New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    They seem to be making their own decisions instead of just obeying, so probably not directly Lucrezia's. Another Knights of Jove faction or Zola's?
    Probably Loyal English Subjects. One of which is a Poli Sci major at a local university.
    FTDWIR

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareasint View Post
    Probably Loyal English Subjects. One of which is a Poli Sci major at a local university.
    And too be fair, he has a good point. If the baron, the storm king, the heterodyne, AND lucrezia all managed to die here, england would probably have a few decades of relative peace as the various power blocs of europa all convulse like a decapitated serpent trying to determine what to do next. Or at least it would if all of lu was here. Without that bit, all they will do is hand europe over to lucrezia and give her a complete empire surpassing england, all in the hands of a, presumably younger, queen that can probably personally match or exceed albia herself.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Oof, those poor guys. They've been setting up ultimate!power!Lucrezia here, but she obviously can't snap any of the main heroes out of existence, so I reckon these guys are here to get snapped out of existence to show how dangerous Lucrezia is.

And then, while she's gloating over snapping them, the machine's helmet get's slapped on her head and she gets pulled out of Agatha.
    Nah, there's gonna be a gun-battle between the diving-helmet guys and the plugged-ear brigade.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

We have a good idea who these people don't work for: England, Paris or the Library. They are very hostile to Gil and are looking to kill Lu. About the only person we know that fits the bill for sending these guys would be Zola. I'm guessing there are TWO Others running around. ClankLu Other who has been quiet because Queen of Dawn Other (Zola) took over most of her assets.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    We have a good idea who these people don't work for: England, Paris or the Library. They are very hostile to Gil and are looking to kill Lu. About the only person we know that fits the bill for sending these guys would be Zola. I'm guessing there are TWO Others running around. ClankLu Other who has been quiet because Queen of Dawn Other (Zola) took over most of her assets.
    Last we saw of Zola though, she was being whisked away by Martellus's beloved grandmother. If these guys are hers then this operation has grandma's assent and these guys shouldn't even think about killing him.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

6. - Top - End - #846

Unless she's going behind Gramma's back, like Seffie did shipping Tarvek out of France or when Tweedle sent a Night Master and a couple tons of hounds after him. Gramma isn't as dominant as she's made out to be.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Kill Lu? No, they seem to be saying they want to take her away with them and kill everyone else. Whether they actually serve Lu remains to be seen.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

They didn't acknowledge, or recognise it seems, either Lucrezia so I'm inclined to think their loyalty is not towards her since basically all her servants we've seen can recognise her from her voice alone.

Their reaction to Martellus is the one that interests me the most. They recognise him as the Storm King and seem puzzled by the idea of killing him, even if they want to.
    Last edited by Grim Portent; 2019-10-28 at 01:40 PM.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

9. - Top - End - #849

RedWizardGuy

So what's up with Agatha's outfit? Did Lucrezia feel that mechanic clothing wasn't befitting of a demigod?

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

So what's up with Agatha's outfit? Did Lucrezia feel that mechanic clothing wasn't befitting of a demigod?
    No one takes you seriously as a Villainess unless you flash some leg...

Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2019-10-28 at 08:04 PM.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

They seem to be making their own decisions instead of just obeying, so probably not directly Lucrezia's. Another Knights of Jove faction or Zola's?
    This seems like a fantastic guess, especially the Knights of Jove one. It explains both why Martellus of all people was the one person they thought they weren’t allowed to kill, why they were *ostensibly* loyal to Lucrezia before seeing the massive potential the room had, and why they don’t seem to include Albia’s desires in their decision making process.

Lucrezia likes her sexy outfits.
    Last edited by NobleCuriosity; 2019-10-28 at 09:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

This seems to be heading in the direction of making Agatha taking back over the only way to win. That, or Lucrezia actually escaping and the story going into a plot arc of finding a way to beat a Queen and tracking her down to use it.

That would explain why she thought she was "supposed to" win easily, if part of the closed time loop is that her Queen self gave a carefully selective tip to her earliest self to start things going. It's seeming like it would be difficult to justify her not finishing them all off before she leaves, though. A Queen's power has been hyped up so much that if something doesn't outright cripple her she should easily be able to slaughter them all, just as she tried ordering the new arrivals to do. The only known time a non-Queen outmatched a Queen in battle, it was a time traveler with the advantage of technology from millennia in the future.

Maybe this is leading up to Albia showing up in person, not just through Trelawney, and ending up dying in exchange for de-ascending Lucrezia. That could work, and would be a natural way to continue the trend of Agatha unintentionally triggering the downfall of the current leadership of everywhere she goes.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

13. - Top - End - #853

Beholder

Well, guess this plot point will linger for another week then. (can't see it getting resolved this friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

14. - Top - End - #854

I fully expect albia to be making her way directly here in person. She was weaker working through an agent, but she wants to be certain lucrezia is destroyed, and she isnt currently aware that lu has ascended. I wonder what the laws of rulership are in england when their queen has been around for a thousand years? Unlike in paris we havent really interacted with anyone that could directly take over unless we find out the spark of the realm is in the line of succession. There WERE vague mentions of princesses when tarvek was trying to justify how he got to england.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #855

Figures Lu's personal emblem is her own face.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think that's little face on her clothes is like Zeetha's Skyfandrian artefacts. Maybe the reason why the lady with four arms was interested in them was that they are made by queens. Even the swords were remade by Albia.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I think that's little face on her clothes is like Zeetha's Skyfandrian artefacts. Maybe the reason why the lady with four arms was interested in them was that they are made by queens. Even the swords were remade by Albia.
    That was my reaction when I saw them, but I had forgotten about Lady Steelgarter.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

OK people! Get out your Quatloos!

1-3: Albia appears, epic fight.
    1-10: Boilergeist appears with the Omega 13 & saves them.
    1-25: Dr. Dim appears crying "After 50 years of research, I have come back to exact revenge "!
    1-100: Agatha sees her friends being crushed and re-takes control.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    OK people! Get out your Quatloos!

1-3: Albia appears, epic fight.
    1-10: Boilergeist appears with the Omega 13 & saves them.
    1-25: Dr. Dim appears crying "After 50 years of research, I have come back to exact revenge "!
    1-100: Agatha sees her friends being crushed and re-takes control.
    I'm going to put 2 Quatloos on Dr Dim appearing, and 1 on Agatha retaking control at the last possible moment, Scarlet.

I assume 'Agatha retaking control' still pays out if any (or all) of the other options happen first?
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna put everything on Agatha retaking control just enough to put on a helmet.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I'm gonna put everything on Agatha retaking control just enough to put on a helmet.
    That's what should happen, really, to give Agatha back some agency.

And regarding Albia's line of succession, it was stated many years ago on a GG website cast list that she does indeed have people hanging around waiting for her to die; one of them, the evidently mortal Princess Urania, has even been mentioned once in the comic itself. I fully expect Albia to pass on before this is all over, and Urania is the most likely replacement.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would prefer if Albia stays, unless she reveals herself to be an enemy. I mean, how does killing her bring us forward in the story? (I am honestly very fuzzy on what the story is. Freeing Mechanicsburg to stop the Invasion of the Extratemporals?)

Let's make a headcount. What princely deaths were good?

Beetle? Sure, he was to die to destroy Agatha's old life.

Tarvek's dad? It wasn't strictly necessary, but I'm OK with that, there was a power play going on and it freed Tarvek. (Unfortunately, Tarvek turned into an outcast with no other purpose than helping out Agatha).

The Baron (not dead-dead, but...)? It freed Gil in a way, but also gave him new responsibilities. This is probably why Gil is now a more interesting character than Agatha.

Voltaire and Andronicus: nothing of interest, just a photo-op for Martellus, whose power and authority are however always nebulous and undetermined, so such a happening doesn't change anything about him.

The kidnapping (or recovery) of The King of the Silver Lands? It means nothing. It's also pretty much the same story as Colette -- old dude exit, friendly young lady enter.

The Library Chief: zero interest. He could have been any mook.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #863

Given the genre the Foglios are emulating/mocking, big time personalities (including royals) are really just window dressing for the actions/antics of the hero(ine). Therefore, offing Albia has no more real import than moving the scenery.

24. - Top - End - #864

It helps maintain the theme. Everywhere agatha goes, leaders die or are replaced. Beetleburg, sturmhaven or wherever tarvek was from originally, mechanicsburg, back at mister storm kings lair when they went through the portal and lost 2 years, the corbittes didnt get overthrown but their entire setup got altered and the head of the order tossed their neutrality in favor of supporting tweedle. The baron is out of the picture and gil is in charge, the master is dead. Why wreck the pattern and not have albia die/step down/turn into a tern and fly away forever?

25. - Top - End - #865
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

I really hope Albia doesn‘t die anytime soon. I enjoy her too much. Plus it‘s nice to have someone really powerful around who‘s not beholden to Agatha at all.

And then there‘s that whole garden thing, want to know what exactly is up with that.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

From some points of view, this is the darkest moment we've seen in all of Girl Genius up to this date.
    Lu has gained the upper hand and the possibility of all of the world becoming wasped appears likely. We as readers can doubt that the authors would do this, but the characters don't know that.
    Last edited by Tyrrell; 2019-11-01 at 09:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867

Great time to not update promptly

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Great time to not update promptly
    I know.

Authors! the tension is high enough. There is no call for a dramatic pause here.
    Last edited by Tyrrell; 2019-11-01 at 10:08 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Might be something wrong with the site. It was done for awhile last night about the time they usually update.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

30. - Top - End - #870

MindFlayer

It's up now, though. I presume this page is intended to be a facing page to the previous one.