New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Yung Crunk Presents B-Sides, Remixes and Outtakes: Random Banter, Vol. 214

I post only to assure the world that yes, I have in fact not yet been sheared and skinned by Mooncat. Pacific Northwest culture is quite interesting. They form lines for buses. There are also some rather cool people out here. I likes them. And their comfortable floors. Such comfortable floors.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Yung Crunk Presents B-Sides, Remixes and Outtakes: Random Banter, Vol. 214

Sheep and I are on an impromptu sleepover at another friend's house. Because this was impromptu, I am wearing said friend's Perry the Platypus t-shirt for pyjamas, am logged in on Sheep's computer (which sucks, the keyboard is so bad my ability to type witty posts is heavily undermined.)

Posts of Sheep's lovely evening makeup will follow when I get back to my proper laptop. (It involves lovely gold glitter eyeliner and very pink lipstick.)
    (As will responses, probably, I can't be bothered to figure out the formatting for replying on this arcane keyboard.)

Have also bought Sheep a copy of Good Omens at the university bookstore, and we now both have semi-matching bead bracelets. (Apparently, it's the annual street fair today and tomorrow, which I had no idea when Sheep and I walked up the street it was on while heading to the bookstore.)

We've been very impressive as young adults at aforementioned friend's house party, which we were invited to before it turned into said sleepover. Sheep beat us at Nintendo, I won Two Truths and a Lie against old people. (This was my first time playing anything Nintendo!) Tomorrow's plan involves a very early-morning viewing of Winter Soldier and [Sheep interjects: hopefully more makeup.] more of the hanging out/randomized cruelty to ovine animals.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Sheep and I are on an impromptu sleepover at another friend's house. Because this was impromptu, I am wearing said friend's Perry the Platypus t-shirt for pyjamas, am logged in on Sheep's computer (which sucks, the keyboard is so bad my ability to type witty posts is heavily undermined.)

Posts of Sheep's lovely evening makeup will follow when I get back to my proper laptop. (It involves lovely gold glitter eyeliner and very pink lipstick.)
    (As will responses, probably, I can't be bothered to figure out the formatting for replying on this arcane keyboard.)

Have also bought Sheep a copy of Good Omens at the university bookstore, and we now both have semi-matching bead bracelets. (Apparently, it's the annual street fair today and tomorrow, which I had no idea when Sheep and I walked up the street it was on while heading to the bookstore.)

We've been very impressive as young adults at aforementioned friend's house party, which we were invited to before it turned into said sleepover. Sheep beat us at Nintendo, I won Two Truths and a Lie against old people. (This was my first time playing anything Nintendo!) Tomorrow's plan involves a very early-morning viewing of Winter Soldier and [Sheep interjects: hopefully more makeup.] more of the hanging out/randomized cruelty to ovine animals.
    This is adorable. One day I've gotta meet up with my friends and have cool stories instead of just staying kooked up in my fortress, leaving it only for food and work.

Good Omens? More like Great Omens *gets killed*.

Moonie please "beat us at Nintendo" makes me feel like I'm getting stabbed in the heart. I know I deserve it but come on

4. - Top - End - #1444

NecromancerGuy

Clearly Sheep has found his people. And place in life.

Living under Moomie's bed and beating people with Nintendos. In makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Popping in to say that the tales of MutantSheep and Mooncat are adorable.

Good Omens is a great book. I approve.

ION: I'm developing my summer patterns. Some people are so lucky to be able to tan in the sun instead of freckling.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2016-05-22 at 04:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    ION: I'm developing my summer patterns. Some people are so lucky to be able to tan in the sun instead of freckling.
    HIGH FIVE!

I didn't actually start forming a lot of freckles elsewhere than my face until my 20s, and they've just been increasing year by year. I always thought my mum tanned, but alas, she just gets so many freckles that it looks like a tan instead of being one. I feel like the weirdest place where I'm getting freckles is the line between the lip and skin... like, they're half on the lip, half on my ghastly white skin...

And then I burn. Burn baby burn.

*slathers on her expensive sun lotion*

Thanks a lot mum for passing the "redhead skin" gene to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #1447

NecromancerGuy

That is an impressive amount of momfreckles. Almost intimidatingly momfreckley.

I never knew lips could freckle, though.I'm now fascinated by the idea.

What happened to make your skin ghastly instead of its usual really freaking pale, though?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. After getting my first few freckles around the lips, I've also started to pay more attention to moles... I don't want another skin cancer in the family.

Who says they're not synonyms? :P
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I post only to assure the world that yes, I have in fact not yet been sheared and skinned by Mooncat. Pacific Northwest culture is quite interesting. They form lines for buses. There are also some rather cool people out here. I likes them. And their comfortable floors. Such comfortable floors.
    They stood in lines?! I at least hope they stood 2 metres apart like normal people...

Also, my personal philosophy about floors is that if they're comfortable, something must be terribly wrong.

This suddenly explains everything.

Yes, do that.
    (Also, I hope your second parentheses are in reference to your first. )

Ooo, fun!

Two Truths and a Lie?

Also, is that the post-Vietnam War documentary, or the Captain America movie?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is adorable. One day I've gotta meet up with my friends and have cool stories instead of just staying kooked up in my fortress, leaving it only for food and work.
    Yes, yes you've got to.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    HIGH FIVE!

I didn't actually start forming a lot of freckles elsewhere than my face until my 20s, and they've just been increasing year by year. I always thought my mum tanned, but alas, she just gets so many freckles that it looks like a tan instead of being one. I feel like the weirdest place where I'm getting freckles is the line between the lip and skin... like, they're half on the lip, half on my ghastly white skin...

And then I burn. Burn baby burn.

*slathers on her expensive sun lotion*

Thanks a lot mum for passing the "redhead skin" gene to me.
    I, on the other hand, tan really quickly, and I have no idea of where I got that gene from. Dad just came back from a week in California, and he's still all white, while I got so tanned from a day outside that people started commenting upon it.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, this thread is almost to the dreaded Page 50 already.

I'd kind of like to suggest, as part of the title for the next one, "There's a Sheep Under My Bed" (Or"There's a Mutant Sheep Under my Bed") in honor of Mooncat and MutantSheep's adventures. Assuming people vote on thread titles here, that is. This is the first one I've really participated in, so don't stomp on me too hard if I just made a faux pas.

Good to hear you chaps are still having irresponsible fun. (If only there were a smiley twirling a long, pointy mustache and waggling its eyebrows up and down .)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I, on the other hand, tan really quickly, and I have no idea of where I got that gene from. Dad just came back from a week in California, and he's still all white, while I got so tanned from a day outside that people started commenting upon it.
    My tanning procedure exactly resembles that of my maternal grandfather:

1. Start out pinkish-white.
    2. Venture stupidly into the sun.
    3. 15 minutes later, turn lobster red and commence peeling. No tan develops after the burn scars have healed.
    Last edited by Bulldog Psion; 2016-05-22 at 01:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post

I'd kind of like to suggest, as part of the title for the next one, "There's a Sheep Under My Bed" (Or"There's a Mutant Sheep Under my Bed") in honor of Mooncat and MutantSheep's adventures. Assuming people vote on thread titles here, that is. This is the first one I've really participated in, so don't stomp on me too hard if I just made a faux pas.
    Usually whoever makes the thread just picks a name. Typically it's alliterative with their own name, though not always. You can make the thread yourself, if you like, and then the name is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Usually whoever makes the thread just picks a name. Typically it's alliterative with their own name, though not always. You can make the thread yourself, if you like, and then the name is up to you.
    Nah, I made the most recent Agents of SHIELD thread, so I don't want to be the one to name another thread at this point. That probably used up my "not feeling embarrassed about starting a major thread" reserves for about 5 years.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground

I want to make the next one, I want to make the next thread! *throws a childlike tantrum* I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!

Heh.

Looks like my recruitment push for my game brought in some new blood, so that made me happy. Some of the good players I've had ran out of time to play and the Real World claimed their souls...

14. - Top - End - #1454

NecromancerGuy

Yeah. After getting my first few freckles around the lips, I've also started to pay more attention to moles... I don't want another skin cancer in the family.

Who says they're not synonyms? :P
    Yeah, moles are ominous things. Once I found out what skin cancer was, it was all I could do to not carve mine off with a knife and then chicken out because I wasn't that hardcore as a 9 year old.

Well, ghasts are more grey, I thought, rather than looking like alabaster or creamy, creamy ice cream was their skin.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

So is the next thread made the moment the thread hits 50 pages, or completes 50 pages (1500 posts)?
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456

NecromancerGuy

Iirc, preferably between 1/4 and 2/3 through page 50.

But they prefer going over to page 51 over making the new thread too soon.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Barbarian in the Playground

My main C drive holds 110 GB and is full. My D drive (apparently that is a thing) holds 900 GB and is empty.

That's... weird. I've never had more than one drive before, nor drives that are so... mismatched, I guess?

I WAS told this was a "hybrid drive", but I dunno what that means in this case, or if anything is deleted from the drives upon a reboot...

(yes, my ignorance is showing... as a Savanna Scavenger, we hyenas are not terribly computer literate...)

EDIT: Had someone explain it to me. Seems like it would just be easier using one drive but the drive itself has some kind of filter or barrier for "OS files" vs "all the other stuff like movies and so on".
    Last edited by Aegis J Hyena; 2016-05-23 at 01:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1458

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    EDIT: Had someone explain it to me. Seems like it would just be easier using one drive but the drive itself has some kind of filter or barrier for "OS files" vs "all the other stuff like movies and so on".
    That...sounds like a really, really bad explanation, to be honest. Your drive is split into two partitions, is all. There is no filtering taking place, so unless you've actually *told* Windows to put your documents onto the D: drive it'll still be using your 110Gb C: partition for that, which is probably why it's full! It's possible to move that documents folder onto the D: drive to free up some space, but the method for doing so will vary depending on what version of Windows you're running.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Iirc, preferably between 1/4 and 2/3 through page 50.

But they prefer going over to page 51 over making the new thread too soon.
    It's generally considered a bit of poor taste to snipe the thread creation the moment the 49th page gets full, but if you plan on making the new thread, you should avoid letting it roll over to page 51 (unless you're physically prevented by being sleep).

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    My main C drive holds 110 GB and is full. My D drive (apparently that is a thing) holds 900 GB and is empty.

That's... weird. I've never had more than one drive before, nor drives that are so... mismatched, I guess?

I WAS told this was a "hybrid drive", but I dunno what that means in this case, or if anything is deleted from the drives upon a reboot...

(yes, my ignorance is showing... as a Savanna Scavenger, we hyenas are not terribly computer literate...)

To expand on what Factotum said, a partition is a virtual drive, out of which several can reside on your physical drive. It's kinda like sliding a cardboard sheet into a box to separate it into two chambers and then loudly proclaim that you now have two boxes.

The "C: for OS, D: for data" partition is pretty common, so it's a shame that Windows always defaults to storing everything on C:...

Also, if you don't want the second partition, you can remove it through the Control Panel and expand the C: partition to fill the void. The options are under System and Security > Administrative Tools (I may be slightly off on the names, as my computer writes it in Swedish). Just be aware that deleting a partition will delete everything you have stored on it. That said, you can shrink partitions too...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-05-23 at 04:20 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

Moonie please "beat us at Nintendo" makes me feel like I'm getting stabbed in the heart. I know I deserve it but come on
    Honestly that sounds like a fine existence. I greatly enjoyed wandering the lunacy of a truly wiberal wacky campus wif moonie, but the level of hippie. Smellie Hippie did not prepare me for what I had encountered.

I tried to correct her. I did the failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Clearly Sheep has found his people. And place in life.

Living under Moomie's bed and beating people with Nintendos. In makeup.
    However tempting this land was, I found the outlandishness quite disorienting compared to the nice, business-and serious yet friendly philosophy of my beloved homeland.

Makeup is fun. Why is this secret kept from my gender. Why are so many secrets associated with makeup care and etiquette also kept from my gender. Why was it so comfy under her bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Popping in to say that the tales of MutantSheep and Mooncat are adorable.

Good Omens is a great book. I approve.

Hear that Moons? We is still adorbs. Is science.

I look forward to reading it. I have a good 7 hours to kill before returning home. So... I may make a significant dent in it. Joseph DeMaistre is not airline material, a mild headache really hinders comprehension. (Edit: Oh my blur it's dedicated to Chesterton yesss I must read all things in these pages)

Some people just burn. Is this me making a vampire joke or just me saying I sunburn easy? You decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post

Good to hear you chaps are still having irresponsible fun. (If only there were a smiley twirling a long, pointy mustache and waggling its eyebrows up and down .)

My tanning procedure exactly resembles that of my maternal grandfather:

1. Start out pinkish-white.
    2. Venture stupidly into the sun.
    3. 15 minutes later, turn lobster red and commence peeling. No tan develops after the burn scars have healed.
    BAAAH. STOMPFEST. *Mutant Sheep uses Stomp! It hit six times!*

O the responsibility. It astounded me in its nonexistence.

Yeah, that. This exactly. Though it's more like 30 minutes. Also, a step 2 is usually overapply high strength sunscreens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    They stood in lines?! I at least hope they stood 2 metres apart like normal people...

Also, my personal philosophy about floors is that if they're comfortable, something must be terribly wrong.

This suddenly explains everything.

Yes, do that.
    (Also, I hope your second parentheses are in reference to your first. )

Two Truths and a Lie?

Also, is that the post-Vietnam War documentary, or the Captain America movie?

Yes, yes you've got to.

I mean, I sure didn't. I'm not sure if the glares were due to some faux pass or because my makeup just made me too beautiful to avert gazes.

I can make most floors comfy as long as they are not marble or some cruel stone.

Now friends are friends! Me good at friend make friend making.

I hope she does, I don't have the pictures on my own person. They all reside with her, all the oh so vulnerable evidence of my existence.

You give three statements about yourself, two of them true, one of them untrue. The other players all attempt to guess which statement was the untruth, or lie. Picking outlandish truths and a lie that fits in with them is a honable skill. It is a fun game.

I think Moonie liked it. Captain Awesome Merica Awesome Man is awesome.

I know the theme song. This is the total sum of my knowledge of my kin known as Shaun.

Hehe. Brown bears.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2016-05-23 at 05:37 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Makeup is fun. Why is this secret kept from my gender. Why are so many secrets associated with makeup care and etiquette also kept from my gender. Why was it so comfy under her bed.
    Those gender norms really do keep us from fun things like that! And that's, of course, the least of bad things they do for humanity.
    This avatar by Phase.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's pointless to argue, nod get treat.
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

If "++" means Fusion Dance, and "+++" means Potara Fusion, I want to see fanart of [(Kaioken x10 SSB Goku) +++ (SS4 Vegeta)] ++ (LegendarySS3 Broly)

I'm well aware that there are three different, mutually exclusive, continuities involved. I don't care, because it still sounds awesome. Like I said, fanart.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

I love eggs.

I mean. That eggwhite. That yolk. Mmm. Boil those eggs. Aww yeah. That texture. I need this egg. It's so delicious. I don't care that it's the fourth one in a row. I love you egg.

*whispers*

I love you, egg
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #1465

I love eggs.

I mean. That eggwhite. That yolk. Mmm. Boil those eggs. Aww yeah. That texture. I need this egg. It's so delicious. I don't care that it's the fourth one in a row. I love you egg.

*whispers*

I love you, egg
    I prefer hardboiled myself, with nice sauce, some ham and a biscuit underneath. Hard yolk, of course.

Do enjoy your egg though

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

I like my eggs Asmodeused King Yemma'd deviled.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-05-24 at 04:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Poached, on toast, with potatoes. Or scrambled or an omelette. Or medium-boiled. Though now that I've heard of "boiled egg with soldiers" I'm vaguely interested in trying it.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Poached, on toast, with potatoes. Or scrambled or an omelette. Or medium-boiled. Though now that I've heard of "boiled egg with soldiers" I'm vaguely interested in trying it.
    It's pretty nice. It's a softboiled egg with strips of toast (the 'soldiers'), that you then dip in the yolk. I mean, not the most exciting thing ever, but pleasant enough.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Eggs are best when the yolk is nearly hard, but there's still a bit of softness left.

Never had a poached egg... it's not really a thing here in Finland. I wonder why I didn't take the chance back in Scotland, because it seemed to be a lot more common in yon island.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Eggs are best when the yolk is nearly hard, but there's still a bit of softness left.

Never had a poached egg... it's not really a thing here in Finland. I wonder why I didn't take the chance back in Scotland, because it seemed to be a lot more common in yon island.
    Not difficult to make. Heat water to boiling. Crack an egg in. Cook until the white is all solid. Remove with slotted spoon, let it drip a little, plop onto buttered toast. I've been told that it helps to add a bit of white vinegar to the water - not sure if that's for flavor or to help it stay together somehow.
    My Homebrew