New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Attempting to pre-order the PDF, I get an error message that "your card was not charged, please contact Gumroad". Does this work for other people?
    My guess is either a typo in the card number, or a problem with the card itself. I would try re-typing the card number first; if that doesn't work, try contacting the bank that issued the card.

I had a similar issue years ago with an OOTS item and it was because the bank did not recognize the vendor (Ookoodook, in my case). They halted the purchase until I confirmed that yes, I was in fact ordering a stick figure comic book for myself. So I would contact your bank if you continue to have issues.
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-12-01 at 11:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    I had a similar issue years ago with an OOTS item and it was because the bank did not recognize the vendor (Ookoodook, in my case). They halted the purchase until I confirmed that yes, I was in fact ordering a stick figure comic book for myself.
    Although my card issuer will actually send me a message in the event of them blocking a transaction like that, they won't wait for me to call them.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Although my card issuer will actually send me a message in the event of them blocking a transaction like that, they won't wait for me to call them.
    I've had my bank stuff compromised in the past, so I have added protections on my particular account. It's normally not an issue, but sometimes when I go through lesser-known vendors for niche items the purchase gets flagged. I personally prefer that over losing a lot of money again.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    My guess is either a typo in the card number, or a problem with the card itself.
    Oh actually, I was using paypal instead of a credit card. You're not the only one with experience losing lots of money from using a credit card online...
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Oh actually, I was using paypal instead of a credit card. You're not the only one with experience losing lots of money from using a credit card online...
    In that case, it's Redcloak's niece who prevented the transaction from going through!

6. - Top - End - #126

BardGuy

Has anyone received the book yet?

7. - Top - End - #127

Mine arrived yesterday.

I also had a huge allergy attack last night while reading it. :(
    Last edited by Sky_Schemer; 2019-12-06 at 05:05 PM.
    If you can read this you are too close.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

I received it just now! Woohoo!!

9. - Top - End - #129

BardGuy

Did either of you get a shipping notification?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzclowningham View Post
    Did either of you get a shipping notification?
    I did. Tracking number and all.

11. - Top - End - #131

BlackDragon

What about the ones who are getting the lower rate shipping to Canada and Europe? Anyone got one of those yet?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    What about the ones who are getting the lower rate shipping to Canada and Europe? Anyone got one of those yet?
    Not yet, but I also ordered the calendar, so I don't expect mine for another week or two.
    Author of The Armadillo Mysteries.
    The City of Smoke & Mirrors and The Dame was a Tad Polish are available to buy on Amazon!
    (Yes, this is shameless self-promoting, but really, is there any OTHER type of self-promoting?)
    Blog
    Twitter

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Mine hasn’t been shipped yet, but I’m guessing that’s because I also pre-ordered the calendar. I don’t really mind when it ships though, since it’s not going to my dorm so I can’t read it for a several days anyway.

Peelee’s Lotsey

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently mine got to a local post office this morning but was returned to the sender because they put a nonexistent address on it...
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Mine hasn’t been shipped yet, but I’m guessing that’s because I also pre-ordered the calendar. I don’t really mind when it ships though, since it’s not going to my dorm so I can’t read it for a several days anyway.
    Yeah, I haven't gotten a notification either and I'm guessing that's why. Hoping it arrives before I leave for the holidays on Thursday, but if it hasn't shipped yet, I don't love my chances.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

I ordered only the book and I haven't received shipping confirmation notice just yet either. Not that I'm worried about it or anything (I still have my confirmation email from the order and the link still says I'll receive notice when it ships, so everything looks fine), but FYI.

(I sent in the order on September 9th.)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

It arrived, and I read it pretty much straight through.

Great story, Giant!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

I received the book a couple of days ago, but there has not been a shipping notice for the calendar yet. They were separate as I ordered the calendar later on.
    I has Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

An update on the calendar:

The calendar printer failed to meet it's deadline for no apparent reason that anyone can explain to me. It was supposed to ship last Tuesday, and now it's 6 days late. I've been trying to force them to upgrade me to overnight shipping to make up some of the lost time, but the upshot one way or the other is that Ookoodook doesn't have the calendar yet, and won't have it until tomorrow at the very earliest (but probably not for a few more days).

So if you ordered a calendar, your package won't have shipped yet. Also, if you took advantage of the lower shipping rate to Europe or Canada, I'm sorry to say that the bulk shipments haven't left the US yet because obviously they need the calendars, too—so your package is unfortunately delayed even if you didn't order the calendar.

Orders with just the book that also did not use the reduced shipping option should already be shipping. This is the vast lion's share of orders, though, so there are a lot for them to pack and get out the door.

I'll post more information when I have it, probably after I've yelled at a few more people.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

20. - Top - End - #140

BlackDragon

Thanks for letting us know, Giant, I'm sure we'll be able to hold on for a few extra days.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

So is everybody getting their books even in Europe?

I ordered two units of book 6 on October 3rd (and no calendar) to be shipped to Spain, and still haven't been notified about shipping.

22. - Top - End - #142

I just addressed this:

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, if you took advantage of the lower shipping rate to Europe or Canada, I'm sorry to say that the bulk shipments haven't left the US yet because obviously they need the calendars, too—so your package is unfortunately delayed even if you didn't order the calendar.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Thanks Rich, I didn't pay much attention to your post because it started with "An update on the calendar:", which I didn't order. Now it's clear.

No hurries, when it arrives, it arrives :)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, at least everyone’s order is screwed up, not just mine! Thanks for the update; I’m sorry that events have conspired against you and hope you don’t have to yell at too many people.

Peelee’s Lotsey

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a little bit of a bummer (and I'm definitely not getting mine before I leave for the holidays), but hey, the PDF still arrives tomorrow!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Are the PDFs of calendars from previous years (2018 and 2019) going to go up for sale soon? I think Rich mentioned that he was planning to bundle them.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hi,

So, is the issue with the printer the reason physical calendars can't be ordered now? The page won't let me select the calendar but the words 'sold out' are so faint that it looks like an unselected button. Or is it just too late to buy one?

Thanks.

28. - Top - End - #148

Well, the printer emailed me to say the calendars shipped last night, but didn't tell me whether they gave me overnight shipping (and the tracking number they gave me isn't working). So who knows? They may arrive as early as today or as late as Thursday (or later, if they're lying about having already shipped).

Quote Originally Posted by Archena View Post
    So, is the issue with the printer the reason physical calendars can't be ordered now? The page won't let me select the calendar but the words 'sold out' are so faint that it looks like an unselected button. Or is it just too late to buy one?
    No, the reason you can't order a physical calendar is that we sold out. That is, we placed the order two weeks ago for quantity X, and between that time and now the number of orders reached that quantity. I don't know why the Sold Out banner is so faint like that, it's probably a holdover from another site design scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEowyn View Post
    Are the PDFs of calendars from previous years (2018 and 2019) going to go up for sale soon? I think Rich mentioned that he was planning to bundle them.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll work on that this morning, should be there before noon when the new PDFs drop.

EDIT: The old calendar bundles are now active. You can get them here (for the 2014-2017 bundle) and here (for the 2018-2019 bundle).
    Rich Burlew

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Well, the printer emailed me to say the calendars shipped last night, but didn't tell me whether they gave me overnight shipping (and the tracking number they gave me isn't working). So who knows? They may arrive as early as today or as late as Thursday (or later, if they're lying about having already shipped).

No, the reason you can't order a physical calendar is that we sold out. That is, we placed the order two weeks ago for quantity X, and between that time and now the number of orders reached that quantity. I don't know why the Sold Out banner is so faint like that, it's probably a holdover from another site design scheme.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll work on that this morning, should be there before noon when the new PDFs drop.

EDIT: The old calendar bundles are now active. You can get them here (for the 2014-2017 bundle) and here (for the 2018-2019 bundle).
    Out of sheer curiosity, is this the usual printer you do business with? That's a pretty big deal when they can't even give you a straight answer on why the delay occurred.

Regardless, I hope the situation is now resolved!
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-12-10 at 10:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

It's the printer I usually use for the calendars, not for the books. The book printer is not cost-effective for a run as short as the calendars end up being, so I use a place with better short run pricing. They have dropped the ball before on getting things done on time, but never in such a way as they wouldn't even tell me what was going on. My suspicion is that they took on too many jobs and don't want me to know that they intentionally backburnered my relatively small job to get someone else's larger one done.

Almost certainly the last time I'm using them. We'll see if that means no calendar next year, or if I find a comparable alternative printer.
    Rich Burlew