New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default d20 Modern/Etherscope classes in a D&D 3.5 game

What're your thoughts on allowing cross-pollination (as it were) between d20 Modern/Future and/or Etherscope (which uses the same system as d20 Modern for the unenlightened) and the fundamental classes of D&D? In particular, thoughts on the Enginaught and Cybernaught from Etherscope are appreciated--assume it's been reflavored as a "golem thing" rather than a "cybernaughtics thing".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: d20 Modern/Etherscope classes in a D&D 3.5 game

What, nobody?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

At the risk of killing catgirls, I kind of like the idea. I'd probably want to slightly retool the D&D core for it, of course.

That said, for a steampunk game it would fit fairly well, and Eberron could probably get away with a few of them.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would consider looking at the Dragonmech books, particularly the "Steamborg" class, if you want a cyborg-type fantasy character.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."