New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Suddenly I have a Persolus wagon and now I'm wondering if I'm right.
    I'm not convinced hes scum but I think we get useful results even if hes town.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Seconding this. gac is clear because he saw The Thing before anyone had called out there was a Thing to see; Rogan is clear because he explained The Thing, in particular the importance of the edit. And Rogan is the first vote on Persolus today (or at least, the first one not struck out? Possibly the first period, I don't really remember all the crossed-out votes).
    I thought you weren't clearing Rogan based on that?

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I thought you weren't clearing Rogan based on that?
    If you're taking my salty words in the immediate aftermath as gospel and ignoring everything I've said about Rogan in the week since, sure.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly I have a Persolus wagon and now I'm wondering if I'm right.
    Don’t wonder, my telepathically bonded friend. If we’re both thinking the same thing, it must be the right course of action!
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, nice, stuff happened!

Ti, me saying "I think your voting for Cazero is suspicious" isn't related to Cazero in particular. What I meant was "you presented a controversial reason to wolfread someone, but then instead of committing to it by voting them you voted for someone else with an existing wagon, with substantially less reasoning" meaning that you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

Though I'll admit writing that out now there's a good chance it's a difference in philosophy - I think you should be voting for your top wolfread >90% of the time but disagreeing with that isn't wolfy in isolation. Should go reread your original response to that.

Persolus 4: Rogan, bladescape, AvatarVecna, 3SecondCultist
    Lady Serpentine 2: hollowkatt, Mrs McGinty
    Mrs McGinty 2: Snowblaze, Cazero
    Cazero 2: Lady Serpentine, gac3

Not voting: Persolus

Persolus, would appreciate a vote with reasons sooner rather than later.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #576
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Here it was, the evolving read on "why was visor killed". There's a difference between speculating on what could've been the reason and making definitive statements you feel solid on. This feels like the latter, but it's two different reasons. We start out with "wolves saw visor catching onto snow and killed him out of fear" - a theory that drops away once snow gets on board with it, at which point visor was killed because "wolves know they can't get a chop there" even though most people weren't townreading Visor D2 and those who were weren't townreading him very strongly, and after the Murska chop it became basically guaranteed that there was at least one busser and likely there were multiple bussers on the Xum wagon D1 (a fact that makes the Snow/Visor play D2 reflect badly on Visor).

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting~
    are you going to talk about why my visor posts are bad or are you going to continue throwing "hk is maybe a wolf" into all of your posts without actually talking about why HK is a wolf? cause you've been throwing down a lot of shade the last two days and then suspiciously doing absolutely nothing about it.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    are you going to talk about why my visor posts are bad or are you going to continue throwing "hk is maybe a wolf" into all of your posts without actually talking about why HK is a wolf? cause you've been throwing down a lot of shade the last two days and then suspiciously doing absolutely nothing about it.
    Coming from the person who posted a POSSIBLE WOLF LIST and an earlier ISO on me with pretty much zero deductions or reasoning, this line is absolutely hilarious.

Still haven't responded to my message above, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounded less combative in my head. Sorry. All the same, I would appreciate some elaborations on your top wolfreads. Just quoting a bunch of posts and saying 'any questions' might look like muddying the waters instead of a genuine townie attempt to solve.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

No post in isolation is bad but the opinion change feels weird to me. But I'm not gonna trumpet that I've caught a wolf cuz your ISO has a lot of stuff I like in it, so I'm gonna collect opinions from other people. Are you seriously scumreading me on nothing but OMGUS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Coming from the person who posted a POSSIBLE WOLF LIST and an earlier ISO on me with pretty much zero deductions or reasoning, this line is absolutely hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounded less combative in my head. Sorry. All the same, I would appreciate some elaborations on your top wolfreads. Just quoting a bunch of posts and saying 'any questions' might look like muddying the waters instead of a genuine townie attempt to solve.
    McGinty is the one who did the bare ISO with zero explanation I believe.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

No post in isolation is bad but the opinion change feels weird to me. But I'm not gonna trumpet that I've caught a wolf cuz your ISO has a lot of stuff I like in it, so I'm gonna collect opinions from other people. Are you seriously scumreading me on nothing but OMGUS?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes is that a problem?
    Because the way I see it you've been putting in a lot of work the entire game trying to ensure I'm POEd. It's not working because enough other people don't agree with you, but literally every time you're doing a big write up on how you perceive the thread when you mention me it's in conjunction with busing, or being a potential wolf, and frankly I have to assume at this point it's alignment indicative more than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

what message?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Yes is that a problem?
    Because the way I see it you've been putting in a lot of work the entire game trying to ensure I'm POEd. It's not working because enough other people don't agree with you, but literally every time you're doing a big write up on how you perceive the thread when you mention me it's in conjunction with busing, or being a potential wolf, and frankly I have to assume at this point it's alignment indicative more than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

what message?
    Far be it from me to dare question the confirmed town HK. If you'll excuse me, my eyes have rolled so far around they fell out.

Get over yourself dude. Blade clearing you doesn't make you locktown.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so she was. My bad on that one.

But HK did do the WOLF LIST and quoted a bunch of people in it without really saying anything other than 'these are bad posts'. I still want to hear more about that, so I'm going to hold them to it.

what message?
    This one.

Oh, and HK: I saw you quoted a big post of mine and put me on a wolf list with some folks, calling it ‘actively bad’. Genuinely curious what you thought was so wrong with it? I admitted at the beginning to tinfoiling hard there after all.
    Your quoting of 4 players and saying 'these are really bad posts' without really backing that up is curious. What was so bad about each of them? Are you willing to actively make a case against any of these 4 players?

Put another way: which of the players on that list are your top wolfreads, and why?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Like for real you're using the fact that I've got a consistent reason to be nervous about you as evidence that I'm faking it?? Don't you think scum!AV would have stopped pushing for this Lynch if I saw nobody was on board?

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #583
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Good morning!

Sorry, my life got busy at the worst possible time for me this game, and I promise, I was intending to give a wolf read list last time I was awake.

Anyways, here's why you shouldn't kill me (clever callback, btw, Rogan ):
    I am town!
    If I were a wolf, then why on earth would the scum team not have explained to me the problem with (as Bladescape so kindly phrases it) "obviously scummy" posts? I wish I had a role I could claim that would help clear me, but vanilla is my favourite ice cream, so... Plus, i've asked a lot of questions that would have been far better asked to the Scumteam, as they make me look like a big friggin' wolf.

Counterargument: I could be the designated sacrifice for the wolf team. In that case, I'd be the worst wolf to kill, because the other wolves would have then spent the entire game distancing themselves from me.

Even if I were just a suboptimal wolf: as you've all mentioned, I haven't posted a wolf read list. My town reads so far have been mostly simplistic. Therefore, I am not as great a flip as AV thinks I am.

Need to make breakfast, will be back with my wolf reads.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Far be it from me to dare question the confirmed town HK. If you'll excuse me, my eyes have rolled so far around they fell out.

Get over yourself dude. Blade clearing you doesn't make you locktown.
    You're absolutely right that Blade clearing me doesn't make me lock town. What makes me lock town is killing a wolf early, the rest of my play, and protecting blade last night. My only regret is swapping from Visor to Blade at the last minute.

I also protected myself N1 not realizing till it was too late that the whole "The Thing" and the reactions to it hard spewed BW town.

anyways, Hi, I'm the Doctor. Basically, run

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

EOD is in just over half an hour, right? Around until then, will be leaving my vote where it is unless circumstances change.

I think hollowkatt is town but I also think townreading someone shouldn't mean they're above scrutinizing and that tinfoil worlds and points of concern should be brought up where they exist. Will double check AV's posts on hollowkatt to see if I think it's agenda-y but rn I don't think so.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #586
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Ah, so she was. My bad on that one.

But HK did do the WOLF LIST and quoted a bunch of people in it without really saying anything other than 'these are bad posts'. I still want to hear more about that, so I'm going to hold them to it.

This one.

Your quoting of 4 players and saying 'these are really bad posts' without really backing that up is curious. What was so bad about each of them? Are you willing to actively make a case against any of these 4 players?

Put another way: which of the players on that list are your top wolfreads, and why?
    I don't really work with the idea of "top wolf read". I build a POE I'm confident in and then push the POE. If I can get a wagon on anyone in my POE I'll push that wagon to completion and re-evaluate from there regardless of the outcome.

Like for example you're in my POE. If we chop you and you're a wolf I'll re-evaluate my positions to see if the rest of my POE can match up with you, or if I need to look elsewhere. If you're town I look for who defended you, who pushed you, and whether or not I think that the pushes, including mine, were based on good in thread information or not.

I can write up a case on each person in my POE if you really want me to but I'm not very interested in doing it. I more like to throw things at the wall and see what sticks. So far what's sticking is some pushback from AV, you've been curious about how I arrived there. Lady has flat out ignored that I'm voting for them and calling them a wolf which I think is very interesting. Not sure what to make of that as of yet.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

You're absolutely right that Blade clearing me doesn't make me lock town. What makes me lock town is killing a wolf early, the rest of my play, and protecting blade last night. My only regret is swapping from Visor to Blade at the last minute.

I also protected myself N1 not realizing till it was too late that the whole "The Thing" and the reactions to it hard spewed BW town.

Any reason you claimed right now?
    Neither you, nor your bane target was in any danger, so this claim doesn't feel helpful.

But... Probably don't answer this question, unless it's relevant right now.
    @Everybody else: No claims that close to EoD please, unless you are danger or really need to save someone.

Let's try something: Serpentine
    Last edited by Rogan; 2022-11-03 at 10:56 AM. Reason: b to s
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of getting over yourself, you're a doctor. Unjustified quote.

(And that's assuming EoD claims are dependable, of course.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Good morning!

Sorry, my life got busy at the worst possible time for me this game, and I promise, I was intending to give a wolf read list last time I was awake.

Anyways, here's why you shouldn't kill me (clever callback, btw, Rogan ):
    I am town!
    If I were a wolf, then why on earth would the scum team not have explained to me the problem with (as Bladescape so kindly phrases it) "obviously scummy" posts? I wish I had a role I could claim that would help clear me, but vanilla is my favourite ice cream, so... Plus, i've asked a lot of questions that would have been far better asked to the Scumteam, as they make me look like a big friggin' wolf.

Counterargument: I could be the designated sacrifice for the wolf team. In that case, I'd be the worst wolf to kill, because the other wolves would have then spent the entire game distancing themselves from me.

Even if I were just a suboptimal wolf: as you've all mentioned, I haven't posted a wolf read list. My town reads so far have been mostly simplistic. Therefore, I am not as great a flip as AV thinks I am.

Need to make breakfast, will be back with my wolf reads.
    Information based on your reads is almost irrelevant. The bigger issue is that if our unpairings are accurate, there's only a few possible wolfteams that don't include you.

- - - Updated - - -

Any reason you claimed right now?
    Neither you, nor your bane target was in any danger, so this claim doesn't feel helpful.

But... Probably don't answer this question, unless it's relevant right now.
    @Everybody else: No claims that close to EoD please, unless you are danger or really need to save someone.

Let's try something: Serpentine
    Idk I kinda feel like claiming...

- - - Updated - - -

He got a little bit of pushback and is acting like it was a wagon lmao

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #589

ClericGuy

Persolus 3: bladescape, AvatarVecna, 3SecondCultist
    Cazero 3: Lady Serpentine, gac3, Rogan

If Snows vote count is reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk I kinda feel like claiming...

- - - Updated - - -

He got a little bit of pushback and is acting like it was a wagon lmao
    You are old enough to know what you want. And if it's relevant.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

20. - Top - End - #590

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright, wolf list:

Bladescape
    • Really insistent on getting me called out as wolf, even over the self-proclaimed best lynch target of cazero.
    • As has been stated, there is the possibility of a smart wolf-team pulling off a mega bus on Xumtiil. Bladescape has been extremely confident with his town reads, which means either the towniest of townies or the wolfiest of wolves.

Serpentine
    • Either the SK or part of above-mentioned wolf-team.
    • If Flat_Footed was part of the wolf team, then since he stopped posting at N1, we'd have 2.5 phases of confirmed inactivity (i.e. not being active in the wolf chat). This is a solid enough chunk of time for Taffi to a) figure out that a replacement was needed and b) find one.

Since we'd either be getting an SK or a wolf with this one, Serpentine.

[and yes, I am aware that I'm justifying getting on a wagon. Even if it is a wolfy thing to do, I don't feel right not doing it]

21. - Top - End - #591

ClericGuy

Just kidding.
    Persolus is my top choice, I wanted to create the appearance of another valid option.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Just kidding.
    Persolus is my top choice, I wanted to create the appearance of another valid option.
    we do a little trolling

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Just kidding.
    Amazing. I do not normally laugh at your posts, but I certainly am now.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks Rogan, I just spent quite a while agonising over whether to break the tie and if so who to vote only for it to be made irrelevant.

Though if I voted Ti we'd still have a tie... gut dislikes Persolus's last post so not switching.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #595
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

End of Day 3

Spoiler: Final Votecount
    Show

Cazero 1: Gac
    Persolus 5: Bladescape, AV, Serpentine, Cultist, Rogan
    Mrs. McGinty 2: Snowblaze, Cazero
    Serpentine 3: Hollowkatt, McGinty, Persolus

"You! You're one of the ones who pushed up the lollipop!" someone shouted.

The jawbreaker looked around to see who they were talking about, then realised that it was them.

"No you're wrong, I haven't a clue what you're talking about," they said, but it didn't matter.

"Yes you did, I saw you!" cried someone else, and with that, the jawbreaker's fate was sealed.

"I will have you know that I am not suitable for children under the age of three!" they shouted while they were being heaved upwards.

"This girl could choke on me! It's not safe! Help! Infanticide!"

Loulou looked at the shiny white ball in her hand. It didn't look like candy. In fact, it looked like a bouncy ball! Bouncy balls were fun! Sadly, when she threw this one against grandma's cabinet with all her might, it did not bounce around the room like she expected, but merely crashed through one of the glass panes and settled between a cute little shepherd girl and a young boy playing the flute. Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus
    You are: the Serial Killer, neutral
    You win when you are the last one standing.
    You are immune to night kills. At night, choose one player who will die at SoD (unless other powers intervene).

Day 4 starts in 24 hours, please don't forget your night actions.
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2022-11-03 at 11:18 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

26. - Top - End - #596

SwashbucklerGuy

That was amazing, Rogan. I love that.

[also to be clear, I do mean that genuinely.]

Now, please remember this:

Hunting SK over wolves is an easy play for wolves to make because it allows them to actually do solving work and not have to pretend. Because they ARE hunting SK.
    THIS WAS POSTED BEFORE EoD!! APOLOGIES!!
    Last edited by Persolus; 2022-11-03 at 11:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597

ClericGuy

we do a little trolling
    To be fair, I probably should have picked another 2 vote wagon, to spice things up some more. My mistake.
    In this case, we could have seen if Persolus goes for self preservation or after Serpentine.

But this would have been more relevant for a wolf flip than a SK flip.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

O...kay then. That does explain his SK-hunting post, TMI that one existed.

...actually implications of this are weird. Need to check stuff.

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #599

ClericGuy

Persolus 3: bladescape, AvatarVecna, 3SecondCultist
    Cazero 3: Lady Serpentine, gac3, Rogan

If Snows vote count is reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    End of Day 3

Cazero 1: Gac
    Persolus 5: Bladescape, AV, Serpentine, Cultist, Rogan
    Mrs. McGinty 2: Snowblaze, Cazero
    Serpentine 3: Hollowkatt, McGinty, Persolus

So, obviously I made a mistake in my own vote count. Totaly messed up and written down my own vote on the wrong person. But there are still differences. Who made a mistake and when?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Good to catch an SK but not as great as if he'd flipped wolf.

My Homebrew