New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Rules Questions

1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Rules Questions

this is not a rule question, merely a flavor text question, but this still seems the right place for it.

In the "goblin pride day" card, the goblin is uttering the slogan "we're mean, we're green, and we must be seen". every time i see the card, i feel that it must be a twist on a real, real-world slogan, except i have no idea what such a slogan could be. can someone enlighten me?
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    this is not a rule question, merely a flavor text question, but this still seems the right place for it.

In the "goblin pride day" card, the goblin is uttering the slogan "we're mean, we're green, and we must be seen". every time i see the card, i feel that it must be a twist on a real, real-world slogan, except i have no idea what such a slogan could be. can someone enlighten me?
    The only one I can think of is the widely parodied "We're Here! We're Queer! Get used to it!"'

3. - Top - End - #603
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

confused Re: Rules Questions

I was wondering: is the Seldom-Used Quarterstaff supposed to have a -2 to attack? Doesn't that make it useless?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-14<
    Charisma-12

Also, I like . And https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...pstghfz6jv.png.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belksworth View Post
    I was wondering: is the Seldom-Used Quarterstaff supposed to have a -2 to attack? Doesn't that make it useless?
    It is use-impaired, not useless.

It is intended to be a backup for V since most other combat shticks are flipped after use. Since you can't win a battle without a shtick (a winning roll only gets you a draw), the quarterstaff lets you have a chance of defeating the enemy, but at a penalty.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Rules Questions

Hello all,
    I have two questions :

1° What really happens when a Chronicler fails his Inspire roll for helping another character?

2° It is written in rules that a Heal roll can me made for healing a broken Character, making recovering a number of attribute points equal to the number of succes rolled. But can this Heal skill also be used for healing a non-broken Character? Can we Heal someone before he is broken?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    SW fan

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TESffaa1 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have two questions :

1° What really happens when a Chronicler fails his Inspire roll for helping another character?

2° It is written in rules that a Heal roll can me made for healing a broken Character, making recovering a number of attribute points equal to the number of succes rolled. But can this Heal skill also be used for healing a non-broken Character? Can we Heal someone before he is broken?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Just to clarify, this thread is for Rules Questions about the Order of the Stick Adventure Game. There are (to my knowledge) no Chroniclers in this game, and the only attributes characters can lose are wounds. Are you in the right forum? You probably want the Roleplaying forum, and probably the D&D 3.x, D&D 4e, or D&D 5e sub-forum (as appropriate).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If Belkar has only one copy of Halfling Rage, can he flip it for the bonus, then use a Screw This! card to unflip it (A Good Laugh would work), then unflip it again all in the same battle, for a total of +6 to Attack or Defense? Thanks.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ayek View Post
    If Belkar has only one copy of Halfling Rage, can he flip it for the bonus, then use a Screw This! card to unflip it (A Good Laugh would work), then unflip it again all in the same battle, for a total of +6 to Attack or Defense? Thanks.
    Hmmm. I would say no. I'd say you can't use any shtick more than once per die roll, regardless of whether it gets flipped or not. Multiple copies of shticks use their normal rules for stacking, of course.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2018-05-25 at 02:56 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello there.
    I apologize in advance if there are answers to my following questions hidden somewhere into this thread, but reading all pages would be unapproachably time-consuming to me. I'm also referring to the Deluxe edition of the game.

1) Is Elan's Poorely-planned illusion intended to be so OP? Granted I happened to be very lucky when playing as Elan, since I managed to get all three copies of them during the early game AND the shticks that also lets you wound an enemy instead of moving it (can't remember the name right now), it seemed a little too much: counting boosts from other Elan's cards and loots, PPI had a base defense/offense value of 14-16! In comparison V's Fireball, whilst killing a lot of enemies in one go, never reaches such high grounds (it caps at an attack value of 5, if I'm not mistaken).
    Were we playing it wrong? Was the boost nerfed? Do generic boosts to attack and defence (Dorukan's necklace, Bard song cards flipped through Lute, and the like) not apply, do monsters get to throw a die? It's a lot to unpack, I know, but PPI left me and my friends that much baffled.

2) We also noticed that some shticks, while having boost options, come in only one copy (Belkar' Sexy shoeless god of war is an example). This makes them virtually un-boostable, doesn't it? Were they meant to be boosted via Screw this! cards only? Or did we lose some?

Thank you for your patience.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Rules Questions

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowhere View Post

LGBQT activists in the 1990s (which was not long before the creation of OOTS!) would use variations on a chant of "We're here! We're queer! Get used to it!" in protests. I recall one case in which such a group was protesting some perceived discrimination at a ski resort and the chant was "We're here! We're queer! We're not going skiing!" :)

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by prayerborne View Post
    ... I recall one case in which such a group was protesting some perceived discrimination at a ski resort and the chant was "We're here! We're queer! We're not going skiing!" :)
    As a lesbian,

I prefer snowboarding anyway
    Last edited by Space Sorceress; 2024-03-12 at 10:33 PM.