffin from her lap and stood. “Good night, Ghost,” she said, heading for her room.

“Good night, Turtle,” he replied.

Finally alone save the catmuffins, Ghost slid down off his chair and relaxed on the floor. Snagging a nearby catmuffin – of the unbuttered variety – he forced it into service as a pillow for a few minutes before it managed to wiggle itself free, miawing. Unwilling to face a similar fate, the other catmuffins steered clear of him as he drifted off into dream.
    You know... I didn't open the spoiler.....I just started imagining what kind of threesome that'd be like....

Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Firbolg in the Playground

Curly humbly demands a part or something in your sequel, if there's to be one. Preferably something evil.

Note: page 20 is coming up. This is archive update number two. Any changes/things you want to be added to your fics as titles or whatever please state so now.
    And especially for the I Still Love You series it'd be nice if every fic intended for this series expressly stated it before the story title. You know who I'm talking to, yes, you.
    I'll also take anything even vaguely related to that series as intended for it, so if you've only done a similar fic/one based on it and don't want it collected in a new spoiler please say so.
    [/admin]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    You know... I didn't open the spoiler.....I just started imagining what kind of threesome that'd be like....

One that...breaks the 4th wall?
    *resists the urge to link to a particular strip of the ma3 webcomic*

@V: Hm...I'll see what I can do to fit you in. I can just about imagine Cobra's expression: "What!? Where did you come from? You're not in the script!"
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-27 at 09:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588

I want a part on GW's epic fic-story-thing! Dirk or Brandi, whatever.[/pouty voice]

And for the, *ahem*, much awaited violence...
    Whisper, Part Six
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai led the way down the hallway to the stairs. Brandelle trailed behind him, her bangs pushed back from her fore head in the breeze created by their speed. She kept her eyes locked on his hand, surrounding her wrist, and she smiled, despite the situation. As they descended, however, she tried to pull away. Mordokai turned and shook his head once before continuing. Brandelle bit her lip and followed.

At the bottom of the stairs they found themselves in the common room. The innkeeper spotted them and sneered. Brandelle cringed. Mordokai released her. "Please go outside and wait for me. Do not come back in here, alright? No matter what." The girl nodded and fled out the front door, the innkeep's beady eyes trailing her the whole way. He was a short man, hair most everywhere BUT his head. His thick, bushy eyebrows looked like small animals cowering on his face. His head shone with grease, his few remaining teeth brown and crooked. He had thick fingers like sausages and had the most revolting habit of constantly licking his lips and drooling a little.

The innkeeper turned his gaze onto the young paladin and snorted loudly. "Ya know that's me property, right? Ya can't just take her - ya gots to pay."

Mordokai grit his teeth together and leaned close to the man. "By what right do you call her your own?" The man cackled and dug under the bar for a moment and came up with a crumpled, greasy wad of paper. The paladin snatched the page away and read it slowly, struggling with the scratchy letters. His hand trembled with rage, increasing the difficulty. "This reads - I own you. You work for me for the rest of your life. You do anything I say. - and this mark? What is this?"

The man leaned closer and grinned. "That's her name - she signed."

Mordokai shook his head and held the page in his face, practically under his nose. "You knew she couldn't read, and you capitalized on it? Made her sign this and treated her like...like dirt?"

The man chortled. "If she couldn't read it, she shouldn'ta signed it. Too bad for her. But don't worry, lad. I'll take real good care of her, just like always. Now, I've got to go get that little wench and put her back to work - she's been lazin' about too long already." He moved to step around the bar, leaving Mordokai clutching the "contract".

The paladin stepped to block his path. "Sir, what you have done is both cruel and dishonorable. I will ask you, only once, to stop at once with this charade of ownership. Let the girl leave with me and she will trouble you no more."

The man looked up at Mordokai, surprised. "Are you outta your mind, lad? No, she ain't goin' nowhere. That little scrawny piece of tail is mine to do whatever I want. And ain't you or nobody gonna stop me." He shoved Mordokai hard. Caught off-guard, Mordokai stumbled a few steps.

A mistake.

As the man walked past him, Mordokai grabbed a handful of what hair was left on his head and yanked. The man uttered a high-pitched squeal of anger and pain and turned - right into the paladin's gauntleted fist. He dropped to his knees, bright vermillion blood spurting from his nose. "What the hell do you think you're doin? I'll kill you, you son of a bi-" He was interrupted by another sharp blow to the face, leaving him stunned.

Mordokai knelt, his cold demeanor hiding the wave of rage boiling inside. "Sir, you have just threatened my life. I am now authorized to use whatever force I see fit to defend myself. Now, I would suggest handing me that contract, forgetting the girl's face and mine, and letting it go. Else you won't have to worry about wiping that blood off your face - someone will have to wipe your sorry carcass off the floor. So, do we have an understanding?"

The man stared, wide-eyed. He grimaced and threw the contract at the paladin, trying to bluff and bluster his way back into some sort of pride. "Here, take the little trollop. And I never want to see yer lousy mug in here again!" He started to pick himself up from the floor, crawling backwards, away from the paladin.

Mordokai took the paper, read it again, then walked over to the fireplace and tossed it in. He watched it burn with a slow, mirthless smile. When he was finished, he walked out the front door as if nothing had happened.

He found Brandelle idling outside a nearby shop, eyeing the dresses inside. Mordokai smiled and placed a gentle hand at the small of her back. "Everything's alright now, child. Let's find somewhere more suited for us." Brandelle smiled and reached back to take his hand in hers. Mordokai gave it a squeeze and led the way, heading for a better part of town to stay in. As he walked, he tried his best to ignore the nagging voice in his head. What's happened to you, man? You never were so cold. Maybe you and Rabbit were more alike than you like to think...
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Loved that chapter, Dirk! Keep 'em coming!

For now, its time for....

MAT Squad Journals

Chapter 5: The Siege of the Prodigy

Starring: Randman22222, Ghost_Warlock, Mauve-Shirt
    Appearances by: CurlyKitGirl, Cristo_Meyers, and Mangosta

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4

Part 1:

Spoiler
    Show

“This is Master Allarum to all flights. Zeethers will run strafing attacks against the carrier’s deck guns. Zuchi pilots will tackle their fighters,” Ghost Warlock said over the Ultec Radio

“For the Triumvirate!” All of Ghost Warlock’s pilots called in unison, as were the regulations for engaging in battle.

“On my mark we will break formation and engage the enemy,” Ghost Warlock said. He was flying his Zuchi fighter, custom fitted with a more powerful thruster and better inertial compensators. To make a statement to his hated enemies he had used his social status to go against military regulations and paint his fighter a blood red.

The target, a lone carrier, was still some distance away. Ghost Warlock knew that by now his flights had surely been spotted. Zeethers were heavily armed and had a three trenal crew, but they were sluggish and easy targets for the incredibly nimble Cheetahs. As much as Ghost Warlock hated them, he had to confess that human engineering was second to none.

Ghost Warlock’s flight rounded a large meteor and the enemy target, a behemoth of a vessel, came fully into view. He didn’t have time to gawk, but a small bead of sweat appeared on his forehead.

“Master Allarum, I have several small targets on my long range scanner. Cheetahs, coming in fast,” Ghost Warlock’s second in command, said.

“Very well,” Ghost Warlock said, then to the rest of his pilots. “All flights, break and attack, but stick to the plan.”

While the Cheetah was faster and more maneuverable, it didn’t hold a saxta lighting stick to the firepower that a Zuchi possessed. All Ghost Warlock needed was a cool head and steady trigger finger. He checked his weapon systems again to verify that everything was in working order.

“Plasma blasters, check. Nega-charge Bomb, check,” Ghost Warlock’s tactical computer said to him.

He smiled. Humans relied far too much on their “Missiles” which required little actual skill to use. The only thing it did do was render a pilot useless once their supply was exhausted. Blaster cannons were reliable, and the power cell rarely ran out.

The bomb was another little modification that Ghost Warlock had personally made. He wanted to be as versatile and have as many ways to attack the enemy as was possible. With the Nega Bomb, he could at least make one deadly attack on the carrier directly. Such weapons were banned ages ago, but many still circulated on the black market. He had his mechanic install it in secret the night before the launch.

The humans were still distant and already had unleashed their first volley. Uncounted missiles streaked towards Ghost Warlock’s position.

“All flights, begin evasive maneuvers,” Ghost Warlock said, though he knew he didn’t need to remind his pilots of the need. His flyers responded in turn and started twisted and rolling their flight patterns.

Still, the human’s aim had gotten better since the war had started, and several of his Zuchis and even a handful of Zeethers had been hit. He watched the floating debris drift aimlessly through space. There was nothing that he could do about them now.

“Get in close, once the first wave of fighters is dealt with. Then we move on the target.”

In the worst scenario a Zuchi attack would only withstand two missile volleys before being able to get in range for their Plasma blasters to be effective. And it looked like they weren’t moving fast enough, because Ghost Warlock could see another volley heading their way. Ghost Warlock knew that every explosion around him confirmed the loss of another brave and loyal trenal pilot.

Each one would be avenged. Ghost Warlock picked his first target. “Down you go,” Ghost Warlock muttered. He caught the hapless human flying perpendicular to his flight path and strafed a burst of hot plasma directly across the fuselage of the enemy fighter. It exploded as Ghost Warlock flew by, much to his satisfaction. That was number twenty four.

With a quick deceleration and a sharp twist of the control rod, Ghost Warlock was able to turn completely around. He still drifted backwards but reactivating the main thrusters solved that situation quickly.

Still, apparently the brief pause had been enough for a lucky human to get a lock on his craft.

Ghost Warlock glanced in the viewfinder to his right. The device was attached to several sensors located at strategic points on the Zuchi so that the pilot inside could see in all directions at any given time. He could see a Cheetah weaving and dodging the circling fighters but was definitely pursuing Ghost Warlock.

“Let’s see what you have,” Ghost Warlock said to himself. He braced himself, waiting for the person behind him to make the first move.

In the viewfinder Ghost Warlock could see a missile detach from the Cheetah and ignite, zooming towards him. The Cheetah, seemingly content with the attack, pulled away to fight somewhere else.

Ghost Warlock sped up, but could still see the deadly warhead quickly gaining on him. There was not much he could do. However, he had an idea.

Ghost Warlock quickly performed the same quick turn maneuver as he had before, now he was facing the incoming missile. But instead of engaging his main thruster to go forward, he let himself drift backwards at almost full speed.

Ghost Warlock was quickly pushed forward against his safety restraints, which buried deep into his uniform and cut into his soft, rubbery flesh.

He gritted his teeth in pain but still managed to open fire with his blaster cannons. The first burst sailed clear over the target. Ghost Warlock grunted, adjusted his aim, and fired again.

This time the burst briefly brushed against the missile and sparks sprayed out in a rainbow of color. Still the missile would not err in its course towards Ghost Warlock.

Now he really began to sweat. He gripped the control rod so tight that he felt all the blood rushing from his hands. “Steady, steady,” he grumbled. He took aim once more and closed his eyes. He fired one last time.

He opened his eyes and looked up too see his canopy bathed in orange and red fire. In an instance the color was gone, and so was the missile. A few chunks of debris crashed into his nose.

Ghost Warlock sighed and continued forward. The human fighters were now retreating back towards the carrier. “All flights, pursue them. Zeether flights, make ready for your attack run.”

The flight of Zuchis continued towards their objective. He couldn’t see anymore enemy squadrons coming out of the carrier. A smile formed on Ghost Warlock’s face.

A fierce, nearby explosion buffeted Ghost Warlock’s ship, forcing him to spin wildly. He heard a pained cry over the Ultec that abruptly ended in static.

Trying to ignore the incessant emergency honking from his navigational computer, Ghost Warlock started to pull his control rod in the opposite direction of the spin. With the help of his inertial thrusters, he was able to right himself. What had happened?

In immediate response to his thought came the answer. “human squadron, coming in on our left. I don’t know where they came from,” someone yelled.

Ghost Warlock and his flight quickly turned to meet the new threat. “Zeethers, I want you to continue the attack on the carrier, we will be back shortly.”

The bombers slowly flew away from the melee in compliance.

Ghost Warlock looked forward and one of the new arrivals streaked directly across his nose. With a grin Ghost Warlock started to squeeze on the trigger, but stopped when he got a full view of the Cheetah in front of him. The side of the craft had a black fox emblazoned on the fuselage.

For the first time since the war had stared, Ghost Warlock couldn’t open fire. It had finally happened, he was now facing his old comrades.

The Black Foxes didn’t seem to have the same difficulty of conscience. A burst of pulse energy scorched his left wing. The assailant zipped by Ghost Warlock, close enough for him to read the name below the cockpit. “Mangosta...” Ghost Warlock muttered to himself.

Ghost Warlock knew that he had to fight back. Yet somehow his hands and fingers refused to budge. He was still flying forward at full speed, not even turning to evade the barrage.

Mangosta swooped around and fired again. He must have been in a hurry, because this burst sailed clear above Ghost Warlock. Mangosta never was as good a pilot as he would have liked everyone to think.

If he stayed there, he knew that he was as good as scrap. He focused on Mangosta, trying not to think of Randman. Mangosta had been the most vocal in support of secession. He was the enemy. He was the one that needed to be destroyed.

With renewed purpose, Ghost Warlock gripped the controls tightly and quickly veered to his right.

Mangosta flew on past, apparently not expecting such a move because Ghost Warlock easily came up behind the Russian.

“Farewell, Captain Mangosta,” Ghost Warlock said, fully appreciating the irony of the moment.

Ghost Warlock’s shot scored a direct hit on Mangosta’s wing and with enough intensity to blow it completely away. The crippled Cheetah, losing essential inertial thrusters, lost all control and began flying in wildly random patterns. Eventually Ghost Warlock saw the glassteel canopy fling open and a small pod launch out, hurtling off into the stars.

“Great shot, master,” a pilot said.

Soon after Mangosta had abandoned his craft, the rest of the Black Foxes started to withdraw back to the carrier.

“Continue the pursuit, we must destroy them all,” Ghost Warlock said over the Ultec.

A series of small orange and blue orbs of fire began to engulf the carrier in the distance. The Zeethers had begun their bombardment.

Ghost Warlock remembered his Nega-bomb and decided that it was time to make use of it. With no further opposition, Ghost Warlock and the remainder of his flight silently headed towards their target to finish the engagement and win for themselves total victory.

Part 2:

Spoiler
    Show

Randman was confused as hell, he couldn’t get Mikhail to answer him on the comm unit and the entire squadron was beating a frantic retreat. He felt a sickening pit in his stomach that he couldn’t ignore. While Mikhail was out of communication, he was in command of Gamma wing.

“Gamma wing, status report,” Randman said finally.

“This is Red, flying strong,” Cristo said.

“Inari reporting,” CurlyKitGirl said.

“Where’s Grey Tail?” Mauve Shirt asked.

“I don’t know,” Randman said. There was nothing else to say.

The trenal squadron was still pursuing them, Randman didn’t know what was going to happen once they reached the carrier. He could see the enemy bombers strafing against the space behemoth. The deck guns seemed powerless to stop them. At the same time the other squadrons were so badly reduced in number that there seemed to be nothing they could about the attack either.

The battle had turned almost completely against the besieged humans this time. Randman couldn’t stop it, but he had no choice but to take part in it.

The Black Foxes themselves had launched a futile surprise attack that had quickly turned against them. This had never happened before.

That red Zuchi, the pilot flying that had to be their leader, and he was a damn good flyer to boot. Randman personally saw him shoot down two of his comrades at the start of the fighting. God knows how many more he had been able to take out.

“Fox Shift, what do we do when we get to the Prodigy?” Mauve Shirt asked.

Randman blinked. Painfully aware that he had to make the decisions now. The Prodigy looked desperate, the fighting had reached the ship itself for the first time since they had entered trenal space.

And they were getting closer to the combat. Cheetahs were twirling and spinning, raking the Zeethers with missiles and cannon fire. It seemed to be a double-edge sword though. For when a Zeether was destroyed, unless it simply exploded, it crashed into the space carrier and caused almost as much damage as their deadly payload.

“Okay, gamma wing, listen up,” Randman started, “Shooting down those bombers is hurting us as much, if not worse, than they can hurt us on their own. When we get in range, I want you to avoid using our pulse missiles and use your cannons.”

“Why?” CurlyKitGirl asked.

“Because you can aim your cannons more precise. Don’t target their thrusters. Try to hit them from below, as they are preparing to drop their bombs.”

“That’s insane, what if one of those bombs hits us?” Cristo asked.

“What if a bomb hits the Prodigy?” Randman said.

There was no response, which was how Randman wanted it. His head was pounding from the constant concussive barrages that he had experienced in the recent fight and the chatter over the comm unit was almost unbearable. His right hand started to tremble and Randman kept it in a tight grip on the control stick to stop it.

“We are in missile range of the Zeether’s now, should we go ahead and launch the last of our payload?” Mauve Shirt asked.

“No, like I said, any of the bombers that get hit with missiles end up crashing into the carrier. You have to make them explode outright, or veer off into space.”

“Well what do we do then?” CurlyKitGirl asked.

“Keep going at full speed, then mow them down when they are in range. They are big, slow, and easy targets,” Randman felt like a leader now. He had never commanded his wing in actual combat before, only in the simulator.

Now that Randman was close to the Prodigy he could see how much it had been damaged. Several of the guns on the ship were completely destroyed and there were multiple hull breaches along the starboard side.

The Prodigy was dying. There wasn’t much time. “Pick your targets and report back every 5 minutes,” Randman said.

Cristo and CurlyKitGirl veered away and assaulted the same Zeether simultaneously. The gunner aboard the enemy ship began opening fire upon them with several bursts of hot plasma.

Randman turned his attention towards another bomber in the
    same group and quickly razed the side of it with several bursts from his cannons. The Zeether opened fire forcing Randman to perform a barrel roll to avoid getting hit.

After righting himself, Randman looped around and was now speeding directly up towards the trenal bomber. He unleashed another round or fire, perforating the underbelly. Smoke started to pour out of the holes and the Zeether started to pull away from the carrier and flee from the fight.

Mikhail would have pursued it relentlessly until it had been completely destroyed. And even though Randman hated the chance to miss out on another score on his record, he needed to worry more about the besieged carrier.

There were other human squadrons here, and they had rallied and had taken a large toll on the Zeether bombers.

“I got one,” Mauve Shirt said.

Randman smiled, that would be her fifth, making her an ace. The Black Foxes had more aces than any other squadron. Randman quickly stopped that train of thought. After all, some of those pilots may not have survived this encounter.

Something caught Randman’s eye. In the distance, near the stern of the Prodigy, he could see a red streak zipping in and out of the dog fighting. It was the red Zuchi that had caused the defenders so much trouble.

“Vixen, where are you?” Randman asked.

“Not too far from you, what do you need?” Mauve Shirt answered.

“Come with me, we are going to take out that Red Zuchi,” Randman said.

“Okay, I got your back,” Mauve Shirt said.

Another series of explosions rocked the carrier. However, there were far fewer Zeethers then there were. And the Zuchis were getting thin in number as well.

It took only a few moments for Randman and Mauve Shirt to reach the tail of the ship, and the red Zuchi. The trenal was flying away from them, towards the very end of the ship.

“What’s he doing?” Mauve Shirt asked.

Randman didn’t know, nor did he respond. He simply increased his speed, trying to catch up with the enemy. For some reason though, he was unable to lessen the distance between them. This ship was as fast as his. That was a first for Randman, he had yet to fight someone who could match a Cheetah’s speed.

Now the enemy pilot was doing something. Randman peered ahead and saw a small, rounded device detach from underneath the red Zuchi’s right wing and drift towards the Prodigy’s stern.

Was it a bomb? Randman wasn’t sure. However, the fact that every single enemy Zuchi and Zeether started to immediately withdraw and speed away made Randman uneasy. He flew towards the device, which was still slowly bobbing towards the carrier.

“Prodigy, be advised, there is a small device that was dropped by the enemy and is currently drifting towards the tail sectors,” Randman said.

“This is Prodigy, anyone in the area is ordered to immediately destroy the device by any means necessary,” came the reply.

Randman shrugged and targeted the object and fired a short burst towards it. It was still a far distance from Randman, and its target. If it was a bomb, it was far enough from the ship so that it would not do any damage.

Randman’s aim was true and the device was wracked by pulse energy. Suddenly the orb started flashing wildly. A sudden burst of light pierced through the vacuum of space, blinding Randman.

“What’s happening?” Mauve Shirt shrieked.

“I think it’s-“ Randman started.

It was too bright for Randman to see what was happening, but he could hear yelling on the comm-channel. Repeated attempts to communicate with the crew in the stern were met with failure.

Soon the yells were turned into panicked screaming. One voice began repeating over the din. “Sectors thirteen through sixteen are gone!”

Randman squinted and was able to finally see through the slowly waning light. Indeed, the entire stern section of the Prodigy had broken off and was drifting away into space. The screams on the comm unit were now combined with the sight of people drifting through space, struggling helplessly and quickly going limp. Randman nearly vomited inside his helmet.

“Contain that sector!” someone bawled over the comm unit.

“We lost the maintenance crew in there!” someone else said.

From there the speech on the communicator disintegrated into a meaningless squeal until it became so unbearable that Randman was forced to turn it off. He had detonated the device, it was his fault.

No, he couldn’t think like that, it was going to explode as soon as it hit the carrier. He had lessened the blow. But how many thousands had just died.

Now the corpses of the crew began to float by Randman’s Cheetah. He felt the urge to vomit even more intensely and quickly turned about, flying towards the largest concentration of the surviving pilots. He saw Mauve Shirt quickly follow him.

Randman could no longer see the trenal squadrons. There was no immediate opportunity for revenge. Randman instead took his rage out on himself. He pounded his thighs and screamed at the top of his lungs.

Several small escape pods began launching from the Prodigy as the crew attempted to escape the dying vessel.

Randman remembered his communicator and switched it back on.

“-on its way. I repeat, the Agamemnon is on its way. All combat squadrons need to protect the pods until they get here. ETA is two hours.”

Randman killed his engine to give the Fission reactor a break. The trenals had finally struck back, and they had struck hard.

He watched another explosion from inside the Prodigy and for the first time since he was in grade school, Randman started to cry.

I hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-26 at 05:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

@Dirk: Another fantastic, satisfying fic, Dirk. I like your angry portrayal of Mordy. Please tell me you have more planned for this!

@TBW: Okay, I loved it. I enjoy playing the magnificent bastard in this fic. Your portrayal of me 'waiting' for someone else to 'make the first move' is also accurate to the pseudo-source material. Patience. Patience. Wait. Not yet... *Pounce* (Well, sometimes I pounce a little earlier if I see a good reason too.)
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-26 at 06:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Five Minutes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raistlin shivered, rubbing his arms. He could see his breath. Damn, he hated where he lived. What kind of awful place has the sun down at 4 PM? He shivered again. Do you want me to let you go? He heard Rabbit say over the phone. He shook his head, before remembering for the thousandth time that she couldn't see him. No, it's fine. S'not that cold. Sweetheart, your teeth are chattering, I can hear them.

Raistlin bit down, stopping his teeth. No really, I don't mind. It's either talk to you out here, or go back inside and listen to a bunch of hyperactive nine-year olds play Jingle Bells. Rabbit sighed. He was so stubborn sometimes. Are you sure? Yes, I'm sure. She sighed again, grabbing a cookie off of a plate in front of her, taking a bite.

Wait, what're you eating? A cookie. Rabbit started munching it loudly. Stop teasing me with your cookie. Raistlin said, frowning. Well I had to read all your texts about that damn pizza you're getting. Well yeah, but I'm not totally eating it over the phone. Whatever dear. Rabbit replied, grabbing another cookie. They bantered like that for a while, talking about nothing in particular, in the most enjoyable of ways.

I gotta go. Raistlin nodded to himself. K. Bye, love you. Love you too sweetheart.

Tis fluff. Enjoy. *Is pulled away from the interwebs for four days*
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2008-11-26 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Curly humbly demands a part or something in your sequel, if there's to be one. Preferably something evil.
    And to think, until now I didn't know it was possible to humbly demand something.

I can't tell if you're talking to me though. I can has clarification?
    and Look both ways

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Five Minutes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raistlin shivered, rubbing his arms. He could see his breath. Damn, he hated where he lived. What kind of awful place has the sun down at 4 PM? He shivered again. Do you want me to let you go? He heard Rabbit say over the phone. He shook his head, before remembering for the thousandth time that she couldn't see him. No, it's fine. S'not that cold. Sweetheart, your teeth are chattering, I can hear them.

Raistlin bit down, stopping his teeth. No really, I don't mind. It's either talk to you out here, or go back inside and listen to a bunch of hyperactive nine-year olds play Jingle Bells. Rabbit sighed. He was so stubborn sometimes. Are you sure? Yes, I'm sure. She sighed again, grabbing a cookie off of a plate in front of her, taking a bite.

Wait, what're you eating? A cookie. Rabbit started munching it loudly. Stop teasing me with your cookie. Raistlin said, frowning. Well I had to read all your texts about that damn pizza you're getting. Well yeah, but I'm not totally eating it over the phone. Whatever dear. Rabbit replied, grabbing another cookie. They bantered like that for a while, talking about nothing in particular, in the most enjoyable of ways.

I gotta go. Raistlin nodded to himself. K. Bye, love you. Love you too sweetheart.

Tis fluff. Enjoy. *Is pulled away from the interwebs for four days*
    =P
    You know, using actual phone conversations for ship material is like cheating.
    It makes me smile, though.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

24. - Top - End - #594
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Felix: yes, Curly humbly request evil part in fic.

Clarification sought: Dirk: is Whispers part of IStLY?
    And please hurry as I intend to do the archive tonight.

Definition drabbles

Mi'ir (Cristo)/Mordokai
    Accentuate - verb : accent, emphasize; also : intensify
    Spoiler
    Show

Something was wrong. Frowning slightly he took stock of his surroundings. Mi’ir was babbling on as usual, it wouldn’t have surprised him if Mi’ir talked so much he suffocated himself to death.
    No, nothing was different. He stopped and turned a full circle, “What’s wrong Mordokai?” queried his bard. He opened his mouth to reply but stopped. “Mordokai?”
    “Your accent has changed.”
    “Took you long enough to notice didn’t it.” The bard reverted back to his normal accent and they walked on. When did Mi’irs’ talking become a pleasant normality? And why did he miss it when it was gone?
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Curly, Dirk gave approval for Whispers to be part of IStLY, I think.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

DD requests more ships from RHL...
    DD requests ships starring him, not written by him.
    DD would like the above two combined the best.

Any of those three may be rewarded with a many cookies and hugs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

It's amazing how you manage to squeeze so much meaning into so little words Curly Very nice story, as always.

And I love the latest Whisper part, Dirk. Especially the ending. I do look forward to seeing how this turns out.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2008-11-27 at 04:08 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Bugbear in the Playground

I heard this again today and it's all sort of gelling togething in my head as I write.

Songfic using Breathe / Breathe Reprise by Pink Floyd Minor verb tense changes to fit the narrative better.

Mordokai / RHL (re-envisioning of a scene from IStLY)
    Spoiler
    Show

Breathe, breathe in the air
    He lay on the ground, gasping quietly, his slowing breaths making white plumes in the winter air to match the ones from the supperating wound in his chest. His mouth moved silently as she stood over him, saying words he could not hear through the haze of pain and the panicked pulse-hammer of his heart ... his pierced heart.

He called upon Sune ... managing to pull together his willpower long enough to speak once more.

"Dont be afraid to care
    Leave but dont leave me..."

he rasped the words forcing his arm up to reach out to her - he was always reaching out to her, across that dark starry gulf, it seemed.

She regarded him with hardness in her eyes, but a single teardrop, already crystallizing in the frigid night air betrayed her. She would not turn away, would not admit defeat by breaking gazes now. And quietly she replied, the words softer than the iron she meant to infuse them with.

"Look around and choose your own ground
    For long you lived and high you flied
    And smiles you gave and tears you cried
    And all you touch and all you see
    Is all your life will ever be,"

She turned, and began to move away. But his voice, cracked, breaking, called out once more, unwilling to surrender even now, even now that his lifeblood was spilling to the earth.

"Run, rabbit, run
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Dont sit down, its time to dig another one
    For long you live and high you fly
    But only if you ride the tide
    And balanced on the biggest wave
    You race toward an early grave."

The Paladin looked as if he would speak again, but all that came out was a soft rattling sigh ... and he sunk fully to the frosty earth with just the faintest of rustles as his body displaced the snow beneath.

Rabbit began to walk ... her vision blurred, the icy knives of the oblast cold seeming to penetrate to her core. She started to turn ... stopped herself. Three steps further. And she turned again; his corpse lay quietly steaming in the winter.

'It's just another body,' she told herself silently, and continued on her way.

---

She dreamed that night, traitor mind returning her to the courtyard, where she relived the exchange again. Again feeling the soft tearing of the knife through flesh ... feeling the hot gout of blood. Her own heart seeming to wither and grow cold in that moment. His fall ... their final words.

Home, home again
    I like to be here when I can

And then the scene dissolved to other nights, other confrontations. To what had seemed sure to be an endless rivalry despite her very real attempts to end him in the past.

When I come home cold and tired
    It's good to warm my bones beside the fire

A flush of warmth at those memories ... dashed away as they resolved into the last. Her final triumph. And though her pride would never admit it, her failure. The dream dissolved to a place outside a building familiar to her; as she stood, she heard a resonating sound; heavy and final seeming.

Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell

And she stood before a bier. She needed no words to know whose it was.

Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells

And then he was kneeling there, spectral. Looking at her with compassion in his eyes, his pale body as it was, including the grievous wound to his heart, which wept golden droplets that dissipated into mist where they struck the ground. He reached out his hand once more, but it passed through hers...

And she woke, chilled to the bone, covered head to toe in glistening night sweats.

"No! This is over. I have ensured it," she hissed quietly to herself, clenching her hand into a fist whose nails bit into her palm.

And sadly, she was right...
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-11-27 at 06:24 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

*Reads Helgraf's post, braces himself for the inevitable Fangirl Squee from RHL*

Wonderful work, Helgraf. I must say that I envy your amazing talent probably more than any other colleague of mine here in the shipping thread! I still love you, Cristo and GW!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Felix: yes, Curly humbly request evil part in fic.
    Oh, I suppose
    and Look both ways