New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Hey yo, just dropping in to say I saw Zodi's new stream starting screen on tumblr and it looks rad. I'd have replied there, but I've got a different handle on tumblr so you wouldn't have known who I was...
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Hey yo, just dropping in to say I saw Zodi's new stream starting screen on tumblr and it looks rad. I'd have replied there, but I've got a different handle on tumblr so you wouldn't have known who I was...
    Hah, didn't realize you had me followed there. Yeah, for those of you who haven't seen it yet; I made this for the streams!

Glad you like it. There'll be a stream today, and I'm really shooting for Majora to start again next week. Been going through some rough stuff... not to mention my glasses broke so I can't see as well. Oops!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-01-15 at 10:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    not to mention my glasses broke so I can't see as well. Oops!
    Ouch. That is... Not good.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #214

Crime returns!

Zodi Streams: Sly 2 [2] The Spice Must Easy Reference

Video Length: 4:58:07

We finish up Rajan's second episode, blowing up his ruins turned home, all in an attempt to capture him and steal the robot owl heart he has... only to fail due to a sudden yet inevitable betrayal. It leads to one of the best moments of the game, Bentley on his own having to save the day (and his friends) and it is clear that a lot of character growth has come from this. Also we beat up a spider lady, though she manages to escape and goes to a level I do... not recall IN THE SLIGHTEST. Huh.

5. - Top - End - #215

I'm going to assume that the quicksand wasn't deep enough to fully immobilize Murray. I'm not seeing Sly and Bently being able to pull him upon their own.

Using Clockwerk's heart as a pump that can't break or stop functioning makes a lot more sense than the last two levels, but still. Using it for drugs is wasted potential.

Like, presumably the heartbeats on its own, based on how sly describes it. If you hooked it up to some durable pipework you could probably create a closed water circuit connected to a turbine and essentially have perpetual energy. I'm not quite sure how much perpetual energy, but... Power costs add up, every bit helps.

...Also, does his having a heart mean he still had need of blood? Was there an organic brain till in him? Becuase I was under th impression that by the time you killed him he was essentially a disembodied consciousness kept bound to the earth by sheer rage using a mechanical body as a vessel.

Okay, never mind. Using half of it as an irrigation pump is less than efficient. Especially since he seems to just be using the other half as bling. I thought they meant some kind of industrial pump. This is just wasteful.

Rajan is a hungry boy, Zodi. Like all cats.

So did Rajan booby trap an Indian cultural treasure? Just rig a golden scroll case to explode?

So the spice is basically organic PCP? Scary stuff, that.

Sly is a Raccoon thief. Less ninja magic and more steal yo **** magic. Though I notice he's not using most of what he learned from the Thievius Racoonus, his family's ancestral book of stealth tricks and magic spells that they spent the entire last game gathering. Rolling into an electrified ball would be really useful in some of these missions.

And nothing bad will ever come from making an elephant OD on PCP.

I feel like you should have done the elephant mission first, since the whole point of it was to stop Rajan from being able to listen in on your communications. Like, you should have done that before even the recon mission.

Regarding Raz and Knight's side convo... Gonna be honest, I don't think there's that much difference between being a mafioso and being a Psychonaut.

"do geese see god" backwards is "dog ees eseeg od."

Likewise "flee to me, remote elf" is "fle etomer ,em ot eelf"

This mission seems a little buggy.

So wait... Bently is going to steal a priceless Indian ruby and sell it on the black market to buy explosives? Are you sure you're the good guys?

Didn't the last game involve beating up a thief who specialized in blowing everything up?

Zodi went splodi.

Reminds me of Prototype. just killing everyone is explicitly a valid way of ending an alert.

...So that convo with Neyla is a red flag.

So like... Uh... Yeah. The first thing we're told is that this is a set of ruins that Tajan converted in secret. This probably isn't his legal property, and while I don't know the laws in India I'm pretty sure that jungles and the contents thereof are public lands.

Or at least they should be.

I'm reminded of an episode of Bones. One of the recurring plots is that every couple of seasons there would be a serial killer they'd spend like, a third of the season's episodes tracking down for a season or two. One of them was Agent Booth's mentor from his days as a sniper in the army who was just assassinating criminals without due process. He was hiding out on property he'd purchased after stealing Booth's identity and was taunting Booth over the fence that he couldn't onto the property without a warrant.

And booth is like "no I don't, this property is registered to Seele Booth" and hops the fence.

Yeah, the heart half is just beating on its own.

Rubies are made of corundum, the second hardest naturally occurring substance on Earth. The ruby will be fine.

Oh, it's fragile now but it was just fine when you were smacking it, Sly? That's not how science works.

I note that you only have the guy's word that he's gonna give you the bomb. Also, confirmation that this is a proper Indian artifact. Yeah.

So the bit about tigers being adverse to water is objectively false.

That "cherry bomb 500" is literally just the same buckets of TNT that were already here.

Zodi, Murray is a Hippo. Hippos kill lions and crocodiles for fun. A tiger's nothing. Especially since he and sly both have OHKs now.

...Yeah, that is literally just a TNT barrel. The Indian Mafia screwed you over. Could have just grabbed one of the ones that were already there and either not desecrated an Indian treasure... Or at least keep it for yourself.

Jesus frick, the Clockwerk heart makes lightning? It's a generator? My god, that... That's literally a source of perpetual energy. And he was using half of it as a pump. God damn... Still with the squandering of potential.

Neyla betrayed you then she lied, tried to hide. So now you have to use karate to kick her ass.

You know what would be nice? If Bently were up there shooting sleep darts into Rajan. I know they said they weren't enough, but like. Chip damage. Or like, multiple doses might overcome his resistance and make him a bit drowsy and give Murray an edge.

Neyla is just a complete piece of trash. She is the Kyle's Mom of pink Indian tigers.

Carmelita... At this point swearing revenge just makes you look guilty.

Oh well, time to bust out of prison and become the fourth member of the Cooper Gang since your reputation is irreparably tarnished.

So I'm pretty sure that brainwashing people into being good is illegal. That's like a fundamental violation of their basic rights on the same level as a lobotomy. By all means, this shouldn't get her a job in Interpol it should have her blacklisted from the medical community.

Like, by all means, were I in a position to do so and get away with it I would kill her for this. This is utterly unforgivable. But I'm weird and think that respecting the sanctity of the mind should be respected.

...I am now imagining a conflict between the Psychonauts and Interpol over this bull. This is quite literally the kind of thing that th Psychonauts exist to stop.

Raz: "Wait... This s the real world. Did I just kill that bat?"
    Sasha: "He's just asleep Razputin. Asleep forever."
    Raz: "Sasha, he exploded into coins."
    Sasha: "Asleep, Razputin."

Also, surprise surprise that a black widow's husband died under mysterious circumstances.

So are you just blowing up cops at this point?

I notice that the prison is creepy and abusive. This has aged maybe a little too well.

Excessive use of lethal traps.

Oh, and the Contessa is corrupt. She is, in fact, a member of the Klaww Gang... And looks down on the Cooper Gang for being more or less decent people instead of being motivated purely by selfishness.

So we have Carmelita, who is more or less a decent person with severe tunnel vision on the Cooper Gang, a shoot first question later approach, and a nasty temper. Ney-La, who is a liar and a traitor. And Contessa who is a corrupt criminal warlord who uses her position with Interpol to brainwash people.

I know the protagonists are thieves but this is a grim view of law enforcement. It's not wrong, per se, but still.

And her means of hypnosis are dependant on the use of drugs that we were told last level were illegal.

Bently better be recording this stuff. "we were mentally tortured and force-fed illegal narcotics while in custody, here's the proof" is the kind of thing that makes the prosecutors drop the charges for fear of that being leaked to the public. If Bently has a recording of this he basically owns Interpol and...

So there's been no word of Sly or Murray having been taken to trial.

Is there anyone on that train? I feel like Bently's about to kill a bunch of people to save one guy.

To log into my computer, I have to beat it in a round of Yu-Gi-Oh. It's hard becuase it doesn't follow tournament regulations on banned and restricted cards. How the hell are you supposed to reliably defeat someone with three sets of Exodia?

Why did they let Sly keep his stick and gadgets?

Keep in mind: Bently was right about the Ghosts in the last game.

The Murray almost broke character.

...You know. The Murray could probably just walk out of this prison. He can literally OHK anyone who tries to stop him. I mean, he just murdered fifty guards.

Regarding Carmelita: The thought occurs to me that the Contessa was at the party at Rajan's palace and was presumably one of the witnesses captivated by their dance. And, you know, Carmelita flew into a rage and arrested literally everyone in sight when she realized that Cooper tricked her. The Contessa knows for a fact that the picture is bull****, she just doesn't care. Or she and Ney-La are in league with each other and this whole thing was a show for the other cops.

I mean, where else would she keep her wallet, Zodi? Women's clothing doesn't have real pockets for some reason. It's either tape it to the back of her butt or just not carry a wallet.

#stopfakepockets.

So apparently there's a Cross-Promotion with Toonami. If you enter a cheat code, you get a gadget that functions identically to the alarm clock, but it's TOM 3 shouting "hey" over and over again.

Of course lightning can destroy lightning. Lightning blade is called that because Kakashi cut lightning with it.

"Murray'sbeen forced to OD on PCP. Let's use piss him off so he'll use his super strength to free himself." Bently that's a bad.

Murray: "Ugh, why the hell do I have all this skin!"

...Whre was Murray hiding the heart? Where... Uhg... He's not wearing pants.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Regarding Raz and Knight's side convo... Gonna be honest, I don't think there's that much difference between being a mafioso and being a Psychonaut.

To log into my computer, I have to beat it in a round of Yu-Gi-Oh. It's hard becuase it doesn't follow tournament regulations on banned and restricted cards. How the hell are you supposed to reliably defeat someone with three sets of Exodia?

Why did they let Sly keep his stick and gadgets?
    1. Well of course, how else do you think I switched over so easily? Like the mafia I extort money from people by threatening them with my mind powers because they are under my protection and need to pay their racket money, I dispose of psychonauts that don't follow the rules by making sure they sleep with the fishes, we have a deal with law enforcement to keep our of their business as long they keep out of ours and of course pay them off when that isn't enough, and the boss doesn't care where the money comes from as long as long its profitable, but unlike the mafia I get better mental healthcare. say what you will about the Psychonauts ethics, but their psychiatric therapy is second to none! also beats being caught and taken to the Contessa's mindwash prison.

2. Wow, at least my Dark Souls login is fair. I just have to be good enough to win. computer card game rng can be cruel.

3. Given how corrupt they are, I'm not surprised they didn't take his items away. maybe they were never planning on making Sly into a productive member of society fast food worker. maybe they planned on brainwashing him into being the Contessa's thief so that he steals for her gain instead. we know the Contessa's a con artist with her prison set up just there to make sure the thieves tell her their secret loot stashes, with how good Sly is, maybe she wanted to run a new con where Sly steals something for her, gets caught again after dropping what was stolen for her to sell and sent back to her prison only to "break out" again.

Edit:
    Oh well, time to bust out of prison and become the fourth member of the Cooper Gang since your reputation is irreparably tarnished.
    4. what do you think Carmelita's role in the gang would be? (because I doubt that is actually going to happen.) like we know she can shoot her gun at things, but Murray already has the muscle/force side of things covered. maybe she'd be the ranged person who shoots like, nonlethal rounds from a distance that Murray can't reach and Bentley is busy doing something big brain to bother shooting it with his crossbow. or maybe with her police knowledge she'd be able to impersonate other police officers and do stuff to mislead them? or maybe since the gang already has the sneaky one, forceful one and smart one roles all covered, she'd just be the jack of all trades that gets whatever job that is leftover while everyone else is busy doing something more suited to them, or requires some combination of at least two roles to do.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-01-16 at 10:39 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

I'd hazard a guess that the cloaked figure that sold us the bomb is actually our corrupt cop friend. (Funnily enough, that figure was actually the moment where I was like 'okay, yeah, she's totally going to betray us, 100%'.) Wouldn't be surprised if we find the Ruby with her.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that the cloaked figure that sold us the bomb is actually our corrupt cop friend. (Funnily enough, that figure was actually the moment where I was like 'okay, yeah, she's totally going to betray us, 100%'.) Wouldn't be surprised if we find the Ruby with her.
    There were two cloaked figures and the one who actually bought the Ruby had a masculine voice, at least going by what I heard.

and Bently did arrange the sale with the local criminal underworld via the Thief Net.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

There were two cloaked figures and the one who actually bought the Ruby had a masculine voice, at least going by what I heard.

and Bently did arrange the sale with the local criminal underworld via the Thief Net.
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into it. But... I dunno, given that she knew you were going there, and everything, doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

"How did you know where we were?"
    "...you've been selling priceless artefacts that only come from a very specific area."
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Re: Latest Sly Cooper.

So, regarding the "Welcome to the Northwest Territories" sign being for Nunavut... I think it's actually more accurate than you're giving them credit for. Because consider what time period Jean Bison's from. Since the developers obviously know that, yes, Nunavut is a thing. And especially if this town was abandoned because of the avalanches, and was from a pre 1996 time period.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Re: Latest Sly Cooper.

So, regarding the "Welcome to the Northwest Territories" sign being for Nunavut... I think it's actually more accurate than you're giving them credit for. Because consider what time period Jean Bison's from. Since the developers obviously know that, yes, Nunavut is a thing. And especially if this town was abandoned because of the avalanches, and was from a pre 1996 time period.
    Yeah I forgot to specify that "though yeah Jean Bison wouldn't know that.

Anyway; Sly 2 VOD posting! Late because I was spending quality time with my girlfriend.

Zodi Streams: Sly 2 [3] Canada Time

Video Length: 4:34:11

In this one, we finish up with the Contessa, forge a... uneasy alliance with the Inspector (at least on Sly's side) and then take a trip to Canada! Hope y'all enjoy!

12. - Top - End - #222

The donation tracker gives me a sad.

"It would send any thief running. Except us. We've gotta go murder a crooked cop."

Why the frick would Interpol need to hire mercenaries? god flapping damned it all to blipping heckapoo.

This game does not a positive depiction of law enforcement.

Is your first decree "no" or did you have second thoughts about it?

Evil hypnotist uses evil hypnosis eyes for evil hypnosis. The evil hypnosis eyes that didn't do that when you fought Clockwerk in the first game.

To be fair, this isbasically literally the only thing other than decoration that the eyes could be used for.

The Contessa made the police look bad, therefore she has to frickin' die.

Is this the part of the game where it gets hard to buy all the gadgets that are in the level? OR are there just two Murray gadgets introduced here?

At the one platform, where you were having trouble jumping to the ook, not the one you got the first time and couldn't do again, but the second time it happened after grabbing a bottle... It looked like, to my perspective, that there was a thin pole or a cord sticking out of the platform. I'm not sure if that's something you can interact with but if you could have it might have been something you'd have to use to get to that hook?

Ah yes, the reduction tower where The Contessa strips people of their free will. And she does so by tying them down in suggestive restraints, emphasizing that this is a violation of their mind.

Also, Contessa sweetie, Interpol already knows. Brainwashing Carmiletia to take the wrap for your crimes isn't gonna work.

"After our encounter with Mz. Ruby two years ago, I began to dabble in dark sorcery myself, Sly. I just need to enchant a bomb while you weaponize the restless souls that can't pass on."

Wonder how many of those ghosts are the Contessa's victims.

Oh wow, none. You're using the Victims of some other evil person as a weapon.

Freeing them would be heroic if you weren't going to capture them again and use them as a weapon.

Remember the first game when Sly flat out said that they didn't hurt innocent people in the process and that there was no honor or challenge in anything but stealing the ill-gotten gains of other criminals? How the first game framed the Cooper Gang as Robin Hood types?

And now you're capturing the trapped souls of an evil sorceress's victims to use as a weapon just to slightly tick off a cooked cop so you can use her to attack another crooked cop.

The **** happened in the last two years, Cooper? I was joking about Bently dabbling in Dark Sorcery. He can't possibly have accidentally cursed you all.

Like, look, see. The ghosts are just enjoying their newfound freedom without bothering anyone. You're the bad guy here.

Okay, you don't seem to be able to interact with the cables coming out of the platform.

So why aren't Neyla's forces and the Contessa's fighting in the streets?

"Ghost, get out of the house" is a line you'd really expect to be in a lot more ghost stories.

Neyla's not all that put together, is she?

Steel is neutral against ghost type. You'd either counteract with ghosts of your own, or with dark-type moves, which is to say, lying, cheating, sneaking, or acts of malice.

"I don't want to hurt him... Even though I murdered fifty guys a few days ago."

Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic(formerly Czechoslovakia) the official language is Czech, it's very similar to Slovak(to the point that someone who only knows one can talk to someone who only knows the other and they'll mostly get what they're trying to say) and to a lesser extent polish, and has significant influence from German and Latin in terms of vocabulary.

So I don't know if the general is actually speaking Czech, but to someone who doesn't know better Czech might sound like vaguely German gibberish. Similar to how Portuguese sounds like bad Spanish.

The general doesn't afraid of anything.

I checked the wiki and apparently, he's just babbling incomprehensively.

...This is not a very culturally sensitive franchise.

I'm, noticing that when Murayy uses his instakill move, the people don't so much catch fire as turn into fire.

You say you're not sacrificing the wolves, but the bad mojo you collect corresponds directly with the wolves dying.

Wolves get a bad rap and it has terrible real-world consequences.

1: Sly called him Lizard earlier. 2: Maybe Bently's a fan of The Doors.

"Dumplin eats physics. And ****s Algebra" ~TeamFourStar

Okay, never mind. It only seemed like there was a correlation between killed enemies and overflow.

I get the feeling that Bently should have Sly here. Murray's too big to fit through the crypt doors but... Bently should not be alone here.

...Murray s almost the size of a tank. How's he supposed to fit in one?

...I was seconds away from pausing the Vod and typing out the Katamari song when I heard you doing it yourself.

So why use both sticks for movement? wouldn't one suffice?

Never played world of tanks, but war machines as a concept are cool. And giant robots. Anything big, made of metal, and heavily armed.

...Speaking of giant robots, I did some reading and apparently, there's a semi-canonical Gundam video game that depicts a stray piece of the Devil Gundam regenerating into a "Devil Gundam Junior" with all the powers and weapons of the original, plus a mind control function separate from its ability to control DG Cell infected life forms, and enhanced ability to mas produce and structure DG cells, and the ability to detach four parts of itself which can then form parts of the Four Heaven King Gundams—Grand, Master, Heavenly Sword, and Walter. Devil Gundam Junior doesn't look like the original though. It looks like a silver upside-down torso being suspended by four spider legs at its waist. And it aesthetically resembles, loosely, the Turn X. completly with having a very similar head peice and an arm piece that resembles the arm of turn X's "production model" form(which only exists as concept art.) Since all timelines lead to Turn A, apparently some people are suspecting that Turn X and by extension turn A are thus derived from the Devil Gundam. It might be silly... But Master Gundam is part of Devil Gundam Junior, and Turn X is able to use a shining finger variant... And you know, rapidly propagating nanomachines that reproduce in defiance of conservation of matter and energy and can infinitely regenerate both themselves and their hosts.

Strong the Murray is, in the ways of the boom. But not that strong.

Oh no, the battery broke and Bently got covered in acid. Now he's going on a trip.

Bently seems to get the most frustrating missions in this level.

Zodi, you turned into Goofy for a second there. "Yaaahahohohoouey!"

I'm gonna be honest, with how difficult that mission was I was half expecting that they were gonna make you bring the battery back to the hideout to sell it on Thief Net. "You know, an antique acid battery like this, especially one that still has some juice, could catch a pretty penny from a collector."

It's just th what-if episode of Futurama where Fry asks the machine what life would be like if it was a video game and the earth gets invaded by aliens from Planet Nintendo Sixityfouro, Zodi. Except worse in every conceivable way.

Thinking on it, I do not want to know what the Contessa was planning to do with a Rage Bomb.

Not only is Bently on Sly's back, Bently shrunk.

Tesla winning leads to the Internet of Things, Zodi. He was the Doctor Light all along. Now Bentlyman.exe, Jack in and execute.

...The Old Bird?

Yeah, nine times out of ten anyone who claims to be above morality is evil and just trying to justify themselves. Amorality isn't immorality, but it's pretty damn close.

Squish da bug, Zodi.

I can help but note that technically Carmalita has no authority right now, since her bosses at Interpol still think she's part of the Cooper gang. Legally, taking the eye from Bently was a mugging.

Oh, Canada. Be careful not to run over a moose.

Clearly, Bently dabbled in alchemy. He's transmuting their life force into an elixir he can use to heal his own wounds.

Did you just drown a longshoreman because he caught you picking his pocket?

Bison is not very perceptive.

Prairie dog towns are a fixture at most major zoos.

You gotta be careful with maple zodi, or else anyone could do anything with it.

Okay, using Cockwerks organs to make it so you don't need to stop to refuel or run maintenance on the engines is smart. If the other organs are comparable to the heart then they're perpetual motion devices and/or generator.

I wonder if you could configure the heart, lungs, and stomach together in such a way that Clockwerk's undying hatred for the Coopers could provide a cheap source of clean energy to a city.

It was already stated that Jean is using the trains to transport spice.

Gonna have to finish later.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

On latest Sly 2 stream:
    Don't worry Zodi, I'm pretty sure a canadian accent is just going “ey” instead of hello and and adding an “eh?” at the end of sentences. also saying “don'cha know?” helps

also the samurai still existed when the fax machine was invented.

“That bear has a radio signal” a rare sentence that I doubt I'll ever hear again.

“of all the people who deserve to say ****, its Carmelita”
    Carmelita: **** you Sly! **** you! You lead on this big chase across the globe, you evade me every time, you somehow always make a mockery of the law, **** you, and somehow, somehow you leave behind enough criminals for me to arrest, that my reputation goes UP because of it! **** you! And then you lead me into this situation where I'M a criminal but then you save me anyways even though I'm still out to capture you, what the ****, I'm confused, why the **** are doing this Sly?
    Sly: because its fun, particularly when your chasing me
    Carmelita:.....**** you sly.
    Sly: Yes Carmelita, **** me. *Smiles, wiggles eyebrows*
    *long moment of sexual tension*
    Carmelita:......Fine
    *one lovemaking session later*
    Sly: oh....that was...amazing
    Carmelita:....yeah I surprisingly....
    Sly: I know right? What now?
    Carmelita: This.
    *Carmelita puts the handcuffs on Sly and arrests him, ending up in a cell*
    Sly:.....Worth it. I regret nothing.

I like how even sly sounds a bit dubious when Bentley tells him the plan of “pickpocket radio transmitters from the bears mouths”.

How are the ice picks not waking the bears up.

Saws are on the roof because.....Neyla can hire tanks to fight the spider lady.

As for Carmelita calling Sly a trash panda....I can think of two instances where'd she do that...
    1. While chasing sly:
    Carmelita: come back you trash panda!!
    Sly:.....you get a pass.

Apparently bears dissolve in water in this universe.

A NICE one Zodi, not an ice one.

Zodi: this looks dangerous
    Sly: well you know they say: you can only spell “safe” with one letter of my name, but you can spell “dangerous” with four them.

Turkey? for our bird? No, the US already has an obesity problem, don't add to it! :P

Constant-ti-NOPE-al

The moose that speaks to Murray when he puts on the mask, thats a cartoonish canadian accent, Zodi. Thats what it sounds like in a nutshell.

Holding fish makes you fly!

All that build up and relaxing flight and then just.....*whump* die because eagles touch you. Heheheh.

A pigeon with self-respect? What sorcery is this?

From this we can infer only Sly cooper is the famous criminal here and Bentley and Murray are considered just accomplices living in his shadow.

Wow they really expect you to be fast with those grappling hooks to pull down the guy. Completely unforgiving in the timing.

I dunno, Bentley, Bison seems a bit smart to actually find and sell those parts

Wait, their mission is destroy the parts. Meaning, the goal here should be to just find an escape vehicle on this fortress, work out a plan to make this fortress crash and get off before they die, then let gravity do the work for them. They don't need to steal them back or confront him.

Wow this plan is very super robot: a mecha powered by hate to make the pilot immortal.

Technically with enough gravitational manipulation, lasers COULD curve. It'd be hideously expensive and you'd pretty much have to invent sci-fi technology to pull it off though.

I'm glad Carmelita admits they're chitchat is flirty.

I'm am the vertical and the horizontal, the alpha and the omega, the peanut butter and the jelly!

Okay, that is SLICK, that is just gold that his gang just somehow set that date up right as they quit on their way out. And while Bentley had his spine broken! Say what you will about how that should've have been more of an impact, but the fact that Bentley and Murray managed to do that for Sly on the fly is impressive and that it WORKED.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-01-30 at 06:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224

I was very tired and spent last night hugging my girlfriend instead of posting the VOD lol.

Zodi Streams: Sly 2 [4] Clock-la

Video Length: 5:25:16

This one is... rough, somehow. I ran out of steam about mid way through the final chapter because I legit just forgot it existed and I thought it was just a big final boss stage like the original game. All in all, still a really enjoyable experience, just... lesser than the first game in aspects I didn't quite recall being the case. Mysterious!

15. - Top - End - #225

So shouldn't the laser have melted or shattered the window?

Yes, wanting to have (or be) a weapon is not the same as wanting to use it. Sometimes you just think it's cool. You'd like a laser. I'd like a tank. A giant robot. Or Devil Gundam, which I don't consider a robot since it's explicitly alive. Or a symbiote Or any of the many, many Digimon that are "dragon with the capacity to launch nukes."

...Or an Umbras cube, which I am classifying as a weapon becuase they seem to only have potentially violent applications outside of maybe putting one in someone that's dying and then immediatly taking it back once they're healed.

Zodi, its pronounced "Con-stan-tin-opal"

...Moose Head. But the mooses are people. You're gonna be wearing somebody's head as a disguise

Zodi, if you see someone with a gun and a ski mask heading to your place of work while you're walking out the door and they don't stop you, you on't just ignore it because you're off the clock. You text the people at the office that "hey, some ****s going down" and then call the police.

Yeah, that is just literally one of their heads. That guy must have pissed of Bison.

...It's ironic that Jean Bison is a huge "Progress for Progress's sake" person considering that that attitude is part of the reason north American bison almost went existinc back.... Honestly, back arond the time he's from orignally, or at least that century.

Remember Medabots? The franchise where school children are given humanoid combat robots wih live ammo—ballistic and explosive—real, actual swords or combat blades, lasers, flamethrowers, and sometimes other more esoteric weapons as companions and they played a game that consisted of having them attack each other with their body parts being anted up for keeps? That's what therc battles reminds me off.

(Medabots, being owned by the same company as Digimon, did an april fool's crossover event: Three medabots respectively based on WarGreymon(GreyWar) Metal Garurumon(GaruruMetal) and Omnimon/Omegamon(OmegaKnight) vs a single Digimon, Omedamon, that was an Omegamon variant with Metabee and Rokusho arems replacing the Garurumon and Greymon arms, respectively and a differaant head. All of which eventually ended up official the next year. Omedamon would reasonbly be virtually invicible, as it's limbs and armor are made of the nigh indectructable chrome digizoit metal infuse with the regenerative nanomachines that Metabot parts of made of.)

I notice that the other tank doesn't seem to have limited ammo.

You'd think that the moose guard would be more suspiscious of the new guy asking where the thing is.

I feel like the plan with the oil runs counter to the envioronmentalist message of this level.

So is grizzleface justa permeant part of the map, ike Carmelita in the last level?

You know, it hardly seems sporting that Bison is participating in the games, considering that he's the host *and* is using the ultra-good-cutty-thingy that he's putting pas a prize. There's an inherant bias on the part of the judges.

Exactly.

I notice that he doesn't have to deal with any of the electrical obsticles.

It may have just been easier for the gang to gang up on Bison andd beat the crap out f him. Have bently sleap dart him from afar and then whenhe's drowsy all three come in, thwack him with the shrink gadget while Sly and Murray hit him with their respective charged moves and then just keep up with melee attacks from three sides while he can't fight back until he's in no position to stop you from taking the clockwerk talons.

...Where did the beaks for the disquises come from?

Why did they have all of the parts in thier hideout! There were weeks inbetween each job, right? You couldn't stash them in places? Take a layover to paris and hide them in your home base? God damn man, you might as well have used the parts yourself.

And yeah, should have just attacked Bison.

Is the "stew-pid" spelling meant to show that Bison's not as smart as he thinks he is, a phnetic representation of his accent,... Or is he making a turtle stew pun?

Defeating him with his own logging equpment is poetic. Especially since he called Bently stupid and yet isn't smart enough not to walk right nto the subverted equipment you're using to wreck his ****.

And Arpeggio, our final baddy, born physically week and unable to fly he researches clockwork devices from the renesaunce that resemble animal life in both forrm anf fuctioning looking to cure his frailty and I see exactly where this is going.

Wouldn't be surprised if he set up the rest of the gang for failure specifically to reclaim thier own clockwerk parts.

I find it impluasible that they were able to establish a safehouse on the blimp.

Da vinci was an average inventor but a briliant artiststrist.

I'm assuming that Arpeggio also kept the husk or any parts that the others didn't want.

...Neyla was looking right at you.

Wow, Sly's kind of ableist. "all this because you can't fly" is... No, seriously Sly, Arpeggio's being a **** about it but "my body is small, weak, and unable to do the things it's supposed to do" is a perfectly valid reason to want an upgrade. You gonna tell a guy born with bad legs "all this because yo can't walk" when he goes out of his way to get a tricked out whell chair? If you're you're making repacements or additions, why not go the whole nine yards?

So wha'ts Neyla's motivation in this? Arpeggio is screwing over a lot of people but "my bdy sucks I want a better one" is a valid motivation. Neyla... What's the endgame here?

You know, considering that Clokwerk's parts are apparently self-repariring, I don't see why you'd need the extra hate. Once yo've merged with and taken over the frame Clockwerk's initial undying hatred should be enough, soncidering it seems to be powering thigs fine so far even with Clockwerk himself "dead." We know that one half off the heart generates electricity ex nilho while the other half and his lung's and stomach are perpetal otion devices. It shouldn't need an external power source, hatred or oherwise.

...Though the fact that the Cooper Gang killed Clockwerk in the first place is kind of a hole in the plan...

...Unless that's why they need the additional hatred. It's not to make the parts work, it's to power uup it's defensive and self repair features so the frame can't be destroyed a second time.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Rater.....

I think there is a world of difference from just designing some prosthetics to move better or cybernetics to live longer......and gathering an ancient bird who sought revenge on a single family for centuries who literally designed his new body to be powered by the users hatred while participating in a scheme to drug people then hypnotize them into hating enough to power said new body for you with your ridiculous flying fortress of doom that was probably built on the back of the efforts of an evil industrialist who is destructive towards the environment.

One is reasonable, the other is a massive overreaction and makes victims out of people for one's own benefit. its not that he wants an upgrade, its the ridiculous things hes done to get it.

17. - Top - End - #227

Yeah, the hate is to fill it all up with juice so it can properly use Clockwork's repair systems and stuff.

As for what Neyla's motive is... they never get into it. But given her outfit (and the lore the Instruction Book gives on her) we can pretty easily guess as to what her deal is.

To elaborate; she's was a poor Indian woman from New Delhi who had to scam her way into a British university to ever get any respect. Any knowledge about the history of these places will probably make it very clear what her deal was.

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rater.....

I think there is a world of difference from just designing some prosthetics to move better or cybernetics to live longer......and gathering an ancient bird who sought revenge on a single family for centuries who literally designed his new body to be powered by the users hatred while participating in a scheme to drug people then hypnotize them into hating enough to power said new body for you with your ridiculous flying fortress of doom that was probably built on the back of the efforts of an evil industrialist who is destructive towards the environment.

One is reasonable, the other is a massive overreaction and makes victims out of people for one's own benefit. its not that he wants an upgrade, its the ridiculous things hes done to get it.
    Yeah, but "all this because you can't fly? ...You're pathetic" very much trivializes Arpeggio's experiences.

Especially since Sly says it before Arpeggio admits that he's going to commit an act of terrorism in Paris to power up the Clorkwerk body. So at this point all Sly knows is that Arpeggio went to great lengths to get and assemble a replacement for his own frail body.

The bird's an asshat and a terrorist, but Sly's dismissive attitude rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-01-30 at 08:33 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but "all this because you can't fly? ...You're pathetic" very much trivializes Arpeggio's experiences.

Especially since Sly says it before Arpeggio admits that he's going to commit an act of terrorism in Paris to power up the Clorkwerk body. So at this point all Sly knows is that Arpeggio went to great lengths to get and assemble a replacement for his own frail body.

The bird's an asshat and a terrorist, but Sly's dismissive attitude rubs me the wrong way.
    Okay but.

Imagine you confront like, five guys in a vast criminal operation involving finding this steampunk arm over a big adventure across the globe.

and the sixth did all this to get this steampunk arm because he wasn't born with a right arm.

but said steampunk arm you know is like, possessed by a demon, or at least powered by hating things. so whatever comes of putting on said steampunk arm isn't good.

when prosthetics are a thing. and that furthermore given the tech possible in the setting, its possible they could make a fully working arm themselves without dredging up an ancient arm possessed by a demon. he did after all, somehow get resources to build a giant flying fortress in the sky, something that isn't technologically possible in our world.

so its like, does it matter what they want to do with the demon-possessed steampunk arm when we know what kind of five other evil people they were working with, and what happened the last time someone had the demonic steampunk arm?

especially when said one-armed man is like, a rich jerk who has the money and resources have a fancy flying fortress of doom and tons of guards at his beck and call that he is probably not paying enough, and is a criminal who has successfully evaded the cops given his affluent position?

all I'm saying is the guy has wealth for other more practical options. he doesn't NEED to go for the demon-steampunk arm made by the guy who wanted to kill you, your family and your little dog to a year ago and might be a weapon capable of great destruction. because thats roughly analogous to the situation here, the specific details are not exact sure, but the point is that maybe someone rich, criminal and genius enough to own a flying fortress and staff it with a bunch of criminal guards and stupid laser traps who can probably just make their own arm/new body with the resources they have available, is a little pathetic for going for a hate-filled artifact and causing a bunch of suffering to others to get it? like, disability doesn't really excuse all that, even without the terrorism angle known.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, hmmm, the game kinda felt... a little all over the place with what exactly it wanted to be.

21. - Top - End - #231

Anyway, I can't help but be amused that Arpeggio's men are still patrolling the blimp and stopping you after Neyla kills him.

Do, do they think that Neyla is going to pay them? Or do they just think that Arpeggio got impatient and skipped a step in the plan?

Is the implication with Ney-La's breakdown that Clockwerk's consciousness is beginning to merge with and overwrite Neyla's? She's a bitch but claiming to be "the Clockla" and revenge incarnate is a bit extra for her.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-01-31 at 07:05 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, I can't help but be amused that Arpeggio's men are still patrolling the blimp and stopping you after Neyla kills him.

Do, do they think that Neyla is going to pay them? Or do they just think that Arpeggio got impatient and skipped a step in the plan?
    Simplest explanation:
    they probably simply don't know. they were in a private room with no one else around when Arpeggio died. they know enough of the plan to know about the metal bird, they might not care enough to do anything if the boss decides to change the plan- you know how it is with bosses like this: whatever the boss says go, so if the boss has changed the plan, why bother wasting energy complaining about it? they're the ones getting paid to do the work. only careful planners like us would be annoyed at a change like this.

though I don't remember whether Clockla spoke loud enough for them to hear. really its odd that the machine can reproduce her voice so accurately, you'd think a body designed for Clockwerk would....only use Clockwerks voice.

also if they both know that the Clockla killed him and that she probably won't pay them while as a giant crazy bird, I wouldn't be surprised in an organization as large as the Klaw Gang- they have operations across the globe meaning they're international that requires some level of organization to work-, that there is probably some second in commands privy to enough of the inner workings to seize power if one of the current heads kicks it and thus sign the paychecks in their place. crazy supervillain schemes come and go, but proper organizational planning and succession is forever. itsjust not a detail the game focuses on. of course the current heads being arrested is a great opportunity for them to get them to confess all their secrets and thus bust up their second in commands so that the operations don't just continue without them or even have the original boss continue controlling things from behind bars.

23. - Top - End - #233

Stream!

Zodi Streams: Halo 3 (and Reach) Multiplayer Fun!

Video Length: 2:30:26

A bit of a short one, but that's because it's just a final pin in the Halo stuff (for now, we'll be resuming it at some point when we've the time) of showing me the multiplayer stuff. And boy, is it stuff that is physically present! But I had a lot of fun with Em and the people watching, so that's good. I also, fittingly, ended up exploding with laughter at some point during this, so if you're a fan of Zodi making dying noises, you'll love this one.

There was also a poll during this stream to determine what gets streamed next, and the winner is; Beyond Good and Evil! Hope to see you all there.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

apart of me is sad I didn't get to play with you because I have the halo collection, but considering how little fun you had, perhaps its just as well.

yakkety sax and katamari damacy did in fact fit this as music, but so did And They Don't Stop Coming (though personally I prefer Hey Now).

beyond good and evil? what are we going into, rainbow morality?

25. - Top - End - #235

My alignment is choatic voidpunk.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #236

apart of me is sad I didn't get to play with you because I have the halo collection, but considering how little fun you had, perhaps its just as well.

yakkety sax and katamari damacy did in fact fit this as music, but so did And They Don't Stop Coming (though personally I prefer Hey Now).

See the interesting thing is that I definitely would say I had fun; but it's not fun caused by the game. So theoretically playing with people I knew would make it more fun, cause that's where the fun came from.

The original title was supposed to be "Before Good and Evil" which is also just as nonsensical to what is going on as Beyond Good and Evil, but the latter sounds much better.

My alignment is choatic voidpunk.
    Somehow that's actually pretty accurate.

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Somehow that's actually pretty accurate.
    ...Do you mean I have accurately described myself... Or does Beyond Good and Evil invovle the philosophical rejection of humanity and/or transhumanist desires and actions by people who are alienated and/or dehumanized?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #238

...Do you mean I have accurately described myself... Or does Beyond Good and Evil invovle the philosophical rejection of humanity and/or transhumanist desires and actions by people who are alienated and/or dehumanized?
    In short; Yes.

This will make sense in time.

(more directly, you are a good arbiter of your own self so I don't have much to say with regards to that, but yes this accurately describes the setting of Beyond Good and Evil quite well)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-02-06 at 09:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry, given how well the rest of us trying to play with Zodi worked, the session was cursed.

30. - Top - End - #240

Took awhile to get the VOD posted because lovely girlfriend times were being had.

Zodi Streams: Beyond Good and Evil [1] Uncle and Himbo

Video Length: 4:13:10

See game, I can arbitrarily list two opposite things as well! But yes hello, here is Beyond Good and Evil, an absolute cult classic if there ever was one. Renowned in its time for the progressive content of "you play a girl" and "you don't use a gun", does it hold up to the hype that as many as tens of people have within their heart and souls? We'll see! This stream, we got through the opening of the game, and through the first "dungeon" environment, the Nurtipils factory. Hope you enjoy!