New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Pssst. Peelee. You're a Silver Dragon. Your human form can be whatever height you want.
    Well, yes, and I also don't actually have a fear of heights, but I think I'm funny.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Well, yes, and I also don't actually have a fear of heights, but I think I'm funny.
    Well, if it helps at all, you are in fact quite funny. Or is it "Funniee" with two e's?

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So does anyone else wish they could be smaller?

I personally am tired of being the one who has to get up to get things off the high shelf.

And being too tall to lean down to pet a cat on the floor.
    No, I'm already only average human height, so even though people like to treat me like I'm tall I'm happy enough.

Plus if I was any shorter I'd have trouble kissing my girlfriend (who's just over Standard Old School Government Plague Prevention Distance). Well, two of them.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Sometimes being tall is inconvenient, but my city apartment is a much more vertical space than other places I've lived, so being tall comes in handy here.

It's worth noting that short people tend to have shorter arms too, so you'd probably still have to bend down just as much to reach something on the ground.
    It's not a reach thing, it's a "right combination of tall and out of shape that bending over or sitting on the floor in order to pet the kitty isn't an option." I physically can, but getting back up again is a different issue.

The cats have to come to me to get pats, and they don't always like that.

Better health might fix it, but so would being a few inches shorter with a proportionate decrease in volume, which would also fix some other gripes I have.

Though, admittedly, I'd accept being able to shrink down temporarily every now and then.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

I personally am tired of being the one who has to get up to get things off the high shelf.

Yes, but more for dysphoria reasons.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

As a shorter than average person, not really no. Easier access to cats is a pretty big boon, though.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Being tall keeps people from noticing the first signs of my early baldness, so no.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Yes, but more for dysphoria reasons.
    Ouch, yeah that can't be easy. Wishing you the best.

Although I would like to note that the most feminine woman ever, Samia Aran, is six for three.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Being tall keeps people from noticing the first signs of my early baldness, so no.
    Look, we all notice the Julius Caesar haircut, we're just too polite to point it out Humour in text is hard to mark.

I live in somewhat slight terror of starting to bald, because it'll make it harder to look feminine.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

9. - Top - End - #639

BlackDragon

It's not a reach thing, it's a "right combination of tall and out of shape that bending over or sitting on the floor in order to pet the kitty isn't an option." I physically can, but getting back up again is a different issue.
    Doesn't matter how tall you are, once you get past a certain age that will happen anyway...so, assuming you're not yet up to that age, it's only a matter of time, I fear. So being shorter isn't necessarily the solution here!

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Look, we all notice the Julius Caesar haircut, we're just too polite to point it out Humour in text is hard to mark.
    It's not that bad yet, but it is visible. I am considering just going full shave once I have an actual bald patch. With my beard I might pull it off and I'll be done with it.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    So being shorter isn't necessarily the solution here!
    Obviously, the solution is bigger cats. Have you considered tigers?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    I'd go for lions, I've had that they have similar social behaviour to the domestic kitty.

Or the domestic millilion, to give them their proper name.

Show

13. - Top - End - #643

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    I saw a documentary on that once.

...is documentary the right word? Fever dream?

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

Ouch, yeah that can't be easy. Wishing you the best.

Although I would like to note that the most feminine woman ever, Samia Aran, is six for three.
    This is true, but I fall slightly short of canonical Samus Aran height, at 5' 9". I just can't win ;)
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

15. - Top - End - #645

Well, if it helps at all, you are in fact quite funny.
    Usually commeents like that aree meet with warnings to stop eencouraging mee.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd go for lions, I've had that they have similar social behaviour to the domestic kitty.

Or the domestic millilion, to give them their proper name.
    If given a large cardboard box, I think they'll do the same with it that domestic cats do. Same with tigers.

Also, tiger cubs are adorable. <3

And this weekend I'll finally be able to go the market again! Hopefully that stand selling those delicious sausages is still there. If not, I'll settle for some fried fish and/or sugary pastries. I've really missed that.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    This is true, but I fall slightly short of canonical Samus Aran height, at 5' 9". I just can't win ;)
    True, but I think the relationship is clear: taller=more feminine

I do get that this is a very personal thing, that for some it doesn't matter and for others it's vitally important. But I look forward to the day when the world at large doesn't link height with gender

Show

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

So anyway I finish writing my Degrassi Fan Fiction story. I wrote 11 chapters. In case if you are curious what's about its about two schools go into war with each other.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So anyway I finish writing my Degrassi Fan Fiction story. I wrote 11 chapters. In case if you are curious what's about its about two schools go into war with each other.
    You lost me after the word 'my'. What's a Degrassi? Is it when somebody doesn't get to the point?

(Why yes, my glass house of relatively obscure British media is looking especially shiny today, I should probably sruff it up in front of an episode of Bagpuss.)
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-08-18 at 03:03 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

You lost me after the word 'my'. What's a Degrassi? Is it when somebody doesn't get to the point?

(Why yes, my glass house of relatively obscure British media is looking especially shiny today, I should probably sruff it up in front of an episode of Bagpuss.)
    Degrassi is a TV show from the early 2000s to the early 2010s. It's a fictional Canadian High School based on serious issues.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-08-18 at 03:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651

Degrassi is a TV show from the early 2000s to the early 2010s. It's a fictional Canadian High School based on serious issues.
    Ah. A series made entirely of Very Special Episodes. Like Blossom.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

Can't be particularly noteworthy, we never got it over here

Like, I get that it's apparently a Big Thing elsewhere, but here in the UK it's just a meaningless word. But then again the same would likely be true if I started talking about The Crystal Maze (and I still need a fourth partner for us to form a team).

Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Can't be particularly noteworthy, we never got it over here

Like, I get that it's apparently a Big Thing elsewhere, but here in the UK it's just a meaningless word. But then again the same would likely be true if I started talking about The Crystal Maze (and I still need a fourth partner for us to form a team).
    Ok, I understand. Anyway, my older brother's birthday is tomorrow. He's going to be 49 years old. Even though he doesn't care about his birthday that much. I'm still going to give him a birthday present anyway because I'm a good brother to him. I brought him a Papyrus birthday card.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Do...do schools generally go to war in Degrassi?

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Only Lakehurst Secondary School.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-08-18 at 06:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Do yours not? Next youre going to tell me that the student council presidents cant actually dictate policy or otherwise control the day to day lives of the student body.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ah. A series made entirely of Very Special Episodes. Like Blossom.
    Yes. Almost every episode is a very special episode.

28. - Top - End - #658

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Do yours not? Next youre going to tell me that the student council presidents cant actually dictate policy or otherwise control the day to day lives of the student body.
    Every day at school is a day where you struggle to survive with your sanity intact.

You wish it was war. In war, you're allowed to retaliate in kind against the people who are trying to kill, maim, or traumatize you.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-18 at 08:20 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

In the early season of Degrassi, Jimmy who plays by Drake was in it. I should make a separate thread on Degrassi in the Media sub-forum.

30. - Top - End - #660

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Student body presidents are pretty uncommon. Most countries have student body prime ministers.
    Every day at school is a day where you struggle to survive with your sanity intact.

You wish it was war. In war, you're allowed to retaliate in kind against the people who are trying to kill, maim, or traumatize you.
    Results may not be typical.