New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Anyway to make a push action at reach?

Hello all, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the push action using reach? All I can think of is the Bugbear's Long Limbed racial but I am unsure if that even works?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Anyway to make a push action at reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Citadel97501 View Post
    Hello all, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the push action using reach? All I can think of is the Bugbear's Long Limbed racial but I am unsure if that even works?
    Use a reach weapon when you Shove. As long as you're using the Attack action, and you are, reach applies. Unlike grappling, shove doesn't require a free hand, so clearly you can do it with weapons. Think of it as e.g. tripping a bad guy with your halberd.

There are some reach weapons like whips with which it would be inappropriate to Shove, but most of them should be fine both by RAW and by logic.

3. - Top - End - #3

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    Use a reach weapon when you Shove. As long as you're using the Attack action, and you are, reach applies. Unlike grappling, shove doesn't require a free hand, so clearly you can do it with weapons. Think of it as e.g. tripping a bad guy with your halberd.

There are some reach weapons like whips with which it would be inappropriate to Shove, but most of them should be fine both by RAW and by logic.
    Thank you, I wasn't sure if weapon reaches allowed shoves or whatever that does make the whip not awful :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

If you can get whip proficiency on a swords bard, you can mobile flourish

Battlemaster Fighters have a pushing attack, so they can push and deal damage
    Last edited by Vogie; 2019-05-21 at 07:27 AM.
    Always looking for critique of my 5E homebrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    ... does this stuff just come naturally to you? Do you even have to try anymore xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Vogie is the sh**. I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic, just wanted to point that out.

5. - Top - End - #5

OldWizardGuy

If you're a Battlemaster with the Pushing Attack maneuver you can push someone with a bow shot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

If we're just going with the push effect, there's that Eldritch Blast Repelling Blast invocation that can push back multiple times from 120ft. away and there isn't even a save for it

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Probably not what you are looking for but tgere is always the “Fist of Unbroken Air” from the 4e Monk.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Battlemasters Lunge + Open Hand Monk push option