New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Rise of Rome - The Game Thread (At Last!)

Rome 49 BC

Friends, Roman, Countrymen, lend me your ears!

The Traitorous General Julius Ceaser has led his legions across the Rubicon, starting a civil war that threatens the stability of our noble republic! Even now his men are among us, seeking to take control of our very senate hall! Even some of our own are loyal to him, and not to our beloved republic! For the safety of all, we must declare a state of emergency until this traitor and those who serve him are caught and crucified!

Now, I yield the floor.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of Rome - The Game Thread (At Last!) ((Please move to Structured Games))

Meanwhile at the Colloseum!
    Queen Ceika of Egypt has arrived! All stand and bow to queen Ceika!
    Thenk you, I hope my stay will be more pleasant then the trip, attacked by pirates... Really?
    We will try to entertain you as best as we can, first up we will have our two best gladiators fight for you! In the west gate.......GOOFIMUS!
    Cheers soon start. Goofimus! Goofimus! Goofimus!
    And in the east gate.....DAKOTEMEDES!
    Dakotemedes! Dakotemdes! Dakotemedes!
    The winner of this fight will organize the rest of the fights and activity's during when you'l be attending Queen Ceika.

Soon the two gladiators start circling eachother.
    Goofimus, currently as a Retarius. Dakotemedes, currently as a Secutor!
    I don't want to fight you, Goofimus.
    Neither do I, my friend, but the laws and the peoples demand it. We can do nothing...
    Maybe....Maybe, we can do something.
    Like what? We can probably defeat most of the animals and other gladiators they've got in here, but the senate, they would send armies after us for this public defial.
    Yes...Yes, they would send armies.....Unless we manage to get her favor....
    I see what you're getting at my friend.
    But how will we do it?
    Hmmm, do you remember the tale of the gladiator who wouldn't kill the lesser men?
    Yes...Yes I do, he was a public hero...But the senate....
    Indeed, but we have our trick card, miss queen Ceika over there to stop the senate, and if we please her, the senate can do nothing!
    Brilliant, but we just need a way to figure out how to please her....
    Lets spar for a small bit so that the audience won't get bored, ok?
    Sure, it will give us time anyway...
    The two stopped the eternal circling and carefully attacked. Dakotemedes doing the occasional quick jab with his gladius. Goofimus usually blocking with his trident.
    I've heard- Jab. stories of how the queen. Parry. has something. Jab, block against her dear Ceasar. Swipe. Taking away two of his top gladiators, hmmm, and make it think it was her idea ofcourse? Parry, jab, block. It's the only way it'l work. We won't get recognition from the people for our plan, but we will for standing up, and we will get our freedom! Block, block. swipe. Yes, this must work. Or we'l have to run like Neptune, Pluto and Mercury are on our tails! Swipe, jab. I preferr the first one, but both will do, better then fighting to our deaths quickly here... And with that, they threw their weapons away and appealed before Queen Ceika.
    My queen! We are best friends, we have been since childhood, we do not want to kill eachother! Let us fight against all the animals of the arena for what we care, but do not make us kill eachother, I plead to you!
    The following statements was met from What's and how's and stunned looks from trying to be this bold and brave.
    Hmm....this would surely give Ceasar a hit back.....Losing two of his best gladiators.. Very well, you will not fight anymore! You will toghetter organize the rest of the plays in my presence! Now begone before I take your offer and do let them release all of the animals.
    Our thenks is great and for that, we will dedicate all of our time to please you the most we can during your stay.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Narrator : Eldritch Knight.
    Co-Narrators : Supagoof and Dallas-Dakota

Role PM's will be send out today, if you do not receive one within 13/14 hours, PM me.

Here are the standard PM's, so that showing role PM's has no proof or anything.
    Villager
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear citizen or visiting foreigner.
    You have chosen to participate in the Werewolf game : Rise of Rome!
    Your are a villager, your role is to point in red each day, we do not care if it's bolded, italic or underlined or something(though please, no points in images), you can also to vote whatever public voteing there may be.

Have fun with the game,
    DD

(Insert more role PM's which I'l write today here)

Player list :
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Player|Date of Death|Role
    Aemoh||
    Alarra||
    Banjo1985||
    Dr. Bath||
    Emperor Demonking||
    Fin||
    Fleeing Coward||
    Freshmeat||
    Griever||
    hap hazard||
    Helgraf||
    Hexed||
    iceddragons||
    Istari||
    Jontom Xire||
    Murska||
    Mustiado||
    Recaiden||
    Reinholdt||
    Selrahc||
    Shadow||
    Shadowcaller||
    shishnarfne||
    TehSheen||
    The Bushranger||
    Thes Hunter||
    Uncle Festy||
    Vampiric||
    xNadia||
    Zar Peter||[/table]

( Queen Ceika is being honoured in purely a RP mentioning, she does not know the player roles. Bothering her for the roles will be punished with a stern talking to and a punishment of standing in the corner)

( V : Stupid Roman editors....)
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-10-20 at 06:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of Rome - The Game Thread (At Last!) ((Please move to Structured Games))

Pirates and the Colloseum? In 49 BC 705 Ab Urbe condita?

Oh well. The rule of fun trumps historical accuracy. I'm cheering for Goofimus during the fight though.

Also, Poseidon, Hades and Hermes are all Greek. Their Roman equivalents were Neptune, Pluto and Mercury.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

4. - Top - End - #4

Hold for this narrator updates.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am afraid I must delay the actual start of this game yet again. Due to a death in the extended family, I will not be available to narrate until Monday at the earliest. I will have computer access and can answer questions, but I will not likely be in the ideal frame of mind to give this game justice.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    I am afraid I must delay the actual start of this game yet again. Due to a death in the extended family, I will not be available to narrate until Monday at the earliest. I will have computer access and can answer questions, but I will not likely be in the ideal frame of mind to give this game justice.
    Do as you must Liquidator. We shall be waiting.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Indeed. We shall be wating.
    The most awesome avatar ever by the amazing Dashwood!
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!
    Pokemon Trainer:1
    Wolf:2
    Horde Seer:1
    Mason:5
    Fool:1
    Villager:5
    Total Games:15

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm back, everyone. Not that it was particularly easy, but funerals never are.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

*Gives Eldritch Knight a cookie*
    The most awesome avatar ever by the amazing Dashwood!
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!
    Pokemon Trainer:1
    Wolf:2
    Horde Seer:1
    Mason:5
    Fool:1
    Villager:5
    Total Games:15

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Rules!

Rise of Rome

Affiliations:

The Senate
    Imperial Security (Masons)
    The Legions (Werewolves)
    The Citizenry

There would be X members of the senate, each with different loyalties. (Some loyal to themselves, some loyal to the senate, and at least one who's loyal to the legions...) There would also be a political aspect as the senate gets to vote on various laws that would affect the game. (Nothing TOO complex, mind you.) The senate's objective would be to eliminate traitors within their midst, and to assert control over the legions, (via the usual way, of course... Lynching, public execution, whatever). The Legions objectives would be of course to overthrow the senate and establish their alpha as Caeser.

Roles:

Senate:
    Praetor - (Special) - Carries extra influence regarding laws *
    Can veto/revoke 1 law every 3 days
    Law Votes count as 3.
    Speaker of the Senate - Seer
    Senate Security - Baner

The Twist - These roles are actually voted on by the members of the senate. (Thus, the one loyal to the Legions could find themselves actually being the seer, or the baner. (They of course DO NOT know the identity of the legion's members at the start!)) Given the election idea, killing the one who holds the role merely triggers a new vote for the role, all of which is done via PM to the narrators.

* Special - if a Pro-legion member of the senate is elected to the position, and there are at least twice as many legion members than senate members, the game is over with a legion victory. (Makes sense, considering that's pretty much how it went historically...)

Legion:
    Julius Caeser - Legion Alpha
    Tacitus - Legion Devil
    Augustus - Affiliation Seer (Ie, can only see senate member's affiliation)

Devil & Affiliation Seer are chosen by Caeser

LEGION DOES NOT KNOW PRO-LEGION MEMBERS OF SENATE AT START OF GAME!

Citizenry - Only villagers - but you may find yourself elected to a Senate position!

Note: - The Senate would be known to all players at the start of the game, as that is key to the flavour of the game. In order to counteract the advantage this would give to the legions, the following rule would be in effect - No Senate member could be killed by the legions until the Imperial Security is eliminated. (Senate members could still by lynched of course.) Should a senate member be targeted, the attack is ineffective.

Laws: These are special conditions that can influence the game either postively or negatively. One law shall be randomly proposed during each day face. The senate can vote laws into the constitution, spend time debating (Pass on law passing) or in the case of the Praetor, veto or revoke. In order to keep things far, and so that this particular feature can be implemented in later games with reasonable ease, the system will work as follows: I, in consultation with the other narrators, will make a deck of cards, (Which will only physically exist in my posession) which will be shuffled each time a new law is to be voted into order.

((I apologize for the delay - it's been a rough few weeks.))
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2008-11-01 at 11:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

No problem.
    … can we start the game now?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

would you allow last minute join ins? :hopeful eyes:
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #13

I Point at Fin.

Yes, I know the game hasn't technically started yet, but he's probably just going to auto-lynch anyway like he has been in so many other games recently, so that is my vote.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

14. - Top - End - #14

Ummmm so when is this game starting?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

When all roles have been distributed.
    But I iz on limited pc time, even now I'm not supposed to be on.
    Gotta run byeee.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of Rome - The Game Thread (At Last!)

Okay, I think it is fair to put this game on hold until Dalla-dakota is available again. I apologize for the inconvinence, but I would like to give the game the full attention it deserves. I'd like to thank him and Supagoof for their help, and I hope they'll be willing to co-narrate this game when the time comes to bring it online.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

What about this game? It seems to me Dallas-dakota is back, so it can proceed, or am I too optimistic?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PC time is still limited and I have withdrawn myself majorly from most WW games.(WW games I have recently signed up will not suffer for it, I have especially lessened the amount I'm in)
    I know I'l have a lot more time after the 11th, as my test week will be over then, then a week of normal school and then the holidays.

I'm deeply sorry everybody that I couldn't(or wouldn't) spend more time on it.
    Remaining roles will be out on the 12th, GMT +1, if not, then everybody who's in this game and is going to the gitp meetup on the 13th is free to hit my three times. Let's hope there aren't any of those....

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!