New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default OOC: D&D 3.5 Sands of Fate: Holding destiny in your hands (Sandbox)

Here is the start of the OOC for all players involved.
    per admin here is the link to the Recruitment thread

here is the IC thread

"NPCs will be speaking in Bold quotations" by the way
    Last edited by Dieuoffire; 2022-05-09 at 09:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: OOC: D&D 3.5 Sands of Fate: Holding destiny in your hands (Sandbox)

Benoojian, playing Quentin Nintigweh who will speak in a "Deep Crimson", reporting in

Edit: Well that was an awkward start. I'm more used to Discord games so I was copy-pasting the roll and didn't quite get all of it. I'll get it next time though.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2022-05-09 at 12:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

As my favorite weapon is going to be this thing breath weapons it's only fair I take Purple
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

withdrawn for lack of ,
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-05-20 at 11:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Iktnek as a fiery individual will speak in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #6

I'll go with green because why not

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

I'm playing Aralis-- for speech, I'll go with... Teal, I suppose.

I think this thread may end up getting moved by the admins; there's a separate forum for the OOC threads.
    Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-05-09 at 10:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sebastian will be speaking in Dark Orange

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I knew I was missing something. I did it on my phone so it doesn't surprise me if a moderator moves this. SORRY MODS!

(please move this.)

10. - Top - End - #10

Planetar

For the Ability Damage DR rule, can it still be bypassed? Like if the poison was put on a cold iron needle or weapon, does that bypass DR/Cold Iron for the Str damage of the poison? Or does a celestial creature's poison bypass DR/Good?

Edit: Am I the only one that assumed that the mayor doesn't want someone to solve the ogre problem because he doesn't want to give up his power? Cause everyone else is assuming the mayor *wants* to meet with them.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2022-05-09 at 08:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    For the Ability Damage DR rule, can it still be bypassed? Like if the poison was put on a cold iron needle or weapon, does that bypass DR/Cold Iron for the Str damage of the poison? Or does a celestial creature's poison bypass DR/Good?

Edit: Am I the only one that assumed that the mayor doesn't want someone to solve the ogre problem because he doesn't want to give up his power? Cause everyone else is assuming the mayor *wants* to meet with them.
    Nope that's why I'm going to the bar to get a read on the mood of the city. When politics are involved its best to air on the side of caution every time.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

I mean-- my character has no such assumptions about him wanting to do anything, but the mayor likely has no real choice in this and if he tries to stonewall, I'm sure we'd all be happy to go to the Queen to discuss it directly. I assume we started in this town for a reason though, so he's as likely a place to start as any. :)

Not to mention, if we are assuming control of regions of this area after ousting the ogres, then we'll want to have an idea of how the Mayor responds so we know whether we need to get rid of him or if he's likely to be loyal.
    Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-05-09 at 11:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

@ Dieuoffire - Are Ogres "bad/evil" creatures or is it a circumstance and society based?

@Dakrsidder - Sorry for the mis timing if thats the case, I thought when I had Sebastian walk up to Iktnet & Haru I had him introduce himself to both. If it read only as talking to Iktnet sorry for the ambiguity.
    Last edited by MCollarsen; 2022-05-10 at 10:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by MCollarsen View Post
    @Dakrsidder - Sorry for the mis timing if thats the case, I thought when I had Sebastian walk up to Iktnet & Haru I had him introduce himself to both. If it read only as talking to Iktnet sorry for the ambiguity.
    I think you might be mistaken. Quentin is the gnome that approached Iktnet. Haru came after Sebastian, so you probably just forgot no worries.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    I think you might be mistaken. Quentin is the gnome that approached Iktnet. Haru came after Sebastian, so you probably just forgot no worries.
    Ack you're right - well in any case I would have Sebastian introduce himself properly to Haru - I'll keep better track in the future.

16. - Top - End - #16

Is it ok if i change my first feat to either ignore special requirements or a metabreath feat? I forgot I could fix my int by other means.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

@Samduke Spot/Listen are merged into 1 skill, as are Hide/Move Silently, but I think you'd see the group of us even on a 1 since we aren't trying to hide and you've got 12 ranks

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Looks like I am going Plum. It does not look too bad.

As for Hide and Move Silent, you should all get a bonus because everyone will be staring at my glowing self.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@Samduke Spot/Listen are merged into 1 skill, as are Hide/Move Silently, but I think you'd see the group of us even on a 1 since we aren't trying to hide and you've got 12 ranks
    right seems i forgot to merge them on my sheet
    i will do that now and re-assign those skill points as that now makes a few unused
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-05-11 at 07:38 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sorry for taking some time to respond I will get to all of this today, but last night I helped a friend move and about half of the help dropped out so it took all night. As soon as I get time tonight, I will respond.

I just hate when DMs drop the ball, so wanted to let you all know. I am paying attention.

Btw I believe I said the mayor was a she.

Ok so update here

Quote Originally Posted by MCollarsen View Post
    @ Dieuoffire - Are Ogres "bad/evil" creatures or is it a circumstance and society based?
    I look at alignment (unless it is like a curse that forces alignment) More like guidelines that describe the character or race. Ogres tend to be brutish and violent. Not all of them are.

Ogres are generally *seen* as being evil because of the actions they *tend* to take. Reading the MM entry, it does not require them to be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Is it ok if i change my first feat
    Yes
    Last edited by Dieuoffire; 2022-05-11 at 01:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@samduke

Sorry misread the prior post, i thought you were saying you notice them, then on second read I noticed you asking if you noticed them. I updated my post to include that you did/do indeed see them

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay if she spots the other "party members" while in the tavern/inn great I can IC some dialog.

It is my suggestion that you GM dialog getting the party together so we can get the show on the road however.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I usually stay out of character 2 character dialogue.

Mostly because I have to make assumptions that sooner or later I get something wrong.

Mostly I NPC something that helps move characters into a group. (Such as a gathering that draws attention.) But group dynamics are all up to PCs.

But if you want a helping hand, you are all easy enough to spot. Higher level characters stand out easily usually gear itself is enough to judge a level of danger or importance.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I believe I gave enough time for anyone to do anything else before moving to the inn.

I hate cutting people off but it's time to move on.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

for my fellow players, not to seem rude but you seem to be ignoring things tina has said, and or myself, I will be dropping out , you obviously do not need me

26. - Top - End - #26

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    for my fellow players, not to seem rude but you seem to be ignoring things tina has said, and or myself, I will be dropping out , you obviously do not need me
    I started a conversation with Tina which you ignored entirely. A slightly rude conversation maybe, but you neither reacted nor responded so after several days I started talking to someone else.

Edit: I specifically gave you an opening to talk about your character and backstory.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2022-05-21 at 07:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The last comment was a, for lack of a better term, 'healer roll call' to which most people haven't responded to anyone.

I would give it a little bit of a chance before dropping out but nobody will stop you.

Also I have not commented since you PCs entered the room because no NPCs are there and nobody has taken actions that need to be addressed by the DM. Just wanted to say I am reading and waiting for you guys to take action after finalizing your plan that is.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The last comment was a, for lack of a better term, 'healer roll call' to which most people haven't responded to anyone.

I would give it a little bit of a chance before dropping out but nobody will stop you.

Also I have not commented much since you PCs entered the room because no NPCs are there and nobody has taken actions that need to be addressed by the DM. Just wanted to say I am reading and waiting for you guys to take action after finalizing your plan that is.

29. - Top - End - #29

From my understanding it was just a healer roll call on who can and can't heal. At least that's what I meant it to be as I was the one to bring it up. Now granted we could have gone into more detail but they said they could heal so I considered the conversation about that done with. After that we moved on to scouting ability no slight was meant to have occurred at least from my end.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm... so, I'm a little tempted to change my name. We basically have three characters right now with names starting with "A", that could end up being a little confusing over time. Aralis and Aerilyss even sound almost the same. I didn't notice that during the character selection.
    Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-05-21 at 02:57 PM.