New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen!

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    The dresses women wear are also ugly. Why do they need to have 10 foot long "tails", or be made of bubbles, or be made of assault rifles? Why is makeup so important? WHY DOES MY SISTER NEED TWO HOURS IN THE SHOWER EVERY STINKIN' MORNING?! WHY DO WOMEN CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THEIR CLOTHING, ONLY TO INSULT MY AWESOME TRENCHCOAT?! WHY?!
    Because it gives people confidence. I personally feel more confident wearing trousers, but I know a lot of girls who'll put on the makeup as part of their "Battlegear" for use to face the world, be it a new job, or just hanging with friends at the pub. Same with the dresses.

And because girls like to feel pretty and look their best, as a whole. And a lot of dresses, girls will think they'll look good in - and there'll be people out there who'll agree with them. Some are a little worrying (size 22 miniskirts, anyone?) but mostly a flattering dress, which may not be to everyone's taste, will give the confidence people need to stand up and present themselves to the outside world.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

It took me a long time to understand why someone would care about clothing or make-up. Especially in my early teenage years, I thought everyone should just look like themselves. Then I got into touch with japanese pop-fashion, and began fantasizing about dressing up as a girl and/or several characters from my favorite shows. As my desire to look like someone else grew and I learned just what you can pull off with the proper make-up and costume, I realized the flaw in my earlier stance.

Currently, the only reasons I'm not covered head-to-toe in tattoos and dressing up as Emilie Autumn is lack of funds and privacy.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    covered head-to-toe in tattoos and dressing up as Emilie Autumn
    Depending on the tattoos this might be pretty awesome
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Pixie in the Playground

Originally Posted by Asta Kask
    In other news, I want to kill someone. Saw a video on YouTube about 'the homosexual agenda'. Apparently you're just paranoid - gays* are aggressively pushing their agenda onto unsuspecting straight people and there's an enormous pressure to be gay. Poor, innocent straights are being bullied into being gay.
    ...Yeah. This is the primary flak I get from people whom I've come out to, believe it or not. Mostly from my coworkers. I need a new job :( . And yes, it has been my experience that homophobic individuals tend to go off the stupid end with their hypotheses about the LGBTA community...

Originally Posted by Triscuitable
    Boxer BRIEFS are far different. They take the large space boxers cover, and add the flexible, but not loose feel of briefs. The perfect combo.
    To which I respond and close with my initial statement of: Yes. Boxerbriefs are the only men's underwear I PERSONALLY ever found comfortable ;). Oh, and by the way? You are correct. Trenchcoats ARE awesome.

Proud Girlfriend of golentan

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    You mean something like the Gay Bomb?
    That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read in my entire life. I think I just OMGROFLOL'd.

"We have the A-Bomb, it is so powerful it dissolves humans in seconds, burns shadows into walls, and leaves so much radiation it can ruin the stability of a country in seconds. It has been the only nuclear weapon used in war, and only twice. Now we have developed the G-Bomb."
    "The G-Bomb?"
    "We hope that female pheromones dropped on the enemy will make them sexually attracted to each other."
    "... You're serious."

And that's exactly what I pictured when I read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoskristy21 View Post
    To which I respond and close with my initial statement of: Yes. Boxerbriefs are the only men's underwear I PERSONALLY ever found comfortable ;). Oh, and by the way? You are correct. Trenchcoats ARE awesome.
    Damn right they are!
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2011-10-22 at 02:35 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The other thing is: if something exciting happens with boxer shorts, you're dead meat. You've got no recourse but to sit down for ten minutes unless you carry a pillow.
    ...Now you're just talking crazy. Who even cares about that kind of thing anymore?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-10-22 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    OBJECTION!

Men's underwear is incredibly comfortable.
    Ties are sexy
    A buttload of other clothes are technically "guy specific" but were appropriated for women BECAUSE they were comfortable and/or awesome. Example: PANTS. ALL OF THEM.
    Eh, not really
    No, but bowties are cool
    Pants are comfortable, and are currently gender-neutral, so yeah.
    The dresses women wear are also ugly. Why do they need to have 10 foot long "tails", or be made of bubbles, or be made of assault rifles? Why is makeup so important? WHY DOES MY SISTER NEED TWO HOURS IN THE SHOWER EVERY STINKIN' MORNING?! WHY DO WOMEN CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THEIR CLOTHING, ONLY TO INSULT MY AWESOME TRENCHCOAT?! WHY?!
    Long dresses are eh. Hard to move in. Skirts and mid-sized dresses are superior.

In other news, I want to kill someone. Saw a video on YouTube about 'the homosexual agenda'. Apparently you're just paranoid - gays* are aggressively pushing their agenda onto unsuspecting straight people and there's an enormous pressure to be gay. Poor, innocent straights are being bullied into being gay.

So, that's it. Matthew Shepard was presumably a violent rapist who was killed in self-defense and... and... I think I'll go lie down someplace and snuggle with my cat.

I can't link to the video here, since it involves religion.

*used in the video as a shorthand for anyone who is LGBT and probably a lot of other things as well...
    Old, depressing news.

I hear that if you convert ten straights you get a set of steak knives.
    SWEET! Does bi count? I might be nearing.
    They are tempered in the flames of same-sex love. Which, as we know, burns pretty hot.
    *Whistley-catcally-thingy* That is nice...
    That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read in my entire life. I think I just OMGROFLOL'd.

"We have the A-Bomb, it is so powerful it dissolves humans in seconds, burns shadows into walls, and leaves so much radiation it can ruin the stability of a country in seconds. It has been the only nuclear weapon used in war, and only twice. Now we have developed the G-Bomb."
    "The G-Bomb?"
    "We hope that female pheromones dropped on the enemy will make them sexually attracted to each other."
    "... You're serious."
    Same. One of the funniest posts I have ever read.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

The gay bomb is a thing? I read about it in a story once, and thought it was made up. That's kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Don't get me started on pocket-less clothing!

So far, my no-heels stance has been quietly successful. The only person who asked me about it was my best girl friend, who was like "What changed?!" because she loooooves heels. My biggest problem has not been social pressure, but rather, I have very high arches, so I need support, so totally flat shoes (like, those silly ballet flats) have always been out for me. So, I've ended up in quite a narrow window of shoe height! But I don't mind.
    Huh, I hadn't even considered how the shape of one's feet could affect what kind of footwear one can use, good to know. I wonder how having completely flat feet would affect the issue, then.
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

9. - Top - End - #1449

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Little Brother View Post
    SWEET! Does bi count? I might be nearing.
    Always heard it was more of an ice cream cone, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Caustic Soda View Post
    Huh, I hadn't even considered how the shape of one's feet could affect what kind of footwear one can use, good to know. I wonder how having completely flat feet would affect the issue, then.
    Well, it's not good for your health, from what I recall.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

We should make a list of awards and put it in the FAQ at the beginning of next thread...

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caustic Soda View Post
    Well, oddly enough, my mother has completely flat feet, and it means she needs even more support, preferably, specially made support inserts, made by foot-scientists who study the way your foot falls on a foot-fall-walking-machine. (I'm REALLY tired so I've forgotten all the words again.) People were made to have a bit of an arch, really. As were shoes.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    OBJECTION!

Men's underwear is incredibly comfortable.
    Ties are sexy
    A buttload of other clothes are technically "guy specific" but were appropriated for women BECAUSE they were comfortable and/or awesome. Example: PANTS. ALL OF THEM.
    ...disagreed on all three, but this is a subjective thing. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #1453

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...disagreed on all three, but this is a subjective thing. xD
    Wait. You even disagree on the last one which is a simple fact of history as subjective?
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1454

I re-call that female chefs, including those on TV, were discussed in this thread. I recently remembered a show with two chefs who didn't look like the mainstream (Western) definition of sexy, but I didn't think they looked "ugly" when I saw it several years back.

Two Fat Ladies (That's the actual title of the show. Sadly, one of the ladies died.)

Although as I read the wiki entry on tempering I see that same-sex love should not burn hotter than between the ranges of 150–260 °C (302–500 °F) and 370–650 °C (698–1202 °F). Can you restrict yourself to that range?
    Wait, are you saying I'm going to have to make knives too? I thought they would be given to me as a reward? What is this, a Ponzi scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Suuuuure, Birchgrove. You like the "humidity."
    Tsk tsk!

Spoiler
    Show
    If you're thinking about what I think you're thinking, I don't do *that* while showering.

If I had written this 10-20 minutes earlier, I would have been far more blunt. Consider yourself lucky, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyesmith View Post
    Boxerbriefs are amazing. Especially Italian-cut (I think? the ones with the built-in pouchy thing) ones. They're excellent for day-to-day wear AND sporting! Flatterin', also.

Also, getting ready is generally based on how fancy a party I'm going to. Fancy parties take longer than casual hootenanny's.
    In my experience, underwear produced in Italy need ridiculously low temperatures (30 degrees Celsius) when washing. I hate that. Underwear should at least be able to be washed in 60 degrees Celsius.

I think some of my current favourite underpants are boxerbriefs; I know I've worn briefs and boxers. I preferred briefs when I was younger but now I prefer boxers and boxerbriefs. Just don't buy boxers from Liedl if you live in Europe; those must have been sketched by a man-hater or a sadist/masochist because they are a pain to the nutbag.
    Last edited by H Birchgrove; 2011-10-22 at 07:14 PM.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Wait. You even disagree on the last one which is a simple fact of history as subjective?
    Them being more comfortable is subjective, which is the part I disagree with.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1456

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Them being more comfortable is subjective, which is the part I disagree with.
    ...So you just hate it when women wear clothing that they historically could not because they're ugly?

Ugh, I hate it when the web of context gets all tangly.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-10-22 at 08:37 PM.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're thinking about what I think you're thinking, I don't do *that* while showering.

If I had written this 10-20 minutes earlier, I would have been far more blunt. Consider yourself lucky, sir.

In my experience, underwear produced in Italy need ridiculously low temperatures (30 degrees Celsius) when washing. I hate that. Underwear should at least be able to be washed in 60 degrees Celsius.

I think some of my current favourite underpants are boxerbriefs; I know I've worn briefs and boxers. I preferred briefs when I was younger but now I prefer boxers and boxerbriefs. Just don't buy boxers from Liedl if you live in Europe; those must have been sketched by a man-hater or a sadist/masochist because they are a pain to the nutbag.
    You should really try it, it's pretty good.

Mine are fine, but I think it's just the style is named italian cut - even if that's not the name, the one with the junk-pouch. Both comfortable AND flattering!

ALSO is Lidel like our Lidl, where you get cheap stuff?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

18. - Top - End - #1458

confused Re: LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen!

...So you just hate it when women wear clothing that they historically could not because they're ugly?

How did you get that from Lix's post? She pretty clearly said that she does not find pants comfortable. And that some people would disagree with her. That is all.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Yes, clearly that's exactly what she meant when she said "I also find them uncomfortable". Obviously.
    Seriously, Coidzor? Seriously?

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

That...has nothing even remotely to do with what was posted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #1461

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Yes, clearly that's exactly what she meant when she said "I also find them uncomfortable". Obviously.
    Seriously, Coidzor? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORione View Post
    How did you get that from Lix's post? She pretty clearly said that she does not find pants comfortable. And that some people would disagree with her. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    That...has nothing even remotely to do with what was posted.
    Ok, so I mixed up Little Brother's vitriol that started that thread for Lix's earlier diatribe on the subject of men's formal wear and her inability to find the courage to come out of the closet. Hardly the most egregious mix up we've had in the thread to date. Besides, I imagine Lix can speak for herself.

Sorry Lix.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-10-23 at 02:49 AM.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, are you saying I'm going to have to make knives too? I thought they would be given to me as a reward? What is this, a Ponzi scheme?

'You' was more of a general term. Although if your love burns at the right temperature you may find work in the forge.

Ok, so I mixed up Little Brother's vitriol that started that thread for Lix's earlier diatribe on the subject of men's formal wear and her inability to find the courage to come out of the closet. Hardly the most egregious mix up we've had in the thread to date. Besides, I imagine Lix can speak for herself.

Sorry Lix.
    No. Lix is a frail flower and must be protected at all costs.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I've always imagined lix as a flower as well. Sort of a titanium reinforced flower which releases pheromones in a radius of 10 miles...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsk tsk!

Spoiler
    Show

I apologize if I offended you. I've always been myopic about the line between flirting and sexual harassment.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

*sneaks up behind kneenibble and begins groping*
    Really? You too?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Have you talked with your gf about groping other people?

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen!

Ties be sexeh, hats be sexeh, trenchcoats be sexeh, welding jumpsuits be sexeh. All sorts of clothing is sexeh.
    The fun part is figuring out if youre better looking with it on or off.

Also, having a relationship with someone adamantly straight when youre bi is NOT worth it.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Kilts aren't sexy. They're just not.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Kilts aren't sexy. They're just not.
    You, sir, are no longer allowed to partake of my hats.

Also, I just realized im not cut out for a long term monogamous relationship and for some reason that made me happy.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Also, having a relationship with someone adamantly straight when youre bi is NOT worth it.
    Why, what happens? (I am bi and in a relationship with a straight person.)

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me