New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

biggrin [3.5]Wombles as a PC race

Just for laughs, I'm thinking of introducing Wombles as a PC race in a future homebrew campaign.

So far, this is what I'm looking at (going for LA +0):

+2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Charisma (wombles are clever and inventive, but physically on the weak side, and very shy and withdrawn)
    Small: As a Small creature, a womble gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
    Womble base land speed is 20 feet.
    Low-Light Vision: A womble can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    +2 racial bonus on all Craft checks
    +2 racial bonus on Use Magic Device and Disable Device checks
    +1 natural armor bonus.
    Automatic Languages: Common and Womble. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Halfling.
    Favored Class: ??? (Artificer would fit, but I don't use that class in my campaign setting)

...any thoughts, improvements or criticisms?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: [3.5]Wombles as a PC race

Haha, I got my little 3 month-old niece a little stuffed Tobermory!

The stat bonuses/negatives seem to be rather underpowered by WotC's logic -- consider that Half-Orcs get +2 Str for -4 in mental stats -- but WotC's logic is a little wonky sometimes . I'd say they'd make absolutely awsome Wizards as they stand. Int bonus? Check. Penalties to stats that don't matter? Check. Small size for bonus touch AC and attack rolls? Check. Natural armor bonus? Check. They'd be kind of horrible at anything other than Wizards and Rogues though...
    "He was killed three years ago by some bad clams."
    "Bad clams?"
    "Yes - They had axes."
    --Girl Genius

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been literraly over 15 years since I've seen them, but would bonuses to stealth skills help? (They could have the option of Taking 10 on all Hide and MS checks.)
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Use Gnomes, but replace their racial SLAs with Favoured Enemy:Litter. Job done.

Statting out The Clangers though; there's a challenge...I'm thinking Tiny-sized Tarrasques.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-11-10 at 05:51 AM.