New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yes. What would missions entail? What other skillsets might I expect to be working with? Is there anything unusual I should specifically be prepared for?" Saramond asks. He's not sure what sort of threats Vigil ends up dealing with, or what forces they work alongside. Asking about those seems to be a good idea.
    [Training Range]

"It is hard to sum up all, they could be going from scouting up to taking part in an attack.Fighting enemies will be mostly part of it. There has been a deparments shortly which you might work with, but I haven't had a chance to go there myself and take a look. Other then that there are a lot of people, some using magic, others wielding heavy weapons around. You will meet them while here, I am sure." Mia replies.

"Anyhing else?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "It's Sophia. You remember me."
    The rebel spirit is very impressed with Mia locating her so quickly via secondary sounds and movements of the air. She projects herself into being invisible, right in front of Mia with just the bench in between them.
    "What is the matter?" She has a sort of smile on her face, though the expression doesn't come naturally to her.
    [On the edge]

"Yeah" Mia answers. Sophia might recognise that Mia is less happy then you expect. "You should stop this whole invisibility thing while on the island. Some more trained peiople might have attacked you by this point." She makes herself a note to work on a device to detect her. Silver is still glowing when she is around or what material was it? Mia sights either way as she shafts the blade.
    "It is complicated. It has to do with a man who seems to be stranded here in the nexus. He originally came from my homeworld."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Firbolg in the Playground

[VIGIL Laboratories - RECLAB]

"But you have to do the work, enjoyable or not."

Oh, are we getting somewhere after all? Threaten Val with loneliness, that's the ticket?
    "I am a member here. And I'm quite interested in seeing what this lab can produce."
    She does have a phone, but she's not going to talk about it. She can just picture Val calling at crazy hours, ranting on about the meaning of philosophy...no thanks.

[On the Edge]

"It's automatic. Hard to turn off. And sadly, most people don't like my looks."
    Yes, silver glows with her around. If Mia has any on her, Sophia will steal a glance at it.

She heads around the side of the bench and sits down, folding all her hands in her lap.
    "Interesting. Did you know him there? Or are you likewise stranded here?" Just the first couple ideas to occur to her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1113

[Outside Training Ground]

Are there any mind control spells Svetlana should know about? "No. There's not." There are exactly zero mind-control spells that Svetlana should know about. There's only mind-control spells she shouldn't know about. Definitely not going to tell her about them.

She sighs: "My hair didn't change anything," she says. Sure, she's stronger now and has a wider variety of spells than she was before, but that's simply because she's gotten stronger. "Mostly, it's almost entirely emergency healing, or battle control-type spells, or spells that weaken or strengthen people, or wide-ranging collateral damaging magicks, or spells that make people fall asleep." Plus a bunch of very visually disturbing magic. And necromancy. But she's not sure she should mention that either.

She puts her head back down on her knees.

[Medical Facility - 2]

Really?
    They're in the middle of a medical facility
    but they're going to take her all the way over to the lab?

But!
    Fun fact!
    Obsidian is heavier when she's humanlike than when she's dragon.
    . . .
    She's only the weight of a teenage girl, though.

She's unconscious though.
    So she flops around like a ragdoll.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Training Ground]

"Good." That's a relief, to know that Awen has no mind control spells to be wary of. Obviously, she buys the lie, and continues. "I detest mind control, it is a terrible thing. I only hope that if you ever come across such a spell, you avoid it, or use it only in absolute emergencies." Then she turns to Awen and smiles. "I have faith that if such ever happens, you will be absolutely responsible in your usage of such dark magic." That doesn't mean she likes it, however.

She listens attentively, nodding after Awen's done. Some of those will be useful in the coming fight with the reploids. The collateral damaging magicks raise a cause for concern, though, but she's sure Awen won't use that if there's any risk of friendly fire. All in all, crowd control magic is always useful in video games, and there's no reason why that won't be the case in real Nexus life as well. "A crowd control type, huh? You're strong, Awen-chan! I like strong women, you have my respect." Her fox ears, which are still on her head, are perked up happily.

"As for me, I am a martial artist, as you witnessed, and I am a decent shot with an energy pistol. I can do whatever a fox can, too. I am the melee-based combatant to Blanche-san's more long-range focus." All things that Awen already knows, except maybe just what 'fox powers' entail.

"Do you drink, Awen-chan? We should get a drink, sometime." She asks. It sounds like she's asking Awen out, and she seems to realize this after the words come out of her mouth. "Just a girls' outing." She quickly clarifies. Awen is cute, despite the snake hair... but her husband is all she needs. He may be dead, but he lives on in her heart.

[Medical Facility - 2]

Yes, really! Svetlana does NOT like it one bit, though. Cessie-sama will be hearing about this!

She turns back to look at the magma elemental, and oh look it's looking at them. Good! Hopefully, Cessie-sama will have words for Dr Valiance! Perhaps for her, too, for carrying her straight to the lab instead of trying to wake her up, but how else are they going to get Val's tranq antidote?

What, he's still talking? Please, he should stop talking! "She is as heavy as a normal teenage girl." Svetlana's currently bridal-carrying Obsidian. "Lucky for you, I am strong enough to bear her weight."

She shoots Val an annoyed glare. "You should be carrying her instead, seeing as this predicament is entirely your fault. Seriously, what were you thinking, doing that in public?" That's the main thing she's so mad about, that he did it in the middle of the medical facility.

"Let's just... try and arrive at our destination as quickly as humanly possible." The milk has been split, and there is no use crying over it.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

His response is fairly straightforward. "I mean, I guess. It's still a choice, though."

Then, she continues. What was she insinuating? What were the terms, here?
    "Yeah? I mean, uhh - what can't we produce? What can't I produce, really."
    Dr. Valiance notices her lack of a response to his request. He tries not to let his disappointment show, but it creeps through in his voice.

"Well. I was going to go get food, so. I know a nice place, twenty-four seven service?"

Dr. Valiance seems relatively unconcerned with the situation at hand. This was not the first time something like this had happened. "Yeah? I could swear teenagers weighed less back in my day." What did this mean? In truth, Val did not know. Sometimes he just said things. "I mean, I'd offer to carry her, but. You know, my back and all. Some of us aren't made of... metal, I guess?" Hm, probably not metal, looking at her. Maybe there was a frame in there, somewhere?

Ah, hell. It didn't really matter. This was way easier than that time in Skyside. "As for what I was thinking, well. Mostly I was hoping I wouldn't have to watch our friend here literally explode from the inside, or whatever. That's the kind of horror show type stuff you don't soon forget, you know? Got enough going on in here." At that, he points to his own forehead. It's a strange gesture, it looks odd. "So, really. You should be thanking me. I think I said that already, but its a point I think worth reiterating."

"Hell yeah. Now you're talking. Positive vibes all the way, baby!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-28 at 03:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Medical Facility - 2]

The moment they actually start to leave the medical facility there is FWOSH and Cessie's voice can be heard booming out. "Where exactly do you think you're going?"

It has changed, its features now far more recognizable as the sorceress herself. Especially that frown coupled with her arms crossed over her chest. It seems taller too, taller than the actual person it takes after though that might just be for effect.
    "If you need equipment to analyze for what you did to her, you're going to have to take it here rather than the other way around as you've just proven you can't be trusted with her well-being." She remarks coldly before gesturing at Obsidian. "Please tend to her while I discuss things with these two."

[Ilphirmary]

Anika just nods with a curt. "Yeah."
    Might be better to just let Ilpholin handle this.

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia, a traveling scholar, have vouched to visit VIGIL once again.
    Usually she just comes by to talk to Cessie but something the sorceress have told her have roused her curiosity, namely this technological division that VIGIL have started. Thus she is planning to visit it today. She has her tome carried by her hip in a small holster bound with a chain and have just taken it out to make a quick note or sketch. Hopefully this visit would prove fruitful..
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-28 at 04:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Pixie in the Playground

[Medical Facility - 2]

Valiance's refusal to change his story and keep blaming her is so frustrating that if she wasn't at least carrying Obsidian, she might have actually hit him at that moment. Exploding from the inside from being spoken to, what nonsense! Worse, he expects to be thanked for making things worse.

Again, the very nerve!

Then Cessie's voice booms angrily, and she whirls to face the source. She gently and quickly drops Obsidian's unconscious body to the ground, then gets on her hands and knees, bowing low before Cessie. "My humblest and sincere apologies, Cessie-sama. I did not foresee Dr Valiance here tranquilizing her. Please, forgive me."
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Medical Facility - 2]

Dr. Tanaka yelling at him was one thing. Ms. Mithar doing so? Another matter entirely. "Oh, why - hello there, Ms. Mithar." Dr. Valiance spins around then, turning to face his boss. This was it, fight-or-flight had kicked in. Was he going to simply run? To flee all the way back down to the lab and simply lock it down? No, no. Now was the time to fight! To fight the only way he knew how! By lying a lot. A whole, whole lot. So much so that it became impossible to doubt him! His first course of action is to take a short, sharp breath. Good, great. Now it was time to get the ball rolling. "I mean no disrespect, but frankly, Ms. Mithar, we don't have time to debate what should or should not have happened here! My patient is gravely injured."

At that, he grimaces. Oh wow, he was starting to believe it himself. "It's her bite, you see. That nasty thing on her shoulder - its no ordinary wound." Oh yes, this was going somewhere. "The creature which bit her carries in its saliva a parasite, an awful one! Real horror type stuff." Parasite! Hell yeah! "It actively targets the lymphatic system, gradually wearing down the hosts immune system until death is all but inevitable - even for a dragon." Now to bring it home. "When I drew samples, I had her wound treated with a special serum designed to eliminate similar creatures. It's remarkably effective, but the side-effects are... serious."

His expression turns grave, here. Oh, this was serious business. "The serum I administered causes, as an unfortunate side-effect, an increase in blood pressure. As I'm sure you know, excess strain due to hypertension can lead to an 'overclocking' of the myocardium. In short, if she becomes too stressed... Well, she will quite literally die. Her heart will simply burst. Dr. Tanaka, unaware of what was administered or the side-effects thereof, proceeded to interrogate my patient as she would any other, causing her extraordinary stress. If this had continued, it is likely my patient would have sustained permanent damage. So you see, I did what I did because I had to. It was a matter of life and death."

"Now, please. Let us do our job. She's suffering, and I know just what to do."

"Bring her down, and hurry!"

[A Scholarly Visit]

The laboratory compound is abuzz with activity.

Today was testing day, which means that there was work to be done!

--

Ambrosia will find the receiving laboratory - the area central to the compound - empty. However, she'll notice that the blast door which leads to the weapons laboratory is open.

Within, the sound of someone cursing can be heard.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-28 at 05:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119

[Medical Facility - 2]

The sorceress literary burning eyes bore into Svetlana first as she bows down before her before her gaze move onto Dr. Valiance.
    She listens.
    Then she walks up to him almost as soon as he's finished the last sentence and gestures for the medics once more.
    "Two of you are coming with me, we're visiting Valiance's laboratory apparently." She turns to them for a moment. "Record everything. I want all readings from her on my desk tonight."

Then she turns back to Val and Svetlana, stopping right in front of Dr. Valiance. "The same goes for you, now get a move on." Without having to take any orders the medics will move to assist Svetlana and Val to carry Obsidian to the laboratory with Cessie close behind them.

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia spends a few minutes just inspecting the building from the outside and then the inside before she finally steps towards the blast doors and knocks on them. Her armored fist producing a loud clanging sound as she slams it against the door. "Hello!" She announces herself while peering into the opening, hoping she wasn't interrupting anything important. Whoever was in the couldn't be too focused considering the amount of swearing.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

There's no response from within the weapons laboratory.

However, she'll likely notice what seems to be the sounding of a laser-based weapon charging up before firing. The sound of the blast itself is strange, almost musical. Almost immediately after it fires, something goes thud.

--

Then, a voice. Its warm, and airy.

"Alright, Dahl! Whaddya think?"

"Oh. Ah, christ. He's dead."

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Pixie in the Playground

[Medical Facility - 2]

Dr. Svetlana Tanaka remains bowed for some time, but eventually gets up at about the time Cessie's declaring her intent to visit their lab. She stands up straight, looking straight ahead as Cessie speaks to them. She obediently does as bid, wondering what's going to happen next and how much trouble they're in.

Stupid, stupid! She would have gone straight to the magma elemental if she knew it was responsive! The last time she spoke to it, she got no response. She's wise enough not to try and speak, she only hopes Dr Valiance doesn't... ah, who's she kidding? He'll very much likely keep talking them both into more trouble.

There's an aura of coldness emanating from her, and she refuses to even look at Valiance.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Default [VIGIL Laboratories - RECLAB]

Ah, he was so close to getting it. But then he wandered away. Perhaps she was careless with her choice of words?
    No. Surely now, if ever, she can blame Val with a clear conscience.

"We'll see, won't we?"
    As for his last request - where did that even come from? - she shake her head.

"I'm not hungry, thanks. And the food's fine here."
    Alice starts to leave the lab, back to the elevator.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Halfling in the Playground

[Newcomer]

It's not every day someone new shows up at VIGIL.

...although it is fairly common.

But most newcomers don't show quite such interest in the airships, I imagine.

It might almost seem suspicious, actually. He's been skulking down there for a little while, hunched over in a well-worn suit, lit cigarette in his mouth, watching the goings-on in the airship gantry.

Possibly not the best way to make a first-impression.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Why did that phrase feel so mean-spirited? Little tiny darts, it felt like.
    A sinking feeling in his stomach. Ouch, rejection.

"Uhh, yeah? I... I guess so."
    As she starts to walk off, Val starts to wave. He didn't know what else to do.

He will call after her as she leaves, though.
    Don't worry, nothing weird.

"I'll see you around, Al."
    Probably not, stupid man.

--

Once she enters the elevator, Dr. Valiance will lockdown the laboratory and start to head out.
    Where was he going? A bar, of course. Didn't matter which.

[Medical Facility - 2]

Excellent work, Val. Just got by on the skin of your teeth. He knows it, too. As the group ventures down into the laboratory, Val will take the time to tap at a button on his phone, half-concealed within his pocket. This activated the mental link between Dahl, the laboratory AI, and Dr. Valiance. He's silent during the journey below ground, although in his head he's communicating plenty. The medical laboratory is a flurry of motion. Elixirs, tonics, and serums are being synthesized, methods by which records could be falsified, everything. Dahl works quickly, far quicker than Val ever could.

By the time the group arrives, the work is done.

--

Dr. Valiance will enter the passcode leading into the medical laboratory. It appears as a vaulted chamber whose northernmost quarter is sealed behind a metallic wall complete with an observation window which overlooks a futuristic surgical theater. At its center, a sinister-looking operating table gleams in the blinding light. Mechanical arms hang over the operating table, clearly extensions of an enormous cylindrical machine built into the ceiling above. Tanks of crimson fluid line the laboratory's southern wall, with rows of tables complete with burbling vials and mixtures visible just across.

He'll gesture towards the operating theater at its center before rushing to the controls within the observation hall.

"Quickly, strap her in. There are hardlight receptors at the top and bottom."

"We just might save her life!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-28 at 06:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125

[A Scholarly Visit]

Someone was dead? Well, that didn't sound good at all.
    But perhaps...

She steps inside, wanting to see what was going on here before she took action. She's moving in a rather casual way that wouldn't suggest sneaking but that's since she didn't need to as suddenly her movements, even her breathing, goes completely silent.
    A trick she had learned while visiting a noble employing a nightingale floor one night.

[Newcomer]

"Oh hey dude, are those..." The tall purple woman gives his cigarettes a curious look. "Oh, nah. Sorry, I thought you were doing something else. Are you a member here? Haven't seen you around before."

[Medical Facility - 2]

Cessie will be there to observe the whole process without a word, only occasionally glaring at Val and Svetlana as she waits for this to finish. Regardless of the outcome words would be had with them.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

As she steps into the doorway, the interior of the weapons laboratory comes into view.

Inside, a man reclines within a comfortable-looking swivel chair. He's surrounded by holographic panels on all sides, each square containing countless lines of data. It's all dedicated to one project, a very important and highly frustrating non-lethal, sound-based weapon prototype. A turret of some sort has been set up beside the swivel chair. Upon it, a speaker system is mounted. A cone at its front is pointed towards a testing target at the other end of the room. The target dummy appears to have burst at the seams, beads having spilled out onto the floor. Such a mess!

Dr. Valiance sighs before pulling up footage of the weapon being fired.

A semi-visible ray of sound bursts forth from the cone-turret. Once it strikes the target dummy, the entire thing implodes.

"Poor guy - at least we're not doing live testing yet."

"Well, Dahl. What do you think? Down twenty points, or thirty?"

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Orc in the Playground

MEDLAB Val & Felicity

Felicity walks over to the doctor, seeing how upset he is. She... really should have considered that he'd be upset. She's just told him he's half as old as he should be, meaning any siblings are older than he thought and his family probably think him dead. She'll sit on the arm of his chair and, after a moment, give him a hug. "I'm sorry. It... must be a shock. But, um, there's one thing, though. There's people here from all kinds of when, so maybe you can figure out to go back to the time you left, if you ever go back to Earth." Which Felicity hears is quite hard, but neither her nor her parents ever tried it. Felicity doesn't know her ancestral homeworld at all, and her parents decided it was better not to know what they were being forced through that portal to escape.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Newcomer]

The unfamiliar character looks round...and then looks up at Anika. By no means short for seemingly-human standards, he is nonetheless considerably shorter than her.

The greying tips to his hair would suggest a bit of age to him, the slight amount of stubble and well-worn clothing speak of someone who could look quite smart, but seems used to roughing it a little bit, perhaps even enjoying living life without too much luxury.

But his eyes have a faintly wild look to them, as if there were something a little more bestial about him than may first seem apparent.

He smiles, and turns his head away for a moment to exhale, the smoke lingering about him with a faint pinkish-purple tinge to it. The aroma seems to carry through the air remarkably well. It's pleasant, with notable herbal tones to it, and may perhaps leave Anika feeling just a little bit happier.

"Remarkable, ain't it?" He asks, nodding at the nearest airship. "Reminds of me home. Different though, I reckon. Makes it all the more interesting." He offers a hand out to Anika. "Name's Atreyu. Ah'm near around here. Heard this is the place where folks doin' good tend to go. Seemed a good idea to head here myself. Ain't a member, mind. Reckon I wouldn't mind being one, though."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Pixie in the Playground

[Medical Facility - 2]

Svetlana looks shocked once they arrive at the lab, and looks curiously at Valiance. The lab did not look like this when they left. Did he have his AI making stuff in the background while they were on their way to Obsidian? Perhaps the moving crew also moved in some of these stuff?

That doesn't matter as much as fixing Obsidian and restoring Cessie's faith in them both. Not like she knows why she is being blamed when the brunt of the blame can be justifiably laid at Dr Valiance's feet. A man who it turns out lies as easily as breathing. Pity, and she had started to like him, too!

Not that Obsidian's life couldn't be in danger. She did get tranq'd, possibly OD'ed, and hit her head on a table, after all! Which means it's time to focus on stabilizing the poor girl. She helps the doctors strap her in, then holds the girl's hand for a while. "We will fix this, Obsidian-chan. I promise." With one last stroke of the girl's hair, she goes stonefaced and rushes to work, manning whatever controls are necessary for her to help with the procedure.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Default Shooting Range

"Thank you. I think that will be all." Saramond nods courteously. "Anything else you think I should know?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #1131

NinjaGuy

[Wenomir's Office]

Electra nods, and seems to relax slightly.

"Thanks. I don't think it's going to matter, but it's better if it's not well known, and I don't want it to cause issues with your people." She shifts again, unclasping her hands to fold her arms across her chest. So there's more that she shares in common with Wenomir. She's beginning to understand why Cass likes him. It's not just the sorceress' memories; he has a compassion to him that seems to be hidden well until someone gets to know him a bit. Her sister would probably have something salacious to say about all of this, and she can practically hear Yuki's teasing voice in her head saying it. Her expression goes unreadable for a brief moment, before it softens and takes a step towards him. "I think you and I are on the same page as far as gods go, but I'm glad to hear that there probably aren't many that people like me would need to worry about."

She pauses for a moment, and her eyes brighten.

"If you've got a few more people like that Blanche, I think you'd have a pretty good start for a task force. She's sharp. A few squads with people like her leading them might be able to let VIGIL get an edge on these people before they know what's hit them."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Medical Facility - guest-starring Spako]

What?
    "Only some people count as people?" she wonders. That sounds weird. But...if he says it, that's got to be right, right? "Okay...I guess I can try to figure that out."

His suggestion to not eat things that are smart enough to talk is a good starting point. "Yeah! If things can talk, then they probably have friends, right?" Makes sense to her.

She starts to pace around a bit, in order to commit this starting rule to memory. "What do you eat, then?" she asks since she's suddenly now curious.
    Medical Facility

Spako looks...concerned.
    "Obsidian, you know the difference between an animal and a person, right?"
    Because it sounds an awful lot like she doesn't.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Office]

Wenomir nods slowly.

"I know my people well and I know they'll give it their all against this threat. If their leaders think they can invade with impunity, they've got another thing coming. I should keep a close eye on Blanche. This was the first time I saw her in action... before, I was always elsewhere. She has potential."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #1134

[A Scholarly Visit]

Well, that was considerably less interesting.
    Seemed like a fairly standard test then, or so she assumed, which meant she'd be interrupting so perhaps it was best to be patient and wait a little bit until he was less busy or actually noticed her.
    If it takes too long however she will knock on the wall or a door to call his attention.

[Newcomer]

Aha! So it was a herbal concoction! She knew it! Just like her cousin was able to make!

"The ships? Yeah, they're pretty cool." She remarks with a glance at them. "We got ones back in my home too though so it isn't something completely new." So she felt kind of the opposite way about things she already knew about. Probably since she had no idea how they even worked in her own world.

She takes his hand in both of hers and gives him a firm and energetic handshake. "But nice to meet you, sir! I'm Anika Sunfletcher and I happen to be a member!" She smiles widely. "So you wanna be one too, huh? Am I right to guess it means you got some cool talent then?" Her eyebrows raise as she is mentally guessing what kind of cool skills he could have. "Since even if you only can make that smoke-y stuff, I'm already sold." Her smile turns into a grin, her sharp canines at display which also might come off as bestial.

25. - Top - End - #1135

[Newcomer]

The sight of Anika's sharp canines causes Atreyu to tilt his head slightly and raise an eyebrow. He hadn't sensed anything immediately nearby, but maybe things were different enough from back home that it wouldn't-

No, too much of an assumption anyway.

"That all it'd take, huh?" He remarks, with a chuckle. The notion of being allowed into an organisation because he could provide Anika with euphoric is amusing. He fumbles about in a pocket, pulling out a small bag of powder, tapping a measure into a slip of paper, and folding it with a flick of his fingers. "Well, s'long as it ain't gonna count as bribery fer whatever's actually required to join, yer welcome to have one on me, Miss Sunfletcher."

He leans back against a wall, offering it out to her, though without any apparent concern for whether she accepts or not. Wouldn't be right to take offence if someone said no. "As far as cool talents go, I dunno 'bout that. I know a bit about Air Corvs, but they ain't the same as what y'got here, and makin' one from scratch is beyond me. Druidism sorta runs in the family, but I 'pparently don't do it the proper way. Focused a bit on learnin' to summon elementals fer my little devices - only the non-sapient ones, mind, ain't right to do anythin' to a sapient one, of course. Maybe that all amounts to somethin' cool. What do you think?" He asks, letting his smile widen just far enough to show off his only sharp canines, just for a moment.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

As Dahl reorganizes and analyzes footage, Dr. Valiance spins about in his chair. "How do we fix this, buddy?" That was the question of the hour. "How do we get this thing strong enough to neutralize a guy without rupturing his everything?" This was an extra-aural sonic weapon, meaning that the weapon did not rely on damage to the ears in order to be effective, rather it worked by causing vibrations powerful enough to cause muscle contractions and tear tissue. "What we don't want is to head out into the field, and Ms. Mithar is like, "use the thing, Val", and then the thing just outright makes some guy's heart explode. That would be bad."

That is true, it would be. Certainly wouldn't make him look like he knew what he was doing. "On the other hand, if its too weak, we'll just jostle some fillings and all. Completely ineffective. So, I guess the question has to be..." Val frowns for a few seconds, still spinning absentmindedly in his chair. "Do we wanna err on the side of caution? Or just go nuts and hope for the best every time we use it?"

He muses on for several moments until someone knocks. At this, he swipes his hand and banishes the holographic panels which surround him.

With a curious expression on his face, he calls out into the hall.

"Uhh, hello? You can come in, or whatever?"

[Medical Facility - 2]

This was it, his day of reckoning - and he was ready.

Once he gets behind the controls, Dr. Valiance takes a deep breath. Don't think about this, just let things happen. He rubs his hands together before starting the process. Robotic arms attached to the ring which surrounds the cylindrical device above come to life, whirring noisily and whirring about. First, one arm descends to Obsidian's right. At its end, a colorful syringe twitches. After a second or so spent calibrating, the syringe is jammed into her neck. Its contents are delivered swiftly. Val speaks out as it does so, explaining exactly what was happening here. "Okay, so - what I just did was, uhh." He licks his lip, still focusing intently on the controls.

"That serum there, its mostly magnesium and calcium swimming around in biotic fluid." That sounded very official, good job. "It ought to counteract the spike in blood pressure." Now, here was the lie. The syringe he just injected Obsidian with was actually an inflammatory mixture meant to spike her blood pressure almost immediately. "Okay, you'll want to get a reading there real quick." Good, now there was proof of dangerous hypertension. "Okay, so! As you can see, blood pressure is not good - made worse by what happened upstairs, but! There's a positive. It should go down in like, five minutes."

And so it would! Now it was time for part two, though. "Okay, now this is for her head injury." A second robotic arm descends, promptly delivering its payload. "Okay, so! That was, uhhh - regenerative fluid. Physical injury should clear right up. Might have a headache, but should be fine." This was true. However, there was something more! This syringe contained an actual serum meant to counteract high blood pressure. Within a minute, her readings should normalize. At that point, Val speaks up again. "Ah, look! First serum has kicked in, blood pressure is totally regular. Take a reading on that, too." It looked completely accurate.

Now for the final part, restoring consciousness. As much as he did not want to, Cessie was here now.

Would they ever get their sample?

--

He presses a button. A final arm rears about, ready to inject Obsidian with an adrenaline boost capable of counteracting the tranquilizer.

"Okay, we sure we want to wake her up right now?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-07-29 at 07:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"But you have to do the work, enjoyable or not."

Oh, are we getting somewhere after all? Threaten Val with loneliness, that's the ticket?
    "I am a member here. And I'm quite interested in seeing what this lab can produce."
    She does have a phone, but she's not going to talk about it. She can just picture Val calling at crazy hours, ranting on about the meaning of philosophy...no thanks.

[On the Edge]

"It's automatic. Hard to turn off. And sadly, most people don't like my looks."
    Yes, silver glows with her around. If Mia has any on her, Sophia will steal a glance at it.

She heads around the side of the bench and sits down, folding all her hands in her lap.
    "Interesting. Did you know him there? Or are you likewise stranded here?" Just the first couple ideas to occur to her.
    [On the Edge]

It's her blade that contains silver, mostly at the hilt if i recall correct. That's where the holy Symbol is.

"He had a bad injury back in my world and I treated it. He lost his arm and part of his head in an accident. He was a great inventor. I never had the chance to talk to him. He left as soon as he could stand and then dissapeared. I am here on behalf of my god and can return anytime. The church in my homeworld found out he is here as well. None knows how he ended up here, but ,you may say this is a big coincidence." she replies with a sight, obviously not as happy about this as you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Thank you. I think that will be all." Saramond nods courteously. "Anything else you think I should know?"
    Shooting Range

"No, i think that is all. We can take a tour through the island to show you around everything." Mia replies. "Welcome to vigil."
    ((I think the tour can be handwaved since it is mostly just the First post of the thread))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #1138

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ah, finally. An invitation.

She moves up to the man and inclines her head into a curt nod. Not that she got the impression this man cared about such niceties. "Greetings, are you Valiance? Since I couldn't help but to notice that you're testing a weapon of some sort. Incapacitation, correct?" She inquires with her tome still held in one hand, deciding to wait with introductions for a moment.

[Medical Facility - 2]

Cessie doesn't know much about what Val is doing so she's trusting that Svetlana and the others will make sure that Dr. Valiance didn't commit any errors.
    Thus, it's Svetlana and the medics that she turns to once Val asks if they should wake up Obsidian. "Would anyone be opposed to waking her?" There's still an edge to her voice, Obsidian was nearly just a child and yet here she was on an operating table because someone had not done their job right.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

Once Ambrosia comes into view, Dr. Valiance begrudgingly rises up from his chair, scratching at his belly as he does so. "Hell yeah, Valiance - that's me." His response is at least somewhat enthusiastic. Now for a good look at this person. Was she a samurai or something? Why the weird armor? Also, who still read books. "The pleasure is, uhh - all mine." At that he extends a gloved hand.

Then she mentions weapons testing. At that, he sets his hands at his hips. Oh, he sure was weapons testing. Poorly, but still.

It was happening.

"That I am. Got a big decision to make."

"Incapacitation is the goal, yeah. But, uhh - we're having trouble finding that happy little place between totally useless and, well... turbodead."

30. - Top - End - #1140

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [On the Edge]

It's her blade that contains silver, mostly at the hilt if i recall correct. That's where the holy Symbol is.

"He had a bad injury back in my world and I treated it. He lost his arm and part of his head in an accident. He was a great inventor. I never had the chance to talk to him. He left as soon as he could stand and then dissapeared. I am here on behalf of my god and can return anytime. The church in my homeworld found out he is here as well. None knows how he ended up here, but ,you may say this is a big coincidence." she replies with a sight, obviously not as happy about this as you should be.
    "Isn't it good for your organization to have great inventors available?"
    Sophia asks curiously. "It is almost beyond belief that two people with such an important connection would both end up in the Nexus by accident."
    "But how is it a problem to you?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine