New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default WW Central IV: ALL wolves please read OPs!

--Werewolf Central IV--
    WW Central III
    WW Central II
    WW Central

--How to Use This Thread--
    Spoiler
    Show
    • If it's Bold, Italicized, colored in dark red, or any combination: Read It!
    • If it's in a spoiler, open it if applies to what you're looking for. But never forget rule #1.
    • To find what you're looking for, simply search this page and identify the appropriate heading and spoiler.
    • Post any questions, comments, ideas, what-have-you that relate to werewolf type games in this thread for discussion.
    • Let us know when your game is recruiting/starting/ending.
    • Share fun stuff you've created, such as Korith's games spreadsheet.

Hello all.
    I'm willing to take over WW Central for Lucky.
    This thread was designed by Lucky originally for the purposes of coordinating and maintaining all the werewolf games and variants. It has become a great tool for us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    With the recent overwhelming popularity of the Werewolves variant games, it has been decided that one central thread should be created to manage all these games. This is where you come to place a claim on running your own Werewolves or Werewolves variant game. It can also be used to develop ideas and gather interest for your own version of the game.

Whatever you're looking for in regards to werewolf games can be found on this page.
    Maybe not in this post, but somewhere on this first page.
    Everything from start dates to active games, rules (and optional rules) to games archives can be found here along with tools designed to make your game run smoother.

--Basic Game-Play Overview--
    Spoiler
    Show
    The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
    There's a day phase that happens from dawn til dausk in game. This period lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. Once a 25% majority has been reached, whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. If no 25% majority is reached, the mob cannot gather sufficient numbers to lynch anyone. If a 50% majority is reached, day may optionally end early, at that point.

The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk til dawn. This phase lasts 24 hours. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrators. This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrators who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- B) the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

This is just a brief overview of the rules.
    See below for the original rules by DungeonMaster77 or go to a game thread for individual games' specific rules.

--Original Werewolf Rules by DM77--
    --Note that these are the rules used for Werewolf Classic--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77
    Here are the rules:

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for the current round, I will begin. I (or whomever the co-Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a [insert position here] and votes. Well, it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Victory Conditions:

For the villagers to win, the villagers must kill all of the werewolves.

For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind:
    Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer.
    Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil.
    Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a brother Mason, as others may see it as a werewolf protecting a werewolf.
    Post #82 of the original Werewolves Game:
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77
    Ahh, the seeds of distrust take root...

*snip* to get to the important part*

From now on, I will stop trying to interpret implied *points at [fill in blank here]*, and will only change votes, or add votes based on people who actually post *points at [fill in blank here]* at the end of their post. For clarity's sake.
    Note that these should still be in red text.

--Interesting and Important Notes by Lucky--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Also for inspiration and other possible purposes, the Mafia Wikipedia Article

A couple other things to note when running a game of Werewolves:

A) Having a co-narrator is highly recommended, and from now on is mandatory in Werewolves and Werewolves Classic. This is to assist with the flow of the game, and just makes it easier on the narrator.
    B) If you are running a new edition of an established stream of Werewolves, you must wait until the end of the current edition until starting the next one. You may begin sign-ups before.

Rules on cheating:

The SMBG stance on cheating applies to all of these games, and cheaters will be punished as dictated by the SMBG rules.

However, after the culprit has been punished and s/he has served his time off from the werewolf games, it will become forgotten history. No one is to speak of it further, and any concern will be PMed to the narrators of that game, not posted in the thread.

Spreadsheet of the start dates and narrators.

Finally, if anyone has any other ideas as far as what to put in this thread, feel free to voice them here or PM them to me.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2009-01-20 at 12:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: WW Central IV

--Scheduling--

We've all decided amongst ourselves that we should only have one or two games starting in any given week. It has been discussed repeatedly and everyone seems to agree.

Please PM me or post here if you're planning on starting a game, so that we can coordinate everything properly.
    This will ensure that every game gets the attention that it deserves and will make every game more enjoyable.
    Thanks in advance.

Just as the Three Post Rule is usually enforced by ourselves rather than getting Mods involved, so too should rules that we've created for ourselves be so enforced. Please politely direct anyone starting a game out of turn to this thread.
    As this is not a forum rule, this can only be enforced by us.
    A little common courtesy goes a long way.

On the Issue of Scheduling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I'd also like to make a recommendation that he title of this thread contain something along the lines of "Please read this before starting your own WW game" although that's incredibly long. I don't know. I just think that this flurry of new games partially came about because a lot of the newer folks didn't know we had tried to setup a schedule.

In that vein, I wonder if it would be helpful to do a little self policing and when new game threads start up that aren't on the schedule someone could politely post in the recruitment thread to redirect the game starter here. You know, just to nudge people into trying to stick to the schedule. Just a thought.
    And I agree with Zeb on the point that perhaps a note should be made on starting any new game. However the fact that new threads can't be made in this forum right now hinders people from reading it/knowing about it.

Perhaps, as we are all shareholders in this, we can let those who do want to make a game know about the schedule and how to get on it, just like we nudge those who break the three post rule. With everyone's help, we can ensure a crazy start of games at the same time doesn't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Yeah, I will have to agree with problem of too many games starting up. I can understand everyone wants to run one, but sometimes the best idea is just to get on a wait list and run a current game.
    That said, I think anyone who wants to start a new werewolf type game should contact me before they start it. This way we can arrange a good start date that won't step on the toes of other games.
    And since I've taken the reigns for WW Central, that duty would now go to me (for better or worse).

And.... A big Thank You to evnafets for updating the spreadsheet.
    Now we just have to add in the new games and get an idea of where they're going to go in the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by evnafets
    Go and check the original werewolf spreadsheet again.

This is the spreadsheet.

I updated it quite a bit about a month ago, but I think the changes were never published
    And on the subject of the spreadsheet:
    *snip*

Also, send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want permission to edit the spreadsheet, I'll add anyone no problem. Then you can update information about your game as needed.

The spreadsheet - it's for everyone.

Also, who let the pie poisoner in the kitchen?

A note on posting Recruitment/Game Threads:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can now create games in the Structured Games sub-forum!
    The only problem is that we have to wait for a Mod *ahemAlarracough* to aprove it, so it will NOT show up immediately.
    If you need a second post to open your game, simply pout that in the Title of your thread so that your players will not post as soon as it goes up, like I did for this thread.
    Then change the Title when you're ready to play.

--Recruitment and Game Schedules--
    Note that the date listed is for the Game Thread to go up,
    not the recruitment thread.
    Begin recruitment at your leisure.

Waiting for your game to start? Read this post!

{table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start
    Ravnica|Uncle Festy, Alarra|Running|November 3
    Memesville|Haruki-kun|Running|November 9
    Catfight|onnasuma, banjo|Running|Nov 24
    WW Classic|Zar Peter|Running|Nov 24-28
    Fears|Cristo, Curly|Finished|Dec 11-12
    Witches & Warlocks|deathslayer7|Finished|Dec 15
    Pokemon|Istari|Running|Dec 18
    LoTR|d-d, Andre, Reinholdt|Running|Dec 29-30
    Animaniacs|PhantomFox|Running|January 1-2
    Rockstar 3|Raistlin1040|Running|January 8-9
    Death Note 2|Dragoon|Running|Jan 15
    Spytrap IV|Mordokai|Recruiting|Jan 19-20
    ||open|Jan 23
    Ultimate Kaos|Uncle Festy|Coming|January 26-27
    Starcraft 2|Shadowcaller|recruiting|Jan 29-30
    Assassins|Lex-Kat|Recruiting|Feb 2
    Twist/Heroes|EmperorDemonking|Coming|Feb 5-6
    Grave Robbers|LadyMeyers|Coming|Feb 9-10
    Mafia IX|Andre|Recruiting|Feb 12-13
    Witches & warlocks|deathslayer7|Coming|Feb 17
    ||open|Feb 19-20
    ||open|Feb 23-24
    ||open|Feb 26-27
    ||open|March 2-3
    |||
    LLD2|Goof|Coming|April 1
    The Day Candyland Broke|Griever|Coming|May 10-15 or so
    Discworld|Andre, ZP, Curly|Coming|On Hold
    Skies|Cristo|Coming|On Hold
    Kyou|Shadowcaller|Coming|On Hold
    Kobolds|Szilard|Coming|On Hold
    Demon, The Progeny|Banjo|Coming|On Hold
    Team Fortress 2|Shades of gray|Coming|???
    [/table]

To see the full calendar, go to
    www.wolvesitp.com
    To be added as a Devil, allowing you to update
    this calendar, PM Raldor and ask permission.
    page 19, 558
    Last edited by Shadow; 2009-01-20 at 12:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

--Narrating--
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to note at this point that I did indeed steal most of the following from Lucky's posts, as well.

Looking for a co-narrator for one of your games?
    Here is a list of people who want to help narrate, but don't necessarily have an idea of their own, or aren't picky about what they narrate. Give them a PM and ask them if they're up for it:

Co-Narrator List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Andre Fairchilde
    Eldritch Knight
    Helgraf
    Joosbawx
    Kantur
    Malmagor Andrigal
    Pwenet
    Raistlin1040
    Raldor
    Shadow
    Supagoof
    Traveling Angel
    Zeb the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    The co-narrator serves many purposes
    1) It can help with sending out the opening PM's to players.
    2) it can give the narrator someone to talk to about the game and how its going
    3) It is someone the narrator can plot with about any changes to make (but that's not relevant in classic)
    4) if the narrator cannot fulfill his duties for any reason, the co-narrator can cover his back and make an update or two.
    5) OOOOH, writing descriptions is good too.
    Narrating Tools:

PM Box filling up too fast?
    Check out the Offline PM Viewer!

Korith's Excel Spreadsheet. - A great tool for Werewolves Classic to assign all the basic roles. Also includes an option to add up to 10 custom roles, making it also useful for almost any other werewolf variant.
    Instructions are included inside.

Notes on Korith's Spreadsheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    Having spoken with Korith, I've discovered something his spreadsheet was not designed to do, but he has suggested a workaround.

His spreadsheet is not designed to handle an alpha game, but he has suggested that should an alpha pick someone who already had a role, that role becomes reassigned. It's not the most effective solution, but it works.
    Why would you try to assign roles before the Alpha had chosen their team?
    You'd wait until the Alpha had chosen before deciding any other roles by necessity, wouldn't you?

I think it wouldn be easier to just remove the "wolf" roles (and their players) as choices and assign the roles remaining to the players remaining?

I haven't used his sheet yet, but that seems the most efficient to me.
    Yes, that's the most efficient way to do it, however, that then makes it difficult to import into a spreadsheet to actually track the game, and also doesn't account for the idea that a person could have an additional role besides 'wolf', such as the lovers, customarily.
    But, unless I'm mistaken, his sheet only assigns one role per player, doesn't it?
    So it would never assign a lover role to a wolf.
    You'd have to do it twice, the second time for possible secondary roles.
    IE: lovers, fueders, etc.
    At least that's the way that I read it.

Just looked it up. That's the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korith's spreadsheet
    When the players have been copied into place, the position randomizer will activate automatically. This randomizer assigns roles to each player using a simple card-shuffling algorithm, thus ensuring that every role to be assigned will be assigned, and that each player will have exactly one role.
    *Is glad he's old fashioned and writes names on paper in a hat*
    So the only concern that we've found with Korith's wonderful tool is that in some circumstances you may need to use it twice with slightly different configurations each time in order to get a fully randomized role distribution.
    This will come into play when you're running an Alpha Game or when you have possible secondary roles that could be in addition to the player's primary role (such as lovers, fueders, ect.).

Current List of Claims:
    This is the list of people who wish to run a game in the future and have placed claims on certain editions of Werewolves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolves:
    XI- B-Man, Lucky
    XII- Kantur, Atreyu the Masked llama
    XIII- Zar Peter, CurlyKitGirl, Andre Fairchilde
    XIV:

Werewolves Classic:
    VII- DM77, Eldritch Knight
    ((DM77 has claim on Werewolves Classic until he decides otherwise, contact him if you wish to co-narrate.))

Mafia:
    (I think I can safely say that we all hope that Joosbawx and/or Andre will hold onto this one for as long as possible.)

Pirates:
    (Pirates is not up for grabs. Alarra, Atreyu the Masked Llama and Indurain are choosing to be greedy and keep it. Can'rt say as I blame them. Greedy people.)

Alien Invasion:
    III- Andre Fairchilde, EmeraldRose and ??? have expressed an interest, but nothing definitive has come of it yet.
    (Note: Alien Invasion may or may not be up for grabs, please ask the current hosts before claiming the next version.)

Ye Olde West
    (Supagoof reserves the right to hold onto Ye Olde West until he decides otherwise with the help of Raldor if he wishes.
    He has expressed a possible interest in having a third however.
    If this is something that you're interested in, PM him or post your request here.)

Rebellion
    (Zeb the Troll reserves the right to hold onto Rebellion until he decides otherwise.)

Vampire
    (Shadow and Helgraf reserve the right to hold onto Vampires until they decide otherwise.)

Journies on the TARDIS
    (Korias has requested to be the main narrator for all future versions of TARDIS until further notice. Please PM him or ask here if you'd like to help.)

This is a Go-To-Guide for all your narration needs.

It lists handy stuff like a spreadsheet to randomly determine roles, who's running the next versions of games, who's willing to co-narrate with you, etc.

Last edited by Shadow; 2008-11-24 at 11:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

--Games Archives--
    Spoiler
    Show

--Single Run Games--

--Werewolf--
    The Original: Werewolf
    II: Werewolf II, Werwolf II, Part 2, Werewolf II, Part 3
    III: Werewolf III: A New Beginning
    IV: Werewolf IV
    V: Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD
    VI: Werewolf VI: The Paladins Strike Back
    VII: Werewolf VII: Urban Lycanthropy
    VIII: Werewolf VIII
    IX: Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havok
    X: Werewolf X-In The Midst Of A Battle

--Werewolf Classic--
    I: Werewolf Classic I
    II: Werewolves Classic II, Werewolves II, take 2
    III: Werewolf Classic III
    IV: Werewolf Classic IV
    V: Werewolf Classic V
    VI: Werewolf Classic VI: Rated PG-13 to R for violent descriptions of character Deaths
    VII: Werewof Classic VII: The Village

--Advent Children--
    I: Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth
    II: Advent Children II – The Battle for Balamb Garden
    III: Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust

--Alchemists--
    I: Alchemists
    II: Alchemists II

--Alien Invasion--
    I: Alien Invasion
    II: Alien Invasion II

--Baron Fatbelly--
    I, II & III were not Werewolf style games.
    IV: Fatbelly 4 - Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon

--Camp Sleeps-A-Lot--
    I: Camp Sleeps-A-Lot
    II: Camp Sleep S'More

--Convoy--
    I: Convoy
    II: The Return of Rubber Duck
    III: Bears in the Air
    IV: Cannonball Run
    V: Autobots, Role Out!!
    VI: Convoy From Hell
    VII: Convoy VII: Interstating the Obvious

--Empire--
    I: Empire
    II: Empire II: Where No Man Has Gone Before

--Journies on the TARDIS--
    I: Journies on the TARDIS
    II: TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor

--Mafia--
    I: Mafia I: Night of the Criminals
    II: Mafia II: Mass Intrigue
    III: Mafia III: The Maltese Falcon
    IV: Mafia Episode IV: A New Hutt
    V: Mafia V: The Maltese Falcon Returns(restarted as Mark II)
    V (Mk II): Mafia V: Mark II: The Return of the Narrator
    VI: Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon
    VII: Mafia VII: Revenge of the Blackhawks
    VIII: Mafia VIII

--Pirates--
    I: Pirates
    II: Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise
    III: Pirates III: At Forum's End
    IV: Pirates IV: Firefly Firefight!

--Rebellion--
    I: Rebellion
    II: Rebellion II
    III: Rebellion III: Reign of the Zombies
    IV: Rebellion IV: Death of the Lich King

--Revolution--
    I: Revolution
    II: Revolution Mk II
    III: Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia
    IV: Revolution IV: The Second Party

--Rockstar--
    I: Rockstar
    II: Rockstar II: The Rap Feud

--Spytrap--
    I: Spytrap
    II: Spytrap II: Desert Wolves
    III: Spytrap III - Prisoners of War

--TITANS!--
    I: TITANS!
    II: T2: Judgement Day

--Twin Village--
    I: Twin Village
    II: Twin Village 2

--Universal Smash Bros--
    I: Universal Smash Bros.
    II: Universal Smash Bros 2: Villain's Revenge

--Vampire--
    I: Vampire: Renfeild's Masquerade
    I: Vampire II: The Carfax Contingency

--Ye Olde West--
    I: Ye Olde West
    II: Ye Olde West II: The GOLD Rush
    III: YOW3: YOW3 - Cowboy Bebop Edition

Someone mention a game that you've never heard of?
    Someone mention a game that you'd like to read?

Look No Further!

If by chance I've missed any, please let me know (and a link would be nice )
    Last edited by Shadow; 2009-01-05 at 05:20 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

(this space reserved for upcoming ideas/needs)

Spoiler
    Show

to be removed/added in other posts where appropriate

--Optional Rules--
    --Notable Posts from the Original Thread--
    --Untested Spinoffs--
    Spoiler
    Show

The Fool
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood
    Rules Question: Do the Seer and Fool only see Werewolf or Villager (or Fool), or do they see specific like the Devil? This is WWClassic, obviously.
    They see specific roles. Originally for the fool I just decided for myself depending on how evil or cruel I was feeling that day, but I eventually started generating a number out of a list of all the remaining roles and took that.

In other words... If you have 2 wolves, 7 villagers and 1 seer left, in addition to the fool, you would generate a number between 1 and 10. If it was 1 or 2, they would see a wolf, if it was 3-9, they would see a villager, and if it was 10, they would see a Seer.
    Optional Predetermined "Fool's Scry" Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Save yourself some extra work every time the fool scries and assign everyone "fool roles" at the same time as you assign real roles. That way you just have to look it up on the list instead of counting how many of each are left each time, and it guarantees the fool gets consistent results for free.

Edit: Hmm, on second thought, that could lead to some bizarre readings like getting the Baner after the Baner has already been lynched, so it might not work so well.
    This could work well if you just play it as a villager after that happens. For example: who the Fool thinks is the Devil would just be "fool scried" as a regular wolf after that.

The Devil
    Spoiler
    Show

Optional Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77 View Post
    Hey All,

I have a question: How have we been playing the Devil role? Have we been ruling that the Werewolves know who the devil is and visa versa? I have found some info that says the Devil doesn't know who the werewolves are and the werewolves don't know who the Devil is. I think that I am going to go with this as 1) It makes for an interesting game. The devil is steering votes to kill villaigers, but at the same time trying not to look like the Seer or Fool, so as to avoid getting themselves killed at night. 2) The Devil will have to be more careful as to who they give info to. The Devil may end up trusting the Masons, thinking them Werewolves, only to get himself killed. 3)The Seer and Fool are going to have more fun, possibly even going as far as to trick them into killing the Devil, posing as the Devil, granted, only to get themselves killed, but not before being able to leak the identities of the werewolves to the town. 4) The werewolves will have to be careful with whom they get information. Trust the wrong person and scenario #3 can happen!

What do you all think?

Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Ya know, I've thought of an interesting mini-variant that is useful in games with more than one scryier-type.

Scry interference: Should more than one scryier type scry the same person in the same round, all results focused on that person will fail, due to cross-scrying interference ... too many people using the third eye to try and look at the same person at the same time create resonance that effectively cancels them out. They'd know the scry failed and why, but not who the other parties looking were.

I figure it's not likely to happen often, but might encourage multiple scriers to use a different tactic than, say, every seer trying to scry, say Alarra* on night one.

Yeah, this variant is deliberately designed to try and get seers to vary their initial scries or risk losing a night's work. And yes, this variant is also designed to give some of the 'heavily scried' players a friggin break. It's well obvious that certain players get scried considerably more often than others, under the theory that somehow the 'best' players will get a disproportionate number of special roles, which in a non-alpha game shouldn't really be the case, yet the situation remains...

* Insert name of frequently scried player here as appropriate.

Attention All Werewolves:
    If there's anything you'd like added to this thread, just let me know.
    If there's a game you'd like to run, just let me know.
    If you'd like to put a bid in for a start date, just....

....You get the idea.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feedback?
    Let's have it!

Now post away!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central IV: Please don't post here until I get the next few posts up

Finally I'm up on the list. Woot!
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Default Re: WW Central IV: ALL wolves please read OPs!

I told you, I update that about once a week.
    It's just that lately this thread goes 4-6 pages in that week....

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Only he that has been bad can truly understand what it means to be good.

Also, Atreyu has agreed to assist me in narrating Candyland!!! Wheeeeeeeee!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I told you, I update that about once a week.
    It's just that lately this thread goes 4-6 pages in that week....
    Somehow you forgot... or was it never announced? We will never know.
    Anyway: Black Iron Priso has ended. Long ago.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Somehow you forgot... or was it never announced? We will never know.
    Anyway: Black Iron Priso has ended. Long ago.
    Yeah, I don't have time to follow every single game.
    If no one comes here to tell me, I don't know about it.
    Thanks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat-Fight has just about started.

*smells new thread to see if it smells like a new book*

*is disappointed*

I love the smell of new books . Anyhow, I'll be posting my updated rules for Demon: The Progeny in a week or so, see if the tweaks I've made make it look more balanced.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

I, however, will be posting the rules for Skies of Arcadia now (it's amazing what I've got kicking around in my inbox...)

Blue Rogues:

Vyse (Baner):
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Blue Rogue and the Captain of the Delphinus. Vyse leads the Delphinus’ crew in searching for the Moon Crystals and preventing Valua from finding using them to take over Arcadia. Energetic, outgoing, and with a passion for exploration for adventure, if anyone can stop Valua it’s Vyse. Once per night Vyse can protect someone from night-kill. Scries as Vyse/Baner.

Aika (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vyse’s best friend and fellow Blue Rogue. Vyse and Aika have been sailing the skies over Arcadia nearly all their lives. Normally straightforward to the point of bluntness, Aika is not without a sense of cunning. Once per night, she can disguise a player’s role to make it appear to be any other role of her choosing. Scries as Aika/Disguiser.

Fina (Seer):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fina is a soft-spoken, gentle girl from an unknown land. It is her mission to secure the Moon Crystals and prevent them from being used. She travels with Cupil, a shapechanging companion creature. Once per night, Fina can scry a player to determine their role. Scries as Fina/Seer.

Enrique (Protector):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Crown Prince of Valua, Enrique ran away from his mother, Queen Teodora, in the Delphinus with Vyse, Aika, and Fina. Unfortunately, Enrique’s sailing legs never quite grew in, leaving him prone to bouts of skysickness. Enrique is a strong believer in justice and establishing diplomatic relationships with other nations and works to fight against his mother’s expansionistic war. Enrique can protect a player from assassination once per day phase. Scries as Enrique/Protector.

Gilder (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain of the Claudia, Gilder lives a free-wheeling life always in search of treasure, excitement, and beautiful women. Unfortunately for him, a fellow captain, Clara, has taken an interest in him and is intent on making him her husband. Through the chase, he has learned multiple ways to avoid and evade the woman. Once per night, Gilder can disguise a player's role for scrying. Scries as Gilder/Disguiser

Drachma (Day-Baner):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drachma is an old, gruff sailor and captain of the Little Jack. He was formerly a fisherman, but an encounter with the arcwhale Rhaknam wrecked his fishing boat and took his son. Now he sails in the Little Jack, searching for Rhaknam to kill him. During the night phase, Drachma may choose a player to hide on the Little Jack, protecting them from being lynched. Scries as Drachma/Day Baner.

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A denizen of Arcadia, one of the masses living on the islands. Each day they point at whom they wish to lynch. Scries as Villager.

Valua:

Galcian (Alpha):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Galcian is the High Admiral of the Valuan Armada. He is the head of the Valuan war effort and their quest for the Moon Crystals. A tactical genius, Galcian is rightly feared by pirates and nations alike. Galcian chooses the other Valuans and scries as a Villager.

Belleza (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belleza is the Admiral of the Fourth Valuan Fleet. She is an expert in espionage and stealth, often personally disguising herself to work undercover. She can apply her skills to another player, disguising their role. Scries as Belleza/Disguiser.

Vigoro (Killer):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vigoro is the Admiral of the Third Valuan Fleet. Vigoro is a huge man, standing over 7 feet tall and also has a strong womanizing streak in him. His motto is the best defense is a good offense and applies that motto to his tactics and his fleet. Once every four nights, Vigoro can target a player for a night kill. Scries as Vigoro/Killer.

Ramirez (Devil):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stoic Vice Captain under High Admiral Galcian. He owes loyalty to Galcian and no one else. Ramirez is a warrior nearly as feared as Galcian. His appearance bears a striking resemblance to Fina… Once per night, Ramirez may scry another player to determine their role. Scries as Ramirez/Devil.

De Loco (Controller):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Admiral of the Fifth Valuan Fleet. De Loco is a scientist and mechanic, constantly changing and modifying his flagship, the Chameleon. He is extremely protective of his machinery, chasing down anyone that dares damage his precious inventions and cruelly killing them. During the night phase, De Loco can choose a player. That player will have their point redirected to match De Loco's. The player will not be told their point was redirected. Scries as De Loco/Controller.

Gregorio (Voider):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Admiral of the Second Valuan Fleet. Gregorio has served Valua the longest and is a master of defensive tactics. He is a master at negating his opponent’s advantages. Once per night, Gregorio may void out another player’s ability. He will not be told if he was successful. Scries as Gregorio/Voider.

Others

Clara (Lovelorn)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clara is a Blue Rogue like Vyse, but rather than travel the skies in search of treasure and adventure, she travels for another reason: love, particularly the love of Gilder. Clara is completely obsessed with finding and marrying Gilder and constantly pursues him all across Arcadia. In addition to survival, Clara must capture (kill) Gilder. Scries as Clara/Lovelorn.

Piastol (Hunter)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also known as the Angel of Death, Piastol is a bounty hunter feared by Blue Rogues and Black Pirates alike. Recently she set her sights on Vyse and Aika for reasons known only to her. In addition to survival, Piastol must also kill Vyse and Aika. Scries as Piastol/Hunter.

Alfonso (Usurper)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    The disgraced former Admiral of the First Valuan Fleet, Alfonso was stripped of his position after numerous defeats at the hands of Vyse and his Blue Rogues. While he harbors a particular hatred for Vyse (and anyone not of noble blood, really), his targets are the men that removed him from his position as Admiral: Galcian and Ramirez. In addition to survival, Alfonso must kill Galcian and Ramirez. Scries as Alfonso/Usurper.

The others operate like the assassins did in Pirates. At the moment I'm thinking of putting in a very limited item system and planning on multiple special events.

13. - Top - End - #13

First page FTW!
    Ok, so it seems like Alarra and I have decided to put Ravnica on hiatus for a week, as we're both going to be gone.
    Just wanted to let you guys know.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Can someone explain to me, the point of a good guy disguiser.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Can someone explain to me, the point of a good guy disguiser.
    To hide your seer from the devil.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

To pretend you're a wolf, so that you can infiltrate the network, if it's a game where the wolves don't know each other. *has been done *
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-11-25 at 12:57 PM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    To pretend you're a wolf, so that you can infiltrate the network, if it's a game where the wolves don't know each other. *has been done *
    A possibility I am warring with myself on opening up. On the one paw, my last attempt at a blind game...didn't turn out so good and the number of power roles in this means I'm going to need a higher number of players. On the other, it opens up the above possibility...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    What game?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

I think there's a Catmuffin role in Cat Fight that scries as Custard Cat, to infiltrate the CCs.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    A possibility I am warring with myself on opening up. On the one paw, my last attempt at a blind game...didn't turn out so good and the number of power roles in this means I'm going to need a higher number of players. On the other, it opens up the above possibility...
    KITTY!!! *pounces*
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

First page post!

Also, Atreyu and Candyland... that's bound to be full of nutses, crazyness and fun!
    I'm still in!
    *nom's cookie part*

Whatdya mean there's no subsection for cookies?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I, however, will be posting the rules for Skies of Arcadia now (it's amazing what I've got kicking around in my inbox...)

Blue Rogues:

Vyse (Baner):
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Blue Rogue and the Captain of the Delphinus. Vyse leads the Delphinus’ crew in searching for the Moon Crystals and preventing Valua from finding using them to take over Arcadia. Energetic, outgoing, and with a passion for exploration for adventure, if anyone can stop Valua it’s Vyse. Once per night Vyse can protect someone from night-kill. Scries as Vyse/Baner.

Aika (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vyse’s best friend and fellow Blue Rogue. Vyse and Aika have been sailing the skies over Arcadia nearly all their lives. Normally straightforward to the point of bluntness, Aika is not without a sense of cunning. Once per night, she can disguise a player’s role to make it appear to be any other role of her choosing. Scries as Aika/Disguiser.

Fina (Seer):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fina is a soft-spoken, gentle girl from an unknown land. It is her mission to secure the Moon Crystals and prevent them from being used. She travels with Cupil, a shapechanging companion creature. Once per night, Fina can scry a player to determine their role. Scries as Fina/Seer.

Enrique (Protector):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Crown Prince of Valua, Enrique ran away from his mother, Queen Teodora, in the Delphinus with Vyse, Aika, and Fina. Unfortunately, Enrique’s sailing legs never quite grew in, leaving him prone to bouts of skysickness. Enrique is a strong believer in justice and establishing diplomatic relationships with other nations and works to fight against his mother’s expansionistic war. Enrique can protect a player from assassination once per day phase. Scries as Enrique/Protector.

Gilder (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain of the Claudia, Gilder lives a free-wheeling life always in search of treasure, excitement, and beautiful women. Unfortunately for him, a fellow captain, Clara, has taken an interest in him and is intent on making him her husband. Through the chase, he has learned multiple ways to avoid and evade the woman. Once per night, Gilder can disguise a player's role for scrying. Scries as Gilder/Disguiser

Drachma (Day-Baner):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drachma is an old, gruff sailor and captain of the Little Jack. He was formerly a fisherman, but an encounter with the arcwhale Rhaknam wrecked his fishing boat and took his son. Now he sails in the Little Jack, searching for Rhaknam to kill him. During the night phase, Drachma may choose a player to hide on the Little Jack, protecting them from being lynched. Scries as Drachma/Day Baner.

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A denizen of Arcadia, one of the masses living on the islands. Each day they point at whom they wish to lynch. Scries as Villager.

Valua:

Galcian (Alpha):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Galcian is the High Admiral of the Valuan Armada. He is the head of the Valuan war effort and their quest for the Moon Crystals. A tactical genius, Galcian is rightly feared by pirates and nations alike. Galcian chooses the other Valuans and scries as a Villager.

Belleza (Disguiser):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belleza is the Admiral of the Fourth Valuan Fleet. She is an expert in espionage and stealth, often personally disguising herself to work undercover. She can apply her skills to another player, disguising their role. Scries as Belleza/Disguiser.

Vigoro (Killer):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vigoro is the Admiral of the Third Valuan Fleet. Vigoro is a huge man, standing over 7 feet tall and also has a strong womanizing streak in him. His motto is the best defense is a good offense and applies that motto to his tactics and his fleet. Once every four nights, Vigoro can target a player for a night kill. Scries as Vigoro/Killer.

Ramirez (Devil):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stoic Vice Captain under High Admiral Galcian. He owes loyalty to Galcian and no one else. Ramirez is a warrior nearly as feared as Galcian. His appearance bears a striking resemblance to Fina… Once per night, Ramirez may scry another player to determine their role. Scries as Ramirez/Devil.

De Loco (Controller):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Admiral of the Fifth Valuan Fleet. De Loco is a scientist and mechanic, constantly changing and modifying his flagship, the Chameleon. He is extremely protective of his machinery, chasing down anyone that dares damage his precious inventions and cruelly killing them. During the night phase, De Loco can choose a player. That player will have their point redirected to match De Loco's. The player will not be told their point was redirected. Scries as De Loco/Controller.

Gregorio (Voider):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Admiral of the Second Valuan Fleet. Gregorio has served Valua the longest and is a master of defensive tactics. He is a master at negating his opponent’s advantages. Once per night, Gregorio may void out another player’s ability. He will not be told if he was successful. Scries as Gregorio/Voider.

Others

Clara (Lovelorn)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clara is a Blue Rogue like Vyse, but rather than travel the skies in search of treasure and adventure, she travels for another reason: love, particularly the love of Gilder. Clara is completely obsessed with finding and marrying Gilder and constantly pursues him all across Arcadia. In addition to survival, Clara must capture (kill) Gilder. Scries as Clara/Lovelorn.

Piastol (Hunter)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also known as the Angel of Death, Piastol is a bounty hunter feared by Blue Rogues and Black Pirates alike. Recently she set her sights on Vyse and Aika for reasons known only to her. In addition to survival, Piastol must also kill Vyse and Aika. Scries as Piastol/Hunter.

Alfonso (Usurper)-
    Spoiler
    Show
    The disgraced former Admiral of the First Valuan Fleet, Alfonso was stripped of his position after numerous defeats at the hands of Vyse and his Blue Rogues. While he harbors a particular hatred for Vyse (and anyone not of noble blood, really), his targets are the men that removed him from his position as Admiral: Galcian and Ramirez. In addition to survival, Alfonso must kill Galcian and Ramirez. Scries as Alfonso/Usurper.

The others operate like the assassins did in Pirates. At the moment I'm thinking of putting in a very limited item system and planning on multiple special events.
    Yay! So many good choices, too. This game had great characters. Hmm. Maybe instead of Enrique(I know I'm one of very few that like him) I'll RP De Loco. He was fun .

I want to see Mordokai get Vigoro.

V I was just thinking the personality mix would be fun to watch.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-11-25 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #23

Dunno, I don't really see the resemblance:

No comments on balance or potential problems? What about maybe making this a blind or partially blind game?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: The Schedule

Methinks Twist ended.
    -SPLAT!-

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, I don't have time to follow every single game.
    If no one comes here to tell me, I don't know about it.
    Thanks.
    My bad. It finished....

>_>
    <_<

Mmmmm.... new thread smell.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

biggrin Re: WW Central IV: ALL wolves please read OPs!

Shadow - shouldn't the title bar read : ALL VILLAGERS please read OPs!

I mean, no one is ever actually a wolf in these games, right?
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I am not a wolf. I can assure you that.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Shadow is always a wolf. Even when he's not.
    Isn't that the general consensus?

I mean, this was written by me, so it was written from my point of view, right?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadow is always a wolf. Even when he's not.
    Isn't that the general consensus?

I mean, this was written by me, so it was written from my point of view, right?
    No, I don't think so. You're just trying to confuse us once again. I say we lynch you and find out later.

*Points at Shadow*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

If I get lynched on page 1 of this thread, Alarra will have to run Central for you guys, and I'm fairly certain she wouldn't like that.
    It's kind of a pain in the arse.
    Don't do that to poor little 'larra.