New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Ah.
    Oi.
    I am scared.
    Five.
    Maybe five and half, or one not succesful bloodline ability.
    Up to you, how much of it, Senko can figure.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

So... Paper release, bat hearing, spirit hearing... two others, and a maybe...

Oh boy...
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

I am confused by the notes, I get that he is hearing a lot, but what about the blood? does the shark teeth just somehow make some sound that are particularly painful or Kimiko/Mitsuko just particularly "loud" compared to everyone else? I wouldn't be surprised by either interpretation.

and yeah, I think I get the story being told here and its real sad.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Well it supposed to be wierd hints. But.
    Spoiler: minor spoiler?
    Show

Somehow, Ottomaru gained more and more bloodline abilities which has morphed his body and it hurt like hell.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #635

Yeah, that's about what I got from the hints.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #636

For the record, I imagine that the process of the cell grafting technique is relatively quick, since it's based in part on replicating the process of Senko's cells changing or changing other cells she absorbs.

Though obviously there's a recovery period where she'll have to get used to... Well, grafting five bloodlines and a psuedo-bloodline in one graft, I imagine it'd be something quite... Cronenbergian at first.

...She might need to go to the hospital.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #637

Igor: You okay?

Raz: You waiting for Igor or is my most recent post to hard to respond to? I can change it if there's a problem.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

I am ok.
    Thank you for asking.
    My activity come in waves in a way, I notice. One day,I can reply over and over
    I am more stable in this, and this is thank to you, friends.

- - - Updated - - -

I'l reply tommorow night.
    Sorry for the wait

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ghost in the Playground

DrowGirl

Greetings one and all, but mostly greetings Rater.

I've been talking with Raziere in DMs and I've known Igor for quite a while now, so I guess you're the only one I haven't directly approached yet. Apologies for that.

At any rate, after Igor brought the game to my attention, I've expressed a desire to participate, and... Raziere made it clear this is a team effort, so all should be included in this discussion!
    Long story short, I'm not sure if either Igor or Raziere mentioned me and talked to you before, but I'll get right to the point.
    I've a character in mind that seems to fit well into the whole theme you've all built here of the Sound village, but it might be a bit similar to yours in some aspects.
    Briefly put, nothing is set in stone and I'm open for suggestions on how to make this more interesting and unique, but the general idea of the character is:
    She's a Vampire-esque shinobi (might be, might not be from the bat-clan Igor introduced) that uses a Kekkei Genkai that allows her to temporarily* use other Kekkei Genkais.
    The whole background is, as far as I know, entirely different from your own of Senko's (maybe aside from the vast experiments my character Might have gone through. Will elaborate later.), but the idea remains that her main modus operandi is using countless other bloodline techniques.
    At first I thought this will be a temporary effect. Similar to ninja pills that run out after a short duration. Maybe this could be expanded and extended to more long-term effects, maybe even permanent, during the play.
    That is, of course, if this is not a problem for any of you.
    I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak, in terms of play style and theme.

As for the background... I've a few options I've yet to decide which I'll go with, but your input and opinion would matter.
    Option one, she's a member of the bat-clan, but unlike them she proved to be... Unique. Maybe through genetic engineering, or maybe lucky mutation, she turned out to possess this unique bloodline technique.
    Another option is, of course, she is unrelated to the bat-clan. Maybe she's a descendant of some more ancient clan, much like the Otsusuki clan and the Hyuuga clan are related, but otherwise different. (mind you, this is just a crude comparison.)
    Regardless of her origin, I've yet a few more options for the rest of her background.
    Option one would be she is born in the land of rice, and is originally of the Sound village, but was abducted by the Leaf for her unique skills.
    A different option is that she is actually originally of a different village, and defected for some reason.
    If I go with the former option, it's possible her latent abilities evolved under the captivity of the Leaf, and the obvious experiments they had on her. Same is possible for the Sound, I presume.

Any and all points you guys may have for my idea are welcome.
    I'll be waiting to hear from you,
    Regards,
    Me

10. - Top - End - #640

If she's abducted to the Leaf Village then she might be able to be involved in the storyline until later, but otherwise... It's a bit similar to an antagonist Raz was working on...

Otherwise I'd need to see a finalized project to him my theories on.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ghost in the Playground

DrowGirl

Well, the abduction part is mostly a background story. She'll be back in the Sound before she actually joins the game. Or maybe escape the Leaf just as she joins the game, if you think it's better.

I'm more worried about the similarities in abilities, rather than story...

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. whats your characters goal, Maglanist? you keep talking about their past, what about their future? each character has some future they're aiming towards, does your character have any goals that might better inform the abilities they get? after all, the abilities of each ninja have a little symbolism to them that informs their character:
    -Naruto gets multi-shadow clone jutsu because he doesn't want to be lonely, so he creates a bunch of himself to work together with
    -Sasuke wants revenge so he gets the sharingan and fire, to symbolize his eyes being utterly focused on a bloody pursuit and a jutsu that burns everything its way to destroy
    -Gaara shuts people out, so of course he gets an ultimate shield that protects him but only because it cocoons him and keeps him from the seeing world around him
    -Rock Lee wants to see his full potential realized and be a great ninja no matter what he has to do so he gets the jutsu that can make him temporarily one of the most powerful people to exist at the cost of his health and life

things like that because often a characters goals and desires tie into the abilities they get or learn. so if you want a different ability, simply have a different goal that still aligns with others. like the differences between Kimiko's goal "learn all jutsu" and Senko's goal leads to very different abilities because Kimiko's the engineer and Senko's the geneticist. Yuyuyu has genjutsu to reflect her desire for be socially and politically influential through learning secrets and being the room where things happen, while Usagi with her impulsive emotional personality, rabbit summoning and seeking revenge for her village could be said to be leaping into danger.

so if you really want not to step on toes, perhaps think what they're trying to aim for rather than what they are, and that will tell what they currently are.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #643

For example, Senko is about permenantly modifying herself and combining her natural abilities with bloodlines and enhancements for the sake of creating a "perfect" Sage Mode. Essentially, she wants to be a new Sage of Six Paths.

She just did something that, among other thing, will give her paper release... as interpreted through Juugo's bloodline. As is, I'm thinking thin strips of paper that curl and weave around each other forming whips and tentacles that in turn will probably be a medium for other powers Senko gives herself, while Raz has mentioned thins like Kimiko combining Paper Release with Sai's Ink Jutsu, storage fuinjutsu, and written formulas to essentially carry around an arsenal of pre-cast jutsu.

drinking blood to gain the power to use a bloodline on a temporary basis and cycling between them is fine, becuase Senko is going about it in a manner that seems quite different than what you're going for and, should have an ultimate end result that's rater different.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome, Maglanist!
    I thought you meant a Konoha kidnapped by the sound village?
    But, yeah, past is important, but more relevant what the character is doing and why.

Usagi, my "prime" character is a legless shinobi who swore to never to be helpless.
    Simple idea, but it means to always to struggle and be at the same level as the tops.
    She has garaa-ish attitude, her past does influence of course her mental attitude and her technique set.

As for what going on right now.

Ahhhhhh.. it quite the crazy thing Senko did.
    I was thinking and thinking, because even "Futlity-san' passed the process over years, and it still ended realtivly bad for him.
    And I don't want to overly screw Senko.
    So thinking of reuslt that fit the risk, but won't end her story.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #645

Actually, I uh.

I was going to have the process of grafting too many bloodlines at once with an imperfect process react in unexpected ways to Senko's bloodline(Senko's only grafted her own Bloodline to rats.)

She will briefly turn into something Cronenberg-like and then end up with most of her body made of paper with ears in weird placed hidden among the strips.

Which is why she's standing there naked.

Was gonna start that next post.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

If you handle it, great.

Then I'l just reply to Jirou

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #647

For clarity's sake: Since Senko doesn't actually know what all she just grafted to herself, I'm not going to have demonstrate any new abilities until she recovers.

And being made of paper is temporary. She'll revert to flesh and blood once she either fully recovers or gets the means to perfect the process.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Ok.
    Just take in count the pain, and also the need to train all that.
    And she probably will have it harder then Ottomaru's slow and reltivly careful process.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #649

Yes and no.

Senko's process essentially partially replicates the process of the cell regeneration techniques artificially.

Basically, if you survive the grafting then you'll probably be fine. Eventually, you'll adapt: Especially Senko herself, since the process is essentially based on her own biology.

But yeah, she is in a lot of pain right now.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

ah. ok. I guess...
    well didn't imagined this jump in power, but I guess it is fine.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #651

So... That's the Fukimi and Komoro hearing powers, Paper Release, and Dead Bone Pulse?

So that's one bloodline and one partial left...

And based on his comment right before trying to blast Jirou with Acid, that probably also has something to do with his bloodlines?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

No. Actually the acid is not related to bloodlines.
    And maybe that why those are his favorite technique.

The "half baked" ability is from Yamanka.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #653

So, not a proper bloodline but a natural affinity to a certain kind of yin-release technique.

Which means there's one power unaccounted for.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Why?
    The four clans of the sound+not very succesful Yamanka.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #655

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Why?
    The four clans of the sound+not very succesful Yamanka.
    Becuase you said five and a half bloodlines when I asked?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ghost in the Playground

DrowGirl

I haven't forgotten to reply, I'm simply contemplating the questions you've raised regarding my character.
    And as typical, new ideas pop into my head all the time, so I need time going through them and compiling what I want.

27. - Top - End - #657

If you're still thinking "experimentation victim" as an origin, I've got a medic character I made as basically a supporter/seat filler character.

My Ichika(profile page 21) could have been a medic who cared for your PC during the "escaped back and recovering" period.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

First thing- again, I need to apologize for my activity.
    Schools and kinder gardens are down, so we are all happily stuck home together, but it means my energy and time is quite drained by my adorable three little leeches.
    Not really complaining, but it affect my online activity.
    I am trying to return to normal activity, but it about to learn the new patterns in out activity. I feel like National Geogrpahic researcher or some sheet.

Ah.
    Yeah. I was stupid about that.
    I have allergy to numbers to be honest.
    I have no idea how I passed the exams. Sorry.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #659

Jutsu Idea for Senko once she gets the hang of this.

Sage Art Paper Release: God of Paper (紙の神 Kami no Kami)
    Senko's limbs become long strips of senjutsu infused paper that pull apart and form around her into overly long arms and legs that end on cartoonishly oversized claws. The resulting limbs can extend many times over compared to normal.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

I myself goofed off again- the ablity to hear thoughts, is of clan Komoro. (the bat clan)
    But, to be fair in their lore, I have written, that often people confuse between the Komoro and Fukaimi's abilities,because the diffrences are rather nuanced.
    So.
    oops again..

------
    My previouse Avater