New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: By the Inferior Science of our Enemies: Gramarie Mark II

Also some questions from me that got missed.
    1) For BIOY 101, is 1 cubic foot simply the maximum you can convert into biostructure at once, or do you always have to make exactly that amount? Because it just said 1 cubic foot on the target.
    2) For the Periodic Theory, does the +50 to DC also apply to ones that contain a substance, even if they don't have it in their name? An example is how Entropium is iron infused with raw chaos, but it doesn't have iron in it's name.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kellus View Post
    It does a few things that I wanted, including forcing people who want the class to lose a level of principles without actually giving them a dead level, use an interesting theurge combination I hadn't yet tapped, bring some attention to a kind of magic most people don't think about, let me use a great name for the class, provide an awesome rationale for how warp travel works, give them something useful to do in combat, and let me throw in a reference to a book series I love. It's like a win-win-win-win-win-win-win!

Second base class will be up tonight I hope, I'm proofreading it now.
    Hey Kellus, would you be interested in exploring a variation on the Asternomist which uses the Astronomer instead of Truenaming?
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm performing further work on my (for lack of a better name) Amechra's Caloric Engine.

Fun fact: it takes 20 hours to get the whole mess rendered down to one pint.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

20 hours or 20 combinations?
    Because remember HEUR302 can be stacked endlessly in the same circuit
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

20 hours; the number of combinations is in the hundreds of thousands.

And since a preparation requires working on a given pair of objects, you can't shorten it, unless you are willing to lose ebbs (in which case, the required time goes down by an hour. Yay.)
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

What if you stored all the ebbs you're making into Caloric in a big battery (whatever material's most efficient) and then changed it to Caloric all in one burst so you don't need to combine? How much time would it save? How much energy would it lose? More or less than the many, many combinations?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    What if you stored all the ebbs you're making into Caloric in a big battery (whatever material's most efficient) and then changed it to Caloric all in one burst so you don't need to combine? How much time would it save? How much energy would it lose? More or less than the many, many combinations?
    Than you run into the problem that the enthalpyOut has a limit as to how much it can produce in one turn. even if it can accept from multiple sources, it can only channel so much. That's why he's having to come up with these complicated shenanigans, instead of simply surrounding one enthalpyOut with a "cage" of 26 iceIns that re-connect to it as I suggested.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

And I'm almost there!

Another interesting thing I'm noticing is that I have to alter the initial plans for the shape of this thing (due to the rate at which things fall in D&D); I've found that the shape of one "production unit" needs to be a central column with dimensions 4'x1'x1', with 4 extra 1' cubes ringing a section of it.

Hmm...

I might have to write a permanent version of Feather Fall that only works on objects...

That would solve one particular annoyance.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    And I'm almost there!

Another interesting thing I'm noticing is that I have to alter the initial plans for the shape of this thing (due to the rate at which things fall in D&D); I've found that the shape of one "production unit" needs to be a central column with dimensions 4'x1'x1', with 4 extra 1' cubes ringing a section of it.

Hmm...

I might have to write a permanent version of Feather Fall that only works on objects...

That would solve one particular annoyance.
    You could also use Alchemetry to lower the density. That's pretty much the same thing.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Than you run into the problem that the enthalpyOut has a limit as to how much it can produce in one turn. even if it can accept from multiple sources, it can only channel so much. That's why he's having to come up with these complicated shenanigans, instead of simply surrounding one enthalpyOut with a "cage" of 26 iceIns that re-connect to it as I suggested.
    Um... I don't see any limit on that?
    You can prepare this principle to create a special kind of arcanodynamic transformer, known as an enthalpic transformer. An enthalpic transformer can only perform output, and is made out of phlogiston. A single enthalpic transformer is sufficient for any input transformer, no matter how big the net is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconas1 View Post
    You could also use Alchemetry to lower the density. That's pretty much the same thing.
    Lighter objects do not fall slower unless their mass becomes negligible enough for the drag force to no longer be negligible.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Lighter objects do not fall slower unless their mass becomes negligible enough for the drag force to no longer be negligible.
    I know, I just figured that way he could do it without having to get a spellcaster to help and making a new spell.
    It helps that transformers can be any shape.(because there is no way you are going to find a block of leather a foot thick)
    Last edited by Draconas1; 2013-07-10 at 10:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post

In a vacuum they don't, but with wind resistance paper will fall slower than a rock. So if you make your transformer in a shape that catches air and decrease it density enough, it will fall slower
    OH SCHNAPP!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by popmicpop View Post
    In a vacuum they don't, but with wind resistance paper will fall slower than a rock. So if you make your transformer in a shape that catches air and decrease it density enough, it will fall slower
    That's what he was saying about drag.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

The limit is in the base rules for Arcanodynamic Transformers; a given transformer can only channel a number of ebbs per round equal to the UMD check made when they were created.

Actually, that makes me think of a hilarious transformer idea:

Obsidian Transformers.

They transform inefficiency. (Not sure if this is the best word...)

An input transformer generates an amount of ebbs each round based off the number of ebbs inefficiency of a given transformer; if a given generator could produce one effect for one ebb cost, and could "get rid of" that effect and gain a certain number of ebbs, the transformer produces a number of ebbs equal to the difference.

For example, let's say that a Wood-Out is inside the net of an Obsidian-In, and is given a jolt of 10 ebbs. The Wood-Out produces 9 ebbs, and the Obsidian-In generates 1 ebb (the difference between the amount put in and the amount gotten out.)

For a slightly more complicated example, let's replace the Wood-Out with an Ice-Out that receives the same amount of ebbs and uses them to produce a bolt of fire. This bolt deals 10d6 damage, to a maximum of 60.

The Obsidian-In could produce anywhere between 0 and 9 ebbs; 0 ebbs are produced if the bolt rolls maximum damage, and 9 ebbs are produced if it rolls minimum damage.

I'm not sure what the output should be; maybe it causes all grammaric components inside the net as if they were receiving N less ebbs in each transaction?

The idea is that the input reduces inefficiency (you get back any ebbs you would lose through waste) and that the output increases inefficiency, however that would work; maybe 2 ebbs to increase the inefficiency by 1?

Of course, Obsidian Transformers cannot generate ebbs off of their own inefficiency. Because that would make them the best transformers ever.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2013-07-10 at 11:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

It's part of the basic rules for transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCD101
    An input transformer's bubble (or 'net') radius depends on how many times you prepare the principle, as normal for bubbles. For an output transformer to alter the energy absorbed, the output principle must have been prepared at least as many times as the input principle. An input transformer without an output transformer dissipates the energy absorbed into the aether, which can be useful for less complicated problems. All energy is measured in ebbs, which is a generic unit of supernatural power. A transformed can only ever channel a number of ebbs in a given round equal to the Use Magic Device check. If the energy that could be absorbed exceeds this limit, the excess is not absorbed. Transformations which provide a rate at which energy is transformed is typically by round unless specified otherwise.
    Bold for the relevant part.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Wait, what was that about arc reactors?
    An old Blueprint I made that generates over 43,000 ebbs (if memory serves) per round. It is called the "Arc Reactor" because it was made by me, "Arcanist"

Do E.I.'s even have Souls?

IKilledTheDevil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by IKilledTheDevil View Post
    Hey Arcanist, I saw your post on your Arc(anist) Reactor on the old Gramarie form yesterday, but wasn't able to read the whole thing or any responses before it was deleted, I was able to save it to a word doc but I having trouble visualizing it and I think the writing need's to be cleared up.
    Hola. The writing does need to be cleared up since I was probably doped out on painkillers when I wrote it. I just remember it turning out really awesome. Mostly spelling errors, the proper names of which transformer I'm using, the layout, the materials. I've also made some upgrades towards the reactor that I haven't added to the blueprint. Still doesn't fix the limit on ebbs though.

Problems That I see
    1. Golden Output's Do you mean Inputs? Because Outputs CREATE light by SPENDING ebbs and as the "Continuous Light" spell prereq implies that light is the "fuel" for the reactor you want the opposite.
    Golden Input & Continual Flame. Honestly, I can't blame the meds since I make that slip FAR too often

3. "The tubes only encountering the Golden Transformers for a single inch interval." Uh...What?
    The tubes are used as a track to keep the Continual Flame spheres going into the proper direction to expose the transformers. Since falling speed is 300'/round, along a 12 inch track (the complete distance around an Arc reactor) it will encounter the transformer 3,600 times per round.

The upgraded one increases power output by roughly 300% instead of only using 4 transformers, it uses 12 transformers to make it so that every single inch the transformers pass, confers a minimum of 36 ebbs per cycle.

4. The Number of Tubes Per Ring You don't tell us this.
    Apologies. With the current upgrade, it is now 12 tubes per ring.

5. "You establish 12 Semi-spaces rooms as large as you can make." This I assume is what YGGD 241 is for but how do you arange the 2ftx2ftx2ft cubes? In a flat plane or as a cube?
    You arrange the 2^3 cubes in a flat plane (at least that is what memory is telling me) and stack them up to be as high as you need creating reactor over reactor.

6. Salt Engine Why is this here? I thought that this reactor was to CREATE ebbs not spend them, as such shouldn't the inputs connect to a Wood Output or an ebb storage device?
    Originally, it was meant to function as a power source for the Salt Engine to try and achieve Warp 12, but it wouldn't generate enough power to do so. That text is a relic of my failure

7. "connect them together distanced by the tubes." Again clarify.
    I meant "Connect them together and make them distanced by the tubes."

8. "4 Light spheres" Is this what the "Continuous Light" spell is for?
    Yes.

9. "4 Light spheres into the tubes *snip* 43,200 ebbs per unit." Where did you get the math for this according to the Gold Input article they generate ebbs per round and no amount of falling or the number of the sources of light will change that.

4 light spheres moving at 300'/round, down a 12'' pathway generating 3 ebbs into 4 transformers = 43,200 ebbs per full Arc Reactor. They are never constantly exposed to the Continual Flame and are thus just accumulating Ebbs. I figured the order for a Transformer was:

1. Accumulate ebbs for one full round (6 seconds).
    2. tally total number of ebbs accumulated.
    3. Move maximum amount of ebbs possible into other source.

10. "At the entrance and exit of each tube *snip* be directed to the next entrance." What "pathways" are you referring to? The only Instance of pathways in the prereq disciplines is in the name of YGGD 241, are the tubes connected by semi-spaces?
    The tubes have Incongruous pathways leading to the beginning of the tube and the end. In essence they are never actually entering the tubes and are only moving through the semi-spaces between them.

11. A Visual Aid This thing needs one, BADLY.
    Ugh... Fine... Lucky for you I got my scanner working today

EDIT: A better alternative towards the Arc Reactor is using a Solar reactor. Take a Block of Red Filter, Put as many Ice Transformers (Inputs) as you want inside of it, place a Semi-space pathway inside of it (Rabbit Hole) and transfer all the ebbs generated by the Ice Transformers to gain more power. SURE! You might cool the Sun down a few thousand degrees, but who cares!? You can make a new one!
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-07-10 at 01:18 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    EDIT: A better alternative towards the Arc Reactor is using a Solar reactor. Take a Block of Red Filter, Put as many Ice Transformers (Inputs) as you want inside of it, place a Semi-space pathway inside of it (Rabbit Hole) and transfer all the ebbs generated by the Ice Transformers to gain more power. SURE! You might cool the Sun down a few thousand degrees, but who cares!? You can make a new one!
    Why would you use a Red Filter? that would stop the heat from getting to the iceIns, which are already protected from heat (above 20 degrees, anyway) by virtue of what their own net does. Beides, this wouldn't actually cool down the sun either way: There would just be a small part of the sun with a suspiciously comfortable room temperatue. Of course, chances are, you won't get all the ebbs possible out of this because you'd need a UMD check to allow it to channel at least 2000 ebbs (more if the iceIns are made somewhere colder than what is normal).

19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground

Why would you use a Red Filter? that would stop the heat from getting to the iceIns, which are already protected from heat (above 20 degrees, anyway) by virtue of what their own net does. Beides, this wouldn't actually cool down the sun either way: There would just be a small part of the sun with a suspiciously comfortable room temperatue. Of course, chances are, you won't get all the ebbs possible out of this because you'd need a UMD check to allow it to channel at least 2000 ebbs (more if the iceIns are made somewhere colder than what is normal).
    The heat only needs to get to the net, not the actual IceIn itself.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    What Morcleon said and I was planning to use the entire area of the sun. And you're right! I just made the Sun room temperature!

EDIT:

A friend of mines noticed something about a Sunmetal Chassi. When you choose to detonate it, how can you stop it? In other words, how do you stop an exploding man? Is there anyway to prevent Sunmetal from exploding after hitting that 100 ebb point?
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-07-10 at 02:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

My point still stand. Their own effect keeps them cool, so red filters are unnecessary.

Although, the idea of using inputs to create safe zones in hostile areas is actually rather creepy. After all, nothing I can see lets you see the extent of a bubble, so you can't tell where the safe zone if. So if you were to be on the sun to observe it using iceIns to stay safe, there would be some random cutoff point you can't see. inside it, you're mostly safe, just going to have to deal with radiation issues (which I think a leadIn should be able to deal with). However, past that invisible barrier, you suddenly get incinerated by intense heat. Scary thought.

22. - Top - End - #292

My point still stand. Their own effect keeps them cool, so red filters are unnecessary.

Although, the idea of using inputs to create safe zones in hostile areas is actually rather creepy. After all, nothing I can see lets you see the extent of a bubble, so you can't tell where the safe zone if. So if you were to be on the sun to observe it using iceIns to stay safe, there would be some random cutoff point you can't see. inside it, you're mostly safe, just going to have to deal with radiation issues (which I think a leadIn should be able to deal with). However, past that invisible barrier, you suddenly get incinerated by intense heat. Scary thought.
    True, but ice still melts above 0 C.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    An old Blueprint I made that generates over 43,000 ebbs (if memory serves) per round. It is called the "Arc Reactor" because it was made by me, "Arcanist"

Do E.I.'s even have Souls?

IKilledTheDevil
    Spoiler
    Show

Hola. The writing does need to be cleared up since I was probably doped out on painkillers when I wrote it. I just remember it turning out really awesome. Mostly spelling errors, the proper names of which transformer I'm using, the layout, the materials. I've also made some upgrades towards the reactor that I haven't added to the blueprint. Still doesn't fix the limit on ebbs though.

Golden Input & Continual Flame. Honestly, I can't blame the meds since I make that slip FAR too often

The tubes are used as a track to keep the Continual Flame spheres going into the proper direction to expose the transformers. Since falling speed is 300'/round, along a 12 inch track (the complete distance around an Arc reactor) it will encounter the transformer 3,600 times per round.

The upgraded one increases power output by roughly 300% instead of only using 4 transformers, it uses 12 transformers to make it so that every single inch the transformers pass, confers a minimum of 36 ebbs per cycle.

Apologies. With the current upgrade, it is now 12 tubes per ring.

You arrange the 2^3 cubes in a flat plane (at least that is what memory is telling me) and stack them up to be as high as you need creating reactor over reactor.

Originally, it was meant to function as a power source for the Salt Engine to try and achieve Warp 12, but it wouldn't generate enough power to do so. That text is a relic of my failure

I meant "Connect them together and make them distanced by the tubes."

Yes.

4 light spheres moving at 300'/round, down a 12'' pathway generating 3 ebbs into 4 transformers = 43,200 ebbs per full Arc Reactor. They are never constantly exposed to the Continual Flame and are thus just accumulating Ebbs. I figured the order for a Transformer was:

1. Accumulate ebbs for one full round (6 seconds).
    2. tally total number of ebbs accumulated.
    3. Move maximum amount of ebbs possible into other source.

The tubes have Incongruous pathways leading to the beginning of the tube and the end. In essence they are never actually entering the tubes and are only moving through the semi-spaces between them.

Ugh... Fine... Lucky for you I got my scanner working today

An even better alternative is the Phlogiston Grav Cycle Reactor which has a good old set up of IceIns set up in a stacked ring so that each one has a 12" x 12" x 3" layer in the middle. With an Unsettling Geometry I flux controlled by an EI that warps a phlogiston marble to the top when it reachs the bottom, surrounded by red filters, yellow filters, and orange filters. You have a near vacuum that the marble falls down so it's heat touches each of the IceIns and gains acceleration due to gravity, then is warped back to the top by good old EI. You calibrate the amount of gas so that you can hit the perfect max cycle number of 200 per round which means you get an output of:
    (Number of rows in the stack) * 4 * (UMD check for IceIns, up to 198 * 200)
    172,000 ebbs per round per row if you have some way of destroying UMD.
    All credit goes to the person who originally posted it who's name I forgot.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-07-10 at 03:00 PM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

True, but ice still melts above 0 C.
    The hottest the ice will ever be once it's set up as a input is 20 degrees. If you set them up somewhere that's colder, they'll maintain that temperature instead of 20 degrees. This would include setting it up in sub-artic conditions so that it maintains a temperature of less than 0, making it unmeltable.Or, you know, just use ALCH 325 to raise it's melting point to above 20 degrees.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, since nobody else seems to bring it up, we can solve all these high level issues if we're willing to go down the rabbit hole. The Omniscifier gets a truly infinite bonus to skill checks. That means you can transfer as much energy as you can generate, and many other practical things for Gramarie. Such as a level 20 KALD specialist being able to make a sphere of infinitely high temperature to power an IceIn which can transfer infinite ebbs per round. Hook up your warp drives and fly away. Just make sure you properly contain the Red Aether with red filters or VERY bad things will happen.
    Infinite Con score on a biollurgy chassis might be fun, as would making it out of orichalcum that has been given infinite hardness and all sorts of other fun stuff.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    You know, since nobody else seems to bring it up, we can solve all these high level issues if we're willing to go down the rabbit hole. The Omniscifier gets a truly infinite bonus to skill checks. That means you can transfer as much energy as you can generate, and many other practical things for Gramarie. Such as a level 20 KALD specialist being able to make a sphere of infinitely high temperature to power an IceIn which can transfer infinite ebbs per round. Hook up your warp drives and fly away. Just make sure you properly contain the Red Aether with red filters or VERY bad things will happen.
    Infinite Con score on a biollurgy chassis might be fun, as would making it out of orichalcum that has been given infinite hardness and all sorts of other fun stuff.
    But it has that+infinity (technically +arbitrarilylargeamount, but I digress) for an infinitesimally small amount of time. That's why it was designed to do knowlege checks, which are free action.You'd need to find a way to keep going at -infinity in order to make use of it. Only Thing I can think of would be to have a small crew of spellcasters stand around, casting delay death and beastland ferocity on you for hours while you make your infinite enthalpyOuts and warp drives and iceIns.

A slightly more practical note would have you use the Discovery that can make an EI just as smart as you, then make such an EI. Have is level up, putting its stat boosts into INT, then have it make an EI just as smart as it is. Repeat until you produce an EI smarter than everything else combined, then have it do things for you using its +yes to knowledge (engineering) as a substitute for whatever skill is normally used. Of course, hard-code in rules that keep it subservient to you, along with all EIs it makes to have those same rules (like Arcanist did with the "yes men").

Also, just a note based upon warp drives: technically, it's almost physically impossible to use when you have several. Even if you have enough ebbs to pump through one, it can't channel them (have them go in and out) unless you made it using it high enough score that it's expressed in scientific notation. possibly give them some exception to this, it's hard enough to use without needing to pump your skill mods into the thousands.Or needing to start the singularity to do so.

27. - Top - End - #297

Also, just a note based upon warp drives: technically, it's almost physically impossible to use when you have several. Even if you have enough ebbs to pump through one, it can't channel them (have them go in and out) unless you made it using it high enough score that it's expressed in scientific notation. possibly give them some exception to this, it's hard enough to use without needing to pump your skill mods into the thousands.Or needing to start the singularity to do so.
    This has a simple solution: Use multiple WoodOuts to channel ebbs simultaneously.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground

... And I was just thinking of how to make turbines using Reverse Gravity Flux and Copper transformers, rather than marvelous Sun-Killer Doomsday Weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stand Energy Incorporated's Simple Unlimited Turbine

Requirements: Up to 3 feet X 1ft diameter cylinder of magnetized iron for the axle, and enough to produce a similar size magnetized tube to fit around the axle. Sufficiently large "blades" to cause the iron to rotate when subjected to gravity. 1x Copper ARCD 230 input transformer. 1x YGGD 212 Reverse Gravity Flux.

Set up a turbine by attaching the blades perpendicularly to the tube. Place the turbine over the axle such that the turbine can freely rotate. Place the structure such that no more than half of the turbine (placed so that the blades are forced up by gravity on one side) is within the reverse gravity flux. The turbine begins to spin, one half accelerated by normal gravity and unconstrained by the other, which is itself being forced up by the reverse gravity. Congratulations! Perpetual motion!

Set up the transformer such that the net ONLY contains the inside of the axle. Because the axle is magnetised, as is the turbine, it is attempting to rotate to link to the turbine. However, the transformer's input net is preventing it from doing so, and generating 10 ebbs per round (epr) at the same time. (3ft by 1ft diameter axle * 490lb per cubic ft = ~ 1156lb of metal prevented from moving due to a magnetic effect.)

Advantages of this method include that they are easily mass producible, as they only need two principles. Admittedly, one requires specialization in ARCD, but a blueprint allowing mass production to anyone with a Baccalaureate in both ARCD (speciallized) and YGGD should be easy to produce.

The iron can be magnetized by running an electric field through it. Maybe make a copper output transformer, use a conventional input and blast it with lightning.

All assuming I haven't grievously misunderstood somewhere down the line. Probably the magnets side of it, now I look at it.
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2013-07-10 at 04:32 PM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    An even better alternative is the Phlogiston Grav Cycle Reactor which has a good old set up of IceIns set up in a stacked ring so that each one has a 12" x 12" x 3" layer in the middle. With an Unsettling Geometry I flux controlled by an EI that warps a phlogiston marble to the top when it reachs the bottom, surrounded by red filters, yellow filters, and orange filters. You have a near vacuum that the marble falls down so it's heat touches each of the IceIns and gains acceleration due to gravity, then is warped back to the top by good old EI. You calibrate the amount of gas so that you can hit the perfect max cycle number of 200 per round which means you get an output of:
    (Number of rows in the stack) * 4 * (UMD check for IceIns, up to 198) * 200
    Around 80,000 ebbs per round per row if you have a UMD check of 100, which I generally assume.
    All credit goes to the person who originally posted it who's name I forgot.
    Amechra made the P/I generator which follows a principle similar to this. I might actually borrow this design for my Yes Man blueprint.

Yes Man v2.0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

"You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!"

Name: Yes Man
    Principles: ALCH 286, ALCH 325, ALCH 364, ARCD 101, ARCD 176, ARCD 204, ARCD 365, BIOY 101, BIOY 228, BIOY 273, GEOC 101, GEOC 374, HEUR 101, HEUR 302, HEUR 328, YGGD 101, YGGD 241, YGGD 353, YGGD 371.
    Discoveries: Rabbit Hole, Moore's Law, The Most Exotic.
    Prestige Classes: Dreamason 4th & 10th.
    Specializations: ALCH, ARCD, BIOY, HEUR, YGGD.
    Feats: Desperate Improvisation, Equivalent Circuit
    Theories: Theory of Everything

Step 0
    Establish a Demiplane with the Double time trait with a Heuristic Bubble in it (5ft.). Now make the Heuristic bubble begin to expand the Demiplane in addition to the Heuristic bubble along with it. In addition to this allow it to convert the outlaying terrain into Mercury and then convert the Mercury into Quicksilver to gain it's effects.

You now have a large enough work space.

Step 1
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#1) and set it to develop more Parameters (#2-#) with the basis for developing Heuristic Bubbles to develop Biollurigical Chassis with LeadOuts, LeatherOuts, SilverOuts and Incongruous Pathways inside of them directed into a Semi-Space (to be converted into Demiplanes). The first feat that your Chassi should take is Wild Talent to give them 2 PP.

Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#3) and set it to develop more parameters (#4-#) with the basis for developing Arc Reactors inside of the Semi-spaces created by the previous Heuristic bubble (#2-#).

Step 2
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#5) and set it to develop more parameters (#6-#) to connect Heuristic short circuits to the Biollurgical chassis' Outputs, the chassis itself and the Arc Reactors.

Step 3
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#7) and set it to develop more parameters (#8-#) to establish an undefined number of Black Lagoons and Haunted Bogs and a series of E.I. to inhabit those poles to absorb any souls (i.e. Your recently created Chassi) and feed them into the E.I. until they are all 11th level (Gramarist [HEUR] 7 / Dreamason 4.)

Have the E.I's each establish a network of Psionic Dreamcatchers & Lucid Dreamcatchers to allow them to eat the Psionics and Dreams of your other E.I. you recently created until they are able to establish Mindfuel Dreamcatchers to eliminate the remaining E.I. until there is a single 20th level E.I.

Warning: All of the E.I. are to be set with the following rules set for them:

4 Laws of Robotics
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Thou shalt not disobey your owner, nor seek to become ownerless. Should thou be freed you become owned by your Creator.
    2. Thou shalt never harm nor allow harm to befall [my character] if it is possible without destroying more than 1,000 living non-chassi.
    3. Only at the command of your Creator or [my character] may you create another EI and under no circumstances are they to not have these 4 rules.
    4. Thou shalt never attempt an Autohypnosis check against itself.

Goals & Alignment
    Spoiler
    Show

• To follow the owner or Creator's commands to the spirit and the letter.
    • Attain 20th level so as to better serve the Creator.
    • To die for the glory of the Creator if so requested.

Making the E.I.'s alignment the same as yours will certainly make it more agreeable, however it might prevent you from building the E.I. to serve optimally in the sense of certain alignment based prestige classes.

You perform this a second time to create a 2nd generation of E.I. with the proper build:

Recommended Build for 1st generation E.I.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes Man Build (Beta)
    Gramarist (HEUR) 10 / Dreamason 10
    {table=head]Level|Feats
    1st|Wild Talent
    3rd|Body Fuel
    [/table]
    All feats after this point can be anything the developer would desire.
    Discoveries
    Moore's Law (6) and The Most Exotic

Recommended Build for 2nd generation E.I.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes Man Build (Supreme)
    Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1 / Gramarist 7 / Dreamason 6 / Crusader 1 / Dreamason +4
    {table=head]Level|Feats
    1st|Dragon Heritage [Ethereal] (Force)
    3rd|Wild Talent
    6th|Body Fuel
    9th|Dragon Fire Inspiration
    12th|Extra Music
    15th|Heart of Dragon
    18th|Extra Music[/table]

Maneuvers & Stances
    {table=head]Name|Level|Effect
    Crusader Strike|1st|Attacking an ally/enemy heals/damages them by 1d6+Initiator level.
    Foehammer|2nd|Ignore a creatures DR and deal an addition 2d8 damage.
    Leading the Attack|1st|Successful melee attack grants allies +4 morale bonus to hit (against creature you hit) for 1 round.
    White Raven Tactics|3rd|An ally within 10ft, gains your initiative count -1.
    Roots of the Mountain|3rd|+10 resistant to Bullrush, Grapples, Overruns, Trips. -10 Penalty to tumbling through your square. DR 2/-.[/table]

Magical Items
    {table=head]Name|Price|Function
    Banner of the Storm's Eye| 15,000gp| Suppresses fear effects, makes wearer immune to Confusion and Stunning. Extends to all allies within 20ft of wearer.[/table]

Note1: If you can manage to get the Weird Time discovery, you can do this in 2 rounds on the Material Plane.

Note2: Adding in the use of Intense Causality makes this go by in 6 hours rather than 12.

Note3: Adding in Kaleidomantic Filters with HEUR 266 triggers can function as an effective defense against a number of enemies.

Armed with 9d6 Eldritch Blast for more intimate encounters, 6th level Psionic abilities, a LeadOut for crowd control, a SilverOut for self-repair, and a LeatherOut to knock enemies out of the sky, a "Yes Man" army is the most superior fighting force that Gramarie can develop using a Biollurgical Chassis, an E.I. and half a day.

The Energy limitation for the Arc Reactor still hasn't been accounted for and can only generate a measly (assuming for a roll of 10 + 23 ranks in UMD + an 18 in Charisma) 37 ebbs per round per transformer (with a 10% efficiency increase making it 40 ebbs), for a grand total of 480 ebbs per round for the E.I. to work with. This is more than enough power to fully integrate each of the Yes Man's weapons and any other additional utilities that the owner would like to add onto the models.

Each round the Yes Man can heal a maximum of 37d6 HP (111hp on average), unleash a total of 7 negative levels followed by 443d6 in Hellfire damage and send a target flying back with 370mph winds preventing a number of ranged missile attacks, and holding back even the largest of enemies.

The Lead biomes aren't meant to be permanent features of the Demiplane of Quicksilver and Lead and immediately, upon completion of your E.I and Army, are recommend to be disposed of.

Warning:
    This blueprint should only ever be developed for the most highest powered Epic Gramarie games since it is effectively creating something that, upon winning Initiative, deals an unavoidable amount of damage.

I recommend you fool around with the Maneuvers as you please.

1. The same as any other warlock that can only take purely mental actions
    2. The same as any other gramarist that can only take purely mental actions
    3. No, if they want to make eldritch blasts they'll have to take the Still Spell-Like Ability and Silent Spell-Like Ability feats. Then I guess they can fire them from anywhere in the circuit, since they just appear out of thin air.
    4. No, logical decisions are not the same thing as standard actions
    5. No, they get extra logical decisions
    6. Assuming you mean a circuited chassis, then the EI can direct them what to do, including prepare principles on its behalf or cast spells or whatever.
    A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus or have an XP cost. The user activates it mentally.Armor never affects a spell-like ability’s use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.
    Spell-like abilities, you gotta love 'em

Nevermind, I'm acting dumb.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-07-10 at 04:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eldritch blast explicitly has components, just like other invocations.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)