Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The MagCave

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [ACRO] The MagCave

It was bound to happen. Increased feelings of loneliness even when amongst his Acronym friends, excruciating boredom, complete insanity, all those different personality waffles in the lab insisting that there really wasn't much of a place for him, the failed bank robbery...

With a sigh and disturbingly ease (He only died twice while gathering things for the trip), Magtok leaves AMEN, and finds a little hidden cave wedged uncomfortably between Town and the Acronyms.

It isn't long before the place looks totally awesome. A giant nickel leans against one wall, a giant mechanical Draken looms ominously, the MagMobile, SubMagrine, MagCopter, HindenMag, Magtanic, MagJet, Magcycle, and the Death Mag all rest in the garage, and an unneccesarily large computer armed with Mag-Google rests in the main room, along with Magtok's various disguises, as well as anything else that seems to rip-off Batman that he could think of.

Satisfied with his work, Magtok slides into the Magchair by the really big Magcomputer, and spins around in circles to celebrate his new-found independence (and that new thread smell).
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2009-06-05 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The MagCave

DC decloaks behind Magtok. Of course, Magtok will see him as soon as he spins around.

Found the note.

DC looks around.

Nice computer.

DC sees the mechanical Draken.

Odd choice of decoration.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #3

Magtok stops spinning when DC arrives, sliding out and hitting his face against four keys on the keyboard, causing "lollipop" to appear on the screen. The computer then goes through the history of lollipops, the lollipop song, what superheroes have lollipops as their secret weakness, the ancient martial art of killing people with lollipops, etc.

Magtok gets back on his feet, glances at the screen, wonders why the heck he got MagGoogle installed on the thing, and then turns to DC.

Well, I was going to go with a mechanical dinosaur like the Dark Knight himself, but I couldn't find a way to unplug it and get it to stop talking about life back in the prehistoric days.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Wouldn't you think a mechanical Draken would talk about things like that too?
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #5

Magtok grins.

You'd think that, but apparently Draken's otherwordly, Lovecraft-ish history is too much for its poor mind. Part of its AI asploded and now it just does whatever I feel like telling to do, which'll probably consist of doing absolutely nothing and looking spooky.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

It doesn't come with an intelligent mechanical sword, does it?
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

The police box abruptly appears, without its typical vworp vworp sound or much fanfare at all. Vespe bursts out, rushing towards Magtok and attempting to crush him in a bull-rush bear hug. You quit AMEN! You quit AMEN! I knew this day would come!

Vespe dances around the cave joyously.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-11-10 at 09:01 PM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

8. - Top - End - #8

Magtok climbs back into his chair.

It did, but I sold it on eBay so I could get the giant nickel. Someone named Maggok or Lord Matlock or something should be getting it in the mail sometime soon. On a similar note, I also got a sweet deal on an intelligent mechanical sword. It should be arriving in the mail sometime-

And then Vespe comes, just before Magtok can resume spinning, to his dismay.

Aaaugh!

Maggy manages to pry Ratavo off of himself, and then shakes his head.

No, I didn't quit. I ran away. There's totally a difference. I could go back right now if I wanted to, my bloody paperwork and stuff is still there and everything, but I don't feel much like it, and that'd be kinda dumb if I came back just a couple of minutes later. So stop getting your happy dance all over my cave.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-11-10 at 09:07 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #9

the drop pod burrows up out of the brand new cement floors and Martin and Oscar hop out.
    "you're missing a butler. I suppose you could always clone/kidnap/brainwash Fullbladder's, though."
    Oscar examines the Hindenmag.
    "This has great potential for crashing into things and killing people. And once Herbert Morrison starts lamenting about the humanity, we kill that too. Yesss..."
    Martin smacks Oscar with a power armored backhand, then turns to Magtok.
    "It's such a pity you left when you did. I was hoping to compare evil scientist notes. Well, Come back when you feel sane again. Here, I brought a fruit basket."
    Martin sets down a large wicker basket filled with evil fruit. He then turns to Vespe.
    "You really shouldn't do that. Even if Magtok has temporarily left AMEN, I would assume he's still just as dangerous. And I hope he does recover his wits and come back soon, even if it's just for me to pick his brain. And circuitry."
    "Ooh, sanity? Guess what? boomdeyada!"
    "No, damnit! we're here to help, you idiot! Get back here!"
    Martin chases Oscar back into the drop pod, which shuts and proceeds to bore another gigantic hole in the floor of Magtok's new cave.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Uncle teleprots in, hangs his spare Magtok costume on the wall, and teleprots out.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

DC sighs at Magtok selling the mechanical Sapphire Slayer to himself.

Well, you're the same as always, at least.

DC fishes through his pocket and swaps genders for a brief moment before changing back.

I really need to wear gloves when I'm digging around in there.

DC takes out a smoke bomb.

Aand... Now.

DC throws the smoke bomb. Several vroom-vroom noises are heard in the smoke, and when it clears, there are several new holes in the floor.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #12

Magtok notes the costume drop-off, and then the holes.

Fudge, just got this place, and already people are putting holes in the fudging thing.

The cyborg then decides he needs a much better place to hide the MagKeys, just in case, and retrieves it from under the totally inconspicuous welcome mat placed in the middle of the MagGarage, and tucks it away into a safe, which he locks and then promptly forgets the combination for. He doesn't notice yet, though. It seems he's a bit preoccupied trying to figure out how the fruit in the basket could possibly be evil.

Hehe. Silly Ms.Dark Comette and some Marine guy I don't know very well yet and his buddy.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-11-10 at 09:26 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

DC has already changed back.

In addition, the holes have been melted shut by the drones DC just let in.

DC whistles innocently.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #14

Hmm...DC drones.

Magtok reaches into his robes, and pulls out a remote. With a single press of a button, they should find themselves lodged in DC's colon, and microscopic.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. Guess you're smarter than I give you credit for. Good thing they're too small to do anything.

DC knows where they are because he reads your mind.

Note to self: Make unauthorized teleportation proof drones.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #16

It's weird fruit, like durians and cherimoyas and evil-berries. And it's sentient. The fruits leap out of the basket and shove themselves down Magtok's throat, attempting to choke him, or, at the very least, force him to ingest nutritious fruit.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

A badly wounded Teddy Roosevelt staggers in. "Sorry about the bank robbery, Boss."

He collapses just inside the door and reverts to his natural shape.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Can't say I've seen him before.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #19

Magtok hops into his chair and slides to the computer, typing wildly and randomly like they do in the movies, until he accomplishes his goal of burying the thoughts of all future clones in a huge mess of 1s and 0s, which should cause a large headache for any psion looking into what would, even under normal circumstances, be quite a messy and unique mind to dig through.

Yes, he does all that while choking to death on a fiendish pineapple. It hurts like hell. And it kills him, prompting the arrival of a new clone, who rides down the firehouse-esque pole in the ceiling and into the totally awesome chair.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #20

Because there's really no better place to put this...

Suddenly, several glowing, vaguely humanoid images surround Vespe. VESPE RATAVO. YOU ARE CHARGED WITH HISTORICAL MEDDLING, INTERFERING WITH THE TIMESTREAM, THE DESTRUCTION OF MULTIPLE TIMELINES, AND GENERALLY GIVING EVERYONE A HEADACHE WITH YOUR ABUSE OF TIME. HOW DO YOU PLEAD?
    Um-
    GUILTY. YOU WILL BE STRIPPED OF YOUR TARDIS AS WELL AS YOUR NATURAL ABILITY TO TIME TRAVEL. GOOD DAY.

The glowing images vanish, and the police box with them, leaving Vespe rather depressed and confused.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

So, uh, you going to get to questioning me at the trial any time soon, Vespe?

"DC" flickers, revealing it was only a psychic image.

There is definitely no plot hole here. DC is just sneaky enough to leave a psychic image of himself behind without anyone noticing he's gone. Stealth cloak, after all.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2008-11-12 at 07:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #22

In a minute.

Vespe walks over to Magtok. I don't suppose you have any spare time machines lying around I could borrow? Preferably the kind that goes on your wrist so big meanie-head Time Lords can't take it away so easily.

Or a DeLorean. That would be cool too.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-11-11 at 08:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Shas wanders in.

Oh, Magtok, don't forget, you have no choice but to return eventually - much like TV tropes, AMEN has the power to consume souls, and right now I own yours.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

"Wait, what? What just happened?
    And who were those guys?
    "
    Yeah, Uncle's back.
    Dunno when he got there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

25. - Top - End - #25

Magtok frowns.

Yes, I know Shas. I don't care much about the soul though, never did me any good before. Sorry Vespe, the last time I took the Delorean for a spin, the flux capacitor broke and I've been trapped in colonial America ever since.

ZORP!

All of a sudden, the giant nickel becomes a giant British pound, and a red monocle replaces Magtok's red cybernetic eye.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, though. More tea, Mr. Ratavo? Oh, and I've jolly news for that time issue you seem to have fallen into, old boy. Seems I've just managed to "persuade" the lead actor of *ZORP!* that amazing Uwe Boll movie that came out a few weeks ago to hand over the portal they used in the film. Should work just fine for your intrepid adventures.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-11-11 at 09:05 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, Magtok. To the trial. Now.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #27

"Gah! I'm so con "

ZORP!

"I say!"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

UWE BOLL? THIS MADNESS MUST-

ZORP!

I say old bean, I find Uwe Boll's rendition of Metal Gear Solid quite smashing. I never did like the original story much anyway.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-11-11 at 09:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Image-DC looks confused. The ZORP does not affect him, as he is not really there.

Wait, what?
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

The Thug, who has apparently remained unnoticed all this time, crawls further into the cave rather pathetically.