New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Warhammer 40k D&D 3.x

This topic has probably been appearing every second month or so, but as someone who rarely finds time to talk to the awesome folks here in GITPF, I really don't have the time to skim through these threads to find what I'm looking for. Maybe some nice folks will point me in a good direction.
    So, my old campaign finished two months ago, and since then, everyone has been longing for D&D, but as usual, no-one wants to be the DM. As for some reason people seem to think I'm adept at 40k, I've been asked whether I'd be willing to DM a few sessions of a 40k world. Obviously, this offer did not include any system that would be reasonable to represent 40k, only that it shouldn't be too reminiscent of 4E.
    And NO, i do not want to debate whether 3.x or 4E is better, it's the preference of my players.
    So, to cut the c**p:
    Could you recommend a good, pre-made system for representing Warhammer 40K? Points for being downloadable, free, without nasty spyware and 3.5-like.
    Even pointing at threads would help. Thank you so much.
    In addition, experiences regarding such sessions are most welcome.
    Nota Bene! All people who claim I did something wrong, that I should search the forums more thoroughly or that I'm an unlikable person to begin with: You are correct. And I'm lazy as well.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by mustaju; 2008-11-14 at 08:28 PM.
    "Seeing virtue in idiocy is the prerogative of the young."
    Ulthwe Farseer Taldeer, during dialogue with Commander Thule of the Blood Ravens, in the game Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k D&D 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Thanks. This looks awesome. Just for comparison and Pete's sakes, are there any alternative rulebooks or awesome homebrews I should be aware of?
    "Seeing virtue in idiocy is the prerogative of the young."
    Ulthwe Farseer Taldeer, during dialogue with Commander Thule of the Blood Ravens, in the game Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War

4. - Top - End - #4

huh, interesting.... didn't know that existed!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mustaju View Post
    Thanks. This looks awesome. Just for comparison and Pete's sakes, are there any alternative rulebooks or awesome homebrews I should be aware of?
    Dark Heresy, the actual 40k RPG.