New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

I don't mind the instant-death trains. They're evil bombs of dark energy, and if it wasn't instant-death, honestly, there would be very little tension. They're enough to make it so that there's just a little bit of stress, while still having enough telegraphing that it's not terrible

I mean, I feel like it's recognizable as a stamp - he just didn't have anything to collect them in. You can stamp your hand, even, it'll just... wash off.

Pretty sure there was a Stamp Station in Aboda that you missed. (Dunno why Niko couldn't get that one himself. )

And so it begins... rabbits.
    It's pretty much impossible to complete this quest before the end of the game... and some of the later rabbits can be... a thing.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village

And, yes, I am keeping track of these so Zodi doesn't need to search every single rock when it comes time to complete it.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-11-29 at 12:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Pac-man was a fun game back in the 80's... but it doesn't really belong in a Zelda game, which is what the train sections turn into with the ghosts evil train things on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I don't mind the instant-death trains. They're evil bombs of dark energy, and if it wasn't instant-death, honestly, there would be very little tension. They're enough to make it so that there's just a little bit of stress, while still having enough telegraphing that it's not terrible

I mean, I feel like it's recognizable as a stamp - he just didn't have anything to collect them in. You can stamp your hand, even, it'll just... wash off.

Pretty sure there was a Stamp Station in Aboda that you missed. (Dunno why Niko couldn't get that one himself. )

And so it begins... rabbits.
    It's pretty much impossible to complete this quest before the end of the game... and some of the later rabbits can be... a thing.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village

And, yes, I am keeping track of these so Zodi doesn't need to search every single rock when it comes time to complete it.
    This will be appreciated, given my apparent desire to not mark them down on my map.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Pac-man was a fun game back in the 80's... but it doesn't really belong in a Zelda game, which is what the train sections turn into with the ghosts evil train things on the map.
    It's a little less binary, since you can use the cannon to slow them down (not kill them...) so you CAN escape but... yeah. Yeah.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This will be appreciated, given my apparent desire to not mark them down on my map.
    I always found I used my map... a lot less on the overworld. So, I get you. I fully understand. You just wanna go zoom-zoom on the train. Choo choo.

It's a little less binary, since you can use the cannon to slow them down (not kill them...) so you CAN escape but... yeah. Yeah.
    They also look pretty funny while stunned.
    (But, yeah, I feel like I'm the only person who actually liked the tension that (I felt) they brought. )

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Since you can see where they'll turn and you plot your route ahead of time (but can change it at will if you misjudge), it doesn't seem too bad. Seems to me it'd be rare that you even get close enough to see them, if you don't want to and they don't spawn close to whichever station you're setting off from.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much the only time you'll ever be in serious trouble is if there's multiple junctions - since they'll only show the next one - and there's also one behind you. Since they can collide with each other (took me a while to figure out if they actually do, since they just appear to phase through each other on the map - but they bounce off each other and switch directions) it does mean in rare cases if you're unlucky you can get sandwiched.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

I was skeptical at first, but I found that a Zelda game controlled entirely by touch screen actually worked decently. In fact, throwing bombs & firing arrows worked better than classic controls! The only really awkward parts were trying to dance around and counterattack against sword & shield enemies.

Regarding controlling the flute, I found it best to blow continuously while scrolling to the different notes. Even if the next note is more than one spot away, the game was fairly lenient. If you start & stop your blowing in-between notes, that leads to failure. (Do keep in mind I played on a New 3DS XL, that may have made a difference.)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Floogal View Post
    Even if the next note is more than one spot away, the game was fairly lenient.
    ...ehhhhhh. It was give-or-take on that. Very much a cointoss on whether it would accept it. Generally was a lot more lenient for the stuff you could afford to mess up un, I noticed.

9. - Top - End - #99

Stop me if you heard this one before; what if we did a new Zelda today.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [7] Mr Big Deal

Video Length: 30:27

In this episode, we are forced to interact with the Anouki once again! In Phantom Hourglass they were quite a hassle, and here... not as much, but still pretty silly. On the plus side, the puzzle they ask us to do is actually pretty easy and has some visual aids to help with it. It's cool and I like it. After matching up all the Anouki into combat pairs (and helping defeat a few enemies around the village) we're given the go-ahead to head to the Snow Sanctuary, through a scary ice cave. The ice cave in question has a monsterous miniboss in it, though it's rather easy all things considered. The double-edged sword of Train Combat is that there's only so much you can do with it.

With that done we make our way through the Snow Sanctuary, up to where Steem is. We cut our way through wolves and Ice Chu's, and have to solve a puzzle that... honestly feels broken and weird, and then finally meet our Lokomo friend. And then... it is flute time. Oh is it ever flute time. The flute has some issues in this episode, some of which I manage to find a solution for; the microphone is actually off set to the right on the 3DS I'm using to record, like the original DS's... but in the bottom right of the system, instead of the top right corner of the bottom. Which means nine times out of ten a hand will end up blocking it. So yeah, I manage to beat this one, but not without some frustration. And we're not even at the hardest one yet...

Regardless, the rail map is energized and the path to the Snow Temple is clear. Aside from the horrible blizzard surrounding it. Hope you all enjoyed, next time we take on a new dungeon!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (5)
    Show
    Hey let's do some training today.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [5] Spirit Tower Block One

Video Length: 24:59

Look it's hard to come up with funny titles ALL the time okay? Anyway, in this exciting episode, we blitz our way back to the Tower of Spirits so we can see about getting our next rail map. On the way we encounter some nasty Dark Trains that can instantly kill us if they do much as touch us, which is going to be... let's say a bit of a hassle with regards to traversing the world. They can't be killed, just stunned, so we're always going to have to deal with this looming threat of "we're on a collision course and I can't actually adjust our path" and that's just unfortunate. It's weird because like, in terms of "you are a train conductor video game" this kinda rules, it feels very much like you ARE piloting a train and have to make every move in advance. But mechanically it's kinda awful garbage that just moving across the game world is THAT dangerous.

At any rate, we get to the Spirit Tower relatively unscathed and begin climbing it once more. We encounter some new enemies (Miniblins on Armos, Geozards) that we need to dispatch and new puzzle elements to keep in mind (riding on Zelda's shield, blowing wind at fans though this isn't actually NEW, persay). All in all I like it, though it's pretty clear that we're missing a lot of stuff in this cube that we'll need other floors and other items to get too. It's over relatively quickly though, another trade up from Phantom's Ocean King Temple.

With the Snow Realm rail map acquired, we can now go wherever we wish! Only it turns out the monsters of the world are getting more restless, so we uh... actually need to stop by Castle Town to talk to Alfonzo. He'll know what to do to deal with these porcine threats to our poor train's safety! And he does... only he has to take us home to Abode Village first. And that's where we leave it off for today.

Hope you enjoyed, I'll see you all next time for a good and happy fun time. Take care!

Zelda back rides! Squeeeee.

Would you consider that spinenut to be Spinenut, Fast Red or just plain red?

Should I count the Mounted Miniblin as separate kills, or one kill for the "mounted miniblin" since they die together? I'm torn, because one means more kills, and more types killed, the other marks it as a unique creature that is killed....

I'll edit the below as we agree.

EPISODE 5 KILL TALLY!

Keese - 2
    Red Spinenut - 1
    Geozard - 2
    Mounted Miniblin - 3
    Phantom - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0 (x5 combo!)

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 5)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 4
    Chuchu, Red - 12
    Crows - 1
    Geozard - 1
    Keese - 7
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Rats - 4
    Phantoms - 2

Insects
    Bee Hives - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1
    Blastworms - 22
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 24
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 55

1st Place - Red Spinenuts, at 24!
    2nd Place - Blastworms, at 22!
    3rd Place - Red Chuchus, at 12!

Total Style Points - 0

Total Missed Rupees - 0
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2019-12-03 at 10:10 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

11. - Top - End - #101

I think marking it as just a red spinenut is fine, and keeping it as a Mounted Miniblin works. Enemy ecology is super weird and kinda cool, and given the armos literally cannot function without the Miniblin piloting it, I think that denotes some level of symbiosis.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, you didn't give us enough time to stop you for hearing it!

Probably don't want to sell that stone, though. It's useful for... stuff later, and a pain to get more.

Ah, Anouki and their logic puzzles. Never change. And by 'never change' I mean, 'please, please change'.

...I totally forgot that this guy was here. He's actually pretty challenging on the last hit if you're not used to the controls, because he's fast.

Yeeeeah, the sliding not working... very much going to come into play. Can confirm.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village

13. - Top - End - #103

All board, it's time for another Spirit Tracks.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [8] Ferrus Boiler's Day Off

Video Length: 22:58

In this episode, we discover- unsurprisingly- that the path to the Snow Temple is obscured by a horrible magic blizzard. The Anouki let us know that a youth who researches the Spirit Tracks likely knows how to get through it. We check out his home at the Wellspring Station, and find he's gone to take photos of the Dark Trains. After some futzing around on the tracks looking for him, we find the guy and learn how to get through to the Snow Temple. We then do so.

Yeah not a very eventful episode. This happens sometimes. Hope you all enjoyed though, I'll see you all next time!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

...I'm pretty sure he can tell what prize you won by the fact that he has to carry around a skull.
    (Or the fact that his employer says "hey, here's the 3rd place winner, here's the 2nd, here's the 1st...")

Don't worry too much about marking down which bunnies you've got or not, Zodi. I mentioned to you, I'm doing all that location work 100% for you.

Ah, yes. Tense dark train run away. It's times like that that I (and apparently nobody else) actually like the Dark Trains for. Means there's a little bit more tension. As opposed to... yeah, just drive to track location X.

The tracks that you're on in the blizzard are the direct conduit. They're the blue tracks once the power's restored, the ones that you see power surging along in the cutscene.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-12-06 at 04:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

This feels like a fine morning for a Zelda.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [9] Fraaz

Video Length: 28:31

In this exciting episode, we take on the Snow Temple! And while I don't really mention it in video since I'm just having a lot of fun with it, this dungeon is a wonderful example of iterative puzzle design! Now, there's really only the one critical path, no variety in what ways you CAN do the temple, but all the puzzles build off each other in a really interesting way. We've got the bells we need to collect, done through a series of ice pushing puzzles. We've got the fire and ice flame torches, interactable with the dungeon item; our fancy new boomerang. We've got increasingly harder challenges WITH those torches, culminating in a challenge were we've gotta hit multiple torches with different elements all at once, while staying within the length limit of the boomerang. It's all really cool!

Made even cooler by two facts. Firstly, the Whirlwind fan is still relevant for much of the dungeon! That's cool, and a little rare for this series. Secondly, the boss also uses those same mechanics the dungeon used. Fraaz requires being hit, sometimes multiple times, with the opposite element to whatever one he's currently preparing to spit out. It's a hectic, troublesome boss fight but it's one that really feels like a capstone to what the dungeon has been making you do in general. The Forest Temple kinda has that as well, with blowing the bomb larva at it and stuff, but it doesn't' quite have the same feel.

With Fraaz defeated, the Snow Force Gem is saved and another main line to the Spirit Tower is restored. Another chunk of building snaps into place, and our next destination is clear; next time, we return to the Tower of Spirits to climb it ever further. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

I just love love love all the boomerang puzzles in this game. Like, I feel like it's the item that's enhanced most by being Touchscreen. That and bombchus (which I don't recall if they're in this game, or just PH).

The snow on the ground in the Wolfos room was probably just for the Wolfos to properly be able to act in (given they pop out of/hide in snow). If you could get rid of it, it'd look a lot more awkward than them jumping out of an inch of snow.

I actually felt like that boss was decent in difficulty. It's not super easy to perpetually stunlock, and it uses a bunch of clever mechanics - and he actually destroys the things you use to hurt him after he realizes that.

If you'll notice, indeed, the track you took to get here were the sparkling ones on the map. And if you travel back along them, they should be blue.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village

17. - Top - End - #107

Posting this a little earlate because I definitely did not forget to edit this up due to being sick as ****.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [10] Darkness Mechanic

Video Length: 28:19

In this episode, we make our way out of the Snow Temple... after a surprisingly long amount of running around to get around the Dark Trains. How rude of them! We do end up getting a fair amount of rupees and a few bunnies for it though, so it's good. We also make our way over to a friendly face; Beedle and his Shop Ship. This time an airship, and surprisingly hard to dock with. He's more or less the same as he was in Phantom Hourglass, barring a few things we'll get into Later. We buy bombs from him, since in like half the Zelda game's bombs are just an item you stumble across in a store as opposed to being a dungeon item and that feels kinda weird to me.

With that all done we get back to the Tower of Spirits to get into our next chunk of tower... and it's a hell of a chunk! Welcome to awful darkness mechanics that, for the most part, actually make this worse than the Ocean King's Temple. The time limit and the harsh punishment of getting spotted and smacked, the horrifying length and constant repetition, it's all a lot. But is it worse than "here is an entire chunk of floors where you see basically nothing"? That's for you to decide. In my opinion it just barely does, after being reminded of it.

and that's the episode for todaynight. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. After that who knows I've been mainlining cough candies all day I might be dead by next week. I hate being sick. Take care.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

...was not expecting this to be up now, but I'll take it. Along with giving well-wishes of health.

So, uh, fun fact. Since Spirit Tracks was the first game that I ever played in the Zelda Series... that 'familiar face' was not at all familiar to me. I genuinely thought that was a penguin on the map, drifting across, and I was so completely confused.

...yep, I did the cannon shot the first time, too. Oops.

The postman gets paid by the stop, I see.

I actually really like these dark rooms. Mapping out your own stuff, choosing how much detail you need... though, the dark can be a little obnoxious at time. I do think it's done decently.

Fun fact, re: Zelda's Revenge. If you hit Zelda too often, she'll say some lines, and then eventually whack Link back. It's a fun little easter egg.

Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze

Also don't die. We can't pay you money or enjoy your company if you do that.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I've played about 99.9% of ST. Got to the final boss fight, but was having difficulty, and also remembered that from dialogue and glimpses into guides I knew there would be another of those song sequences after the fight, which I barely managed to squeak by one or two on my own (no joke, I'm in my 30's and I handed my 3DS to my sister to complete most of them because she's more musically inclined than me, which is a complete reversal given that I beat AoL for her back in the day), so yeah... I never finished it. Which makes 5 Zelda games I started but never finished; the other 4 are the original LoZ (I got stuck in one of the dungeons halfway through; I don't think I fared any better attempting to switch to the AQ either), OoA (I'm stuck on a minigame with the dinos where you have to do timed throws), HW:L (I know it's not canonical and is extremely different in gameplay, but I did want to at least try it and then I barely finished one level before I got distracted and haven't gone back), and Skyward Sword (where I managed to lock myself out of a Piece of Heart by getting the Triforce before I went back to the pit to get it and then it vanished off the face of proto-Hyrule, leaving me feeling disinclined to finish given my completionist nature). Those 4, combined with the games I have yet to play (MC, OoS, BotW, all the multiple Link games which I refuse to touch on principle), has been leaving me feeling incomplete... I need to get around to finishing all of them and get the ones I lack (I own OoS on my 3DS but haven't started it)...

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, since you're mentioning stuff from further into the game, would you mind spoilering it, please? It may not be much, but there are still people who don't know what's coming.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Feel better, Zodi!
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Feel better, Zodi!
    Thanks! I think the Weekend will help with my recovery. Fingers crossed.

23. - Top - End - #113

I'm feeling better, and a Zelda video appears. Funny how these things work.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [11] Take Em All Out

Video Length: 26:17

In this exciting episode, we have a... interesting time slicing our way through the rest of this chunk of the Tower of Spirit, and then get our next rail map. However, we won't be going to the new place juuust yet, we've got some minor clean up to do. Minor clean up that ends up taking up the rest of the video, as these things tend to do. We do some practice fighting with Guard Captain Russel, who as it turns out is another train term since the "Russel Car" is what Japan calls the Wedge Plow. Just a neat thing. We get a heart container from it, and that's the only thing of value this minigame has so we're never touching it again!

Then we do the minigame that names this video; Take Em All Out. Or is it Take Em All On, I literally don't remember anymore being sick sucks folks. Regardless it's a fun little challenge where we fight our way through a ton of enemies. All stuff we've handled before, since this first chamber is basically just all Dungeon 1 enemies. It ends with a boss refight, a rarity in the Zelda series! Our reward is, of course, another Heart Container. Heck yeah.

And that'll be it for today. I hope you all enjoyed. Bit a lowkey episode today, but I was sick it's how these things go. Take care!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Train of Thoughts (6)
    Show
    Onwards, to further Zeldas!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [6] Rabbitland Rescue

Video Length: 23:18

In this exciting episode of Spirit Tracks, we prepare to leave the Spirit Tower... only to be horribly menaced by boars in a very clear and present attempt to tell us we really, truly have to go do this plot thing or we'll die. This is a conflicting thing for me because on the one hand, we do NEED the thing it's telling us to go do, both to defend ourselves and just progress in general. And if we went all the way to the edge of this realm to find that we needed to choo choo all the back... that would be bad. But ruthlessly beating the crap out of you is probably not great design either. At any rate, we return to Castle Town and pick up Alfonzo, who is ready to go back to Abode Village.

Once back home, we're given the cannon for our train so we can defend ourselves, and Grandpa Niko gives us his stamp book. Now, he never managed to get the stamp machines to STAMP anything, in his youth, so I have no idea how he knew what these things were, but hey it's a game long side quest. Let's get it done! And we do so, revisiting all the areas related to the Forest Temple and getting them stamped (plus some treasure chests and loot on the side). Then we're off... only to encounter a second game long side quest; Rabbitland! The... odd fellow who runs the place gives us our bunny catching net and tells us to go forth and catch bunnies so that we may frolic in peace. We'll attend to this as we can.

And that's... basically it. We end off this episode in the land of the Anouki once more. I'm curious if they'll have any fun puzzles with horrible punishments like last time, because I truly genuinely do not remember. This is one of the fun parts about playing a game I played and beat once long ago; I remember just enough to not be blind, but I forget so much details it may as well be blind. It rules.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed. I'll see you all next time for... snow. More snow.

Aboda, as in Abode. :D

All this talk about being a good conductor, narrowly avoiding oncoming trains, and you smash into the station anyway.

Those stamps are hella stylish.

I woooooondered what the title was referencing. Interesting...

EPISODE 6 KILL TALLY!

Snurgle - 1
    Red Spinenut - 2
    Skultula - 4
    Bulbos - 4

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0 (x6 combo!)

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 6)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 4
    Bulbos - 4
    Chuchu, Red - 12
    Crows - 1
    Geozard - 1
    Keese - 7
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Rats - 4
    Phantoms - 2
    Skultula - 4
    Snurgle - 1

Insects
    Bee Hives - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1
    Blastworms - 22
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 26
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 66

1st Place - Red Spinenuts, at 26!

Total Style Points - 0

Total Missed Rupees - 0
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

25. - Top - End - #115

Running my dumbass into the station wall because I was distracted at how cool I am is peak Zodi.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Train of Thoughts (7)
    Show
    Stop me if you heard this one before; what if we did a new Zelda today.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [7] Mr Big Deal

Video Length: 30:27

In this episode, we are forced to interact with the Anouki once again! In Phantom Hourglass they were quite a hassle, and here... not as much, but still pretty silly. On the plus side, the puzzle they ask us to do is actually pretty easy and has some visual aids to help with it. It's cool and I like it. After matching up all the Anouki into combat pairs (and helping defeat a few enemies around the village) we're given the go-ahead to head to the Snow Sanctuary, through a scary ice cave. The ice cave in question has a monsterous miniboss in it, though it's rather easy all things considered. The double-edged sword of Train Combat is that there's only so much you can do with it.

With that done we make our way through the Snow Sanctuary, up to where Steem is. We cut our way through wolves and Ice Chu's, and have to solve a puzzle that... honestly feels broken and weird, and then finally meet our Lokomo friend. And then... it is flute time. Oh is it ever flute time. The flute has some issues in this episode, some of which I manage to find a solution for; the microphone is actually off set to the right on the 3DS I'm using to record, like the original DS's... but in the bottom right of the system, instead of the top right corner of the bottom. Which means nine times out of ten a hand will end up blocking it. So yeah, I manage to beat this one, but not without some frustration. And we're not even at the hardest one yet...

Regardless, the rail map is energized and the path to the Snow Temple is clear. Aside from the horrible blizzard surrounding it. Hope you all enjoyed, next time we take on a new dungeon!

Interestingly enough, the pairings resemble a train track...

Rocktite! But it didn't jump! Anyway, no hit kill on the miniboss...also, I'm retro actively giving you a style point for the lost woods stuff because it was HILARIOUS and it still makes me laugh. so +2 STYLEPOINTS!!!

Steem is not a lunatic! He's got a loco-motive though... UGH that frantic frustration flute.

EPISODE 7 KILL TALLY!

Ice Chuchu - 5
    White Wolfos - 8
    Bulbos - 2
    Rocktite - 1

Style Points - 2

Missed Rupees - 0 (x7 combo!)

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 7)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 4
    Bulbos - 6
    Crows - 1
    Geozard - 1
    Keese - 7
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Rats - 4
    Rocktite - 1
    Phantoms - 2
    Skultula - 4
    Snurgle - 1
    Wolfos, White - 8

Bugs
    Bee Hives - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1
    Blastworms - 22
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 12
    Chuchus, Ice - 5

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 26
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 82

1st Place - Red Spinenuts, at 26!

Total Style Points - 2

Total Missed Rupees - 0
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2019-12-23 at 12:16 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #117

Yeah I got some other choice f words for the Spirit Flute I tell you what.

Also hell yeah, style~

I never realized that the pairings formed a train track. That's... actually pretty great.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, yeah, if you absolutely loathe darkness mechanics... this is probably not the game for you. There's a decent amount of it.

I think you got everything on that floor? There might be one missed bombable wall, but that might be later.

Sadly, no way to do the tower of spirits out of order. Just Zelda being sassy.

Anyways, I definitely feel like I'm enjoying this all more than you are, oops.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze

29. - Top - End - #119

Hey, what if we did some more Zelda. That'd be fun right?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [12] Pass-Enger

Video Length: 28:07

In this one, we finally make our way to the bridge to the Ocean Realm... unsurprisingly it is broken and in need of some fixing. Thankfully, the owner of the nearby Trade Store knows exactly who can help us... though of course we already do as well. But it takes the return of a fan beloved character('s grandson) to save the day! Unfortunately this is basically all he does, beyond serving as a shop once this whole mess is dealt with. We'll go over what Linebeck the Third does once he does so.

But yeah, we need to get the bridge builder, and get him we do. It's time for the minigame I thought we had to do with Alfonzo! Transporting passengers requires strict adherence to rail signs, and a general level of competency when it comes to parking the train. I've been trying to practice this, but it appears I forgot you can't emergency break with a passenger because they'll get hurt. Now, I don't actually KNOW what happens if the passenger jumps out of the train and yells a bunch at you, but presumably it makes you restart the minigame? Which is uh... bad, for a number of reasons. Also during this minigame we open up our first star gate, quite conveniently since I had forgotten where the first gate even was!

Unfortunately... it'll take 5000 rupees to get this bridge fixed. And good ole Linebeck the Third has put the bill entirely on our foot. Great. Thankfully, OUR Linebeck left a fun little treasure hunt to find a Regal Ring that will give us the big bucks when sold... to Linebeck, the man who needs to give the money over. This damned monster of a man I just noticed that discrepancy HERE, as I write this. Good lord. I hate Linebeck the third since he's all of the bad qualities of Linebeck without any of the good, or the opportunity to learn those good.

At any rate, with trusty clues in hand we head off to find the buried treasure. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time! Take care!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

A note that you should probably look at that pond of water in the top-left of Anouki village. There's a thing there, now that you've cleared Snow Temple, IIRC. Also 6 Rabbits is enough for the first Rabbitland Rescue prize (you need 5).

Also, I know you wanted to gather collectibles, but I do think the intended route to get bridgebuilder was back through Spirit Tower. Would have shaved off a lot of distance. And I am 99% sure (and what I can read on the internet supports this) that you can take passengers through the Tower. Doesn't help you now, but...

So, passenger mechanics: Your passengers have 3 moods, displayed above the car. Happy, neutral, sad. If you make a mistake (or let the train get hit), the mood goes down 1. If you follow the signs, the mood goes up 1. If it goes down one at red/sad, only then will the passenger exit, yell at you, and walk back to the start (...even if the end is closer). The mood matters zero for what happens at the final destination. So... as long as you ain't at red, feel free to slam on the breaks at the station.

The nice things about gates is you can choose which way you can go when you come out, and you'll auto-flip that way. (For marking, I might suggest marking them down in letter sets, rather than drawings. But, whatever helps you remember.)

I've got more to comment on re: Linebeck III and some interesting things about this quest that I found during my experiences... but those can wait until we've actually finished up here.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue

But, just to note, your Writeup says the Ring is sold to Linebeck to procure the money - it is not. It is worth that much, and he intends to sell it himself to gather up the dough.