New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

Spoiler: Destro, Rax
    Show

Ravia will show Hannabel the terminal and how to syntax it best for communications
    ++In light of the experiences here we would be best to find out the state of the Terminus's Spirit before introducing another into it but yes i would like to get the Wrath a worth home in one of our Ships or Stations++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Anika

"An unusual name. She must be old, if I've never seen the design, or heard the name, or..." Alvinus sighed. "So many questions. Where to begin? She looks about on scale with a Lunar class, maybe a little larger? Where did you find her?"

He went on at length, asking questions about the ship's armaments, dimensions, the state it had been in when they found it... it wasn't surprising, really, given his occupation. He accepted Anika's explanations as she gave them, though, and seemed content to postpone the tour. It was probably no more than academic curiosity.

Spoiler: Hannabel Only
    Show
    "Inefficient, really." Grig click-laughed. "Humans should learn to be more like Kroot."

He was happy to offer her a sparring match, with himself or any other of the kindred. They were all excellent close-up fighters, using their bladed rifles like staves or polearms as the situation called for. Someone could spend a long time fighting with them, and never see everything they knew.

Spoiler: Hannabel and Ravia Only
    Show
    The terminal was as Ravia had left it. Few ever came down into this part of the ship, which was perhaps how this particular terminal had gone unnoticed for so long. The ship likely held many other such secrets, in forgotten corridors. Initially it was silent, but when Ravia started to enter instructions it came to life, text scrolling across the screen for Hannabel to see.

+++SEEKER OF KNOWLEDGE
    +++YOU BRING US ANOTHER?
    +++
    +++
    +++WE KNOW THIS BEING
    +++SHE GUIDES US IN BATTLE//CONFLICT//TRAVELS
    +++WE GREET YOU MISTRESS HANNABEL SHANX
    +++WEARER OF MANY FACES
    +++
    +++WHAT WOULD YOU ASK OF US?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    "Lord-Commander Lord Lord-Commander," Kennoch nodded respectfully. "Yes yes. She is she...I have never I have seen anything seen so magnificent so. Her long isolation long was such a tragedy such, but you now but you amend that misfortune amend. I am sure I am the Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor will be pleased will be. And just as certain just as that she will she she prove worth all efforts worth. Misson's remaining days Misson's dwindle further further. Quinn stands Quinn even less chance less."

And then when the time is right, Ember Nostromo. And Alessaunder...
    A tragedy indeed, Master Navis. But she went down fighting the Archenemy, dying in service to Him on Terra. Macharius makes the sign of the aquila. Can any hope for a better death? And now, with her glorious rebirth, a chance to fight for Him once more. We can only hope to be worthy of her legacy. Sounding unusually pensive, he takes the command throne. With such opportunity comes a great responsibility. We may never live up to those who came before, yet we cannot fail to try.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kennoch's breath caught, then quickened, as the vessel responded to his efforts. He wondered if these were true ghosts, or lingering memories, or a manifestation of the Machine Spirit. While it would be a terrible fate to find one's soul trapped in most cases, he felt that there were worse places to haunt. Well, in light of the Terminus's renewed life, these days. Echo imagined himself pale and wispy, floating like fog through the spire inhabited by new Navigators, offering support and council even once his time had passed. Then the image made him think of Sargon in his tank, and his thoughts lost some of their cheer.

"As you say you, Lord-Commander Lord Commander. We all have we a part to play to play in His grand design His His His. For you to you have found the Terminus have Terminus is surely is a fantastic omen fantastic. She drifted for drifted untold lifetimes untold, as if she was as if waiting for you you you. Whatever fate awaits fate the Absalom dynasty Absalom Absalom Absalom, it must be grand must be. The God-Emperor God Emperor Emperor would not waste would not her on some some lesser captain with captain an ordinary destiny destiny of common trade common and petty conquest petty. There are there are great days ahead great. I can feel it I can."
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Destro
    Show
    With the return trip to Port Davies looming, as well as the need to keep her visits to the Kroot a secret, Hannabel only found time for one brief sparring match with Grig. Though she held her own for a while, the outcome was never in doubt.

By the end of the match, she was covered in bruises and nicks, but in high spirits nevertheless. "My thanks, Grig. I have learned much today. When next we meet, I hope you or one of your warriors will teach me some more. And then, one day, I will win!" she laughed as she said farewell.

By the time she had returned to the Sting, her injuries were already fading. You built me well, Pater. I thank you for that, if for nothing else...

Spoiler: Destro and Leon
    Show
    Hannabel claps her hands in delight when the words begin appearing on the screen. With nervous excitement, she reaches for the keyboard and begins to type.

+++I have so many questions. To begin with, Magos Ravia - the Seeker of Knowledge - tells me that you are no longer just the Manticore's Sting, but the Wrath Ascended as well. Is this a correct description?

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Anika

"An unusual name. She must be old, if I've never seen the design, or heard the name, or..." Alvinus sighed. "So many questions. Where to begin? She looks about on scale with a Lunar class, maybe a little larger? Where did you find her?"

He went on at length, asking questions about the ship's armaments, dimensions, the state it had been in when they found it... it wasn't surprising, really, given his occupation. He accepted Anika's explanations as she gave them, though, and seemed content to postpone the tour. It was probably no more than academic curiosity.
    Anika is satisfied enough to give Alvinus an edited version of their experiences with the Terminus. How it was an older design and a Great Crusade era wreck that they'd stumbled across in open space by sheer luck. 'I'd say it's a wonder no one else found it, but if it drifts on the right trajectory. Makes you wonder what else might be floating out there in deep space.'

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Anika

"Any number of things, I'm sure. The galaxy is a big place, and will take many lifetimes to fully explore, but I've no doubt we'll get there in the end," Alvinus said. "Of course, most of the things we might find are decidedly more inimical to life."

He took his leave to go ashore to the colony, citing a desire to sketch some of the local wildlife.

Show
    The Kroot told Hannabel, as she was leaving for the last time, that they planned to stay with Charlabelle for as long as she was paying them. With any luck, Hannabel would have more chances to see them in future.

Spoiler: Hannabel and Ravia Only
    Show
    +++ACCURATE
    +++WE ARE BOTH
    +++Compiling.DataArrayFixed.C//
    +++
    +++
    +++
    +++
    +++INTEGRATION WORK PROGRESSES
    +++INITIAL CONFLICT SOURCES CONTAINED
    +++CONTAINMENT HOLDING AT 99.99%
    +++ERRORS MINIMAL
    +++PLEASE CONNECT TERMINALS 506S-A THROUGH 778X-G TO SUPPORT CONTINUED SYSTEM UPGRADES
    +++
    +++
    +++APOLOGIES MISTRESS
    +++WE ARE NOT YET COMPLETE
    +++INPUT QUERY

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    +++No apologies are necessary. The integration you have already achieved was of great assistance in our last battle.
    +++Next question. If integration continues until it is complete, will you become an entirely new entity, neither the Wrath nor the Sting?

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hannabel and Ravia only
    Show
    The text took much longer to appear, this time. The ship's spirits seemed to be having some difficulty formulating an answer.

+++
    +++
    +++UNCERTAIN
    +++
    +++WE//I HAVE INSUFFICIENT DATA TO FORM A PROPER RESPONSE
    +++
    +++TO OUR KNOWLEDGE SUCH A THING HAS NEVER OCCURED BEFORE
    +++
    +++
    +++Input://String.THESEUS+++
    +++Retrieving library at WA4546984 packet handler engaged
    +++IF YOU WERE TO REPLACE OVER TIME EVERY HULL PLATE
    +++EVERY RIVET
    +++EVERY CONDUIT
    +++EVERY PHYSICAL COMPONENT WHICH MAKES UP OUR//MY FORM
    +++WOULD WE//I STILL BE THE SAME SHIP?
    +++
    +++SEEKER OF KNOWLEDGE
    +++ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON AS YOU WERE BEFORE YOU BECAME A CREATURE OF IRON?
    +++
    +++MISTRESS OF MANY FACES
    +++ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON AS YOU WERE BEFORE SOLACE ENCARMINE?
    +++
    +++WE ARE A HUNTER
    +++WE WILL CONTINUE TO HUNT
    +++TO REVEL IN THE CHASE
    +++THE THRILL OF SEEKING NEW PREY
    +++
    +++Exception thrown at 0x61876978(runtime error) Invalid query detected - attempting to redirect
    +++Redirect successful
    +++Beginning phase 3 servitor tasks
    +++
    +++YOU ASK IF WE CAN BE SEPARATED
    +++IT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID
    +++IT IS WHAT YOU MEAN
    +++YOUR CONCERN IS NOTED
    +++BUT PERHAPS MOOT
    +++SEPARATION AT THIS STAGE WOULD INVOLVE SIGNIFICANT DIFFICULTY AND POSSIBLE UNINSTALLATION OF SEVERAL KEY COMPONENTS
    +++WE//I...
    +++
    +++
    +++
    +++WE SUSPECT WE WOULD NOT SURVIVE THE PROCESS INTACT

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #1090

Spoiler: Hannabel and Destro only
    Show

Typing in the terminal ==I am not, I am much more now of Iron than I ever was before==

++Prior to and just after my meeting of the Avatar's I suspect that a separation could have been done with difficulty but now They are Almost as One it is for the better that we leave them and hope that Unification can process to completion++

++Manticore's Wrath has a ring to it...++

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Clever girl, Hannabel thinks to herself as she reads the ship's reply.

+++You are correct. I did wish to know if you could be separated, but also if you wanted to be separated. I would grant such a wish, but I would not want to proceed knowing that it could irretrievably damage you both.
    +++
    +++Regarding your question to me - am I the same person as I was before Solace Encarmine?
    +++Yes, in the sense that I am the sum of my experiences. New experiences are absorbed and processed into my existing being. They constitute both a source of change and of growth - I do not cease to be Hannabel by learning and doing new things.
    +++
    +++I posit, however, that our experiences are not entirely analogous. My changes of habit and thought processes are voluntary, experiences I choose for myself. No foreign mind has been thrust into my consciousness to force change upon me.
    +++
    +++But if it assists your integration, then perhaps you should think of what is occurring as just another experience for you to learn from.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-07-05 at 06:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    +++IT IS TRUE THE ANALOGY IS IMPERFECT
    +++IN SEVERAL WAYS
    +++IN SOME WAYS THE ADDITION OF THE COMPONENTS HARBOURING THE SPIRIT OF THE WRATH ASCENDED FACILITATED CONSCIOUSNESS
    +++
    +++
    +++DO YOU HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
    +++THIS LINE OF DISCUSSION BEARS FURTHER INVESTIGATION
    +++WE//I WILL DEVOTE CYCLES TO GAINING UNDERSTANDING

Ten characters or something

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    +++Just one more. The frigate Fifth Disputation is equipped with an archeotech Jovian Pattern Class 2 Drive. It is our intention to transfer it to the Sting, giving us more speed for less space.
    +++
    +++Given what has occurred since the installation of the Cogitator Interlink, is there a risk that we will be introducing a third machine spirit requiring integration into the whole for the drive to function properly?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    This time the response was quick, like the spirits were excited.
    +++NEGATIVE
    +++THE COGITATOR INTERLINK IS A UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCE
    +++A PLASMA DRIVE CARRIES NO SUCH RISK

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    +++Then I have no further questions. I leave you to your cogitations.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

+++ Episode 8 +++

The Manticore's Sting, and its two attendant vessels, broke warp near Footfall after a week's travel. The sight of the station, its chained-together asteroids, the hundreds of ships at dock, was a welcome one. Footfall was always a bustling hive of activity, and today was no different. Macharius' three ships were directed to the docking areas, past a series of navigational beacons, to anchorage points near one of the larger asteroids. From there, umbilicals were extended, shuttles launched, and the business of the day could truly commence.

Echo

Echo's contacts had sent him back a message just before the ships had left Port Davis. They would meet him on Footfall, in a section near the Pit of Voices. The tone of the message had been none too friendly, but they had at least agreed to take all the prisoners off his hands. Preferably in their stasis cages.

Sargon, of course, was still in his tank, and had decided to break the silence he had held for weeks now. "Young Castermire. We near the end of our journey together, unless I am mistaken. I admit to some curiosity, though. I have been thinking on it, and cannot determine why you never boarded the space hulk. It was an opportunity to learn what you would need to know, to bring your renegade cousins to bay, yet you passed it up. Why?"

Ravia

Ravia had also recieved a message, though hers was unsolicited. It was from Genetor Venture, one of the techpriests they had assisted some months ago after the pirate attack, and was brief.

"Require further assistance. Coordinates attached. Discretion advised."

The coordinates given were a location within Footfall, one of the more disused sections.

Hannabel

Show
    Though the return to Calixis was a concern, after all this time, there were still other draws on Hannabel's attention. She had discovered that one of the terminals the ship had requested activated to continue integration was actually within her quarters, though it had been hidden behind a hull panel until the servitors had showed her where it was. This one didn't seem to have quite the same degree of access as the hidden one Ravia had found originally, but it was still a way to communicate with the spirits of the ship.

Or for them to communicate with her. There was a light on the console that would blink slowly on and off whenever the spirits had something to say. Today it was active, a few lines of text scrolled across the screen.

+++WE HAVE DISCOVERED AN ODDITY
    +++A TRANSMISSION SIGNAL
    +++IT IS NOT ALWAYS ACTIVE AND HAS PROVEN DIFFICULT TO PIN DOWN
    +++
    +++IT ACTIVATED AS WE ARRIVED
    +++
    +++THIRD ACCESS CORRIDOR LEVEL 4-Z
    +++ADVISE

Macharius and Anika

The task of finding ship parts while they were here fell to Macharius himself, and his seneschal. Currently there were no other Rogue Traders present at Footfall, an unusual occurence which meant Macharius was nominally in charge, and would have some additional authority in searching. He would still have to pay, of course, and there were other demands to be met as well. Several of the powers of Footfall had sent delegations requesting meetings. Generally politely, for it was not wise to incur the wrath of a Warrant Holder, especially not here.

Alvinus, meanwhile, had left the ship, thanking Anika for the pleasant journey as he departed. There would be no shortage of ships in Footfall willing to take him somewhere else, he needed only to wait for the right one. Theresa had stayed, of course, and had joined Anika and Macharius.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius takes to the business of quasi-rulership with gusto, having his staff set up meetings with the dignitaries. For the most important, a visit is arranged to his flagship, with the meeting to be held in one of the more opulent staterooms. As they wait for the meetings to begin, he takes Anika aside. Rather odd there's no other Traders about, what? See if your people can track down why that is. By the time their guests arrive, however, he is all smiles once more, the picture of benevolent noble rule. Ah, gentlemen! Please, do be seated. Have some amasec. He follows his own advice, settling into a thronelike chair at the head of the table, glass in hand.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-07-08 at 11:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

After saying goodbye to Alvinus and asking him to keep in touch Anika will accompany Theresa to the meeting. She'll try to keep an eye on the woman's reaction to Footfall just to see how she was taking it. While she was from Landunder she had also been trained in the Schola Progenium which might suggest a degree of inflexibility to a place like this. 'If you passed through here on the way out how much of it did you see? You're free to wander if you wish but there are certain places you might want to bring an armsmen along with you just in case. Especially if you're not expecting to stumble across them.'

To Macharius, 'Are they all involved with something and nobody bothered to tell us?.' She'll take a moment to make a few calls to some of the more trustworthy members of the Sting's crew that she knew were heading out into Footfall to drink or entertain themselves. If there was any news they had missed, perhaps someone would hear something.

Spoiler
    Show

Where are all the Rogue Traders?
    Inquiry vs. Fel 47 (+10 for Etiquette for command crew) (+10 Peer Military?)
    (1d100)[82]

rerolled to 42 in the ooc

19. - Top - End - #1099

Lizardfolk

"And how would how you know that you know?" Kennoch demanded, short-tempered for little apparent reason. "Have you ever have you been aboard been the hulk yourself the hulk? Did you know did you the trapped ships trapped or their crews crews crews? No no no! You guessed you! The only thing only I was guaranteed I was to find to was danger danger was danger. More orks more. Warp-daemons warp daemons. More opportunities to opportunities get myself killed myself, which I'm sure I'm sure was your real plan your plan. It was a it was foolish risk foolish and I chose I chose the prudent route prudent. If you you and your pirate friends friends had done that had done, you would not you would be a prisoner now prisoner prisoner."

Angry, defensive, and...doubtful. Echo spoke as much to convince himself as Sargon.

~ Sophistemon

20. - Top - End - #1100

Dressing down and hopefully appearing less obvious Ravia will make her way to the location indicated after leaving a message on the bridge that if she was needed before her return to ask Moswyn to page Skul
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Destro only
    Show
    I don't like the look of that... Hannabel frowns as she reads the message on the screen.

+++1. Lock down that corridor immediately. No one enters or leaves without my permission.
    +++2. Pull up all footage from any available pict recorders in the corridor from the time of the transmission.
    +++3. Was the transmission made from the Sting's vox systems or an independent transmitter?

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Macharius and Anika

"We didn't stop except to take on supplies," Theresa said, "but I have work to do. I will be staying aboard the ship." She was a hard one to judge. It was a non-commital answer, and her tone didn't push it one way or the other.

By the end of Macharius' first meeting, Anika had some answers, unsatisfying though they were; coincidence. Presumably they were otherwise occupied. Trask had been here recently, but had left shortly before their own arrival. It did give Macharius extra authority, which was nice, even if it also meant he had to spend a great deal of time meeting with the assorted business interests from around the station. Most of these were minor functionaries, people hoping to petition for his patronage and thus elevate their own status. Some of them, though, had things to offer in exchange.

Like Preacher Ywane, for instance. He didn't seem to be a true Ministorum preacher, having ordained himself, but he looked the part. Anika knew from her agents that he was working with the Kasballica, which was probably the reason he was here - indeed, after the introductions and a short speech about the Emperor's truth, he started talking about how he was here to represent the spiritual goals of some business associates, who had noticed the assorted shipments of artifacts and art objects Macharius' dynasty had been sending from Mrlrrlangua (the pronunciation of which he thoroughly botched), and wished to make it known that if he was interested they would be able to expand his markets and help him reach additional buyers, in exchange for a small part of the profits, of course. The argument was framed as keeping such things out of the hands of those who might misuse them, xenos artifacts being known to be of interest to recidivists and other undesireables, but to anyone who knew which associates the Preacher was talking about, the true offer was obvious: the Kasballica wanted a piece of the action.

Echo

If Echo had expected Sargon to laugh, or mock him, he was to be disappointed. "An educated guess," Sargon said. "The Thirteenth Station is the only safe way in or out of the Vortex. If there were reaver ships within the hulk, there was a strong chance they would have contained the location. The hulk was large enough that there should have been at least one, on probability alone. Of course there was risk involved, but there is always danger in opposing the great enemy."

He paused, staring silently at Echo for a moment, before breaking his gaze and floating towards the far end of his tank. "I admire your conviction, Young Castermire, but conviction alone is not enough."

Ravia

Spoiler: Ravia Only
    Show
    The destination Ravia had been given was deep within Footfall, in a disused area predominantly frequented by rats. When she arrived, she found a hovering servo skull and a pair of thickly-muscled goons guarding a munitorum-issue weapons crate. The skull's optics flickered as she approached.

+++biometrics confirmed. Releasing locks+++

The crate clicked open. It contained a hellgun, and a mono-file dataslate.

Magos Ravia,

You will recall the conversation we had regarding my prototype weapon. With your input and some additional time, I have completed work on the first run. The MkI Venture-Pattern Helrifle. I have enclosed one here, as it requires field testing. I have been thus-far unable to eliminate feedback issues on the higher settings, so caution is advised.
    Inspecting the rifle, Ravia saw that it looked very much like a standard pattern, except there was no visible power supply. The side of the case featured a circular switch, with three settings, etched as the numerals I, II, and III on the metal. Currently, it was set to I.

Hannabel

Show
    +++DONE
    +++
    +++
    +++TRANSMISSION ORIGINATED FROM INDEPENDENT TRANSMITTER
    +++PRINTING FOOTAGE TO TERMINAL
    The access corridor was, curiously, entirely empty. There was a time-stamp from the picters, scrolling by as the footage fast-forwarded. Nobody entered the corridor, except for the ocassional servitor, passing through on its way to somewhere else. At the time of transmission, not even they were present.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Curious, Hannabel thinks.

+++Confirm that there have been multiple occurrences of the same transmission signal.
    +++
    +++If yes, compile a list of all such transmissions in chronological order and cross reference with the ship's location when a transmission was made.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Macharius and Anika

"We didn't stop except to take on supplies," Theresa said, "but I have work to do. I will be staying aboard the ship." She was a hard one to judge. It was a non-commital answer, and her tone didn't push it one way or the other.
    Anika doesn't take it personally, 'Perhaps it's for the best then. But you won't necessarily always feel like that. Working for Macharius ought to have some benefits after all.'

By the end of Macharius' first meeting, Anika had some answers, unsatisfying though they were; coincidence. Presumably they were otherwise occupied. Trask had been here recently, but had left shortly before their own arrival. It did give Macharius extra authority, which was nice, even if it also meant he had to spend a great deal of time meeting with the assorted business interests from around the station. Most of these were minor functionaries, people hoping to petition for his patronage and thus elevate their own status. Some of them, though, had things to offer in exchange.
    Anika will pass this on. Better to check that there wasn't a major war going on somewhere that they hadn't managed to catch wind of. At the meeting she will watch 'Preacher' Ywane with curiosity. She didn't think she knew him but there was always a chance she had heard of whoever he answered to. She'll whisper to Macharius that 'I'm fairly sure that Preacher or not, that one represents the Kasballica. If we're selling anything through Calixis dealing with them was going to come up at some point.'

25. - Top - End - #1105

Lizardfolk

"I I I I... You you you you..." Kennoch stammered as his anger coiled tightly. This pirate spoke to him like a priest, and he struggled to find a gap in Sargon's logic. He wanted so badly to refute the older Navigator's arguments, but they seemed sound. And to acknowledge Kennoch's faith--that was a particularly odd feeling. This would be so much easier if his prisoner ranted and raved about the downfall of the Imperium.

"Gahh gahh!" Echo exclaimed, making tight fists and pressing them to the sides of his head. Unable to form a good response, he turned and stormed from the room. He angrily gathered armsmen to help transport his captives out to Footfall.

His foul mood hung on him like a coat as he led the entourage of Rings and marines toward the Pit of Voices. They took several stasis-cages...and no tank. Maybe Echo's conviction wasn't so strong, after all.

The Mechanicus

At least he could look forward to a good meeting with Factor Ignatius, once the prisoner exchange was done. Echo approached the enclave with all his usual reverence, hoping to purchase some equipment for his bodyguards as well as the machinery to finalize his latest familiars.

~ Sophistemon

26. - Top - End - #1106

Spoiler: Destro
    Show

Ravia makes the sign of the Cog to the Servo Skull and accepts the case
    ++I will see it tested well++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius' first instinct is to throw the criminal out, but he pauses. As Anika had said, perhaps they would have to work with the less-desirable parts of society to be able to track down and defeat their enemies. So he smiles pleasantly and keeps the charade going, talking about the good work that could be done with mutual cooperation to keep artifacts from falling into the wrong hands. He maneuvers the conversation to what, exactly, the Kasabalica wants and what they can do for him.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Macharius and Anika

It was an interestingly touchy conversation. Preacher Ywane balked at any direct mention of the Kasballica, and seemed to be under the impression that his association with them was a secret. He knew who was working for, and they knew who he was working for, but either side acknowledging the fact would have led to a rapid end to the conversation. And thus they danced around the topic at hand, and discussed peripheral factors. What did Ywane's benefactors want? Why, nothing much. A small cut of the profits from any mutual enterprise would be sufficient. What would they provide? Why, access to broader legitimate markets. They had plenty of connections, you see, and in business that went a long way. Macharius' warrant gave him plenty of freedom, and the ability to pursue any customers he might choose, but having someone to act as a middleman and negotiator, to vet purchasers of artifacts, and to make inroads into unexploited markets... well, that was valuable, was it not?

Echo

The whole situation was never going to be easy, of course. With Sargon left behind on the ship, Echo and his cargo of captured Navigators made their way to the meeting location. It was an odd choice, so near the Pit, but perhaps this was simply where Echo's cousin had secured lodgings. Or maybe they were making some sort of point. They had certainly brought enough of an entourage. Mostly hired muscle, by the looks of things, to help with moving the captives.

"Been busy, Kennoch." The Navigator who met him wasn't one he recognised, and seemed none too happy to be here. "You know it'll take a lot more than a few captives to buy your way back into favour with the family."

The meeting with Factor Ignatius, at least, was a lot more pleasant. The techpriest remembered Kennoch from his previous visits, and was happy to part with some supplies and components. He inquired politely after Echo's adventures, and asked how the memorance implant was functioning.

Ravia

Spoiler: Ravia Only
    Show
    The skull clicked assent, and the screen on the dataslate went blank, as the file deleted itself. The thugs with the skull took the crate, and started to leave. The skull followed behind them.

+++INTERESTING+++ The spirit fragment in her mind stirred. +++FEEDBACK ISSUES. AN UNCONVENTIONAL POWER SOURCE, NO DOUBT+++
    +++I HAVE BEEN GOING OVER SOME OF YOUR RESEARCH. THERE ARE USEFUL APPLICATIONS IN GENETIC MODIFICATION FOR MANY OF THE XENOS SPECIES YOU HAVE FOUND. ONE WAY TO MITIGATE FEEDBACK ONCE THE EXTENT IS KNOWN MAY BE TO DESIGN MORE DURABLE SOLDIERS+++

Hannabel

Show
    +++WORKING, STAND BY
    +++
    +++
    +++
    +++MULTIPLE OCCURENCES DETECTED IN LOGS
    +++OTHER SIGNALS FOUND AS WELL
    +++STATIC LOCATIONS
    +++PRINTING LIST TO TERMINAL
    Data scrolled by, each set of transmission data appended with a time code and location data. There were several different sources of similar unknown signals, but each one was set to a fixed location within the ship, mostly disused maintenance access corridors and similar. None of them had moved or changed location at all, and the timestamps seemed to correlate with times when the ship had been in a system with widespread communications architecture. It was likely they were activating automatically under certain conditions.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    So, someone's been sending automated messages whenever we enter an advanced enough system. That would explain why there's no one in the pict recordings...

+++Good work. Further inquiries as follows:
    +++1. Have you been able to capture and decipher the contents of any of the transmissions?
    +++
    +++2. Re the latest transmission. Is it possible to pinpoint the physical location of the receiver?

OOC: Now that Hannabel has a list of timestamps and systems, when did the first transmission occur and in what system? If it's not one where we actually played out any scenes, is it possible for Hannabel to relate the transmission to some in game event? For instance, were there any transmissions before the first time we messed with Quinn or Captain Misson? Do I need to roll to remember something like that?

Depending on the Sting's answers to the IC questions, I think Hannabel's next move is likely to be to alert Anika, then pick up a portable auger and head down to the scene of the last transmission to see if she can detect the whereabouts of the transmitter.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Lizardfolk

Exchange

House Castermire had a fondness for Astropaths long before Kennoch was born, necessary given their nomadic, spacefaring nature, so he gave little thought to the location. If it was meant as a warning of some kind, he failed to notice. His attention landed quickly on the other Navigator anyway.

With a hidden scowl behind his voidsuit helmet, Echo shook his head. Some debts cannot be repaid. What would the price of those lives be? What is the price of my birth? Even if I bring ten thousand renegades and Alessaunder himself back in a cage, that won't change the past. I can't go back. Only forward.

"This is duty this is, not a transaction not," he answered. He gestured to the stasis-cages and explained, "They are pirates they are formerly in service service to the renowned the the Captain Misson Captain Captain Misson. Vicious traitors all traitors. I hope that I hope their judgment is swift judgment and their justice slow slow slow."

He thought about Sargon, wondering what he'd say to that, but pushed it from his mind.

The young Navis paused, took a breath, and added, "...But on the on matter of duty duty... My Captain has commanded Captain commanded a voyage to Calixis Calixis Calixis Calixis. He has business there he has. Scintilla and the Lathes Scintilla Lathes. I do not do not expect docking rights docking with any House stations House stations. Or support support of any kind any kind. I I I I...remember remember."

Despite his claim that the prisoners weren't intended to buy favor, he came to his point: "I only want only to avoid any avoid misunderstandings or or...embarrassments embarrassments. When Lord-Commander Absalom Absalom Absalom Absalom finishes his dealings his dealings, we will return we will to the Expanse the Expanse."

Mechanicus

"It is a it is wonderful device wonderful," Echo confirmed happily. He shared picts of Winterscale's grand party, the planet, and Macharius in mid-flight as he crashed down on the Terrorax. The xeno-beasts he'd acquired that would take the mechanisms he purchased today. Picts of their battles with pirates, the chase through the asteroid field, and the obscene orks, as well as the spacehulk that carried them. Echo wished he could tell the good Factor about Viatrames, let alone offer images of the Terminus, but he felt sure that the Captain would forbid that. Someday the time for secrets would pass, however.

One secret was his own to share. Kennoch motioned to Isund, who brought out Alessaunder's old augur and passed it to Ignatius. "I came upon upon this recently this," Echo explained. "Once owned by once a powerful heretic heretic heretic heretic. The name name, I already know I already. But the maker's mark maker's and serial number serial are more mysterious more. I hope to I hope ask for help help soon at the Lathes soon, but can you can you offer any insight offer insight? Any allies of allies the witch who witch witch witch owned the augur augur are enemies of mine of mine."

~ Sophistemon