New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by RightHandless View Post
    That's right CurlyKitFans!

If you weren't insecure about your friendship before, you are now!

[Was epically insecure about his friendship before.]

Having read that, my insecurity has since ascended, it is now a deity, whose heart and soul are wrought from elemental doubt and who lives in the seventh circle of Mount Allofmyfriendssecretlyhateme.
    Looks at her above post:

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    I would never put anything personal on this thread. Especially not something like this. Plus, I never mentioned anything like this. Recall: I have always been single.
    How do you people believe I could actually write something like this to a real person anyway? I'm not like this.
    When I write fics I write as a character. I will never put something so personal on this.

I may draw on silly experiences or anecdotes from friends (or rarely, myself) as a plot for my sillier or sweeter stories, but never for heart breaky one or one like that.
    Emphasis mine.
    And to repeat: if I wanted to say anything even remotely like this I would say it in person/private. I do not air my dirty laundry in public.
    Everyone leaps into worry when I write a depressing/sad/tear-inducing/angry/horrible fic thinking it's about them or me.
    It is not.
    It never will be.
    Unless I explicitly state it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Cristo- Well done! You really are a great author. Mordokai gets some of his own quips in there, too. *cough*Celestinerocks*cough*
    There should be Celestine/Rein fics o.o

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #483

I'm being outpaced by my own familiar...I'm not sure how I should take that...

They clearly just have good taste...

Says someone that uses their tongue for toilet paper...

4. - Top - End - #484

I intend to do my first Christmas fic (and my first song fic in some twenty pages) to this song. Any volunteers for the parts? Gender is no barricade either.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I intend to do my first Christmas fic (and my first song fic in some twenty pages) to this song. Any volunteers for the parts? Gender is no barricade either.
    You know me, I'm down for whatever! Just stick me where you feel its appropriate.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

CSI: Playground

Part 1 of 2
    The Team:
    TwoBit: Gil Grissom
    Mordokai: Nick Stokes
    Reinholdt: Warrick Brown
    Deathslayer: Catherine Willows
    Slayer Draco: Sara Sidle
    Saint Nil: Greg Sanders (DNA tech)
    Cameo by Ghost Warlock as Captain Jim Brass
    Cameo by "Dirk Kris" as Doc Robbins.

The Case Cast:
    Vespe: Victim
    Lex: Victim's lover, suspect
    Happy: Hooker. Potential witness.
    Cristo Meyers: Lawyer. Obnoxious twit.
    Dallas: Victim's friend. Suspect

Author's note: As this is a CSI story, sometimes ages and details will be needed. I'm going to make them up. Any resemblance to actual ages or personal details is either a lucky guess on my part or a figment of your imagination. Take your pick. Oh, and Dirk? I forgot I needed another cameo after everyone was cast. Hope you don't mind me borrowing you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.
    They had always told him, practice makes perfect. Vespe knew he was a good swordsman. He knew he could beat most people in a straight duel, man to man. But still he practiced.
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.
    It was good for him. Kept him on edge. Honed, like his sword. And it kept him ready for the day when he would inevitably find an opponent who could match his skill.
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.

[hr]

Lights flashed, red and blue. It was a little cold out, but that was normal for this time of year. TwoBit didn't mind. What am I looking at, Ghost?

His old friend walked over, looking at the body in the alley before reading off a card. Vespe Ratavo, age 27. Lives down the street. Hooker over there called it in. Ghost jerked a thumb over his shoulder. Happy stood a short distance away, looking scared and talking to a police officer. She says 'he was like that when I found him'

TwoBit nodded. They always said that. He walked over to the body, putting down his equipment case and going through Vespe's pockets. Wallet, money, keys... everything was there. TwoBit heard footsteps behind him and looked up. Reinholdt looked back down.

Money's all there, the CSI noted. This wasn't a robbery.

But TwoBit wasn't listening. He had pulled a card out of the wallet and was looking at that. The vic was a registered member of the Playground Duelist's Society.

Yeah, so? Reinholdt, he said, holding up an empty scabbard, If he's a swordsman, where's his sword?

[hr]

TwoBit surveyed his team, as Vespe's body was carried off behind him. There was always a lot to do at the scene, and they'd need every man for this one. Every woman too, he reminded himself. Draco had just returned from vacation, and he was happy to see her again.

Okay. Reinholdt, you and Deathslayer process the scene. Draco and I are going to head back to the lab, we've got an autopsy to watch. Mordokai...

Mordokai nodded. I'll talk to the hooker.

You do that. TwoBit turned to Draco, motioning towards his SUV with his head. As they walked away, she looked over at him. Autopsy won't start for another half hour, at least, and it's only a ten minute drive back to the lab.

I know that.

Then why... She let the question trail off as TwoBit looked back over at her.

I'm sure we can find something to do while we wait.

[hr]

Hi, my name's Mordokai. I'm with the Playground crime lab, and I'd like to ask you a few questions.

Happy looked up at him. She had been crying. It was completely out of her experience, finding a body like that. Especially of someone she knew. Ok... She tried to hide a sniffle. What would you like to know?

Mordokai looked around. How often are you around here? He didn't want to be so impersonal. She seemed like a nice enough person, but he was on a case. He couldn't afford to make any mistakes. Even if she was kind of cute.

Every night. This is my corner.

Could you tell me what you saw?

Well, I had just gotten out of a car. Thought I saw something over by the alley. I went to check, and.. Happy sniffled. Found him.. Vespe.. like that... She looked as though she were about to start crying again.

Hey, it's alright. Mordokai reached over, putting a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, thankful for his attempt to comfort her. It's just.. I knew him. He was always so nice to me.

Was he one of your clients?

Sometimes. Not recently, though. I think he got a girlfriend.

Alright. One more. Did you see anyone else around? Last night?

No.. well, yes. One guy. He was kinda far away though, I never got a good look at him.

Thanks. You've been a big help. Mordokai moved to leave, but her hand caught his arm.

Could you stay? For a bit? I should really.. he sighed. yeah, alright.. She clearly needed to talk to someone. How could he say no?

[hr]

Hey Slayer, the vic was stabbed, wasn't he?

Yeah. He had a lot of blood on him, anyways. Why?

Because I'm not seeing enough blood in this alley. Reinholdt gestured at the small sticky puddle he was standing in front of. If he bled out, I don't think it happened here. We're looking for another crime scene.

Go ahead and look for it then.

Be better if both of us went. Besides, we've done all we can here. All that's left is to get this stuff on it's way to the lab.

Deathslayer grinned at him. You just want to spend more time with me.

I'll admit, there is that. But case first. I've got some directional blood droplets here. Let's go. The two of them set off, following a trail of little red dots.

[hr]

"What took you so long? I thought you would have been here fifteen minutes ago." Dirk Kris looked up from his sink at the two late arrivals.

Sorry, said TwoBit. We were held up.

Draco nodded. Traffic was real bad today. Do you have C.o.D.?

"Alright." Dirk shook his head and looked back down. "This guy took a pretty bad hit from something sharp. Punched through his right lung. But.." He cut them off with a raised hand. "That's not what killed him."

Then what did?

"Blunt force trauma. Look at this." The coroner pointed out a set of fractures and a small round hole on Vespe's skull. "Something impacted here, crushed the bone. Cause of Death was cerebral hemorrhaging. I pulled a few flecks of material out of the wound, sent them to trace."

Thanks Doc. TwoBit turned to Draco. Did you see anything at the scene that could have caused this?

She shook her head. Nothing. Far as I could tell, there wasn't anything at the scene that could have been used as a weapon.

TwoBit started to answer, when his cell phone went off. TwoBit. What? I'll be right there. He flipped the phone shut and looked back up at Draco. They've found his sword.

Hope I did this justice. It was turning out really long, so I decided to split it into a 2-parter. Let me know what you think. And yes, I know some of you haven't show up yet. You'll be in part 2.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-12-15 at 10:11 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #487

Awesome, Destro. That was great.

Had to kill a horde of writer's goblins for this one, and those little buggers just don't want to give it up sometimes...

Practice (Wolfbane/Reinholdt/Mi'ir (Cristo)/Serpentine/Mordokai)
    Spoiler
    Show

Wolfbane sat down beside the fire. “Something’s not right here.” Reinholdt looked up from looking at the fire. “There’s something hanging in the air, I can smell it.”

Reinholdt nodded slowly. “Mordokai the Humble, all the way out here…”

“That’s not all. Undead. The scent is heavy.”

“There’s been rumors. A town about a week from here. Every last villager dead.”

Wolfbane growled. “What is this? Whoever’s doing this has to know they’ll be caught…”

“Maybe that’s what they’re counting on.” Reinholdt picked up his rifle. “We should go. If the rumors are true…”

“Then the Redeemer is probably there.” Wolfbane fell silent for a moment, thinking. “He’s not going to stay there a full week, and it’ll take us at least that long to get out there.”

Reinholdt pointed the rifle towards the horizon. “He’ll need to report in, especially if that village was destroyed. There’s a town three days from here, probably one of the largest out here. He’ll head there first.”

Wolfbane smiled, well, wolfishly. “And we’ll be waiting for him.”

Reinholdt grinned. “Exactly.” He shouldered the rifle. “Best way to get information, right from the man himself.”

Serpentine was sitting cross-legged in what was the town square. Mi’ir sat down in front of her. “You know what you have to do. Just concentrate, reach out, and let the magic do its work.” Celestine sat nearby, watching impassively. “We both know you can do this.”

Serpentine took a deep breath and started to concentrate. She could almost call up the power at will now, though what she could do with it was still limited. She could feel the magic maintaining Mi’ir’s current form, reversing it should be easy. “Ok, here we go.” She reached out with the magic and let it work into the “knot” that held the spell in place. “There, that should…”

The world seemed to shift, like it had last time. Serpentine’s eyes started to water, blurring her vision. She could hear Celestine’s voice. “Oh, this is just too good…”

Serpentine rubbed her eyes and looked at Mi’ir. Except, Mi’ir wasn’t there, just a pile of her clothing. “What’d I do?”

Celestine purred and her tail twitched in amusement. “Just wait…”

The pile of clothing started to shift as something moved beneath it. Eventually something started to appear: a gold-furred kitten. It looked at itself: paws, tail, fur, and then up at Serpentine.

“Umm…Mi’ir?”

The kitten narrowed its eyes and nodded. Celestine eyed the kitten with amusement. “He’s so cute.” The kitten, Mi’ir, turned and growled at her. “Oh this is too much!”

“What just happened?” Mordokai asked, just now arriving on the scene. “Where’s Mi’ir?” Serpentine pointed wordlessly at the kitten. “You…you’re joking, right?”

“Nope,” Celestine said, “That’s Mi’ir…” The kitten padded off towards a nearby home.

“Tell me you can reverse that.” Mordokai said, “One cat is bad enough…”

“Hey!”

“I think the transformation is about over anyway.”

Mi’ir’s voice coming from the home confirmed Serpentine’s observation. “Clothes. NOW!”

Serpentine gathered up the clothes and walked them over to where Mi’ir had walked. She put them down inside the doorway and turned around.

“Did you at least fix the other transformation?” Mordokai asked.

Serpentine stifled a laugh. “No.”

Mi’ir stepped out of the house. “I think that’s enough for now…we’ll try again in a day or so…”

“Might as well save it, we’re going to head out to the next town tomorrow. If she can’t do it now, fully rested, then she probably won’t get it while we’re traveling.”

“I thought we were staying here for a few days.” Serpentine said.

“Mi’ir didn’t tell me there was a Heraldic Order temple in the next town.” Mordokai answered, “I have to report what happened here. Before I found out about that temple, there was no point in hurrying since the only thing I could do was send a messenger. Now I can report in person.”

“Wait, who told you about the temple?” Mi’ir asked, “It isn’t exactly common knowledge.”

“Your cat has a big mouth.”

Mi’ir blinked and turned to glare at Celestine. “Do you enjoy making me suffer?”

Celestine’s tail twitched. “You’ll live.”

“What’s she talking about?” Mordokai asked.

“Nothing.” Mi’ir turned back to Celestine, “You. You’re walking.”

“Completely worth it.”
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-12-15 at 09:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!
    *goes to read new ships*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post

Part 1 of 2
    The Team:

The Case Cast:

Author's note: As this is a CSI story, sometimes ages and details will be needed. I'm going to make them up. Any resemblance to actual ages or personal details is either a lucky guess on my part or a figment of your imagination. Take your pick. Oh, and Dirk? I forgot I needed another cameo after everyone was cast. Hope you don't mind me borrowing you.

Spoiler
    Show
    snip

Wow, that was insanely fun to read.

You did a terrific job of building the suspense. It kept my interest glued the entire time I was reading it.

Wow. I'm glad I broke my one hour computer time a night allowance so I could read this!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-15 at 09:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Out-witted By a Pixie

starring Nil, Wolfbane, Lex-kat, and Helgraf
    Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*

enjoy.

*hides from LEx-kat and Helgraf to avoid retribution. Moreso Helgraf.*
    No need to hide. It was awesome!! I loved crashing through the window in desperation, nearly killing myself, and unintentionally saving Wolfbane. It was awesome, I say.

He's not a Very Happy Drunk

starring Wolfbane, Mordokai, Nil
    Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Another great chapter in the epic story.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

A Werewolf Story
    Cast of characters in order of appearance: Happyturtle / Magtok / Twobitwriter / Mordokai / Lex-kat / Saint Nil / Rabbit / Surly / Vespe

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Loved it. Even the part where Lex, for no reason at all, goes out and gets herself torn to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Letter 4: Desperate times. (Zar/Lex-cat Also staring Haruki.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Yes!!! I've been waiting for another of these. Thank you. It was great!!

I feel like another

Letter

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    This made me very sad.

He's probably like me. He tries too hard, and fails completely. He doesn't even know what he's doing wrong. And no one tells him, either. And now the writer is just going to tear him to pieces.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Destro- I liked it all. Very well done sir. *grabs deathslayer7's hand and romances her by taking her to various crime scenes*

@ Cristo- Boo! I wanted more kitty Cristo screentime! Oh well. I'm finally back in it at least. Excellent work as usual.

Oh and I highly approve of Reinholdt/Celestine shipping. *nods*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Helgraf: I always have trouble picturing Maggy in a darker existence. Even so, wonderfully creepy ship. As always, you're amazing, and it fits my tastes perfectly.
    And ^this^ is the highest compliment you can pay me.

Now, to see what else is lurking in my forebrain and aftbrain.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Destro- I liked it all. Very well done sir. *grabs deathslayer7's hand and romances her by taking her to various crime scenes*

@ Cristo- Boo! I wanted more kitty Cristo screentime! Oh well. I'm finally back in it at least. Excellent work as usual.

Oh and I highly approve of Reinholdt/Celestine shipping. *nods*
    WAIT WAIT WAIT ... you mean Serpentine turned him into a ....

Mi'ir-cat?

:ROFL:
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    A Shipper's Carol

Part 3: Dirk Kris Fanboys and Fangirls unite!
    or: How Cristo's Jerkishness Affects Everyone!

Starrring: Cristo Meyers, Reinholdt, Dirk Kris, CurlyKitGirl, Mordokai, Wolfbane, and Slayer Draco. Cameos by Helgraf, Thufir, and Ghost Warlock

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Loving these, keep going, please.

Part 1 of 2
    The Team:

The Case Cast:

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Great so far. Can't wait to read the rest.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*starts the next part of the fic*

expect it soon.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Till Death Do Us Part

starring Nil, Mordokai, Wolfbane, Lex-kat, the villians.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lex-kat woke up in a rush, looking around her. She didn't recognize her surrondings. Her whole body ached. Then she remembered what happened. She jumped out the window. She pulled off the covers and quickly rose to her feet. The bed made a soft groan, and she flinched at the noise.

It wasn't until then that she noticed Nil sleeping beside the bed. Well not sleeping any more. He had one eye open and was watching Lex-kat. Sighing, he used the bed as support and pulled himself up, his body stiff from sleeping on the floor.

He smiled as he stretched. Good morning Lex-kat. he said. How are you?

Lex-kat stared at Nil, shock on her face. How did I? When did you? I I ... She stuttered, not sure which questions to ask.

Nil put a finger on her lips. How about we save all the questions for breakfast time? he said smiling.

She nodded.

Good! Nil said. Now can you do me a favor? I need you to rub this salve onto Wolfbane, and wake both of them up. He then thought what might happen if they both saw each other so soon. On second thought, don't wake them up yet. I'll be right back.

Going down to the innkeeper, he asked for breakfast to be prepared for four, and asked to use the private dining room. She only nodded. Heading back upstairs, Lex-kat was just finishing rubbing the salve into Wolfbane's skin.

Come now! It's time for them to wake up. We have a lot to talk about.

Wolfbane was already awake though. He felt Lex's hands rub the slave into his skin, but choose not to open his eyes.

Now it was Mordokai's turn. Nil pushed the Mordokai's arm lightly, but got no response. He kept on shaking it harder and harder till he started shaking him like a mad man.

Giving up, he grabbed the pitcher of water beside the stand and threw it into Mordokai's face. Mordokai instantly sat up, sputtering water out of his mouth and nose. He then grabbed his head in pain for moving so fast and groaned.

I see you are up Mordokai. Nil said smiling cheerfully. Why don't we get some breakfast. I'll answer your questions later. For now though, I will hold onto this. he said, holding onto Mordokai's sword.

Mordokai only stared blankly ahead for a moment before comprehending, then nodded. Heading downstairs, the four enetered the private dining room and sat down. Breakfast was served about 10 minutes later.

After everyone left, Nil said Let us fill our bellies before we talk. Enjoy.

With that, everyone rushed around the table, eating eggs, some bacon, toast, and drinking coffee or tea. After everyone had their fill, espcially Lex-kat, who hadn't had a good meal in days, Nil spoke again.

You all are wondering what happened to me, espcially you Mordokai, and I'm interested in each of your stories as well. For now though, heed me out. Then we will go in turns, and listen to each of yours.

As silence settled over the room, Nil began.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    How could you left her get away!? Magtok shouted at Helgraf. Is it so hard to capture and restrain a pixie, espcially when you had her trapped in a room!?What kind of idiot are you!?

Helgraf looked down at the floor, a frown on his face, not willing to meet Magtok's eyes. For an advisor, you sure are a crappy one! Magtok shouted at him. Maybe I should just get a mirror instead!?

I screwed up. he said simply, restraining the anger in his voice.

This more than a screw-up Helgraf! Her testimony could hang us all! RHL's and Happy's testimony could hang us as well! He paced the room in front of Helgraf, walking back and forth, shaking his head.

Reinholdt, Mangosta71, and Recaiden knocked on the door, then came in. Magtok looked up, and seeing them frowned once more.

Mangosta71 glanced at Helgraf a moment before looking back at Magtok. What do we do now? he asked.

Magtok snapped back to his thoughts. Turning to Reinholdt, he said. You can kill them now. Their usefulness has outlived their purpose, and we don't need them anymore. They are now a liability to us.

Reinholdt smiled at his good fortune. And of Lex-kat? he asked.

Helgraf will deal with that problem, wont you?

I will. he said.

Good. Mangosta. I will need you to secure the palace's perimeter. Double, no triple guards on duty. If even one of them believes something is strange, raise the alarm. We DON'T need a repeat of last time.

Helgraf scowled.

Recaiden. Magtok frowned for a moment, unsure where to place him. Make yourself useful. Do what you do best.

Recaiden nodded, a course of action already decided on.

Go. Magtok said, and everyone filed out the door. Helgraf scowling, Reinholdt smiling, Mangosta and Recaiden indifferent.

Magtok stared out the window and frowned.
    When Magtok took over, he discharged me from duty without honor saying that I helped the prisoner Wolfbane escape. He replaced my position as commander with Mangosta. Mordokai said, a scowl on his face as he looked at Wolfbane.

Wolfbane stared right back, now being able to see. His face was dead ice. Lex-kat looked between the two, unsure of what happened between them.

Nil sighed and shook his head. We have to act tonight. Magtok will be searching for us, and I would rather find him on our terms, then the other way around.

Looking around the table, Nil said. If you want to leave, now is the chance. If you stay here any longer, there is no turning back. He looked at Wolfbane.

I'm with you till the end. After all, I still am a prisoner, and my head is worth more then its weight in gold. he said.

Nil looked at Mordokai. I will follow you to the grave and beyond. Mordokai said. I am your captain after all.

Nil nodded. He then looked across the table at Lex-kat.

I have to save RHL and Happy. she said. I can't do that if I leave them now. I'm in.

Very well then. This is the plan. Nil spoke.

enjoy!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-16 at 02:16 AM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Till Death Do Us Part

Spoiler
    Show

Lex-kat woke up in a rush, looking around her. She didn't recognize her surrondings. Her whole body ached. Then she remembered what happened. She jumped out the window. She pulled off the covers and quickly rose to her feet. The bed made a soft groan, and she flinched at the noise.

It wasn't until then that she noticed Nil sleeping beside the bed. Well not sleeping any more. He had one eye open and was watching Lex-kat. Sighing, he used the bed as support and pulled himself up, his body stiff from sleeping on the floor.

He smiled as he stretched. Good morning Lex-kat. he said. How are you?

Lex-kat stared at Nil, shock on her face. How did I? When did you? I I ... She stuttered, not sure which questions to ask.

Nil put a finger on her lips. How about we save all the questions for breakfast time? he said smiling.

She nodded.

Good! Nil said. Now can you do me a favor? I need you to rub this salve onto Wolfbane, and wake both of them up. He then thought what might happen if they both saw each other so soon. On second thought, don't wake them up yet. I'll be right back.

Going down to the innkeeper, he asked for breakfast to be prepared for four, and asked to use the private dining room. She only nodded. Heading back upstairs, Lex-kat was just finishing rubbing the salve into Wolfbane's skin.

Come now! It's time for them to wake up. We have a lot to talk about.

Wolfbane was already awake though. He felt Lex's hands rub the slave into his skin, but choose not to open his eyes.

Now it was Mordokai's turn. Nil pushed the Mordokai's arm lightly, but got no response. He kept on shaking it harder and harder till he started shaking him like a mad man.

Giving up, he grabbed the pitcher of water beside the stand and threw it into Mordokai's face. Mordokai instantly sat up, sputtering water out of his mouth and nose. He then grabbed his head in pain for moving so fast and groaned.

I see you are up Mordokai. Nil said smiling cheerfully. Why don't we get some breakfast. I'll answer your questions later. For now though, I will hold onto this. he said, holding onto Mordokai's sword.

Mordokai only stared blankly ahead for a moment before comprehending, then nodded. Heading downstairs, the four enetered the private dining room and sat down. Breakfast was served about 10 minutes later.

After everyone left, Nil said Let us fill our bellies before we talk. Enjoy.

With that, everyone rushed around the table, eating eggs, some bacon, toast, and drinking coffee or tea. After everyone had their fill, espcially Lex-kat, who hadn't had a good meal in days, Nil spoke again.

You all are wondering what happened to me, espcially you Mordokai, and I'm interested in each of your stories as well. For now though, heed me out. Then we will go in turns, and listen to each of yours.

As silence settled over the room, Nil began.
    How could you left her get away!? Magtok shouted at Helgraf. Is it so hard to capture and restrain a pixie, espcially when you had her trapped in a room!?What kind of idiot are you!?

Helgraf looked down at the floor, a frown on his face, not willing to meet Magtok's eyes. For an advisor, you sure are a crappy one! Magtok shouted at him. Maybe I should just get a mirror instead!?

I screwed up. he said simply, restraining the anger in his voice.

This more than a screw-up Helgraf! Her testimony could hang us all! RHL's and Happy's testimony could hang us as well! He paced the room in front of Helgraf, walking back and forth, shaking his head.

Reinholdt, Mangosta71, and Recaiden knocked on the door, then came in. Magtok looked up, and seeing them frowned once more.

Mangosta71 glanced at Helgraf a moment before looking back at Magtok. What do we do now? he asked.

Magtok snapped back to his thoughts. Turning to Reinholdt, he said. You can kill them now. Their usefulness has outlived their purpose, and we don't need them anymore. They are now a liability to us.

Reinholdt smiled at his good fortune. And of Lex-kat? he asked.

Helgraf will deal with that problem, wont you?

I will. he said.

Good. Mangosta. I will need you to secure the palace's perimeter. Double, no triple guards on duty. If even one of them believes something is strange, raise the alarm. We DON'T need a repeat of last time.

Helgraf scowled.

Recaiden. Magtok frowned for a moment, unsure where to place him. Make yourself useful. Do what you do best.

Recaiden nodded, a course of action already decided on.

Go. Magtok said, and everyone filed out the door. Helgraf scowling, Reinholdt smiling, Mangosta and Recaiden indifferent.

Magtok stared out the window and frowned.
    When Magtok took over, he discharged me from duty without honor saying that I helped the prisoner Wolfbane escape. He replaced my position as commander with Mangosta. Mordokai said, a scowl on his face as he looked at Wolfbane.

Wolfbane stared right back, now being able to see. His face was dead ice. Lex-kat looked between the two, unsure of what happened between them.

Nil sighed and shook his head. We have to act tonight. Magtok will be searching for us, and I would rather find him on our terms, then the other way around.

Looking around the table, Nil said. If you want to leave, now is the chance. If you stay here any longer, there is no turning back. He looked at Wolfbane.

I'm with you till the end. After all, I still am a prisoner, and my head is worth more then its weight in gold. he said.

Nil looked at Mordokai. I will follow you to the grave and beyond. Mordokai said. I am your captain after all.

Nil nodded. He then looked across the table at Lex-kat.

I have to save RHL and Happy she said. I can't do that if I leave them now. I'm in. she said.

Very well then. This is the plan. Nil spoke.

enjoy!
    Much fun deathslayer. Always enjoyable.
    *skips to the dungeon*
    I get to kill Happppy, I get to kill Happpppy... Kidding Happy. I don't want to kill you.

Though I am curious about Recaiden's part in this. Hmmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I'm not sure how I'm going to do Recaiden. I don't know much about him.

@ Recaiden, some info about yourself would be nice. pm it if you can.

And wait until next scene Reinholdt. You will really love it.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

More Abridged Fic Comments!

@RHL: Poor Twobi, just when help was finally on the way, too. Poor Dallas, doesn't even know that his mission could already a failure. Hm. Going to work on a follow-up to this fic when I get done with these comments.

@Dirk: Hmmm. *wonders who Mango's quarry is*

@Inigo: Ruthless but worrisome Peter is fun. I like very much.

@Curly: Wonderfully indignant. Righteously indignant!

@Mango: Oooo... I'm very excited to see Ego drawn in. As well as a bit concerned for her eventual well-being.

@Happy: *wolfish grin*

@Cristo: Nice to see a practical side to our oft-honor-bound paladin. Also, blasted goblins! I'm glad to see you managed to fight them off for your second fic, it was well worth it!

@Destro: Wonderful so far.

@Deathslayer: If I were Wolfbane, I wouldn't want to move, either. MMMmm...

Okay, let's see if I can't get a fic written... Done!

I hope ya'll enjoy.

The Pyre (IStLY fic)
    ghost_warlock/RabbitHoleLost (Zar Peter, Mordokai, and Brandelle mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabbit rode from the palace. The rhythmic pounding of her skeletal steed’s hooves through the snow, the occasional cry and then crunch of some surprised rodent beneath the horse’s tread; these things soothed her, slowly cooled her ire.

Her thoughts clearing somewhat in the crisp night air, she considered her next course of action. All her rage, all her threats would amount to nothing if she did not have a plan; find a fitting way to put that girl, the paladin, and that accursed ghost in their place. Their place, of course, was that of a shambling, rotting husk or, perhaps, six feet below ground at the very least.

‘Mordokai,’ she thought, ‘all of this revolves somehow around you.’

But the paladin was likely far off, perhaps still in Edirne. She turned her steed towards the paladin’s home; perhaps there were some clues to be found there.

To her surprise, as she eventually neared the cottage, she could see a light shining from within. In the moonlight, she could just make out smoke rising from the chimney. She slowed her mount and paused; briefly terrified of what she may find when she looked within the small home. Had he returned so soon? Was that trollop there with him? What would they be doing so late, alone, in his home…?

She shivered at these thoughts. Then scowled and cursed herself, rationalizing her reaction to the chill night air. Her anger roused once more, she spurred the skeletal horse towards the paladin’s home. Just outside, she dismounted and went to the door.

Fueled by anger, she flung open the door without a moment’s hesitation and stepped within, drawing a dagger.

Inside, a tall man dressed in plain, yet fine, clothing stood by the fireplace, leafing through a thin book. The cottage was in shambles, as if it had been ransacked. Mordokai’s various personal effects and furniture lay scattered and broken about the antechamber. The man looked up at her and smiled thinly.

“Come in, Rabbit, and shut the door behind you; you’re letting the warmth out,” Ghost said.

“You! I…What are you doing here!?” she roared.

“Just stopping by the home of a…friend…on a chilly evening. I figured he wouldn’t be home for some time and it would be a pity if vandals broke in and cleaned the place out. I suppose you could say I’m house-sitting; helping myself to some light reading while I warm myself by the fire.” He closed the book and pointed it at her, gesturing her to come inside.

“What book is that?” she took a small step forward, curious.

“Oh, nothing special; Mordokai’s ‘memoirs,’ although I hesitate to use such a fine word for this tripe,” he considered for a moment. “Say, I don’t suppose you have a copy of the Book of Eibon I could borrow, do you? I’ve heard necromancers such as yourself sometimes keep a copy of those memoirs on hand and I have this friend who…”

She stared at him.

“No, I suppose not. Pity,” he said. “Ah, well, I guess if you’re here, now, I could probably be going. No sense both of us sitting around and being bored here. I do have business of a sort elsewhere.”

“The journal…What does it say?”

“Hm? Nothing much; Sune this, honor that. Rather boring, to tell the truth. Oh! You meant about you, didn’t you? Well, it does have a few, scant, passages I suppose you could interpret to mean he was talking about you. Turtle as well, I think, in retrospect. The last few entries are fairly erratic, though. Nothing quite coherent, just rambling on about some girl he was dreaming about. I assume that’s probably that peasant girl he was with in Edirne. Truthfully, there’s really nothing here worth worrying yourself over.”

He tossed the journal into the fireplace.

“No! Why did…!? I...!” she sputtered.

“Oh, it’s really nothing to fuss over, my sweet Rabbit. May as well be the life and times of a maggot.”

Your sweet!? How dare you patronize me!?” she roared.

“Interesting choice of words,” he grinned broadly. “You really don’t know anything about me, do you? Don’t recognize me at all… You disappoint me, Rabbit. It saddens me, also, to see you’ve allowed yourself to become a mere pawn in all of this. Who is your master, Rabbit? Is it Tsar Peter, has he turned you into his assassin? Perhaps, also, his whore?”

She screamed and lunged at him, thrusting the dagger towards his heart.

He tried to dodge, but only partially succeeded. The blade sunk deep into his side, just beneath his ribs. He caught her wrist and shoved her forcefully away. Stumbling backwards, she tripped over some stray debris, a chair leg perhaps, and fell to the floor.

“No,” he said. “It is not time for our confrontation yet, Rabbit. You must learn to be patient.”

“Curse patience!” she screamed as she climbed again to her feet, kicking whatever she’d tripped over aside. “You’re going to die for what you did; for saving Mordokai and violating my dreams. Die for…whatever your involvement with that girl!”

“What girl?” he asked.

But she was no longer listening, she charged at him again, raising the dagger to stab him with all her force.

“I said no!” he shouted, thrusting his right palm towards her, his fingers splayed. A cacophonous blast of force hammered into her as she ran at him, hurling her out the still-open door. Lifted off her feet from the impact, she landed in the snow outside the cottage, the wind knocked from her lungs.

She gulped the frigid air, coughing and trying to regain her breath.

“Rabbit, know that I have no wish to hurt you this day. Know there is nothing, here, in this home for you. Leave your foolishness behind you, forget the paladin and the creature he now travels with; a creature in the guise of a girl. You are above them; put this pettiness aside and start acting like it!”

“I…I’ll kill…I’ll kill you.” she gasped.

“You leave me no recourse, then. Goodbye, sweet Rabbit.”

A pulse of fire exploded from him in all directions, engulfing the wreckage within the cottage and blowing out the windows. A jet of the flames melted the snow outside as it flowed out the doorway, nearly scorching her boots. She drew back her legs and skittered away as yet another blast of flames, and another, burst from him and out the door.

The flames wreathed everything within the hut, the entire structure itself. Another pulse of flames collapsed the roof, leaving the former home nothing but burning wreckage.

Shocked, terrified, she sat in the snow. Her face lit and her body warmed by the flames as Mordokai’s cottage burned to the ground.

Edit: Also, I've somewhat restructured the IStLY archives, creating a 'preludes' section to which I've added mangosta71's series in response to this post.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-16 at 11:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    And to repeat: if I wanted to say anything even remotely like this I would say it in person/private. I do not air my dirty laundry in public.
    Everyone leaps into worry when I write a depressing/sad/tear-inducing/angry/horrible fic thinking it's about them or me.
    It is not.
    It never will be.
    Unless I explicitly state it.
    [Foolish Grin] I was not being serious Curly. I did not mean to upset you, if that is what I have done. It was meant as naught but self parody, no venom went into it's making.
    Last edited by RightHandless; 2008-12-16 at 04:30 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Till Death Do Us Part

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*

enjoy!
    You make me cry with joy. I just love this story.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Destro - I'm always willing.
    GW - excellent, as always. And I wonder who it is too. I have this problem with not thinking ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

23. - Top - End - #503

Cannot read everything, sorry...

@ RHL: Great part... very mean. Poor TwoBit.

@ Inigo: Loved it. War is hard. And dirty. Very good written.

@ Curly: Yes, you can write in this style. Although it sounds more like expressing feelings than an actual letter. To really write something like this to someone... there have to be many, many things running wrong. I imagine mential illness by the reciever... but than such a letter doesn't work at all, either.
    Anyway, it's obviously good written because many people feel touched by it and start thinking about a situation like this.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    WAIT WAIT WAIT ... you mean Serpentine turned him into a ....

Mi'ir-cat?

:ROFL:
    I've been wondering when someone would finally bring this joke out...

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Part 1 of 2
    The Team:

The Case Cast:

Spoiler
    Show
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.
    They had always told him, practice makes perfect. Vespe knew he was a good swordsman. He knew he could beat most people in a straight duel, man to man. But still he practiced.
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.
    It was good for him. Kept him on edge. Honed, like his sword. And it kept him ready for the day when he would inevitably find an opponent who could match his skill.
    Swing. Thrust. Parry.

<hr>

Lights flashed, red and blue. It was a little cold out, but that was normal for this time of year. TwoBit didn't mind. What am I looking at, Ghost?

His old friend walked over, looking at the body in the alley before reading off a card. Vespe Ratavo, age 27. Lives down the street. Hooker over there called it in. Ghost jerked a thumb over his shoulder. Happy stood a short distance away, looking scared and talking to a police officer. She says 'he was like that when I found him'

TwoBit nodded. They always said that. He walked over to the body, putting down his equipment case and going through Vespe's pockets. Wallet, money, keys... everything was there. TwoBit heard footsteps behind him and looked up. Reinholdt looked back down.

Money's all there, the CSI noted. This wasn't a robbery.

But TwoBit wasn't listening. He had pulled a card out of the wallet and was looking at that. The vic was a registered member of the Playground Duelist's Society.

Yeah, so? Reinholdt, he said, holding up an empty scabbard, If he's a swordsman, where's his sword?

<hr>

TwoBit surveyed his team, as Vespe's body was carried off behind him. There was always a lot to do at the scene, and they'd need every man for this one. Every woman too, he reminded himself. Draco had just returned from vacation, and he was happy to see her again.

Okay. Reinholdt, you and Deathslayer process the scene. Draco and I are going to head back to the lab, we've got an autopsy to watch. Mordokai...

Mordokai nodded. I'll talk to the hooker.

You do that. TwoBit turned to Draco, motioning towards his SUV with his head. As they walked away, she looked over at him. Autopsy won't start for another half hour, at least, and it's only a ten minute drive back to the lab.

I know that.

Then why... She let the question trail off as TwoBit looked back over at her.

I'm sure we can find something to do while we wait.

<hr>

Hi, my name's Mordokai. I'm with the Playground crime lab, and I'd like to ask you a few questions.

Happy looked up at him. She had been crying. It was completely out of her experience, finding a body like that. Especially of someone she knew. Ok... She tried to hide a sniffle. What would you like to know?

Mordokai looked around. How often are you around here? He didn't want to be so impersonal. She seemed like a nice enough person, but he was on a case. He couldn't afford to make any mistakes. Even if she was kind of cute.

Every night. This is my corner.

Could you tell me what you saw?

Well, I had just gotten out of a car. Thought I saw something over by the alley. I went to check, and.. Happy sniffled. Found him.. Vespe.. like that... She looked as though she were about to start crying again.

Hey, it's alright. Mordokai reached over, putting a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, thankful for his attempt to comfort her. It's just.. I knew him. He was always so nice to me.

Was he one of your clients?

Sometimes. Not recently, though. I think he got a girlfriend.

Alright. One more. Did you see anyone else around? Last night?

No.. well, yes. One guy. He was kinda far away though, I never got a good look at him.

Thanks. You've been a big help. Mordokai moved to leave, but her hand caught his arm.

Could you stay? For a bit? I should really.. he sighed. yeah, alright.. She clearly needed to talk to someone. How could he say no?

<hr>

Hey Slayer, the vic was stabbed, wasn't he?

Yeah. He had a lot of blood on him, anyways. Why?

Because I'm not seeing enough blood in this alley. Reinholdt gestured at the small sticky puddle he was standing in front of. If he bled out, I don't think it happened here. We're looking for another crime scene.

Go ahead and look for it then.

Be better if both of us went. Besides, we've done all we can here. All that's left is to get this stuff on it's way to the lab.

Deathslayer grinned at him. You just want to spend more time with me.

I'll admit, there is that. But case first. I've got some directional blood droplets here. Let's go. The two of them set off, following a trail of little red dots.

<hr>

"What took you so long? I thought you would have been here fifteen minutes ago." Dirk Kris looked up from his sink at the two late arrivals.

Sorry, said TwoBit. We were held up.

Draco nodded. Traffic was real bad today. Do you have C.o.D.?

"Alright." Dirk shook his head and looked back down. "This guy took a pretty bad hit from something sharp. Punched through his right lung. But.." He cut them off with a raised hand. "That's not what killed him."

Then what did?

"Blunt force trauma. Look at this." The coroner pointed out a set of fractures and a small round hole on Vespe's skull. "Something impacted here, crushed the bone. Cause of Death was cerebral hemorrhaging. I pulled a few flecks of material out of the wound, sent them to trace."

Thanks Doc. TwoBit turned to Draco. Did you see anything at the scene that could have caused this?

She shook her head. Nothing. Far as I could tell, there wasn't anything at the scene that could have been used as a weapon.

TwoBit started to answer, when his cell phone went off. TwoBit. What? I'll be right there. He flipped the phone shut and looked back up at Draco. They've found his sword.

Hope I did this justice. It was turning out really long, so I decided to split it into a 2-parter. Let me know what you think. And yes, I know some of you haven't show up yet. You'll be in part 2.
    Loved it, it would be better if I was included though....

Curly, that was just....delicious....please write more...I don't care what..just write moooore.

Curly, even a thousand a's would be delicious to read, coming from you.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-12-16 at 08:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Dreaming of a Mauve Christmas... - Featuring Mauve Shirt and Player Zero
    Spoiler
    Show
    The snow had accumulated those past few nights in a seemingly endless, feathery onslaught. To look out the window would be to gaze upon an unending expanse of pure winter, though this morning was quiet and still.

According to the thermometer, the temperature had plummeted to a hostile minus 40 outside. As far as the eye could see, people remained within their homes, trusting in the warmth of a furnace or fire to stave off the chills of this harsh season. Even if they desired to depart, many doors were held fast by the constant pressure of four feet of snow, holding them closed. That first night of the snowfall had been fierce and fast, but now it seemed to have finally settled down.

But then, in the distance, affronted by the merciless burning chill of winter, Mauve stood at the apex of the great hill that leads in to town. Her face was red from her body's continuous struggle to keep it's extremities warm, covered in six scarfs and a thick hood - but still the winter bit at her.

As she made her way through the town, seeking food or refuge from the unfeeling environment she found again and again that none would, and few could open their doors to her. None of the stores or restaurants were open, for those who would work in them could not stand to brave the freezing jaws of the season for a few hours of pay. Many stood by their windows, watching as Mauve passed from house to house, but none would come to her aid.

None but one, that is.

Deep inside the depths of the Cave of Winter's Heart, the Ice Conjurer watched with amusement as the young woman dared to resist the storm he had summoned. There was no question in his icy heart, that hers would be the first foolish life claimed by the impermeable force he had called upon the town. He watched with vicious amusement every stumble she made in the deep snow, wishing each one would be her last from the rotten core of his wicked heart. His pointed, snow white teeth gleamed with evil as his mouth shaped a cruel grin at her chosen fate.

And she fell in the snow.

The Ice Conjurer let out a malicious laugh that echoed through his lair, softly rumbling to the surface as a chill that seized at every spine. Unable to press further, Mauve cried a single tear before succumbing to an enveloping solipsism of darkness. She had wanted to deliver a gift to the orphanage at the end of the town, but there was no way she could make it now.

The Ice Conjurer's cruel spell worked it's way on Mauve. A sheet of snow blew over her and delivered her to a violent cage forged with bars of jagged ice. Pleased that he had finally claimed a prisoner, the Ice Conjurer approached Mauve's prison to gloat.

It could have been hours, or perhaps days, before Mauve stirred to consciousness, but there before her in elaborate robes as soft as snow, and with a gaze ten times as cold, was He Who Had Called The Final Winter, the Ice Conjurer. He mocked her foolishness in daring to brave the unstoppable storm that he had called upon the town, in a feeble attempt at altruism. No gift could be of use to an orphanage in the face of the Final Winter! Not even...no, not even the fine hand-crafted Mauve mittens she had made for each of the orphans. Even little Player Zero who had strayed from the orphanage, in search of a way to end this miserable world.

Little Player Zero, who now stood before her with the power he sought in his grasp, the means to freeze the world for eternity in a winter that would see no thaw.

Sure, it might have been a little clichéd as ways to end the world go, but little Player Zero was a reader, and no longer so little. And now his plan was succeeding!

But he remembered the time he had found a bird frozen in the ice, nearly dead. How Mauve had aided him in nursing the bird back to health, and how she sang with the bird when it again took flight in the spring...

But none of it! Mauve may have been kind to Player Zero and others, but it was better without all the other people! The storm had to continue! Soon the locals would run out of food in their homes, and would have to leave them behind to find more. Then, the power of winter would eliminate them one at a time, bringing them here to spend their last breath in a jagged cage with bars forged from the coldest ice.

Mauve looked at the Ice Conjurer. In his evil eyes she saw the familiar reflection of a child whom she had cared for, who had grown into a man with a wicked heart. Slowly, she got up, and cut her hand against one of the bars. Though she bled, it was warm, and with her other hand she removed a scarf and offered it to him.

"You look cold" she insisted, with a definite shiver in her voice.

The Ice Conjurer laughed at her. "My heart is colder than the depths of winter, for I have mastered it and it heeds my call!" And with that he stormed off to attend to the upkeep of his magic.

For days he would return and they would have these exchanges, Mauve trying to warm his heart ever so slightly, and Player Zero the Ice Conjurer laughing away the effort.

Though one day was different.

When he returned to see what effort she might make to try and turn him from his cause, he found her still and motionless in the cage. He laughed at her, then called to her, then yelled at her though she remained as motionless as a snowman in still winds.

An icicle slid from Player Zero's chest. His heart began to roar. It echoed through the Cave where he had established his lair, and he then dismissed the bars of the cage.

Holding her, he felt for a pulse. She lived, though barely - yet wherever he touched her she also grew more cold.

Player Zero let out a howl of despair, for he did not seek to become such a monster! He fled to the corner, ashamed of what he had done. Icicles continued to slide off of his body, eventually revealing a man - but so much had he despaired that he did not notice his transformation.

Mauve awoke with a chill. She was surrounded by freezing cold water, and in the distance she could hear the quiet sobbing of a man. She arose, though stumbled greatly on account of her numbness. Following the echoes of despair, she came upon a man soaked in his own tears and pressed her hand upon his shoulder to try and reassure him.

He swatted back her hand, wishing to be alone, before realizing whom the only other person nearby was.

Turning suddenly, he saw Mauve standing there, saddened by his sadness. Devoid of cruel motives, he found himself embracing her, apologizing endlessly for dooming the world.

Yet as he did so, a single rose erupted from the ice of the cave floor. It was then that Player Zero discovered that the final winter was not the end of all things, but rather of his loneliness. In the warmth of Zero and Mauve's embrace, the cave melted away and the magic of the place returned them to a rapidly forming spring on the surface. Soon the town was busy again, with people heading to work, but no more they needed to fear the chill of winter, for their town was now under the eternal warmth of love.

Fin.

*cough*

Yeah...anyway...
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Korith View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The snow had accumulated those past few nights in a seemingly endless, feathery onslaught. To look out the window would be to gaze upon an unending expanse of pure winter, though this morning was quiet and still.

According to the thermometer, the temperature had plummeted to a hostile minus 40 outside. As far as the eye could see, people remained within their homes, trusting in the warmth of a furnace or fire to stave off the chills of this harsh season. Even if they desired to depart, many doors were held fast by the constant pressure of four feet of snow, holding them closed. That first night of the snowfall had been fierce and fast, but now it seemed to have finally settled down.

But then, in the distance, affronted by the merciless burning chill of winter, Mauve stood at the apex of the great hill that leads in to town. Her face was red from her body's continuous struggle to keep it's extremities warm, covered in six scarfs and a thick hood - but still the winter bit at her.

As she made her way through the town, seeking food or refuge from the unfeeling environment she found again and again that none would, and few could open their doors to her. None of the stores or restaurants were open, for those who would work in them could not stand to brave the freezing jaws of the season for a few hours of pay. Many stood by their windows, watching as Mauve passed from house to house, but none would come to her aid.

None but one, that is.

Deep inside the depths of the Cave of Winter's Heart, the Ice Conjurer watched with amusement as the young woman dared to resist the storm he had summoned. There was no question in his icy heart, that hers would be the first foolish life claimed by the impermeable force he had called upon the town. He watched with vicious amusement every stumble she made in the deep snow, wishing each one would be her last from the rotten core of his wicked heart. His pointed, snow white teeth gleamed with evil as his mouth shaped a cruel grin at her chosen fate.

And she fell in the snow.

The Ice Conjurer let out a malicious laugh that echoed through his lair, softly rumbling to the surface as a chill that seized at every spine. Unable to press further, Mauve cried a single tear before succumbing to an enveloping solipsism of darkness. She had wanted to deliver a gift to the orphanage at the end of the town, but there was no way she could make it now.

The Ice Conjurer's cruel spell worked it's way on Mauve. A sheet of snow blew over her and delivered her to a violent cage forged with bars of jagged ice. Pleased that he had finally claimed a prisoner, the Ice Conjurer approached Mauve's prison to gloat.

It could have been hours, or perhaps days, before Mauve stirred to consciousness, but there before her in elaborate robes as soft as snow, and with a gaze ten times as cold, was He Who Had Called The Final Winter, the Ice Conjurer. He mocked her foolishness in daring to brave the unstoppable storm that he had called upon the town, in a feeble attempt at altruism. No gift could be of use to an orphanage in the face of the Final Winter! Not even...no, not even the fine hand-crafted Mauve mittens she had made for each of the orphans. Even little Player Zero who had strayed from the orphanage, in search of a way to end this miserable world.

Little Player Zero, who now stood before her with the power he sought in his grasp, the means to freeze the world for eternity in a winter that would see no thaw.

Sure, it might have been a little clichéd as ways to end the world go, but little Player Zero was a reader, and no longer so little. And now his plan was succeeding!

But he remembered the time he had found a bird frozen in the ice, nearly dead. How Mauve had aided him in nursing the bird back to health, and how she sang with the bird when it again took flight in the spring...

But none of it! Mauve may have been kind to Player Zero and others, but it was better without all the other people! The storm had to continue! Soon the locals would run out of food in their homes, and would have to leave them behind to find more. Then, the power of winter would eliminate them one at a time, bringing them here to spend their last breath in a jagged cage with bars forged from the coldest ice.

Mauve looked at the Ice Conjurer. In his evil eyes she saw the familiar reflection of a child whom she had cared for, who had grown into a man with a wicked heart. Slowly, she got up, and cut her hand against one of the bars. Though she bled, it was warm, and with her other hand she removed a scarf and offered it to him.

"You look cold" she insisted, with a definite shiver in her voice.

The Ice Conjurer laughed at her. "My heart is colder than the depths of winter, for I have mastered it and it heeds my call!" And with that he stormed off to attend to the upkeep of his magic.

For days he would return and they would have these exchanges, Mauve trying to warm his heart ever so slightly, and Player Zero the Ice Conjurer laughing away the effort.

Though one day was different.

When he returned to see what effort she might make to try and turn him from his cause, he found her still and motionless in the cage. He laughed at her, then called to her, then yelled at her though she remained as motionless as a snowman in still winds.

An icicle slid from Player Zero's chest. His heart began to roar. It echoed through the Cave where he had established his lair, and he then dismissed the bars of the cage.

Holding her, he felt for a pulse. She lived, though barely - yet wherever he touched her she also grew more cold.

Player Zero let out a howl of despair, for he did not seek to become such a monster! He fled to the corner, ashamed of what he had done. Icicles continued to slide off of his body, eventually revealing a man - but so much had he despaired that he did not notice his transformation.

Mauve awoke with a chill. She was surrounded by freezing cold water, and in the distance she could hear the quiet sobbing of a man. She arose, though stumbled greatly on account of her numbness. Following the echoes of despair, she came upon a man soaked in his own tears and pressed her hand upon his shoulder to try and reassure him.

He swatted back her hand, wishing to be alone, before realizing whom the only other person nearby was.

Turning suddenly, he saw Mauve standing there, saddened by his sadness. Devoid of cruel motives, he found himself embracing her, apologizing endlessly for dooming the world.

Yet as he did so, a single rose erupted from the ice of the cave floor. It was then that Player Zero discovered that the final winter was not the end of all things, but rather of his loneliness. In the warmth of Zero and Mauve's embrace, the cave melted away and the magic of the place returned them to a rapidly forming spring on the surface. Soon the town was busy again, with people heading to work, but no more they needed to fear the chill of winter, for their town was now under the eternal warmth of love.

Fin.
    Awwww... Poor Zero only wants to be loved...

@Twobit: I love A Shipper's Carol. Who wouldn't be a momma's boy if their mother was Curly?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korith - d'aaaaaaaaaaaaw!
    ...that is all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korith View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    snip

*cough*

Yeah...anyway...
    I liked it! I think your description is wonderful. Its always nice to see people who don't get shipped a lot get...well...shipped.

@Thufir: Glad you didn't take it personally. I just needed another cheap joke and you just randomly got picked as the victim. I was gonna do that to Helgraf, originally, but I figured he would hunt me down or something.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Korith- Wow. That was incredibly moving. Nearly at tears. Please keep up the great ships.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast