New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Need One More Feat

My PnP group decided to do a 1-shot session with LVL 20, non-gestalt hack-and-slash. Authorized books are SRD, any Complete, BoVD, BoED, X Psionic Handbook, and Libris Mortis.

I have NOT bought equipment, so the below stats are just from the point buy and every-4-level-increases. The DM allows gauntlets to be enchanted like weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    LE Human Monk 3/Cleric 3/Sacred Fist 10/Disciple of Mephistophles 4

STR 16
    DEX 14
    CON 14
    INT 10
    WIS 20
    CHA 8

Domains: Fire, Evil

Feats:Power Attack, Combat Casting, Cleave, Evil Brand (Head), Disciple of Darkness, WF (Unarmed)

Skills: Balance 6(8), Conc 23 (25), Heal 13(18), Know (Religion) 22 (22), Spellcraft 4(4), Spot 15(20), Tumble 23(25)

I am leaning towards Fiery Burst from CMage, but am open to suggestions.

I'll also listen to tweeks on the build. However, I do want all 10 levels of SF and at least 3 levels of DiscMeph.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2008-12-08 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Removed Combat Reflexes from list of taken feats
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Need One More Feat

Improved Initative? Boring, but always useful.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Less Monk, more Cleric. You can't go wrong with this.

If you are striking unarmed, Improved Natural Attack is a must. It's in the Monstrous Manual, and increases the damage you deal as if you were a size catagory larger. Thus, as a medium creature, you'd pull your damage off the Large monk table, and if you Righteous Mighted yourself up to large, you'd pull your damage off the Huge monk table, or just extrapolate your large unarmed damage as if it were a large shifting to huge weapon. The rules for this are in the equipment portions of both the PHB and the DMG.

That should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    Less Monk, more Cleric. You can't go wrong with this.
    The most I could add is 1 level (I want Evasion and Combat Reflexes for free), 2 levels if I drop a level of DiscMeph.

(Looking at book...) Dropping one level of Monk would get 7th level spells. (works) Dropping a level of DiscMeph would hurt my BAB and Reflex save... (not so good)

If you are striking unarmed, Improved Natural Attack is a must. It's in the Monstrous Manual, and increases the damage you deal as if you were a size catagory larger.
    Useful. I'll see if the DM will let that one fly.

and if you Righteous Mighted yourself up to large,
    I hadn't gotten around to picking spells yet, so I'll keep that one in mind.

BTW, just realized Combat Reflexes should not be on the list in the OP, since I get it at Monk 2.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2008-12-08 at 01:36 PM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.