New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

First of all, it's
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
    this will get you a spoiler like this :
    Spoiler
    Show
    R&R my fics please.

Second, requests are to be made with promises of cookies and such.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Oh, I can feel sympathy for Rabbit. And I do. It's hard sometimes as I watch her continue to put the material, the temporal, ahead of her heart, but I know - I know because you write it well, because you give us a glimpse behind her mask as you write her - that she does feel the conflict, that it is a choice she had to face or flee from time and again. I freely admit I don't agree her, but I can feel for her.
    Oh, I had meant there was no sympathy for her from me.
    And there isn't.
    If anything, I feel like I let her off way too easy >>
    Some of your comments make me damn curious, woman. Damn curious.
    ::snicker::

On another note - :gives CKG her archiving cookie:

Reflections (IStLY fic - post Empress CKG / DD / DR scene; portions concurrent with DD's followup)
    [CKG / Helgraf (as Baba Gravf) / mentions of Czar Peter, RHL, & Dragonrider]

Spoiler
    Show

Tzar Peter's Palace
    Deep in the bowels of the palace, the figure stirred. Mordokai rose from the bed, and then his face peeled away; skin, muscle and fat peeled away to hang in grotesque strips from his chest. Fingers absently played with the hanging bloody gobbets as the figure moved to the mirror; caressed it with raw bloody digits, tracing a different sign. A word was spoken; the bloody sigil was consumed by black flames that were sucked into the obsidian surface with a wet squelching sound - and the faint sound of a damnedably satisified moan. The obsidian churned, then went smooth again, and an image rippled into view.

Lands of Empress CurlyKitGirl - Private Chambers of the Empress

Empress CurlyKitGirl's private mirror occluded - darkness seeping into the glass, bubbling across its length like slowly oozing pitch, slowly but inexoribly until it covered the full of the length.

A voice began to speak, though it sounded somewhat distorted.

'Baba Curly.'

A pause.

'Baba Curly,' repeated, with a hint of iron and the faintest whiff of irritation.

Another silent pause.

'Baba Curly, if you're off dancing the mazurka with another young druzhina like some milksop krowa blyad ...' [1]

The door opened, and the Empress came in; a faint color came to her cheeks and she was of a sudden both relieved and glad that she had dismissed the servants before returning to her quarters. It had been some time indeed since she'd heard the voice coming from the mirror, and truth be told, there was a not small part of her that would have been quite happy never to hear it again. But she stilled her expression and took her seat.

'Baba Gravf.'

'Dzien dobry, Baba Curly. It is good to see you remember me yet. It is good to taste your fear, hidden behind that perfect ice mask you wear, like your own personal Raspotitsa.[2]

'What do you want, Baba Gravf?'

'Nothing so terrible, Baba Curly. There is a man in hiding somewhere, probably in one of the tirsa near the edge of your lands. I want him ... detained. He is young, brash, capable - and entirely too inconvienient right now. By trickery, charm or guile preferably, but by force if you must - but I think you might enjoy this one.' [3] Baba Gravf flashed a smile whose intent was clear, if spoiled by the face it was painted on as she gave a rather thourough description of the paladin Mordokai.

She grudgingly had to give Baba Gravf some credit - the man described certainly did set the imagination to warming, but there was more to consider than just the possibility of an extended night's play. 'And why should I do this for you, Baba Gravf? It seems this would take no small amount of effort from the pulk or the chekist.' [4]

'Because, dear Baba Curly, I can assure you the Tzar - and perhaps more importantly, Baba Rabbit, will remain quite distracted if you do. Do widzenia, Baba Curly.' [5] And the darkness in the mirror receded, leaving behind only the Empress' own image on the silver-backed glass.

Empress Curly sat silently as she considered her course of action. Baba Gravf. What game was she playing, and how did it impact her own plans? And who was this fugitive paladin, and how might be be turned to her benefit?

Ink, a quill and parchment. A letter composed, even as she continued to consider these new elements and how to slide them around.

'General Dragonrider. An amendment to your prior orders. Take one rota of winged lancers and have them do a sweep of the outlying tirsa. There is a man, a probable fugitive; if this man is found, he is to be approached by an officer with a persuasive manner - a droyaska if at all possible; he may be unreasonable and needing subdual, but he is not to be killed if this becomes the case. [6]

Once the man is detained or convinced, have him sent with due honors by military coach to the Imperial Palace, then proceed with the original plans.

By order of her Imperial Majesty, Empress CurlyKitGirl
    [wax seal]'

When she was finished, she sealed it and rang for a servant. When the servant arrived shortly after, she handed it to him and commanded him to deliver it upon the instant to General Dragonrider. The servant bowed low, taking the letter and leaving with all due haste, breaking out into a run as soon as he was clear the threshold of the royal chamber.

Tzar Peter's Palace
    The woman called Baba Gravf had also been busy after she'd finished communing with Baba Curly. The ichor prepared had proven quite supple, even after the intervening days had passed; the flesh beneath the ichor was slowly healing from the severe scalding it had taken. The pain was more than worth the results; and there was no price that would not be paid to maintain the oath.

She moved by old passages beneath the palace, emerging into the countryside some distance from the Tzar's Palace and the city that surrounded it, that yielded up supple flesh and inspiration to the scored and pitted fruit-stone that was the palace.

She moved like a ghost, until she found what she needed. A band of kyazak, moving toward one of the outlying tirsa. She willed the strips of flesh, sinew and fat to spin and drape her in the guise of Mordokai once more. As the kyazak entered the village, setting ablaze some of the huts, she charged out, crying a challenge in the name of Sune; drawing the blade at her side and running down the raiding kyazak one by one. She let one go, to spread the word of the tirsa's defender, knowing the tale would move twice as quickly spread by the celebrating, kvas swilling peasants in addition to the fleeing kyazak. With careful humility 'he' accepted their hospitality, though he rebuffed the woman who offered to share her bed gently. 'He' left just before dawn.[7]

Translations:
    Spoiler
    Show

[1] Mazurka: A dance from the old days of gallantry, full of suggestions of passion and love.
    druzhina: A noble
    krowa: A cow or particularly stupid person
    blyad: A woman of low morals

[2] Dzien dobry: Good day
    Raspotitsa: A time when snow blankets the steppes, literally "roadlessness".

[3] tirsa - A small village

[4] pulk - army
    chekist - secret police / state-established inquisition. In essence, an independant agency with direct authority from the crown to find and root out by any means neccesary threats against the crown and country.

[5] Do widzenia: Good bye - or die well. Used interchangeably.

[6] Droyaska - Blademaster

[7] kyazak - Outlaws / bandits / raiders
    Kvas - A clear distilled spirit, renowned for its potency and medicinal properties.
    You never disappoint, Helgraf.
    And now we may get to see another side of Rabbit. Some weird mash-up of fury, terror, and jealousy...

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #633
    Firbolg in the Playground

And again I point out the minor errors in the archive... (I'm sorry. I'll try to write a good fic soon to make up for it.)

In my spoiler, all 3 parts of Shipping Inc: The Captive and my Letter are on the same line.
    Same goes for parts 2, 3 & 4 of The Gatekeeper.
    And in the Shipping Inc. section, Record Retrieval Part 4 and DD's 'Interlude'.
    While I'm at it, my first fic (Aziraphale/Thufir) is entitled A Meeting By Music. Just I put the title inside the spoiler with the story, to confuse people.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Fixed.
    For realz.

...I need to stop saying that...

— Iain S. Thomas

5. - Top - End - #635

On another note - :gives CKG her archiving cookie:
    *noms gratefully*

Reflections (IStLY fic - post Empress CKG / DD / DR scene; portions concurrent with DD's followup)

Spoiler
    Show

Tzar Peter's Palace
    Deep in the bowels of the palace, the figure stirred. Mordokai rose from the bed, and then his face peeled away; skin, muscle and fat peeled away to hang in grotesque strips from his chest. Fingers absently played with the hanging bloody gobbets as the figure moved to the mirror; caressed it with raw bloody digits, tracing a different sign. A word was spoken; the bloody sigil was consumed by black flames that were sucked into the obsidian surface with a wet squelching sound - and the faint sound of a damnedably satisified moan. The obsidian churned, then went smooth again, and an image rippled into view.

Empress CurlyKitGirl's private mirror occluded - darkness seeping into the glass, bubbling across its length like slowly oozing pitch, slowly but inexoribly until it covered the full of the length.

'Baba Curly.'

A pause.

'Baba Curly,' repeated, with a hint of iron and the faintest whiff of irritation.

Another silent pause.

'Baba Curly, if you're off dancing the mazurka with another young druzhina like some milksop krowa blyad ...' [1]

The door opened, and the Empress came in; a faint color came to her cheeks and she was of a sudden both relieved and glad that she had dismissed the servants before returning to her quarters. It had been some time indeed since she'd heard the voice coming from the mirror, and truth be told, there was a not small part of her that would have been quite happy never to hear it again. But she stilled her expression and took her seat.

'Baba Gravf.'

'Dzien dobry, Baba Curly. It is good to see you remember me yet. It is good to taste your fear, hidden behind that perfect ice mask you wear, like your own personal Raspotitsa.[2]

'Nothing so terrible, Baba Curly. There is a man in hiding somewhere, probably in one of the tirsa near the edge of your lands. I want him ... detained. He is young, brash, capable - and entirely too inconvienient right now. By trickery, charm or guile preferably, but by force if you must - but I think you might enjoy this one.' [3] Baba Gravf flashed a smile whose intent was clear, if spoiled by the face it was painted on as she gave a rather thourough description of the paladin Mordokai.

She grudgingly had to give Baba Gravf some credit - the man described certainly did set the imagination to warming, but there was more to consider than just the possibility of an extended night's play. 'And why should I do this for you, Baba Gravf? It seems this would take no small amount of effort from the pulk or the chekist.' [4]

'Because, dear Baba Curly, I can assure you the Tzar - and perhaps more importantly, Baba Rabbit, will remain quite distracted if you do. Do widzenia, Baba Curly.' [5] And the darkness in the mirror receded, leaving behind only the Empress' own image on the silver-backed glass.

Empress Curly sat silently as she considered her course of action. Baba Gravf. What game was she playing, and how did it impact her own plans? And who was this fugitive paladin, and how might be be turned to her benefit?

Ink, a quill and parchment. A letter composed, even as she continued to consider these new elements and how to slide them around.

'General Dragonrider. An amendment to your prior orders. Take one rota of winged lancers and have them do a sweep of the outlying tirsa. There is a man, a probable fugitive; if this man is found, he is to be approached by an officer with a persuasive manner - a droyaska if at all possible; he may be unreasonable and needing subdual, but he is not to be killed if this becomes the case. [6]

Once the man is detained or convinced, have him sent with due honors by military coach to the Imperial Palace, then proceed with the original plans.

[wax seal]'

When she was finished, she sealed it and rang for a servant. When the servant arrived shortly after, she handed it to him and commanded him to deliver it upon the instant to General Dragonrider. The servant bowed low, taking the letter and leaving with all due haste, breaking out into a run as soon as he was clear the threshold of the royal chamber.

Tzar Peter's Palace
    The woman called Baba Gravf had also been busy after she'd finished communing with Baba Curly. The ichor prepared had proven quite supple, even after the intervening days had passed; the flesh beneath the ichor was slowly healing from the severe scalding it had taken. The pain was more than worth the results; and there was no price that would not be paid to maintain the oath.

She moved by old passages beneath the palace, emerging into the countryside some distance from the Tzar's Palace and the city that surrounded it, that yielded up supple flesh and inspiration to the scored and pitted fruit-stone that was the palace.

She moved like a ghost, until she found what she needed. A band of kyazak, moving toward one of the outlying tirsa. She willed the strips of flesh, sinew and fat to spin and drape her in the guise of Mordokai once more. As the kyazak entered the village, setting ablaze some of the huts, she charged out, crying a challenge in the name of Sune; drawing the blade at her side and running down the raiding kyazak one by one. She let one go, to spread the word of the tirsa's defender, knowing the tale would move twice as quickly spread by the celebrating, kvas swilling peasants in addition to the fleeing kyazak. With careful humility 'he' accepted their hospitality, though he rebuffed the woman who offered to share her bed gently. 'He' left just before dawn.[7]

Translations:
    Spoiler
    Show

[1] Mazurka: A dance from the old days of gallantry, full of suggestions of passion and love.

[4] pulk - army
    chekist - secret police / state-established inquisition. In essence, an independant agency with direct authority from the crown to find and root out by any means neccesary threats against the crown and country.

Kvas - A clear distilled spirit, renowned for its potency and medicinal properties.
    *fangirls over*
    I love this series more and more and I can't wait to find out how Baba Curly and Baba Gravf know each other; and their plots, how they tie in with the original story and its spin - offs and most importantly, the entire thing.
    I just want more. From everyone.

Definition drabbles

Mordokai/Mi'ir (Cristo)
    Domicile - a dwelling place : place of residence : home
    Spoiler
    Show

Mordokai had left him.
    And now Mi’ir was alone again; it was such a desolate feeling. He tried to put his finger on the problem, but his normally astute bardic intuition failed him. Just like he’d failed Mordokai.
    Well, he must have, why else had he been abandoned?
    “What’s wrong now Mi’ir?” Mordokai was back. Hope welled in his heart and the uptight paladin smiled. “You thought I wasn’t coming back didn’t you?”Shamefaced Mi’ir nodded.
    Everything felt better now, it was a peace he’d only felt at home before. With joy in his heart he plunged back into routine arguments.

Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *noms gratefully*

*fangirls over*
    I love this series more and more and I can't wait to find out how Baba Curly and Baba Gravf know each other; and their plots, how they tie in with the original story and its spin - offs and most importantly, the entire thing.
    I just want more. From everyone.
    I can't think of a better person to serve as a spy for, my Empress!

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

You've been giving me and Cristo a lot of attention lately, Curly.

I love it
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

8. - Top - End - #638

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    You've been giving me and Cristo a lot of attention lately, Curly.

I love it
    I think the majority of my Definition drabbles will be Mordokai/Mi'ir. And they're only one hundred words apiece. It's just what the word brings to mind. Outraged was especially Mi'ir-ish.

But I demand a celebration fic today.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Tzar Peter's Palace

'Baba Curly.'

A pause.

Another silent pause.

'Baba Gravf.'

[wax seal]'

Tzar Peter's Palace

Translations:
    Spoiler
    Show

[4] pulk - army

I don't normally read this thread, but this shipfic contains few linguistic mistakes and one historical one I feel like pointing out, because I'm a prick. First, "dzień dobry" and "do widzenia" are Polish, not Russian. Second, it's "mazurek", not "mazurka" and again, it's a Polish, not Russian dance. Also, Cheka was indeed a russian secret police, but formed and run by Communist government. Also, "pulk" means "regiment" in Polish and Russian, certainly not "army". I don't know if "druzhina" is a Russian word or not, but it doesn't mean "noble". "Baba", while it's a Russian word, has a negative meaning, a little bit like "broad". Some other words don't look right to me too, but I'm not sure about them.
    Just felt like pointing out.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-11-29 at 03:42 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Warlock
    Also, I'm not a student of linguistics so I have no idea if the specialized language here is made-up, contemporary non-English, or archaic, but it seems as if from another time to this ignorant, monolingual American. Really, anything that seems to establish the setting (assumed to be Magical-Reality-Bulgaria/Byzantium-in-the-900s?) will be applauded by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rt View Post
    I don't normally read this thread, but this shipfic contains few linguistic mistakes and one historical one I feel like pointing out, because I'm a prick. First, "dzień dobry" and "do widzenia" are Polish, not Russian. Second, it's "mazurek", not "mazurka" and again, it's a Polish, not Russian dance. Also, Cheka was indeed a russian secret police, but formed and run by Communist government. Also, "pulk" means "regiment" in Polish and Russian, certainly not "army". I don't know if "druzhina" is a Russian word or not, but it doesn't mean "noble". "Baba", while it's a Russian word, has a negative meaning, a little bit like "broad". Some other words don't look right to me too, but I'm not sure about them.
    Just felt like pointing out.
    Alright. Going to point out my source material definitely alters the "native Earth" meaning of the words, firstly. Secondly, yes, much of it is derived from Polish and/or Russian terms in origin.

Baba, in the reference I'm drawing it from literally translates as Grandmother/grandma - but in the circumstances used, a more useful translation would essentially be an honorific form for wise woman (or, yes, witch).

In short the errors are intentional.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-11-29 at 05:01 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shanty Man View Post
    I am the Shanty Man
    A chaotic good sea bard(in that I live on the sea and sing sea shanties (amunst meny other things)).
    Do you think you could make a story girl about me finding love!
    Maby (from my ship) I here her voice from another ship and fall in love there and then (or something). Find someone who will tern my solo into a duet.
    make it as corny as you like.
    P.S What fun
    P.P.S how do you make those spoiler things
    Repost
    Please give me a story about finding love
    The shanty man's a lony singer
    thankyou
    p.s when I sead corny I ment cleashai ridden
    Last edited by Shanty Man; 2008-11-29 at 06:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paddy lay back (Paddy lay back)
    Take in the slack (Take in the slack)
    Put the turn around the capstan heave a pawl (Heave a pawl!)
    About ship, stations, boys, be handy (Be handy!)
    For we're bound for Valaparaiser around the Horn! (Horn! Horn!)

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shanty Man View Post
    Repost
    Please give me a story about finding love
    The shanty man's a lony singer
    thankyou
    p.s when I sead corny I ment cleashai ridden
    Helloooooooo~
    Just wanted to explain that this isn't like the Request an avatar thread, and, while we are all open to requests, you have to give us some time.
    No need to repost.

— Iain S. Thomas

13. - Top - End - #643
    Dwarf in the Playground

ok sorry I was vv bored

Spoiler
    Show
    Paddy lay back (Paddy lay back)
    Take in the slack (Take in the slack)
    Put the turn around the capstan heave a pawl (Heave a pawl!)
    About ship, stations, boys, be handy (Be handy!)
    For we're bound for Valaparaiser around the Horn! (Horn! Horn!)

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Fanfiction powers GOOOO! Also this is mainly intended to make DP's skin crawl, and may include some NFSW elements.. not sure what the standard for NSFW is around her, but better safe than sorry!
    Strange connections part II.

Starring:
    DragonPrime as well DragonPrime. (cuase hes back now. :D )

FF Fanboy as Guitarist Fanboy.

and introducing Happyturtle. As Happyreporter!

Spoiler
    Show

DragonPrime broke the close embrace that he and Fanboy had held for a full 5 minuets breathing heavily as he spoke... "I don't think I've ever kissed anybody like that..." Fanboy merely smiled a bit heady from the experiance. After a few awkard moments of silence fanboy lead Dragonprime into the establishment not knowing that in the bushes just across the street was a reporter for the National Exagerater snapping away "happily" on her brand new camera. These pics were garunteed to get her a brand new office... maybe even with a window! However back in the resturant our two lovestruck muscians are oblvious of the reporter across the street, and merely order their food, and let the young, blonde waiter take them to their private booth... Back in the bushes Happyreporter swore a bit more loudly then she should have... The private booth cut out her line of sight, and no line of sight meant no photos for the National.. no photos... no new office. So, going up to the front reception desk she managed to wheel, and deal her way into a booth close to the two love birds. There she using her obviously stealthy skills placed a tape recorder at the top of the booth where she knew that it would both pick up the conversation, and avoid notice asit is well at the top of the booth near the security camera.
    Back in the booth our freind Fanboy just got back from havign a short discussion with the waiter as to why their food was taking so Effing long. When he got back he sat down on a plush velvet seat in the candle lit booth, and sipped casually the 1968 Cheatu that had been served to them thus far. However, all was not well in the land of love, and Fanboy was shifting uncomfortably in his seat as he spoke "Dragon.... I dont think we should be here... you know in public... together... Now dont get me wrong I'm not ashamed, but what if one of the band members, or one of the Managers lackey's are following us... they dont exactly know, and well... To be honest alot of our fans wont take this to well... "
    Dragonprime chuckled softly at fanboy's worries however well placed they were he had done his best to ensure that they had not been followed, and instead o replying with words he let his lips do the talking at first placing his own calloused hand over Fans lithe,adn gentle ones slowly moving into a romantic embarce that elected a soft stirr out of fanboy as he shifted into Dragonprimes soft, strong arms accepting the warmth, and love of his soft lips.

I feel unclean. I must go cleanse myself, NOW!

*begins going through his collection of Playboy magazines*

And by all means, keep writing this. I want to see how messed up it gets.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2008-11-29 at 07:37 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

The image wasn't forboding enough for you was it?
    I warned you DP.
    *BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!*
    Anyway next more complete part is underway.

16. - Top - End - #646

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The image wasn't forboding enough for you was it?
    I warned you DP.
    *BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!*
    Anyway next more complete part is underway.
    This frightens me. I think I need to stock up on more "cleansing literature". And Turtle needs to create a threesome in this.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2008-11-29 at 09:02 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

Here's my second attempt at a fic. It's very losely based on the Great Nothern War. It will consist of a series of letters. Hope you all enjoy it. If not, let me know.

Letter 1: A lost battle. (Zar "Tsar" Peter/Lex-Cat. Guest staring General Haruki)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dearest Lex,

Zar paused, quill in hand. How could he put in words what had been happening? He decided to start with the bad news.

I hope this letter finds you well. I wish I could say I am well, but things do not go well for me. Our forces were nearly decimated in the battle last week. I am not sure what you have heard, but I will tell you a little of it. An accursed snowstorm blinded my troops, and the Swedes took advantage of this. It was a miracle that it did not turn into a rout. The only comfort I had during the next few days were your letters. How I long for last summer...

He pauses again, as memories force themselves back to the front of his mind. Horseback riding, long discussions about what ever seemed pressing at the moment, and those picnics...Zar's mouth watered as memories of taste work their way through his head. Roasted meats, bread with honey...

"Tsar?"

Zar was snapped back to reality very quickly. The warm and full sensation was gone and he was cold and hungry again. He looked up to see who had spoken to him and saw his commander. "Haruki, I told you...It's pronounced Zar. Not Tsar."

The angelic general looked surprised. "How can you tell the difference?"

"Practice. What is it?"

"The men seem despondent. They wish to see their king. Perhaps you could speak to them. Convince them that the battle was not in vain."

Zar laughed hollowly. "Convince them that this is all part of a master plan? Who's? It's not mine."

Haruki shrugged. "I've seen you do more sir. You could convince them that the snow was a feast, and they would be full on the stuff."

Zar nodded. "I can't convince them of that, not now, but I can try to put the spirit back in them. Give a moment to finish this letter."

"Yes sir. Is it to...?"

Zar nodded, and Haruki turned and left the tent. Zar picked up the quill and dipped it in his ink pot. After a few seconds he wrote.

I must finish the letter soon. I am needed elsewhere. Remember that I love you, and I will return to you soon.
    Your betrothed,
    Zar Peter

He folded the letter up, and sealed it with some of the candle wax. He placed it within his jacket and left the tent.
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2008-11-29 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling errors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

18. - Top - End - #648

Looks promising. I'm definitely here to read the next letters.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Some more corruptions of famous scenes from the movie. I'm cutting this fic up into smaller bits to make the editting easier on myself. No more massive 14-page-segment posts for me if I can help it.

Ghost Warlock and the (Un)Holy Grail, Part Three (IStLY fic)
    Cobra_Ikari/ghost_warlock/Happyturtle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waking the next morning, Ghost Warlock and Happyturtle ate an abbreviated, henchpixie-prepared breakfast and were ushered out the door of Castle Anthrax by Cobra Ikari.

They walked in quiet for a while, following Cobra’s directions towards the hut where they were to meet the ‘Old Man from Scene 24.’ Eventually, Turtle broke the silence.

“So, why did you end up sleeping on the floor?” She asked. “Cobra’s maids prepared a room for you.”

“For starters, I didn’t quite trust Cobra and his ‘maids.’ I felt safer with the catmuffins in a large, open room. Second, I don’t exactly know my way around the castle. I didn’t know where the room was and I decided it wasn’t worth looking for.”

“So, you weren’t interested in the prospect of spending a night with maidens of questionable virtue?” She snickered.

He paused for a moment before answering. “Considering the name of the castle, I felt that no possible good could come from investigating that possibility! Besides, at a time now long passed, I was held in high esteem for my ‘virtue.’ Although I no longer keep the faith, so to speak, perhaps that is an aspect of my past I yet cling to.”

They continued on in silence for a short time longer before coming to the cottage Cobra had directed them. Ghost moved to knock on the door, but it opened before he could do so. An old man, laughing, gestured for them to join him inside.

“Ah, hee he he ha!” The old man laughed.

“So, we were told that you could direct us in finding the Unholy Grail?” Ghost asked.

“Ah, hee he he ha!”

“Um, sir?” Turtle tried.

“Ah, hee he he ha!”

“Well, then, perhaps you could tell us what it is you find so funny?” Ghost asked.

“Seek you an enchanter,” the old man said between fits of laughter.

“And this enchanter of whom you speak, he has seen the grail?” Ghost asked.

“Ha ha he he he he!”

“Where does he live? Old man, where does he live?”

“Ah, hee he he ha! He knows of a cave, a cave which no man has entered.”

“And the Grail… The Grail is there?”

“Ha ha he he he he! Very much danger, for beyond the cave lies the Gorge of Eternal Peril, which no man has ever crossed. Ah, hee he he ha!”

“But the Grail! Where is the Grail?”

“Ah, hee he he ha! Seek you the Bridge of Death. Ha ha he he he he!”

“The Bridge of Death, which leads to the Grail?”

“Hee hee ha ha!”

Still laughing, the old man and his hut faded and vanished, leaving Ghost and Turtle sitting in an empty plain.

They looked around, a bit dazed.

“I fear,” Ghost said, “I’ve become infected with the madness afflicting this land.”

“You’re not the only one!”

“I wonder how fares Tsar Peter? In my day, it was said that the ruler and his lands are one, linked in spirit; that a plague upon one was merely a reflection of the other.” Ghost laughed suddenly. “Oh, to be a fly on the wall in King Pete’s court today! I would find it of great interest to see if there was truth to that rumor!”

“King Pete?”

“Oh, Tsar Peter and I go way back. Although, I fear he’d be rather put out to see me in his court today! He might think he was seeing a ghost!” He laughed again.

“Yeah, I’ll bet,” she said, shaking her head. “So, should we just keep going the way we were heading, then? That old man wasn’t exactly specific about where we should look for this enchanter.”

Ghost shrugged. “May as well. It’s not like we should’ve expected him to make it as simple as handing us a map, after all.”

They continued on, leaving the plains and entering another small forest. Suddenly, several armed men stepped from behind the trees, blocking their path.

Their apparent leader, a giant man standing nearly nine feet tall, stepped forward and spoke one word: “Ni!”

At his lead, the other men shouted as well: “Ni! Ni! Ni!”

Wracked with pain at the sound of the word, Ghost and Turtle staggered back.

“Who are you?” Ghost asked when the pain subsided.

“We are the Knights Who Say... Ni!” The leader answered, repeating the excruciating word of power.

“No! Not the Knights Who Say Ni!” Ghost exclaimed.

“The same!” The Head Knight shouted.

“Wait, who are they?” Turtle asked, puzzled.

The Head Knight answered again: “We are the keepers of the sacred words: Ni, Pen, and Ni-wom!”

“Ni-wom!” Repeated one of the knights.

“Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale!” Ghost tried to explain.

“The Knights Who Say Ni demand a sacrifice!” Proclaimed the Head Knight.

Not wanting to become embroiled with the legendarily fickle order, Ghost tried to avoid the confrontation. “Knights of Ni, we are but simple travelers who seek the enchanter who lives beyond these woods.”

“Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!” Shouted the Head Knight, obviously angered by Ghost’s attempt.

Ghost and Turtle gasped in agony at the sound of the word.

“We shall say 'Ni' again to you if you do not appease us.”

“Well,” Ghost said. “What is it you want?”

“We want... a shrubbery!”

“A what?” Ghost asked, bewildered.

“Ni! Ni!”

“Ow!”

“Ow!”

“Please, please! No more! You live in a forest, choose any bush and it’ll make a suitable shrubbery!”

“You must return here with a shrubbery or else you will never pass through this wood alive!” The Head Knight proclaimed.

“This is beyond absurd; we shall do no such thing!”

The head knight pouted. “Oh, please!”

“No!”

“Then we must give you a test.”

“What is this test?”

“You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring!”

“Cut down a tree with a herring? It can't be done!”

“Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!” The knights suddenly cried out in pain.

“Don't say that word!” The Head Knight pleaded.

“What word?” Ghost asked.

“I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the words the Knights of Ni cannot hear.”

“How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?”

“Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!”

“What, ‘is’?’”

“No, not ‘is,’ we couldn't get very far in life not saying ‘is.’”

“Um, Ghost, I think it’s ‘it’.” Turtle suggested.

“Aaaaugh!”

“She said the word!” The Head Knight exclaimed. “Stop saying the word!”

“Oh, stop it!” Ghost growled, heading down the path and trying to ignore the knights.

“Aaaaugh!”

“Oh! He said it again! Aaugh! I said it! I said it! Ooh! I said it again!”

“Aaaaugh!”

“It!” Ghost shouted, heading down the path.

“It! It! It! It!” Turtle chanted, getting into the spirit of things as she followed Ghost.

“Aaaaugh!” The knights could be heard moaning as Ghost and Turtle left.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-11-30 at 12:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, how'd I miss my inclusion into IStLY? Woo hoo! Awesome, G_W, Helgraf, D-D!

(not just because I am in them. )
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-11-30 at 06:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    This frightens me. I think I need to stock up on more "cleansing literature". And Turtle needs to create a threesome in this.
    Totally!

22. - Top - End - #652
    Barbarian in the Playground

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for taking so long with this. The only reason I actually finished it at all was because Mordokai poked me into action yesterday. Beforehand, it was collecting dust in my PM box, reminding me of what a horrible, lazy, unsympathetic meanie I can be. Now it's the shameless flaunting of my skill with passing off utter garbage as creative writing. =D

On a related note, I'm handing over Quantum of Saurous to anyone who wants it, as I can't think of where to go from where I left off. Not In Kansas Anymore is Not Maggy's Problem Anymore, as I'm giving up on that, too. Don't fret though, my dear audience. I have all sorts of ideas for prequels and sequels, a possible new series (starring the vain and self-centered Magtok, of course), and maybe even something with zombies, outer space, or life in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. I make no promises though, except that each and every title will be a blatant and crude rip-off of something else you've probably heard of before.

And so, without further ado (There was a heck of a lot of ado this time, wasn't there? I'll try to work on that next time), I give you...

Final Fanboy III

Spoiler
    Show
    Nonsense and boring junk not worth reading was here. No smut, mind you. Just boring junk.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-04-16 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to... *SNIP*

Final Fanboy III

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Your stories are epic win.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Here's my second attempt at a fic. It's very losely based on the Great Nothern War. It will consist of a series of letters. Hope you all enjoy it. If not, let me know.

Letter 1: A lost battle. (Zar "Tsar" Peter/Lex-Cat. Guest staring General Haruki)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dearest Lex,

Zar paused, quill in hand. How could he put in words what had been happening? He decided to start with the bad news.

I hope this letter finds you well. I wish I could say I am well, but things do not go well for me. Our forces were nearly decimated in the battle last week. I am not sure what you have heard, but I will tell you a little of it. An accursed snowstorm blinded my troops, and the Swedes took advantage of this. It was a miracle that it did not turn into a rout. The only comfort I had during the next few days were your letters. How I long for last summer...

He pauses again, as memories force themselves back to the front of his mind. Horseback riding, long discussions about what ever seemed pressing at the moment, and those picnics...Zar's mouth watered as memories of taste work their way through his head. Roasted meats, bread with honey...

"Tsar?"

Zar was snapped back to reality very quickly. The warm and full sensation was gone and he was cold and hungry again. He looked up to see who had spoken to him and saw his commander. "Haruki, I told you...It's pronounced Zar. Not Tsar."

The angelic general looked surprised. "How can you tell the difference?"

"Practice. What is it?"

"The men seem despondent. They wish to see their king. Perhaps you could speak to them. Convince them that the battle was not in vain."

Zar laughed hollowly. "Convince them that this is all part of a master plan? Who's? It's not mine."

Haruki shrugged. "I've seen you do more sir. You could convince them that the snow was a feast, and they would be full on the stuff."

Zar nodded. "I can't convince them of that, not now, but I can try to put the spirit back in them. Give a moment to finish this letter."

"Yes sir. Is it to...?"

Zar nodded, and Haruki turned and left the tent. Zar picked up the quill and dipped it in his ink pot. After a few seconds he wrote.

I must finish the letter soon. I am needed elsewhere. Remember that I love you, and I will return to you soon.
    Your betrothed,
    Zar Peter

He folded the letter up, and sealed it with some of the candle wax. He placed it within his jacket and left the tent.
    YAY!!!! I've been shipped.

I loved it!! Of course, I'm not biased in any way or form.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #655

Alright! *fist slam on desk and all that determined looking stuff* I've caught up with you people again, and this time, I plan to stay caught!

Expect to see the next part of The Appocolypse fic, Spaceranger, IStLY and something special for Maggy here, sometime soon.

They'll come even faster if you guys bug me about them. Ayup.

And now, an(/some?) overdue comment(s?):

@Ghostwarlok, concerning the latest instalment of 17S:
    Actualy, I kinda liked it. The fact that I'm in it has nothing to do with it. Really. I can't wait to see the next part.

{{To be finished later, Mum is taking over the computer. [1st the computer, then the WORLD mwhahahahahah]
    }}
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2008-11-30 at 10:28 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, that was a lot of reading for a little over a week. i'm unloved here :P
    It took me of 15 minutes to read it all. And yes, I am a really fast reader
    Many of you dudes(ettes) could make quite a bit of money if you wrote movie scripts.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2008-11-30 at 08:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground

I called it. Tottaly knew Mag was gonna kill me.
    i would bring up the dozen contingcies that I have put up, but Mag destroyed them all with his awesome.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Moon Called, MORE SPACERANGER! *poke poke*

29. - Top - End - #659

I'm working on it as I type.

Well, I geuss that goes without saying, since I'm typing the story, but still...
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

That's pretty good Inigo, I like it.

*Starts to leave* *Clamps hand over mouth* *Bites down on lip*

The 'u' in 'guess' comes before the 'e' Moon! Damnit, sorry, spelling nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.