New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

For a second there, I thought the game wasn't going to let you get into the temple backwards. Which would have been incredibly mean.

I get the sense that you aren't having as much fun with this as you previously were, Zodi.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Spoiler: Zodi's Train of Thought (14)
    Show

Okay, sea stuff is cooler than i expected...

ARG INKED! WRONG DIRECTION! ARMORED TRAIN! Yo, that was a close call. +1 style point, that was amazing. I think you went the wrong way because you were inked... OMG the armored train is coming! AGAIN! +1 style point, you docked backwards in the nick of time!

EPISODE 14 KILL TALLY!

Cannon Boats - 9
    Octomine - 11
    Ocean Octorok - 2

Style Points - 2

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 14)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 17
    Cannon Boats - 9
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 6
    Lobarrier - 6
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 35
    Snurgle - 1
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 8
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 26
    Chuchus, Ice - 10

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 4

Lizal
    Geozard - 1
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 2
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 29
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantoms - 3

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 367

1st Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    2nd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 37!

Total Style Points - 8

Total Missed Rupees - 3
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    So while editing the footage, I saw the point where my track direction got changed. I put a *k'chnk* textual sound effect when I do it, since it's a rather quiet sound as it turns out! It happened as that last Ocean Octorok was going under the track, and I tried to move the camera to get him in view, and SOMEHOW accidentally changed the track. It's... hell. It's literally hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    For a second there, I thought the game wasn't going to let you get into the temple backwards. Which would have been incredibly mean.

I get the sense that you aren't having as much fun with this as you previously were, Zodi.
    Ocean Realm has alternaed between genuinely boring and horrifyingly put together. Like with Phantom Hourglass the best part of the game is the dungeons, and while they are doing a lot of Cool New Things with the train... those Cool New Things are also kind of jank as hell. I'm still having fun but this is decidedly not my favorite Zelda.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-12-27 at 10:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Choo choo!

Oof, yeah, I'd not realized/remembered it was looking at them, not just... passing by. That is inexcusable.

If you've drawn a path and not un-drawn it, your turning will default to attempt to follow that path.

Well... missteps aside, that still went better than my first encounter with Armoured Trains and their gimmick.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Choo choo!

Oof, yeah, I'd not realized/remembered it was looking at them, not just... passing by. That is inexcusable.

If you've drawn a path and not un-drawn it, your turning will default to attempt to follow that path.

Well... missteps aside, that still went better than my first encounter with Armoured Trains and their gimmick.

Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    Genuinely horrified by "my experience was still worse" given what I went through. Do share.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Genuinely horrified by "my experience was still worse" given what I went through. Do share.
    I mean mostly in the sense that I blew up once or twice before realizing "oh... welp, uh... they switch directions to follow you. So can't just sit on the siding and wait for them to pass." Yours was tense and stressful, but you still made it through in one piece.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Ocean Realm has alternaed between genuinely boring and horrifyingly put together. Like with Phantom Hourglass the best part of the game is the dungeons, and while they are doing a lot of Cool New Things with the train... those Cool New Things are also kind of jank as hell. I'm still having fun but this is decidedly not my favorite Zelda.
    So... what is your favorite Zelda, if you don't mind me asking? I personally have an irrational fondness for the Oracle of Ages/Seasons pair.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #157

So... what is your favorite Zelda, if you don't mind me asking? I personally have an irrational fondness for the Oracle of Ages/Seasons pair.
    The Oracle games are some of my favorites and I hope they get the Link's Awakening treatment.

My other favorites are... I kinda waffle between Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. They're all so good in their own ways. Breath of the Wild is also up there but it's a very different sort of game that I can't really compare it to the others.

8. - Top - End - #158

Onwards, to more Zelda! Let's do us a dungeon!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [15] Phytops

Video Length: 33:21

A little longer than normal since I never really found a good breaking point. When your words are "after the next room let's call it" and you don't mentally realize the next room is the boss room, you tend to do silly things.

Speaking of silly things, for some reason parts of this dungeon just completely escaped my brain completely during the playing of it. How badly do I do? Well... not actually, it's really the last room that makes me stumble, but it is DEFINITELY a stumble. I'm not even particularly sure why, I think it's just that something clicked wrong with me. AT any rate, let's talk about the dungeon shall we? The first major puzzle is trying to find a way to get the boulders to stop falling on our path. The first real puzzle however is connecting information from one floor onto the floor above it... which in retrospect makes the two major puzzles in this game kind of iterative. Wow I'm dumb.

With the path opened up by hitting the switches in the right order, we're able to shut off the boulder stream and continue on to the miniboss of the dungeon, a Snapper. And our reward for killing the strange bird man? His whip! The whip is probably the centerpiece item of this game, the one that they put the most focus on. It's genuinely just really cool, because it does much of what the boomerang does but more controlled and capable of dealing actual real damage. The things it is used for are kinda varied, from throwing large metal objects at enemies who can't die otherwise, Indiana Jonesing across gaps, or just feeding swords to fish headed statues. It's a pretty good dungeon item!

And after taking care of the final puzzle, it's time to get the Big Key to the key block... only for Keymaster's to get in our way. To put it bluntly I don't like this bit since it's basically impossible to get it on the first try, just because of how many of these jerks there are. But I manage it, and go off to fight the boss, Phytops! Phytops is... an interesting boss, in that the lead up to it is far harder than the boss itself. Taking out its arms so you can whip your way up its home is way more dangerous due to having to be SO close to the edge and the threat of poison goop knocking you off. The fight itself is ramrod simple. You grab spikes from his vines and throw them at his face, breaking off the defensive plant layer. Then do it again to hit his eye to stun him, so you can go in for the kill. Easy peasy.

And that's it for today! I hope you all enjoyed this one. I'll see you all next time, take care.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Yay whip! The snake whip has always been super cool, and I love the fact that they have an enemy with it before hand. ...unfortunately, it does run into the problem where this is an item that super needs the triggers to work properly. The other items so far have been... adequate to use if you just quickly tap on the item button in the corner. This one requires too much precision, unfortunately. So, meant my run with my trigger-broken DS ended about here.

A nice touch I love about that boss fight is it's done at the top of the Ocean Temple, that we saw sticking out of the water as we passed. Other than that... while this fight is neat, it's also one that I never find that memorable. I remember the path leading up to the boss more than the boss itself. I think, besides Stagnox, it's probably the least cool boss in the game. But it's at least still decent. The whip-play makes it very satisfying.

Not much really else to say besides the whip being really cool, fun to use, and had a lot of neat puzzle ideas with it.

Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    11 East of Whistle Maze

10. - Top - End - #160

It's that time of the year once again! The Zodi Game Awards, where we as a community vote on our favorite game that I LPed this year! Without further adieu...

Zodi Game Awards 2019

Video Length: 5:44

And your nominations are...

1: Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis. An overly long tactics RPG in a dead series that is a secret origin story of one of its universe's greatest villains. It's awesome, except for the part where the actual video game isn't all that good. My first voice LP, a game I don't really know if people enjoyed.

2: Kirby's Dream LAnd 3. Played this with Blue and broke up with him during recording which is kind of ****ed up thinking on it? It's kind of a lot to think about, and those memories are always going to be part of this game for me now. That said I'm also going to have so, so many good memories attached to this game as well! It's a wonderful game, especially when played multiplayer. This is the one that will win.

3: Dishonored. Wonderful fps stealth game where we are a dishonored assassin trying to redeem himself by murdering everyone who ruined his life. This was a blind LP and super satisfying to play. Super excited for the DLC and sequel, but those are things that will happen Eventually.

And that's all. Vote Here! You have a week!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

I see this is also a Zodi Year in Review.

Also, you keep saying Kirby's going to win, but that was probably overall my least favorite game from this year. Like... it was a well-put-together game, but there was nothing that spectacular about it. Whereas both Dishonoured and Lodis were very much games I had zero idea what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. I imagine all the offscreen grinding and stuff helped to mar Lodis a bit for you, but I actually really enjoyed it, even if some of the characters were just so stupid at times.

12. - Top - End - #162

I see this is also a Zodi Year in Review.

Also, you keep saying Kirby's going to win, but that was probably overall my least favorite game from this year. Like... it was a well-put-together game, but there was nothing that spectacular about it. Whereas both Dishonoured and Lodis were very much games I had zero idea what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. I imagine all the offscreen grinding and stuff helped to mar Lodis a bit for you, but I actually really enjoyed it, even if some of the characters were just so stupid at times.
    I'll be honest I thought Kirby would win because everybody loves Kirby and the dynamic me and Blue have is too powerful.

Apparently people REALLY like steam punk cthulhu powered assassins with the adorable idiot Zodi style voice attached to it.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

We do! Your instant quasi-adoption of Emily was the greatest thing ever.

That was also the first Zodi Let's Play I watched, largely because it was a game I'd played and wanted to see someone else experiencing. Though I personally think the Outsider is less Cthulhu and more Q - giving some sad sap god-adjacent powers just for the entertainment value of seeing what he does with them would be an incredibly Q thing to do.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-12-31 at 12:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    We do! Your instant quasi-adoption of Emily was the greatest thing ever.

That was also the first Zodi Let's Play I watched, largely because it was a game I'd played and wanted to see someone else experiencing. Though I personally think the Outsider is less Cthulhu and more Q - giving some sad sap god-adjacent powers just for the entertainment value of seeing what he does with them would be an incredibly Q thing to do.
    Q is one of many elder beings that have ascended to a pure collective and thought who can alter reality at their whim, have no morals, and have basically erased all ideas of identity. They literally are only called Q because one of their many eyes decided it would be a good idea to establish some form of identifier for the lesser beings so they can grasp even a glimpse of what they're capable of.

They may be benign, but the Q Continuum is absolutely a cthulhu.

Also if you give me a good good child to take care of I will immediately latch onto them. Emily, Atreus, Garrus Vakarian, give me a moldable child who I am teaching by my own actions and must protect because I am strong and they are soft, and I will tell you that they are my favorite character and I love them unconditionally, even when they get horrible shadow tentacles, become kind of an *******, or get a stick up their ass so hard that I need to break it out of him in pieces. Respectively.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-12-31 at 01:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be honest I thought Kirby would win because everybody loves Kirby and the dynamic me and Blue have is too powerful.

Apparently people REALLY like steam punk cthulhu powered assassins with the adorable idiot Zodi style voice attached to it.
    I mean, Kirby's popular, yes, but that just means a lot of people do it. And while the dynamic is good, there's just a certain je ne sais quoi about playthroughs of less popular games.

Also, it's not steampunk. No steam-power.

Q is one of many elder beings that have ascended to a pure collective and thought who can alter reality at their whim, have no morals, and have basically erased all ideas of identity. They literally are only called Q because one of their many eyes decided it would be a good idea to establish some form of identifier for the lesser beings so they can grasp even a glimpse of what they're capable of.
    I mean, not to get too deep into it (given that this isn't a Star Trek thread), but they do have individuality - okay, well, mostly our Q, but...
    Blame Voyager if you must, but there was even a civil war going on (which also showcased that, hey, the human brain just censors out all the weirdness instead of going mad).

...not to mention, if they didn't call themselves anything, they'd get stuck with a stupid name from one species or another. At least this way they get to choose.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

2: Kirby's Dream LAnd 3. Played this with Blue and broke up with him during recording which is kind of ****ed up thinking on it? It's kind of a lot to think about, and those memories are always going to be part of this game for me now. That said I'm also going to have so, so many good memories attached to this game as well! It's a wonderful game, especially when played multiplayer. This is the one that will win.
    We didn't break up, we just shifted the dynamic of our relationship.
    I really enjoyed doing the Kirby with you, and am looking forward to joining you on the next one! It's just too bad that it's so long between Kirby games.
    Which also means it'll be a long time before we get to Amazing Mirror... I really want to do that one.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2019-12-31 at 03:07 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    We didn't break up, we just shifted the dynamic of our relationship.
    I really enjoyed doing the Kirby with you, and am looking forward to joining you on the next one! It's just too bad that it's so long between Kirby games.
    I mean while is true, we did stop dating and that's a factual thing. Fair point though.

Also I mean if you ever just wanna like, record a Kirby in advance and just play together we can DO that. I'll just hold onto it until appropriate.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

They may be benign, but the Q Continuum is absolutely a cthulhu.
    In that sense, true. I would usually use the term 'eldritch abomination' with Cthulhu being a specific example of the archetype, but that is semantics. Q is certainly eldritch, and the Outsider is as well.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In that sense, true. I would usually use the term 'eldritch abomination' with Cthulhu being a specific example of the archetype, but that is semantics. Q is certainly eldritch, and the Outsider is as well.
    True, but sometimes I call vampires draculas, regardless of their actual status with regards to Vlade Tepes. It's how these things work; if you're a fop wearing frilly clothes and a clock, you're a dracula.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

It's how these things work; if you're a fop wearing frilly clothes and a clock, you're a dracula.
    If you're wearing a clock, I think you're a Time Mage. Cloak optional.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

True, but sometimes I call draculas vampires, regardless of their actual status with regards to Vlade Tepes. It's how these things work; if you're a fop wearing frilly clothes and a clock, you're a dracula.
    You had a typo there.

The Outsider is more like a less-malevolent Nyarlathotep (which, funnily enough, my browser wants to correct to "psychotherapy") than a Cthulhu. After all, he's nowhere near as Cthulhu as, say, Mantorok.

22. - Top - End - #172

If you're wearing a clock, I think you're a Time Mage. Cloak optional.
    Aaagh

You had a typo there.

The Outsider is more like a less-malevolent Nyarlathotep (which, funnily enough, my browser wants to correct to "psychotherapy") than a Cthulhu. After all, he's nowhere near as Cthulhu as, say, Mantorok.
    Cut me some slackula

And yeah. Like I said in the LP, the Outsider feels like the krill inside the actual Cthulhu's feeding baleen.

23. - Top - End - #173

Happy New Year! As promised, it's time to eat a video game.

A Taste Of: The Missing

Video Length: 28:26

I want to make it abundantly clear that if you spoil this game for anyone I will blacklist you into oblivion. Publicly anyway, if they ask you to spoil it for them in private than that's fine, it's their business.

Anyway, A Taste Of! This is The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Mystery, one of the three games I got for Christmas that are good for A Taste Of-ing. As it turns out the holiday break was enough that I beat all three of the games in question, so I can give a bit more concise a First Impression than you may be used to, while still focusing primarily on what is in the first video. And what is in the first video for The Missing? Well, mostly just standard stuff. Setting up the stakes (JJ loves Emily and they're sweet and cute together) and kicking the plot off with a bang (Emily goes missing, dun dun dun). We get to see how the game plays (it's a cinematic platformer, which is to say it has a lot of animation for simple things and can at times be a bit slow) and we get to see the kind of... mechanical twist the game employs (I will not be saying what that is here, beyond the fact that it's really cool and immediately, obviously symbolic).

I realize the writing I'm putting down here is vague and confusing, intentionally so, but that's kind of the thing. The Missing is a mysterious game that asks a lot of good questions, in a very interesting way. It's one of my favorite games from a writing perspective, and if anything you see in this video seems interesting, I highly encourage you buy the game and play it for yourself. Go do it!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-01 at 08:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Video Ramblings (Just to be safe)
    Show
    First off... how would one know what the name of the island means if the language is long forgotten?

...this is all very gruesome, even in the pseudo-cartoon-y animation style. Very, very much not a game I'd normally play. Interesting, but... I am not strong enough for it.

You missed a doughnut back when you first entered the swamp area, and were worrying about said swamp.

But, yeah, interesting... but this is not a game that I could probably deal with. Everything here came as a huge shock and... geez.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Zodi, its me raziere again, back cause I'm bored and this Zelda look sufficiently strange for me to have a laugh, gonna start watching all in order now like the binge-watching fool I am.

but first:
    Spoiler: Missing
    Show

Zodi's recorded voice....is cute? hm. *shrug*

but this couple is cuter! but then I'm a sucker for lesbians.

OH GOD WHY THIS IS SO HORRIFYING. yeah.....this is why I don't like horror games....

Spoiler: Hello Trainclone game ep1-7
    Show

why is Link on a train, is this victorian Link? or even victorian Zelda?

hello clones of previous companions and Nico.

but really, Link? TRAIN!? did they think that a train was going to be some weird land-boat? this is so strange to me, its clashing between a medieval hero with a sword and this locomotive? like, its so bizarre: CHOSEN SWORD HERO OF LEGEND YOU MUST......operate this steam train and be an engineer. kind of an odd choice for this kind of game, I'd expect this kind of thing from Mario but a version of link....?

and yes Link can in fact pull off a perfect stop of a train while bleeding out. that is the weirdest boast flex ever made, and is entirely true.

hello Jolene clone.

yeah, transporting cuccos sounds like the job for a crazy madman who hurls themselves into danger at every opportunity. y'know. like Link!

hello mailclone

hello Zeldaclone- INTERRUPTION! hrmph. here have a sekkrit.

No Zodi, I have not figured out that Cole is obviously an evil gremlin-goblin-leprechaun thingamabopper trying to steal Link's lucky charms using a fistful of blarney and a pinch of ganondorf's glorious red-headed hair, please draw me a diagram and write in depth dissertation, I'll believe you eventually.

Solid Link: Metal Train. acquire green camouflage, Link you must defeat the weapon to surpass Metal Train.

oh no the track disappeared, its not as if Link ever walked everywhere to defeat evil before, what he will do nooooow?

OH NO! ITS AN ......EVIL TRAIN. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!!! we haven't seen an evil like this since Evil Tristan.

Cole is....Evil!? my god this changes everything. water is fire. sky is ground. MICE AND PARROTS LIVI-eh I'm over it. and yeah he looks stupid with his weird golden horns.

yeah this game is not taking itself seriously at all.

Link: Princess-Protecting Stance!
    Byrne: Horizon Bitch Slap No Jutsu!
    Link: aaaaaaaahhhh....

Ghost Zelda: I never noticed how Cole never took off his hats, or how his teeth were literal fanhs, or how he was a literal gremlin, or how he kept whispering "soon the Spirit Tracks will be gone!!" while cackling evilly.

oh no Zelda, you become the navi! nooooooooo the curse has struck again! you could've possessed Link instead and have it be this hilarious thing where she is a metaphor for the player controlling Link.....

ah yes. how can we possibly get to the tower without a train. there is just so much flat grassland in the way, it might as well be untraversable. we'd have to invent a new technique with our feet to get through it, if only someone could figure it out. involving, perhaps, putting one foot in the front of the other repeatedly.

I dunno, why wasn't there a skull in the pot, Zodi? its a sacred urn where you burn all the bones to dust but the skull then you put it in, don't you know anything about this cultures' funerary rites?

so far your greatest enemy in this game has been BEEEEEEs. small flying insects: truly a swordsmans greatest foe.

I agree with Zelda, a male demon running around in a female body? UUUUUUUUGHHH.

Zelda.....doing something outside of Smash. my god such innovation, wow. but seriously, nice to see Zelda helping out.

Behold Link....THE TRAIN OF LEGEND!!

the greatest game trolling is when a randomized hard part, somehow becomes easy out of nowhere so that no one believes you. this is one lets playing's greatest truths.

those trains don't look cool, they look like chubby smiling villains. it must be sad to be low of a threat that your ability to attack people depends entirely on people near a pre-set railway

ah yes, equip exploding bomb cannon to train. surely the most safe and sane of modifications to your transportation locomotive. especially one conducted by ten year old child.

here Rabbitland rescue, you gotta love rabbits more than your life! DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO THE FROLIC!!! CATCH RABBITS FOR THE DANCE!! BECOME AS RABBIT FURRY! KIDNAP ALL THE RABBITS SO THAT THEY MAY LOVE YOU IN THIS FIELD! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAA-wow environmental groups would hate this place.

"turns out the Anouki and we have to talk to them" NOOOOOO!!! the worst fate of all.

Mr. Frosty......truly a foe to be feared.

binge was unwise. didn't get all the way through. curse....burnout....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #176

The Missing is wonderful, but I understand (for multiple reasons) why it's not for everyone.

Glad you're enjoying train zelda, Raziere!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

The Missing is wonderful, but I understand (for multiple reasons) why it's not for everyone.
    I'll admit, I skipped your quick look because I watched someone else's playthrough. Which I had to stop near the end, because they were doing a completionist run, and my heart couldn't take any more.

I accept your apology game, Swery, even if it is a little rough and painful.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2020-01-03 at 02:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Late video because I was ****ing slammered last night in terms of sleepiness.

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [16] Bird O' Clock

Video Length: 23:42

In this episode, we do some quick stamp collecting at the Ocean Temple, Ocean Sanctuary, and the village whose name I forget. Of course I say "quick" but in the case of at least the village, quick is anything but what it actually is. With our whip we can do a lot of cool stuff, and unfortunately calling in Carben's bird friends is one of them. It's... not a very good call, because unlike what you'd expect these are not guys we swing from, but instead things we hold onto as they transport us. This isn't necessarily bad, except... as you can see in the village, sometimes it's unclear what the right bird is!

To put it mildly, it was a little frustrating, and it kinda negatively impacted me for the rest of the video. Not in like a signifigent way, but enough to make me ramble on a bit about how the train portion of the game is kinda dull. Which don't get me wrong; I like the train riding, and it does have depth, it's just that each realm has its threats, and it never really changes things up, and it seems at least to me like they always show up in the same exact spots. It is the unfortunate curse of trains; they are on rails, so things stay perhaps a bit too consistent. Phantom Hourglass's steam ship was kinda awful and rough to deal with, but there was some degree of variety there. For good or ill.

That all aside, we end off at the Tower of Spirits, getting ready for our next excursion into the place. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

The person who built the ocean temple sure hates stamp collectors.

Yeah. The bird mechanic is... not good, and always a part I forget about because it's... not really that fun. I get it, there's potential... but constantly having to song and wait, and all that is... not a good design choice.

What, not going back to buy more train parts?

Also, yeah, pirates always show up in the exact same spots - every time, in fact. You'll notice when you triggered the 2nd pirates heading for the spirit tower, they were on the other track-side of the same ocean space that you triggered them from Papuchia. Every time you go past a pirate trigger spot, you'll trigger them.

Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Train of Thought (15)
    Show
    Onwards, to more Zelda! Let's do us a dungeon!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [15] Phytops

Video Length: 33:21

A little longer than normal since I never really found a good breaking point. When your words are "after the next room let's call it" and you don't mentally realize the next room is the boss room, you tend to do silly things.

Speaking of silly things, for some reason parts of this dungeon just completely escaped my brain completely during the playing of it. How badly do I do? Well... not actually, it's really the last room that makes me stumble, but it is DEFINITELY a stumble. I'm not even particularly sure why, I think it's just that something clicked wrong with me. AT any rate, let's talk about the dungeon shall we? The first major puzzle is trying to find a way to get the boulders to stop falling on our path. The first real puzzle however is connecting information from one floor onto the floor above it... which in retrospect makes the two major puzzles in this game kind of iterative. Wow I'm dumb.

With the path opened up by hitting the switches in the right order, we're able to shut off the boulder stream and continue on to the miniboss of the dungeon, a Snapper. And our reward for killing the strange bird man? His whip! The whip is probably the centerpiece item of this game, the one that they put the most focus on. It's genuinely just really cool, because it does much of what the boomerang does but more controlled and capable of dealing actual real damage. The things it is used for are kinda varied, from throwing large metal objects at enemies who can't die otherwise, Indiana Jonesing across gaps, or just feeding swords to fish headed statues. It's a pretty good dungeon item!

And after taking care of the final puzzle, it's time to get the Big Key to the key block... only for Keymaster's to get in our way. To put it bluntly I don't like this bit since it's basically impossible to get it on the first try, just because of how many of these jerks there are. But I manage it, and go off to fight the boss, Phytops! Phytops is... an interesting boss, in that the lead up to it is far harder than the boss itself. Taking out its arms so you can whip your way up its home is way more dangerous due to having to be SO close to the edge and the threat of poison goop knocking you off. The fight itself is ramrod simple. You grab spikes from his vines and throw them at his face, breaking off the defensive plant layer. Then do it again to hit his eye to stun him, so you can go in for the kill. Easy peasy.

And that's it for today! I hope you all enjoyed this one. I'll see you all next time, take care.

Hmmm, i wonder if its a bird man, or a man with a bird mask...YO, that design look for the whip is stylish as hell!

The fish face looks like an angler fish...I don't see the clown.

This dungeon's puzzles are hard, but i like them. Least clear dungeon so far for sure.

According to the wiki, Phytops is a cross between an octorok and a plant. So should he go into the Octorok or the Baba?

EPISODE 15 KILL TALLY!

Yellow Chuchu - 8
    Snapper - 3
    Red Chuchu - 6
    Metal Chuchu - 4
    Key Master - 6
    Phytops - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 15)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 17
    Cannon Boats - 9
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 6
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 35
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 1
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 8
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 4

Lizal
    Geozard - 1
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 2
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 29
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantoms - 3

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 395

1st Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    2nd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 37!

Total Style Points - 8

Total Missed Rupees - 3
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)