New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne [PF1]

I apologize for my silence, I was hit with a case of Real Life Syndrome this week. Still in schedule to make selections this weekend and get rolling.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    I apologize for my silence, I was hit with a case of Real Life Syndrome this week. Still in schedule to make selections this weekend and get rolling.
    Understood, though where does that leave me as far as possibly being admited?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    Understood, though where does that leave me as far as possibly being admited?
    I will endeavor to make the selections this Saturday, all (mostly) completed sheets will be in consideration. Completed ones preferred.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    I will endeavor to make the selections this Saturday, all (mostly) completed sheets will be in consideration. Completed ones preferred.
    Cool, that should give me some time to get things built.

Edti: So how do we feel about the Leadership feat? because that would certainly help with the "Mercenary Captain" thing. In Addition, the "Daring General" archetype for Cavalier seems well meant for this too :D
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2024-05-17 at 03:39 PM.
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yangrit's sheet

Spoiler: Yangrit Backstory
    Show
    Yangrit’s early memories are a blur of fire and steel. The age-old animosity of the Duergar of the deepest depths and their shallower Dwarven cousins has shattered countless lives and created countless corpses, but for those left alive in the wake of the periodic slave raids and counter-offensives, the years of peace can sometimes be just as harrowing.

As a child, Yangrit was taken from a Duergar outpost leveled by vengeful dwarves bent on liberating some of their own captive children, and dropped in the care of a war orphanage after no ransom for the lower-class gray dwarf girl was forthcoming. She would have been unlikely to find a happy existence among the dwarven hold, marked as she was by pallid gray skin, but as the years of bullying toughened her - and spurred the development of her natural magical talents - she didn’t look down towards the deeper Duergar holds when she dreamed of release, but up towards the surface, where the snippets of tales the skalds told made her dream of wide-open empty spaces, and miles without another soul. Worship of Erastil, never a popular deity among dwarves, started with an illustration of a stag in a discarded children’s book but soon became a guide and a source of strength.

Eventually Yangrit saw at least some dreams become reality when she was fortunate enough to taken in by a family of traveling dwarven merchants, themselves almost outsiders to their own society, for whom the glimpses of the wider world had made the racial enmities seem a little bit smaller - and who hoped that the girl might find a different path away from the cycle of vengeance. Though on its face it was a simple job offer - a scouting assignment, one Yangrit’s keen perception and natural knack for invisibility made her perfect for - she was made from the beginning to feel a part of the family, and quickly accepted her ‘rescuers’ as parents and siblings.

Korvosa would shatter all that - in what should have been a safe city, she let her watchful gaze rest, only for thugs to kill the people who took her in and plunder their caravan. She’s not sure what they were looking for, or what bad tip they got to think a few dwarves scraping by town to town would be their ticket to riches. What she does know is that her two adopted younger siblings Jorun and Isolde weren’t dead among the wreckage. She has no connections in the unfamiliar city, few resources or leads, and little faith in the human guardsmen that have turned a blind eye to her plight so far, but she’s hunted elusive prey before, and she won’t surrender until either her siblings are free or she goes to meet Erastil.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ernest Moltenblood Sheet

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Varisia is dotted with remains of Chelish occupation from so long ago. Not merely in it's cities and ruins but it's people and familes as well. The Moltenblood are such a family, with the lineage able to track back to before the delcine of The Chelish Empire. Whereas a few stragglers might still hold oaths to the Ruby Throne the vast majority of the now merchant family are happily citizens of the Varisian city-states.... or at worst indifferent. Unfortunately, it would seem Varisia itself shares the feeling towards them.

Mainly dealing in spices, with a little bit of everything on the side now, the reputation and affluence of the Moltenblood estate has waned with time and misfortune. Where once was an illustrious and wealthy family now had shriveled and splintered.... with many a member slowly drifting into other families or taking on much less reputable professions in a bid for the return to the glory days of old. But with every passing year, the House Moltenblood only manages to keep itself afloat enough to maintain what's left of it's image and opportunities.

Opportunities that were not enough for a young man of the estate, Ernest Corvus Moltenblood IV, the eldest of 5 sons and 3 daughters. While he wouldn't give into the temptation of black market dealings he could no longer abide the failing state of his home, fortune and reputation. Searching outside the mere trading of spices for a talent of his own he found quickly a knack for dealings of a more..... intense nature. As with many youths searching for wealth and glory he would take a sum of his own wealth and become a freelancer. Surprising many, his own family included, it would turn out he was practically born for the role, capable in battle and naturally gifted with a commanding presence.

It was this knack that brought him offers from shady people to work under their employ as hired muscle or worse. Despite not being a moral busy-body Ernest decided such offers were beneath him and walked along refusing to add yet another stain to the Moltenblood name by associating so fully with criminals. Be this as it may, it would be tragic yet unsurprising when he found out that one of his young brothers found himself tied into such rot and pinned with a heinous crime. Thankfully, Ernest was able to root out the lies and treachery and secure his brother's freedom.... even if the damage had been done the their families reputation yet again.

This was a personal transgression to Ernest, and has brought him to Korvosa as much to see this wrong made right as to find new work in his own career. How fortuitous then that the city seemed to have erupted into unrest and conspiracy. Will this be a further complication..... or a new opportunity?

Edit: Alright, finished and ready for inspection :D
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2024-05-18 at 02:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

It looks to me like you've got a free point of point buy left over! Could bump something up to a 13?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Paddywagon Man View Post
    It looks to me like you've got a free point of point buy left over! Could bump something up to a 13?
    Odd when I checked the math on the point buy calculator it said i was at 20, but I will for sure still check.

Edit: Yep, Charisma, making it a 15 after racial stats :D

Edit: So how do we feel about the Leadership feat? because that would certainly help with the "Mercenary Captain" thing. In Addition, the "Daring General" archetype for Cavalier seems well meant for this too :D
    But also what of this I wonder?
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2024-05-18 at 05:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Just letting know my sheet its been ready for a couple of days.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ugh. Things aren't exactly calm on my end, either. And I still have my final exam to get through. If you're planning on picking a party this weekend, don't wait for me.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

The selection is almost upon us

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I find myself (as always, it seems) swamped with many great submissions that I must prune somehow.

So my picks here are
    Lily Rush
    Asher Levin
    Ember
    Vincent Foundling
    Rudy

Tough choices, both for which Oracle to take, and who to give the fifth slot to. If it's alright, I'd consider Lonnie and Xartan as main alternates.

My apologies to those who did not get chosen. There's enough characters to form an entire second party, but I don't think that I have the time.

Link to OOC

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Well darn, but my addition was pretty last minute comparatively. I guess I'll hang around in here in case there's a chance for my to get in later. Have fun everybody. If no one minds I might still spectate just to see this adventure path :D

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Have fun guys!
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Colossus in the Playground

Best of fun to y'all! Have luck!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

We could be 2 Desna believers; Oracle and Omduras. I think it couldn't be done this time. :(
    Either way. Have fun.