New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Banned

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    This is the scene immeditely after Odie goes to sleep. I'd lay decent odds it's a dream sequence.
    Well, if it's a nightmare I wonder if it's a prelude to the return of the nightmare spirit.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Did Odie ever figure out how to trance instead of sleep?

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Did Odie ever figure out how to trance instead of sleep?
    Signs point to no

On the bright side, this points to a possible return for Ardon, which can only be a good thing since he's the only interesting character in the entire comic.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-01-20 at 12:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I guess I lost my imaginary money. Darn. I was going to buy an imaginary car with that.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is a post to prevent the thread from being archived after the long forum downtime. Lonestar is on a break currently to prepare future quality arcs. Also, there won't be too many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    On the bright side, this points to a possible return for Ardon, which can only be a good thing since he's the only interesting character in the entire comic.
    I don't hope Ardon will return. Instead, I'm hoping for full uncovering of all Ardon's misdeeds that we don't know about yet. There is certainly some more. And Telese's past might also have some skeletons buried somewhere.

The old party is dead; Chandrea and Telese are the replacements; and there is enough drama to have until the story ends.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    This is a post to prevent the thread from being archived after the long forum downtime. Lonestar is on a break currently to prepare future quality arcs. Also, there won't be too many of them.

I don't hope Ardon will return. Instead, I'm hoping for full uncovering of all Ardon's misdeeds that we don't know about yet. There is certainly some more. And Telese's past might also have some skeletons buried somewhere.

The old party is dead; Chandrea and Telese are the replacements; and there is enough drama to have until the story ends.
    Well, I don't claim to speak for everyone by any means, but the story has been boring (to me) since Ardon made his exit. I keep waiting for the other characters like Odie, El, or Peanut to pick up the slack, be more proactive, and be interesting but they just...don't. They're still completely passive lumps that don't work to influence the story in any way. Telese is the only cast member that's even mildly entertaining because she's actually proactive. The rest of the cast may as well be scenery for all they influence anything.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The story is reaching its conclusion and LSN said there are only a few chapters left. Unless Ardon coming back is necessary for Odie to get his body back (which I only thought of as I typed this) there seems to be no reason for the story to bring him back.

Even if he does come back for the above mentioned reason there won't be much story left for him at that point (since it won't be happening soon either way).

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Banned

He said there's less than 10 chapters left. We've only had 22 chapters so far though. Each chapter can be pretty hefty.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

But not sure it even possible for Odie to get his original body back since it his soul has been away from it for too long I think. And it probably even less likely for Ardon's soul to come back since it doesn't feel like it can return unless some serious magic is used to get him back.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    But not sure it even possible for Odie to get his original body back since it his soul has been away from it for too long I think. And it probably even less likely for Ardon's soul to come back since it doesn't feel like it can return unless some serious magic is used to get him back.
    Odie has declared that he won't see his people again until after he gets his body back. So, at the very least, he is going to try.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    Ardon was together with the nightmare spirit, and it came back like 5 comics ago. I don't know why you think it's impossible for Ardon to do the same thing.

Actually, it's already been set up well in advance that Ardon's soul is...somewhere besides his body. I really doubt we never follow up on that.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-02-28 at 09:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Unless the next update has Odie successfully arguing for why they should bring Ardon back I am pretty sure this confirmed that Ardon will not be coming back. If he does he will just be killed again. Which is pretty much the same reason Fortyfive isn't coming back. No one wants him around anymore.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2020-03-13 at 12:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Unless the next update has Odie successfully arguing for why they should bring Ardon back I am pretty sure this confirmed that Ardon will not be coming back. If he does he will just be killed again. Which is pretty much the same reason Fortyfive isn't coming back. No one wants him around anymore.
    I know it won't be, but I would laugh so hard if his attempt at an explanation is "He kissed me right before he died, and I want to see where that goes."

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Banned

Archer chick just asked about finding his soul too. Even if he doesn't come back as the main protagonist I would say he's definitely still part of the story going forward.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

She wants to find his soul for evidence. Ardon's legacy shaped the story and will be important to it going forward. That doesn't mean Ardon himself will be.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

i figured they'd want to bring him back just so he can atone for and / or explain and / or be punished for his crimes. Whatsername, the green-mask girl, needed Odie to pretend to be Ardon for something. Think it was to give his side of what happened so that she wouldn't be exiled anymore or something?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll admit, I'm curious if I could make a Tiefling Warlock, and make an Fiend Pact by selling my soul to myself and see if any remotely sane DM would let that fly.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    I'll admit, I'm curious if I could make a Tiefling Warlock, and make an Fiend Pact by selling my soul to myself and see if any remotely sane DM would let that fly.
    i mean didn't Malicious Dire krackaboom what-ever-his-name-was kinda do that? He's a warlock, and i vaguely recall him saying he was the source of his own power. Like maybe he's his own patron, which means he gives himself power, which he then gives back to himself, causing a sort of feedback loop of slowly growing power.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a 5E "Archwarlock" patron where either the warlock has figured out a loophole to essentially be their own patron or their patron is a separate such entity (with the warlock gaining the ability to BE an "Archwarlock" themselves at latter levels.)

Also, as per the above post, I think a centaur or satyr (once Theros comes out) would work with being their own Archfey (though, again, with the whole "would a DM agree to this" thing.)
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2020-03-18 at 01:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So it seems to me like the gnome is referring to Odie's draconic ancestry. Could this mean there is a chance he might come back looking more dragon-like?

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

well wouldn't that be neat?

wonder if it'd be full-on Dragonborn, or more like a half-dragon look.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Banned

Seems weird since the raise dead ritual rebuilt Odie's original body from the ashes. I guess I can buy that would be slightly different since it's mystical in nature though. He does have dragon DNA so it seems to be a good guess.

Now I'm worried she's going to grow a dragon body and the nightmare spirit will jump to the empty shell.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-03-28 at 12:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Even for a genius, it might take a while to become a leading expert on draconic genetics. Guessing at least a day or maybe even longer.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

all it should take is a few skill points in Knowledge (Dragon genetics) and maybe a take-20. easy right?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't do nothin' about crappy download speeds, though.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wait....how does Odie and/or the Nightmare Spirit know that Sheaf is still alive AND living in a jar?
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2020-04-15 at 07:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait....how does Odie and/or the Nightmare Spirit know that Sheaf is still alive AND living in a jar?
    They don't. It's a coincidence made soley for plot convenience so that the real scene can transition seamlessly into the dream.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, there are a lot of very serious questions to ask, about the ethics of bringing Ardon back to life, and there's a whole lot that could be said about him and his personal arc and behavior.

And none of that is invalid, but I just want to see where the romance thing is going.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    You know, there are a lot of very serious questions to ask, about the ethics of bringing Ardon back to life, and there's a whole lot that could be said about him and his personal arc and behavior.

And none of that is invalid, but I just want to see where the romance thing is going.
    Especially, as seems implied by this page, that Odie now has a dragon dong. I wanna see Ardon's reaction to that one for sure.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    They don't. It's a coincidence made soley for plot convenience so that the real scene can transition seamlessly into the dream.
    since Odie already has his clone ready, it kinda looks like the situation with the mercenaries is already happened, since El and co were gathering material for the clone to be made. they probably went out, had this encounter, then came back and told him about it, which he then dreamed about.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show