New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If Othar shows up Albia will blow the dome. Even Goddess-Queens have their limits.
    Naw. She will start talking about how big a fan she is of his.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Naw. She will start talking about how big a fan she is of his.
    He can trade True Adventure Stories with Trelawney.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, Lu really is a mental disaster and is self deluded enough to think Albia ran away. And the hand I am 99% sure is Tweedle. Seems he still had a ace up his sleeve with the Kings Touch.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Lu's ability to snatch defeat on the cusp of victory is astounding. I am hopeful Vi did one of her 'too fast to be seen' substitutions last page and Wooster is fine but confused beside her, while some poor dummy has gone to Heaven. And where IS Albia? This is the greatest threat to herself, England, and the world in centuries, why isn't she dressed up in battle armor intervening directly? It makes me worry that something has gone very wrong where-ever she is.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Lu's ability to snatch defeat on the cusp of victory is astounding. I am hopeful Vi did one of her 'too fast to be seen' substitutions last page and Wooster is fine but confused beside her, while some poor dummy has gone to Heaven. And where IS Albia? This is the greatest threat to herself, England, and the world in centuries, why isn't she dressed up in battle armor intervening directly? It makes me worry that something has gone very wrong where-ever she is.
    Because she doesn't live next door? It's been maybe a dozen mniutes since the link between her and Thorpe broke. How fast do you think she can move?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Because she doesn't live next door? It's been maybe a dozen mniutes since the link between her and Thorpe broke. How fast do you think she can move?
    Good point, note. Given that she still hasn’t figured out how to fix the Queen’s mirrors, she probably still doesn’t know how to do teleportation.

It’s slightly unnerving that she hasn’t taken another shot at possessing Thorpe again, now that Thorpe’s had a bit of rest time, but there are a number of possible reasonable explanations there (maybe it can only be done so often, maybe arriving with only some of her power isn’t tactically sound now that the situation has escalated, maybe she needs to be in her own body to command every British citizen in the dome for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, Lu really is a mental disaster and is self deluded enough to think Albia ran away. And the hand I am 99% sure is Tweedle. Seems he still had a ace up his sleeve with the Kings Touch.
    Yeah, that is almost certainly Martellus’ hand there. We get a good look at his sleeve here, and another one showing the gold highlights at the end better here. Gil’s the only one whose sleeve is even close to that color.

Edit: Also: bye-bye locket, before anybody ever really got the chance to study it, either. That’s a real pity, as something that can suppress a Lucrezia-possession from a spark, even if only temporarily, could have potentially been really useful. It’s original purpose of slowing a spark breakthrough would have likely yielded interesting data on the nature of the Spark that the Baron would have loved to see, too.
    Last edited by NobleCuriosity; 2019-11-06 at 03:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NobleCuriosity View Post

Edit: Also: bye-bye locket, before anybody ever really got the chance to study it, either. That’s a real pity, as something that can suppress a Lucrezia-possession from a spark, even if only temporarily, could have potentially been really useful. It’s original purpose of slowing a spark breakthrough would have likely yielded interesting data on the nature of the Spark that the Baron would have loved to see, too.
    The Baron did see it, he's the one who repaired it. The print novels include a scene of him studying it, and recognizing it as Barry's work.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

It‘s a universe where time-travel exists, perhaps they can borrow it from young barry - or bring him into the future, hence him being gone.
    Last edited by Chalcara; 2019-11-06 at 11:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

She moved pretty fast when Dr. Dim set foot on her turf. If it were I, I'd be moving to the point of time dilation to get to the dome before Lu went too far. If I could feel her ascending to godhood, I'd move even faster.

10. - Top - End - #910

Belated realization that implies I may be under-caffeinated. In Monday's text bit, Kaja talks about their kids' artwork. I had thought they had a son and daughter, but they're brothers.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that is almost certainly Martellus’ hand there. We get a good look at his sleeve here, and another one showing the gold highlights at the end better here. Gil’s the only one whose sleeve is even close to that color.

RE the hand: The problem is, height. Lu is giant sized. To grab her finger like that, someone would have had to fly or stage a pretty impressive leap. It looks to me - and I can't explain it - that the hand is reaching out of the locket itself.

12. - Top - End - #912

Beholder

She moved pretty fast when Dr. Dim set foot on her turf. If it were I, I'd be moving to the point of time dilation to get to the dome before Lu went too far. If I could feel her ascending to godhood, I'd move even faster.
    Yeah, but who knows how that all works? Maybe Albia was already in the station that Dr. Dim arrived in. After all, Dr. Dim was brought in by a rogue Wulfenbach vessel. So she may have wanted to be on site to deal with whatever shenanigans the vessel was bringing with it.

Or maybe there are certain priests that are trained soley to channel the queen and can handle her presence longer than Trewaleny. Trewaleny's primary role is to be an agent of the crown, often in foreign lands.

13. - Top - End - #913

RE the hand: The problem is, height. Lu is giant sized. To grab her finger like that, someone would have had to fly or stage a pretty impressive leap. It looks to me - and I can't explain it - that the hand is reaching out of the locket itself.
    It's Tweedle. Either we'll see him levitating on Friday, or the Foglios will just gloss over that point.

Belated realization that implies I may be under-caffeinated. In Monday's text bit, Kaja talks about their kids' artwork. I had thought they had a son and daughter, but they're brothers.
    For whatever it is worth, in the past, Alex Foglio has been shown and described as being female.
    Last edited by geoduck; 2019-11-06 at 02:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seriously, you give someone a shiny gauntlet, and they go crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

15. - Top - End - #915
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    It's Tweedle. Either we'll see him levitating on Friday, or the Foglios will just gloss over that point.
    Maybe Violet just grabbed him and tossed him up. She seems to be hulking out right now.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gbs5009 View Post
    Maybe Violet just grabbed him and tossed him up. She seems to be hulking out right now.
    Maybe he is standing on Tarvek's back. I can totally see it happen. Maybe it's Martellus on Tarvek on Gilgamesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    The Baron did see it, he's the one who repaired it. The print novels include a scene of him studying it, and recognizing it as Barry's work.
    Oops, I didn’t realize that. (I don’t have the print novels.).

Still, the Baron’s not exactly free at the moment, so still a lot of potential knowledge just became much more inaccessible (yes, I know there’s time travel, I count that as “a lot more inaccessible” at this moment.).
    Sincerely,
    NobleCuriosity

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The interesting part, I find is that whoever-it-is actually touched her.

Quick physical attacks ran into an invisible shield. All the shots bounced off the shield.

The shield turns the fast blow.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    Yeah, but who knows how that all works? Maybe Albia was already in the station that Dr. Dim arrived in. After all, Dr. Dim was brought in by a rogue Wulfenbach vessel. So she may have wanted to be on site to deal with whatever shenanigans the vessel was bringing with it.

Or maybe there are certain priests that are trained soley to channel the queen and can handle her presence longer than Trewaleny. Trewaleny's primary role is to be an agent of the crown, often in foreign lands.
    I assumed she was already there. After all she had promised to keep Agatha safeish, which is hard to do when your boot actually present.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...0#.XcRSRTNMGdM

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    The interesting part, I find is that whoever-it-is actually touched her.

Quick physical attacks ran into an invisible shield. All the shots bounced off the shield.

The shield turns the fast blow.
    So... they should shoot her with a lasgun then?

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wayson View Post
    So... they should shoot her with a lasgun then?
    Too unstable; they may blow not only the dome up, but a good part of London, as well.

22. - Top - End - #922

You say that like it's not going to happen anyway.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

So--is this going to actually work, or are we going to have another bait and switch on Monday?

24. - Top - End - #924

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    So--is this going to actually work, or are we going to have another bait and switch on Monday?
    It better works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

What just happened?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

What just happened?
    Martellus was already shown as a fairly competent chemist/biologist. Just like with his trademarked King's TouchTM, he most likely delivered some sedative or another concoction blocking higher mental functions like sparking out.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah im hoping it turns out he setup some sort of trap for agatha where the idea was, if he can get the weasel from her she will be stuck coming back to him and he will use the kings touch to shut her down rather than re-energize her. The kiss he may have turned into a chemical based aphrodisiac to try and make her WANT to stay. And if this is true, he is going to have a VERY hard time convincing anyone involved with agatha to not kill him as soon as possible.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    It better works.
    This, 1000 times this. Please no more fakeouts.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

It's good to be the King...

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    ... The kiss he may have turned into a chemical based aphrodisiac to try and make her WANT to stay....
    I think it's simpler: Lucrezia is a slut villain who's priorities can be put on hold by physical pleasure.

*cue Rocky Horror music*

"Give yourself over to absolute pleasure, Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh!"
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

You say that like it's not going to happen anyway.
    No... just that it's a bad idea while you aren't at minimum safe distance.