New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Ya know, it's actually kinda scary...the snow just picked up outside...

Zero's trying to kill me!
    Well, duh. Everyone in the shipping thread is trying to kill you, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well, duh. Everyone in the shipping thread is trying to kill you, remember?
    Yuk it up, fuzzball...

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Ya know, it's actually kinda scary...the snow just picked up outside...

Zero's trying to kill me!
    Dude...it's 70 degrees here.
    I know, you hate me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

4. - Top - End - #544

Now I'm wishing a frigid death on someone...

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

I'll side with Cristo on this. I'm only 4 hours North of him, approximately.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Maybe a retaliatory ship where I destroy the world and then have tea and biscuits.

And then I destroy the tea and biscuits.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-16 at 04:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmmm.......

Cookies & Milk Vs. Tea & Biscuits ship...

Hmmmmm......
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here is a version of Brandi done by the CrimsonAngel.

What do you guys think?

I gave a physical description, dark hair, eyes, all that.
    Then said she should be choosing between something conservative and normal and something kinda skeezy.

I iz pleased.

On a side note, Fayt may also be doing one - the shippers can vote!
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2008-12-16 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Here is a version of Brandi done by the CrimsonAngel.

What do you guys think?

And I think that's all I have to say about that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

First :

Second : Not the best art I've ever seen, the lines could use some thickening and he may improve.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

I think it looks fine.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Working on the next part of the fic. Expect it up within the hour. Eating lunch first though.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Infiltration

starring: lex-kat, Nil, Wolfbane, Mordokai, RHL, Happy, Draco, Dirk Kris, and Reinholdt
    Spoiler
    Show

A guard on duty looked around. Everything seemed normal. Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

He grabbed his sword handle at the unkown sound.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

There it was again, but where was it coming from.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

The guard looked up the see a lot of balls falling from the sky. More and more kept coming out of nowhere. He looked and saw them coming from over the wall.

Hey! he called out to others. Over here! Something's happening!

More guards came over and his shout, and even more came because they saw something stranger or heard it.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

The balls kept coming. What the hell is happening? a guard asked.

More guards came. Finally, someone shouted, Go to the other side and see what is going on.

Suddenly Lex-kat flew over the wall, she stood atop of it, and spread a fine dust into the air. The guards' eyelids drooped, and in seconds they were all asleep.

All clear. she said, as three grappling hooks were thrown up. Lex-kat secured them, and Nil, Wolfbane and Mordokai climbed up. All four stood upon the wall, gazing at the palace in front of them.

Let's go. Nil said. Securing the hooks once more, the three shimmied down while Lex-kat floated. At the bottom, Nil turned to Wolfbane, Anything? he asked.

Wolfbane's nose twitched as well as his ears. He listened but couldn't hear anything. He shook his head no.

Nil nodded. He signaled them with his hand, and all four crept along the garden towards the servants entrance.

Nil peered around the corner and saw two guards standing guard. He nodded at Mordokai. Your turn. he said.

Mordokai adjusted his sword belt, then proceeded around the corner, struting like a fine man.

The guards glanced at him and frowned. You were discharged. one of them said.

That is true, but I'm only a distraction.

The guards glanced at him in confusion only to have Nil and Wolfbane knock them out from behind. In we go. Nil said.

Are you sure we can get in this way, won't the cooks or servants say something? Lex-kat asked.

Nil smiled. I have a friend in there. He is head chef. His word is law in the kitchen. If he finds out someone disobeyed him, they will surely regret. Now wait here. I will be back as soon as I can.

With that, Nil left. He returned about 5 minutes later, carrying disguises. Put these on. he said, and everyone did. Now come in. he said smiling.

Everyone entered the kitchen. Cooks were busy preparing orders for everyone as it was about lunchtime. Dirk Kris was supervising everyone.

Don't you dare let them mutton burn! he shouted at an underling. You there, watch that sauce! Seeing Nil, he shouted some more orders and then headed over.

Shaking his hand, Dirk Kris smiled. Good to see you pal.

You too. Nil said, grasping his hand.

It was then Dirk noticed the others. He frowned a little bit. You must hurry through quickly Nil. I don't know what you are planning, but word will spread if you stay here any longer.

Thank you for the help. Nil said.

Anything for you. Dirk replied, then resumed shouting orders.

With that, the group proceeded forward.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The door creaked as someone opened it. Footsteps could be heard as light spilled into the room. Rabbit and Turtle looked at each from across the room in their cells. Was it time?

The footsteps came closer and jangling keys could be heard. A click and the door swung open. In the light, Slayer Draco stood.

Heading over the Happy, she unlocked the chain from her foot. I'm sorry. she said, looking down at the floor.

Happy hugged her. I forgive you. she said. With that, the pair proceeded to Rabbits cell, unlocked her door, and her chain.

Rabbit rubbed her foot. It's good to be out finally. she said.

The door went Clang! and everyone jumped as they looked at the door. But the only light provided was now gone, and they couldn't see anything.

Footsteps could be heard coming down.

Who's there!? Happy called out.

A latern flickered into existence, and Reinholdt was smiling at the trio. Hello ladies. he said.

enjoy!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-16 at 06:22 PM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

14. - Top - End - #554

Christmas song fic!
    Disclaimer first: as many of you know, there's some insults in the song itself. I do not believe any of these insults and don't wish to offend anyone. If anyone is offended by a lyric in a song, feel free to PM me and I'll sort it out somehow.

Mordokai/Drider:

Fairytale of New York
    Spoiler
    Show

It was Christmas Eve babe
    In the drunk tank
    An old man said to me, won't see another one
    And then he sang a song
    The Rare Old Mountain Dew
    I turned my face away
    And dreamed about you

He sat in a warm haze, stealing away all the harsh edges and realities and leaving him with a feeling of congeniality to all men. Turning to his roommate he asked about his day. "Ah, I won't be seeing another Christmas lad; sure enough, I've seen too much and hide away at the bottom of a glass." He help up his palsied hands and looked at Mordokai. "If you aren't careful lad, you'll end up like Cris Meyers.
    "Let the grasses grow
    and the waters flow in a free and easy way
    But give me enough of the rare old stuff
    that's made near Galway Bay
    Come gangers all from Donegal,
    Sligo and Leitrim too
    Oh, we'll give 'em a slip
    and we'll take a sip of the rare old mountain dew

thiddle i ay di diddle dum thiddle i ay di diddle dum
    thiddle i ay di diddle dum rum a dum dey
    "

The man spoke on, hour upon hour about himself; breaking out into the same song again and again in some once-beautiful voice; now drunk away to a cawing ravens' song. It was sobering. Discomfitted and stripped away of his comfort blanket he drew his his drunk tank issue woolen blanket over himself and turned to the wall. Thinking of his love, back home in Ireland.
    Laughing as they sat under a tree on an autumn day; bronze, golds and auburn dancing in a breeze and bidding farewell to the joy of summer.
    Dancing to music at a party, being pulled up time and again to perform songs to wrench the heart, lift the soul and set feet a-flying through intricate steps.
    The cold, dark times where he'd had to leave for America just after the war. And her face, stoic and uncrying as the boat left.

He woke up the next morning with a hangover fit to split his blood vessels in two. And a desparate nostalgia to see and hear his dear one again.

October, 1956
    My darling Drider
    Got on a lucky one
    Came in eighteen to one
    I've got a feeling
    This year's for me and you
    So Happy Christmas
    I love you baby
    I can see a better time
    When all our dreams come true

Hopefully this will reach you by the end of November and I'll be meeting you in New York just a few days before Christmas. Remember my promise? I kept it didn't I?
    I'm just sorry it's five years late. Ah, but you must've sent me some of your famous luck for this to happen at such a fortunate time.
    God speed and I'll wait for you anxiously.
    Your love,
    Mordokai.

They've got cars big as bars
    They've got rivers of gold
    But the wind goes right through you
    It's no place for the old
    When you first took my hand
    On a cold Christmas Eve
    You promised me
    Broadway was waiting for me

Drider stepped off the dock in New York looking out for Mordokai, grasping his letter and their good luck charms. Oh, those charms made some months before he had to leave. A lock of hair each, naturally, the chains of an heirloom and some small few hopes and dreams.
    But it was so cold, the harshness bullied the struggling masses, Ireland was so mild in comparison. And it was grey here. But Kai would brighten it all up. Eyes as bright as the sea; hair like autumn. Just the right things for Christmas Eve; she wondered if he would still smell of cloves and spices as he always did in December.
    She saw him, back to her as he scanned the crowds and, smiling mischievously and happy beyond measure she walked up to him and grabbed him in a hug. "Kai, my heart. I've missed you so much."
    "Drider. Your voice is more musical than ever." He turned and his eyes spoke it all: her beauty, her voice, her spirit was more pleasing to him than ever. "Absence made the heart fonder." he murmered into her ear.
    Her attention was split. He stank of stale booze. Not even good quality stuff. But she put it off as nerves or a one time offer. He wouldn't start drinking. His da' had died because of the drink. He wouln't drink. "Ah, my hearts' pulse, Broadway'll beg for you to perform. Better than an angels' choir. Who knows, perhaps you'll even convince them to let me be your humble accompaniast."
    You were handsome
    You were pretty
    Queen of New York City

When the band finished playing
    They howled out for more
    Sinatra was swinging,
    All the drunks they were singing
    We kissed on a corner
    Then danced through the night

The boys of the NYPD choir
    Were singing "Galway Bay"
    And the bells were ringing out
    For Christmas day

To the others eyes, their loved one was more beautiful than ever. They'd have sworn up High that such a sight had never been seen before. King and Queen of New York and they paraded through their city. Her King was taking her to a carol concert in the park. He'd even connived to get them up near the front so they could sing out loud and proper.
    Sure enough, they were asked out to sing and they sung their Christmas song. Hearts and souls merged and showed their joy at finally, finally being together again. Stunned silence met them, then an ovation. And they sung once more. And again. Sinatra. The audience and the drunks loitering in the shade of the park sung out too, and, slipping away in the tumult they danced and danced. In the next plaza the NYPD choir, many Irish voices amongst them sang until late into the night. Here they sat on a bench, pretending for a while that they were back home in Ireland.

December, 1958
    He had spent another night in the drunk tank. He'd lied. America was not beautiful. Broadway was not 'dying for her' to perform. She snapped. And he responded in kind.
    You're a bum
    You're a punk

You're an old slut on junk
    Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed

You scumbag, you maggot
    You cheap lousy faggo
    t
    Happy Christmas your arse
    I pray God it's our last

Where had it gone? Back at home, not here they'd been as good as married. Even exchanged promise rings. And yet. Certainly he'd tried hard to stop drinking, Cris had indeed died. Fourteen months ago. He had had no wish to end up like him so he'd kept away from drink. Just a few drinks every now and again, Drider couldn't stand it. Neither could he.
    And the work never came. Always it was "Come back next week.", "Next year." "No accents." and the litany went on. It helped then to drink.
    She wasn't without her faults. When the money was short, so short they abrely had enough to eat; let alone keep up with the rent she had turned her back on reality. Relished the escape a needleful of drugs gave her for a time. Then later, lying comatose on the sagging bed underneath the leaky ceiling with chill water splashing on her face and neck.
    But she had made herself clean. And it was such a hard task for her. Fighting for months to vanquish her demon. That was why she attacked him. She said he lacked the courage and spark he once had.
    She was right.
    Still singing "Galway Bay"
    For Christmas day

I could have been someone
    Well so could anyone
    You took my dreams from me
    When I first found you

I kept them with me babe
    I put them with my own
    Can't make it all alone
    I've built my dreams around you

Screaming in the plaza where they'd astounded an audience and danced on one sublime evening two years ago they realised how tight they'd been tied together. Their dreams were not built upon sand, but each other. One could not win without the other and the bilious hatred made cooperation, let alone love, as unattainable as the heavens above. And the falling snow deadened the air and showed how fragile their perfection had been.
    And the bells are ringing out
    For Christmas Day

The song was no longer so beautiful. It only brought up memories of hateful words and the irreparable division between them. Even Christmas was no longer a joyous celebration. Just another day, tinged with melancholy. And profound regret.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Christmas song fic!
    Disclaimer first: as many of you know, there's some insults in the song itself. I do not believe any of these insults and don't wish to offend anyone. If anyone is offended by a lyric in a song, feel free to PM me and I'll sort it out somehow.

Mordokai/Drider:

Fairytale of New York
    Spoiler
    Show

It was Christmas Eve babe
    In the drunk tank
    An old man said to me, won't see another one
    And then he sang a song
    The Rare Old Mountain Dew
    I turned my face away
    And dreamed about you

He sat in a warm haze, stealing away all the harsh edges and realities and leaving him with a feeling of congeniality to all men. Turning to his roommate he asked about his day. "Ah, I won't be seeing another Christmas lad; sure enough, I've seen too much and hide away at the bottom of a glass." He help up his palsied hands and looked at Mordokai. "If you aren't careful lad, you'll end up like Cris Meyers.
    "Let the grasses grow
    and the waters flow in a free and easy way
    But give me enough of the rare old stuff
    that's made near Galway Bay
    Come gangers all from Donegal,
    Sligo and Leitrim too
    Oh, we'll give 'em a slip
    and we'll take a sip of the rare old mountain dew

"

The man spoke on, hour upon hour about himself; breaking out into the same song again and again in some once-beautiful voice; now drunk away to a cawing ravens' song. It was sobering. Discomfitted and stripped away of his comfort blanket he drew his his drunk tank issue woolen blanket over himself and turned to the wall. Thinking of his love, back home in Ireland.
    Laughing as they sat under a tree on an autumn day; bronze, golds and auburn dancing in a breeze and bidding farewell to the joy of summer.
    Dancing to music at a party, being pulled up time and again to perform songs to wrench the heart, lift the soul and set feet a-flying through intricate steps.
    The cold, dark times where he'd had to leave for America just after the war. And her face, stoic and uncrying as the boat left.

He woke up the next morning with a hangover fit to split his blood vessels in two. And a desparate nostalgia to see and hear his dear one again.

October, 1956
    My darling Drider
    Got on a lucky one
    Came in eighteen to one
    I've got a feeling
    This year's for me and you
    So Happy Christmas
    I love you baby
    I can see a better time
    When all our dreams come true

Hopefully this will reach you by the end of November and I'll be meeting you in New York just a few days before Christmas. Remember my promise? I kept it didn't I?
    I'm just sorry it's five years late. Ah, but you must've sent me some of your famous luck for this to happen at such a fortunate time.
    God speed and I'll wait for you anxiously.
    Your love,
    Mordokai.

They've got cars big as bars
    They've got rivers of gold
    But the wind goes right through you
    It's no place for the old
    When you first took my hand
    On a cold Christmas Eve
    You promised me
    Broadway was waiting for me

Drider stepped off the dock in New York looking out for Mordokai, grasping his letter and their good luck charms. Oh, those charms made some months before he had to leave. A lock of hair each, naturally, the chains of an heirloom and some small few hopes and dreams.
    But it was so cold, the harshness bullied the struggling masses, Ireland was so mild in comparison. And it was grey here. But Kai would brighten it all up. Eyes as bright as the sea; hair like autumn. Just the right things for Christmas Eve; she wondered if he would still smell of cloves and spices as he always did in December.
    She saw him, back to her as he scanned the crowds and, smiling mischievously and happy beyond measure she walked up to him and grabbed him in a hug. "Kai, my heart. I've missed you so much."
    "Drider. Your voice is more musical than ever." He turned and his eyes spoke it all: her beauty, her voice, her spirit was more pleasing to him than ever. "Absence made the heart fonder." he murmered into her ear.
    Her attention was split. He stank of stale booze. Not even good quality stuff. But she put it off as nerves or a one time offer. He wouldn't start drinking. His da' had died because of the drink. He wouln't drink. "Ah, my hearts' pulse, Broadway'll beg for you to perform. Better than an angels' choir. Who knows, perhaps you'll even convince them to let me be your humble accompaniast."
    You were handsome
    You were pretty
    Queen of New York City

When the band finished playing
    They howled out for more
    Sinatra was swinging,
    All the drunks they were singing
    We kissed on a corner
    Then danced through the night

Were singing "Galway Bay"
    For Christmas day

To the others eyes, their loved one was more beautiful than ever. They'd have sworn up High that such a sight had never been seen before. King and Queen of New York and they paraded through their city. Her King was taking her to a carol concert in the park. He'd even connived to get them up near the front so they could sing out loud and proper.
    Sure enough, they were asked out to sing and they sung their Christmas song. Hearts and souls merged and showed their joy at finally, finally being together again. Stunned silence met them, then an ovation. And they sung once more. And again. Sinatra. The audience and the drunks loitering in the shade of the park sung out too, and, slipping away in the tumult they danced and danced. In the next plaza the NYPD choir, many Irish voices amongst them sang until late into the night. Here they sat on a bench, pretending for a while that they were back home in Ireland.

December, 1958
    He had spent another night in the drunk tank. He'd lied. America was not beautiful. Broadway was not 'dying for her' to perform. She snapped. And he responded in kind.
    You're a bum
    You're a punk

You're an old slut on junk
    Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed

You scumbag, you maggot
    You cheap lousy faggo
    t
    Happy Christmas your arse
    I pray God it's our last

Where had it gone? Back at home, not here they'd been as good as married. Even exchanged promise rings. And yet. Certainly he'd tried hard to stop drinking, Cris had indeed died. Fourteen months ago. He had had no wish to end up like him so he'd kept away from drink. Just a few drinks every now and again, Drider couldn't stand it. Neither could he.
    And the work never came. Always it was "Come back next week.", "Next year." "No accents." and the litany went on. It helped then to drink.
    She wasn't without her faults. When the money was short, so short they abrely had enough to eat; let alone keep up with the rent she had turned her back on reality. Relished the escape a needleful of drugs gave her for a time. Then later, lying comatose on the sagging bed underneath the leaky ceiling with chill water splashing on her face and neck.
    But she had made herself clean. And it was such a hard task for her. Fighting for months to vanquish her demon. That was why she attacked him. She said he lacked the courage and spark he once had.
    She was right.
    For Christmas day

I could have been someone
    Well so could anyone
    You took my dreams from me
    When I first found you

I kept them with me babe
    I put them with my own
    Can't make it all alone
    I've built my dreams around you

Screaming in the plaza where they'd astounded an audience and danced on one sublime evening two years ago they realised how tight they'd been tied together. Their dreams were not built upon sand, but each other. One could not win without the other and the bilious hatred made cooperation, let alone love, as unattainable as the heavens above. And the falling snow deadened the air and showed how fragile their perfection had been.
    And the bells are ringing out
    For Christmas Day

The song was no longer so beautiful. It only brought up memories of hateful words and the irreparable division between them. Even Christmas was no longer a joyous celebration. Just another day, tinged with melancholy. And profound regret.
    Aww. That was sad. But beautifully written, as always.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Curly. You really know how to write sad things.

And yet, so beautiful. I wish I could write like that...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

@ deathslayer7- Yay Lex! *waits to see what things I have in store for the ladies*

@ Curly- You're good. So go write a happy ship so I can feel better after that one!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Infiltration

starring: lex-kat, Nil, Wolfbane, Mordokai, RHL, Happy, Draco, Dirk Kris, and Reinholdt
    Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*

enjoy!
    Another great story. And you seem to have a knack for posting right before someone else.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Another great story. And you seem to have a knack for posting right before someone else.
    I noticed that as well.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Infiltration

Spoiler
    Show
    *snipped*

enjoy!
    The great Slayer Draco appears once again!

The suspense is killing me. Keep up the good Shipping.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #561
    Halfling in the Playground

Letter

Spoiler
    Show
    Prometheus,

Was this sweet torment your true gift to me?

The light that saves me from darkness, that shows me the path I must tread, the heat that fires my heart of clay and sets my hands to war, my fingers to fighting. The light that burns, the light element that knows not why relentless I tear at windmill bricks. A contemptuous star you have gifted me, who is repulsed by mortal flesh of mine, boiled and flayed by her touch. Fire blinded by her own radiance, not knowing that which exists only for her, that which is unmade by her shining.

For her do I set myself ablaze, that her light and heat may yet endure another tale or two in this fated verse and she will know nothing, care nothing of the love I can never bear her.

Was it for this, your cruelty, that the hunger of eagles was born?

Magus.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

CSI: Playground

Part 2 of 2
    The Team:
    TwoBit: Gil Grissom
    Mordokai: Nick Stokes
    Reinholdt: Warrick Brown
    Deathslayer: Catherine Willows
    Slayer Draco: Sara Sidle
    Saint Nil: Greg Sanders (DNA tech)
    Cameo by Ghost Warlock as Captain Jim Brass
    Cameo by "Dirk Kris" as Doc Robbins.

The Case Cast:
    Vespe: Victim
    Lex: Victim's lover, suspect
    Happy: Hooker. Potential witness.
    Cristo Meyers: Lawyer. Obnoxious twit.
    Dallas: Victim's friend. Suspect

Author's note: As this is a CSI story, sometimes ages and details will be needed. I'm going to make them up. Any resemblance to actual ages or personal details is either a lucky guess on my part or a figment of your imagination. Take your pick. Oh, and Dirk? I forgot I needed another cameo after everyone was cast. Hope you don't mind me borrowing you.

Spoiler
    Show
    The practice room in the duelist's club was a mess. There was blood everywhere. On the walls, on the floor, on the decorative suits of armour in the corners. One of the shelves had fallen, bolts torn out of the wall, scattering trophies across the floor. Reinholdt stood, taking it all in. No wonder there was so little blood at the body dump. It all ended up here.

Serious signs of a struggle. Our guy didn't want to go quietly.

Yeah, no kidding. So where do we start?

Reinholdt never got an answer. TwoBit pushed into room, closely followed by Draco. Where's Mordokai?

Dunno. We called him, he said he was on his way.

I'm here. Mordokai entered the room behind them. I was chasing a lead.

You got.. Reinholdt pointed at a spot on his cheek.

What? Oh, sorry. Mordokai wiped his face with the back of his hand, erasing the trace of lipstick. Anyways, I tracked down the vic's girlfriend. She's back at the station.

Alright. Mordokai, you go sit in on the interrogation. The rest of us.. TwoBit gestured to the room. Process.

[hr]

Mordokai walked into the interrogation room. Lex was already there, as was Ghost Warlock. Hey! Can I get some answers here? You guys dragged me out of my house down here, and I wanna know why.

Just doin' our jobs, ma'am. Could you tell me where you were last night?

At home. Look, I just don't see why all this matters! I'm very busy, I've got things to do, and...

You knew Vespe Ratavo, right?

He's my boyfriend. Lex stopped talking, uncertainty creeping into her voice. Why? Did something happen to him? Wordlessly, Mordokai slid a crime scene photo across the table. She took on look at it and her face changed, going from uncertainty to shock to sadness in an instant. She reached out a hand for the photo, pulled it towards her. He's... dead? The CSI just nodded. I.. I didn't... it all came out then. The strong exterior of only a moment before was gone, and Lex sobbed quietly to herself.

Mordokai reached across the table, put a hand over hers. I'm sorry for your loss. She nodded, and he left, leaving her to herself.

[hr]

TwoBit walked down a lab corridor, on his way to his office. Nil stepped out of the DNA room, hurrying to catch up. Hey, TwoBit, I got that DNA analysis for you.

Great Nil, what did you find?

Well, I got good news and bad news. Bad news is, that sword you gave me? Not what he was stabbed with.

So what's the good news?

Good news is, I recovered some DNA from a hair found at the dump site. Ran it through CODIS, it kicked out a match. Nil passed TwoBit a sheet of paper. Dallas Dakota, age 25. Arrested for driving under the influence and, get this, also a member of the Duelist's society.

TwoBit nodded. Good work, Nil. I'll call Ghost, have him send someone out. He pushed open the door to his office, leaving the DNA tech standing in the hall.

[hr]

That's odd.

What's odd?

There's four suits of armour in here. Three of them are holding swords. This one... Deathslayer pointed at the metal gauntlet of the suit closest to the fallen shelf. Has nothing.

Huh. Could have been knocked out when the shelf came down... Reinholdt flipped up the visor on the armour. Just barely visible inside was the hilt of a sword. Or not. Gimme a hand with this.

It took some tugging, but eventually they got the sword out. It was stained rust red all the way to the hilt. You know, I don't get it. Someone stabs this guy, tosses the sword into the armour, then dumps the body and forgets to clean up this mess? Something doesn't add up.

Maybe it's the shelf. There's... Deathslayer knelt down next to the fallen board, what looks like some blood and hair on this bracket here. I'm guessing it hit our vic when it came down.

Alright. You swab that, I'll bag the sword. Then let's get back to the lab. Reinholdt grinned at her. It's almost five o'clock. I'll buy you dinner on the way there.

[hr]

I told you, I didn't have anything to do with it. Yeah, I knew him. Everyone knew him. He was the best duelist we had. And he was my friend.

Then why did you try to kill him?

I didn't. I swear I didn't.

Stop badgering my client. If you don't have evidence...

I want them to know I had nothing to do with it.

And I'm advising you to remain silent. These guys don't have anything on you. Cristo looked across the table at Ghost. We're done here, ok? My client came in, voluntarily, but if all you're going to do is toss accusations without any support, then-

But we have support.

Oh really? Let's hear it.

We have this sword. Ghost slid a photo across the table. Do you recognize it?

Dallas nodded. It belongs to the club. Goes with one of the suits of armour.

It was used to stab Vespe. The only fingerprints on the handle.. Another photo, next to the first. are yours. Can you explain that?

It's not what it looks like.

Then perhaps you could explain what it is? Because right now, you're looking at murder.

It was an accident!

Go on...

[hr]

Vespe was still practicing when Dallas walked into the room. He stopped for a moment, heading over to greet his friend. Hey, how've you been?

Not too bad. Dallas held up a new trophy. Got second in the competition. Would have got third if you'd been there.

Vespe laughed and walked over, leaning on the wall. That's something. You keep practicing, you might end up almost as good as me.

I wish. Dallas reach up to put the trophy on the shelf. He wasn't quite tall enough though. He grabbed the edge, trying to pull himself up a bit further, but the added weight was more then the single bolt could take. The shelf came lose, knocking Vespe on the head and sending Dallas sprawling. When he looked up, the first thing he saw was the point of a sword sticking out of his friend's chest.

[hr]

Draco stood outside the interrogation room, watching through the one way glass. TwoBit stood beside her. Dallas was still talking, explaining how he had dragged the body to the alley. How Vespe would have wanted that. How there was no honour in a death caused by accident.

They printed the shelf. His were on there, right where they should be if he was telling the truth.

You really think this guy is innocent?

TwoBit looked over at her. There's an old saying. "Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword." But Vespe didn't. Maybe it works both ways, and anyone who chooses to live by the sword means to die by it. Take that away, what do they have left?

That's part 2. This was a lot of fun to write, though kinda tough in places, and I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it. Oh, and if anyone is confused, all the italics near the end are flashback.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!!! Good story, Destro.

Here's mine.

Starring: Lex, Rabbit, and Turtle. ((With Rabbit's and Turtle's okay.))

Sweet Dreams
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Lex lay in her soft, warm bed, there came a knock on her door. Can I come in, Lex?

Lex's heart jumped. She loved to hear her Mistresses voice, even though it always broke her heart to think of the love she'd never have. Of course, Mistress. What do you need?

Turtle slowly opened the door, and there she stood, wearing a sheer light green babydoll, and matching stockings. I need you, Lex. I've been holding back my feelings for you, because of Fan. But now I know that it is you I've wanted near me all this time. Turtle strides into the room.

Lex almost jumped for joy, her mistress was now her lover. She'd longed for this day, ever since she'd met the barbarian. Her lean, strong muscles, glistening with sweat, as she killed one opponent after another. It almost drove Lex insane watching her fight.

Wait, no, something was up. Her mistress already told her she wasn't that way. You're being controlled, Mistress. I'll help you. Lex flew over to her mistress, and tried to wrap her in a blanket.

No, Lex. I'm not being controlled by anyone, but you. Your sweet, sexy, little body... When I've hugged you, I never want to let go. I love the feel of you next to me. Turtle shifts so that she's pixie size, and pulls Lex into a fierce hug.

What are you doing with my Lex!!! Came a voice from the doorway.

Rabbit stormed into the room and smackled Turtle away from Lex's arms. She's my little Lexy, and you can't have her. Go back to Fan.

Lex's heart soared. Rabbit was her first love, and she wanted her as much as she wanted Turtle. But, what about Turtle? She looked to Turtle.

Turtle had shifted into her battle form. And the two began to glare at each other. She left you for me, Rabbit. Go back to your lonely citadel, and find a zombie, or something.

You're married, Turtle. What will Fan think about this?

Well, thanks to you, I don't feel the way I used to, about Fan. So way to succeed, Rabbit. Now get away from her, before I tear you apart.

Go ahead and try. Rabbit pulls a foon out of her hat, Roger. And the two begin to circle each other.

Oh, no. Lex thought. I have to stop them. Maybe the two sisters would agree to share her. But I love you both. You are both my mistresses, and my greatest loves. Maybe we could work something out, between us. You could share.

Both Rabbit and Turtle turned away from their glaring contest, to look at Lex.
    NEVER!! They both screamed, then charged each other. Blood started spraying everywhere.

++++++++++++

Lex suddenly woke up with a start. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, about to explode. It'd just been another nightmare.

Then a knock on her door. Can I come in, Lex?

24. - Top - End - #564

Yay for being the obnoxious lawyer! Great work, Destro

Maybe I should try out for Law and Order or something

25. - Top - End - #565

sorry for the double...got another episode.

Past Meets Present (Cristo (Mi'ir)/Serpentine/Mordokai/Wolfbane/Reinholdt)
    Spoiler
    Show

“Wow…you weren’t joking.” Serpentine stared in awe at the city that rose up in front of them, “I’ve never actually seen an actual city like this before…”

Mi’ir smirked. “They’re bigger in the Heartlands. This is almost…provincial. She started towards the city gates. “Come on, I want you to take another shot at reversing this transformation once we find an inn.”

“What’s your hurry?” Celestine said from her spot on Mordokai’s shoulders.

Mi’ir glared at the cat. “Shut up.”

Mordokai turned to Serpentine. “Go with him and find a place to stay for the night. I need to report in.” They passed through the city gates. Compared to the small farming villages they had been passing through this was a bustling city: people milled about, merchants and farmers were selling their wares in the town square, if it wasn’t the largest town in the province it was probably close. Serpentine continued to stare at the busyness surrounding her.

“You’ve really never been this far out of the plains, have you?” Mi’ir said.

“We’ve never really needed to.”

They continued down the main street. Mordokai was searching for the Heraldic temple, Mi’ir was watching the people. Her eyes caught someone familiar, someone that would’ve been somewhat out of place otherwise. She cursed inwardly when his eyes fell on them.

Wolfbane sniffed the air. In the mishmash of scents and perfumes of this town, there was a familiar one. Or, at least, it was partially familiar. Reinholdt stood beside him, also scanning the crowd. Wolfbane put a hand on Reinholdt’s shoulder. “I think he’s here.” He looked around, trying to place the scent, finally settling on a dark-haired woman standing beside what could have easily been a knight out of the fairy-tales. “Over there.” The woman looked right back at them. Not unusual, lupines were scarce in cities, but she actually seemed to recognize him.

Reinholdt noticed this. “Friend of yours?”

Wolfbane sniffed again. “Maybe.”

Mi’ir blinked. What was the lupine doing here? Not just out here in the city, but out in the province itself? Hell… She wrapped an arm around Mordokai’s waist and pushed in underneath his arm, much to the paladin’s surprise. “What the…?”

“Shut up and start walking, act like we’re a couple.” Mi’ir started leading him into a crowd of people. Serpentine followed them, thoroughly confused.

“Mi’ir, what’s going on?”

Mi’ir took a quick look over her shoulder, the lupine was nowhere to be seen. “Bounty hunter, the lupine, you had to have seen him.”

“I did.”

“We have a history.”

Wolfbane made to follow the group when they started to head for the crowd, but Reinholdt stopped him. “No need. We know where the paladin is going, we can beat him there.”

“It’s not the paladin I’m interested in…”

“The girl?”

“I know that scent…it’s different, slightly…but…”

Reinholdt shook his head. “Later, Wolfbane, later. She’s with the paladin anyway, you’ll get your chance.” He started down the road towards the Heraldic Temple. “Come on, we’ve got a job to do.”

Mi’ir took another look over her shoulder, still no sight of the lupine. She breathed a sigh of relief. Then she realized exactly where Mordokai’s hand was. “Paladin…if that hand goes any lower the Dead Queen is going to be the least of your worries…” They quickly extricated for each other. “There…hadn’t expected to see him here…”

“What was that all about?” Mordokai asked.

“Like I said, bounty hunter. We have a history.”

“But, how could he recognize you like this?” Serpentine chimed in.

“Better to not take unnecessary chances.” Mordokai answered. “Anyway, that’s over for now. You two find and book us a place to stay. I’m going to the temple.” He started off down the road, leaving Mi’ir and Serpentine behind.

Serpentine was looking at Mi’ir. “What?”

She suppressed a laugh. “Nothing.”

“You’ve been talking to Celestine, haven’t you?”

“Let’s just find a room…” Serpentine said, “I think I can manage to reverse the transformation before you suffer anymore.” She shook her head and started to walk away, still trying not to laugh.

“I’m going to kill that cat…”

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Destro- Great story. No one ever suspects the cookie-monster. >.> <.<

@ Lex-kat- O.o Actually a little creepy, but good all the same.

@ Cristo- Celestine still wins. Gets away with not walking at the beginning after all. And a history hmm? *ponders all possible meanings and innuendos of that* .
    Very well written sir. Though I just now realized me and Serpentine speak in the same color. *ponders possible significance and insignificance of*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #567

it's a different color, actually, just not different enough...

I'll have to remember to change that...

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Yay!!! Good story, Destro.

Here's mine.

Starring: Lex, Rabbit, and Turtle. ((With Rabbit's and Turtle's okay.))

Sweet Dreams
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Lex lay in her soft, warm bed, there came a knock on her door. Can I come in, Lex?

Lex's heart jumped. She loved to hear her Mistresses voice, even though it always broke her heart to think of the love she'd never have. Of course, Mistress. What do you need?

Turtle slowly opened the door, and there she stood, wearing a sheer light green babydoll, and matching stockings. I need you, Lex. I've been holding back my feelings for you, because of Fan. But now I know that it is you I've wanted near me all this time. Turtle strides into the room.

Lex almost jumped for joy, her mistress was now her lover. She'd longed for this day, ever since she'd met the barbarian. Her lean, strong muscles, glistening with sweat, as she killed one opponent after another. It almost drove Lex insane watching her fight.

Wait, no, something was up. Her mistress already told her she wasn't that way. You're being controlled, Mistress. I'll help you. Lex flew over to her mistress, and tried to wrap her in a blanket.

No, Lex. I'm not being controlled by anyone, but you. Your sweet, sexy, little body... When I've hugged you, I never want to let go. I love the feel of you next to me. Turtle shifts so that she's pixie size, and pulls Lex into a fierce hug.

What are you doing with my Lex!!! Came a voice from the doorway.

Rabbit stormed into the room and smackled Turtle away from Lex's arms. She's my little Lexy, and you can't have her. Go back to Fan.

Lex's heart soared. Rabbit was her first love, and she wanted her as much as she wanted Turtle. But, what about Turtle? She looked to Turtle.

Turtle had shifted into her battle form. And the two began to glare at each other. She left you for me, Rabbit. Go back to your lonely citadel, and find a zombie, or something.

You're married, Turtle. What will Fan think about this?

Well, thanks to you, I don't feel the way I used to, about Fan. So way to succeed, Rabbit. Now get away from her, before I tear you apart.

Go ahead and try. Rabbit pulls a foon out of her hat, Roger. And the two begin to circle each other.

Oh, no. Lex thought. I have to stop them. Maybe the two sisters would agree to share her. But I love you both. You are both my mistresses, and my greatest loves. Maybe we could work something out, between us. You could share.

Both Rabbit and Turtle turned away from their glaring contest, to look at Lex.
    NEVER!! They both screamed, then charged each other. Blood started spraying everywhere.

++++++++++++

Lex suddenly woke up with a start. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, about to explode. It'd just been another nightmare.

Then a knock on her door. Can I come in, Lex?
    That was kind of creepy, but in a good way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #569
    Banned

Ya' know what this thread need? More Zero ships.

Yeah. Wouldn't that be awesome, eh?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ok, so I made this on a whim. Didn't see the permissions thread until just now. Hope PZ doesn't mind.

The Adventures of Captain Brolly and Player Zero!

Part I: Kinky

Spoiler
    Show
    The ship was black. The big blue wet thing known as the Ocean was glimmering under the hot sun, and PZ stood by the mast in attempts to look cool. Unfortunately the waves were rocking the boat too hard, and he lost his balance, going from a 45 degree angle to a 180 degree angle on the floor. Captain Brolly, otherwise known as Antony, stood over top of his with a nice wide smile. "How many scoops did'ya have this time, now? Twelve?" Zero looked up at the captain from his spot on the floor. He'd of let out a laugh, but instead he just coughed. "Ah, ye be needin' me blood again?" Antony asked playfully. "Yeah, maybe. But I don't see how I manage to drink it considering my condi-" "Ye amn't needin' ta be alive! Or even have yerself a stomach! Ye just need ter open yer head 'n' pour it in!" Antony lifted Zero up from his spot, and handed him a black vial.

Several minutes later, PZ headed up to the helm with Antony. It was just the two of them on their ship, the Brommy King. "What be that in the distance?" Antony asked. "I haven't a clue," PZ answered, "but I guess it could be, oh, I don't know... AN ISLAND!" "Right, it be an island. What island?" Antony shrugged a stupid shrug at Zero, giving him the idea to become violent. Instead, he whipped out an oversized compass and looked at it for a few minutes. All Antony could do in the mean time was stare out to sea, and pick his nails. "...Ye done?" "No, we're off course. We're going West, when we were supposed to go North-West. Did you mess with the wheel, again?" Antony just stared at him innocently. "Argh! Why was I written into this with you?!" Zero screamed. "Because you asked?" "No! I wanted to be in something kinky!" "We could make it kinky." "Ahhh!!! Stop acting out of character!" "Come'ere, I've got a bone ta pick with you!" "AHHHHH!!" Zero awoke from his cabin hammock, drenched in... rum? "Oi! Ye be takin' in yer sleep again! Stop it, or I'll be throwin' ye off me sinta!" A dream? Well that's no way to end a shipfic! You may as well of said Candle Jack, then stopped it ri-