New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1374
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords OOC

Ok. Rakieth is hanging around somewhere in the lodge. Let's say, the library. If there are no other plans (to go drinking or something), I'll get you all there some time today.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Can I take the grumpy ******* wizard as a teacher for Adalbert? I hate her, but I would love her to put professionalism first even if Adalbert will delight in seeing her enraged at every minor mistake he does.

Adalbert in turn will behave like an old student, that never really put much effort into learning magic "properly", but is apparently more than smart enough for the beginning spell circles.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

I assumed the lodge would have a social room of some sort where we could sit and I could hear Adalbert's story and we could have a drink or two. That seemed like a normal "Lodge" like thing. If that's not the case we can do something else in the lodge, I wasn't planning on heading off to a tavern or anything like that.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty sure they don't sell the drinks at the lodge and not sure if they even have ale (I think it is a world without bottled beer). They certainly do have drinks, the cost of which is included in lodging and membersheep fees. I think those are fancier drinks, though: wines, spirits and such.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Can I take the grumpy ******* wizard as a teacher for Adalbert?
    No objections, but she isn't around.

We'll have Adalbert controlled by DrK for the moment (in addition to Rakieth). He is to take part giving some account of the events.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally got my level up done, still have spells to do.

Am catching up on the rest of the game chit chat now...

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    No objections, but she isn't around.

We'll have Adalbert controlled by DrK for the moment (in addition to Rakieth). He is to take part giving some account of the events.
    Just let me know when to get Rakieth talking
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Just let me know when to get Rakieth talking
    Right now is good enough, actually. There is no reason you can't control them both.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

From now on, Adalbert is transferred to Spore. My post hopefully today.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

DrK your link to your sheet is broken.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I can see, we can get Wayfinders now? Would the guild have a few cheap Ioun Stones lying around for the added bonus?

I am planning on getting a cracked Dark Blue Rhomboid (+1 to Perception and Sense Motive) into a wayfinder (+2 to Survival, casts Light, is a compass) which combines into the power of removing any perception penalties from sleeping which is probably a god-sent for being ambushed.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as I can see, we can get Wayfinders now? Would the guild have a few cheap Ioun Stones lying around for the added bonus?
    Yep. You hand your report and get a Wayfinder. Which probably means not today, but still yes.

I am planning on getting a cracked Dark Blue Rhomboid (+1 to Perception and Sense Motive) into a wayfinder (+2 to Survival, casts Light, is a compass) which combines into the power of removing any perception penalties from sleeping which is probably a god-sent for being ambushed.
    They don't have Ioun Stones in stock, but can recommend where to look for them in the city. Assume you find what you want, even if it takes a few hours.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

I am ready for a small skip towards being ready to travel again? Or do I assume Adalberts respec is done away with on the side?

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

I am ready for a small skip towards being ready to travel again? Or do I assume Adalberts respec is done away with on the side?
    Well, I think there is still a lot to do here in the city. You can skip all of it, but that will mean it will not be done. The respec will be done, but are you sure you want to forfeit all the other opportunities (which I am not going to name here, but still)?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

I rather expect you to do something. Especially Lizuga, but the rest of you too. Or are you lot to just head back into action?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

I rather expect you to do something. Especially Lizuga, but the rest of you too. Or are you lot to just head back into action?
    Rakieth as a new character to the gang has nothing particular to do. So will tag along any errands the rest of the group want to run or can head out to the wilderness straight away.
    If he can help find something in the city here is a Know (local) check (1d20+9)[22] + (1d6)[5]

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

I was in that same situation. Being "new" to the group it's hard to justify trying to take charge, or even make a whole lot of suggestions when the character doesn't know much of what happened. So I had been waiting a bit for the existing characters to act first. But I think I've got something to work in.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Adalbert was more or less advised against speaking with officials. Between that and research of his new class, my only normal roleplaying venue for him would be to look up more books on Lady's Light and the Runelords. Now that we might have a better ability to research, let me pull up the book I found Magnimar.

Spoiler: Magnimar OOC knowledge
    Show

Apparently the city is good on lore stuff, and has a golem crafts shop, and SEVERAL scribe and researcher guilds in the Capital district. If you allow this outside info, Adalbert will investigate there.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    "Well" - Lizuga raises an eyebrow at Rakieth - "You seem to know your way around the city. So I suggest you and I go look for rumors and survivors. In fact, let's all go. We can look into the apothecaries on the way".
    Well, I have to say I rather expected something done about the loot, the gold and/or the negative levels, but checking for rumors is also valid. We won't actually play through it, though. Declare a rough timetable, a list of things to do and your approach to them, and I will resolve in big chunks.

Apparently the city is good on lore stuff, and has a golem crafts shop, and SEVERAL scribe and researcher guilds in the Capital district. If you allow this outside info, Adalbert will investigate there.
    Sure, go ahead. Let's call it five days to assemble your Wizard spellbook and then you are free to research as you see fit, just don't read the spoilers. Or you can roll knowledges and I'll tell what you find.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, yes, we do probably have the resources to take care of negative levels.

If I remember correctly, Lizuga was looking for better armor before this trip, she could probably find it now. Not sure what others were looking for/needing.

Maybe some magic arrows for Iris for extra utility/damage versus things we might expect to run into?

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

I confess I am a bit lost on what we are up to, hence my silence. I would be grateful if someone could remind me, in a sentence or two:

1. Why we came to Magnimar?
    2. Why we originally headed out to Lady's Light?

Part of it is I have no real OOC knowledge of Golarion so I might be missing some of the subtleties of eg the significance of this Pathfinder Society.

In terms of Magnimar itself, Iris has spent some time living here and has a pretty good +5 Knowledge (Local) mod so can be useful here.

I realise it is a necessary part of the d20 arms race, but I really hate shopping for gear. I much prefer organic loot. If anyone has any suggestions on what would make Iris useful for the group I'm happy to take them (how much coin do we have?). A magic bow might be good if we have the cash but IIRC we rightfully prioritised the melee folk with magic weapons. Her judgment & bane abilities are already quite good for empowering her attacks vs resistant foes (I mean it's not Spheres/ Path of War, but still good).

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

It does get very hard to remember many of the details from parts of the game that happened 6+ months ago.

We ended up with some extra valuable loot just given that Justine and Lebwen died and their magic gear could be sold, as well as that fancy magic rapier that killed Lizuga and Lebwen.

We went to Magnimar originally just because it was the biggest city close to Sands Point that might have more information on the Runelords, and went to Lady's Light based on rumors of more information on the Runelords there. We came back to report on what we found and of course to replace the characters that died.
    The Pathfinder Society is, at least as far as I know, basically an adventurer's guild sort of thing, where you're likely to run into other adventurers, and "high level characters" that are likely to have more knowledge and skills about unusual things. They have lodges in many areas of the world (and I think every Pathfinder setting, not that we're likely to be hoping worlds/universes)

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

That helps. I wasn't clear on whether we we selling the gear of the fallen, and I had thought someone wanted to retain the rapier. I'm relaxed on all that - I have no burning need for "stuff" right now.

And a general investigation of Runelords makes sense. I was worried I had missed/ forgotten some critical hook but it doesn't sound like it. We're just kicking about looking for leads/ info.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

My understanding of it is, and was, that you first went to Magnimar to find some help dealing with the barghest. You placed a bounty for no particular amount and then, having no idea what to do next, took a quest from the pathfinders to investigate those particular thassilonian ruins. I can assure you that "some critical hook" is still pending, it just needs some time to happen. You have left Sandpoint before it hapened and seem busy enough at the moment, so let us say it'll happen at some later time.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    The Pathfinder Society is, at least as far as I know, basically an adventurer's guild sort of thing, where you're likely to run into other adventurers, and "high level characters" that are likely to have more knowledge and skills about unusual things. They have lodges in many areas of the world (and I think every Pathfinder setting, not that we're likely to be hoping worlds/universes)
    They are basically a mercenary company. Many Pathfinder captains (like I assume Sheila Heidmarch) are good aligned but in and of itself, the Pathfinder Society is guided by mysterious benefactors that try to stay neutral. There are Pathfinder lodges in all countries on the main continent of Avistan. But from a purely out of character standpoint, I assume the guild's goal is to unearth ancient knowledge and technology in order to increase their influence and power, hence their focus on "dungeon-delving" endeavors. Well that, and playing on the good side of neutral alignment, as they don't want the world to succumb under Runelord rule (or demon, or devil, or lich, or corporate, or ...).

Why we came to Magnimar?
    First of all, we have learned everything there is to know about the Runelords from Sandpoint. Secondly Adalbert was fervent in meeting with the Pathfinder Society (his bard talents where actually requiring a faction with a bit of fame, though technically a bard academy and not them) for his goal was always to be an adventurer first and an arcanist second.

Magnimar is also a city of knowledge and research, and Lady's Light is the next Thassilonian ruin we could have checked for more info. We found more than we could chew and are back in town licking our wounds.

I confess I am a bit lost on what we are up to, hence my silence.
    I am mostly looking forward to a bit of RP based on Shelyn. As a (former) bard, Adalbert is still a fan of the arts, and ever since you joined after the dwarf ranger left, I was looking forward for some RP based on this. I am not a person to barge into a temple of Shelyn asking them about their gods, but Lady's Light - as a statue - is as much an artwork as it is a probable doomsday device.

I assume it can walk and shoot lasers scorching rays out of its eyes or worse.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there anything specific we're waiting on?

As a new character, I'm just not sure what else I can reasonably add to what we're currently doing. Even as a player, I just don't remember enough details of some of what happened to nudge us along.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

I think I declared my actions with Adalbert, and I have even invited all player characters to come along. So I too am waiting. What is unclear?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, Rakieth is happy to go to Golem foundry and the Temple of Shelyn to hep the others research

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowledge Arcana to identify the constructs, which I think Adalbert should have down good.

Assuming we can get it identified, and it's weaknesses, there is a bit we can do. Cold for slow, and we can't afford a set of adamantium weapons but we could probably pick up a few arrows for Iris. Or anyone else that can use a ranged attack, to take a few early shots from a boat.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone not getting the message can roll...

Spoiler: Sense Motive 15
    Show
    The guy is soliciting a bribe.

Spoiler: Appraise, Local OR Diplocacy 15
    Show
    Seems they are not cheap here, but about one to ten platinum coins would do, depending on how sure you want to be of his cooperation and how much cooperation that is going to be.