New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Some Feats

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Some Feats

Just some Feats I homebrewed. The First (Guard Training) was because I was bothered that fighters and warriors didn't get Spot and Listen as class skills, making them bad guards.

Guard Training: You have been received the training required to be an effective Guard. Add Spot, Listen Sense Motive, and profession (Guard) to your Class Skills. A fighter may take this as a bonus feat.
    Scholarly Training: You have received a formal education that has exposed you to a wide variety of different academic subjects. Add all knowledge skills, as well as Profession (Scholar) to your class skills.
    Artesian Training: You have received training in a certain craft, Add any Craft skill to your Class skills list, along with an Appraise, and an appropriate profession skill (Craft: stone would give Profession: Mason).
    Merchants Training: You have received the training necessary to be a successful merchant, add Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Appraise, and Profession (Merchant) to your class skill list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Some Feats

Appraise seems much more appropriate to a Merchant than an Artisan.
    Gaurd Training makes a lot of sense for filling up a plot hole.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Appraise seems much more appropriate to a Merchant than an Artisan.
    Gaurd Training makes a lot of sense for filling up a plot hole.
    I put it in for both, as an Artisan would know how to judge the things they made. The training is "How to be and make a living as a blacksmith" not just "how to make stuff out of metal" (that would just be the Craft: Metalsmithing skill)

Yeah, it always bothered me how Fighters and Warriors (Who will make up the majority of guards, watchmen, sentries, ect) didn't get Spot, Listen, and Sense Motive (The most important skills for that role) as class skills. Apparently it's more important to know how to handle animals or craft things than to notice that somebody is hiding behind that bush with a crossbow.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-10-30 at 11:57 AM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd solve that problem by giving them those class skills in place of existing skills. (Eg: I'd give a Town Guard Jump, Climb, Spot, Listen, Sense Motive and Gather Information as class skills).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Those are very good feats for NPCs, but most PCs will probably not choose to spend their precious feats in this manner. The exception would be some fighters, as they often have feats to spare.

BTW, I think that you mean Artisan Training, not Artesian Training, unless you mean that a character has had training to become a well or an aquifer.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-10-31 at 10:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Those are very good feats for NPCs, but most PCs will probably not choose to spend their precious feats in this manner. The exception would be some fighters, as they often have feats to spare.

BTW, I think that you mean Artisan Training, not Artesian Training, unless you mean that a character has had training to become a well or an aquifer.
    They Might... Or my spelling just sucks...
    [/Center]