New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: As You Command IC

Lamorak snarls. His first instinct, now that he has a moment to have one about the apparition, is that it's about the crown. Was this ruin the place from which the aquatic beast tribes fished up the relic, only to have it stolen away? Is this the ghost of some bereft monarch moaning to have their lost authority back? But the crawling blood on the floor suggests something simpler, and more in line with the tower's open obsession: blood. The thing craves blood, whether out of pure hunger or to reconstitute itself. Now the blood of the crustaceans was flowing - this must have been insufficient for the spectre's purposes.

Now that he could understand that, perhaps there was room to bargain.

"Burn the blood," he murmurs to Sharkan, before drawing his voice up, full and demanding.

"You crave blood? And what will you give for it, that we cannot take with impunity?"

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Fool among fools! I want the wine not the cup! That they have drunk to deep from me already!"

As it says this it continues slamming against the glass. The edges of it's form now seem to have turned almost translucent, blurring with the edge of the containment but they still seem unable to break through.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"As you Command my Lorrrrrd" he purrs under his breath. without the slightest flick of the wrist, two cats of fire leap from his back and lunge into the gathering pools of blood.

Spoiler: Spellcraft
    Show

Still Spell + Scorching Ray.

(1d20+10)[13] Ranged Touch
    (4d6)[9] Fire damage

(1d20+10)[23] Ranged Touch
    (4d6)[16] Fire damage

Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

The bloody form screams in frustration, before parts of it's form begin boiling. It spits out three missiles of boiling blood which slam into the door melting a small hole through the entre of it. The form lurches forward, getting ready to flow through the open gap in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Creatures of blood are not Maiabel's strong suit, so instead of attacking, she moves over to her lord and, after dropping her offhand blade, pulls out her holy symbol and casts a spell of protection on the Dark Lord. She isn't sure if its protection will help against whatever this thing has in store, but at least the spell will last a little while.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action: Go over to Lamorak.
    Free Action: Drop her off-hand.
    Standard Action: Cast Shield of Faith on Lamorak, giving him a +3 Deflection bonus to AC. This will last 6 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Cypher cycles through a chain of holy symbols, selects a particularly obscure one, and presents it with determination and something approximating conviction...

Spoiler: Turn Undead!
    Show
    Being Waistcoatwill's Turnsman for the moment. He can turn 2d6+Cha+Factotum level undead, so that's 2d6-1+9.

(2d6+8)[17]. Level 4 undead or lower are destroyed instead of turned.

EDIT: Okay, wait, I've screwed this up a bit. That's turning damage. The turning check is just a charisma roll with +2 from knowledge religion. That roll was a 6, +2 for the knowledge, so 8. Which means he can turn an 8HD undead at most.

Cypher cannot with this effect turn something with 9 or more HD. He can turn up to 17 HD of undead, but it's probably just the one, if it's any at all.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2024-06-15 at 09:10 AM.