New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

I'm sort of connected to Xumtiil at this point, only because he's my only real source of sole confirmation, and hopefully with it town cred. I don't feel like a better play exists on that front, so I'm playing it. *shrugs*

Regarding Snowblaze, I don't really trust her tbh. That said, I'm strongly reconsidering if that's a reasonable stance- except in the sense that no one has any hard reason to trust anyone at all. again, *shrugs*

I'm not super interested in hashing out the "if I was a Denarian," because I'm not. that said, 5c (town?) - 1k (neutral?) -2D (denarian?) Not a great place for them, but considering the knowledge that the actual result will be 4-1-3, and I think Xum is neutral and have mixed feelings on Snow, I wouldn't call that a good place for town.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Zelphas looks better than Togo insofar as he invoked the Real Life Interference Clause which, as far as I can tell, is sacrosanct in that people don't lie about it.
    That's noteworthy, and important. I didn't realize such a play was considered reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Refresh my memory, if you will.
    Gladly. See here. This isn't precisely a reversal of my previous stance. I still don't trust anyone fully. BW and Xum are the closest I get to that right now, and they're probably in the ~80% confidence range. I am, however, acknowledging that this may have been a choice play by a mostly passive Denarian.

Finally, regarding, Xum, I haven't felt he was super chummy with me, though I'm undeniably trying to ingratiate myself. XD He's still got an active vote on me, after several hours of discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    and seers are beneficial to keep around.

Given that from my skimming, Metastachydium and Farmerbink --((voted, but removed coding for simplicity of counting later))-- seem to be convinced that one or the other is likely wolf, I'm going to (perhaps foolishly) trust in my Night 2 protection and stick my vote on the other one. Worst comes to worst, I should be able to snatch a few moments before End of Day to swap the vote if I missed something major.
    oof. At least it'll be votes. My only comment is that my seer claim has been clearly corroborated by one, and secondarily by another (Xum and Snowblaze, for their own reasons, I guess). I hope I manage to convince you that I'm a bad vote by then, but I guess we'll see. I'm actually less and less convinced all they time about really anything, including Meta and Xihi being Denarians, but that's perhaps neither here nor there.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Farmerbink: Xumtiil, Zelphas, Metastachydium
    Togo: Xihirli, Book Wombat
    Snowblaze: gac3
    Metastachydium: Snowblaze, Farmerbink
    Not voting: Togo

Nine alive... that's correct numbers, right?

So Farmerbink is dying unless something changes. And Wombat still has his shot for today.

Not overly keen on killing Togo, since if they flip town we get precisely nowhere and I don't think there's a particularly good case on them.

Gut likes Farmerbink's recent paranoia, since despite the above I do have a "what if this is a nightmare world of Zelphas/Togo/Xihirli and town is just tearing itself apart?" thought floating around my head.

Unpairings:
    Metastachydium/Xumtiil
    Metastachydium/Farmerbink
    Xumtiil/gac3

otoh. Will reread thread to search for more.

- - - Updated - - -

Also on "Zelphas is town because he invoked the RL Interference Clause" - while I'm pretty sure no-one here would be actively lying about RL circumstances, he could be both telling the truth and a wolf.

Though having said that the main point against him is "flying under the radar" which that validly explains so I'm still not interested in killing him today.

- - - Updated - - -

Wombat, I'd recommend shooting sooner rather than later so we have time to react to the flip and change votes as appropriate.

Currently agree with Xumtiil that Meta should be resolved, but that may change during rereading.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't particularly feel powerfully against farmerbrink but I actively don't want to kill Meta. Then I also agree with Snow that killing Togo gets us nowhere. It might not be a bad shot for book. So I guess I'm just leaving my vote since right now it wouldn't change anything.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay. Just going to try and get some thoughts down.

I still think gac3 is town. Or at least, I think there are good arguments to suggest that and not that much of a case against them. Their lack of activity today is giving me a little pause but that's probably just paranoia.

This is probably controversial and/or more fuel for Meta's theory, but I don't think Farmerbink is a wolf? I know he knows enough details about my role that it's probably not a fakeclaim and I think a lot of his recent posting makes a lot of sense from the perspective of "new and confused town".

Togo is *shrug* I'd like to see more but I don't think they've done anything actively wolfy so they can live for now.

Zelphas is also Fine(TM); there are worlds where he's a wolf but given RL issues and the fact I vaguely recall liking his reads list I don't think there are good reasons to kill him.

Xihirli... I don't really like poking inactives while simultaneously not actually contributing that much. I probably need to skim through her ISO, see where that gets me.

Which leaves: Xumtiil. Meta. (And Wombat, but he's not a Denarian.)

And... I think there's a decent chance there's a wolf in those two? They're obviously not partners, at least. So one in there and 1-2 in the Quiet Ones feels decent. And then I just need to work out which ones those wolves are.

Simple, right?

...right?

(Also I'm doing RL stuff this weekend so starting later today my activity may be lower and/or less predictable, and I will definitely be missing EOD.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I don't particularly feel powerfully against farmerbrink but I actively don't want to kill Meta. Then I also agree with Snow that killing Togo gets us nowhere. It might not be a bad shot for book. So I guess I'm just leaving my vote since right now it wouldn't change anything.
    My main hesitation about having Wombat shoot Togo is that the latter hasn't claimed, so if they flip town before claiming then we have a hole in our picture of night actions, especially if they're a powerful role.

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Okay. Just going to try and get some thoughts down.

I still think gac3 is town. Or at least, I think there are good arguments to suggest that and not that much of a case against them. Their lack of activity today is giving me a little pause but that's probably just paranoia.

This is probably controversial and/or more fuel for Meta's theory, but I don't think Farmerbink is a wolf? I know he knows enough details about my role that it's probably not a fakeclaim and I think a lot of his recent posting makes a lot of sense from the perspective of "new and confused town".

Togo is *shrug* I'd like to see more but I don't think they've done anything actively wolfy so they can live for now.

Zelphas is also Fine(TM); there are worlds where he's a wolf but given RL issues and the fact I vaguely recall liking his reads list I don't think there are good reasons to kill him.

Xihirli... I don't really like poking inactives while simultaneously not actually contributing that much. I probably need to skim through her ISO, see where that gets me.

Which leaves: Xumtiil. Meta. (And Wombat, but he's not a Denarian.)

And... I think there's a decent chance there's a wolf in those two? They're obviously not partners, at least. So one in there and 1-2 in the Quiet Ones feels decent. And then I just need to work out which ones those wolves are.

Simple, right?

...right?

(Also I'm doing RL stuff this weekend so starting later today my activity may be lower and/or less predictable, and I will definitely be missing EOD.)

- - - Updated - - -

My main hesitation about having Wombat shoot Togo is that the latter hasn't claimed, so if they flip town before claiming then we have a hole in our picture of night actions, especially if they're a powerful role.
    Sorry about lack of activity. I've been on vacation with my wife, which has been great. Now though I need to flip my schedule back to night shift and it's led to me sleeping or being exhausted. Right now I'm struggling to stay awake for a few more hours. So I'm around.

Thats fair about Togo.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Sorry about lack of activity. I've been on vacation with my wife, which has been great. Now though I need to flip my schedule back to night shift and it's led to me sleeping or being exhausted. Right now I'm struggling to stay awake for a few more hours. So I'm around.

Thats fair about Togo.
    Not a problem.

Who are the wolves?

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh, lets see.
    Book is pretty much mech cleared right?
    Meta I've liked for town for a while though I might be wildly off.
    Zelphas, Togo and Xi I feel like there isn't much from either way and could be anything? Though I stand by the statement that if Xi doesn't offer to off themseleves, they are usually a wolf. Despite that they were an alternate so that's probably less applicable.
    Farmerbrink might be a wolf? My big hesitation there is that nobody at all seems to be defending them?
    That leaves Xum and Snow as my biggest potential suspects that I should probably look over more thoroughly.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Wombat is mechanically not a Denarian, but could still be neutral.

Also I did kind of defend Farmerbink in my wallpost.

Also also I wish you luck trying to get reads on the two highest posters. My own Xumtiil read is a confused mess rn so I should probably also work on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Xumtiil is the new Rogan in that I'm staring at his posts and trying to determine his alignment and completely failing.

Eh, until and unless Meta flips town he can live.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll go with the popular opinion and blast Farmerbink.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly...

Reacting to something that has yet to happen, the robed man lashes out with a final spell. Moments later he falls the the ground himself.

Farmerbink has died, they were Rashid the Gatekeeper.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Rashid the Gatekeeper, a mysterious member of the Senior Council with even more mysterious powers of precognition.
    • The Sight: Once per night, you can gaze upon another player and learn who they are and what they can do. However, the Fallen have learned to hide their presence from you, so you will not learn whether or not your target is possessed by one.
    • The last thing I ever do: If you are killed, your powers of precognition allows you to hit the person responsible (or one of the people responsible, chosen at random) with your Death Curse, rendering them unable to actively use a power for the rest of the game.

No Denarius was found on the body.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-07-15 at 09:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Barbarian in the Playground

Voting for Metastachydium then.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Wombat could also resolve a slot, which mechanically should be Meta as he won't lose his powers regardless of whether or not that's a Denarian hit. I believe Meta's powers will only work to have someone else take the fall at night.

- - - Updated - - -

he won't lose = Wombat won't lose, for clarity
    :(

Metastachydium
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2022-07-15 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Bold!
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp, RIP Farmerbink and sorry for not trying harder to save you.

That means Wombat loses active powers, which in turn means I could have been wrong about his being SK. Apologies if so, Wombat.

Anyway, who was voting Farmerbink? Xumtiil, Zelphas and Meta according to my last vote count.

So that leaves us with:
    Metastachydium: Snowblaze
    Togo: Xihirli, Book Wombat
    Voting a corpse: Xumtiil, Zelphas, Metastachydium

Would appreciate more votes on Meta, if only because I'm not a fan of either alternative rn.

Wait, never mind, we have more Meta votes already:

Metastachydium: Snowblaze, Book Wombat, Xumtiil
    Togo: Xihirli
    Voting a corpse: Zelphas, Metastachydium

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #374
    Firbolg in the Playground

The ghost of a triumphant smile fades fast from the old woman's sharp face. That is not possible. She was wrong and she has drawn the ire of friend and foe alike. Unable to rise from her seat, she looks around one last time. I understand your grief. her voice remained firm, a surprise even to her. But I warn you now: do not abandon reason for madness. Out of fear, you shall but feed the darkness. Mentes imbecillium perfacile victae! Vae eis qui stultissimi metuentesque Hosti se augent. Heed not my words at your own peril. I will now join the last man I have faith in: tentetur Snowblaze. Sinking back, tired she exhales sharply. I have nothing else left to say, in my defense or against the Enemy. May the Council stand when the sun sets! May the Council stand when it rises again, foolish as hope may seem in these hours!

I am with the Council. I have no coin on me. Lynch me, and the game is lost. I warned you.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-07-15 at 09:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 3 has ended

Please hold for the resolution.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Is there a reason for day ending an hour early?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, was noted in the SOD post, I missed that.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of respect for so very many years of service and some fairly badass final words, the accused is swiftly executed.

Metastachydium has died, they were Ancient Mai.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Ancient Mai, a member of the Senior Council, old even by wizard standards and surprisingly snarky.

Once per night...
    • The Sight: ...you can gaze upon another player and learn who they are and what they can do. However, the Fallen have learned to hide their presence from you, so you will not learn whether or not your target is possessed by one.
      ...or...
    • Take my umbrella, too: ...you may order another character to act as your bodyguard for the night. If you were to die, your bodyguard dies instead. (For gameplay reasons, the player you target won't actually know they're being ordered or by who).

No Denarius was found on the body.

Night 3 has started

It will end 6 pm (European Central Time) on Saturday

(That is a little less than 25 hours as of this post, meaning we're back to the regular time)

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a reason for day ending an hour early?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, was noted in the SOD post, I missed that.
    Indeed it was, I hope that didn't cause problems for anyone. We're now back to our regular time (meaning the night will be 25 hours).

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of time... in my experience the days can get pretty slow when the players get fewer, so it might be time to lower the days to 24 hours. If any of you still alive have a preference between all following days being 24 or 48 hours, please let me know (preferably by PM or XO).

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So... yeah, I was in the middle of replying to Meta when day ended. My response was, briefly:
    - yes, it's LyLo
    - I'm not particularly confident you're a wolf but I have a lack of better options
    - if you're town, sorry for not finding and killing wolves

Definitely sorry. At least the fact the game isn't over means there's a theoretical route to town victory. I hope.

(That route isn't shooting me. I'm town. Any vigs out there, please don't shoot me.)

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

... Well, crap. I thought I had time to make it here before EoD, but we ended early.

I'm beginning to be concerned about Snowblaze; I don't know who else to read on at this point.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    ... Well, crap. I thought I had time to make it here before EoD, but we ended early.

I'm beginning to be concerned about Snowblaze; I don't know who else to read on at this point.
    I doubt it'll matter but doing it anyway. Why am I a concern? And if you want to look into stuff and analyse, I'd appreciate your thoughts on Xumtiil.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I doubt it'll matter but doing it anyway. Why am I a concern? And if you want to look into stuff and analyse, I'd appreciate your thoughts on Xumtiil.
    You have clearly the most amount of posts in the thread, meaning that you were the driving force behind most discussion and an influencer of the majority of votes. So far only one scum has died, and they were dayvigged; town has yet to kill a single enemy. Farmerbink and Metastachydium both flipping town means that their back-and-forth feels like a misdirect that was allowed to happen, rather than anything that has much merit. I tend to lean town on anyone who gives me lots of information, so I was biased to think you town, but with how things have gone I'm doubting that concept.

As for Xumtiil... I will need to reread their posts. I'll try to get an idea of them before this night ends.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I think the reason we have a night still is because there are still people who could block the night kill, in which case there is still a path to town victory, even assuming 3 Denarians left.

Considering Bladescape died with fake coins, we might have fewer Denarians than expected, because there may have been an expectation from BCH that fake Denarian flips may have caused issues finding the actual Denarians. Unfortunately, it turns out that no further Denarian flips was even worse, possibly.

I'm eyeing Snow, Xihirli and Togo right now. Snow could very well have masterminded this entire thing, Xihirli took over from Valmark so it's not like they were really absent at game start, unlike Togo who pretty much admitted to laying low in the hopes of not drawing attention until the autolynch-hammer got mentioned.

I know I'm town - in fact, I got hired explicitly for extra security and I'm making a right mess of it. But I understand if I'm not exactly going to be the prime candidate for baning right now - Book is the one person we're almost certain isn't a Denarian, and he's definitely without any powers right now, so we should play WIFOM with the Denarians and see if they're going to try to shoot the only guaranteed non-Denarian with a likely bane, or if they're going to try to hit someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I might be mistaken - I thought Snow had a bane considering she had 2 nights of immunity, but those were by other people. Do we have banes left?
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Half asleep but...

Zelphas has a bane, and gac has a roleblock, and if there exists another copy of Meta's role that role could potentially redirect the kill onto a Denarian, and if there's a(nother)vig shot said shot could kill a Denarian. That's all I can think of that could save us, so I guess good luck playing WIFOM with the wolves.

And... yeah, I guess part of this situation is my fault. But also that doesn't make me a wolf, it just means that I'm having a bad game, or that wolves are playing extremely well. Or that wolves are just all low-posting and watching town tear itself apart.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Half asleep but...

Zelphas has a bane, and gac has a roleblock, and if there exists another copy of Meta's role that role could potentially redirect the kill onto a Denarian, and if there's a(nother)vig shot said shot could kill a Denarian. That's all I can think of that could save us, so I guess good luck playing WIFOM with the wolves.

And... yeah, I guess part of this situation is my fault. But also that doesn't make me a wolf, it just means that I'm having a bad game, or that wolves are playing extremely well. Or that wolves are just all low-posting and watching town tear itself apart.
    For obvious reasons I'm not revealing my target, however I am using the role block for the first time. So wish me luck.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

BatCatHat, the night kill is performed by an assigned Denarian, yes?

If so, if there is no kill we can lynch whomever gac blocked, because I have no other ideas at this point. It may still be wrong if they hit a bane, but it's the best I can think of right now.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

If so, if there is no kill we can lynch whomever gac blocked, because I have no other ideas at this point. It may still be wrong if they hit a bane, but it's the best I can think of right now.
    That was my logic. I've been following up until now because I didn't want to block a town power and I figured if my target targeted the dead person, it was good enough evidence. Now though I'm more willing to risk blocking a town person.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Who did you follow night one?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Who did you follow night one?
    Jeen. We had a discussion about that I believe.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Correct, the night kill is a power use like any other.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Correct, the night kill is a power use like any other.
    If the Denarians use the night kill on Snowblaze, does that mean that Denarian can no longer use the kill, or does the night kill power disappear from all Denarians? Or does vengeful not affect the Denarian powers?

Assuming Snow is honest about her vengeful ability, which I assume she is.