New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Wilder West WW: Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Maybe my brain still isn't rested enough, but is there a reason you're assuming Taff's Zs are a vote for Xi?
    It was a reference to Xihirli's joke in the recruitment thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Wait, but

But

I was always the last alphabetically

Everyone, I'm proud to announce my name has changed to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I will not clarify on powers or details on the activations beyond what has been said already.
    My take on this is that Bladescape has copied the "rules" section from previous games he's narrated and we shouldn't read too much into it. Though more than one scry seems reasonable what with only two people getting their guns activated each night.

- - - Updated - - -

Copying Snow's vote count so we have it on this page:

Xihirli 2 (Taffimai, Xumtiil)
    flat_footed 2 (Elenna, AvatarVecna)
    Xumtiil 2 (Xihirli, Book Wombat)
    Elenna 2 (flat_footed, Batcathat)
    Taffimai 1 (Rogan)
    gac3 1 (Snowblaze)
    Snowblaze 1 (gac3)
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Oh, right. I meant to reread the recruitment thread but never got around to it, I should go do that now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Why not flat?
    I guess I deserved that. I mean I could also break the 4 way tie by voting for someone without votes currently, but that just reduces it to a 3 way tie rather than a leading wagon and 2 runners-up.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So I decided to just roll a d4 and vote whichever of the tied players came up. I got a three, so [color=red]Xihirli[/color] is in line to die.

Because I'm out of better ideas.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2022-05-01 at 06:39 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #35

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    So I decided to just roll a d4 and vote whichever of the tied players came up. I got a three, so Xihirli is in line to die.

Because I'm out of better ideas.
    I'm switching to Snowblaze because that d4 should've been a d3 (we're never lynching a new player D1) which means the "I rolled a die" statement is likely false.
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-05-01 at 02:37 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm switching to Snowblaze because that d4 should've been a d3 (we're never lynching a new player D1) which means the "I rolled a die" statement is likely false.
    I'm leaning towards agreeing with your suspicions, but for different reasons. Snowblaze is a compulsive analyst and investigator, leaving it up to chance doesn't really seem like her. It's not much, but it's more than I have against anyone else.

On a completely different note, is using the "Who posted?" list to find someone's posts working wonky for anyone else? It seems to display the correct number of posts, but it doesn't show all of them when clicked (it showed Xumtiil as having four posts, but only showed two and BW as having one posts but just gives me an error message when clicked).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I wonder if AV's plan for winning a blade narrated game is to do their best "cryptic bladescape" impression?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ah, yes. The classic "trying to make something happen generally means that something is you getting wagoned".

The die thing was technically false, I used random.org. Also it was a spontaneous decision, I didn't take the time to think through not killing a new player. If I'd got a four I probably would have rerolled.

And yes, normally I wouldn't leave it up to chance. It's just that I had absolutely nothing else to go on, and someone had to break the tie.

Also please don't kill me.

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

I hate you all! You force me to do try some solving by reads instead of mech. Don't you know how terrible I am in this regards?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz because I'm lazy and I don't want to write that name ever again.
    Let's be very uncharitably here, since I don't like Taffi anyway.
    This is clearly a plot to make Xi appear as a viable wagon, without realy voting for her, increasing the chances of her survival!

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    3 cowboys start, one shot down, 2 left. I'm cautiously calling 2 scum unless there are shenanigans.

Also, since I have nearly no history with anyone here, and I do still want to start off with some pressure, I'm gonna go with... gac3. He's the only one I've interacted with in a ww-game context on here, and he didn't let me in to replace a player even though they took ages to get into the game.

Actually nm, OMGUS Xihirli
    Analysis of the OP and at least something you could talk about.
    I am not too sure about the vote switching. Since Xumtiil (is it okay if I call you Xum? I like to shorten names!) is a new player, I don't think I should read it uncharitably.

Here we go again...

I was planning to vote Xihirli but she already has a wagon so... who's even playing?

gac3, because I'm pretty sure they're going to vote me and now their vote will be OMGUS.

(Context: I cut then in half with a chainsaw before they even got to play last game.)
    Any reasons you wanted to vote Xi?

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Snowblaze because they are pretty sure I'm going to vote for them and I don't remember the logic but if it's because I said I would, I don't want to be a liar.

Also... Was I supposed to get any role information? Like anything at all? Even alignment? I'll just assume I'm town.
    In combination with Snows post above, this might have been a distancing move between them, but since I feel postive that gac didn't know his alignment at this time, thats a moot point.

Setup stuff. Right.

Claiming whether you were activated sounds sensible, yes. (I have other thoughts on that but I don't want to give wolves ideas, so will only mention that if it's relevant.)

I... don't really know if getting results is something that's a thing with guns, given we don't know what our guns do or whether we'll find out (I vaguely remember something about finding out powers when guns are used in recruitment. Will check.)

But assuming we do get results... I say just go with the standard procedure of claim if you've found a wolf, you're in danger of being lynched or you can clear a consensus suspect.

I can't work out if "I don't know if there's a nightkill" is town not knowing what wolves would definitely know or wolf faking not knowing what wolves would definitely know.

Taffimai 1 (Rogan)
    gac3 1 (Snowblaze)
    Snowblaze 1 (gac3)

Everyone's checked in, cool. And we have a four-way tie. Anyone feel like breaking it?

Also I am going to end every post by saying I should be revising, and I really shouldn't be producing walls on page one.
    I have more thoughts about the activation and the implications as well, but they are not relevant yet.
    At least last game, I was all in for giving information about the past if they are anything remotly relevant (hence I claimed my protection as soon as I was outed as protected, or was annoyed about the day 1 and 2 lynches), but be very careful with the future (which was why I didn't claim my full role and the limits until it was somewhat relevant). The last point still applies, of course. The first one... I guess this time claiming is even more tricky. I'm not sure if I should say more about this, but just keep in mind: If you claim, it will have certain consequences. Getting killed immediatly is one possibilty, but not the only one.

I can't help with this question either, snow. I know when I hinted at things town would know, at least some people (wrongly) thought I was a wolf faking things. This is slightly different, since it's hinting at not knowing things a wolf would know, which is much easier to fake. After all, there is no risk of being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Start of day post says the day will end in 49 hours, so I assume the 48 (or 49 in this case) hour countdown starts at the start of the day as usual, not when a 20% majority is reached.
    So, yeah, after ~48 hours, the person with the most votes is lynched unless they have less than 20% of the votes, in which case nobody is lynched.
    I don't like this post. It's basically repeating the thing I've said before, without adding anything much on her own. Mentioning the start of day post is new, but the rest is basically what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Assuming there is a mafia kill like normal, and vigilante is a roll that exists here, we could be looking at 2 kills a night. That's going to make this game go very fast if the wolves are lucky with their picks. Town doesn't get the benefit of a picky Vig, we all have to pick a target at night.

If there's the normal wolf kill, I can't see Bladescape making more than 1 vig (if any). If there's no wolf kill, I'm almost positive that there will be at least one vig.
    11 players, 9 / 2 splits
    8 / 2 at n1
    6 / 2 at d2
    5 / 2 at n2
    3 / 2 at d3, so lyl.

That's a worst case and doesn't factor in that the vig will be basically confirmed.
    It doesn't seem that bad, especially factoring in that the wolves would have to identify the vig right away and the vig would have to miss all the time, without overlapp with the wolfkill or interference from another town power.
    I can see more than one vig despite a normal wolf kill. Oh wait...
    The real worst case would be two vigs and the wolves finding both by chance, so at most, there would be 3 kills each nigth (but two confirmed townies).
    8/2 n1 -> 5*/2 d2 -> 4*/2 n2 -> 1/2 d3 game over
    *at this point, there are two confirmed town vigs
    This worst case is basically never going to happen, but having two vigs would increase the chances of the wolves hitting one and therefore leading to the first scenario. I still definitly can see some dublicate powers, but vig seems unlikely to be one of them, despite being thematically fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Oh and once I'm more awake I may weigh in on this mechanical discussion. Or I may not. Depends on if I feel I have anything to add.
    Are you not awake or do you have nothing to add?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Of course, there might be different kinds of scrys, especially if track/watch counts as Scry as well. Does anybody know how they usually work in regards to the scry interference rule?
    Quoting this, so maybe I can get an answer this time.

My take on this is that Bladescape has copied the "rules" section from previous games he's narrated and we shouldn't read too much into it. Though more than one scry seems reasonable what with only two people getting their guns activated each night.

- - - Updated - - -

Copying Snow's vote count so we have it on this page:

Taffimai 1 (Rogan)
    gac3 1 (Snowblaze)
    Snowblaze 1 (gac3)
    Despite what other people might say (and me wanting to scum read Taffi), I don't think answering an easy question is a scum tell.
    Copying the vote count might be a tad too much though. Anybody up to join me on Taffi?

You don't always vote in order to kill. Votes are not locked in and especially on day 1, they are expected to change.
    If Snow actually had landed on the new player, I might even call her town for this. I realy doubt a SnowWolf would go after a new player, even when the vote is unlikely to stick. The way it is now, I can see the RNG.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with your suspicions, but for different reasons. Snowblaze is a compulsive analyst and investigator, leaving it up to chance doesn't really seem like her. It's not much, but it's more than I have against anyone else.

On a completely different note, is using the "Who posted?" list to find someone's posts working wonky for anyone else? It seems to display the correct number of posts, but it doesn't show all of them when clicked (it showed Xumtiil as having four posts, but only showed two and BW as having one posts but just gives me an error message when clicked).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I wonder if AV's plan for winning a blade narrated game is to do their best "cryptic bladescape" impression?
    I think, this is a slightly better reason. But let's be fair here: There is not much to go by at this point, so using a random vote to create activity and reaction is fine. And I'd say, assuming this was Snows goal: Mission accomplished*.

After you mentioned the problems, I checked and yeah, I have a similar problem. At first glance and without many datapoints, I feel like it might be limiting the search to the last page somehow?

I rather think AV is doing her not uncommon "Stay quiet day 1, get active later if still alive" mode. I'd rather have her talking, I'm not too worried by now.

*It might have backfired a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, yes. The classic "trying to make something happen generally means that something is you getting wagoned".

The die thing was technically false, I used random.org. Also it was a spontaneous decision, I didn't take the time to think through not killing a new player. If I'd got a four I probably would have rerolled.

And yes, normally I wouldn't leave it up to chance. It's just that I had absolutely nothing else to go on, and someone had to break the tie.

You had to say "please don't kill me" here, didn't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Off to grab some food, then I'll check again here. And hopefuly get some work done afterwards. Which reminds me:
    Snow, here is your friendly reminder to study!
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

9. - Top - End - #39

RedKnightGirl

It's for your own good, you should be revising

And you have to admit that a) you always squeeze through these D1 wagons anyway and b) it would be hilarious if the one to stick was the one Supagoof couldn't be a part of.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yes, my mission was accomplished, and yes, it did backfire.
    And yes, it would be entertaining if I died day one the one game Supagoof wasn't playing. Still not happening, though.

Right, now to digest Rogan's wall.

- you solving by reads greatly increases my chances of solving you, so it's worth it.

- I was thinking of voting Xihirli because she's herself and also because "there can only be one X and I don't want to kill the new player".

- also I've already done a three hour mock paper today and am going to do more studying as soon as I've finished writing this. Thanks anyway!

As for my read on Rogan... err... it doesn't really exist? Which I think makes him a tentative townlean since I read Rogan more by wolfy stuff than an absence of towny stuff (if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't.)

Also noting that if one of Xihirli/Taffimai flips wolf at some point the other should be investigated closely. And the BCH vote is probably what I'd expect from wolf!them in that situation, but I also don't think it's something town!them wouldn't do so I can't actually wolfread them for it, OMGUS aside.

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

- I was thinking of voting Xihirli because she's herself and also because "there can only be one X and I don't want to kill the new player".
    This is pretty compelling, I think Snowblaze can be trusted forever.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #42

Approximately 24 hours remain.

Snowblaze 3 (Gac3, Taffimai, Batcathat)
    Xihirli 2 (Xumtiil, Snowblaze)
    Flat_Footed 2 (Elenna, AvatarVecna)
    Elenna 1 (Flat_Footed)
    Taffimai 1 (Rogan)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Flat_Footed. Let’s get a pair of wagons head-to-head.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #44

ClericGuy

It's for your own good, you should be revising

And you have to admit that a) you always squeeze through these D1 wagons anyway and b) it would be hilarious if the one to stick was the one Supagoof couldn't be a part of.
    I can't make up my mind if killing Snow so she can spend more time learning without worring about the game is a nice thing to do or evil.
    And adding a Meme as additional reason for a lynch is a very day 1 thing to do. How much of your push is actually wolfreading Snow and how much Memes?

Yes, my mission was accomplished, and yes, it did backfire.
    And yes, it would be entertaining if I died day one the one game Supagoof wasn't playing. Still not happening, though.

Right, now to digest Rogan's wall.

- you solving by reads greatly increases my chances of solving you, so it's worth it.

- also I've already done a three hour mock paper today and am going to do more studying as soon as I've finished writing this. Thanks anyway!

As for my read on Rogan... err... it doesn't really exist? Which I think makes him a tentative townlean since I read Rogan more by wolfy stuff than an absence of towny stuff (if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't.)

Also noting that if one of Xihirli/Taffimai flips wolf at some point the other should be investigated closely. And the BCH vote is probably what I'd expect from wolf!them in that situation, but I also don't think it's something town!them wouldn't do so I can't actually wolfread them for it, OMGUS aside.
    On the bright side, it will help you getting in the game. On the dark side... You shouldn't be But that's true for me as well. I need to finish an PCB draft by monday. Anyway:

- Your welcome, I guess?
    - Killing Xi to avoid confusion with Xum, that's something I can get behind.
    - Sound's good. So, I guess my next reminder will be tomorrow (Real Time)

I'm not sure if I understand your reasoning correct, but I don't think you need to elaborate right now. Maybe later, if we are still alive.
    Pairing Taffi and Xi is fine in my book.
    Bat seems like his usual self. I agree Wolf!Bat probably would jump at a chance to vote for you, but after thinking about it, I am inclined to call the problems he spottet regarding the search function townie. A wolf could have been happy to have a target in you, while Town!Bar was looking at other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    This is pretty compelling, I think Snowblaze can be trusted forever.
    Okay, Xihirli, you make some very good points here!
    Okay okay... It's mainly because I don't suppose the Taffi wagon will catch on, so I'll try to see if I can get her indirectly by maybe catching one of her allies she might have defended. But only having one X is a fine day1 reason as well

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Approximately 24 hours remain.
    Spoiler: Official Vote Count
    Show

Xihirli 2 (Xumtiil, Snowblaze)
    Flat_Footed 2 (Elenna, AvatarVecna)
    Elenna 1 (Flat_Footed)
    Taffimai 1 (Rogan)
    Uhh, nice service. Thanks blades!

Updated Vote Count
    Xumtiil 1 (Book Wombat)
    Xihirli 3 (Xumtiil, Snowblaze, Rogan)
    Flat_Footed 3 (Elenna, AvatarVecna, Xihirli )
    Elenna 1 (Flat_Footed)

Hey, good news: Instead of 4 wagons with the same numer of votes we now have 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz because I'm lazy and I don't want to write that name ever again.
    It doesn't seem like this vote is valid (told you so, it's a plot!), but could you still strike it out, please.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2022-05-01 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Vote change
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

15. - Top - End - #45

RedKnightGirl

Given that my entire reason for voting Snow collapses unless one of Flat, AV or Xumtiil is her partner and that she has now helpfully provided enough to be analysed, I would really appreciate it if those people could come and give their opinions.

For instance, her unprompted read on Rogan, is that a wolf trying to deflect attention onto the easiest target or a townie who feels under pressure to provide something?

- - - Updated - - -

And adding a Meme as additional reason for a lynch is a very day 1 thing to do. How much of your push is actually wolfreading Snow and how much Memes?
    There are 10 players who aren't me, and 2-3 wolves this game, so everybody starts with a 25% chance of being a wolf in my book. Voting Snow is 30% wolfread, 30% memes, and 100% so I can see how other people respond to it.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Analysis of the OP and at least something you could talk about.
    I am not too sure about the vote switching. Since Xumtiil (is it okay if I call you Xum? I like to shorten names!) is a new player, I don't think I should read it uncharitably.
    I had written up my post in anticipation of start of day, thinking gac was going to be the only one I had the vaguest of reasons to fling accusations at, and then Xihirli came out and tagged me first. I left the original in as a show of thought process, but you'll notice that the post has not been edited yet (as of writing) so the flip was intentional inside the post.

And yes, just Xum is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that my entire reason for voting Snow collapses unless one of Flat, AV or Xumtiil is her partner and that she has now helpfully provided enough to be analysed, I would really appreciate it if those people could come and give their opinions.
    This might be noob-me talking, but I don't see how you went from
    to flat, AV or me being partners with Snow?

Also, her analysis of Rogan could be both - but more likely is because Rogan has posted a lot, therefore has a lot to be talked about / analysed, imo.

17. - Top - End - #47

RedKnightGirl

This might be noob-me talking, but I don't see how you went from

to flat, AV or me being partners with Snow?

Also, her analysis of Rogan could be both - but more likely is because Rogan has posted a lot, therefore has a lot to be talked about / analysed, imo.
    Town!Snow who just wants to get things moving can genuinely roll a die or just pick someone she likes to vote for, but has no reason to lie about rolling a die. Wolf!Snow would want to pick someone without having to justify her reason for it, because any fake reason she comes up with might give her away, therefore she has a reason to pretend it was random (the die).

Why would Wolf!Snow want to break the tie? Because one of the four is her partner. Hence: you, Flat or AV.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Ok yeah so my confusion was that you said me, flat or AV

The fourth wagon was on Elenna, not AV - I can see the thought process if any of [Xum|Elenna|Flat] is wolf with Snow, that she might "randomly" pick Xihirli to save one of us. Don't really see Snow being that transparent though.

19. - Top - End - #49

RedKnightGirl

Ok yeah so my confusion was that you said me, flat or AV

The fourth wagon was on Elenna, not AV - I can see the thought process if any of [Xum|Elenna|Flat] is wolf with Snow, that she might "randomly" pick Xihirli to save one of us. Don't really see Snow being that transparent though.
    Ohh, good catch! So do you think my mistake is because I'm just distracted or because I'm a wolf pretending not to be fully invested in the game? Also I'd still like your read on Snow even if it's only half-baked.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

For instance, her unprompted read on Rogan, is that a wolf trying to deflect attention onto the easiest target or a townie who feels under pressure to provide something?
    c) none of the above. I'm pretty confident in my ability to read Rogan and he'd just produced a large amount of content so I felt like I should give a read.
    Town!Snow who just wants to get things moving can genuinely roll a die or just pick someone she likes to vote for, but has no reason to lie about rolling a die. Wolf!Snow would want to pick someone without having to justify her reason for it, because any fake reason she comes up with might give her away, therefore she has a reason to pretend it was random (the die).
    This is basically the opposite of wolf!me's thought process in that position. Voting randomly is going to make me look suspicious, and I can plausibly argue "so someone needs to break this tie, and I did want to vote Xihirli" which wouldn't draw anywhere near as much attention.

Also Taffimai's last post feels a bit like trying to pocket the newbie. Though Taffimai and I tend to have quite a bit of playstyle clash, so...

Taffimai, thoughts on BCH since they also broke a four-way tie? (Admittedly without the randomness.)

Back to the revision. What fun.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Don't really see Snow being that transparent though.
    I'm townleaning Snow, since she's done suspicious things but nothing that screams Wolf to me, more "distracted". Like yourself, not getting that it was AV in the list or that I just said that I don't see Snow doing this on purpose to save another wolf.

Also, looks like Snow might still get lynched, in which case we'll know for sure if she was trying to distract.
    That being said, I'm going to shut up and let some other people talk now, since I feel back and forth between you and me is just making it easy for wolves to lie low.

22. - Top - End - #52

RedKnightGirl

Taffimai, thoughts on BCH since they also broke a four-way tie? (Admittedly without the randomness.)
    The only thing I can tell you about Batcat is that in none of my games where Batcat was a wolf did I correctly wolfread Batcat. It could be opportunistic wolfing like you say. I don't think it's bussing.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Don't blame me, Snowblaze, blame Xihirli for her vote. I don't have time to do a deeper view right now, but will try later after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Don't blame me, Snowblaze, blame Xihirli for her vote. I don't have time to do a deeper view right now, but will try later after work.
    I'm definitely blaming you. Xihirli has the same number of votes as I do, so why not just vote her instead?

(I probably won't feel as bad about this when I get over the immediate OMGUS reaction, but that could still use an explanation.)

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

What I'm hearing is that all the cool kids vote Snowblaze.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56

ClericGuy

- - - Updated - - -

There are 10 players who aren't me, and 2-3 wolves this game, so everybody starts with a 25% chance of being a wolf in my book. Voting Snow is 30% wolfread, 30% memes, and 100% so I can see how other people respond to it.
    I think unprompted is a very strong word. Sure, nobody said "hey, what do you think about Rogan" but her read was in direct response to one of my posts.
    I also wonder, what do you mean by "easiest target"? Please explain.

Your reasons for the vote seem fair enough. What did you learn from the reactions? Or is it still too early to tell?

I had written up my post in anticipation of start of day, thinking gac was going to be the only one I had the vaguest of reasons to fling accusations at, and then Xihirli came out and tagged me first. I left the original in as a show of thought process, but you'll notice that the post has not been edited yet (as of writing) so the flip was intentional inside the post.

And yes, just Xum is fine.
    Noted. For future games, AV is always a safe bet for day 1

And thanks, Xum is definitely easier for me than the full name. I promise, I won't joke that Xum sounds a bit like Scum until your second game

Ohh, good catch! So do you think my mistake is because I'm just distracted or because I'm a wolf pretending not to be fully invested in the game? Also I'd still like your read on Snow even if it's only half-baked.
    I wasn't the person asked, but since you obviously know AVs school of thought on those matters, I want to believe it's the wolf plot.
    If it was an honest mistake, do you think you could figure out what caused this mistake? After all, you made sure the vote count was copied to page 2 for easier reference, so it seems like you should have been more aware of it.

Can you give a rough estimate for the time till you look again? But don't stress it, work is more important.

What I'm hearing is that all the cool kids vote Snowblaze.
    Okay, so I'm not a cool kid. I'm not voting for her and I think the case against her is a bitoverblown. I'm not sure she is town and I won't fight hard to save her unless things change. A flip would yield some Intel even if she is town. I'd prefer a flip on Taffi, but this doesn't seem likely to catch on right now. So I'll take Xihirli instead and hope to get two wolves for the price of one.

AV, I'm guessing you don't want to answer, but are you trying to apply pressure or do you agree with the Snow case?

Vote Count
    Snowblaze 5 (Gac3, Taffimai, Batcathat, Flat_Footed, AvatarVecna)
    Xumtiil 1 (Book Wombat)
    Flat_Footed 2 (Elenna, Xihirli)

I'd like to hear something from the off wagon voters, especially Book and Elenna. For Xi, I'm going to assume that when push comes to shove, she will vote Snow, out of self defense.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so I'm not a cool kid. I'm not voting for her and I think the case against her is a bitoverblown.
    While I agree that it's not a strong case (hell, even calling it a "case" might be an exaggeration), I haven't seen a better one against anyone else. It's D1, so I'm not expecting much, but right now I haven't really seen anything at all.

Could you specify your suspicions against Taff? Is it just the vote against Snow or something more? I'm probably biased in the matter, since if Taff's a wolf I'm probably wrong about Snow, so I could use someone arguing the other way to even me out.

- - - Updated - - -

On a different note, I reported the issue I was having with the "Who posted?" list, so if anyone else who's experiencing it have any usable info to share, you're welcome to do so in the relevant thread. It's not that big of a problem at this point, but the idea of trying to ISO someone's 50+ posts without being able to find all of them easily is exhausting.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I think unprompted is a very strong word. Sure, nobody said "hey, what do you think about Rogan" but her read was in direct response to one of my posts.
    I also wonder, what do you mean by "easiest target"? Please explain.

Your reasons for the vote seem fair enough. What did you learn from the reactions? Or is it still too early to tell?

Noted. For future games, AV is always a safe bet for day 1

And thanks, Xum is definitely easier for me than the full name. I promise, I won't joke that Xum sounds a bit like Scum until your second game

I wasn't the person asked, but since you obviously know AVs school of thought on those matters, I want to believe it's the wolf plot.
    If it was an honest mistake, do you think you could figure out what caused this mistake? After all, you made sure the vote count was copied to page 2 for easier reference, so it seems like you should have been more aware of it.

Can you give a rough estimate for the time till you look again? But don't stress it, work is more important.

Okay, so I'm not a cool kid. I'm not voting for her and I think the case against her is a bitoverblown. I'm not sure she is town and I won't fight hard to save her unless things change. A flip would yield some Intel even if she is town. I'd prefer a flip on Taffi, but this doesn't seem likely to catch on right now. So I'll take Xihirli instead and hope to get two wolves for the price of one.

AV, I'm guessing you don't want to answer, but are you trying to apply pressure or do you agree with the Snow case?

Vote Count
    Snowblaze 5 (Gac3, Taffimai, Batcathat, Flat_Footed, AvatarVecna)
    Xumtiil 1 (Book Wombat)
    Flat_Footed 2 (Elenna, Xihirli)

I'd like to hear something from the off wagon voters, especially Book and Elenna. For Xi, I'm going to assume that when push comes to shove, she will vote Snow, out of self defense.
    Case? It's day 1.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59

ClericGuy

While I agree that it's not a strong case (hell, even calling it a "case" might be an exaggeration), I haven't seen a better one against anyone else. It's D1, so I'm not expecting much, but right now I haven't really seen anything at all.

Could you specify your suspicions against Taff? Is it just the vote against Snow or something more? I'm probably biased in the matter, since if Taff's a wolf I'm probably wrong about Snow, so I could use someone arguing the other way to even me out.
    So, part of my suspicions against Taff is probably a bias. I'm still a bit salty about fallout.
    There had been some really minor things about the first vote on Xi, I already noted them in a previous post or two, in a mostly joking manner. But since her attack on Snow could also be a defense of Xi, there might be some more to it.
    A few points later on are visible as well, like the mistake in Taffis suggestions for pairings that Xum called out. Or Taffis post about an "unprompted read" on me.
    So... all in all, no really strong case for her (and by extension, Xi) either and in the end, it's a bit of personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Case? It's day 1.
    Let's call it minor case? I'm referring to Taffis argument of "Town!Snow would not vote for Xi the way she did"
    Plus, could you snip a big post a bit in the future? Thanks.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

So, part of my suspicions against Taff is probably a bias. I'm still a bit salty about fallout.
    There had been some really minor things about the first vote on Xi, I already noted them in a previous post or two, in a mostly joking manner. But since her attack on Snow could also be a defense of Xi, there might be some more to it.
    A few points later on are visible as well, like the mistake in Taffis suggestions for pairings that Xum called out. Or Taffis post about an "unprompted read" on me.
    So... all in all, no really strong case for her (and by extension, Xi) either and in the end, it's a bit of personal preference.
    I suppose as far as D1 cases go, it's not that much weaker than the one against Snow. I do kind of agree with you on the part about the "unprompted read", ironically for the same reason I voted Snow, which is that Snow tends to analyze things a lot. So Snow reading you is pretty standard towny Snow behavior, while Snow breaking a tie with dice is not.