New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Rydiro's point being is that she wanted to preserve her vanity and her power warped circumstances and reality so that she could.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Rydiro's point being is that she wanted to preserve her vanity and her power warped circumstances and reality so that she could.
    Oh, I got that, but is it him she's obeying, or her subconscious self?

She warped reality, resulting in him turning into a tree that provides her fruit that keeps her looking young, in exchange for the regular murder of young women.

If her subconscious warped reality to turn him into the tree, and to make said fruit, would it not then be her subconscious that also put in the murder part?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

A lot of the power in this universe seems like self-actualization; you are trapped by your power. Whether that power comes from your Id or your Ego, depends on the person. So yeah - I can buy the interpretation that Mottom's subconscious fear combined with her innate power warped causality to create the circumstances that she finds herself stuck in. A prison of her own making. As to why the circumstances are so brutal instead of just life everlasting - I think it makes sense given that the circumstances where created through fear. The fear of losing her youth and beauty and the fear of her husband. I simply think, like all good horror stories, that fear warped the expression of her power to create this worst case scenario. Then the scenario compounds itself on that fear and guilt of keeping that fear alive. The only freedom would be a good therapist .

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

What's sad is that Mottom knows ....

And instead, grasps at someone who can wield the Power but isn't playing the Game.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    If her subconscious warped reality to turn him into the tree, and to make said fruit, would it not then be her subconscious that also put in the murder part?
    Good question. Probably hard to answer, from the things we know. Abbadon said immortality isn't an easy feat, since (human) soul flames tend to deteriorate. Perhaps squeezing out other soul flames (like devils do) is the easiest path to practical immortality. Perhaps one that Hastet was already walking (increased, brutal, literal? appetite for young women).
    Most other demiurges seem to kill people personally and regularly too.

EDIT: Looking at the things Mottom did, she didnt care about the Murder part. As soon as the tree blew up she went: "There are other paths to immortality, i will find them." Implying she never bothered to do so before. So murdering some pretties, who could challenge her best looks is totally okay for her.
    Last edited by Rydiro; 2020-08-27 at 06:32 AM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

New comic. Wherein Allison meets Zaid.

I hope we get to see that Zaid was a confused teen like Allison was when they were together. And that he is actually kind of a decent person.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Colossus in the Playground

Huh. I didn't have the impression they were in enough of a relationship to warrant tearful public hugging, but who knows.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

They being the last remnants of their homeworld to each other probably is enough by itself.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    New comic. Wherein Allison meets Zaid.

I hope we get to see that Zaid was a confused teen like Allison was when they were together. And that he is actually kind of a decent person.
    That's already the feeling I was getting, so it would make sense.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Why the heck should be not be a decent person?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well he is male, so one assumes something will turn out to be wrong with him before things finish shaking out just from that alone.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

We have seen very little of Zaid, so a lot of people are basing their opinions of him from what little we have seen - namely, him pressuring an obviously uncomfortable Allison into sex, and the unanimous opinion of her house sisters that he was, in their words, 'such a creep'.

It's a bit thin, obviously, but then again we're pretty certain to get some more character info on him.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Huh. I didn't have the impression they were in enough of a relationship to warrant tearful public hugging, but who knows.
    Their relationship? No.

But Zaid isn't a person to Allison so much as he is a GOAL. He represents the entire objective she's been training and struggling towards for pretty much the entire story so far, so at least on her part, tearful hugging is warranted, as he represents the successful completion of the mission she's basically dedicated her life towards for the past couple years.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    We have seen very little of Zaid, so a lot of people are basing their opinions of him from what little we have seen - namely, him pressuring an obviously uncomfortable Allison into sex, and the unanimous opinion of her house sisters that he was, in their words, 'such a creep'.

It's a bit thin, obviously, but then again we're pretty certain to get some more character info on him.
    Pretty sure that's been retconned as well. Which could be why there's a split with some seeing the old version first and some people coming in and seeing him differently.

15. - Top - End - #735

The version currently on the site still seems to be what I read back when, and there's definitely some amount of pressure there and she seems much less comfortable with the entire thing than he is.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah see, thats the bit thats confusing me. The claim about Zack pressuring anyone.
    He backs off when she express concern. Waits for Allison to -litterally- say she wants it before continuing.
    And still people find stuff to complain about?
    Even after learning Allison litterally planned to lose her virginity, just because she wanted to be someone else?
    Its her who are using Zach.
    Also, its her first time and she is sober. Of course its going to be awkward.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Also, its her first time and she is sober. Of course its going to be awkward.
    I think it was Zaids first time too (author said it somewhere). He was awkward, because he had no idea either.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

it's all that Solomon D wanted, why does he look so pensive then.
    did white chain read him too right?
    Handbook in Process:Getting the Facts Straight: A Guide to the Factotum

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Singular Band: There can be only one
    Khayal: A monster class worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    Player: I'll use a classic ploy. "Help! Guards! He's having a seizure!"
    DM: You're the only one in the prison.
    Player: I'm very convincing.
    DM: And there are no guards.
    Player: But there's masonry.
    DM: It's not even animate, let alone sentient.
    Player: That's ok. I'll take the penalty.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

It's what he SAID he wanted, and it's definitely not in the way he wanted it. Next page is when we find out if it was the truth or if he's just another powerhungry tyrant with an excuse.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    It's what he SAID he wanted, and it's definitely not in the way he wanted it. Next page is when we find out if it was the truth or if he's just another powerhungry tyrant with an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    No it isn't. Dude doesn't believe in democracy at all.

He SAID he wanted someone to prove their worth by matching him in strength so David could abdicate without the kingdom changing in structure.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yea SD wanted someone as powerful as his to protect his kingdom after he left, keeping the same power structure he built. To be honest White chain is being ludicrously hopeful here, she should realise the most likely outcome for this is an intergalactic war.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    By holding onto kingship he becomes unable to reach for Royalty
    Handbook in Process:Getting the Facts Straight: A Guide to the Factotum

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Singular Band: There can be only one
    Khayal: A monster class worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    Player: I'll use a classic ploy. "Help! Guards! He's having a seizure!"
    DM: You're the only one in the prison.
    Player: I'm very convincing.
    DM: And there are no guards.
    Player: But there's masonry.
    DM: It's not even animate, let alone sentient.
    Player: That's ok. I'll take the penalty.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Yea SD wanted someone as powerful as his to protect his kingdom after he left, keeping the same power structure he built. To be honest White chain is being ludicrously hopeful here, she should realise the most likely outcome for this is an intergalactic war.
    Ideally Solomon would remain to Shepard the new nation while it transitions to a democracy while doing his best not to enforce himself on its policies this maintaining his absolute protection whole being able to build themselves up as something greater. The reality is just that he could never keep his hands off.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Ideally Solomon would remain to Shepard the new nation while it transitions to a democracy while doing his best not to enforce himself on its policies this maintaining his absolute protection whole being able to build themselves up as something greater. The reality is just that he could never keep his hands off.
    He'd be too inclined to meddle, yes; his pride wouldn't have him as a protector, but not a leader.

25. - Top - End - #745

NecromancerGuy

Or he agrees to let the people decide for themselves and they decide, "We'd prefer it if Solomon stayed in charge, actually."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    It's not at all what Salami Dave wanted. He wanted to lose on his own terms. He didn't. His boner for this whole thing is dead as stone.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    It's not at all what Salami Dave wanted. He wanted to lose on his own terms. He didn't. His boner for this whole thing is dead as stone.
    What he wanted, theoretically, was to find, basically, Salami Dave 2.0. Somebody his equal in physical strength and will who can serve his role as both absolute monarch and Chief Defender of the Celestial Empire, so he could go off and meditate or whatever confident that his empire was maintained exactly as he wanted it.
    His Pepperoni Steve as it were.
    He didn't think he'd ever FIND pepperoni steve, but he looked anyway.

He's being asked to trust other people, at the very least with the ruling of his empire (I don't know if the system will work if, say, an elected council makes decisions, but the old God-Emperor sits around in case he needs to punch somebody for the good of the empire, and Salami Dave probably couldn't go seek royalty in that case.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #748

RedWizardGuy

New page.

Solomon David does raise a valid point. White Chain's request may sound simple on paper, but in practice, there's a lot of work to be done, the most important of which would be figuring out how to defend his people against demiurge level threats least they just get devoured by someone worse than he is. Still, maybe it'll give him the nudge he needed to at least get started.

What do you suppose
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jadis wants?

29. - Top - End - #749
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    What do you suppose
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jadis wants?
    Judging by that reaction... nothing good.

I mean, those words rarely preclude anything particularly pleasant happening, especially not when shouted, especially not when shouted by someone in a position of power.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

30. - Top - End - #750

So, the interesting thing to me there is that Solomon doesn't instantly panic when he sees Jadis. In panel five, he is calm. Then, something, presumably Jadis, begins to glow red, and he loses it.

So she's not just about to say something. She's doing something. Which given the colour makes me think of fire and explosions.