New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Warframe in the Playground Thread 4: Rotation C

The Tenno.

An ancient warrior caste, who fought together to bring an end to the tyrannical Orokin Empire.

Then, they left. Forgotten, like a dream.

For generations they've slept. No purpose, no call to wake them.

But now the the Grineer and the Corpus wage war across the Solar system, swallowing whole colonies in their fight for dominance over the Orokin ruins of the Old War.

But there's still... hope.

Wake up Tenno.

Wake up.

This is the GitP thread for Warframe, a free-to-play, third person, PVE, MMO-looter-shooter with an advanced parkour based movement system, wherein you take the role of a newly awakened Tenno, a space cyborg ninja from the ancient Orokin Empire.

Clad in the Warframe battle armour and under the guidance of the Lotus, you attempt to keep balance in the solar system between the Grineer Empire and the Corpus corporate conglomerate as the two factions fight for supremacy and the technological treasures from the remnants of the Orokin Empire.

The game is fairly impenetrable for new players without patience, use of the wiki and/or someone to lend you a hand, so here are some useful links:

• Warframe Wiki; full of details (and spoilers), but a bit vague on direction.
    • The Warframe Handbook; a home made and far more new Tenno-friendly guide to the Solar System.
    • Referral program: If you'd like a bit of a boost starting out, there is a referral program where if you sign up using an existing player's referral, both you and they get some extras freebies.

If you simply need a quick answer to a question, or are looking for a squad or need a Clan to join, there are plenty of active Tenno in The Playground who can guide you:

Spoiler: PC Tenno
    Show
    GitP Username Warframe ID Clan Name
    AmberVael AmberVael -
    Archpaladin Zousha Galoain The Lionguard
    Brother Oni BrotherOni Black Lotus
    FireJustice FireJustice SomethingWeabu no Tenno
    Grif Grifen88 -
    IFenrys Fenrys Consortium of Shadow
    Lethologica Lethal_Logic Eidolon Memorial
    mangosta71 Thasaidon -
    McDouggal McDouggal Space Ninjas of Love
    NeoVid TheNeoVid Soldiers of Cthulhu
    Recaiden Recaiden -
    thatSeniorGuy thatSeniorGuy Void Zeroes
    Toastkart Toastkart King Ghidorah
    Tome TamsinPrime -
    Wraith TheInfernalContraption The Lionguard

Spoiler: XBox One Tenno
    Show
    Beowulf DW MechaBeowulf DW -
    Squark Sir Dwar -

Spoiler: PS4 Tenno
    Show

Spoiler: NinTenno (Nintento Switch)
    Show

If you wish to be added to the list of active players, please feel free to add your details in the thread and it will be added to the OP.

PLEASE NOTE: that we try to keep the thread SPOILER FREE regarding missions and lore, so if you want to know about the Quests or the "5th Ability" then please be considerate and do so within spoiler tags.

FREE STUFF! In your Landing Craft, go to the Market Screen and look in the bottom right for the button marked "REDEEM CODE". Once open, type in the code to receive a free gift.
    Spoiler: Codes
    Show

Items
    None currently available

Glyph Codes:
    ADMIRALBAHROO
    BRICKY
    BROZIME
    BWANA
    CHAR
    COHHCARNAGE
    DEEJAYKNIGHT
    DIMITRIV2
    DJTECHLIVE
    DKDIAMANTES
    FROZENBALLZ
    GRINDHARDSQUAD
    HOMIINVOCADO
    INEXPENSIVEGAMER
    JOEYZERO
    LEYZARGAMINGVIEWS
    LILLEXI
    LYNXARIA
    MAKARIMORPH
    MCGAMERCZ
    MIKETHEBARD
    MOGAMU
    ORIGINALWICKEDFUN
    PROFESSORBROMAN
    r/Warframe
    SHUL
    SKILLUP
    STRIPPIN
    TACTICALPOTATO
    TEAWREX
    TOTALN3WB
    TRIBUROS
    UNREALYUKI
    WANDERBOTS

Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-01-20 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Clan names updated

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Back to the topic of the hour, Riven mods are the reason my most-used weapon is Vulkar Wraith. I have a Riven that gives massive bonuses to Impact (which is 90% of the Vulkar's damage), overall damage, and multishot at the expense of a hit to status chance. Gotta love that max disposition. Mod it for max headshot damage and put it in Ivara's hands, wait for your shots, and watch skulls disintegrate.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I see! How do you GET Rivens?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Rivens are occasionally available from alerts after devstreams or other events, but they're primarily rewarded from sorties, which are unlocked after completing the War Within quest.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

In other words: random drops from a daily quest, or from monthly (more or less) special events.

You then have to equip the Riven to a weapon like a mod - Primary, Secondary, Melee, it'll tell you which it wants - and complete a specific task while carrying that weapon.
    That can be anything from a simple "Get 20 headshots in 1 mission" up to the absurd like "Complete a level 30 Interception mission, solo, while equipped with an item that forces you to have 0 shields" or some such. If you can complete that task, the Riven's random stats will be rolled and you'll be told what it does; the more obscure the weapon that you equip it to in order to unlock it, the more likely you are to get good randomly generated stats.

In my experience, they're not worth worrying about unless you get a really REALLY good one, which is less than 1% of the time. That number is purely anecdotal, but I've spent so much time unlocking Rivens in increasingly obtuse ways and getting crap for my effort that I've more or less given up unlocking them at all, unless it's an astoundingly easy one to do.

Quick question for the rest of the Playground Tenno; what is the "best" (take that however you wish) Amp to build for someone who doesn't want to spent time building Amps? I dislike Spoiler Mode and never use it unless I'm forced to, so if I can put together one good Amp and make it as painless as possible, then I would appreciate any recommendations.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    In other words: random drops from a daily quest, or from monthly (more or less) special events.

You then have to equip the Riven to a weapon like a mod - Primary, Secondary, Melee, it'll tell you which it wants - and complete a specific task while carrying that weapon.
    That can be anything from a simple "Get 20 headshots in 1 mission" up to the absurd like "Complete a level 30 Interception mission, solo, while equipped with an item that forces you to have 0 shields" or some such. If you can complete that task, the Riven's random stats will be rolled and you'll be told what it does; the more obscure the weapon that you equip it to in order to unlock it, the more likely you are to get good randomly generated stats.

In my experience, they're not worth worrying about unless you get a really REALLY good one, which is less than 1% of the time. That number is purely anecdotal, but I've spent so much time unlocking Rivens in increasingly obtuse ways and getting crap for my effort that I've more or less given up unlocking them at all, unless it's an astoundingly easy one to do.

Quick question for the rest of the Playground Tenno; what is the "best" (take that however you wish) Amp to build for someone who doesn't want to spent time building Amps? I dislike Spoiler Mode and never use it unless I'm forced to, so if I can put together one good Amp and make it as painless as possible, then I would appreciate any recommendations.
    For the weapon parts, you want the second ones you unlock from the quills. The Arca Plasmor like primary fire is good for pick-up-groups and killing vomvalysts, and the secondary can be force multiplied to stupid levels with the right setup for eidilon hunts. For the final piece (brace, I think) you want the third from Cetus (+Crit, +Status), or the third from Fortuna (+ even more crit) if you're far enough through Vox Solaris.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Had a really rough fight with my most recent lich. I've fought other radiation liches before, but this one just owned me over and over again. She'd teleport me, knock me down, then teleport behind me and one shot me. over and over again. It was so satisfying to dispatch her finally. Now I have a tonkor. Ho. Ho. Ho.

I was just thinking too, I never had my info added to the first post. I'm Toastkart on pc, clan King Ghidorah, I tend to be on in the evenings EST if anyone wants to hang out or needs help.

If you can complete that task, the Riven's random stats will be rolled and you'll be told what it does; the more obscure the weapon that you equip it to in order to unlock it, the more likely you are to get good randomly generated stats.
    To add to this, the weapon the riven is for isn't rolled until you complete the unveiling task. So if you get a riven and it sits in your inventory for a month and they release a new weapon, you could get the riven for that new weapon even though you got the riven itself before the weapon was released.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It's been a long time since I've even gotten a riven, even though I run 2-3 sorties a week. I used to run more often but I stopped getting them dropped. For some reason most of my rivens are killing dargyn's or dargyn pilots in weird and tricky ways.

I do have a riven for many of my most used weapons, but with the exception of one or two, they're nice bonuses rather than what people would call a godroll and then sell for 1-2k plat.

Schwaak is generally considered the best prism. For brace, I prefer faster energy recharge and there are a couple different ones that do that, but Squark's recommendation for higher crit is also a good choice. For the scaffold, I would say in your particular case it doesn't really matter, as it sets your secondary fire. I'd go for something explosive on the off chance you want to use it.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Updated the intro post and have added Toastkart.

Any comments or anything I missed?

Note that locked (Veiled) rivens are a fairly quick moving item and sell for decent plat if you can't be bothered (or risk the drop in value) by unveiling them.

Depends on what you want to use them for.

Eidolon Hunting is usually Scaffold based (using the alt fire), and the Shraksun (second Cetus Scaffold) is regarded as king. The Prism doesn't matter here, and for the Brace, you want either Lohrin (third Cetus Brace) for crit chance or Certus (third Fortuna Brace) for even more crit chance.

For general use, further to the other suggestions, I like the Cantic Prism (first Fortuna Prism), any Scaffold and the Certus Brace. The three round burst combined with Virtuous Strike (increased crit damage on critical) or Virtuous Shadow (increased crit chance on headshot) makes my amp almost as dangerous as any Warframe weapon.

As Squark mentioned, the Certus Brace takes a while to get though, so for a quick and painless Amp , Schwaak Prism-Any Scaffold-Lohrin Brace (otherwise known as a 2X3 Amp)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I'll add that there's another way to get Rivens that hasn't been mentioned. With the introduction of Requiem Relics, you can now collect 10 riven slivers from cracking Requiem Relics and make a riven out of that. Not sure I recommend that method, mind, but its there, and probably the most reliable method to acquire them now. Time consuming though.

That can be anything from a simple "Get 20 headshots in 1 mission" up to the absurd like "Complete a level 30 Interception mission, solo, while equipped with an item that forces you to have 0 shields" or some such.
    Rivens can get some wild unlocks, but absurd is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. Like Toastkart I've run into a lot of darygyn based unlocks, and I hate them. By contrast, if I got the suggested solo shieldless intercept I wouldn't even bat an eye at it. That's practically the norm for me, as I favor Valkyr and do most missions solo. In short, if you have trouble with unlocking a riven, it might be worth asking for help or advice - a different perspective can make a seemingly difficult challenge simple.

If you can complete that task, the Riven's random stats will be rolled and you'll be told what it does; the more obscure the weapon that you equip it to in order to unlock it, the more likely you are to get good randomly generated stats.
    To clarify this, every weapon has a "Riven Disposition," set by the developers based on their perception of weapon power and popularity. The stats a Riven mod has are multiplied by this number. So, a powerful/popular weapon will have a low disposition, while a less popular weapon will have a high one. But the exact numbers and ratings are not always what you might expect.

Meanwhile, I've gotten a couple of rivens that are gamechangers, and even before them they were well worth using. Admittedly, I've sunk some kuva and time into rerolling - if you just take what you get out of the box, they're likely to be unimpressive.
    Of course, my strategy has also been to sell my veiled rivens and just straight up buy rivens for the weapons I want (buying unrolled but cheap rivens, then rolling them myself for something worthwhile, to minimize costs).

I'll second what most everyone else has said. I'm running with a Schwaak - Shraksun - Lohrin amp. It wasn't too hard to make, and its been quite serviceable.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-09 at 05:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna ask another basic n00b question:

What are the ins and outs of Forma and potatoes? I know the basics, that the different potatoes double the number of mod slots in an item (Adirondack blues for weapons and Yukon gold for warframes), and Forma adds a polarity to it (and Nightwave gives you a unique Umbra Forma that can basically make your regular warframe like EU, but I didn't get into the game until Intermission II, which we're currently in, so I've missed out on that), that it's a good idea to wait until your item is ranked to 30 to do all this, and that "if you have the plat, buy the taters," but that's about it.

Does it matter what order I put things in, or should I only Forma AFTER Potato? How does the Forma decide which polarity it adds?

Now that my Excalibur is max rank, I imagine it's time to start thinking about these things...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

11. - Top - End - #11

NecromancerGirl

I would say only add a potato to something you plan on forma-ing. You choose which slot and which polarity at the time you add a forma, which resets the rank of the weapon/frame to 0 and you have to level it to 30 again before you can add another. I wouldn't worry too much about umbra forma at this point. Their only real use is to more easily add the umbral mods to other frames/weapons than excal umbra. You only get those mods from the quest that gives you excal umbra and they're obvious power creep mods. I almost have the umbra forma from the intermission, but I have no plans to use it, just like I haven't used any of the previous ones I've gotten.

Once you've put a forma on something, you can swap the polarity slot positions around freely, which can be helpful because of the mod order of elemental combinations and in the case of companions, mod order has some factor in priority of use.

There's also aura forma available, which let you use any aura mod in and get the full bonus from it. So far I've only found it useful on Nekros and Excalibur, who don't have a polarity by default. There are only three aura mods that I find myself using in any case, which are corrosive projection, rejuvenation, and growing power, which means that I slot whichever of those matches the polarity of the frames' default most of the time.

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

How do I know what order to put mods in? This feels all very complicated!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna ask another basic n00b question:

What are the ins and outs of Forma and potatoes? I know the basics, that the different potatoes double the number of mod slots in an item (Adirondack blues for weapons and Yukon gold for warframes), and Forma adds a polarity to it (and Nightwave gives you a unique Umbra Forma that can basically make your regular warframe like EU, but I didn't get into the game until Intermission II, which we're currently in, so I've missed out on that), that it's a good idea to wait until your item is ranked to 30 to do all this, and that "if you have the plat, buy the taters," but that's about it.
    To be precise, Orokin Catalysts/Reactors double the capacity of the weapon/warframe, not the number of slots. So they let you apply mods with more drain, not more mods overall.

If you plan to install a potato, there's no reason to wait until rank 30 to do it. In fact, applying it earlier is better - it'll be a lot easier to work with and rank up the item in question if you have double the capacity. Forma, on the other hand, can only be applied to rank 30 items, and applying forma resets the rank of the item to 0, meaning you have to rank it up all over again.

Does it matter what order I put things in, or should I only Forma AFTER Potato?
    Order doesn't really matter, but there's no reason to wait on potatoes other than being certain its a good use of it (since potatoes are an uncommon resource). Forma is more readily available and so can be used more freely, but also has much less effect and does require time investment.

How does the Forma decide which polarity it adds?
    When you use Forma, you get to place a polarity of your choosing. A screen will come up that shows all the mod slots, you click on one to give it a polarity, and each click will rotate through the different polarities available.

How do I know what order to put mods in? This feels all very complicated!
    Mod order is largely irrelevant, so don't worry about it. The only time it matters is when you're adding elemental damage, as elemental damage types combine left to right, top to bottom - so changing their order can change what damage types you deal.
    Edit: Also with pet precepts. Basically if a pet mod dictates an action (like who to attack, or some special action) the order the mods are in determine what priority they take those actions in.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-10 at 02:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    If you plan to install a potato, there's no reason to wait until rank 30 to do it. In fact, applying it earlier is better - it'll be a lot easier to work with and rank up the item in question if you have double the capacity. Forma, on the other hand, can only be applied to rank 30 items, and applying forma resets the rank of the item to 0, meaning you have to rank it up all over again.

Order doesn't really matter, but there's no reason to wait on potatoes other than being certain its a good use of it (since potatoes are an uncommon resource). Forma is more readily available and so can be used more freely, but also has much less effect and does require time investment.
    Also, an item can only be affected by a single catalyst/reactor, while the number of times you can put forma on something isn't limited. If you look at builds for items on the wiki, they all assume that you've slapped a "potato" into it and will usually specify how many times forma has been applied. Some builds take a lot. I was running with 5 in my Vulkar Wraith until they added weapon exilus slots; I had to bring it up to 7 to have enough capacity for my current setup.

Also note that once you've applied a forma, you can swap the order of polarities in your item around at any time from your arsenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Mod order is largely irrelevant, so don't worry about it. The only time it matters is when you're adding elemental damage, as elemental damage types combine left to right, top to bottom - so changing their order can change what damage types you deal.
    Edit: Also with pet precepts. Basically if a pet mod dictates an action (like who to attack, or some special action) the order the mods are in determine what priority they take those actions in.
    If you're not used to combining elemental damage types, they're as follows:
    heat + cold = blast (knockdown)
    heat + electric = radiation (confusion)
    heat + toxin = gas (damage over time)
    cold + electric = magnetic (- shields)
    cold + toxin = viral (- hp)
    electric + toxin = corrosive (- armor)

Different units have different resistances to the various damage types. In general radiation and corrosive are good against Grineer, magnetic is good against Corpus, gas is good against Infested, and viral is good against anything with lots of hp (heavy Grineer units like heavy gunners, bombards, and noxes, Corpus techs, ancient Infested, etc.). Blast is amusing crowd control against pretty much everything, too.

Also keep in mind that most bosses are immune to status effects.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    I do have a riven for many of my most used weapons, but with the exception of one or two, they're nice bonuses rather than what people would call a godroll and then sell for 1-2k plat.
    How do you tell how valuable a Riven is to sell? What's the general rule of thumb for whether one is valuable and may be worth selling or whether it's just not worth the hassle and you may as well keep it as a cool extra.

16. - Top - End - #16

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    How do you tell how valuable a Riven is to sell? What's the general rule of thumb for whether one is valuable and may be worth selling or whether it's just not worth the hassle and you may as well keep it as a cool extra.
    It largely depends on the weapon itself. What's popular and has a good disposition? Those will sell well. I had a lanka riven that didn't really have good stats, but I still sold it for 300 plat because I hadn't rolled it. A good lanka riven could go for anywhere between 800 and 2k plat, it just depends. As for stats, +damage, +multishot, +crit damage, and +crit chance seem to be the top sellers. +status chance usually doesn't seem to be as useful both because it's capped at 100% unlike crit chance and it's much easier to get than crit chance.

There is no good rule of thumb, though. In a player driven market like this it's a matter of finding out what someone will spend. Although in my experience warframe players aren't really willing to haggle. Case in point, I still have maiming strike that I got from the last time the acolytes showed up. It used to be a 1k to 1.5k plat mod, but I can't get anyone willing to pay 325 for it now, or even attempt to negotiate with that as a starting point. I still see plenty of spin to win players out there, but I would guess that at this point they all have it already.
    Last edited by Toastkart; 2019-12-10 at 05:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Pricing rivens is super tricky, but here are a few keys.

1) How popular/competitive is the weapon? If you've got a riven for a popular or top tier weapon, you'll be able to sell it and get a decent price, regardless of its stats. Someone will buy it just to try and reroll it, either to get a good riven for themselves, or to try and resell it. If you have a riven for an unpopular weapon, the market may be pretty slim.
    2) Does it have good positives? Generally, the high value positives are: Multishot, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Damage. Elemental damage is okay. Of course, the best stats can change from weapon to weapon.
    3) Does it have negatives, and what are they? The best rivens do have negatives, because having a negative means your positive stats are higher. However, for this to be worth it, the negative needs to be to the right stat. A negative Zoom is often considered a good thing, for example, a negative to impact, puncture, or slash can have no effect on a weapon if it doesn't do that kind of damage. If the negative is to a major stat like damage though, its a serious downgrade.

Exact pricing requires market research. I recommend looking at Semlar's Riven Pricing which has a history of riven trades, so you can see exactly what has been sold and for how much. Riven Market also has a large, searchable list of rivens for sale which can help you get an idea of it.

Note, if you want to make reliable money off of rivens, just sell them veiled. Its super easy to find a buyer for veiled rivens, and it can net you decent amounts of platinum.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-10 at 05:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Ultimately the price of a riven is what someone is prepared to pay for it ~ combine the factors above and list it at what price you would reasonably pay and if it doesn't sell incrementally scale it down over time till you reach them minimum you would want to sell it for then reset.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

To find out what people are actually paying for everything other than Riven mods, go to Warframe.Market and check the prices posted by people who are Currently Online.

To find out what people are actually paying for Rivens on average, look at the official weekly logs of trade prices.

Even with that, Riven trading is still mostly guesswork and desperately trying to find someone willing to pay what the riven is supposedly worth, so don't stress over Riven trading too much, as it's the easiest thing to get stressed about in this whole game.

By the way, I still need to be added to the list of PC Tenno. I'm TheNeoVid in game, part of clan VGO.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Different units have different resistances to the various damage types. In general radiation and corrosive are good against Grineer, magnetic is good against Corpus, gas is good against Infested, and viral is good against anything with lots of hp (heavy Grineer units like heavy gunners, bombards, and noxes, Corpus techs, ancient Infested, etc.). Blast is amusing crowd control against pretty much everything, too.
    I think a bit of clarification is needed here for newer players. There's a difference between the damage type and the status effect. While Corrosive damage is good against the Ferrite armour type (+75% damage) possessed by standard Grineer, it doesn't strip armour off; the Corrosive status effect does.

In my opinion, magnetic damage and status is pretty bad against the Corpus - while it'll knock down shields quickly, it has no bonus against the Corpus health. I would recommend a dual Radiation and Toxin combination - Radiation damage for mechanical Corpus and Toxin damage bypasses the shields.

While the Viral status effect is good, Viral damage is pretty bad (-75% damage penalty to the standard Infested), so unless you have a high status chance weapon, I wouldn't rely on it..

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    By the way, I still need to be added to the list of PC Tenno. I'm TheNeoVid in game, part of clan VGO.
    Added to the OP.

21. - Top - End - #21

Gas ~ Lesser Infested
    Corrosive ~ Greater Infested
    Outlier: Radiation is normally Bad vs Infested except for a pair bosses and special enemies
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Gas ~ Lesser Infested
    Corrosive ~ Greater Infested
    Outlier: Radiation is normally Bad vs Infested except for a pair bosses and special enemies
    Toxic Ancients' aura drops gas damage to virtually nothing, though. Corrosive+Fire is the ideal setup for Infested

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads-up, I got the opportunity to change my alias, and am going by Galoain now. Please update the list accordingly!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads-up, I got the opportunity to change my alias, and am going by Galoain now. Please update the list accordingly!
    I've updated your WF in-game name.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm Sir Dwar on xbox one, by the way

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'm Sir Dwar on xbox one, by the way
    Player list updated.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Empyrean is live on PC. Curse my regular employment and Christmas celebrations this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Empyrean is live on PC. Curse my regular employment and Christmas celebrations this weekend!
    Better to wait anyway and let the hotfixes roll out for the inevitable onslaught of bugs. DE and new systems....
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Whaaaaaaat? Bugs in Warframe? How dare you suggest that DE would ever release something in an incomplete state!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier today, when I joined a public mission, I spawned in without a warframe. Or body of any kind. I was just a stationary, invisible, incorporeal observer.
    Definitely no bugs.

(When I first started playing, I encountered a bug where slamming the ground near shield lancers would make them fly off into the sky or spasm erratically across the entire level before vanishing out of the world or getting lodged in a wall. I kinda miss that bug.)