New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

When he gets the chance, Freddy turns to Reggy and mumbles, "Yeesh, what crawled up your butt?"

'Nothing.' said Reggy with a grin and a wink 'You're thinking of someone else, that's someone else's durance. But I'm sorry if I offended you, your highness, I'm just enjoying myself.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Starplan's fans excitedly follow her and Freddy to the glowing console, brightly decorated with a picture of Ryu uppercutting Sagat.

The matches went better than Imere expected with neither Changeling resorting to their contracts and Imere actually winning the second match out of three. But ultimately Freddy was the victor, and Imere did enough not to totally lose face. Freddy cheered and danced and gloated after his win, announcing, "I guess I really am king of the arcade then! All hail the King!" His antics earned a few cheers, but more boos as many zombies turned away from the game with disinterest or to gather around Starplan.

Richard was right there when the match was over, clapping a hand on her shoulder and saying, "Wow Starplan, you did amazing! That was awesome to watch!" His cheeks were already turning cherry again.
    "Hey, hey!" said Starplan. "No booing the King. He won fair and square and if you can't respect your opponent you can't respect yourself. And besides, don't get mad - get even!"

She shoved Richard towards the console. "Avenge me, my minions! Avenge your fallen queen!"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC: What Sebastian Knows
    Show
    Sebastian is pretty confident that Wren Lamontaigne is some sort of story telling Changeling in The Tumbledown Market, though he's never actually talked to her.

Annie makes sure she sees both Changeling out of the door, clearly not trusting them to remain in her presence. The storefront door locks shut behind them, leaving Tom and Sebastian out on Magazine Street in the night's scent of crushed wet flowers and ozone.

There is a sudden scuttle as a shadow darts down the nearest side street, but other than that Magazine street is empty. Upstairs Annie's apartment lights cast the street in a wash of yellow.

When he gets the chance, Freddy turns to Reggie and mumbles, "Yeesh, what crawled up your butt?"

'Nothing.' said Reggie with a grin and a wink 'You're thinking of someone else, that's someone else's durance. But I'm sorry if I offended you, your highness, I'm just enjoying myself.'
    The bat-eared Changeling grins at Reggie, clearly mollified by the man's deference, even if it was sarcastic. "Well I'm not sure we've met before," he says with the same **** eating grin, "you may call me King Freddy, my humble subject." He makes a gesture as if inviting Reggie to kneel or bow.

This is interrupted when Richard, sweating and red in the face, stumbles into Freddy, nearly knocking him over. Voice quivering he says, "Ugh, I'm sorry. I think I have next." He then apologizes again, this time to Reggie. Freddy turns to Reggie as if to say 'should I?'
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

It was the scuttling shadow that drew Tom’s attention, and he peered into the dark of the side street with a scowl on his face. The Ogre glanced to Sebastian, leaning in to whisper in the other changeling’s ear.

”I am going to ensure we were not followed, nor are we being observed. I am fearful what trouble we may have brought to Annie and Kitsune. I would not object to a second pair of eyes, but nor do I wish to put you in harm’s way.”

Gesturing idly to the side street, Tom slips a hand into the folks of his heavy jacket and grips the pommel of his blade tightly before making his way in the direction of that scuttling shadow.

When he arrives at the entrance, Tom scans the shadows, puffing up to his full immensity.

”Come out where I can see you.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Wits 2 + Composure 3 for Perception

(5d10)[2][5][9][8][9](33)

Strength 4 + Intimidation 4 to look physically terrifying.

(8d10)[8][9][5][4][3][8][6][2](45)

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy performs an elegant and well practiced bow, it Freddy thought it meant something then more fool him. Reggy had been born into a world where bowing to inbreds and lunatics had been bred into the bone, as natural as acknowledging a greeting 'As you wish, your most humble and excellent Majesty. I'm Reggy, thank you for welcoming me to your... arcade.' He had meant to say Kingdom, but the word died unformed on his tongue. The word had a special resonance for him.

When Richard interrupts and Freddy looks to Reggy for permission Reggy's smile grows. He was used to that, this might be Freddy's Kingdom but it was Reggy's conversation 'I think the king must defend his crown' he said drily and then, with a wicked grin he adds 'What does the king wager this time?'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Sebastian whispers back, nodding.

“We need to find out before we get followed back.”

He draws himself up, nowhere near the imposing figure Tom is.

“We know something is there. Just come on out.”

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Big Tom and Sebastian rush after the figure that disappeared around the corner. When they round the bend, the darkly lit street is empty. It is a small side street between two store fronts, lined with a few malodorous dumpsters, and the debris of ages.

Following the side street out onto the next main road, there is still no sign of their fleeing target. Though there are a number of locked buildings, their storm shutters closed (long narrow swinging wooden shutters with slats used to protect windows from rain during storms; an architectural facet very common in New Orleans buildings), there is no clear door through which their target could have easily accessed and portaled through.

In fact, the only sign that anyone had been this way was the subtle scent of Glamour, in this case the smell of smokey bourbon and lilies that seemed to linger in the still evening air. A Changeling had been this way for sure, but no one moved that fast... Tom and Sebastian's shouts simply float out into the night air. The only response is someone playing piano in one of the second floor apartments nearby, despite the late hour.

Freddy grins widely as Reginald gives a well practiced bow, his lips curling up to expose pink gums and rows of needle-like teeth.

When Richard interrupts and Freddy looks to Reggy for permission Reggy's smile grows. He was used to that, this might be Freddy's Kingdom but it was Reggy's conversation 'I think the king must defend his crown' he said drily and then, with a wicked grin he adds 'What does the king wager this time?'
    However, when Reggy mockingly brings up 'the king's wager', the changeling scowls and addressing Richard says, "Very well. I suppose I can play a few more rounds, but I'm not playing every damn zombie in this arcade just because Starplan says so." He turns his back to Reggy and throws a few more quarters into the machine.

Richard's face is now a flushed purple, illuminated by the character selection screen. He offers a quiet, "Sorry" that mostly comes out a mumble before reaching into his pocket to retrieve a few quarters as well. If Reggy sticks around to watch, it's a pretty bad drubbing, with Freddy not even taking damage in the second match, and Richard quickly flees the console.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

'So much for my ringer.' says Reggy, patting Freddy on the back in congratulations, deliberately 'patting' far too hard. It looked more like Reggy was trying to save a choking victim rather than congratulate a gamer. 'I think I need you in my wheelhouse. What... Guild are you with Freddy?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-02-14 at 11:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

StarPlan took a breather. She didn't have anything left on her to-do list for the evening, so she just mingled with her unliving horde. After a while she made the decision to text Sebastian.

> hey
    > totes :plank-emoji:
    > u need help?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Freddy shrugs at the question, hands raised. "What do you mean," he asks, "like... The Krew?" His eyes narrow and he says, "I think I've seen you at a few Freehold meetings, right?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Erulasto is sick and has asked me to move his character forward. I know Imere is waiting on Sebastian's text as well, if he has not responded by Monday, I will move this forward as well. Till then, here's just a little flavor that maybe ER can respond to).

Tom curses and punches a nearby wall so hard that flecks of shattered brick sprinkle to the ground. "Damn it! Which way did he go?" He fumes, looking to and fro in a vain search for whomever it was they were chasing. His face grim, he turns to Sebastian and asks, "Typhon?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Beholder

Sebastian sighs as the text comes through and he looks visibly perplexed by what he sees when he takes out his phone and flips it open. After a moment he turns it towards Tom.

[b] “Not this. This is more hieroglyphics from her. What does this mean? She needs a bag of wood? What is going on there?” [b]

He looks around at the empty street, listening in to the piano. He mentally categorizes the smell, in case it associates later with another changeling.

“I will let her know we are on our way.”

For the next several moments, Sebastian labours over his three-letters-per-key response. In the end, Imere receives the following:

Dear Imere,

We have reunited the two friends. We are going to return to you now. Sincerely, Sebastian (and Tom)

13. - Top - End - #193

> :roflcopter-emoji:
    > yea im done here cu soon

Starplan flipped her phone back into her pocket. "Hey Sir Humperdink, got the call. All's good, we're meeting up back at the house."

With the spotlight currently shifted to Freddy she was mostly free to make her way out. She told one or two of her zombie followers that she'd just gotten an important call and had to duck out just so that nobody freaked out and started a missing persons page and then she was on her way back to the house with the others.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It is not long till the four Changelings have returned to their home on Annunciation Street. The house seems warm and inviting in the late evening gloom, the lights having been left on.

Tea has been served for those who are thirsty, and the four now sit in comfy chairs in the living room. Windows overlook the outside streets, and every door has been bolted shut. There is now a sense of security as the four discuss the evening's events, none yet ready to go to bed.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

"Nothing to report from my end other than that I apparently suck at Street Fighter," said Imere, massaging the wounds on her face closed. She was already shifting back to her ordinary angelic appearance. "You guys were doing the cool stuff, what's the haps?"

16. - Top - End - #196

Beholder

Sebastian was already deep into his tea before he spoke up.

“We saw Kitsune off. Annie is a spider. She does make nice coats. The short story is that we were cautioned not to trust anyone in power, things might not be all that the seem with the treaties that keep New Orleans safe for us. We have a contact to speak to...Wren Lamontaigne... if we want to find out more. And...Typhon is a bad, bad changeling. Some sort of enforcer. I, for one, say we try to stay out of the whole affair. It’s not our fault she came from the mirror. We didn’t turn her over, so I say we are clean.”
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2019-02-19 at 07:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom chuckles at Sebastian's description of events, nodding his head in agreement. He adds on, "She said something about how The Hallow's Eve contract was bad too. She made it sound like it needs to be stopped, like it's not actually good, or something." The giant shrugs his shoulders, though there is a cunning, excited glint in the man's eyes. "The real question," he says grinning, "is if we are going to jump down this rabbit hole, so to speak; go find this Wren and get ourselves into some trouble?" He looks from Reggie, to Imere, and lastly to Sebastian, smiling like the cat that caught the canary.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy grins back at Tom 'You know me Tom, as long as it doesn't interfere with my work I'm always up for a little trouble.' He clicks his tongue a few times as he thinks 'We didn't turn her over, that doesn't mean we're clean Sebastian. Quite the opposite, I'd wager Typhon got all the blood he needed to prove the Fox was here. That puts us in rather bad standing with whomever she escaped from.' Reggy talks with his hands, they are constantly in motion as he speaks 'Here's the rub. We go digging deeper and we're bound to further annoy Typhon's master. Or the other hand if we investigate at least we can learn who we should be avoiding.' He cast his arms out to the group as if offering an embrace 'I will abide by your decision mt friends, but I say we pay Wren Lamontaigne a social visit.'
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Reggy grins back at Tom 'You know me Tom, as long as it doesn't interfere with my work I'm always up for a little trouble.' He clicks his tongue a few times as he thinks 'We didn't turn her over, that doesn't mean we're clean Sebastian. Quite the opposite, I'd wager Typhon got all the blood he needed to prove the Fox was here. That puts us in rather bad standing with whomever she escaped from.' Reggy talks with his hands, they are constantly in motion as he speaks 'Here's the rub. We go digging deeper and we're bound to further annoy Typhon's master. Or the other hand if we investigate at least we can learn who we should be avoiding.' He cast his arms out to the group as if offering an embrace 'I will abide by your decision mt friends, but I say we pay Wren Lamontaigne a social visit.'
    "May as well," said Imere. idly "I mean, cut off the supply of screaming bloody chicks at the source, right?"

20. - Top - End - #200

Beholder

“We could also leave well enough alone. If anyone does come asking we could just say we were startled and didn’t know what to do, and the person just ran away.”

Sebastian looks around imploringly at everyone else, hoping someone will see sense.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom chuckles heartily and says, "Come now, where is your sense of adventure?" He slaps a dictionary sized hand on a tree trunk thigh before stopping to scratch his chin, and asks "So, does anyone know where we could find this Madame Lamontaigne?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    “We could also leave well enough alone. If anyone does come asking we could just say we were startled and didn’t know what to do, and the person just ran away.”

Sebastian looks around imploringly at everyone else, hoping someone will see sense.
    "I don't know what magical faerie hell dimension you went to, but it's my experience that pleading ignorance has a zero percent success rate," droned Imere.

Tom chuckles heartily and says, "Come now, where is your sense of adventure?" He slaps a dictionary sized hand on a tree trunk thigh before stopping to scratch his chin, and asks "So, does anyone know where we could find this Madame Lamontaigne?"
    "Lemme see if she's on facebook," said Imere, pulling out her phone. "Madame Lamington you said? She Australian?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Lemme see if she's on facebook," said Imere, pulling out her phone. "Madame Lamington you said? She Australian?"
    Tom shrugs at the question offering, "Beats me."

On her laptop, Imere sees that there is no facebook account for Wren Lamontaigne and perhaps a little elbow grease will be needed to find out more about her.

(OOC: Please give me Wits + Computers)
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Beholder

Sebastian shakes his head with a sense of world weariness. They were all going to be going off on...a quest. And he was going to be pulled along. He watched as the computer was used to try to seek out information.

“They are a storyteller, I know that much. Let me know when you decide what particular dragon’s throat you’re planning to jump down. I’ll be in my Hollow. I want to look up a few things about the Hallow’s Eve treaty in my library.”

He stalked off to his Hollow, leaving the door slightly ajar this time as to render it in reality in case he was needed.

Show
    I’d like to flex a little research muscle here on the treaty. I imagine given its importance my library would be a perfect place to research. How would you like me to situate my rolls? I’ll take however long the motley lets me work

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    Sebastian shakes his head with a sense of world weariness. They were all going to be going off on...a quest. And he was going to be pulled along. He watched as the computer was used to try to seek out information.

“They are a storyteller, I know that much. Let me know when you decide what particular dragon’s throat you’re planning to jump down. I’ll be in my Hollow. I want to look up a few things about the Hallow’s Eve treaty in my library.”

He stalked off to his Hollow, leaving the door slightly ajar this time as to render it in reality in case he was needed.

Show
    I’d like to flex a little research muscle here on the treaty. I imagine given its importance my library would be a perfect place to research. How would you like me to situate my rolls? I’ll take however long the motley lets me work
    "Oooo," sighed Imere, this being the meme these days. "Wouldn't that be nice? Falling down a dragon's throat?"

Tom shrugs at the question offering, "Beats me."

On her laptop, Imere sees that there is no facebook account for Wren Lamontaigne and perhaps a little elbow grease will be needed to find out more about her.

(OOC: Please give me Wits + Computers)
    THRILLING SCENES OF PEOPLE USING GOOGLE!

[4,2,4,1,4,8 - 1 success]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sifting through enough pictures on google images, Imere eventually comes across a portrait that seems to somehow fit the bill, immediately jumping to the changeling's attention. The photo is grainy, maybe taken from the camera of a flip phone, and the elderly lady seems unaware that she is being photographed. A sea of leathery wrinkles nearly hides two glowing blue eyes, and a floppy nose hangs down over a long wide mouth with thick cracked lips. The woman is hunched over, holding a steaming mug up to her long chin.

The photo is linked to an old travel blog by a username "ZenHippie62", specifically a post from a trip to New Orleans. ZenHippie describes a a strange Saturday afternoon, getting lost in a strange part of the French Quarter, and finding a strange "fortune teller" who would only ply her trade after offered tea for her sore throat. ZenHippie was left very shaken by the encounter, certain that she had met a ghost. The next day, she stealed herself to return to the rundown hut down some back alley of the French Quarter, but that the alley was gone.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

'That certainly sounds like our girl' says Reggy leaning over Imere's shoulder 'Good, I rather fancy stretching my legs. Anyone care to join me for a brisk stroll around the French Quarter?'
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    'That certainly sounds like our girl' says Reggy leaning over Imere's shoulder 'Good, I rather fancy stretching my legs. Anyone care to join me for a brisk stroll around the French Quarter?'
    "Yeah, let's go," said Imere. "Night's still young. You been out that way before, Sir Humphrey?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tom looks confusedly at his companions before loosing a mighty yawn, so mighty that his breath can be smelled from across the room (what, did he just eat a raw onion?). "Don't you think it's a little late?" he chuckles, pointing at the grandfather clock, that has resumed its mechanical churning.

The clock indicates that it's nearly 3 am (OOC: The night's events started around midnight). He shrugs, "I'm sure the Tumbledown Market is running to some degree at this hour, but I doubt that little old lady you showed us on your computer is awake and working." He stands to join the others, and as he draws nearer, the onion breath does too, "I mean, I'll come with you. You two will need protection at the very least, but couldn't it wait till the morning." As Tom says this, you can see the heavy bags that have collected under his giant red rimmed eyes.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy arched an eyebrow 'Well if our fierce protector is too tired to be fierce I suppose we'd best await his convalescence.' There was an uneasy pit at the bottom of his stomach and an invisible energy buzzing in the air about them, this definitely felt like the beginning of an adventure. 'I won't be able to sleep at all tonight.' Reggy produced a little black book from his breast pocket and started flicking through it, there had to be at least one potential donor who'd be awake at this hour.
    Spoiler
    Show