New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Candy-Coated Werewolf

I am slightly confused by our masons voting for two different people.

Also slightly confused by the assertion that someone is too wolfy to be a wolf.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

hk and blade have both felt townie throughout

though you've got to have respect for their calibre

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    that's the sweet spot

- - - Updated - - -

if av/3sc are scum, and planned that whole bit from the start...

- - - Updated - - -

frankly, i'd be honoured to lose to that

- - - Updated - - -

don't get me wrong

i've seen it done

- - - Updated - - -

but that's some hall of fame shizzle right there

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

I am slightly confused by our masons voting for two different people.
    Well we don't necessarily agree on everything. And even if we did, there's value in not presenting too unified of a front.

Wolves are basically constantly second-guessing themselves. Townies will do this too sometimes, sure, but wolves are always asking themselves "will this look too wolfy?" before they post. And there comes a point where somebody's actions during the game are just too blatantly in favor of scumteam, that a member of scumteam would never dare actually do that. You reach F3 with one quiet dude, and one loud dude who has made defending every single wolf so far his "hill to die on", and you just gotta ask yourself...what wolf does this? When do wolves behave this blatantly? They don't. That guy is a townie who's made a lot of bad calls.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

why is it the only times i'm here, nobody else is?

- - - Updated - - -

quiz me mofos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Wolves are basically constantly second-guessing themselves. Townies will do this too sometimes, sure, but wolves are always asking themselves "will this look too wolfy?" before they post. And there comes a point where somebody's actions during the game are just too blatantly in favor of scumteam, that a member of scumteam would never dare actually do that. You reach F3 with one quiet dude, and one loud dude who has made defending every single wolf so far his "hill to die on", and you just gotta ask yourself...what wolf does this? When do wolves behave this blatantly? They don't. That guy is a townie who's made a lot of bad calls.
    aye

10charkeeponrunning

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    why is it the only times i'm here, nobody else is?

- - - Updated - - -

quiz me mofos

- - - Updated - - -

aye

10charkeeponrunning
    I should honestly probably be getting dinner ready but I'm not the most responsible person on the planet. I imagine people are dealing with life a lil bit.

In any case, I'm not sure I agree that Cazero is TWTBW but I can see that point of view.

HK, blade, and you seem to be of the opinion there's two wolves left. Suppose that's incorrect and there's three. Is it Cazero as the third?

Switch tracks. HK/blade are scumteam, but it's not just them. Who's their third partner?

Switch tracks. AV/3SC are scumteam, but it's not just them. Who's their third partner?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #696
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

HK, blade, and you seem to be of the opinion there's two wolves left. Suppose that's incorrect and there's three. Is it Cazero as the third?
    my gut says no

Switch tracks. HK/blade are scumteam, but it's not just them. Who's their third partner?

Switch tracks. AV/3SC are scumteam, but it's not just them. Who's their third partner?

lol

i think that's beyond my ken right now

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Are you referring to my earlier bit?

What I meant was that Caz is so obviously a wolf at this point that actually lynching them today doesn't give us too much new information. We all know they're scum now, and more importantly, scumteam knows that we all know. A wagon on them with bussing scumbuddies is pretty much inevitable, which leads me to think that it might be better to put some pressure votes elsewhere to see how folks react (since that is new information). We're also asking all of the POE players questions to get their reads, to better inform our own. With the game close to being solved, it's down to a few combinations of pairings.

Of course, that's all assuming that blade isn't scum, etc. But if he is, then honestly GG.

I hope that makes some sense. Probably shouldn't have even mentioned it, I suppose.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #698
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Of course, that's all assuming that blade isn't scum, etc. But if he is, then honestly GG.
    I mean.

I haven't done anything I can't do as wolf yet.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I mean.

True, true.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

I mean.

what can't you do as wolf?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Balance ten angels on the head of a pin. That's solidly a town!Blade capability.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #702

32 vertical leaps in a row.

The fur weighs me down.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #703
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

av/blade scumteam confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

and there is the paranoia lol

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Internet is being spotty. I'll answer questions once that clears up.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

I mean.

I'm back to "unless you, av, and 3c are liars AND The Thing is a lie" the wolf team is entirely contained within McGinty, Snow, Lady, and Cazero.

There are extremely minimal worlds where you even can be a wolf let alone actually are.
    I am currently believing the mason claim because if it's faked it's the best gorram fake claim that's ever been done, including the faked x neighborhood from S6.
    I am currently believing The Thing happened AND spewed GAC/Rogan town.

Tell me where I'm wrong

16. - Top - End - #706

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    I'm back to "unless you, av, and 3c are liars AND The Thing is a lie" the wolf team is entirely contained within McGinty, Snow, Lady, and Cazero.

There are extremely minimal worlds where you even can be a wolf let alone actually are.
    I am currently believing the mason claim because if it's faked it's the best gorram fake claim that's ever been done, including the faked x neighborhood from S6.
    I am currently believing The Thing happened AND spewed GAC/Rogan town.

Tell me where I'm wrong
    I don't think you are, I'm just being snarky.

- - - Updated - - -

But if you are it's probably in Rogan/Gac

17. - Top - End - #707
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

I don't think you are, I'm just being snarky.

- - - Updated - - -

But if you are it's probably in Rogan/Gac
    yeah
    10chars

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning. Got distracted last night so couldn't finish my gac/bladescape work, but I'm definitely fine with lynching within the POE today.

I think the people in it (myself excepted) have been actively wolfy, so it's not just "all these people are town so the wolves have to be in the 0-posters and the people I can't read".

Busy IRL today and will almost certainly be missing EOD. I'll be around at some point between now and then, but doing this now anyway:

No objections to killing any of Ti/MMG/Cazero, would like to not die today if that matters. If I do, legacy is "wolfteam is probably MMG/Ti/Cazero if there's a third, but reevaluate bladescape/gac if you get a townflip in those names".
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #709
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

lady serpentine

- - - Updated - - -

lady serpentine
    forgot I'd already been voting for cazero and I want him more
    Last edited by hollowkatt; 2022-11-05 at 10:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

End of Day 4

Spoiler: Final Votecount
    Show

Cazero 3: Cultist, Hollowkatt, Bladescape
    McGinty 2: Snowblaze, Cazero
    Serpentine 2: Rogan, AV
    Snow 1: Serpentine
    Gac 1: McGinty

Not voting: Gac

"We can't keep giving her toys," reasoned one of the wiser candies, "She'll get frustrated and possibly push us off."

"What do you expect us to do, then? I feel like we've tried everything!"

"See you'd think that, but really most of the candies we've sacrificed have been toys to her rather than sweets. Pez, jawbreaker, lollipop, even candy necklace weren't eaten so much as played with. Licorice was spat out, and taffy ended up on the floor. If Loulou's still here, then clearly this isn't working. We need someone more like fudge."

Things got really quiet. Truth was, at this point most of them were very much "like fudge". Minus the sweet scent of vanilla extract. But still readily consumable and delicious.

"If you ask me," continued the wiser candy, "we might be best off sending her the fruit gums."

"Me? Why me? I mean,... all for the greater good and all, but I really don't think I'm going to keep her from wanting more."

"Perhaps not, no. But there are a lot of you, in a variety of different flavours, and that should keep her entertained for a while."

Everybody held their breath, secretly happy that they weren't the ones being asked to sacrifice themselves, but also a little sad, because they all liked the fruit gums. They were a really great sport.

"Well ok then. I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference that she's not dressed up as anything. And hey, at least I can be certain of getting eaten, unlike some of the others! So there's that!"

And with that, the fruit gums heroically jumped up towards the light, and were proven correct: Loulou enjoyed them very much indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero
    You are: vanilla town
    You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Day 5 starts in 24 hours, please don't forget your night actions.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was unfortunate. It seems all of my intuition was wrong after all.

Sorry Caz!
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

gah

btw totally protecting on AV tonight

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Snow is a possibility, because she jumped in pretty hard to defend Blade. In that analysis her continued pushing of me is an attempt to look like a misreading townie rather than someone defending a teammate.

MMG is not strongly unpaired to anyone but Snow. We can't rule her out. Also, HK and Blade trying to manipulate the lynch while MMG mostly goes under the radar would be a plausible strategy; it makes pairing harder and means that they have someone who's not eye-catching regardless of if it's activity or quiet that gets focused on.

Since Cazero flipped townie, my logic there is irrelevant.

There's not a world where you and 3SC aren't paired. That means it's not you unless a sixteen player game with an SK had five wolves. In that case we're royally screwed, as you might expect.

Blade or HK. I don't think you'd have faked the early salt and there's no reason to put your teammate into the pool and risk us making you scramble for an excuse to not lynch them.

If we assume you did anyway, then MMG or Snow are both viable, since you were pushing me and Cazero today to split the wagons and you only need to force a mislynch between whichever two you split yourselves between tomorrow - presumably me and whichever of those two isn't a wolf, no need to branch into Blade or HK - to win.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2022-11-05 at 01:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

gah

btw totally protecting on AV tonight
    If useful/feasible, a legacy post indicating who you baned last night would be nice. Wolves should already know who that is, after all.

(again, if you think it's useful for town to know, or feasible as a legacy post. otherwise yeah keep mum)

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #715
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

If useful/feasible, a legacy post indicating who you baned last night would be nice. Wolves should already know who that is, after all.

(again, if you think it's useful for town to know, or feasible as a legacy post. otherwise yeah keep mum)
    There was no kill last night, my target is confirmed town to me. N2 there was one kill and we had an active SK. I believe my target is confirmed town via that sequence of actions, others may disagree with me saying "HK your target could have been a wolf and SK could have targeted them" and that's a completely legit take to have.

If I think it's more useful to divulge more I will do so

26. - Top - End - #716
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That is... not ideal. I guess I now agree with bladescape that there are two wolves left on the grounds that I really don't want to have to seriously consider wolves in bladescape/gac.

Which I guess makes my solve MMG/Ti. That's a pretty plausible wolfteam imo, would still like to finish bladescape/gac work but hoping I won't have to.

Actually wait, maybe I will have to... how many alive? Nine, right, so in three-wolf worlds tomorrow is LyLo.

Then again killing one of MMG/Ti only loses if the team is exactly gac/bladescape/the other one. Which is... if that's the case town basically always loses anyway. But I will dig into that world come day phase.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 19
    Games as town: 29.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 31

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #717

ClericGuy

There was no kill last night, my target is confirmed town to me. N2 there was one kill and we had an active SK. I believe my target is confirmed town via that sequence of actions, others may disagree with me saying "HK your target could have been a wolf and SK could have targeted them" and that's a completely legit take to have.

If I think it's more useful to divulge more I will do so
    Clearing a target surely is nice, but you actually have to tell us your target at some point of time for this to work.

We should also try to vote a bit more concentrated. Having two wagons is fine, but not three again. Spreading out means the wolves have an easier time to manipulate things.

I'll try to get a legacy post up, but no promises. I'm a bit stressed out at the moment and to be honest, I don't think I've got much to add.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

28. - Top - End - #718

Wolves already know your info hk

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Wolves already know your info hk
    too true.

N1 - myself
    N2 - Bladescape
    N3 - myself

Obvs I'm clear to myself but also remember that there was no NK N3 so the only way I can be a wolf is if the wolf team can holster their kill. I have seen no indication they can holster.
    I clear Blade from his play, not from not dying N2.

I believe the Visor kill was the wolf kill. It doesn't make sense to me that SK would kill Visor.
    Blade not dying means one of two things. Either I stopped the SK from killing him OR I stopped the wolf team from killing him. The SK cannot holster their kill it is mandatory. Therefore we're missing a kill from N2.
    If I stopped the SK from killing Blade he is not clear. We can't ask Persolus though b/c he's dead. If I stopped the wolf team from killing Blade he's hard cleared. I would approach tomorrow, if I am dead, with Blade as lock clear. Work with him, AV, and 3sc to solve the game. Only, and I repeat ONLY tinfoil Blade in F(x).

Last night I protected myself. Wolves tried to kill me, as they should have. I expect the double tap tonight. On the off chance that it doesn't happen I believe I am protecting the proper person. That may or may not be the person I said in thread I'm protecting.

I believe in the poe of McGinty, Lady, Snow. If The Thing is wrong add Gac and Rogan to that list. Try to see who's arguing for town points on other players in the POE because those are more likely than not townies. Wolves, in this position, are trying to figure out who's their target to get town to make a mistake. They're not going to argue that someone in the POE can be town or should be cleared.

Look more at The Thing, how people reacted, whether or not anyone is arguing against Gac/Rogan based off of it. Understand why the arguments being made are being made.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearing a target surely is nice, but you actually have to tell us your target at some point of time for this to work.

We should also try to vote a bit more concentrated. Having two wagons is fine, but not three again. Spreading out means the wolves have an easier time to manipulate things.

I'll try to get a legacy post up, but no promises. I'm a bit stressed out at the moment and to be honest, I don't think I've got much to add.
    As someone who's being cleared mostly from The Thing if you are town gotta step it up here. The next set of kills I think are locked into place for the wolf team. Myself, Blade, the Masons, all need to die at some point OR need to be shouted down by the wolf team.

30. - Top - End - #720

ClericGuy

Where did you get "The SK has to kill"?
    The OP states "Night actions are optional. If you forget to submit one, you will take no action."
    It's probably not relevant, but I like to be on the same page here.

I think we have to assume 3 wolves left, because in order for there to be only 3 at the beginning, Taffi would have to use her lower bound and round down. That's not impossible, but it doesn't seem likely.

I think everybody should claim tomorrow or even better, tonight in a legacy post.

Vote count
    Cazero 3: Cultist, Hollowkatt, Bladescape
    McGinty 2: Snowblaze, Cazero
    Serpentine 2: Rogan, AV
    Snow 1: Serpentine
    Gac 1: McGinty

Not voting: Gac

Gac, are you alright?
    We need your vote tomorrow.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions