New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Even with refunds, Cyberpunk has sold 13 million copies in 10 days, making it possibly the biggest launch of the year.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Oh that one.

Ya I killed everyone without a second thought. You are editing a snuff BD, you made your choice.
    Just came across this gig myself and I wound up killing them both after talking with them and looking through the stuff they had on their computer. It was still a pretty big gut wrench though, I shot his son first and the fathers voice actors reaction was so despairing that I literally felt horrible for killing them after I did the deed.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    For a single armor piece?
    The impression I got from what's being said is that Yora's *total* armour is only 238? So, not just one piece, presumably?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Just came across this gig myself and I wound up killing them both after talking with them and looking through the stuff they had on their computer. It was still a pretty big gut wrench though, I shot his son first and the fathers voice actors reaction was so despairing that I literally felt horrible for killing them after I did the deed.
    They were both in their BD chairs when I did it.

They didn't wake up.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

A piece of armor (cyberware, technically) that grants 200 armor is fairly cheap to buy. If their armor rating is only 238, then it's likely they don't have that. I would say that's fairly similar to trying to RP a Vigilant in Skyrim; you're lacking some serious coverage.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

A piece of armor (cyberware, technically) that grants 200 armor is fairly cheap to buy. If their armor rating is only 238, then it's likely they don't have that. I would say that's fairly similar to trying to RP a Vigilant in Skyrim; you're lacking some serious coverage.
    I haven't bought it because Armor is bugged for me. Why would I waste money on upping armor when I've proved that on my game it does nothing? That would be like me buying the Cardio Pump (or whatever the low health instant heal one is called) knowing its bugged too.

Why would I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I was closer to the son and after I killed him first the fathers response made me have to set the game down and go pour myself a drink. The voice acting there was top shelf.
    I killed Dad first cause he was the most guilty of the pair. I was considering sparing the son, cause he was raised into the situation and could hopefully be convinced to help track murderers down...

... but when Dad went into his little justification tirade after first trying to deny the obvious and Son wasn't disgusted ...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I let them live (though somewhat disappointed that you can't do anything else but shot them or ignore them before you leave). But I thought everything the father says I wanted to reply back to him with a gun in his face.
    "This is just business." "If not me, someone else would do it." "I'm only providing what Night City demands."
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

There are a few really good purchases like that that are good to get early. I heard of that 200 armor one and went to find it and it was worth it. Definitely recommend double jump! It makes the game a lot more fun.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigestPantheon View Post
    There are a few really good purchases like that that are good to get early. I heard of that 200 armor one and went to find it and it was worth it. Definitely recommend double jump! It makes the game a lot more fun.
    Honestly I use the hold space to super-jump one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

11. - Top - End - #161

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Honestly I use the hold space to super-jump one.
    I like the fact that both were included, giving people to use their choice of enhanced movement. Customization like that is something I hope to see more of in future updates/DLC.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly I hope for playable AV's and ownable panzers. Maybe useable mechs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

New hotfix for PC. Apparently, this one patches the 8mb Save File corruption, so you can now craft to your heart's content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

New hotfix for PC. Apparently, this one patches the 8mb Save File corruption, so you can now craft to your heart's content.
    It was practically impossible to actually hit 8mb anyways but still a good fix just in case.

For armor the database in game says every 10
    Armor reduces incoming DPS by roughly 1. No clue how to actually convert that to damage reduction per hit though. It may explain why you can shrug off machine gun fire but snipers and other big hits destroy you.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    It was practically impossible to actually hit 8mb anyways but still a good fix just in case.

For armor the database in game says every 10
    Armor reduces incoming DPS by roughly 1. No clue how to actually convert that to damage reduction per hit though. It may explain why you can shrug off machine gun fire but snipers and other big hits destroy you.
    If you did a bunch of crafting or were a prolific collector you could.

And no, selling stuff doesn't help.

That's and incredibly odd way of doing things, as DPS is simply a metric by which we measure damage. Armor doesn't really reduce that, it reduces the damage you take per hit. So a gun that gets high DPS via high shot numbers (like an SMG) should have it's damage more impaired by armor. However, if it works off of DPS then wouldn't everything be affected equally?

That is... Just a very odd way of trying to explain armor
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2020-12-24 at 01:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Spiffing Brit in his fair and balanced videos said it's 40 armor = 1 damage reduced.

(can't wait to get this and dlc's, mostly bug free, for 10 or 15 € in a few years :p )
    Last edited by thirsting; 2020-12-24 at 04:53 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

I'm torn on the game so far. Played it a bit and while it's awesome, it just feels a bit 'off'. At this point the plan is to just shelve the game for a bit and maybe let the patches roll out for a bit. Annoying, but I've got so many games in the backlog it doesn't really matter :)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow! I decided to switch pistols and went from Lexington auto-pistols to a Nue. Talk about stopping power. This thing seems to be a down-scaled desert eagle. On a good hit, it makes enemies stumble and kicks them to the ground, and can completely remove limbs.
    This makes me feel even more like Judge Dredd.

Does anyone know what Tech-Weapons do? Power-weapons are obvious, and Smart-weapons are for shooting around corners. Tech-weapons I don't understand.

Also 15 gb PS4 patch.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Does anyone know what Tech-Weapons do? Power-weapons are obvious, and Smart-weapons are for shooting around corners. Tech-weapons I don't understand.
    Tech-weapons can be charged up for extra damage and shooting through cover.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

20. - Top - End - #170

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tech weapons not only allow charging/blasting through walls and cover, but also typically scale independently with some technical side perks - so crafting paths get some killing love.

Aside from that, finished a play through. Holy ****, that ending was Blade Runner (in a good way) as all get out.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by KineticDiplomat View Post
    Aside from that, finished a play through. Holy ****, that ending was Blade Runner (in a good way) as all get out.
    Which one did you go for?

22. - Top - End - #172

WolfInSheepsClothing

Corporate, following the instructions, with a corporate double down.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Tech-weapons can be charged up for extra damage and shooting through cover.
    Combine that with ways to highlight enemies you can't even see (like the Ping or Friendly Camera quickhacks) and Tech weapons let you become a wallhack sniper. Ping the door guard, then snipe half the hideout before even setting foot inside.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

That also sounds fun. I already have technical as my highest stat, so I'll give it a try.

Though walking into a bar to kill the owner upstairs with a big semi-automatic pistol makes me feel like playing Taxi Driver.

One time I shot a guy's arm off and he just kept shooting at me with his other arm.
    He did bleed white, though. Which I'd never seen before, and is universal sci-fi code for this is a mostly non-organic body.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

That also sounds fun. I already have technical as my highest stat, so I'll give it a try.

Though walking into a bar to kill the owner upstairs with a big semi-automatic pistol makes me feel like playing Taxi Driver.

One time I shot a guy's arm off and he just kept shooting at me with his other arm.
    He did bleed white, though. Which I'd never seen before, and is universal sci-fi code for this is a mostly non-organic body.
    Yeah, you'll get a number of different blood colours. I've seen white, green and blue.

Anyway, I finished my run. Went for

Spoiler
    Show
    Nomads, assaulted Arasaka Tower in a goddamn tank, left the city for good with Panam.

Spoiler: Double Spoilers
    Show
    I might see if I can get the hidden ending. I'm within spitting distance of the relationship with Johnny I need, a few different choices in the convo with Hanako and I might hit 70 there, either that or it might be available at 60 as well.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

How are people finishing this game? I played it several hours every day since it came out, and I'm currently
    Spoiler
    Show
    plotting with Takemura to get him to Hanako and planning to make first contact with Panam next.

I have three progress trackers in the menu, which are currently at 30%, 10%, and 10%. I think this game will take me well over 200 hours.

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler: Double Spoilers
    Show
    I might see if I can get the hidden ending. I'm within spitting distance of the relationship with Johnny I need, a few different choices in the convo with Hanako and I might hit 70 there, either that or it might be available at 60 as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're out of luck. Unless you took the correct choices at Johnny's grave, you won't get the secret ending. That's how you get the 70 in the first place, and also how people managed to get it with 50. With 60 it seems you're SOL if you did all the Johnny related missions... If you manage to boost to 70 though tell me how, it's the only ending I'm missing...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

How are people finishing this game? I played it several hours every day since it came out, and I'm currently
    Spoiler
    Show
    plotting with Takemura to get him to Hanako and planning to make first contact with Panam next.

I have three progress trackers in the menu, which are currently at 30%, 10%, and 10%. I think this game will take me well over 200 hours.
    If you laser focus the main quests and ignore side-quests you can finish it fairly quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I just had a quest get stuck and went back to an older save, then did a couple of things in a different order than before. And somehow I ended up with the quest Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy (steal a shard from a diplomat in a Kabuki hotel) not appearing. I looked a bit around and it requires finishing the quest Welcome to America, Comrade (bug the imported car in Kabuki), as well as having a bit of main story progress and 15 street cred.
    The quest does not become available immediately after completing Welcome to America, though I have well over 30 street cred by now. Waiting some time also doesn't trigger it. Does anyone know if these follow-up quests appear after gaining a new character or street cred level, or doing a story mission, or anything like that?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

That’s a gig isn’t it? I find you need to be near the gig location out of a vehicle to have the fixer call you for it.