New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

We already know she's nuts. What that would show is that she has the survival instincts of a squirrel sugared up and on a vodka bender while huffing paint and popping shrooms.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    So what Bang just experienced is a Heterodyne who cares about other people. If that doesn't put the fear of all GGVerse deities in her, she's nuts.
    Where Gilgamesh went for grand threats of utter destruction, she presented chillingly calm and very focused 'friendly warning'.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    I think she likes Dupree: That friendly warning is delivered with enough punch that it might be taken seriously.
    Rather than an empty sounding threat, followed by death ray.
    I suspect if Dupree had stabbed Tarvek in a dark alley on mainland Europe, Agatha might have used the death ray.

As it is, Gil is watching. The Queen is keeping tabs on her. And there are diplomats waiting for her in a nearby room. So Agatha chose a subtle threat instead.
    Last edited by xroads; 2020-09-28 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    We already know she's nuts. What that would show is that she has the survival instincts of a squirrel sugared up and on a vodka bender while huffing paint and popping shrooms.
    That would explain the scar.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    And of course if all muscles are paralysed, that includes the heart and lungs, so the victim dies.
    Curarae paralyses all muscles except the heart, which makes it incredibly useful for performing surgery on people. I am going to assume that this poison sets the current state of the body as what the brain is trying to achieve, consciousness be what it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Bang's throat-cut scar is visible in every scene. I think it's real, and permanent, and I wonder how she survived an injury like that, and who inflicted it, and who treated it.
    I just always assumed it was it was a botched or last minute escape hanging.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I suspect decapitation.

Agatha already should have had a grudge against Bang, if she was informed of Zulenna's death. Bang almost got killed there, too, by von Pinn.

The problem with Bang here may be that she wasn't expecting Agatha to be normal, while she's used to dealing with Gil and Klaus, who let her do whatever she wants and treat horrid crimes like juvenile pranks. And she also could not have foreseen that Gil is just another servant of Agatha, and won't lift a finger to stop her, even when Agatha threatens his own (unless something happens next strip).
    The problem with Bang is that she's used to being considered useful, and it hadn't even occurred to her that Agatha might consider her dangerous instead. The Wulfenbachs treat her like a weapon of mass destruction and deploy her to areas where her particular blend of psychotic violence is useful,, but she made an enemy of Agatha through her treatment of Zulenna and the Circus, and Agatha also has indirectly heard what Bang did to her Chief Minion and his landship crew and almost definitely has put that particular 2 and 2 together. Basically, Bang needed a lesson in manners.

This little backlash, and really compared to some of the things Bang's done it's pretty reasonable, is to remind Bang that Agatha's circle of friends is to be taken seriously and that her casual violence is not going to be tolerated when it threatens Agatha's court, of which Tarvek is absolutely a member at this point. Prince "How Dare You" is off the table for now.

Also Bang and is no longer under the direct protection of the Empire which was a sweet deal for her and she's seeing what happens to independent pirates when they cross powerful rulers.
    Last edited by Imgran; 2020-09-29 at 04:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Can't help but wonder how that little meeting would have gone if Agatha hadn't said her piece in the previous episode, given what we know about Bang and Zeetha...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

And we see now that while Bangladesh Dupree is many things, suicidal is not one of them. Threat received and processed!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Zeetha actually believes Agatha can stay in one spot for a long time. How quaint.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

From today's page I love how Zeetha really considers Bang at least as a fun acquaintance if not a friend. Once she learns, who Bang is, things will get very emotional.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what are the chances Dupree joins Agatha's entourage as they travel around the world and grows more and more frustrated at her inability to subtly kill Zeetha while she simultaneously bonds with her until she finally snaps and admits the truth?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

13. - Top - End - #73

Just a note, is the Iron Sheik a reference to the professional wrestler, the Iron Sheik?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

14. - Top - End - #74

Beholder

The Young Ladies Cake and Mayhem Society has its priorities in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Woohoo, looks like they made the Kickstarter goal! Only three days left, so I'm not sure we'll be getting any of the stretch rewards, but it looks like the game will be happening.
    Last edited by Telonius; 2020-09-30 at 06:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    So, what are the chances Dupree joins Agatha's entourage as they travel around the world and grows more and more frustrated at her inability to subtly kill Zeetha while she simultaneously bonds with her until she finally snaps and admits the truth?
    I like this - but I'm afraid it's more likely to be "I'm going to cry as I kill you".
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    From today's page I love how Zeetha really considers Bang at least as a fun acquaintance if not a friend. Once she learns, who Bang is, things will get very emotional.
    Well, Zeetha does hang around the Jaegers, so some allowances must be made in calibration.

18. - Top - End - #78

Bang may end up losing her hat.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

That would be hilarious, but I don't quite see Bang in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    Woohoo, looks like they made the Kickstarter goal! Only three days left, so I'm not sure we'll be getting any of the stretch rewards, but it looks like the game will be happening.
    So close to the wire... I'm looking forward to this, and even if it doesn't pan out, at least I will have a full set of GG PDFs and the Buck Godot GNs.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Bang may end up losing her hat.
    Dot's right. Und any plan vere you lose your hat iz?

A bad plan?

You mean dis is vun of dose plans vere ve don't kill anybody? - Look Minsk - Gorb iz Jager profit!
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground

Wasnt there those time panels from all the way back early on where gil and agatha are looking at dupree and calling her a maniac or something? Basically, it suggested they were not on good terms any longer. Its entirely possibly bang is going to do something bad that turns even gil against her. So the warning is currently under consideration, but eventually her desire for revenge will take over.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah it looks like Bang is having to reconsider her plans after Agatha's gentle warning. But Zeetha's "let's go spar someplace" is a gift, Bang is just going to have to pick the time and place carefully. Doing a public challenge for a battle to the death probably won't work now as Agatha would almost certainly pull a favor from Alba to neutralize any such thing. Or take out Bang herself figuring it's better to apologize than risk Zeetha's death, particularly since a warning has already been given.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Wasnt there those time panels from all the way back early on where gil and agatha are looking at dupree and calling her a maniac or something? Basically, it suggested they were not on good terms any longer. Its entirely possibly bang is going to do something bad that turns even gil against her. So the warning is currently under consideration, but eventually her desire for revenge will take over.
    This Page. Agatha seems to know Bang and Gil calling Bang a maniac isn't that strange. He just seems irritated about what she is doing than anything else.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    This Page. Agatha seems to know Bang and Gil calling Bang a maniac isn't that strange. He just seems irritated about what she is doing than anything else.
    Also, keep in mind that those two windows in time happened in reverse order to what we see chronologically. That is, Gil called Bang a maniac after she pointed a gun at the lot of them, even though that technically only happened afterwards.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

24. - Top - End - #84

And that was back before she understood that Gil was not the buffoon she took him to be.

25. - Top - End - #85

Now i wonder if they're going through the time windows to track Bang back to her lair. And then to follow her crew and find where they met Zeetha. And then to track her back to Skifander...
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Now i wonder if they're going through the time windows to track Bang back to her lair. And then to follow her crew and find where they met Zeetha. And then to track her back to Skifander...
    That's a pretty interesting theory, I like it. Strange that Zeetha isn't in the windows if that's the case, but that would also give her plot immunity and erase all the tension between her and Bang. That'd be no fun.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    It's a nice idea, but it assumes that Bang intercepted Zeetha's ship at or near Skifander. Then again, I guess you could track her ship after/before the piracy.

28. - Top - End - #88

PirateGuy

Zeetha actually believes Agatha can stay in one spot for a long time. How quaint.
    Counterpoint: Castle Heterodyne

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateGuy

I see it more like Bang keeps shadowing the gang looking for revenge on Zeetha and winds up helping and getting helped a lot until she comes to the rescue because only she gets to kill Zeetha Skifander!

30. - Top - End - #90

They aren't going to leave England any time soon. They still have to confront Steelgarter and Mawda (or whoever has the Lantern now), have the big showdown with Albia, as well as solve the problem of England's sinking. And yes, I know that Agatha doesn't particularly care about that last one, she's still gonna solve it before she leaves.