New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXI: Find Me an Epic Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post

Find me a bumper sticker.
    I'm pretty sure this is not the only time we see it, but I couldn't find the other one(s).

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is not the only time we see it, but I couldn't find the other one(s).
    Nice, would have never noticed it.

Which purveyor of pancakes would Belkar proposition to "🎵 pour some sugar on me"*?

(He might do so by pointing one thumb up and the other thumb sideways.)

* - Edit: For anyone who's not a refugee of 80s music, the song is a thin allusion to wanting a sex taint.

Edit again: Adding a minor hint.
    Last edited by arimareiji; 2021-04-17 at 08:10 PM.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

3. - Top - End - #603

Bigger hint, since I'm not sure I'll be awake at the 24-hour mark... the alternative would be for him to hate her.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
    Bigger hint, since I'm not sure I'll be awake at the 24-hour mark... the alternative would be for him to hate her.
    Ah, that is definitely a big hint! Mrs. Buttersworth is great for pouring sugar (syrup, of course).

Anyway, who did Thor smile upon?

Peelee’s Lotsey

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Anyway, who did Thor smile upon?
    Haley.

Who's inquiring about being drawn into a mesmerizing web of erotic subtext?

6. - Top - End - #606

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Haley.

Who's inquiring about being drawn into a mesmerizing web of erotic subtext?
    Elan, with Durkon Durkula of all people... I'd never noticed that he seemed disappointed to find out it wouldn't happen, and he didn't ask until after being bitten. "Fourth choice just in the party", indeed. (^_~)°

What drama-enhancing gesture did Tarquin think was good enough to write down for later?

7. - Top - End - #607

BardGuy

What drama-enhancing gesture did Tarquin think was good enough to write down for later?
    Punching a bunny? It doesn't feel like something drama-enhancing, but it's the only thing I can remember him wanting to note.

8. - Top - End - #608

Punching a bunny? It doesn't feel like something drama-enhancing, but it's the only thing I can remember him wanting to note.
    That was it. I couldn't think of another way to express his love for dramatic convention, with "dramatic" being even more out given the way "climactic" has bled into it.

9. - Top - End - #609

BardGuy

Alright then. What increased a certain faction's profits by ~0.003%?

10. - Top - End - #610
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Alright then. What increased a certain faction's profits by ~0.003%?
    He was just being polite by returning the equipment. OQ
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Find 3 Board, Card, or Dice games that are mentioned by name.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    I see:

Parcheesi

Yahtzee

Promethean the Created

Civilization (they made a board game version of the computer game).

If enough of those count, OQ.

13. - Top - End - #613

OldWizardGuy

They will count. I was also thinking of Go Fish

14. - Top - End - #614

Find a strip that has practical applications of both economics and anatomy & physiology, while poking fun at mythology and game mechanics. And it also involves a time skip*.

* - probably to a point after the comic ends, given that ) it would take a long time to make that much money and 2) it's a time where goblins can become wealthy without being killed on sight by greedy adventurers

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Find a strip that has practical applications of both economics and anatomy & physiology, while poking fun at mythology and game mechanics. And it also involves a time skip*.

* - probably to a point after the comic ends, given that ) it would take a long time to make that much money and 2) it's a time where goblins can become wealthy without being killed on sight by greedy adventurers
    That longer hint gave me what I needed; you must be referring to Goblin Dan and the hydra.

What do clerics normally get taught to do (as opposed to something they aren't taught to do)?

I guess this words pretty broadly but there's some exact wording in the strip that should clarify it.

16. - Top - End - #616

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    That longer hint gave me what I needed; you must be referring to Goblin Dan and the hydra.

What do clerics normally get taught to do (as opposed to something they aren't taught to do)?

I guess this words pretty broadly but there's some exact wording in the strip that should clarify it.
    What'd you know, Elan succesfully taught someone something? (Panel 5)

OQ, as I don't have time.
    Last edited by Taevyr; 2021-04-18 at 07:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Find a comic where elan points and laughs at someone twice, from two different directions.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    Real world tabletop games? That question sounds familiar, I think I answered it already. Not this one, that's way too old. Ah yes, here it is. And it links to the previous occurrence too. Only now we can add go to the answers, because O-Chul mentions it by name in #1042 final panel.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2021-04-18 at 08:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    Find a comic where elan points and laughs at someone twice, from two different directions.
    Roy, in panels 5 and 7.

OQ

20. - Top - End - #620

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Real world tabletop games? That question sounds familiar, I think I answered it already. Not this one, that's way too old. Ah yes, here it is. And it links to the previous occurrence too. Only now we can add go to the answers, because O-Chul mentions it by name in #1042 final panel.
    And here's the next post after the one you're referring to directly, wherein you brought up that "We just had that question" 12 years prior (now 13). I wish my memory were even a quarter as good. (^_^)°

Quote Originally Posted by Yxylu View Post
    Roy, in panels 5 and 7.

OQ
    Weirdly, I had just passed up on that one, because I couldn't think of any good way to ask about Roy passing up a chance to say "I told you so" (to Hinjo). You have better eyes than me. (^_^)b

When do we learn that Roy has no problem eating messy food with his bare hands, despite the existence of utensils in the Stickverse?

Edit: Impatience, and lack of faith in my ability to be oblique without being obscure, strike again: "Although maybe he's just in a hurry to finish in less than ten minutes before Durkon finishes casting."

+hint edit 2.
    Last edited by arimareiji; 2021-04-19 at 10:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

arimareiji: I think that one was ironic. Twelve years ago, I didn't even know that this forum existed. I don't do most of these references from memory, I use a computer for them. This time, even though I recalled that there was a question about listing tabletop games that I answered, it took me minutes of search to find the specific question.

Also most questions are much easier to search if you already know the answer, and that applies to this question too, since Yxylu gave the answered. Posters usually link to the strip in the answer post, so I can search for the strip number. This doesn't always work, because new posters don't have the power to link yet, so they mention the strip number in various format, some of which my script doesn't detect, but it mostly does work.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

When do we learn that Roy has no problem eating messy food with his bare hands, despite the existence of utensils in the Stickverse?

Edit: Impatience, and lack of faith in my ability to be oblique without being obscure, strike again: "Although maybe he's just in a hurry to finish in less than ten minutes before Durkon finishes casting."

+hint edit 2.
    That clue was what I needed. I think you’re talking about Mom-balaya, right? Do we have evidence of utensils in Celestia?

OQ.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-04-19 at 11:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

-.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

24. - Top - End - #624

That clue was what I needed. I think you’re talking about Mom-balaya, right? Do we have evidence of utensils in Celestia?

OQ.
    Bingo, and thank you for asking...
    Spoiler: utensils
    Show
    it's silly, but I checked beforehand and then saved links. (I didn't want to call it out, unless I were sure they had been shown in the Stickverse as per the wording. Which is different from "in Celestia"... but I can't think of a reason utensils would be forbidden, unless they're somehow Chaotic or Evil.)
    • Leave it to a rogue* to have the DEX to use just chopsticks to eat pancakes in panel 7. (^_~)
    • V appears to be using a spoon in panel 6, but it's hard to be sure.
    • Redcloak's idiom in panel 4 appears to indicate forks are used in the kitchen, at least.

* - though it looks like Elan plans to try, and Durkon is using them with eggs and bacon

arimareiji: I think that one was ironic.
    Spoiler: collapsed for space
    Show
    Twelve years ago, I didn't even know that this forum existed. I don't do most of these references from memory, I use a computer for them. This time, even though I recalled that there was a question about listing tabletop games that I answered, it took me minutes of search to find the specific question.

Also most questions are much easier to search if you already know the answer, and that applies to this question too, since Yxylu gave the answered. Posters usually link to the strip in the answer post, so I can search for the strip number. This doesn't always work, because new posters don't have the power to link yet, so they mention the strip number in various format, some of which my script doesn't detect, but it mostly does work.
    I really do wish my memory were even a quarter as good as easily recalling minor events from 12 years ago, which I assumed
    Spoiler: collapsed for space
    Show
    to be the case... some days I'm lucky when I can recall minor events from 12 days ago. But given how much I myself rely on "external memory-assistance devices" like searches, reminders (including alarms), and to-do lists, I shouldn't have assumed.

That said, personally I don't understand the value of calling people out because someone else asked a related question years ago. I'm not sure how much harm is caused by unintentionally repeating an old question -- if someone were minded to spoil the game, it seems like using a search engine to look for key words would be much more effective than using a search engine to look for old questions.

25. - Top - End - #625

BardGuy

Hey, can you tell me why you point these things out? Because it seems like you're pushing for every question to be original, which isn't a rule of the game, and I don't wish it were otherwise.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bingo, and thank you for asking...
    Spoiler: utensils
    Show
    it's silly, but I checked beforehand and then saved links. (I didn't want to call it out, unless I were sure they had been shown in the Stickverse as per the wording. Which is different from "in Celestia"... but I can't think of a reason utensils would be forbidden, unless they're somehow Chaotic or Evil.)

I don’t know about knives and spoons, but Fork is a red card, and therefore Chaotic.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-04-19 at 03:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #627

BlueWizardGirl

Find a humanoid's head breaking someone's fall.

(Also I think b_jonas just mentions old questions for fun.)
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

28. - Top - End - #628

I don’t know about knives and spoons, but Fork is a red card, and therefore Chaotic.
    That works, and by deduction we can assume:
    • Chopsticks are Lawful, since they require treating everything as discrete objects.
    • Spoons represent amorphous Good intent (not to mention "bringing things together for a common purpose"), and
    • Knives are inherently Evil since they're inherently destructive, even when harnessed to accomplish Good goals. (Kinda like Belkar, who's also pretty stabby.)

So, there we have it. Until V can find a culinary alignment expert (panel 2), we've conclusively proven that chopsticks and spoons are the only utensils allowed in Celestia. Which probably makes dining at All Steaks Go To Heaven a completely-arbitrary challenge, but I bet Lawful patrons prefer it that way (last panel). (^_~)b

29. - Top - End - #629

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Find a humanoid's head breaking someone's fall.
    I suppose this counts?

Find me two people implying that Xykon is stupid. I wanted three but couldn't find three :'(

30. - Top - End - #630

I suppose this counts?

Find me two people implying that Xykon is stupid. I wanted three but couldn't find three :'(
    I don't know if it counts as a serious implication of fact versus a casual insult, but Roy has one in the same strip as the Mom-balaya (600:2):
    "...you've managed to finally perfect the art of disrupting the spellcasting of a dummy."
    "Well, Xykon IS a sorceror..."
    "Point taken."

I'm sure Redcloak has a bunch, but none jump to mind right off.
    It's too bad bonus content is off-limits, because almost everyone in SoD takes a shot. (^_~)
    Last edited by arimareiji; 2021-04-19 at 07:14 PM.