New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    I figured it was a longshot but I couldn't help but read "flex your gums" in Michael Gira's voice. Their first album had a track in which he repeatedly screamed "Flex your muscles!"
    Huh. That was the song?

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Huh. That was the song?
    "The" song?

I'm not sure what "the" is, in this case. But it's here if you care to hear it.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I don't really have anything to say for once, this is a rarity for me. Online at any rate. In real life, I barely have anything to say, especially to my family because they have this way of guilt slinging that makes my throat swell shut, my stomach ache and blaming me for anything.
    And this is me in a good mood at the moment.
    In short, I need something to interest me here, because that's about the only thing that'll make me happy any more. Because I have no life. Because the only worth anything has to anyone is how it relates to themselves.
    It's even a theory; I forget the name at the moment, but I call it the Selfish Theory.
    I am selfish, and a bit of a narcissist; I am in desperate need of amiable company after a month (particularly the last week) of Hell.

Fawn over me, discuss things things that I like and do what I say. I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your [god]. [/arrogant demands and quotations]
    *hugs*
    Spoken as words of honesty, just seeing that you'd posted here brightened up my morning a little. Given, many of my friends evoke that feeling in me, but you're included.

Hmm, I really should update that fawn scribble to actually contain fawns...

How wasted? :smallcurious: I could do with a - no. No I couldn't. When your mother drinks until she vomits (in fairness it was mostly the Neighbour's fault) and is a depressed, sobbing mess for half an hour, and you just cannot move because you can't do emotions when you're not Right, and then you have to clean up the entire kitchen and bathroom floor and sterilise twice you go off drink.
    I'll join you down the pub for some non-boozey drinks and terrible cheesy music on the jukebox though.
    Yeah, when you really want to get a drink just to forget your problems, it's a good sign you should stay off it...

Spoiler
    Show

"Faster! Keep running! Keep running!"
    *1*

*bang*

"Mother, where are you?"
    *2*

"Mother won't wake up."
    *3*

Yeah, you're doing it right. That was cute.
    I can't tell whether I should laugh or cry. There's always something special about a twisted word (or image) of encouragement, and with Bambi, no less. Well played...

My meds went tits up, actually made the depression worse and shot my already shaky sleeping patterns to death and misery; my granddad had a stroke, may have cancer, but he's too old for the surgery and chemo could kill him too (still trying), oh, and his beloved dog probably'll be put down because of a spinal injury; Little Sister failed half her exams and I stressed out for a while trying to figure out a way to stop the college straight up expelling her and allow her to keep attending (I did); Bees had a week where he decided to push every single button I had - and it was my fault I reacted by screaming and shouting when he essentially called me a racist monster who should have been aborted at birth - so I had to apologise to him. Otherwise he would do bad things. And the drinking incident. And everyone tells me when bad things happen to them because it makes them feel better, so I can't tell them it makes me feel worse.
    And the 'I have no friends to talk to, and I just can't find the energy to type. OR READ' problem. And the moment of terror where I want everything to stop and the things I'm thinking of are bad.
    Then the clawing back up the mountain.
    I sincerely hope no one reading this has ever felt this way. Ever.
    Still, getting better.
    Yeah, the self-centred thing is a 'throwback' - though can one call it a throwback when it undeniably influences us heavily? You want people to talk about things you know about and like, because then you look good in their eyes, raising your status as they think you're smarter/more passionate/wise/whatever, and that means you're more vital than another person.
    Ultimately, even compassion can be twisted to be selfish because 'is there ever a truly selfless choice?' Oh, ethics, morals, philosophy and grey areas, you make everything so much more complex. If people thought too hard they'd probably end up hating themselves.
    *hugs again*
    That's more than anyone should be forced to carry on their own...

I can't claim to ever have felt your way, for I don't think my situations have ever been the similar enough, but I can relate to a few of the things you speak of. If it makes you feel less lonely, I'll tell you that August has been a truly hard month for many, me included...

Why can't you tell them they're burning you out by using you as their personal therapist? If their problems are so heavy that they're bring you down, they should seek professional aid, not rely on you to be there for them at all times. There is a point when even the strongest person snaps under their load. Don't let yourself be brought there.

Honesty is relative, but I try. I'm like one of those obsequious sycophants who can disagree while seeming to agree.
    Mostly though, honesty is amusing (or at least it seems to be for you lot here (when I'm not being a massive downer)) because I ramble. A lot. Unveiling all the paths in my twistily verbose mind whether anyone cares or not.
    I just wish more people actually did. Stupid self-pitying child.
    Cares about the twisting paths of your mind? I do. I sadly don't know enough of the topics that interest you to actually come up with any suitable responses, and I'm of the mind which when lost on what to say says nothing...

I guess I could discuss philosophy, or any of your topics really, but I'm not book-learned, so when the names start flying through the air, I'll just get lost...

wut
    I guess some explanation is in order. Some... while ago (13th of July, to be precise), I woke up to find Sheep fawning over someone who may've asked for it, and as a part of it, he fawned over me too for good meassure. My sleep-addled mind managed to brew up a hilarious mental image, and I decided to scribble it down. Now, since I still wasn't fully awake, I accidently mixed up fawns and fauns, and this became the result:

I should redraw it to not have the visual pun partially ruined by the visual typo of mine, but baby deer probably require more work to make a sufficiently squishy pile of...

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It is likely a variety of salt based on the name. But what I need to do is stop forgetting that English is not your first language.
    True, but more importantly, you can't expect me to ever have heard of any of the brand or product names you take for granted down under...

And "örtsalt" literally translates to "herb salt". It's basically an attempt to create something which tastes salty without containing salt, and I guess halfway successful. It was popular to pour in a large pile on a piece of buttered (or rather, margarined) knäckebröd for reasons beyond my comprehension when I was in grade 4-6. I haven't seen a jar of it for years, though...

Perhaps the primary difference is that we do not have a conveniently place thermometer at my house. There is one, but I am uncertain of its accuracy and it's not in plain view so I don't bother with it.
    Ahh, I see...

That's what one would assume. But in truth, the best secret facilities are always disguised as the mundane. Especially if there are tunnels. Tunnels are always hiding something.
    Well, they kinda require there to be enough place to do something secret and not a multitude of man-high pipes filling up the ground, and I wouldn't really call this site mundane...

Can't disagree with that last sentence, though...

In this case, by alright, I meant not about to try and crush the souls of those who annoy me such that their resulting misery makes me feel better by comparison. There are times when it comes to mind.
    Fortunately, now is not one of them. I've completed one of the myriad tasks set to me, so things are starting to look up. Hopefully, I can get other people to do the cleaning of the ceiling so I won't have to, which will indeed be good.
    Hmm, I can't say that had any greatly calming effect on me. Good thing you won't hurt anyone, though...

Is there such a thing as brushing one's teeth too much? I've been brushing my teeth a lot lately. Not sure why.
    Yes, there is. Too much brushing can damage your gums and probably do some other bad stuff too, but I don't think a mere 3-4 times per day should be harmful per se. I hope you're using a soft brush and don't apply too much pressure when brushing...

ION:
    Our Internet connection has given up the ghost, and we seem to be unable to fix it. Since our modem is more or less brand new, and since it's clearly been showing inability to connect to the Internet itself, I guess the problem sits outside our phone jack and thus outside our control. I'd call Telia now to try and get some help from their support desk, but I'm a bit anxious about making phone calls, and I won't have time for any prolonged talk...

I'm currently using my phone to connect to the 3.5G net instead. This is a working solution, but I've only got 2 GB per month before the service provider cuts my bandwidth dramatically, and last month, I managed to burn those in but two weeks by using my phone as my primary connection to avoid stability issues (plus a few days of downtime as we upgraded our modem)...

IOON:
    My throat has gone sore. This is a bad turn of events, since I'm going to do lab assisting a little later today, and need my speaking voice. I really hope I'm not going ill...

IOOON:
    It's interesting when you can visibly see the sun's movement from the shadows on your keyboard (almost equivalent to a two metre sun dial). It's a very obvious testament to the passing of time, and almost a little scary. It makes one feel rather existential...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *snip*
    I don't remember commenting when it was first posted, but I love that pic. ^_^

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

IOOON:
    It's interesting when you can visibly see the sun's movement from the shadows on your keyboard (almost equivalent to a two metre sun dial). It's a very obvious testament to the passing of time, and almost a little scary. It makes one feel rather existential...
    Dawn and sunset always depresses me. That glowy half-light. I really have no idea why, since most people seem to like the dawn, and sunsets are supposed to be pretty. I much prefer actual, real dark.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I don't remember commenting when it was first posted, but I love that pic. ^_^
    Thanks! :3

Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

...Is that... me?

Too many anthropomorphized creatures with ears.

ION: School begins in 49 minutes. Naturally, to make the end of summer, it is drizzling miserably and the sun is less visible than in a Burton movie.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ...Is that... me?

ION: School begins in 49 minutes. Naturally, to make the end of summer, it is drizzling miserably and the sun is less visible than in a Burton movie.
    I'm pretty sure they're fauns. Though that was my first thought, too. But you don't seem to have hooves. =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

...Is that... me?

Unless you're a mutated sheep or a highly anonymous faun, no, I don't think that's you...

Well, at least you didn't start on a Monday. Given, the rain we were promised yesterday never showed up, and we've had some pretty good weather all in all, so I think you win the Depressing School Start Award anyway.

ION:
    Throat is still sore, and I'm feeling some other burgeoning illness symptoms. Just great...

Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING SICK!? *hides in bubble*

I'm back after a long and eventful weekend. Luckily it wasn't as bad as my last eventful weekend, which involved that failed trip to Maine.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

11. - Top - End - #521
    Colossus in the Playground

Throat is still sore, and I'm feeling some other burgeoning illness symptoms. Just great...
    Feel better soon Teddy!

Also, wish me luck guys. After my shower in a bit I'm going to put in a resume at the book store

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

I am the very picture of rude health.

Despite being right in the middle of the worst winter in years and a flood zone.

Also being buried under my workload and insane pressure and stress and stuff.

And also, I'm the proud new owner of my very own financial advisor. I've got more insurance and income protection that I know what to do with. I feel so grown up.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING SICK!? *hides in bubble*
    Because it's that time of the year, when everyone gets back to school or work after a summer of not having to work on your resistencies, and your friendly neighbourhood Typhoid Mary can get down to business again...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm back after a long and eventful weekend. Luckily it wasn't as bad as my last eventful weekend, which involved that failed trip to Maine.
    Welcome back! Was it a good or a bad eventfulness?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Feel better soon Teddy!

Also, wish me luck guys. After my shower in a bit I'm going to put in a resume at the book store
    Thanks, and good luck! :3

ION:
    Our Internet is back. This is good. :3
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-09-03 at 10:54 AM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Because it's that time of the year, when everyone gets back to school or work after a summer of not having to work on your resistencies, and your friendly neighbourhood Typhoid Mary can get down to business again...

Welcome back! Was it a good or a bad eventfulness?
    Ah, the change of seasons. Winter to Spring is particularly lethal to me.

Thank you! It was...mostly good? Bachelor party went well. Groom is very happy with it. And we played mutants and masterminds, and a game called fiasco on the final day of it. And the middle day I curled my mustache and wore a top hat and then strode the city proudly with 6 other guys. The went over well. Very pleased how it all came out (aside from a little drama with one of the guys, who became beligerant half way through the night )
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

This kickstarter project seems interesting. Also somewhat odd.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #526

In short, I need something to interest me here, because that's about the only thing that'll make me happy any more. Because I have no life. Because the only worth anything has to anyone is how it relates to themselves.
    *Hugs*
    I always wish you were on here more often, not least because I imagine that we could help cheer you up (Though admittedly also because I'm a bit selfish and having you around will often cheer me up).

I am selfish, and a bit of a narcissist; I am in desperate need of amiable company after a month (particularly the last week) of Hell.

Fawn over me, discuss things things that I like and do what I say. I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your [god]. [/arrogant demands and quotations]
    ...I can't remember the responding lines... well, apart from "You have no power over me" and that would be a blatant lie on my part...

In any case, I'll get to the fawning and stuff right after this quotestorm.

Spoiler
    Show

Am I doing it right?
    Yes, yes you are.

"Oh, CurlyKitGirl... Your knowledge of squid bones - which are not called "squid bones" do not exist - causes me to swoon. Oh, your knowledge of European history is amazing. Your honesty rivals even that of Enderlord99, who is honest to the core."
    FTFY.

*snip*
    *Hugs*

And everyone tells me when bad things happen to them because it makes them feel better, so I can't tell them it makes me feel worse.
    Contrariwise, if you ever need to tell someone when bad things happen to you to make you feel better, you know I'm always willing to listen. I'm pretty good at listening (partly because I usually have no idea what to say in response, but still...). I am on the phones, and the facebooks, and the emails, and the skypes.

If I had the money to get me set up elsewhere, and a guaranteed job I'd go.
    If I were in a position to definitely offer you a place to live and a job, I would absolutely do so.

Enderlord's the one with the centaur avvie right? Little contentious at times?
    More than a little... though I haven't been paying as much attention to him of late so I don't know if he's changed.

Hugs? Hugs are good.
    *Hugs*

I must be feeling better! (No, I actually am. I wasn't even mentally correcting fanfic the other day, and I always do that)

*awaits a certain reference*
    Yes. I'm angling obviously.
    Reference? Oh, um, er...
    Oh! Did someone turn you into a newt?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues, Curly...I recommend a meetup! (Although I won't be at the next one myself, I hear the other British GITPers are nice people, you'll like them ).
    Unfortunately the next meetup still isn't for at least three months, and I'm unaware of any mini-meets planned for the interim. I mean, my standard practice would be to say "Come see me shows!" But I'm even further away from Curly than the rest of the country.

Well, I suppose brushing one's teeth to the point of bleeding would be considered "too much."
    Not necessarily, you can cause your gums to bleed quite quickly if they've gotten inflamed or something, and the fact they're bleeding is a good sign because it indicates you're brushing in the right way to potentially get them more healthy again.

There is a point when even the strongest person snaps under their load. Don't let yourself be brought there.
    Yeah, there's some moderately famous quote about that isn't there? Something about how nervous breakdowns and such aren't a sign of weakness, but of having had to be strong for too long?

My sleep-addled mind
    I initially misread this as "My sheep-addled mind", which given the context I suppose could make about as much sense.

OK, ION: Trying to think of subjects of potential interest to Koorly.

G&S. Obviously never stops being a thing for me. Went to Buxton (For the last time, as next year the festival moves to Harrogate) for Ruddigore, which was amazing, and I really need to actually write my blog post about it. Also Trial/Zoo were really good, and then I got shanghaied into staying an extra couple of days as a last minute substitute tenor for St. Andrews' Gondoliers, which was interesting if not quite on the same level.
    Now rehearsing Bob (in which I play the eponymous Bob), a small one act, four character show that was probably a curtain-raiser or something contemporary to G&S; and The Mikado, in which I'm playing Pooh-Bah (And as soon as that's over I'll start rehearsing it again with a different society and hopefully playing a different part).

Books. I have been re-reading a bunch of Pratchett lately, because I felt like it. I think - yes, there was a conversation about assorted Discworld books and their good and bad points which inspired me to go re-read a bunch of them. And then after re-reading Night Watch I decided to sidetrack myself onto re-reading all the Watch books to see the progress of Vimes c.f. Night Watch.
    Oh, oh, also Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane is amazing. I mean, obviously, it's Gaiman. But still.

Oh, and on Saturday I went to see a new local group including several of my friends performing The Importance of Being Earnest. So that was fun. Specifically including a certain friend formerly known to you for his rendition of HMS Pinafore as sung by Beaker; he was playing Miss Prism and was the most hilarious thing.

Edit: And then facebook reminded me that today was the DVD release of Star Trek Into Darkness. Have you seen it? Did you like it? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-09-03 at 11:25 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Oh, oh, also Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane is amazing. I mean, obviously, it's Gaiman. But still.
    Word.

Also, there's a movie possibly being planned for it? Wonder how that will turn out.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Word.

Also, there's a movie possibly being planned for it? Wonder how that will turn out.
    I've heard there are films/TV series being planned for like three or four different Gaiman books. I'll believe it when I see a trailer.

Though, while reading things I do sometimes imagine how they'd be as films, and I recall thinking The Ocean at the End of the Lane would be difficult to adapt. Can't remember why I thought that, though.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Though, while reading things I do sometimes imagine how they'd be as films, and I recall thinking The Ocean at the End of the Lane would be difficult to adapt. Can't remember why I thought that, though.
    For some reason (I'm also not sure exactly why) I kept thinking of Corpse Bride while I was reading the book. So... maybe something in that line could work. Not necessarily stop motion or puppetry or whatever, but the same sort of general atmosphere? I dunno.

Also, yeah. I'm still waiting for that American Gods miniseries or whatever it would have been.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, look, Thufir's back! How are those +5 level adjustment and racial Wisdom and Charisma penalties (-2 and -4, respectively) working out for you, as a Favored Soul? I would call you a cleric, but you're clearly NE (or possibly CE,) whereas Curly strikes me as being LN (though I'm not sure).

I'd apologize for the rude welcome, but I'm not feeling particularly sorry, seeing as you assumed I was too dumb to read the whitetext in which you admitted your species. You know what I'm referring to!

IRN: Black coffee with lime peel seems to be saturating my brain, even though I didn't drink it.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-09-03 at 11:54 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #531

The Importance of Being Earnest. So that was fun. Specifically including a certain friend formerly known to you for his rendition of HMS Pinafore as sung by Beaker; he was playing Miss Prism and was the most hilarious thing.

Edit: And then facebook reminded me that today was the DVD release of Star Trek Into Darkness. Have you seen it? Did you like it? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.
    I hope, somewhere out there in the movie verse, there is a movie featuring Earnest from such "classics" as "Earnest Saves Christmas" called "The Importance of Being Earnest" which is a full plot parody of the play, featuring said character. I am sorry.

I've seen it! I liked I! Cumberbatch was cool!

Back from the bookstore. It's closed until 12 due to a lack of staff XP

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Oh, look, Thufir's back! How are those +5 level adjustment and racial Wisdom and Charisma penalties (-2 and -4, respectively) working out for you, as a Favored Soul? I would call you a cleric, but you're clearly NE (or possibly CE,) whereas Curly strikes me as being LN (though I'm not sure).
    You don't know me very well. N, for the record, though I'd be mildly curious to see your reasoning. And obviously I can't speak for Coorly, but I'm pretty damn sure she's no variety of lawful.

I'd apologize for the rude welcome, but I'm not feeling particularly sorry, seeing as you assumed I was too dumb to read the whitetext in which you admitted your species. You know what I'm referring to!
    ...no, actually I have literally no idea what you're talking about here.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Banned

Benedict Cumberbatch is the best thing since wrapped bread.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

...no, actually I have literally no idea what you're talking about here.
    You told Draconi Redfir to stop trying to calm me down because my anger was "funny." And if it really is, keep laughing: I'm angry right now.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #535

You told Draconi Redfir to stop trying to calm me down because my anger was "funny." And if it really is, keep laughing: I'm angry right now.
    Hmm. After some cursory googling, I believe I've found the incident to which you refer; however if I'm right, it was Devmaar, not Draconi Redfir, I was amused at your confusion/failure to realise I was joking rather than your anger (not sure if I even realised you were generally angry, though there was certainly an element of "Why so serious?" to my posts), and nothing about species; not to mention I've posted a few times since then without eliciting this reaction from you, so I'm still somewhat confused.

Also, I made no such assumption about your intelligence or lack thereof - white text is there to be found. If I actually didn't want you to read something, I wouldn't say it.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-09-03 at 12:57 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

and nothing about species;
    +5 Level Adjustment, -2 Wis, -4 Cha. Though I suppose it isn't actually that accurate.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

And you're right! It is September already! Best of luck with your classes and things while I try and catch up with all the things I wanted to actually get around to this year...

Well, that's hardly fair at all. I see no particular reason to visit your country of residence if you don't want to visit my country of residence. However, I will likely be exceedingly boring and ignore that fact when I decide to step foot on the island of Great Britain.
    *grumble, grumble* New Zealand isn't special... They're just our ever more boring neighbour with a funny accent...

Actually... To tell the truth, I also enjoyed it.
    Suddenly I notice myself getting dragged into all sorts of tumbling. Before lectures begin we have the Freshers Week with all sorts of events for first years, and I'm getting dragged to the welcome team. Training takes some days, then it's spending days around the campus helping kids moving in halls and telling them to drag their arses to the stupid horrible parties (plus ceilidh, which is awesome). And remind them to go to the Freshers Fair to join clubs & societies. And during Freshers Fair, oh boy, I'll be manning two stalls... Damn it kendo and RPGs!

Well, if all else fails, we could just meet up in New Zealand, eh?
    But New Zealand is so cool! And it's cooler than Australia also in the sense that I probably wouldn't rot in the heat!

Right, now there's three people that I know that like it. Great. Now you're just multiplying!

Is there such a thing as brushing one's teeth too much? I've been brushing my teeth a lot lately. Not sure why.
    You're very likely wearing out the enamel on your teeth too much with that. Also, if your gums are bleeding, you could see the dentist or mouth hygienist or whatever you call that person who can just remove dental plaque/calculus, it's a very common reason for bleeding gums. I should do it soon, it's been like 2 years since my last time at the dentist...

Anyways. I sometimes notice myself brushing my teeth six times a day. It has to be six. Doesn't happen too often though now that my OCD is getting vastly milder.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    And also, I'm the proud new owner of my very own financial advisor. I've got more insurance and income protection that I know what to do with. I feel so grown up.
    Keeping up with your finances and managing things well is another Finnish feature! Are you sure you're not moving to Finland?

ION: Nokia sold its soul to Microsoft and I have all the rights to be majorly pissed off today for that.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-09-03 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, there's some moderately famous quote about that isn't there? Something about how nervous breakdowns and such aren't a sign of weakness, but of having had to be strong for too long?
    Hmm, I don't think I've heard it, but I agree with the sentiment. It's been a bitter wisdom to learn that anyone will crack under sufficient pressure, me included...

I initially misread this as "My sheep-addled mind", which given the context I suppose could make about as much sense.
    Hehehe...

But yeah, I suppose it actually could...

G&S. Obviously never stops being a thing for me. Went to Buxton (For the last time, as next year the festival moves to Harrogate) for Ruddigore, which was amazing, and I really need to actually write my blog post about it. Also Trial/Zoo were really good, and then I got shanghaied into staying an extra couple of days as a last minute substitute tenor for St. Andrews' Gondoliers, which was interesting if not quite on the same level.
    Now rehearsing Bob (in which I play the eponymous Bob), a small one act, four character show that was probably a curtain-raiser or something contemporary to G&S; and The Mikado, in which I'm playing Pooh-Bah (And as soon as that's over I'll start rehearsing it again with a different society and hopefully playing a different part).
    Hmm, one time I wish to see one of these together with someone as enthusiastic as you. I really think it would enhance the experience...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Suddenly I notice myself getting dragged into all sorts of tumbling. Before lectures begin we have the Freshers Week with all sorts of events for first years, and I'm getting dragged to the welcome team. Training takes some days, then it's spending days around the campus helping kids moving in halls and telling them to drag their arses to the stupid horrible parties (plus ceilidh, which is awesome). And remind them to go to the Freshers Fair to join clubs & societies. And during Freshers Fair, oh boy, I'll be manning two stalls... Damn it kendo and RPGs!
    Hmm, Freshers Fair, I wish we did that over here. Over here, it's just tons of partying and silly activities, which is fun, but it's hard to forge new bonds over them when you go into panic mode after half a week of sensory overload, and when I finally realised how fun it was, our two weeks were almost over.

And now I'm not even a freshman any more...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-09-03 at 01:17 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Resume put in to the bookstore! Woo! Go go Resume Girl! Use your super power of "walking at a brisk pace" to deliver JUSTICE!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, Freshers Fair, I wish we did that over here. Over here, it's just tons of partying and silly activities, which is fun, but it's hard to forge new bonds over them when you go into panic mode after half a week of sensory overload, and when I finally realised how fun it was, our two weeks were almost over.

And now I'm not even a freshman any more...
    I'm glad there's some non-drinking activities for the freshers. Granted, the nights are wet and full of people getting pished, but at least they actually get some proper info during the days for those who aren't really interested in all the partying.

*pats on head*

Resume put in to the bookstore! Woo! Go go Resume Girl! Use your super power of "walking at a brisk pace" to deliver JUSTICE!
    *makes the happy dance*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~