Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 215
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The great state of denial

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Bait View Post
    The what now? Can you explain that one? I don't think I've seen it before.
    OK, from memory, you get your generic everyday caster, and teach him how to reduce the cost of metamagic by a bunch via lowered to -1 adjustment metamagic. Technically, this means you can cast high level spells as low level spells, but some group of official types ruled that you can only use negative adjustment to pay for additional metamagic that you know of, so the slot required remains the same. The alternative is just use divine metamagic. If you then take sanctom spell feat, you can increase the spell level by one. Combine that with heighten from the negative adjustment metamagic for free, you can cast a 10th level spell for about a 5th level slot, depending on if you can use flaws for feats or not.

    Now you take the feats required for a persisted spell, and extended spell. Lastly take the feat that lets you gain an extra spell slot of one spell level lower than the highest you can cast (not highest that you have an appropriate level slot for). You can cast 10th level spells, so now you gain a slot for a 9th level spell. Lower the adjustment for persist down to free, and persist the time stop. Customer service ruled that it doesn't count because time stop doesn't have a set duration, but they aren't official and frankly that isn't implicated in the rules anywhere. So you now have 24 hours to build magic items, rest, and laugh maniacally. You build a single part of a strand of prayer beads. Doesn't matter which one. If you do the math, all individual parts have a negative cost. This means you make them before you start, you earn money and exp from making them, and since you are stuck in a time stop, you can continue to make money and EXP for as long as you need.

    I think that's how it went. It's been a while, and required the same thinking that a cleric getting ninths by 5 does, which I lifted off of character op.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    My friend and I tried to run past a homebrew marshal type based slightly on Wheel of Time. The DM didn't pay much attention and when we got into the game my friend announced that he could "requisition" roughly 2 billion gold from his CO's (I think it was from an extra planar army or something). Then we went on to turn that large amount of gold into Instant Fortresses and used them as ranged weapons (something like 100d6 every round when we launched them at enemies.)

    Needless to say, that campaign ended after 2 sessions and we rerolled into reasonable classes.
    You just lost the game. I lost too but at least I took someone down with me.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    -snip-
    I do not believe you can reduce anything below 0 cost. And you really aren't allowed to Permanency duration-less spells, nut just by CustServ, but by RAW.

    But this isn't rules lawyery thread, it's what your DM let you get away with. Despite all the holes in that plan, if your DM let you get away with that, it is an entertaining story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The great state of denial

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I do not believe you can reduce anything below 0 cost. And you really aren't allowed to Permanency duration-less spells, nut just by CustServ, but by RAW.

    But this isn't rules lawyery thread, it's what your DM let you get away with. Despite all the holes in that plan, if your DM let you get away with that, it is an entertaining story.
    Should have been persistance, not permancency. And some abilities that reduce metamagic cost say they cannot go below 0, while others do not. As such, it was argued that they do go below 0. I mentioned it to the DM because I could have done it, but I also didn't do it, because that would be a jerk move.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bat country-- don't stop!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Summon Instrument - Pipe Organ!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    ... that works really well, it's almost like...

    Oh god! Chuck Norris is Cthulhu! It all makes sense now. Everything is meaningless! Only in death can we escape!

    *hangs self*

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by littlechicory View Post
    Summon Instrument - Pipe Organ!
    Ah, but you have to be able to carry it...
    Sousaphone!
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Ah, but you have to be able to carry it...
    Sousaphone!
    Just change your definition of carry, silly!

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Da King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    I tried to build a nuke, and would have succeeded if it the DM hadn't decided to roll the campaign time line back 3 months. Oh well, I successfully got a Druid armed with a flamethrower and the ability to create a fully functional Trebuchet in under an hour, captured a town and named it Fresca after a drink on the table, and lost track of the number of buildings I destroyed for fun.

    The campaign actually had to end because of how crazy it was getting,which was mostly my fault.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SurlySeraph's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Department of Smiting
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Ah, but you have to be able to carry it...
    And this is why every group needs an ogre bard!

    @V: Okay, that's even more win. I take back any threats of smiting I may have made against you.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-04 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    On Paper
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    And this is why every group needs an ogre bard!
    No, you need a pipe organ with permenancied Animate Objects on it that you ride into battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shraik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Frostfell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Making Jesus. Yeah. I made a hippie. Exalted Healer, Vow of Poverty, Non Violence, and Peace. After reading over things I realised Level fifteen and the character would be a technical jesus
    Spoiler
    Show


    The Lair, Done By Banjo1985

    Avatar by Banjo1985
    Need to know something about Star Wars? PM me, I know more the Old Ben himself.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ascension's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraik View Post
    Making Jesus. Yeah. I made a hippie. Exalted Healer, Vow of Poverty, Non Violence, and Peace. After reading over things I realised Level fifteen and the character would be a technical jesus
    Don't forget the Saint template.

    And @ everyone who has built a nuke in D&D... How?!? I keep hearing people talk about having done this, often with ludicrous components like a mushroom and a ball of twine, but none of them have explained the combination or how their character was supposed to have knowledge of nuclear weapons IC.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-04 at 10:12 PM.
    Braga avatar by Luci!

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraik View Post
    Making Jesus. Yeah. I made a hippie. Exalted Healer, Vow of Poverty, Non Violence, and Peace. After reading over things I realised Level fifteen and the character would be a technical jesus
    Did he often prepare Create Food and Water, and Purify Food and Drink? as well as the various versions of Restoration?
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Don't forget the Saint template.

    And @ everyone who has built a nuke in D&D... How?!? I keep hearing people talk about having done this, often with ludicrous components like a mushroom and a ball of twine, but none of them have explained the combination or how their character was supposed to have knowledge of nuclear weapons IC.
    I'd do it with Major Creation. It lets you make metal. Uranium 238 is a metal. And as the Anti Osmium Apocalypse Bomb, I don't think U-238 has a listed price, so with Eschew Materials, you can make large amounts of the stuff.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Speaking of the anti-osmium bomb, how exactly is that done with Major Creation? Antimatter is sort of defined by the fact that it's the opposite of matter, and Major Creation specifically mentions creating matter.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    purple gelatinous cube o' Doom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on a cosmic wagon train
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I actually managed to get planar shepherd on top of druid. With the dream plane. For 2 sessions.
    I've got you beat. I got a dire tiger animal companion in a 3.5 game for the whole campaign.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

    My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

    Player
    currently none

    Creations:
    Fimbulwight

    I have my own RB thread right here.





    Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom View Post
    I've got you beat. I got a dire tiger animal companion in a 3.5 game for the whole campaign.
    Oh... the whole campaign you say?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Speaking of the anti-osmium bomb, how exactly is that done with Major Creation? Antimatter is sort of defined by the fact that it's the opposite of matter, and Major Creation specifically mentions creating matter.
    Well... Major Creation specifically states you can also make metal, nad Anti-Osmium is still a metal, even if it's a metal made of antimatter.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Our GM had just given us our own house in a 3.0 game, and I'd just gotten hold of the arms and equipment guide. So I began looking at potential guard creatures as well as possible mounts for my halfling to ride and asked the GM if he'd allow them:

    Owlbear?

    No

    Mimic?

    No

    Gelatinous cube (for a mount)?

    No

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom View Post
    I've got you beat. I got a dire tiger animal companion in a 3.5 game for the whole campaign.
    Do you know what Planar Shepherds do?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Well... Major Creation specifically states you can also make metal, nad Anti-Osmium is still a metal, even if it's a metal made of antimatter.
    ...that's the reason? If so, that's disappointingly flimsy for a Campaign Smasher build, they're usually airtight. Minor Creation allows you to create vegetable matter. Major Creation is as Minor Creation, but can also create stone, crystal, or metal - but nothing about it no longer being restricted to matter.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator
     
    Douglas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    In one of my campaigns the DM put a permanent portable Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion in our loot at some point. We proceeded to use it to loot EVERYTHING we came across. We even abducted a zombie janitor once. As I recall one of the rooms ended up as a sort of trophy room filled with the skeletons of various demons and devils we'd killed, and two clones of a BBEG's dead wife who we'd "rescued" before they'd gotten to the education/personality imprint/free leveling part of the production process became the cooks/main house staff.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

    Avatar by Ceika.

    Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Swordguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    ...that's the reason? If so, that's disappointingly flimsy for a Campaign Smasher build, they're usually airtight. Minor Creation allows you to create vegetable matter. Major Creation is as Minor Creation, but can also create stone, crystal, or metal - but nothing about it no longer being restricted to matter.
    As the creator of the anti-osmium bomb (see sig), here's the justification:

    As mentioned, the RAW states that "You create a nonmagical, unattended object of nonliving, vegetable matter" (minor creation), and "This spell functions like minor creation, except that you can also create an object of mineral nature" (major creation).

    So, it allows the creation of matter. Matter is not defined in the RAW. Thus, we are FORCED to go to the "real-world" definition of matter (because it's a qualifier - you can't create something that isn't matter - you need to know what the definition must be so you can limit the uses of the spell accordingly). The definition of matter is "commonly defined as being anything that has mass and that takes up space.".

    Osmium is a metal that has mass and takes up space. Anti-osmium is ALSO a metal that has mass and takes up space, but just happens to have an opposite charge on its protons and electrons. It has the same mass, same number of electron shells, same number of neutrons, and so forth. Thus, by the colloquial definition of "matter", it qualifies as summonable by the spell.

    Now, granted, by some very technical definitions antimatter is not matter. However, these involve a large amount of high-level physics, and, frankly, what's more believable? The designers, for no apparent reason, suddenly decided to use a highly technical definition of "matter" in a game that can't even get the names of actual, historic swords and armor right? More likely, they use the colloquial definition - to assume otherwise in this one, singular instance is simply to asinine to believe.

    Anti-osmium is absolutely summonable, by RAW.

    Now, whether you can know about it...well, where in RAW does it say you don't or can't? Limiting the sum total of what PCs can know and do to the RAW and only the RAW (it doesn't say you can, so you can't) is, I think, not a position any intelligent person wants to take. Do you want to be the one to tell your players "the RAW doesn't say you can do that cool stunt that would dramatically save the day, so you can't even try"? I wouldn't envy you if you did. The slippery slope that line of thinking starts is pretty bad...

    Disclaimer: I do not actually advocate the use of either anti-osmium nor asinine justifications such as this one in your game. Look at WHY I made this thing, for Ghu's sake! Look at the context of the thread it was posted in! Short of something like that, there's never an excuse to pull this kind of cheese on your DM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin
    Thus, knowing none of us are Sun Tzu or Napoleon or Julius Caesar...
    No, but Swordguy appears to have studied people who are. And took notes.
    "I'd complain about killing catgirls, but they're dead already. You killed them with your 685 quadrillion damage." - Mikeejimbo, in reference to this

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordguy View Post
    As the creator of the anti-osmium bomb (see sig), here's the justification:

    As mentioned, the RAW states that "You create a nonmagical, unattended object of nonliving, vegetable matter" (minor creation), and "This spell functions like minor creation, except that you can also create an object of mineral nature" (major creation).

    So, it allows the creation of matter. Matter is not defined in the RAW. Thus, we are FORCED to go to the "real-world" definition of matter (because it's a qualifier - you can't create something that isn't matter - you need to know what the definition must be so you can limit the uses of the spell accordingly). The definition of matter is "commonly defined as being anything that has mass and that takes up space.".

    Osmium is a metal that has mass and takes up space. Anti-osmium is ALSO a metal that has mass and takes up space, but just happens to have an opposite charge on its protons and electrons. It has the same mass, same number of electron shells, same number of neutrons, and so forth. Thus, by the colloquial definition of "matter", it qualifies as summonable by the spell.

    Now, granted, by some very technical definitions antimatter is not matter. However, these involve a large amount of high-level physics, and, frankly, what's more believable? The designers, for no apparent reason, suddenly decided to use a highly technical definition of "matter" in a game that can't even get the names of actual, historic swords and armor right? More likely, they use the colloquial definition - to assume otherwise in this one, singular instance is simply to asinine to believe.

    Anti-osmium is absolutely summonable, by RAW.

    Now, whether you can know about it...well, where in RAW does it say you don't or can't? Limiting the sum total of what PCs can know and do to the RAW and only the RAW (it doesn't say you can, so you can't) is, I think, not a position any intelligent person wants to take. Do you want to be the one to tell your players "the RAW doesn't say you can do that cool stunt that would dramatically save the day, so you can't even try"? I wouldn't envy you if you did. The slippery slope that line of thinking starts is pretty bad...

    Disclaimer: I do not actually advocate the use of either anti-osmium nor asinine justifications such as this one in your game. Look at WHY I made this thing, for Ghu's sake! Look at the context of the thread it was posted in! Short of something like that, there's never an excuse to pull this kind of cheese on your DM!

    That's better. My faith in cheese has been restored.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    With the chickens
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Polymorph a boulder into a piece of roast meat. Feed it to someone. A few hours later, a boulder appears inside them.

    Anti osmium bomb. That's the first I've heard of it, but it is genius. I had a gamebreaking competition with a friend once. Basically, whoever got initiative won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    xanaphia has gained: A Metal Head's approval!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Emperor Tippy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by xanaphia View Post
    Polymorph a boulder into a piece of roast meat. Feed it to someone. A few hours later, a boulder appears inside them.

    Anti osmium bomb. That's the first I've heard of it, but it is genius. I had a gamebreaking competition with a friend once. Basically, whoever got initiative won.
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    ...
    Can I sig this, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Bear bomb.
    We had a magic carpet and dropped our frenzy beserker (enlarged) into armies. We were going to take leadership and carpet bomb frenzy beserkers (level 18 game) but the DM started to break down. Just imagine it. Chain feather fall, have the swarms of level 1-5s fall down with inspire frenzy on, and the 5 cohorts beserkers with the 1 pc beserker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edan View Post
    My friend and I tried to run past a homebrew marshal type based slightly on Wheel of Time. The DM didn't pay much attention and when we got into the game my friend announced that he could "requisition" roughly 2 billion gold from his CO's (I think it was from an extra planar army or something). Then we went on to turn that large amount of gold into Instant Fortresses and used them as ranged weapons (something like 100d6 every round when we launched them at enemies.)

    Needless to say, that campaign ended after 2 sessions and we rerolled into reasonable classes.
    In wheel of time we had a lot of fun with the weave. Air hockey tables is my favorite invention I did. The weave where you blow wind across the surface? Perfect for this. Harden air, that is what is called.

    Also the wolfbrother presitege class would let you wave away prereqs if you took madness. So at level 1 I could enter it. (7d6 sanity) Level 2 I could enter with only 2d6 san O.o

    (20+ madness made ya crazy in WoT)

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno (yes, THAT Fresno)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by xanaphia View Post
    I had a gamebreaking competition with a friend once. Basically, whoever got initiative won.
    That's called a "wizard duel."
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous


  30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Emperor Tippy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: The most ridiculous thing you have tried to get past the DM

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanzh View Post
    ...
    Can I sig this, please?
    Feel free.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •