New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    In games like this, in which everyone has a power, it's quite normal to have multiple roles of the same or similar type.
    I don't know. Maybe, maybe not

I don't really get this point,
    Someone (Rogan, I think) said that your role text mentioning the killer and the survivor as advertised lends you some credibility. I don't think it does.

but in that case, if I target the Survivor with whatever harmful power, I wouldn't target town with it, so good for town I guess.
    Interesting thought. Put out a more detailed case for gac and I'll see what I can do for you, but I remain suspicious (your stance late last day was awfully neutral!).

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    It's proof AV is AV and not some kind of doppelgänger. She usually does this day 1, but it is fitting now as well.
    Interestingly enough, I was going to start accusing Xi of not being Xi for not doing their normal "kill me then". I had absolutely convinced myself of it when suddenly Xi dropped dead.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Someone (Rogan, I think) said that your role text mentioning the killer and the survivor as advertised lends you some credibility. I don't think it does.
    That's fair.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Not wanting to quote Cap's really long message about me. But did want to weigh in on one point.
    I know in hindsight my plan when it came to voting for snow looks bad but I did explain it in the moment. I wanted to see what would happen. My vote changed nothing and if somebody suddenly switched then it might tell us something once they were tied. Only one more vote happened and that was Book one Cape. So unless snow is also a wolf, Book is probably cleared.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Rogan wants ideas more then self defense, no worries. I'm still sus on Captain Cap - his behavior with day one votes was causing my senses to tingle. His confirmation on maths and analytics prove to me, enough, that he's not novice to the game. So I'm sticking with him.

Lots of talk in signatures. Anyone paying attention? Close attention?

Others I've missed I'll get back to eventually.

Oh, and I'm not sure how the lie detector thing works, but I'm town. And I'd be happy to state that in a stand alone post to make it easier (might be that it doesn't work when you use the words town/wolf in the same post?)

An also, blockers and I should talk. I'd hate for you to trip over me. Would be a bad night if ya did.
    That's not a strong case, but I can agree to it. We have some good players here, so it's not like we should expect some serious blunder.

Did you add the SPOILER to your sig? I vaguely remember it looking different.

I would like to hear you opinion about gac, as he is the target Captain Cap suggests.

No need to make another post. I could use this to check you.

The blocker comment is... not optimal. Cap comes out and suggest to use his role block on someone suspicious and you immediately say blocking you would be a bad idea.
    Can you give us something more to judge this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Absolutely I did. Well sort of. My power doesn't work on the exact day night cycle.
    This feels off. Day mechanics seem to be public. And a mech that works in the middle of the night would be very strange.
    I can understand if you don't want to say to much, but is there something you can say to expand your claim?
    (A strange mech does not need to mean Wolf)

You mention weak attacks and a general lack of in-depth opinions. I think it's pretty in line with my argument that he hasn't said very much, at least from a content point of view, despite the number of posts. His analysis seems mostly superficial.
    What do you think about his (gac3) defense on AV?
    Or AV in general?

Vote Count
    Captain Cap (5): Rogan, Metastachydium, Batcathat, Moonfly, Supagoof
    Fext (2): Gac3, Elenna
    Supagoof (2): Taffimai, Snowblaze
    Gac3 (1): Captain Cap

Please double check this
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-20 at 02:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #666

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Interesting thought. Put out a more detailed case for gac and I'll see what I can do for you, but I remain suspicious (your stance late last day was awfully neutral!).
    The point is that there really isn't much to talk about: if you look at gac3 posts, for Day 1 he mostly focuses on first votes comments, notoriously not very indicative given there's not much to base vote on. Then he seems to ignore the Cao vs Snowblaze situation, with only one relevant post, this one:
    What are the tie rules?

I think it's the first person to reach that vote. So if the count is accurate, Snowblaze.
    A vote put there allegedly because he just wanted to see "what would happen", no in-depth reasons (if my stance was awfully neutral, his was non-existent).

During the night there's not much either, barely more than 2 purple names given according to its "instinct".
    Then today we have some obvious considerations, questions and comments that don't really lead anywhere, some general discussion about roles and abilities, lot of posts of couple of sentences that brings very little to the table, and also another vote with no much reason behind it:
    Let's start voting instead of just being all "talk about the night kill".

So I'll start a vote. I don't have any major suspects yet. So Fext because I find it weird they didn't vote at all yesterday.
    This has been basically all of his activity.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

This feels off. Day mechanics seem to be public. And a mech that works in the middle of the night would be very strange.
    I can understand if you don't want to say to much, but is there something you can say to expand your claim?
    (A strange mech does not need to mean Wolf)
    Would you believe me if I told you that everyone knowing my power by default makes it less effective? If you don't, it's still absolutely true. If I'm the likely lynch, I'll probably end up having to spill things, but I'm trying to make the most of it before I do.

- - - Updated - - -

I resent the ignoring of my attempts to make theories and get conversation started.

- - - Updated - - -

That last comment was about captain Cap.... Other than leaving those two details out, I can't say I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Cap, are you thinking I am a wolf or just not helpful and should die?

8. - Top - End - #668

ClericGuy

I'm developing an inferiority complex with my pathetic power.
    Would you believe me if I told you that everyone knowing my power by default makes it less effective? If you don't, it's still absolutely true. If I'm the likely lynch, I'll probably end up having to spill things, but I'm trying to make the most of it before I do.

- - - Updated - - -

I resent the ignoring of my attempts to make theories and get conversation started.

- - - Updated - - -

That last comment was about captain Cap.... Other than leaving those two details out, I can't say I disagree.
    A pathetic power, not following the day/ night cycle that gets even weaker by everyone knowing? I have absolutely no idea what you mean. But okay, I am going to accept your answer for now.

What do you think about the plan the Capitan proposed and the power he claimed? What do you think would happen if he used his power on you? (If you can answer this without weakening your power)
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

9. - Top - End - #669

SwashbucklerGuy

What do you think about his (gac3) defense on AV?
    I frankly missed that, so I guess gac3 actually put an effort to get some discussion going. I apologise, my criticism to him seems to be less relevant than I thought, but still he doesn't seem to go much beyond the AvatarVecna and serial killer matter.
    About the argument per se, maybe I'm not following it, but from what I understand, Avatarvecna is claiming to be anti-serial killer, but gac3 is questioning why she would have an anti-anti-serial killer power. I'm a bit confused by that part, but I guess the wolf anti-serial killer and AvatarVecna a town anti-Fext in that case wouldn't be too far fetched.
    Or AV in general?
    I don't think they're a wolf. They could be a Serial Killer. That's it. Honestly, as always, I have a hard time reading them.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

A pathetic power, not following the day/ night cycle that gets even weaker by everyone knowing? I have absolutely no idea what you mean. But okay, I am going to accept your answer for now.

What do you think about the plan the Capitan proposed and the power he claimed? What do you think would happen if he used his power on you? (If you can answer this without weakening your power)
    This is going to sound like a broken record... But if that power is accurate, you should lynch Fext. Unless Captain Cap has an explanation for what happens to neutrals that aren't the serial killer or survivor. The power mentions everyone else we know exists. The lack of mentioning an anti serial killer means that either for some reason it was skipped or it doesn't exist.

11. - Top - End - #671

SwashbucklerGuy

I wouldn't really judge powers by their weirdness, especially in games like this in which the narrator has the opportunity to be particularly creative.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Pixie in the Playground

been waiting on Unavenger for forever to answer a question so I'll just ask here

if, hypothetically, I were immune to being nightkilled

would I know if somebody had tried to nightkill me

13. - Top - End - #673

Did you add the SPOILER to your sig? I vaguely remember it looking different.
    I moved some things around in my sig, but the spoiler was always there.

I would like to hear you opinion about gac, as he is the target Captain Cap suggests.
    As I mentioned in the night phase, I paired them for the Bladescape ask on purple names. 1.) Cause I was curious to see the result. 2.) Capgac! Gaccap! Gapcac! Paccag! sounds likes aliens attacking. Purely amusement in my own head.

Though I am curious as you why you want an opinion of sus (gac3) derived from someone I sus (cap), that you even sus (cap), cause that's pretty sus (rogan).

The blocker comment is... not optimal. Cap comes out and suggest to use his role block on someone suspicious and you immediately say blocking you would be a bad idea.
    Can you give us something more to judge this statement?
    I protect. Those who target me, would not be protected.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #674

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    been waiting on Unavenger for forever to answer a question so I'll just ask here

if, hypothetically, I were immune to being nightkilled

would I know if somebody had tried to nightkill me
    Well, AV knew what happened to her, but she is a special case.

There was some discussion about your alignment. Please don't go back to read everything for a moment. Instead talk to us while we are all here.

Did your tools to hunt the killer bring something up?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

15. - Top - End - #675
    Pixie in the Playground

I need an answer to this question before I can talk about anything else

which is why I've been so silent

16. - Top - End - #676

SwashbucklerGuy

There was some discussion about your alignment.
    Has Fext ever actually confirmed their alignment?

You know, at this point I'm starting to be fine with a mercy kill, it's like the 5th time I'm going back and forth between these twenty pages.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-10-20 at 02:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677

am I stupid or is bookwombat explicitly claiming non-town too
    Emphasis mine.
    I don't think anyone other than the Wombat's claimed not to be town, so this might be what you're looking for.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Pixie in the Playground

that's correct

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

I need an answer to this question before I can talk about anything else

which is why I've been so silent
    In this hypothetical do you have limited night kill immunity (like a couple times), immunity to a certain type, or immunity to everything?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Pixie in the Playground

now can anybody who knows how this works please help answer my question lmao

21. - Top - End - #681

SwashbucklerGuy

that's correct
    With this you confirm that was your way to claim neutral?

22. - Top - End - #682
    Pixie in the Playground

I mean even before that point I had made myself pretty clear

23. - Top - End - #683

SwashbucklerGuy

I mean even before that point I had made myself pretty clear
    And you're not A survivor.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Pixie in the Playground

I am not a Survivor

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

I originally reacted to the power not the plan. The plan is a bad idea. "Leave me alive and kill me tomorrow" plans only really work in a situation where you have two people and one is definitely a wolf so you lynch one today and one tomorrow. Without a way to clear cap in the meantime, going with the plan would basically be saying "I believe you but want to lose a day killing you anyways."

26. - Top - End - #686

The point is that there really isn't much to talk about: if you look at gac3 posts, for Day 1 he mostly focuses on first votes comments, notoriously not very indicative given there's not much to base vote on. Then he seems to ignore the Cao vs Snowblaze situation, with only one relevant post, this one:

A vote put there allegedly because he just wanted to see "what would happen", no in-depth reasons (if my stance was awfully neutral, his was non-existent).

During the night there's not much either, barely more than 2 purple names given according to its "instinct".
    Then today we have some obvious considerations, questions and comments that don't really lead anywhere, some general discussion about roles and abilities, lot of posts of couple of sentences that brings very little to the table, and also another vote with no much reason behind it:

This has been basically all of his activity.
    You'ree misrepresenting it somewhat. Even with a cursory skim, I've found two posts on the Fext/AV conundrum that I like.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

now can anybody who knows how this works please help answer my question lmao
    The answer is "it depends on what your immunity is". Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I'd need more details.

28. - Top - End - #688

That said, I'm half ready to switch over to Fext. Non-survivor neutral, would prefer not to be scried, knows about the killer…

29. - Top - End - #689

SwashbucklerGuy

I am not a Survivor
    Then gac3 has a point: your case is not contemplated at all in my power. It could still be that by targeting you the vote count wouldn't be altered at all, but it's weird that it takes into account every scenario except yours.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-10-20 at 03:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

The answer is "it depends on what your immunity is". Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I'd need more details.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Also what's a scry and since when do I not want to have it happen