New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Fear Mythos invades DnD (Done, save for a few patrons) PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Holya View Post
    Making it where Apex predator is a +8 and a +6 to physical and mental would work. As it is locks you entirely into it. It also locks you out of secret vendor. So I would bump it to a +8 to all physical stats and a +6 to all mental. Untyped so it naturally stacks with everything else.
    Alright, Will do.

Well in a city with a sewer you could always just ink the water.. Then let your DM try and figure out how to explain a bunch of homeless trying to drown themselves in 'sewage' water to get their fix.
    That's amazing, I'll gladly just do that if I ever get to use this

Ah but you see stealing memories would be like a few spells already in D&D there is one that lets you make a map out of the flesh of something you killed that shows where everything it considered important is. Another that lets you eat a chunk of brain and get some knowledge. Being able to OD people and then know the passwords or other stuff? The memory thief aspect would be something that gives the DM a nice ability to throw hooks out for plots and such without having to railroad you into them because now your character knows and he can either keep it to himself or tell the party and they can discuss if its worth doing.
    Hmm, good point.

I like how you redid Attract. I just dislike competency bonuses since they don't stack with each other.. Maybe make it untyped? Though you normally only see Competency bonuses if your using tools or a bard is throwing inspire around.. Wait are tools compentency or untyped? No.. Ignore me I'm getting off topic. Attract is good as it is.
    Will ignore you

Take all the notes and run with them. I mean I'm here to help and throw out possible ideas. Might not be good ideas but.. Meh. Still at level twelve you have more then a few save or die spells and they are more usable then kill. Since they are on a spell slot system. So the bonus effects from this kill or suck save is fine.
    True, I'll still modify it a bit and bring it down a little.

I will throw my two cents into the ring again about razor wires. I think you should make it a even six.. But cap it to a max of two tentacle attacks. It doesn't make sense for a puppet master to be smacking people with tentacles. I would imagine two are a bit thicker then the rest but the other four are fine and allow for manipulation of objects. Possibly even lock picking or the such. I mean you are a being who sees all the world as your stage. You don't fight yourself. So having two of the tentacles being the only ones capable of proper smacking makes sense. The other four would be for doing other stuff.. Like grabbing stuff for you or opening doors. Or picking a lock from a distance away. Subtle fine manipulations. Nothing insane like throwing a cart at someone. You aren't strengthed base. You are the manipulator. The plotter. The puppet master.
    True, maybe I'll bump it up to 6 tentacles. Very good points here, and I'll certainly consider them.

Hmm Spoiled brat now has a clause it only effects humanoids? Perhaps it should be sentient creatures? Or racial specific unless you took ken/barbie? Since currently it just halves all prices. But with the suggestion from before you would have items that are cheaper yes but at later levels it wouldn't be half priced since some items get really bloody expensive. Also instead of it just being a flat mind effect why not make it a will save? See how heartless a bastard a merchant is by allow them a will save to tell a 'kid' who is crying in their shop to go shove it.
    True, the reason I didn't implement it earlier is that I was dead tired. I'm planning on putting in the earlier ideas.

Slender sickness is never going to happen if you strictly keep it to enemies. Unless you are captured or somehow are just squatting in their camp watching them? The four hours clause is going to make it never pop. Perhaps make it a all or nothing ability. Anyone within your aura for over four hours have to begin making the saves every minute. Possibly make it something that you can suppress as a move action so you can decide when you want to unleash the terror. That or up the range of it to 20ft/level. That way it caps out at two hundred feet in every direction from you.
    Hmm, that makes more sense, but it's also not meant to be a battle ability. I'll definitely tinker with it using some of these ideas.

Going to be honest. Dislike the 1/4th thing. It doesn't end up with a whole number which brings up the argument of round up or down? Because if you go by what 10/4 is it comes out to 2.5. So would you say it caps at 25 feet around the door? Or do you round down and its just twenty? Or do you round up and its thirty now?
    I should have made that more clear. It's 25 feet at 10th level.

[QUOTE=Holya;22612314]1d4 none lethal and 1d4 crushing? Isn't crushing lethal? So are we banking on them passing out from the lethal dropping them low enough for the none lethal to make them go out like a light and then they just.. Slowly die from crushing?

I did that wrong, technically it should have been pressure damage due to the people who pop like grapes in a pressure cooker when they're tossed into the Path. I can't remember why I put nonlethal in there.

The wisdom damage should probably have its own will save. That or maybe make the wisdom damage once every other round since they only have 1d6 rounds to get out. You roll low on that and anyone you trapped in there is dead.
    Yeah good point there

Because I'm going to assume since there is no clause this is treated as a deities domain which means people with plane shift and other spells can't get out they need a Slender proxy or other proxy since reads like another Proxy who can open the exit.
    I should have clarified that. Only a Slender Proxy with this ability can open the exit. Other proxies just don't have to deal with the insane environmental dangers of the Path.

That and this is a early level solution to travel for you.. Probably not your party since they most likely won't also be proxies.
    Another part for the Solo Antagonist role.

The travel solutions come online before you can even use your dimensional door from this Proxy also since wizard gets it two levels before you do.. So I think its balanced besides some detail work like can people escape without the rift? Or are they completely and utterly ****ed once the rift closes?
    True, and no, they're totally trapped in there once the rift closes. And since that's the Slenderman's personal realm...

Also is there a distance limit on how far one can travel while inside this path or is it literally to anywhere you are familiar with? That and what is the actual max range of the tear in space you make for sucking stuff in?
    I was debating on what it should be, honestly. I'm tempted to make it 50 feet/ Proxy level with additional locales as decided by the patron, but I'd like to hear other ideas. 25 feet for the rift.

[QUOTE=Holya;22612314]Again please make the tentacles gained a even number.. Please.

Probably will.

I'm good with Aberrant physique since there are ways to become completely immune to Crits and precision damage.. This you actually have to either get the armor or you have some racial or class ability that gives you fort as well. Since this caps out at 50%
    Alright cool.

Hmmm Affinity Facade.. This makes me wonder how this would interact with the master of masks prestige class. Over all? I think its fine. I mean you will forever be wearing that mask once you got it.. Which hmm.. Does this take up the face slot? If so you might want to boost it just a tiny bit since your looking your eye slots and one or two other slots depending on your DM which means you are losing out on potentially three magic items.
    True, I'm tempted to make it have a low-level fear effect that causes enemies to be shaken that stacks with other fear effects.

I
    see nothing to change with Observer's blessing. Vision modes are easy to obtain enough and the Warlock has a see invisibility ability that lasts 24 hours so basically constant at level 5? If I'm remembering right. So really by the time you get this its a god send because your probably dealing with invisible **** already. And the extra modes of sight just mean that if something without dark stalker is trying to hunt you.. Its going to have all kinds of fun trying to get up on you. Because really dark stalker shuts down the majority of this. And then a single magic ring makes them invisible to your dark vision specifically. So no real reason to nerf Observers blessing at all. Possibly make it a little stronger or lower the required level.
    I forgot about darkstalker. I'm going to add in a line that says that this bypasses darkstalker.

Operator's curse is worded strangely. You say you can only have a instance of this ability running but then go to add numbers of copies equal to proxy level. Which conflicts with the first ruling you added.
    Each instance of the ability created that number of copies, nothing is conflicted.

Overall its a supped up mirror image. Or a mirror image casted by a shadow weaver or shadow mage I believe. The ****s who can make a illusion just constantly recast itself without them doing anything. So yeah its balanced just need clearer wording there darling. Also since they aren't illusions..
    Alright cool.

and are made up of strange matter do they have weight? Please say they have weight/mass. Since if they do you could use them to scout ahead for traps.. Or to really screw with people by having them walk into one. And then turn around to be facing another one. After all since they are unable to attack. The best thing they can be used for is distractions or making people paranoid as all ****.
    I should have noted that, but yes, they do have weight. They weigh as much as you do.

Overseer's talent. I.. Personally have never seen any scrying used.. Ever.. In any game I've ever been apart of. So I can't tell you if thats highly unbalanced or if its good. Personally? Its none magical. But its still scrying. So it would be blocked by lead and other spells meant to hide you right? I mean the biggest threat of this is scrying and then teleporting there. Or be watching someone and learn stuff.. Its a information gathering tool but without other tools its harmless.
    Yes, it is blocked by anything that would block scrying. And yeah, it's a useful tool for info gathering and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

The fact that operator's curse images have weight makes it infinitely more useful. So yeah with the knowledge they have weight I'm completely sold on the ability.

Bypassing darkstalker could be really powerful since it outright means nothing can ever sneak up on you unless they devote a good chunk of magic and equipment to do so. Flight would cover tremor sense. a few spells would get rid of scent and the ability to see you with dark vision. But I can't think of anything that bypasses blind sight besides Darkstalker which means you will never be flanked or surprised. If you wanted to just make it where you don't have to specifically say dark stalker doesn't stop you. You could switch out the blind sight for life sight or telepathy. Telepathy of 60ft opens up the feat mindsight. I mean their are vision and sense modes that dark stalker doesn't stop.

So Affinity facade would become something akin to a low hd dragon's fear aura? Would it be a scaling fear aura up to your max proxy level? I mean Slender's entire thing is impending doom and paranoia isn't it? So wouldn't it make sense to have it scaling? And also like you said let it stack with other fear effects?

Hmm for the path? I mean hmm.. Dimension door is 400 ft +40/level. The wizard has it twice a day not counting bonus spells. By the time you can do it once a day. Yes you eventually overtake the wizard in being able to do it at will. But hmm. Maybe boost it to 500ft +50/level. But beyond that I don't think you really need to play with the base spell anymore beyond that. Since dimension door literally lets you pinpoint exactly where you want to go and if its not possible it puts you as close as possible while making sure you aren't in harm when you come out.

Alright so its 1d4 crushing damage every round they are in there. Till they basically pop like over ripe grapes. Its not insanely lethal but its a good way to separate a encounter by grabbing someone. Doing this so they get sucked in. And then dragging them out almost a mile or more away from their friends. Also so only Slender proxys can enter and exit this place. It makes a really good prison realm for creatures with regeneration or other proxies then. Since they won't die and I will assume since it is technically a forest there are.. Something besides Slender living there.. Animals or some sort so you could have proxies survive there. But yeah the total trapping since its a Deities realm. Perhaps its a way for Slender proxies to.. Encourage people to become proxies to Slender since its either convert or die.

I wasn't trying t turn the sickness into a combat ability but the main thing that would see the effects of it would be animals unless your staying in a city and then its a muddy mess keeping track of just who has been in the aura for four hours continuously. I mean perhaps let your copies also project the sickness? Or have it where overlapping fields of the sickness cut down on the time. Maybe make it something Slender can plant like a rune or something that just makes a zone that slowly sickens and maddens people. I totally agree it shouldn't be a combat ability but it needs some way to stay stationary and keep effecting a specific area or its area has to be utterly massive but increase the time it takes. Which makes me thing of a rune or something that the Slender proxy can make. Like a shrine or something. I mean we already have abilities that give knowledge on how to make something. So would it be a large stretch to have a knowledge that allows someone to make a Shrine of the Darkened path? Something that radiates and taints a area with unease and the slender sickness?

Also about spoiled child or well homebrew in general. Take your time darling and rest. No reason to burn yourself out or leave yourself exhausted on our parts. Perfection takes time and you have to give it. So take your time, rest, and make sure your taking care of yourself darling.

3. - Top - End - #33

The fact that operator's curse images have weight makes it infinitely more useful. So yeah with the knowledge they have weight I'm completely sold on the ability.
    Sweet!

Bypassing darkstalker could be really powerful since it outright means nothing can ever sneak up on you unless they devote a good chunk of magic and equipment to do so. Flight would cover tremor sense. a few spells would get rid of scent and the ability to see you with dark vision. But I can't think of anything that bypasses blind sight besides Darkstalker which means you will never be flanked or surprised. If you wanted to just make it where you don't have to specifically say dark stalker doesn't stop you. You could switch out the blind sight for life sight or telepathy. Telepathy of 60ft opens up the feat mindsight. I mean their are vision and sense modes that dark stalker doesn't stop.
    I think I'll just give them telepathy.

So Affinity facade would become something akin to a low hd dragon's fear aura? Would it be a scaling fear aura up to your max proxy level? I mean Slender's entire thing is impending doom and paranoia isn't it? So wouldn't it make sense to have it scaling? And also like you said let it stack with other fear effects?
    I'd make it scaling, yes.

Hmm for the path? I mean hmm.. Dimension door is 400 ft +40/level. The wizard has it twice a day not counting bonus spells. By the time you can do it once a day. Yes you eventually overtake the wizard in being able to do it at will. But hmm. Maybe boost it to 500ft +50/level. But beyond that I don't think you really need to play with the base spell anymore beyond that. Since dimension door literally lets you pinpoint exactly where you want to go and if its not possible it puts you as close as possible while making sure you aren't in harm when you come out.
    Makes sense, plus since you're putting an entire class feature into it, you should get some mileage out of it.

Alright so its 1d4 crushing damage every round they are in there. Till they basically pop like over ripe grapes. Its not insanely lethal but its a good way to separate a encounter by grabbing someone. Doing this so they get sucked in. And then dragging them out almost a mile or more away from their friends. Also so only Slender proxys can enter and exit this place. It makes a really good prison realm for creatures with regeneration or other proxies then. Since they won't die and I will assume since it is technically a forest there are.. Something besides Slender living there.. Animals or some sort so you could have proxies survive there. But yeah the total trapping since its a Deities realm. Perhaps its a way for Slender proxies to.. Encourage people to become proxies to Slender since its either convert or die.
    Again, another good point for the Solo Antagonist role. And there's a funny thing about the Path. It's devoid of life. It's a single, pure white branching path that winds through an immense realm of twisted, blackened trees with black leaves that are constantly falling and grey grass. Nothing lives there besides Slenderman.

I wasn't trying t turn the sickness into a combat ability but the main thing that would see the effects of it would be animals unless your staying in a city and then its a muddy mess keeping track of just who has been in the aura for four hours continuously.
    Gotcha, I misunderstood your intentions.

I mean perhaps let your copies also project the sickness? Or have it where overlapping fields of the sickness cut down on the time.
    I think I'll let it be that the copies can project it too.

Maybe make it something Slender can plant like a rune or something that just makes a zone that slowly sickens and maddens people. I totally agree it shouldn't be a combat ability but it needs some way to stay stationary and keep effecting a specific area or its area has to be utterly massive but increase the time it takes. Which makes me thing of a rune or something that the Slender proxy can make. Like a shrine or something. I mean we already have abilities that give knowledge on how to make something. So would it be a large stretch to have a knowledge that allows someone to make a Shrine of the Darkened path? Something that radiates and taints a area with unease and the slender sickness?
    Very good point, I'll make a note that you may choose to construct a small altar that contains the symbol of your patron on it to project the sickness.

Spoiler: Well, what do you know...
    Show
    Hmm, Where have I seen that before...

Also about spoiled child or well homebrew in general. Take your time darling and rest. No reason to burn yourself out or leave yourself exhausted on our parts. Perfection takes time and you have to give it. So take your time, rest, and make sure your taking care of yourself darling.
    I know that. I really only work on it in spare time I have. I make sure to do other things to lighten the load.

Also, The Convocation is up.
    Last edited by Aniikinis; 2017-11-29 at 11:08 AM.
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

4. - Top - End - #34

Beholder

Telepathy is always fun. You whisper into things minds and.. Holy **** Telepathy is Slender in a communication mode. I just realized that since it would let him whisper into your head and your head alone in a crowd. Making you seem insane and more.

Scaling is always a nice way to justify things. I mean it also gives a sense of accomplishment because you managed to survive long enough for that weak aura to be something that could terrify a beholder or other creature examples.

Well there are leaves..I would attempt to eat them but. I believe you should try eatting everything once. No matter how stupid of a idea it is. Character depending of course. But since its completely devoid of life besides black twisted trees, grey grass, and leaves? Yeah most things would starve there or just be crushed. But over all with the tweaks we gave the Path is lookin good.

Yeah I was just trying to make the ability easier for the player to use and easier for the DM to track. Though it would be amusing if you could bluff people into thinking Slender's symbol is a symbol of protection and you get to put it on the door of every house or on the wall of the city every five feet or so. Since I'm going to assume the Shrine will just be the symbol? Or should we do it like a Binder's vistage and have it be something you need to carve or use something special to do?

I will be honest the Convocation seems kinda.. Lack luster? Boring? I don't know a good term to describe it.

They hunger seems like its just fear immunity with the attack damage and hit bonus tacked on. Maybe change it to something that interacts with birds of prey? Over all it just seems like a number up and immunity. I mean you could even make it a mind effecting skill that for those who get hit by your natural attacks or the attacks of your swarm they must make a will save or go into a ghoul like hunger and just start to rip into a corpse or beat something until its dead.

Electrical storm is in this weird place where I want to like it. But currently its lacking details which would let me like it. Does it use the casting time of the normal ability? Or is it a SU? Does it use the normal range of two miles and duration of 4d12 hours? Or are you using the clause of if your a druid so it effects a three mile circle and has double the duration? Can it make sever thunderstorms in any location or can it not go against natural weather patterns like the base spell? Does it take the ten minute warm up time for the thunderstorm to actually start? Since the spell has the change as gradual?

Wings of the Thunder bird. You gain a movement speed equal to your land speed. Whats the maneuverability? I'm fine with the damage since you have two wings and if you are treating natural attacks like they should you can smack with both wings. When I say you I mean the DM who is running the setting you get this in.

Affinity open sky is something that everyone who wants to actually use electrical storm will have to take. Mainly because flying in sever winds would wreck you. Actually now that I go and look at the spell.. It only protects you from heat or cold. No other environmental hazards.. So hmm maybe its always been a homerule that endure elements helps you with wind and other crap as well?

Let slip the birds of war should ignore any DR you have. That or just have it be a flat ten damage to yourself. Since you have it as a full round action. Which means thats all you do that turn. So I'm seeing it in my head as the character specifically splitting their flesh and ensuring they take exactly 10 slashing damage. Maybe make it where you can have 1 swarm every 2 levels. Since currently the swarms have no time limit and with a wand of vigor you could just amass a murder of crows between combat and blot out the sun with them. After all they don't disappear like Stream does when you heal the damage because they aren't connected to your body anymore.

So cry havoc is a charger's best friend? Anything with charge could make a good use of this damage. Dive attack would.. Probably also pop it? Or is Cry havoc its own attack which does not benefit from feats and such?

Maybe make thunderclap sheirk be where you do 2d4 sonic damage to each creature you pass on your charge and a extra 1d6 or something to the target of the charge? You could also make it where you don't provoke for charging past somebody.

I see nothing you need to edit with Claws of Nature.

Gale force relies on Electrical storm. I don't know how devastating a tornado that you can't control would be. So I think that is situational power. Over all it looks good. I mean its a tornado.

Though you have three level seven or higher abilities with the Convocation. It also does electrical damage but.. I don't see anything that really makes it resistant to electrical damage itself. I mean its being based off a thunder bird right? I ask because I honestly have no idea what or who the Convocation is besides a birdman.

5. - Top - End - #35

Telepathy is always fun. You whisper into things minds and.. Holy **** Telepathy is Slender in a communication mode. I just realized that since it would let him whisper into your head and your head alone in a crowd. Making you seem insane and more.
    True, not quite sure why it didn't occur to me.

Scaling is always a nice way to justify things. I mean it also gives a sense of accomplishment because you managed to survive long enough for that weak aura to be something that could terrify a beholder or other creature examples.
    Yup!

Well there are leaves..I would attempt to eat them but. I believe you should try eating everything once. No matter how stupid of a idea it is. Character depending of course. But since its completely devoid of life besides black twisted trees, grey grass, and leaves? Yeah most things would starve there or just be crushed. But over all with the tweaks we gave the Path is lookin good.
    I never eat anything unless I know that it won't harm me. Too many bad memories over the years. Although that's also how I got my iron stomach...

Yeah I was just trying to make the ability easier for the player to use and easier for the DM to track. Though it would be amusing if you could bluff people into thinking Slender's symbol is a symbol of protection and you get to put it on the door of every house or on the wall of the city every five feet or so. Since I'm going to assume the Shrine will just be the symbol? Or should we do it like a Binder's vistage and have it be something you need to carve or use something special to do?
    True, and I'd love to do that as a character. I'm very tempted to make it like the Binder's vistage, yeah.

I will be honest the Convocation seems kinda.. Lackluster? Boring? I don't know a good term to describe it.
    Neutral and uncentered? I'll be honest, I wasn't very sure where I wanted to go with them. Hive-minded crows that control and are controlled by lightning and have the ability to become entire clouds and thunderheads. There are a few ways to go with it and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Wait, I forgot about The Bleak Shore. Crap...

They hunger seems like its just fear immunity with the attack damage and hit bonus tacked on. Maybe change it to something that interacts with birds of prey? Over all it just seems like a number up and immunity. I mean you could even make it a mind effecting skill that for those who get hit by your natural attacks or the attacks of your swarm they must make a will save or go into a ghoul like hunger and just start to rip into a corpse or beat something until its dead.
    I'm tempted to do this, but I'm not sure it would fit thematically... Maybe give a bonus to damage whenever you strike an enemy and then a vampiric effect that lets you regenerate hp with each hit?

Electrical storm is in this weird place where I want to like it. But currently it's lacking details which would let me like it.
    Alright, I wasn't sure if it was good enough. It's a 7th level spell once per day, but severely limited...

Does it use the casting time of the normal ability? Or is it a SU?
    Normal casting time, I need to point that out.

Does it use the normal range of two miles and duration of 4d12 hours? Or are you using the clause of if you're a druid so it effects a three mile circle and has double the duration?
    I was debating whether or not to use the Druid clause or not, but I'm still very tempted to put that in.

Can it make sever thunderstorms in any location or can it not go against natural weather patterns like the base spell?
    I was going to make it override any weather patterns but I decided it cannot go against the natural weather patterns to make it OP. I'm tempted to make it cause a severe storm that works with the weather patterns with the added clause of also causing the storm to create lightning as though it were a thunderstorm.

Does it take the ten minute warm up time for the thunderstorm to actually start? Since the spell has the change as gradual?
    Yes.

Wings of the Thunder bird. You gain a movement speed equal to your land speed. Whats the maneuverability? I'm fine with the damage since you have two wings and if you are treating natural attacks like they should you can smack with both wings. When I say you I mean the DM who is running the setting you get this in.
    I knew I was forgetting something with that ability.

Affinity open sky is something that everyone who wants to actually use electrical storm will have to take. Mainly because flying in sever winds would wreck you. Actually now that I go and look at the spell.. It only protects you from heat or cold. No other environmental hazards.. So hmm maybe its always been a homerule that endure elements helps you with wind and other crap as well?
    Yeah, that's only been a house rule. I'm tempted to give them the ability to ignore weather and wind effects.

Let slip the birds of war should ignore any DR you have. That or just have it be a flat ten damage to yourself. Since you have it as a full round action. Which means thats all you do that turn. So I'm seeing it in my head as the character specifically splitting their flesh and ensuring they take exactly 10 slashing damage. Maybe make it where you can have 1 swarm every 2 levels. Since currently the swarms have no time limit and with a wand of vigor you could just amass a murder of crows between combat and blot out the sun with them. After all they don't disappear like Stream does when you heal the damage because they aren't connected to your body anymore.
    I forgot to put in a time limit for the flock... A number of rounds equal to your character level is what the timer should be. And I'm very tempted to make it bypass DR. And yeah, 1/2 PLevels sounds good. Maybe I should add in a bonus to either Thunderclap Shriek or Gale Force that removes or modifies the cap...

So cry havoc is a charger's best friend? Anything with charge could make a good use of this damage. Dive attack would.. Probably also pop it? Or is Cry havoc its own attack which does not benefit from feats and such?
    It should work as a normal charge and Dive attack would activate it as well, I should put in some info about that.

Maybe make thunderclap sheirk be where you do 2d4 sonic damage to each creature you pass on your charge and a extra 1d6 or something to the target of the charge? You could also make it where you don't provoke for charging past somebody.
    I wasn't sure what to do with this one, so this sounds good to me. I'll also probably put something else in too.

I see nothing you need to edit with Claws of Nature.
    Glad to see I can't screw up Natural Weapon Notation more than three times.

Gale force relies on Electrical storm. I don't know how devastating a tornado that you can't control would be. So I think that is situational power. Over all it looks good. I mean its a tornado.
    Quote Originally Posted by d20srd
    Tornado (CR 10)
    All flames are extinguished. All ranged attacks are impossible (even with siege weapons), as are Listen checks. Instead of being blown away (see Table: Wind Effects), characters in close proximity to a tornado who fail their Fortitude saves are sucked toward the tornado. Those who come in contact with the actual funnel cloud are picked up and whirled around for 1d10 rounds, taking 6d6 points of damage per round, before being violently expelled (falling damage may apply). While a tornado’s rotational speed can be as great as 300 mph, the funnel itself moves forward at an average of 30 mph (roughly 250 feet per round). A tornado uproots trees, destroys buildings, and causes other similar forms of major destruction.
    Maybe have it so that you can point it in a direction then not be able to direct it further?

Though you have three level seven or higher abilities with the Convocation. It also does electrical damage but.. I don't see anything that really makes it resistant to electrical damage itself. I mean its being based off a thunder bird right? I ask because I honestly have no idea what or who the Convocation is besides a birdman.
    I can't believe I forgot to make them immune or resistant to electricity... I'll update their power to give them electricity resistance 5*Proxy level, gaining immunity at level 10.

Spoiler: Convocation Basics
    Show
    The Convocation is the first portrayal of the Fear of Nature, representing the fear of heights and being taken away. It is an eldritch mass of birds capable of performing many seemingly impossible feats, including the ability to literally nest inside of its victims bodies. Convocation flocks are also frequently described generating lightning in the air, hence why they are sometimes called "Spirits of the Storm." Crocodile Tears of Shaped Like Itself theorized that it was the lightning itself that was taking over the birds, turning them into a hive mind.

Mysterious giant birds have also been sighted during large gatherings and are speculated to be the inspiration for legendary birds of prey such as the Thunderbirds and the Roc.

Their domain is the Bleak Shore. A realm that appears to be an endless beach of black sand, with an eternal storm raging in its skies. It is sometimes used by Nests as a mode of transport.

“The maid waded to the edge where her cloak was and pulled a knife from the folds. Before my terrifide eyes, she traced the blade along her skin, cutting a smooth line across her left brest. The cut widened on it's own and I could only watch in horrifide silence as a bird climbed out and flew into the sky.”
    The Witch of Gatlinburg

“our talons can tear through bone. our beaks can wear down mountains. our wings can cover the skies”
    "The Scarecrow"

“WE ARE THE ROC. WE ARE THE THUNDERBIRD. WE ARE THE ZIZ, THE TURUL AND THE YATAGARASU. WE ARE THE ONES WHO PLUCKED THE EYE OF ODIN WHEN HE HAD DIED THE FIRST TIME, AND WE ARE THE ONES WHO DEVOURED HIS CARCASS WHEN HE HAD DIED THE SECOND. WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE, AND WHEN THE LAST MAN WILL BE GONE, WE WILL CLOSE OUR WINGS OVER THE EARTH AND SING IT TO SLEEP.”
    Convention of the 24

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

6. - Top - End - #36

Beholder

Well with the new information about the Convocation.. It sounds like its the fear of death/fear of nature. Crows/black birds are normally scavengers. So hmm.. The domain is a beach front with a eternal storm raging. Well we have examples of black sand in D&D.. Its normally necrotic sand. So you could make this class all about 'corrupted/lethal weather'. I mean think about it black lightning? Rain that does necrotic damage. It would be the base terror that weather invoked in man kind. That infinite potential for it to just kill you. Either by direct influence from it actually hitting you with lightning or a tornado or indirect with crops dying and blights. I mean currently even with the ideas I've thrown at improving whats already there it still seems really.. Unfocused. I mean if you focus on the storm side of it you could look at spheres of power and the weather controlling sphere for ideas maybe? But if you go with the core idea of the innate terror nature can cause. It would seem like it should have necrotic effects along side it. Since it would be a fear of death and how easil nature can bring that death. Also since druids will more often then not be the class that goes into this. It would make sense to let them focus on the more.. deadly aspects of nature or the necrotic side of nature.

7. - Top - End - #37

[QUOTE=Holya;22626025]Well with the new information about the Convocation.. It sounds like its the fear of death/fear of nature. Crows/black birds are normally scavengers.

They're the Fear of Heights, Nature, and Being Taken Away. I'm debating on whether or not to give them an ability that grants a bonus to grapple checks, probably an addition to Claws.

So hmm.. The domain is a beach front with a eternal storm raging. Well we have examples of black sand in D&D.. Its normally necrotic sand. So you could make this class all about 'corrupted/lethal weather'. I mean think about it black lightning? Rain that does necrotic damage. It would be the base terror that weather invoked in man kind. That infinite potential for it to just kill you. Either by direct influence from it actually hitting you with lightning or a tornado or indirect with crops dying and blights.
    I'll mess with the storm chain of abilities to make them better suited to it, possibly a fear effect that stacks...

I mean currently even with the ideas I've thrown at improving whats already there it still seems really.. Unfocused. I mean if you focus on the storm side of it you could look at spheres of power and the weather controlling sphere for ideas maybe? But if you go with the core idea of the innate terror nature can cause. It would seem like it should have necrotic effects along side it. Since it would be a fear of death and how easily nature can bring that death. Also since druids will more often then not be the class that goes into this. It would make sense to let them focus on the more.. deadly aspects of nature or the necrotic side of nature.
    I'll adjust them towards the Murder of Crows, Horrific Weather, Generic, and Terrifying Heights ways. There are 9 abilities, I'll make 3 of them generic (flight, claws, and Affinity) and chain the others into paths of 2 (They Hunger//Let Slip The Birds Of War, Electrical Storm//Gale Force, Cry Havoc//Thunderclap Shriek). Although I think I'm going to modify and switch They Hunger and Cry Havoc.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a really fun class, I am enjoying the unique abilities immensely. I have no constructive additions I just want you to know I'm following this thread with bated breath.

9. - Top - End - #39

Beholder

Well I will wait for you to update stuff so I can continue to assist you with this project.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Allnightmask View Post
    This is a really fun class, I am enjoying the unique abilities immensely. I have no constructive additions I just want you to know I'm following this thread with bated breath.
    Danke Schoene!

Well I will wait for you to update stuff so I can continue to assist you with this project.
    Everything is updated, I'm moving the Not Done patrons to a new post because the OP is getting too long and I didn't think about how much space I would need.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler: Patrons Available
    Show

Name: Zalgo
    Skill: Knowledge (the planes)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Proxy name: Corrupted One
    Weapon and armour: all natural weapons and daggers
    Proxy powers:
    • 1st: Blindness/Deafness (Blindness Only)
    • 2nd: Shadow Binding
    • 3rd: Confusion
    • 4th: Creeping Darkness
    • 5th:Insanity

Patron power: You are always under the effects of a nonmagical Tongues effect. Additionally, all natural weapons gain a bonus to damage equal to your proxy level.
    Patron Abilities:
    • Gibber: You gain the Gibbering Mouther's Gibber ability. You can choose whether or not this ability effects allies.
    • He Comes: You may use the Summon Monster line of spells at will, though you cannot use them for item crafting or to meet prerequisites. You have a number of uses equal to your proxy level per day, and each spell requires a number of uses equal to the level of the spell. Ex. Summon Monster 1 would cost 1 use, Summon Monster 5 would cost 5 uses, etc.
    • Candle Whose Light is Shadow: You cannot be blinded and can continue to perceive the world even if all of your sensory organs are removed. You also gain blindsight equal to 10 ft. per proxy level, can see normally in darkness and fog, and are unaffected by effects that would obscure(but not block) your vision.
    • Blood of Ahm Daegar: All classes that do not have or advance a substsyem gain the Whatever-casting class feature at the same rate as the Proxy class. However, you take a penalty equal to your proxy class level on all actions you take using that class's class features.
    • Holding a Dead Star: Every 1d4+1 rounds, the proxy can summon the non-existence of its patron's home universe. As a full-round action, a gaping smoking hole of nothing opens up in the skies, stealing light, sound, and all sensation save one own's sensation of pain. On a failed save, all creatures in a 40 ft. radius burst take 1d6/proxy level damage and are sucked towards the center of the effect. The creatures are wracked with pain, resulting in a −1 penalty to attack rolls, ability checks, and ability scores for the next 10 minutes. On a successful save, creatures take half damage, are not moved, and only take the penalty from pain for 1 round. It is a Fortitude save DC 10+1/2 Proxy level+Cha partial.
    • Six Mouths: You gain 6 natural bite attacks that deal 1d4 damage for a medium creature. While you are within an area of darkness you may attack anything within the area covered by the darkness with these bite attacks.
    • Tortured Glass: You may create Tortured Glass with a Craft(Glassmaking) check of 15 and double the normal amount of materials for the same amount of normal glass. Tortured Glass functions the same as normal glass, though it has a very slight amber tint, feels like it's constantly shifting under your fingers (due to higher dimensional construction), has a hardness of 40, and 1000 hp. Any creature that makes a melee attack against the glass must make a Reflex check (DC+1/4 damage dealt) or be struck by splinters of the glass which deal the same Epic Piercing damage equal to the damage dealt by the melee attack whether or not the damage overcame the item's hardness.
    • Armour Carved From the Suffering of Mothers:When unarmoured, you gain a defliection bonus to AC and DR/Piercing equal to your proxy level or your charisma modifier, whichever is higher.
    • Sing the Song That Ends the Earth: You gain the ability to sing through your gifted mouths. Once per round as a standard action, you may choose to sing from one of your six gifted mouths. If you do, all enemies within 10 ft. must make a Will save with a DC of 10+Proxy level+Cha or take 1 damage and by marked. It is a free action to keep singing from this mouth, though you lose the bite attack from it. On the following round and subsequent rounds, you may open an additional mouth which increases the radius by 10 ft., causes the same effect, and doubles the damage taken. Once all 6 mouths are open, on the next turn you may, as a full-round action, begin singing from your original mouth. All marked creatures must make a Fort save with a DC of 15+Proxy level +Cha or immediately turn to dust as by Disintegrate. This is not a death effect. You must be proxy level 7 or higher and have selected Six Mouths to select this.

Name: The Beast
    Skill: Intimidate
    Proxy name: The Raging
    Weapon and armour: all simple and martial weapons, heavy armour
    Proxy powers:
    • 1st: True strike
    • 2nd: Dimensional Anchor
    • 3rd: Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser
    • 4th: Spell Turning
    • 5th: Dimensional Lock

Patron power: You gain Improved Unarmed Strike if you did not already have it. You gain a set of fiendish chains that you can summon and desummon around your hands at will. These chains grant your unarmed strikes the reach property and can be enhanced to grant the enhancements to your unarmed strikes. These chains can be used to grapple opponents within range and count as light weapons with the Monk Weapon property that do not have damage of their own and count as extensions of your Unarmed Strikes. The chains automatically gain an Enhancement Bonus equal to your proxy levels.
    Patron Abilities:
    • Blood Fury: Your Proxy levels count as Monk levels for purposes of determining Unarmed Strike Damage. Proxy levels stack with Monk Levels if already acquired. Whenever you deal damage with an unarmed strike, you may make a 5 ft. step towards another enemy and, if you dealt damage equal to half or more of the first enemy's hit points, you may make another attack. You also gain the Rage ability of a Barbarian and Proxy levels count as Monk levels for determining uses of rage per day. Proxy levels stack with Barbarian levels for determining uses and properties of Rage.
    • Affinity(Combat): While conscious and in melee combat you gain Fast Healing equal to half your proxy levels. Additionally, the BAB of the Proxy class increases to be equal to its level (like a fighter).
    • Burn the Body: Your melee attacks deal +1d6 fire damage per proxy level. At proxy level 7, this damage increases to +1d12 per proxy level and bypasses fire resistance. At proxy level 10, this damage increases to +2d6 per proxy level and bypasses fire immunity.
    • Salt the Earth: You have a constant, nonmagical Blight aura that extends out to 10 ft. per proxy level. This aura also effects the soil and water, making new plants be unable to grow for a number of days equal to (Str+Con+Proxy level) Any Aberration, Plant, or Ooze type creature or any creature with either the [Cold] or [Water] subtype that enters the aura or begins their turn in the aura takes 1d10/proxy level negative energy damage and 1d10/proxy level fire damage. You must be proxy level 7 or higher to select this.
    • Rip and Tear: Your unarmed strikes gain Improved Grab. When you grapple an enemy you may make a grapple check to remove one of their limbs. If you succeed, they lose the limb, you gain Temporary Hit Points equal to three times your proxy level for one hour, a profane bonus to AC equal to twice your proxy level for 3d10 rounds, and a 5 ft bonus to all your movement mods equal to your proxy level for one hour. You must be proxy level 7 or higher to select this.
    • What is Best?: You know the resistances and immunities of any foe within 20 ft per proxy level. This is considered a nonmagical scrying effect.
    • Crush Your Enemies: You gain a +5 damage bonus per proxy level to all melee attacks you make. At proxy level 7, this bonus increases to +10 per proxy leve. At proxy level 10, this bonus increases to +20 per proxy level.
    • Drive Them Before You: When you charge, all enemies within 10 ft. of your path must make a reflex save with a DC equal to (10+Str+Proxy level) or be pulled beside you to the end point of your charge and fall prone. At the end of your charge, all enemies who failed the save are flung 5 ft. per proxy level in the direction of the charge
    • Hear their lamentation: You gain the Frightful Presence ability with a DC equal to (10+Proxy level+Str) that activates whenever you attack, charge, or intimidate a creature and lasts for 1d10 rounds per proxy level. Any creature that fails their save may be chained to your will and placed under a Geas as though the spell that last until the duration of Frightful Presence ends. While a creature is under the effect of a Geas imposed by you, they gain the effects of What is Best? and Crush Your Enemies as well as gain the effects of your Patron Power. You must be proxy level 7 or higher and have selected What is Best?, Crush Your Enemies, and Drive Them Before You to select this.

Name: The Nightlanders
    Skill: Spellcraft
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Spells: Must be able to cast 3rd level mysteries
    Proxy name: Cultist of the Shade
    Weapon and armour: none
    Proxy powers: These are Mystery-like abilities, not Spell-like abilities.
    • 1st: Dusk and Dawn
    • 2nd: Clinging Darkness
    • 3rd:Step Into Shadow
    • 4th: Prison of Night
    • 5th:Summon Umbral Servants

Patron power: Whenever you cast a mystery or apply fear or exhaustion to an enemy, you gain one point of Shadow Ichor. When you target another person with your Proxy powers, you may choose to spend a point of Shadow Ichor to increase the DC of your mystery by +2. You may use a point of Shadow Ichor to cast a fundamental a single time even if you do not have access to it. You may use a point of Shadow Ichor per damage die rolled when using an alchemical item that deals damage to change the damage type to either cold or negative energy. You may spend a point of Shadow Ichor to heal yourself or an ally by 1d4 hit points.
    Paton Abilities:
    • Shadowy Movement: You may, as a move action, plane shift into or out of the Plane of Shadow. For each round you spend in the Plane of Shadow you gain 2 points of Shadow Ichor. You may also, as a move action, walk between shadows within 100 ft. per proxy level of each other. You must be proxy level 7 or higher to select this.
    • Shadow Body: While in an area of shadowy or deeper darkness, you gain a +2 profane bonus to reflex, will, and AC per proxy level.
    • False Movement: When you move more than 10 ft, you may spend a number of points of Shadow Ichor up to your proxy level. If you do, a number of illusory clones equal to the number of points spent are summoned and move in different directions and paths than you. These clones are identical to you in appearance and movement speeds and last 2 rounds per proxy level but are weightless and incorporeal and if attacked they are instantly destroyed. You may choose where the clones move every round after the first, though they may only take a single movement action. You may cast shadow mysteries through them as though you were in their location.
    • Switch Places: As a swift action, you may spend one point of Shadow Ichor to swap your position with a single clone created through False Movement. Must have selected False Movement to take.
    • Play the Game: You may spend a single point of Shadow Ichor to keep a clone active for an entire day. Your clones may make skill checks instead of moving. If a clone makes a creature feel fear, you gain one point of shadow ichor. You must be proxy level 7 or higher to select this.
    • Affinity (Darkness): While you are in an area of darkness deeper than Shadowy, you do not expend a use of your mysteries when you use them. Additionally, all of your mysteries gain a number of uses per day equal to your proxy levels.
    • Augmented Strikes: Attacks made with unarmed strikes, natural weapons, or manufactured weapons deal +1d4 negative energy per proxy level and +1d4 cold per proxy level. On a critical hit, the target of the attack must make a fortitude save equal to (15+Proxy level+Cha) or gain a level of exhaustion. Should a creature die from exhaustion inflicted by you, you gain an amount of Shadow Ichor equal to its' HD
    • The Sight: You can see perfectly in magical and mundane darkness. At level 7, you gain the ability to see through shadows within 10 ft per proxy level and, if you selected False Movement, you may also look through the eyes of your illusory clones.
    • Whispers of What's to Come: Your type changes to Elemental and you gain the Dark template. You may become corporeal or incorporeal at-will. You gain Ventriloquism and Ghost Sound as at-will spell-like abilities. You may spend 10 points of Shadow Ichor to create a pool of shadows that links to the Plane of Shadow and lasts until destroyed via bright light. You must be proxy level 7 or higher and selected Shadow Body and Augmented Strikes to select this.

Spoiler: Patrons Not Done Yet
    Show

Name: Smiling Man
    Skill: Knowledge (nature)
    Proxy name: The Gleeful
    Weapon and armour: longsword
    Proxy powers:
    • 1st:
    • 2nd:
    • 3rd:
    • 4th:
    • 5th:

Patron power:
    Patron Abilities:
    • Vines:
    • Blood Sacrifice:
    • A Rose By Any Other Name:
    • Would Smell as Sweet:
    • Affinity(Flowers):
    • Smile for Eternity:
    • Drain Them:
    • Sustenance Through Pain:
    • Body of Grass:

Name: The Clockwork Fetus
    Skill: Craft (any)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Proxy name: The Rebuilt
    Weapon and armour: all simple weapons, heavy armour
    Proxy powers:
    • 1st:
    • 2nd:
    • 3rd:
    • 4th:
    • 5th:

Patron power:
    Patron Abilities:
    • Affinity (artifice/technology):
    • Little Friend:
    • Crafting Genius:
    • Infrared:
    • Rend the Earth:
    • Homunculus:
    • Constructed Body:
    • WMDs:
    • Subsuming:

Name: The Blind Man
    Skill: Knowledge (any)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Proxy name: Keepers
    Weapon and armour: none
    Proxy powers:
    • 1st:
    • 2nd:
    • 3rd:
    • 4th:
    • 5th: Mindrape

Patron power:
    Patron Abilities:
    • Mental Mastery:
    • Memory Blank:
    • Affinity(Books):
    • All Forgotten:
    • Bone Spiders:
    • Webs of Fate:
    • Words of Forgetting:
    • Scribe Thought:
    • Craft Memory:

Last edited by Aniikinis; 2024-02-01 at 06:57 AM.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

12. - Top - End - #42

Beholder

You could compress each proxy block down into a spoiler? To try and save on space? Or just rearrange around the posts. Though with the theme of this are you going to expand beyond creepy pastas?

Also I jut realized something amusing. Eat's proxies aren't immune to Ink.

Err Slender sicknesses alter its a craft dc of 15+1 per hour spent making it right? Or is the 15+1 the will save for the sickness if its coming from the alter?

Taint makes your fluids addictive. The Patron power makes your fluids Ink already. So without Taint it looks like your bleeding water then but beyond that the fact your fluids look like Ink has no impact right?

Cry havoc doesn't have a time limit on the bonus damage or the you must make will saves or continue to gain fear part of it. So if something flees it would technically be gaining fear for the rest of time and all your allies would forever have a +1 against it.

But over all the Convocation looks great now. Its abilities seem focused and its thematic.

13. - Top - End - #43

[QUOTE=Holya;22634808]You could compress each proxy block down into a spoiler? To try and save on space? Or just rearrange around the posts. Though with the theme of this are you going to expand beyond creepy pastas?

It's not about space, it's about character limits. Ehh, only a few of them are technically creepypasta. Rake, Slenderman, and Zalgo are creepypastas while the rest are part of a separate thing entirely.

Also I jut realized something amusing. Eat's proxies aren't immune to Ink.
    Huh, I thought I wrote that down...

Err Slender sicknesses alter its a craft dc of 15+1 per hour spent making it right? Or is the 15+1 the will save for the sickness if its coming from the alter?
    Will Save, I wasn't sure if I should put a craft check in there.

Taint makes your fluids addictive. The Patron power makes your fluids Ink already. So without Taint it looks like you're bleeding water then but beyond that the fact your fluids look like Ink has no impact right?
    Ehhh, weirdly worded but technically no and technically yes. Taint and the Patron Power are both gained at the same level and activate at the same time. Without Taint you're bleeding Ink that looks like blood, and with Taint you're bleeding ink that looks like blood. However there is a simple difference: One converts your fluids to Ink, the other allows you to use it effectively. If you somehow didn't have taint, you'd just be a walking drug machine unable to use it unless something specifically drew it out of you (vampires, stirges, ect.) but you'd still have it. Taint allows you to convert water with it and is technically the prerequisite power of most of EATs powers, I just didn't feel the need to put it there since you are locked into taking it at 1st level.

Cry havoc doesn't have a time limit on the bonus damage or the you must make will saves or continue to gain fear part of it. So if something flees it would technically be gaining fear for the rest of time and all your allies would forever have a +1 against it.
    Hmm good point, 1d4 rounds/Proxy level for the bonuses and penalties and Proxy level rounds for shaken?

But over all the Convocation looks great now. Its abilities seem focused and its thematic.
    Sweet. I'm a little worried that Gale Force and Electrical Storm are a little OP, though.
    Last edited by Aniikinis; 2017-12-05 at 01:40 PM.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

14. - Top - End - #44

Beholder

Yeah 1d4 rounds per proxy level works and 10 rounds of shaken is good.

Electrical storm is like the spell just a spell like that caps at five times a day. It still has a build up time. So Electrical storm isn't going to be a use it in the middle of combat ability. Its a use it when people try and come attack you or if your setting up a ambush. Also Gale force is once a week. Its that trump card that you toss down and then either use the chaos to flee or well flee.. Since its a trump card. A once a week. It would really only ever be used if your getting close to death.

Yeah but the reason I asked about the blood thing is because you know their are those who would do something silly as not read over the whole thing and then not take Taint at level one.

Hmm have you thought of any epic progression? I mean you can hit the cap stone at level 15. If you go right into this as soon as you can. So could someone dip into another proxy? Or would it be a conflict?

15. - Top - End - #45

Yeah 1d4 rounds per proxy level works and 10 rounds of shaken is good.
    Aight.

Electrical storm is like the spell just a spell like that caps at five times a day. It still has a build up time. So Electrical storm isn't going to be a use it in the middle of combat ability. Its a use it when people try and come attack you or if your setting up a ambush. Also Gale force is once a week. Its that trump card that you toss down and then either use the chaos to flee or well flee.. Since its a trump card. A once a week. It would really only ever be used if your getting close to death.
    True. Also Gale Force is meant to be a once a month thing but I'm tempted to make it once every two weeks instead.

Yeah but the reason I asked about the blood thing is because you know their are those who would do something silly as not read over the whole thing and then not take Taint at level one.
    Good point.

Hmm have you thought of any epic progression? I mean you can hit the cap stone at level 15. If you go right into this as soon as you can. So could someone dip into another proxy? Or would it be a conflict?
    That would be a big conflict. No I haven't thought about progression past it. Any ideas?

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

16. - Top - End - #46

Beholder

Eh once a week is balanced enough. Its not super powerful. I mean its a re-flavored whirlwind spell. Which comes on line at level 15 for druids. But they can throw a tornado once a day. Yes its a actual tornado. Well its called a cyclone but it basically follows tornado rules. So giving them a supped up Tornado that you can't control once a week? It seems fine with what a full druid can do.

Eh once you hit ten levels in a proxy you can become a fear by retiring the character.. Hmm what if you make the 'epic' progression of it be things like building your 'fear' your domain? I mean you start off as a proxy for something else but become strong enough you could become a new fear. So why not make the progression beyond 10 levels in proxy be gaining new abilities or possibly gaining abilities from other proxy classes that aren't in direct conflict with the original source of your power? Or possibly a Prestige class for a Prestige class?

17. - Top - End - #47

Eh once a week is balanced enough. Its not super powerful. I mean its a re-flavored whirlwind spell. Which comes on line at level 15 for druids. But they can throw a tornado once a day. Yes its a actual tornado. Well its called a cyclone but it basically follows tornado rules. So giving them a supped up Tornado that you can't control once a week? It seems fine with what a full druid can do.
    Yeah good point.

Eh once you hit ten levels in a proxy you can become a fear by retiring the character.. Hmm what if you make the 'epic' progression of it be things like building your 'fear' your domain? I mean you start off as a proxy for something else but become strong enough you could become a new fear. So why not make the progression beyond 10 levels in proxy be gaining new abilities or possibly gaining abilities from other proxy classes that aren't in direct conflict with the original source of your power? Or possibly a Prestige class for a Prestige class?
    Hmm, I kinda want to but I don't really. It's in a good spot, in my opinion, where it keeps the character on a single path, but still allows advancement beyond that and into more specialized areas. I feel that if I tinker with a class for this to go into then I'll just scrap the entire thing and turn it into a base class (which probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea to be honest) with more to do and much more direction with an actual epic progression.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

18. - Top - End - #48

Beholder

Eh I like it as a prestige class in all honesty. Mainly because it gives you something to work into from other classes. If it became a pure base class then hats a lot more abilities you would need to figure out and the balancing issue comes into play since depending on which fear you follow your either a full caster, a martial, or a half caster. Each which has its own balancing issues. This as it is right now is accessible and well written. But its your work so if you change it into a base class its entirely up to you all that I would request is that you leave the prestige class version of it up as well just for those who would rather prestige into it instead of being a base class of it.