New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I liked it! I think your description is wonderful. Its always nice to see people who don't get shipped a lot get...well...shipped.

@Thufir: Glad you didn't take it personally. I just needed another cheap joke and you just randomly got picked as the victim. I was gonna do that to Helgraf, originally, but I figured he would hunt me down or something.
    :eyebrow: Have I developed a reputation as some sort of vengeful playgrounder then?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

I wrote this, random inspiration came to me.

A Slice of Life

Starring Dirk Kris (as Brandi), Cameos by CurlyKitGirl and Reinholdt

Spoiler
    Show

Brandi sat on the barstool in the café, idly reading the morning paper. She tapped her foot on the rest below her, pondering. It was a cold winter morning, and she could see the first snow fall of the season beginning out the large front window.

“Here ya go, miss, one coffee. Milk?” The waitress said, setting down a steaming cup of the black liquid.

Brandi nodded. The waitress set down the milk in a small tin container. She poured in a bit, emptied a few sugar packets into it, and started stirring the concoction, watching the black coffee swirl into a light beige color.

The bell at the entrance rang and Brandi turned her head to see who was walking in. Some gentleman she didn’t know. She turned back to her coffee and took an experimental sip.

“It’s always so good to see you, Curly!” The man exclaimed. Brandi looked up again to see her waitress fling her arms around the man’s neck. Curly leaned up to kiss the man.

Breaking away, Curly said, “Same to you, Reinholdt, take a seat. I get off in ten minutes.” She said, rushing back behind the counter and giving Brandi a smile.

Brandi knew that smile. She used to give it to strangers all the time… and for the same reason.

Taking another sip, Brandi started reading the paper again. It was some story on another actor who had killed himself by partying a little too hard. She wasn’t really familiar with him or his work, but it was still a sad story.

Sad story indeed…

Finished with the paper, Brandi set it down and sipped more of her coffee, looking out the window to watch people hurry past the window, trying to get to whatever their destinations were and get out of the cold. There were some, however, that were taking their time. Usually they were with someone, a friend, a lover, a child. It was always fascinating to see how people who cared for one another interacted. She smiled, thinking of her husband, TwoBitWriter.

One woman had stopped in front of the window, staring inside. At first it appeared as if she was looking straight at Brandi, and she shifted nervously from the supposed gaze. She waved hello, but the woman outside didn’t respond. Instead, she started playing with her hair and bit and adjusting her hat and coat.

Brandi sighed. She was only looking at her reflection. It was just as well, because she had been afraid that this person had been another acquaintance she had forgotten about.

“Would you like some more coffee, hun? I get off in a few minutes.” Curly said to Brandi, taking occasional glances over at the man named Reinholdt and grinning.

Brandi shook her head, and Curly shrugged and took off her apron, walking over to Reinholdt. He stood, and hugged her again. Brandi continued drinking her coffee.

The cathedral bells started ringing, to mark the hour. Brandi closed her eyes, and swayed in her seat a little. It reminded her of the bells on her wedding day. How happy she and Twobit were. She could remember the gleam in his eyes, the pride, that he had felt that day. They had shared a wonderful twenty-three years together.

Brandi left some money on the counter. Hopefully Curly would pick up her tip before she left with Reinholdt. She stood and walked out the door, feeling the cold suddenly strike her face. She sighed again.

“I miss you so much, Twobi…” Brandi murmured to herself. It was a statement, a prayer, and a desperate plea that he could still hear her.

A brief gust of warmer wind blew, and wrapped around her. It was like a hug from another world. A snow flake dropped on her cheek, a kiss.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-16 at 12:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whisper, Part Ten starring Brandelle (Dirk)/Mordokai/GW/Gezina mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai led Brandelle to the most bustling part of town - the vendor's quarter. Shopkeepers barked out their doors, each claiming their wares were the finest, the cheapest, the strongest. Farmers displayed what shriveled vegetables they had been able to harvest. A bordello stood nearby, its door painted red, ladies draping themselves out of the upstairs windows, trying to bring in clients. Mordokai ignored all this and searched, his eyes darting from shop to shop until he found what he wanted - a seamstress. Grinning, he led the way, Brandelle still lost in her memories.

Stepping inside, Mordokai was grateful for the shade. As his eyes adjusted, he looked around and spotted the owner, a slight, bent woman in her forties. He let go of Brandelle's hand and went to speak with the woman.

Brandelle looked around, oohing and aaahing over the various colors and cloths available. She fingered a lacy white fabric and sighed, wishing one day she could own something so fine. She saw Mordokai slip something into the woman's hand and wondered briefly what it was. As she continued looking, she felt something brush her back. Startled, she turned to find the seamstress holding up a measuring tape.

"Be still, girly, or this'll never do."

Confused, Brandelle looked to Mordokai, who merely shrugged and grinned. "Are...are you buying me a dress?"

Mordokai nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. "Indeed I am. A lady of your caliber deserves something more befitting than...that."

Embarrassed, Brandelle tried to smooth down her ragged clothes. The seamstress finished her measurements and nodded. "The fabric and design - you are certain, sir?" Mordokai nodded. "Excellent. I was making a similar dress for one of the tzar's girls, but she cancelled at the last minute. Zina, or something." She muttered to herself and did some calculations. "I'll just take it in a bit - poor scrawny thing - it'll be ready within the hour."

Mordokai nodded and stepped over to take Brandelle's hand. "My thanks, madam. We shall return." He led Brandelle out of the shop and down the street. He never gave her a chance to talk, filling her head with tales of his travels as they walked. She lost all track of time, and before she knew it, they stood before the shop again. Mordokai led her inside.

The seamstress hurried over and snatched Brandelle away, tucking something into her hands and telling her to try it on. Mordokai smiled and busied himself with pretending to look around, his heart racing with anticipation.

A quiet cough from behind the paladin got his attention. He turned, and there stood Brandelle, resplendent in a simple gown of velvet the color of her eyes, dark steel. It was trimmed in soft white fur around the neck, sleeves, and hem for added warmth. It covered all her bony spots and gave Mordokai an idea of what she would look like healthy, well, happy. Twin spots of pink colored her cheeks, and the seamstress had managed to find a white ribbon she had tied around Brandelle's hair, like a headband. "How...how do I look?"

Mordokai found himself holding his breath and exhaled it. "Like a dream come true."

The seamstress nodded, pleased, and saw she was no longer needed. Brandelle and Mordokai stared at each other for a long minute before sort of wandering out of the shop. Somehow they found their way to an inn, where Mordokai tried to rent two rooms. After some pleading from Brandelle, who still didn't feel safe, they decided on a single one. It set a few tongues to wagging, sure, but they were oblivious.

They climbed the stairs and went into their room. Not a word was spoken. Brandelle simply lay on the bed, her back to the paladin. He removed his armor, his eyes never leaving her as he watched her breathe, her eyes closed. He lay behind her and wrapped his large, strong arms around her, her back to his chest. She sighed deeply and fell asleep almost immediately. Warm, happy, complete, Mordokai soon joined her in slumber.
    --------------------------------------
    Meanwhile, GW had hidden himself away to rest for the evening. He hated sleeping - it was so inefficient.

He slept undisturbed, dreamless as always. For a time.

Without warning, the Ghost found himself outside, the winter air swirling with the first faint flakes of snow. The ground was barren, and the wind whipped the trees, but did not seem to touch him. He looked around, angry, confused. Then he spotted something - no, someone.

It was her - the girl with the paladin. That...thing that called herself Brandelle.

"Torment me not, witch. You do not know who you are messing with." He clenched his hands into fists, preparing to summon his powers to him. He felt for it and found - nothing. His powers were not there. More angry than ever, he stormed forward, ready to pummel the creature with his bare fists if need be.

Brandelle took it all very calmly. As his fist descended towards her face, she slowly reached up a hand to block his path. On its own, his arm stopped moving, her index finger touching it just barely. Amazed, he stared at her, anger blazing on his face. "Ghost, darling. Why would you want to hurt me? Have I wronged you? Have you forgotten me so soon?" She reached up with her other hand to caress his cheek.

As he watched, horrified, a voice from his past seemed to ring in his ears. A cloud covered the moon, hiding the girl's face in shadow. As it started to move away and the moonlight lit her face once more, it was not Brandelle's face any longer. It was another woman, one he knew well. But she wasn't quite clear...hazy...

"No. No!"

"NO!" Ghost's screaming woke him. A cold sweat covered his body. His room was in disarray - apparently he had discharged a blast of energy as he dreamed. He had almost seen her, almost known her once more. Who was she? WHAT was she? He stood and paced, knowing he would sleep no more for a long, long time.
    ------------------------------------
    In Mordokai's arms, Brandelle smiled in her sleep.

@^: Dude...I cried. Like a girl.
    @v: And I don't even know Brandelle's true nature. If it weren't for GW posting that bit, this never would have happened.
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2008-12-16 at 12:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Whisper, Part Ten starring Brandelle (Dirk)/Mordokai/GW/Gezina mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    snip
    Finally! We get a hint to Brandelle's true nature!

I need to write a fic myself, because blind TwoBit will still have something up his sleeve, I'm sure!

@^: Ahh, I just wanted to give you a present today...

Also, its a classic writer's trick, you don't actually have to know whats going on yourself and you can just play it off as building suspense.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-16 at 12:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

@TBW: As I said, 'Very sweet, my ghostly snowflake-sending friend.' I like this touching Slice of Life. You should do more.

@Dirk: Another great Whisper piece; I'm glad you've decided to run with Brandelle's perhaps-less-than-innocent side. Although...this does present some problems... First, Ghost actually doesn't sleep; he trances. Really, this is my fault for not stating it somewhere. But trancing is part of the elan package, although I really don't see there being that big of a difference, really, and this doesn't need to have any affect whatsoever on what happens in your fic. Also, I shuffled Whisper 10 up on the chronology to before RHL's most recent because "The Pyre" is meant to occur directly after "Past the Point." Also, it needed to happen earlier because Ghost simply doesn't exist anymore at the end of The Pyre. He's outside reality for the moment; completely incapable of affecting anything or being affected. Yes, he blasted himself right out of existence.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-16 at 12:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korith View Post
    Dreaming of a Mauve Christmas... - Featuring Mauve Shirt and Player Zero
    Spoiler
    Show
    The snow had accumulated those past few nights in a seemingly endless, feathery onslaught. To look out the window would be to gaze upon an unending expanse of pure winter, though this morning was quiet and still.

According to the thermometer, the temperature had plummeted to a hostile minus 40 outside. As far as the eye could see, people remained within their homes, trusting in the warmth of a furnace or fire to stave off the chills of this harsh season. Even if they desired to depart, many doors were held fast by the constant pressure of four feet of snow, holding them closed. That first night of the snowfall had been fierce and fast, but now it seemed to have finally settled down.

But then, in the distance, affronted by the merciless burning chill of winter, Mauve stood at the apex of the great hill that leads in to town. Her face was red from her body's continuous struggle to keep it's extremities warm, covered in six scarfs and a thick hood - but still the winter bit at her.

As she made her way through the town, seeking food or refuge from the unfeeling environment she found again and again that none would, and few could open their doors to her. None of the stores or restaurants were open, for those who would work in them could not stand to brave the freezing jaws of the season for a few hours of pay. Many stood by their windows, watching as Mauve passed from house to house, but none would come to her aid.

None but one, that is.

Deep inside the depths of the Cave of Winter's Heart, the Ice Conjurer watched with amusement as the young woman dared to resist the storm he had summoned. There was no question in his icy heart, that hers would be the first foolish life claimed by the impermeable force he had called upon the town. He watched with vicious amusement every stumble she made in the deep snow, wishing each one would be her last from the rotten core of his wicked heart. His pointed, snow white teeth gleamed with evil as his mouth shaped a cruel grin at her chosen fate.

And she fell in the snow.

The Ice Conjurer let out a malicious laugh that echoed through his lair, softly rumbling to the surface as a chill that seized at every spine. Unable to press further, Mauve cried a single tear before succumbing to an enveloping solipsism of darkness. She had wanted to deliver a gift to the orphanage at the end of the town, but there was no way she could make it now.

The Ice Conjurer's cruel spell worked it's way on Mauve. A sheet of snow blew over her and delivered her to a violent cage forged with bars of jagged ice. Pleased that he had finally claimed a prisoner, the Ice Conjurer approached Mauve's prison to gloat.

It could have been hours, or perhaps days, before Mauve stirred to consciousness, but there before her in elaborate robes as soft as snow, and with a gaze ten times as cold, was He Who Had Called The Final Winter, the Ice Conjurer. He mocked her foolishness in daring to brave the unstoppable storm that he had called upon the town, in a feeble attempt at altruism. No gift could be of use to an orphanage in the face of the Final Winter! Not even...no, not even the fine hand-crafted Mauve mittens she had made for each of the orphans. Even little Player Zero who had strayed from the orphanage, in search of a way to end this miserable world.

Little Player Zero, who now stood before her with the power he sought in his grasp, the means to freeze the world for eternity in a winter that would see no thaw.

Sure, it might have been a little clichéd as ways to end the world go, but little Player Zero was a reader, and no longer so little. And now his plan was succeeding!

But he remembered the time he had found a bird frozen in the ice, nearly dead. How Mauve had aided him in nursing the bird back to health, and how she sang with the bird when it again took flight in the spring...

But none of it! Mauve may have been kind to Player Zero and others, but it was better without all the other people! The storm had to continue! Soon the locals would run out of food in their homes, and would have to leave them behind to find more. Then, the power of winter would eliminate them one at a time, bringing them here to spend their last breath in a jagged cage with bars forged from the coldest ice.

Mauve looked at the Ice Conjurer. In his evil eyes she saw the familiar reflection of a child whom she had cared for, who had grown into a man with a wicked heart. Slowly, she got up, and cut her hand against one of the bars. Though she bled, it was warm, and with her other hand she removed a scarf and offered it to him.

"You look cold" she insisted, with a definite shiver in her voice.

The Ice Conjurer laughed at her. "My heart is colder than the depths of winter, for I have mastered it and it heeds my call!" And with that he stormed off to attend to the upkeep of his magic.

For days he would return and they would have these exchanges, Mauve trying to warm his heart ever so slightly, and Player Zero the Ice Conjurer laughing away the effort.

Though one day was different.

When he returned to see what effort she might make to try and turn him from his cause, he found her still and motionless in the cage. He laughed at her, then called to her, then yelled at her though she remained as motionless as a snowman in still winds.

An icicle slid from Player Zero's chest. His heart began to roar. It echoed through the Cave where he had established his lair, and he then dismissed the bars of the cage.

Holding her, he felt for a pulse. She lived, though barely - yet wherever he touched her she also grew more cold.

Player Zero let out a howl of despair, for he did not seek to become such a monster! He fled to the corner, ashamed of what he had done. Icicles continued to slide off of his body, eventually revealing a man - but so much had he despaired that he did not notice his transformation.

Mauve awoke with a chill. She was surrounded by freezing cold water, and in the distance she could hear the quiet sobbing of a man. She arose, though stumbled greatly on account of her numbness. Following the echoes of despair, she came upon a man soaked in his own tears and pressed her hand upon his shoulder to try and reassure him.

He swatted back her hand, wishing to be alone, before realizing whom the only other person nearby was.

Turning suddenly, he saw Mauve standing there, saddened by his sadness. Devoid of cruel motives, he found himself embracing her, apologizing endlessly for dooming the world.

Yet as he did so, a single rose erupted from the ice of the cave floor. It was then that Player Zero discovered that the final winter was not the end of all things, but rather of his loneliness. In the warmth of Zero and Mauve's embrace, the cave melted away and the magic of the place returned them to a rapidly forming spring on the surface. Soon the town was busy again, with people heading to work, but no more they needed to fear the chill of winter, for their town was now under the eternal warmth of love.

Fin.

*cough*

Yeah...anyway...
    HA!
    I need to go hug PZ before he goes all evil on us then.

7. - Top - End - #517

Well...fine then.

First you tell me I misrepresent you in Busty B's, THEN you are all like, "Oh, well, see, he doesn't sleep."
    GEEZ, does it EVER end?!?!
    The crushing criticisms...

@v: *blink* GW, jealous...of me? *blink, blink* *brain asplodes*
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2008-12-16 at 12:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Firbolg in the Playground

First you tell me I misrepresent you in Busty B's, THEN you are all like, "Oh, well, see, he doesn't sleep."
    He's obviously just jealous of you.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Star SHIP I - Inigo Montoya, Ranna
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was morning, at least according to protocol, when Captain Ranna arrived on the bridge. Stars streaked by on the main view screen as her ship, The Romantic, careened through space at unimaginable speeds. She took careful note of the key instrument readings as she approached her command chair. Supplies were plentiful, the warp core was running at 97% efficiency, and crew morale was steady, with promises of a good positive surge after the Crew Coffee House scheduled in the evening.

Of course, it's only when everything seems to be going well that everything goes wrong. The Romantic jerked violently, tossing an able-bodied young ensign to the floor as the warp field collapsed and the ship entered normal relativistic space. "Red alert!" she decreed, trying to stay on top of this sudden and unexpected happening. Those crew members tossed from their seats quickly resumed their stations. Moments later, the science officer spoke.

"Captain, we've encountered an uncharted singularity in this sector. It appears to be collapsing subspace in this region!"

"Set a course away from the singularity, maximum sublight speed. We don't want to be drawn in!" she replied

She felt suddenly pressed into the back of her chair, nearly blacking out from the sudden G-forces she was experiencing.

"Captain!" the science officer shouted "It seems the inertial dampeners have been damaged, and are only functioning at 86%! We have to take it easy, or else we'll tear the ship apart!"

As it turned out, things can go wrong when everything else seems to be wrong too. The ship suddenly lost power, and was pulled into the singularity, tossed into a universe quite unlike that which Captain Ranna knew!

As the crew regained consciousness, they found themselves in the dark. Every motion seemed to echo through the otherwise silent starship. Gradually they brought the emergency lighting systems on line to begin to assess the damage to the ship. All systems were in operative condition, though not quite at peak effectiveness. All members of the crew were accounted for...except one.

Captain Ranna was missing.

Spoiler
    Show
    In the brig of The Vengestar X, Captain Ranna gradually faded back into consciousness. The feel of the floor and the smell of the air were different. She knew every inch of her own ship, and this wasn't a part of it. She forced herself up to assess her surroundings.

She was behind a red force field of some sort. It hummed with malevolent, surging energy. The walls were made out of organically shaped metals, and a single dispenser in the middle of the back wall held a tray with a few small scraps of food.

Captain Ranna wasn't hungry, so she grabbed what looked like a small pink bun, and threw it against the force field.

The bun passed through, and its ashes sprinkled across the floor on the other side. "These guys mean business!" Ranna muttered silently to herself.

Guardsman Montoya stroked his beard evilly, coming into view as he paced confidently in front of Captain Ranna's cell. His Deathsaber was clearly visible. Though Captain Ranna had never seen such a device, it's cruel construction made it all to clear that it was a weapon - quite possibly painful, and undoubtedly deadly. He responded to her "We most certainly do. You are a prisoner of the Westlayden Empire. Your ship is destroyed, and we make no allowance for survivors. Tell us where you came from, and I might make your death quick and less painful. Or, if you'd rather be silent, you can try to attack me through the force field and share your meal's fate."

Montoya stood, arms crossed, taunting her with his malevolent gaze. After a few moments, she spoke. "They're all dead?" she asked.

"Every one of them, or wishing they were."

"Then I have no cause to live." she concluded, and stepped towards the red force field.

Spoiler
    Show
    "There's no trace of her?" The captain's lover asked.

"None, sir." the crewman replied "Though there's a lingering energy signature near where we suspect she landed when we were pulled through the singularity. It appears to be an entanglement field, similar to our own transporter technology. It could have originated from anywhere, and it won't tell us where she went."

This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

10. - Top - End - #520

My Preeeeeeeeeee-soner starring Dirk/Korith/Ganurath mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    BAMF!
    Dirk Kris appears, coughing harshly at the acrid smoke that always accompanies him when he teleports.
    "Geez, you'd think I'd learn to keep my mouth shut so I don't have to keep doing this."
    Dusting off his clothes, he takes a long look around. He seems to be in some sort of large, sprawling home. Upon closer inspection, he sees bars on the windows and smiles to himself.
    "I see. Some sort of prison pretending to be something nicer. This I must see."
    Calmly, he strolls through the mostly-empty rooms, admiring the tapestries, the lush floor rugs, the large, comfortable-looking beds. Dirk hears a woman's laughter and some splashing, which immediately captures his attention. Following the sounds, he turns a corner and finds a large room with an artificial waterfall built into the center of it. Water cascades down, splashing upon beautiful women and men alike. Dirk grins.
    "Ah, a harem, it seems."
    Chuckling, he continues his wandering. He finds the rooms becoming smaller, darker. He passes a closed door and hears something scraping behind it. Curious, he slowly opens the door and peers inside.
    He sees a man, shackled to a wall, his head hanging down to his chest. He is idly scraping his feet back and forth, one, then the other.
    "Are you in timeout or something?"
    The man looks up, his eyes wide.
    "Who...who are you? Well, it doesn't matter - get me out of here!"
    Dirk crosses his arms, amused.
    "Now why would I do that?"
    The shackled man sighs heavily and clanks his chains.
    "Because this...sucks! Listen, my name's Korith, and someone put me in here. Don't you know who this harem belongs to?"
    Dirk shakes his head slowly, not moving.
    "This is Ganurath's harem! Ganurath - the necromancer? He'll turn me into some sort of undead if you leave me here. Please, man. I'll be in your debt."
    Dirk smiles, his canines poking down over his lip.
    "Ah, a debt is something I can always appreciate."
    He quickly crosses the room and breaks apart the chains holding Korith.
    "Now, remember this day. You owe me."
    With that, Dirk strolls towards the door.
    "Wait, aren't you going to help me escape?"
    Dirk turns, laughing quietly.
    "Oh no. Our deal was just for me to free you from your chains. The rest is up to you."
    Laughing, he disappears in a puff of smoke.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Well...fine then.

@v: *blink* GW, jealous...of me? *blink, blink* *brain asplodes*
    I sorry, I don't mean to be difficult...

It's just...well...they...they's just The RulesTM...

As for jealousy, well, I'll admit that I am jealous. Dirk, you've managed to accomplish in your fics what I have sometimes tried and never to my knowledge succeeded in doing - evoke real emotion. I mean, I may be able to pull off a funny bit or a 'that's pretty cool' scene, but you've given me chills. That's no small task, I assure you. I don't often get weepy, but you've damn near got me there. Every fic you write I wonder to myself if I should click the spoiler, plumb the depths, risk the chance at tears. In this way, your writing kind of scares me.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Korith, very fun to read! Its always good to see some more Sci-Fi here...

Dirk: Dirky is so cruel! It was funny to me...

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

My Preeeeeeeeeee-soner starring Dirk/Korith/Ganurath mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    <snip>
    Ohnoes!
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

14. - Top - End - #524

Ohnoes!
    Oh yes.
    Dirky went old-school.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yes.
    Dirky went old-school.
    That was some serious Mephistopheles kinda stuff.

Very old school.

Trying to get all your fic ideas out now, when you still have time?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

My Preeeeeeeeeee-soner Korith/Rabbitholelost/Ganurath mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korith glanced up and down the hall, trying to remember the direction he was carried in when the harem guard dragged him to the cell, blindfolded. He also noted that the prison loincloth that he was left in probably wouldn't suffice when outside.

He had no clue how he'd gotten to the cell, so he turned left and kept moving. Soon, he happened upon a staircase up. He charged up it, threw open the door at the top, and was immediately confronted by two female guards. Both took a stab at him with their enchanted spears, but Korith barely avoided the attacks!

His Tiefling eyes lit up as he called a blast of fire, retaliating against his attackers. One fell to the ground, the other had jumped back out of the way.

"No fair!" she yelled from around the corner.

"No fair? You're the one with a weapon!" Korith retaliated.

"It's home team advantage! You're a prisoner, you shouldn't have any attacks!"

"I'm a powerful wizard. I shouldn't have been imprisoned. I swear, that half-orc set me up with that rod of disenchantment to remove my catgirl disguise....Oh, I'm Korith by the way. I'd shake your hand, but I'm afraid you might take the opportunity to run me through."

"RabbitHoleLost, but you can call me Rabbit. At least you're a little more civil than some of the other prisoners, what with the `I'll get you next time` and `You haven't heard the last of me!` and `I'll have my revenge!` cries. Seriously, those guys need some new material."

"No kidding. Still, I would rather like to get clear of your guard post, and most of my spells that don't need line of sight to hit you are very limited in use. I'm thinking that, since you're such a polite guard and such, perhaps we could pretend that I caught you by surprise with a sleep spell and snuck by?"

"Nice try, but I like my job. And my life, or at least the staying alive parts of it. How about we pretend that you put up a good fight, ran out of spells, and I subdued you with nonlethal force?"

"I'm afraid I can't accept your offer, either. It seems we're at an impasse."

They both sighed.

"Is it because you don't trust me? I realize that traditional magic is difficult to disarm, but there are ways. How about if I toss up my spell pouch, and you put down your spear at the same time. Then we can talk face-to-face without worrying about whether the other person has a scheme to kill...um...either of us?"

Rabbit thought for a moment, and spoke again "I think I could agree to that."

"On the count of three, then. One...two...three" Korith pulled an empty bag from his inside coat and tossed it up, Rabbit dropped her spear across the door.

"I just thought of something," Rabbit commented, "How do I know if that's really your component pouch?"

"I suppose you'd have to look in it. But how can I be sure that the spear was your only weapon? You might have a crossbow ready for my by now or something."

"You have a point. Perhaps we'll have to trust each other, then?" A sly grin slipped across Rabbit's face. She had no crossbow, but her boot dagger was already silently in her hand and ready to deal with the prisoner.

"Perhaps so." Korith grinned evilly, having long eschewed the use of spell components for working magic. He had no use of the bag he'd discarded.

"On the count of three, then?" Rabbit asked.

"Yes, on three." Korith replied.

In unison they counted.

"One, two, three!"

Rabbit came around the corner, and Korith started up the stairs. In one hand Korith wielded a deadly flame, in the other a lethal orb of electricity. In one hand Rabbit wielded a dagger, in the other a pair of antimagic cuffs to keep the prisoner restrained.

Their eyes took immediate notice of one another's weapons, and together thinking they were unprepared for the counter attack, their tools and spells were dropped. Locking eyes, time froze for them both. The ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum of two battle-ready hearts echoed through the dungeon. Everything became a blur, as they found themselves wrapped in one another's tight embrace, not knowing or understanding what was going on...
    Last edited by Korith; 2008-12-16 at 01:53 PM.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

17. - Top - End - #527

It shouldn't work, but it does (a representation of a performed DaishoCon skit)

Starring Slayer Draco (Nicolas D. Wolfwood), RHL (Axel) and TwoBit (special appearance...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Draco pulled out another cigarette from his breast pocket. For ages now, he had been sitting in purgatory, waiting to see if we was 'good enough' to get into heaven. He felt around his other pockets, looking for a match, but to no avail.

"Damn it..." He muttered to himself.

Just then, a new face appeared. He only wore a long, black coat. It was his hair that really stood out. It was bright red, and very spiky. the newcomer looked over to him.

"Hello," Draco said.

"Hey," he responded. "Who're you?"

"Name's Draco. And yourself?"

"Name's Rabbit. R-A-B-B-I-T. Got it memorized?"

"Er, yeah. I got it. So, what brings you here?"

Rabbit shrugged. "I killed myself in a kamikaze-esque explosion of flame."

"Flame, huh... Oh, speaking of, can you light this?" Draco held up the cigarette.

"Oh, sure. No prob." He snapped his fingers, and the cig lit up immediately. "So, what about you?"

"Well, I got into a giant gun duel with my former master. He ended up shooting me in the chest."

"Wait a minute. Did you do that whole 'turn good in the end' thing, too?"

"Yes I did, as a matter of fact." He took a drag on his cigarette. "What made you switch sides?"

"Eh, a guy with blond hair, blue eyes, and a nice ass."

Draco froze. He was starting to see a correlation. "... Did he have spiky hair?"

"Yeah, he did!"

"Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up here. What anime are you from?"

Rabbit sighed. "I'm not from an anime. I'm from a SquareEnix game."

"Ooooh." Draco seemed relieved. "That explains a lot."

"What do you mean?"

"Well..." He pointed at Rabbit's head. "How much gel do you have in there?"

"Gel?! This is all natural. Got it memorized?"

"Yeah," He nodded in response. "I can see how that can get pretty annoying."

"Oh, trust me, it does. Gotitmemorized?" Rabbit said with a smirk on his face. "So, uh... how long are we gonna be here?"

Draco shrugged. "I dunno, I've been here forever. Apparently, being a priest doesn't get you much."

"Wait, you're a priest?"

"Yep."

"Then... why are you here?"

"Well..." He motioned to the giant cross at his side. "You see this?"

"Is it a sword?!"

"No!"

"Sorry, force of habit."

"It's a gun. A very big gun."

"Ah, I see."

"So, how was your life before you kicked the bucket?"

"I really don't want to talk about it..."

"Are you sure? I think I have my portable confessional around here somewhere..."

"I said I don't want to talk about it! Got it memorized?!"

"Yes, yes, I got it already... So, what happened?"

Rabbit sighed. He obviously wasn't going to stop bugging him. "It sucked, I didn't get laid, and I died. THE END!"

Draco chuckled. "Oh, you poor sap. At least I got laid."

Rabbit gave him a fierce glare. He sat there and pouted for a moment, before he felt a nudge at his side from Draco.

"Too bad we're not in Dragon Ball Z, eh?"

"Yeah. The balls are inert."

Suddenly, a blond person ran into the room where they were. It was Roxas Twobit, only he wasn't wearing his street clothes, or his Organization robe... He was wearing a long red coat, that was easily recognized by Draco.

"Rabbit! Rabbit!" He called out. "Look what I found!"

Rabbit's face lit up, unlike Draco's, which gaped in utter horror.

Don't question how any of this made sense. When my college buddie, her friend, and I all performed this on stage, we started a riot of laughter from the audience.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    It shouldn't work, but it does (a representation of a performed DaishoCon skit)

Starring Slayer Draco (Nicolas D. Wolfwood), RHL (Axel) and TwoBit (special appearance...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Draco pulled out another cigarette from his breast pocket. For ages now, he had been sitting in purgatory, waiting to see if we was 'good enough' to get into heaven. He felt around his other pockets, looking for a match, but to no avail.

"Damn it..." He muttered to himself.

Just then, a new face appeared. He only wore a long, black coat. It was his hair that really stood out. It was bright red, and very spiky. the newcomer looked over to him.

"Hello," Draco said.

"Hey," he responded. "Who're you?"

"Name's Draco. And yourself?"

"Name's Rabbit. R-A-B-B-I-T. Got it memorized?"

"Er, yeah. I got it. So, what brings you here?"

Rabbit shrugged. "I killed myself in a kamikaze-esque explosion of flame."

"Flame, huh... Oh, speaking of, can you light this?" Draco held up the cigarette.

"Oh, sure. No prob." He snapped his fingers, and the cig lit up immediately. "So, what about you?"

"Well, I got into a giant gun duel with my former master. He ended up shooting me in the chest."

"Wait a minute. Did you do that whole 'turn good in the end' thing, too?"

"Yes I did, as a matter of fact." He took a drag on his cigarette. "What made you switch sides?"

"Eh, a guy with blond hair, blue eyes, and a nice ass."

Draco froze. He was starting to see a correlation. "... Did he have spiky hair?"

"Yeah, he did!"

"Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up here. What anime are you from?"

Rabbit sighed. "I'm not from an anime. I'm from a SquareEnix game."

"Ooooh." Draco seemed relieved. "That explains a lot."

"What do you mean?"

"Well..." He pointed at Rabbit's head. "How much gel do you have in there?"

"Gel?! This is all natural. Got it memorized?"

"Yeah," He nodded in response. "I can see how that can get pretty annoying."

"Oh, trust me, it does. Gotitmemorized?" Rabbit said with a smirk on his face. "So, uh... how long are we gonna be here?"

Draco shrugged. "I dunno, I've been here forever. Apparently, being a priest doesn't get you much."

"Wait, you're a priest?"

"Yep."

"Then... why are you here?"

"Well..." He motioned to the giant cross at his side. "You see this?"

"Is it a sword?!"

"No!"

"Sorry, force of habit."

"It's a gun. A very big gun."

"Ah, I see."

"So, how was your life before you kicked the bucket?"

"I really don't want to talk about it..."

"Are you sure? I think I have my portable confessional around here somewhere..."

"I said I don't want to talk about it! Got it memorized?!"

"Yes, yes, I got it already... So, what happened?"

Rabbit sighed. He obviously wasn't going to stop bugging him. "It sucked, I didn't get laid, and I died. THE END!"

Draco chuckled. "Oh, you poor sap. At least I got laid."

Rabbit gave him a fierce glare. He sat there and pouted for a moment, before he felt a nudge at his side from Draco.

"Too bad we're not in Dragon Ball Z, eh?"

"Yeah. The balls are inert."

Suddenly, a blond person ran into the room where they were. It was Roxas Twobit, only he wasn't wearing his street clothes, or his Organization robe... He was wearing a long red coat, that was easily recognized by Draco.

"Rabbit! Rabbit!" He called out. "Look what I found!"

Rabbit's face lit up, unlike Draco's, which gaped in utter horror.

Don't question how any of this made sense. When my college buddie, her friend, and I all performed this on stage, we started a riot of laughter from the audience.
    I laughed, I cried laughed some more, I shot cola through my nose...

...ow...

...but that notwithstanding, I still love this skit.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Heh...lit up...heh...
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

@ Korinth: Very good fics. I don't want to be a bad guy though...

@ Dark Kris: Another good one, keep it up.

@ Slayer: Very...odd. Not bad, just odd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post

@ Dark Kris: Another good one, keep it up.

@ Slayer: Very...odd. Not bad, just odd.
    It's difficult to understand all the jokes unless you're a fangirl and you know what Yaoi is.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Who said anything about you being a bad guy?

Oh yeah..the evil beard thing :p

Well, there's still room for character development
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

23. - Top - End - #533

Beautiful work everyone. Love it all. Pray readers, enjoy yet one more

Definition drabble

Mordokai/Mi'ir/Graf/RHL/Turtle
    Remora - hindrance, drag
    Spoiler
    Show

"You!"
    "Well, Mother, I’m happy to see you too."Mordokai and Mi’ir stood in shock. Since when had RHL been a mother? "Stop it now Turtle." Her cold tone would have frozen the highest of Gods in His tracks. "But Mother dear, aren’t you proud of your little dearheart now? I can’t pull noone down anymore. I made sure of it.
    "Or would you rather I’d died?"

"Don’t." Her voice cracked sharp, like thin ice over the deepness of the Iolia River.
    "You left me. I remember it. A weight pulling you down. Remember?"
    Graf, soothsayer knew the truth though.

If you like this, wait until tomorrow.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Beautiful work everyone. Love it all. Pray readers, enjoy yet one more

Definition drabble

Mordokai/Mi'ir/Graf/RHL/Turtle
    Remora - hindrance, drag
    Spoiler
    Show

"You!"
    "Well, Mother, I’m happy to see you too."Mordokai and Mi’ir stood in shock. Since when had RHL been a mother? "Stop it now Turtle." Her cold tone would have frozen the highest of Gods in His tracks. "But Mother dear, aren’t you proud of your little dearheart now? I can’t pull noone down anymore. I made sure of it.
    "Or would you rather I’d died?"

"Don’t." Her voice cracked sharp, like thin ice over the deepness of the Iolia River.
    "You left me. I remember it. A weight pulling you down. Remember?"
    Graf, soothsayer knew the truth though.

If you like this, wait until tomorrow.
    ...like having one Rabbit isn't enough

*eagerly awaiting tomorrow*

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

@ TwoBit- So sad . Even my cameo, which I think is the first time I'm actually been romantically shipped with anyone, is only barely holding back the tears. Well written sir.

@ Dirk- The plot thickens. Brandelle sure has her claws around Mordokai. Then again it doesn't seem very hard with him. Very nice.

@ Korith- Aw. First time we see Ranna in a while and she goes all suicidal on us. Great ship and looking forward to the next one.

@ Dirk #2- Hehe. Cruel and funny at the same time. Letting someone out just to leave them like that...

@ Korith #2- Funny and sexy at the same time. Quite good.

@ Draco- Hilarious. Silly Axel. He was cool in the game boy game. *curses the poorly done heel-face turn*

@ Curly- Interesting. I'd be pretty shocked too if I found out Rabbit was a mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    HA!
    I need to go hug PZ before he goes all evil on us then.
    Too late.

...Now... How the hell do I freeze over the world then?

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Too late.

*forces PZ to hug Muave Shirt*

You can't let your heart grow cold with hatred and try to destroy the world. That's my job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Too late.

Well, first you have to run away from the orphanage.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

29. - Top - End - #539
    Banned

Well, first you have to run away from the orphanage.
    That may be difficult. on account of me not living in an orphanage.

No, I think I'm just gonna' have to do this one through force of will.

I'm willing frozen death upon you all, just so ya' know.

30. - Top - End - #540

Ya know, it's actually kinda scary...the snow just picked up outside...

Zero's trying to kill me!